PDA

View Full Version : Children of Bodom - "Relentless Reckless Forever" - March 8, 2011

imanidiot777
12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
I didn't see any threads posted about this and not really sure if anyone cares; but I do. Album name, some track names, and a release date are listed as well as some sources linked. Hope this turns out to be great!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_bodom#Relentless_Reckless_Forever_.282 010.E2.80.93present.29

DethMaiden
12-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Now, I don't like Children of Bodom and never have, but for those fans who like the older stuff, are you at all concerned by the fact that the album is called "Relentless Reckless Forever" and the three song titles thus far are "Ugly," "Was It Worth It?," and "Pussyfoot Miss Suicide"? I know they've been embracing this party rock n' roll getting wasted thing for a while now, but this seems to be going even more over the edge.

Derelict
12-07-2010, 11:33 AM
Now, I don't like Children of Bodom and never have, but for those fans who like the older stuff, are you at all concerned by the fact that the album is called "Relentless Reckless Forever" and the three song titles thus far are "Ugly," "Was It Worth It?," and "Pussyfoot Miss Suicide"? I know they've been embracing this party rock n' roll getting wasted thing for a while now, but this seems to be going even more over the edge.

I was out on these guys awhile ago - first album was really awesome when it came out, but they've really gone downhill. Also, they look like assholes live.

imanidiot777
12-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Yeah, that doesn't exactly make it sound stellar. Recently they have been playing a lot of the older songs though so I wonder if they are liking the older style again.

mastodon421
12-07-2010, 12:03 PM
I am going to listen to it, Bodom's one of my favorite bands, but "Pussy Foot Miss Suicide" Seriously? My hopes aren't very high.

bt11763
12-07-2010, 12:31 PM
I am going to listen to it, Bodom's one of my favorite bands, but "Pussy Foot Miss Suicide" Seriously? My hopes aren't very high.

this

makethemsuffer12
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
Now, I don't like Children of Bodom and never have, but for those fans who like the older stuff, are you at all concerned by the fact that the album is called "Relentless Reckless Forever" and the three song titles thus far are "Ugly," "Was It Worth It?," and "Pussyfoot Miss Suicide"?
Yes.

I'm definately more partial to the older stuff, but I still like the new sound as well (AYDY? was what got me into them). Blooddrunk, though, really isn't all that great aside from a few songs. I don't have high hopes for this album, but I'll still check it out when it's released.

SomewhereInTime72
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Bodom never really got bad per se but.... those song titles...:wtf: :hecho:

AnthG
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Bodom's golden period was Hatebreeder through Hate Crew Deathroll. I never got into Something Wild the way so many people seem to, but those 3 albums in the middle were great. I was really big into these guys from 2005-2006, then I just kind of fell off during the off period between Are You Dead Yet and Blooddrunk. They're great live though, and a new album just means more touring, so i'll definitely try to catch them on their next trip through here.

treghet
12-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, I can't say I'm surprised about those song titles. It's disappointing to me, as a fan, but I saw it coming. I'll just keep listening to their old albums...

xStructualDefect
12-07-2010, 08:55 PM
i could care less about titles. as long as the music is good that's all what really matters to me.

DementedX14
12-07-2010, 09:27 PM
i could care less about titles. as long as the music is good that's all what really matters to me.

This.

Northern_Shaman
12-07-2010, 09:32 PM
...for those fans who like the older stuff, are you at all concerned by the fact that the album is called "Relentless Reckless Forever" and the three song titles thus far are "Ugly," "Was It Worth It?," and "Pussyfoot Miss Suicide"?

Yes.

Something Wild, Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper, Hatecrew Deathroll
---Children of Bodom albums.

Are You Dead Yet?, Blooddrunk
---Children of Boredom albums.

I can already tell what the new one will sound like. I know I won't like the whole album, so I'm just hoping for a gem or two of older sounding material. Weird, because their latest setlists have been heavy on FTR-style songs... Thought they'd be going back.

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I like all Children Of Bodom albums. Nothing wrong with them old or new. I'm looking forward to the new album.

Travis The Dragon
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM
I like all Children Of Bodom albums. Nothing wrong with them old or new. I'm looking forward to the new album.

This.

JRA
12-08-2010, 03:53 PM

Bodom is one of those bands where you can't judge a song by its title. I mean look at "Kissing The Shadows." You look at that and you think stupid A7X eyeliner mallcore crap, but it turns out to be the most Rust In Peace song since Rust In Peace.

PowerMaiden
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
great band, they fucking slay live ! looking forward to it !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

xStructualDefect
12-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Bodom is one of those bands where you can't judge a song by its title. I mean look at "Kissing The Shadows." You look at that and you think stupid A7X eyeliner mallcore crap, but it turns out to be the most Rust In Peace song since Rust In Peace.

agreed. Every Time I Die is another song you might think that is "emo" or whatever, but it's still awesome.

imanidiot777
12-09-2010, 05:09 AM
agreed. Every Time I Die is another song you might think that is "emo" or whatever, but it's still awesome.

That song is one of my favorites. Regardless of the lyrics the song itself is so well done.

cradle_of_maiden
12-09-2010, 04:50 PM
They should call this the "How Many Cover Songs Can We Destroy Next" album.

xStructualDefect
12-10-2010, 06:07 AM
http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=f99ba99e165d11b5fa51af3d1392bae9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.metalblade.com%2Fnews%2Fimage s%2Fcob_relentlessrecklessforever.jpg

from their Facebook.

Indestructible
12-10-2010, 06:55 AM
http://external.ak.fbcdn.net/safe_image.php?d=f99ba99e165d11b5fa51af3d1392bae9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.metalblade.com%2Fnews%2Fimage s%2Fcob_relentlessrecklessforever.jpg

from their Facebook.

Bodoms best album artwork.

BloodoftheKings
12-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Track Listing

01. Not My Funeral
02. Shovel Knockout
03. Roundtrip to Hell and Back
04. Pussyfoot Miss Suicide
05. Relentless Reckless Forever
06. Ugly
07. Cry of the Nihilist
08. Was It Worth It?
09. Northpole Throwdown
10. Party All the Time (EDDIE MURPHY cover) :barf:

Indestructible
12-10-2010, 10:01 AM

Bodom always covers weird songs that are the complete opposite of them.

treghet
12-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Well, those are the worst song titles I've seen from them, but as it has been said, lots of Bodom songs have cheesy titles, so maybe the album will be good. However, I'm not expecting anything spectacular.

BloodoftheKings
12-10-2010, 10:40 AM
I love music with humour but Children of Bodom works much better as a serious band. The pop song covers might have been a little funny the first time but their really killing it. Im a little scared this album is gonna sound like Andrew W.K. with Alexi Laiho's vocals.

AnthG
12-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Lawl @ "Northpole Throwdown"

TonyD
12-10-2010, 12:05 PM
I think this is the first one without "bodom" somewhere in a title.

:rocker: Party All The Time

daimonos
12-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Unless it sounds like anything they put out between 96 and 2002, I don't give a shit.

makethemsuffer12
12-10-2010, 01:08 PM

This is the only thing I'm looking forward to about this album.

And the album cover sucks.

bt11763
12-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Bodoms best album artwork.

you're fucking joking right.

sometimes i hate that i love this band. i have zero expectations for the new album and will probably not listen to it at all

makethemsuffer12
12-10-2010, 01:20 PM
you're fucking joking right.

It's Indestructible, so you know that he isn't. :lol:

mastodon421
12-10-2010, 01:23 PM
The album cover's ok, far from their best though. Still not too excited for it, but we'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

makethemsuffer12
12-10-2010, 01:47 PM
I just want to hear the fucking Eddie Murphy cover. I FUCKING LOVE THAT SONG.

bt11763
12-10-2010, 02:27 PM
I just want to hear the fucking Eddie Murphy cover. I FUCKING LOVE THAT SONG.

:lol: :lol: :lol: i forgot about that

makethemsuffer12
12-10-2010, 02:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: i forgot about that

RICK JAMES, BITCH.

bt11763
12-10-2010, 03:23 PM
RICK JAMES, BITCH.

now if y'all will excuse me, i have to put water in bucknasty's momma's dish

Indestructible
12-10-2010, 03:40 PM
I usualy like most if not all albums by all the bands I listen to, so I shouldn't have a problem liking this one.

Northern_Shaman
12-10-2010, 03:58 PM
sometimes i hate that i love this band. i have zero expectations for the new album and will probably not listen to it at all

I agree with you so hard. It's likely that I'll give it a listen (or at least skim through the tracks), but it would be punishment to my musical soul to get my hopes up for this. Pessimists are always either pleasantly surprised, or proven right. Fuckyear. So, predictions:

01. Not My Funeral - Could be good. Most likely too fast/not enough keys.
02. Shovel Knockout - Tough guy song, hopefully with some HCDR influence.
03. Roundtrip to Hell and Back - Blooddrunk-esque.
04. Pussyfoot Miss Suicide - Nope.
05. Relentless Reckless Forever - Despite not liking the title, I could see this one being decent.
06. Ugly - Nope.
07. Cry of the Nihilist - The token slow song, similar to 'Angels Don't Kill'.
08. Was It Worth It? - Nope.
09. Northpole Throwdown - wat.
10. Party All the Time - MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME.

BloodoftheKings
12-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Clips from the album:
Bits and pieces of "Shovel Knockout" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-po4aqmTaY) sounds fine.
Intro of "Was it Worth It" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSfDSayST_0) not enough to form opinion.

treghet
12-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Clips from the album:
Bits and pieces of "Shovel Knockout" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-po4aqmTaY) sounds fine.

I like what I hear from that.

EDIT: I don't know why I can't stop listening to that. I just love those first few seconds. I'm actually looking forward to the album now. :)

bt11763
12-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I agree with you so hard. It's likely that I'll give it a listen (or at least skim through the tracks), but it would be punishment to my musical soul to get my hopes up for this. Pessimists are always either pleasantly surprised, or proven right. Fuckyear. So, predictions:

01. Not My Funeral - Could be good. Most likely too fast/not enough keys.
02. Shovel Knockout - Tough guy song, hopefully with some HCDR influence.
03. Roundtrip to Hell and Back - Blooddrunk-esque.
04. Pussyfoot Miss Suicide - Nope.
05. Relentless Reckless Forever - Despite not liking the title, I could see this one being decent.
06. Ugly - Nope.
07. Cry of the Nihilist - The token slow song, similar to 'Angels Don't Kill'.
08. Was It Worth It? - Nope.
09. Northpole Throwdown - wat.
10. Party All the Time - MY GIRL WANTS TO PARTY ALL THE TIME.

yup, exactly this

SomewhereInTime72
12-11-2010, 12:04 AM

That title actually reminds me of Trashed, Lost & Strungout, which was quite good.

The sample that was posted sounds ok too. Not terrible.

Fires Of Sedition
12-11-2010, 09:55 AM
I like what I hear from that.

EDIT: I don't know why I can't stop listening to that. I just love those first few seconds. I'm actually looking forward to the album now. :)

Samesies.

BloodoftheKings
12-24-2010, 11:44 AM
After watching this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYK7EcFwPc8) interview im pretty sure the album is going to suck.

BloodoftheKings
01-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I just saw a facebook update saying the first single "Was It Worth It?" is going to premiere on liquid metal tonight @ 9:00 EST.

MPF
01-03-2011, 07:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=megqMFAIQYs

It sounds like they were taking their cover songs a bit too seriously this time around. This is way too poppy. It's All That Remains with Keyboards.

BloodoftheKings
01-03-2011, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=megqMFAIQYs

It sounds like they were taking their cover songs a bit too seriously this time around. This is way too poppy. It's All That Remains with Keyboards.

This song sucks. It's mainstream but it's not even catchy. Was It Worth It?, No not at all.

JRA
01-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I love it.

Really. :eyes:

It's a fuckton better than In Your Face.

slapguitarer
01-03-2011, 08:14 PM
I liked it until the chorus came around. It was too radio friendly.

AnthG
01-03-2011, 09:55 PM
Not terrible. Pretty much reminds me of Blooddrunk.

treghet
01-03-2011, 10:01 PM
It was pretty much what I was expecting. Just alright.

Dextrimental
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Honestly losing interest in this band, and this album, at an alarming rate. They had me DEVOTED for about a year, but now I want to see them live to see my favorite song of theirs (Are You Dead Yet?), and after that I really just don't care for them. Judging from 'Was It Worth It?', they are simply just becoming more and more radio friendly as thr albums go by. This will be downloaded, and PERHAPS a physical copy bought if it actually manages to impress me.

Fires Of Sedition
01-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Not very good :(

TonyD
01-04-2011, 02:36 AM
Are You Dead Yet had a few good songs but Blooddrunk sucked, and it sounds like this isn't gonna be much different. Not to mention a horrific covers album in between, and this band is pretty much dead to me.

mastodon421
01-04-2011, 07:35 AM
It's alright, just like I expected it would be. Sounds pretty much exactly like Blooddrunk.

BlindGuardian93
01-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Nothing too groundbreaking with this..which kind of bums me out i think they have alot of talent and just are not trying new things.

treghet
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Nothing too groundbreaking with this..which kind of bums me out i think they have alot of talent and just are not trying new things.

Exactly. They could do so much more, but it seems like now that they've become so successful they don't really care. I'd die if they could at least put out something on par with Hate Crew, but that doesn't seem likely to happen. :(

AnthG
01-04-2011, 11:01 AM
Alexi Laiho has pretty much become Zakk Wylde: Talented guitar player who mails it in when he writes songs.

street_burial
01-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Honestly losing interest in this band, and this album, at an alarming rate. but now I want to see them live to see my favorite song of theirs (Are You Dead Yet?), and after that I really just don't care for them. Judging from 'Was It Worth It?', they are simply just becoming more and more radio friendly as thr albums go by. This will be downloaded

this

SomewhereInTime72
01-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Yeah... I'll probably pirate this shit when it comes out (:eek: ), but no way in hell will this be a release day purchase the way other albums have been from them (AYDY was one because I thought it might be like HCDR :().