PDA

View Full Version : The End of JUDAS PRIEST

ravenheart
12-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Judas Priest are retiring after one final tour in 2011. The Epitaph Tour will start in Europe in the Summer.

Press release: "After storming the world for nearly 40 years and taking their very special brand of heavy metal to all four corners of the planet, JUDAS PRIEST - one of the most influential heavy metal bands of all time, have announced this will be their final world tour!!

However, the mighty PRIEST will certainly be going out strong as they rock the planet starting in 2011 on the massive EPITAPH tour - hitting all the major cities throughout the world they will be playing the songs that helped make the name JUDAS PRIEST synonymous with heavy metal!

With all guns blazing and amps cranked to eleven, the band will be giving all their fans one last chance to witness the ultimate metal experience that is JUDAS PRIEST!

JUDAS PRIEST will be starting their world tour in Europe.

Stay tuned as we announce more dates - information will be forthcoming soon - so start getting prepared to rock one final time with the incomparable JUDAS PRIEST!!"

Confirmed so far:

June 9 - Sweden Rock Festival, Solvesborg, Sweden
June 11 - Sauna Open-Air, Finland
June 17 - Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
June 19 - Hellfest, Clisson, France
June 22 - Gods of Metal, Milan, Italy
June 25 - Graspop Metal Meeting, Dessel, Belgium

July 23 - High Voltage Festival, London, England

August 5 - Wacken Open-Air, Wacken, Germany

davidis138
12-07-2010, 03:30 AM
:jima:

Citatet
12-07-2010, 03:48 AM
God Damn that sucks!

However, itīs still good to know that they will stop before they become a parody on themselves.

But still. It sucks...

moobys37
12-07-2010, 05:08 AM
I'm guessing they'll do one final world tour and then release a final album, followed by a European tour to finish it up. I'm glad they're doing this now before Halford's voice goes to hell.

mastodon421
12-07-2010, 05:10 AM
Shit, that sucks. I need to seem them on this tour.

DethMaiden
12-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Wow, I'm pretty surprised by this. I'll have to try to see them when they hit the States. Thanks for the forty years of metal, Priest! :horns:

girnny777
12-07-2010, 06:04 AM
Damn....

Hopefully they do a really extensive tour of the US so I can see them more than once.

zgodt
12-07-2010, 06:11 AM
However, itīs still good to know that they will stop before they become a parody on themselves.

:eyes:

ShatteredFlame
12-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Woah, sad news but I'm glad to see that at least one of the bigger metal acts of the world has the balls to call it quits while they are still in good terms with each other.

Ready to rock the world one last time! Great way to go out! :fist:

ravenheart
12-07-2010, 06:46 AM
I will see them at least twice on this tour. Should be a blast. Although something tells me the setlist will be a bit boring.

makethemsuffer12
12-07-2010, 06:59 AM
I will see them at least twice on this tour. Should be a blast. Although something tells me the setlist will be a bit boring.

I don't know about that. I would imagine that the setlists will be awesome because of this. Keep in mind that the only time I've seen Priest was in the summer of '09 on the British Steel anniversary tour, so there are still a lot of awesome, classic songs I haven't seen them perform.

Anyway, this is a bit of a bummer. I love Priest, but if anytime would be a good time to end it, it would be now, with Rob's voice not being as powerful as it used to. It's still sad to see them go, though. I'll be sure to catch them every time they come through until the end.

JRA
12-07-2010, 07:25 AM
I was kind of hoping for another album, but whatever.

ravenheart
12-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I don't know about that. I would imagine that the setlists will be awesome because of this. Keep in mind that the only time I've seen Priest was in the summer of '09 on the British Steel anniversary tour, so there are still a lot of awesome, classic songs I haven't seen them perform.

Yeah, but that's just you. Most fans will have seen them more than on just that tour and will have seen all the other greatest hits songs before. Europe didn't even get the British Steel tour.

I think the setlist will suck, but it's the last tour, so it kind of doesn't matter so much.

DethMaiden
12-07-2010, 07:59 AM
The setlist will "suck" in the sense that it's going to be a hits setlist, but Priest's hits are generally very good. As long as they cover most of their albums, I'll be happy.

The 2008 setlist was "hits" (only one from the album it was promoting) and it was fucking awesome, so I trust the Priest.

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Damn, didn't see this coming. I have to see them one more time before they call it quits.

treghet
12-07-2010, 08:17 AM
Hopefully I will be able to make it to a show. I don't want to miss my chance to see them.

ravenheart
12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
The 2008 setlist was "hits" (only one from the album it was promoting) and it was fucking awesome, so I trust the Priest.

Er, you mean the 2008 setlist with all the non-hits in it and only 5 regulars?

That setlist ruled! I'd be more than happy with a setlist equivalent to that with loads of deep cuts from the older albums.

TonyD
12-07-2010, 09:20 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO

bt11763
12-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Hopefully I will be able to make it to a show. I don't want to miss my chance to see them.

this

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Damn. I'm kind of bummed out considering that Judas Priest is like one of my all time favorite bands :(

As for the dates. If they are playing Europe during the summer then that probably means they will not trek to the U.S untill september/october :flame:

I will definitely be going to this. I have seen Priest twice in concert and they kick major ass. I expect the same to happen for this tour :fist:

ImmortalEmperor
12-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Wow. That sucks - I sure didn't see it coming. Priest has always been my favorite band and this news hits me the way I guess a Maiden retirement announcement would hit most of the guys on this board. I will definitely need to road trip and see multiple dates on this final tour.

Griphook
12-07-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm so glad that I will see them at Wacken. I atleast get to see them once in my life.

TonyD
12-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Now that the initial reaction has set in, I'm lucky to have seen them 3 of the 4 times they've been around since the reunion (still regret missing one :lol:), but I guess all good things must end. Wherever/whenever they come to CA I'll be there, hopefully more than once.

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 10:42 AM
Now that the initial reaction has set in, I'm lucky to have seen them 3 of the 4 times they've been around since the reunion (still regret missing one :lol:), but I guess all good things must end. Wherever/whenever they come to CA I'll be there, hopefully more than once.

you saw them at ozzfest/priest feast/Metal Masters?

I would have loved to see Priest with Slayer and Black Sabbath for Ozzfest :(

JRA
12-07-2010, 10:58 AM
you saw them at ozzfest/priest feast/Metal Masters?

I would have loved to see Priest with Slayer and Black Sabbath for Ozzfest :(

It was good, but I would have rather seen Rush for the 30th anniversary tour.

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 11:16 AM
It was good, but I would have rather seen Rush for the 30th anniversary tour.

I would love to see Rush in general :cool:

A lot of my friends went and saw them here at the Verizon Wireless Ampitheater over here in Irvine back in may of 08'. They told me they came on stage at exactly 7 pm and they ended the set around 10:40ish.........talk about epic. Almost 4 fucking hours.......Not to mention Neils Epic "drum solo" :drool:

I wanted to go see Rush this year in Irvine(they played in August) but tickets where sold out including Lawn which was only 20 bucks :(

SomewhereInTime72
12-07-2010, 11:19 AM
FUCK. To be honest, I'm glad Priest are gonna go out on what I consider to be a fairly high note of their career... But I'm also sad that the end is coming. Gonna have to try to catch as many shows as possible from this tour. Priest are my 2nd favorite band and I'll be damned if knowing I won't be seeing them live again will not depress me.

mankvill
12-07-2010, 11:30 AM
D:

Saw them in the Summer of '08 and it was fucking amazing, even though I almost passed out from dehydration. :shred:

MPF
12-07-2010, 11:38 AM
This is depressing. I don't want Nostradamus to be their last album. I want them to end on their best album.

I have yet to see Preist live, but apparently this will change next year.

evildeadjedi
12-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Sad to hear them calling it quits. I will definitely have to see them on this tour at least once.

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 11:56 AM
D:

Saw them in the Summer of '08 and it was fucking amazing, even though I almost passed out from dehydration. :shred:

SAME HERE MAN! Metal Masters right? Was yours at an out door venue? Mine was which added more blistering heat to the already shitty hot summer. I swear during "painkiller" I almost fainted! I was so dehydrated and brought no money for water/food or anything. And to make it worse I was getting a bad case of cotton mouth from all the cigarette and weed smoke that where being blown all around me from different directions......and headbanging like a maniac didn't help :hecho:

Butcher of Birth
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I will go and see this if I have to go over the water like I am for Maiden!

I actually got into Priest before Maiden. The last two Priest albums were amazing.

TonyD
12-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I actually got into Priest before Maiden. The last two Priest albums were amazing.

Oh lawl

I imagine they're going to play outdoor venues like they usually do, but I'll hope they do arenas with standing room on the floor. Otherwise I've gotta start saving some money for decent seats...

elturtleboy
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
:boohoo:

maidenpriest
12-07-2010, 02:27 PM
this sucks! :( will definitely have to see them again before they retire, only seen them once back in 2005.

mankvill
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
SAME HERE MAN! Metal Masters right? Was yours at an out door venue? Mine was which added more blistering heat to the already shitty hot summer. I swear during "painkiller" I almost fainted! I was so dehydrated and brought no money for water/food or anything. And to make it worse I was getting a bad case of cotton mouth from all the cigarette and weed smoke that where being blown all around me from different directions......and headbanging like a maniac didn't help :hecho:

Actually, no. Mine was a headlining off-date before the Metal Masters tour. It was a radio guy's 15th anniversary of his radio show, and the lineup was: Judas Priest/Jackyl/Drowning Pool/local band. Drowning Pool sucked, Jackyl was okay but played for way too long. Way too many people, not enough water drunk beforehand, hehe.

larvtard
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
I just want to see them live once more and then I'm fine. They were pretty awesome last time I saw them, and they'll probably play an even more awesome set of songs on their last tour. I've only seen them do British Steel and about 7 other songs anyway. I need to hear Electric Eye and Painkiller :blaze:

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I just want to see them live once more and then I'm fine. They were pretty awesome last time I saw them, and they'll probably play an even more awesome set of songs on their last tour. I've only seen them do British Steel and about 7 other songs anyway. I need to hear Electric Eye and Painkiller :blaze:

I need to hear "Beyond The Realms of Death" before they retire :(

daimonos
12-07-2010, 04:03 PM
I never did get into Judas Priest :eyes:

Indestructible
12-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I never did get into Judas Priest :eyes:

I don't like them as much as other people do. Some Priest songs are great some are not.

maidenpriest
12-07-2010, 04:32 PM
I need to hear "Beyond The Realms of Death" before they retire :(

definitely the highlight of the concert for me back in 2005, along with Victim of Changes.

Crionics
12-07-2010, 05:39 PM
:( I guess I'll have to see them next year, no matter what.

TonyD
12-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Oh shit, thread stickied, serious business.

HackedUpForBBQ
12-07-2010, 06:47 PM
Gonna drive to the nearest show, be it minutes away or hours away. Another one of the greats will be laid to rest.... RIP!!!!

Travis The Dragon
12-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Along with Scorpions, it's a good idea for them to do this before they're so old that they can't properly perform anymore. I'll have to catch them one last time for sure!

DisposableJustice
12-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Well I never got into Priest that much but if they come near Denver I might go just for the history of it all;)

Sanitarium78
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm not the biggest Priest fan ever. I think they've got some really good stuff but they've also got some really crappy stuff. Considering i've never seen them live i'll have to try and see them on this tour. I'm not shocked like some people are about this. The guys are like 60 now and once you get to that age retirement is always a possibility.

Sepultura69
12-07-2010, 10:58 PM
I'm not the biggest Priest fan ever. I think they've got some really good stuff but they've also got some really crappy stuff. .

Same with Metallica :cool:

300%_Density
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Shit how did I not know about this until now? Sad day but hell after 40 years not surprising all at the same time. I've only seen them once and that was at the '04 Ozzfest. All I really knew at that time was just the popular stuff, I figured I would know a few songs and the rest of it would really not be good. Shit was I wrong, Priest totally rocked it out. They are the most memorable thing I took from the '04 Ozzfest that was already loaded. They will be missed for sure and I hope they are remotely close to where I live, I want to see the Epitaph.

JuuKun
12-08-2010, 04:49 AM
Sad, but not particularly shocked or anything. Would love to catch them again. The only time I've seen them was on the British Steel anniversary tour, so I'd be happy with just about any set they could put together for this. If there's a New England date, I'm there.

JLRedWing13
12-08-2010, 10:30 AM
:bouville:

JudasPriest89
12-09-2010, 02:32 PM
NOOOOOO

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=05E3D999-903B-49F0-A8D2-C4A2431C9B2D

Let's just hope they come to the states with this....

Dates announced

9th June Sweden Rock Festival, Sweden
11th June Sauna Festival, Finland
17th June Copenhell Festival, Copenhagen, Denmark
19th June Hellfest, Nantes, France
22nd June Gods of Metal Festival, Milan, Italy
25th June Graspop Festival, Belgium
23rd July HIgh Voltage Festival, London, UK
5th August Wacken Festival, Germany

300%_Density
12-09-2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15424

Crionics
12-09-2010, 02:38 PM
God
Dam
Mitt
Fonz

Nah jk :D

makethemsuffer12
12-09-2010, 02:40 PM
God
Dam
Mitt
Fonz

Nah jk :D

I honestly thought that Fonz made this thread. :lol:

bt11763
12-09-2010, 03:04 PM
I honestly thought that Fonz made this thread. :lol:

this :lol:

treghet
12-09-2010, 03:18 PM
How could you miss the sticky?

Sepultura69
12-09-2010, 03:20 PM
AWESOME THREAD

Derelict
12-09-2010, 03:23 PM
AWESOME THREAD

This.

Travis The Dragon
12-09-2010, 04:08 PM
No comment. :tongue:

mankvill
12-09-2010, 05:41 PM
HOOOOLY SHIT

NecroRob
12-09-2010, 06:25 PM
LOUD NOISES.

Sanitarium78
12-09-2010, 07:01 PM
How could you miss the sticky?

My thoughts exactly. Also, I see this more as a retirement than a breakup. There's a bit of a difference there.

Travis The Dragon
12-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Does anyone know if any of the bands that Halford sang in before Priest released any albums or songs with him on vocals? Athens Wood, Lord Lucifer, Abraxas, Thark and Hiroshima are the bands that wikipedia lists.

Travis The Dragon
12-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Does anyone know if any of the bands that Halford sang in before Priest released any albums or songs with him on vocals? Athens Wood, Lord Lucifer, Abraxas, Thark and Hiroshima are the bands that wikipedia lists.

Guess I'll have to start a new thread and ask this.

metalmilitia54
12-10-2010, 02:42 AM
I thank Judas Priest for deliverin' the goods while they were around. Before they hit the highway, they just wanted us to know that we've got another thing comin' - the final tour to remind us that Priest will always be one of the greatest!

xStructualDefect
12-10-2010, 04:32 AM
not the biggest Priest fan, but i'll most definitely see them if this is their last tour.

JLRedWing13
12-12-2010, 02:56 PM
My thoughts exactly. Also, I see this more as a retirement than a breakup. There's a bit of a difference there.
It didn't sound to me like Halford is done with his solo band, though. Nevertheless, it is retirement..

makethemsuffer12
12-12-2010, 05:02 PM
I thank Judas Priest for deliverin' the goods while they were around. Before they hit the highway, they just wanted us to know that we've got another thing comin' - the final tour to remind us that Priest will always be one of the greatest!

Could that've been any more cheesier?

BloodoftheKings
12-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Could that've been any more cheesier?

At this show us priest fans will be United and definetely be Living After Midnight after the show. This truly is the Heroes End for the Metal Gods.

ravenheart
12-18-2010, 04:59 AM
New comment from Halford:

"My intention, no matter where I go or what I do, is to keep making metal. We do have a few more things we want to say – but what we’d rather do for the time being is let the information settle. It’s very big news for a lot of fans and we want to let the firestorm settle down. So for all intents and purposes, it’s the farewell tour, and it’ll probably last into 2012."

Maple Syrup
12-29-2010, 08:55 AM
It would be nice if Priest released some old unreleased audio or video for the fans. Sad that Priest has never grasped the past, where bands like Kiss and Maiden have hundreds of hours of old material.

BloodoftheKings
02-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Rob Halford said thye might do material from every album. I hope when they say every album that just means all the essentials. Please nothing from Turbo, Ram It Down, and the last 4 albums.

TonyD
02-15-2011, 07:51 PM
It would be nice if Priest released some old unreleased audio or video for the fans. Sad that Priest has never grasped the past, where bands like Kiss and Maiden have hundreds of hours of old material.

Not to mention hundreds of pieces of merchandise.

Div
02-15-2011, 08:05 PM
ahhhh, how did i miss this thread (threads? :eyes: ) priest will prob do some cameo shows once in awhile but i think they deserve to call it quits if they want. the setlist will be impossible though, way too many great songs to fit in there. although it probably wouldnt piss off fans as much as a maiden farewell setlist.

Dissimulate
02-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Rob Halford said thye might do material from every album. I hope when they say every album that just means all the essentials. Please nothing from Turbo, Ram It Down, and the last 4 albums.
I wouldn't mind hearing Ram it Down or Blood Red Skies, but I wouldn't want them in place of hits or one of the few deep tracks, if any, they'll do. It would be awesome if they played one of the better Ripper songs, but the best one is 10 minutes long, and anyways there is no chance. I wouldn't mind hearing something from Angel of Retribution, but again not in place of anything major. It would be cool to get a set full of unexpected songs, but if this is really it I want to see their big hits more then anything else.

maidenpriest
02-15-2011, 11:19 PM
if they are to play anything off of Turbo...i want out in the cold. but i dont expect many surprises in this set since its a farewell. im praying for one shot at glory or tyrant though.

girnny777
02-16-2011, 02:33 AM
The number one song I want to hear from them is Tyrant. If I hear that song live I can die happy.

ravenheart
02-16-2011, 02:37 AM

Which wouldn't make any sense, because that would just be a normal set. If he's making of point of saying "every album" then he means "every album".

And seeing as he's said he'd be happy doing Ripper songs before, I would expect that to include the Ripper albums. And so it should!

ravenheart
02-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Priest are now taking fan votes for favourite tracks from every album (including the Ripper ones) on their forum.

Dissimulate
02-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Which wouldn't make any sense, because that would just be a normal set. If he's making of point of saying "every album" then he means "every album".

And seeing as he's said he'd be happy doing Ripper songs before, I would expect that to include the Ripper albums. And so it should!
:rocker:

They get tons of respect from me for doing this, I haven't heard of a band doing this for most of a setlist. If only Maiden would do the same.

ravenheart
02-16-2011, 05:34 PM
:rocker:

They get tons of respect from me for doing this, I haven't heard of a band doing this for most of a setlist. If only Maiden would do the same.

They will from me too IF they don't pick all the obvious songs from each disc.

Sepultura69
02-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Priest are now taking fan votes for favourite tracks from every album (including the Ripper ones) on their forum.

Wow, really??? That's fucking great news!! I'm actually blown away by how awesome this news is!!! Can you imagine the set, Rave???

Tyrant, Love Bites, Here come the tears, Night Crawler, Metal Melt down, Saints in Hell, Hell is Home, genocide, Let Us Prey/Call for the Priest,The Sentinel, Bloodsuckers, BETTER BY YOU BETTER THAN ME?!

Can you imagine how epic that would be?

Good god, it will be glorious :hecho::drool:

ravenheart
02-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Wow, really??? That's fucking great news!! I'm actually blown away by how awesome this news is!!! Can you imagine the set, Rave???

Tyrant, Love Bites, Here come the tears, Night Crawler, Metal Melt down, Saints in Hell, Hell is Home, genocide, Let Us Prey/Call for the Priest,The Sentinel, Bloodsuckers, BETTER BY YOU BETTER THAN ME?!

Can you imagine how epic that would be?

Good god, it will be glorious :hecho::drool:

No, I can't. And you know why? Because most fans are idiots and don't see a chance like this for what it. They'll happily vote for a set that looks like a label cash-in compilation. The highest voted songs will be Metal Gods, Breaking The Law, You Got Another Thing Comin', Painkiller etc.

Sepultura69
02-16-2011, 06:33 PM
No, I can't. And you know why? Because most fans are idiots and don't see a chance like this for what it. They'll happily vote for a set that looks like a label cash-in compilation. The highest voted songs will be Metal Gods, Breaking The Law, You Got Another Thing Comin', Painkiller etc.

Ah, I see :(

Onioner
02-16-2011, 11:58 PM
A similar thing happened with the most recent Kreator U.S. tour. They had the fans vote for the songs on their forum, and they pretty much voted for the most popular ones. Even the band themselves commented on how surprised they were at that outcome.

However, the fans did surprisingly vote for a couple real obscure songs high enough to have them play it. (The Pestilence and When the Sun Burns Red if anyone cares to know).

maidenpriest
02-17-2011, 12:11 AM
i ended up voting. i tried keeping it to the rare ones, but i did include a couple standards (victim, beyond the realms of death)

ravenheart
02-17-2011, 02:51 AM
i ended up voting. i tried keeping it to the rare ones, but i did include a couple standards (victim, beyond the realms of death)

Precisely what I did.

TonyD
02-17-2011, 11:43 AM
Here's my vote, I didn't even include anything from Turbo because... you know. Also didn't include any Ripper material because I really don't think they'll spend 2 of the last songs fans will ever see on it.
These aren't necessarilly my favorites, but what I want to hear based on what they've played since reuniting and what will translate best live for the way that they play now (vocal limitations, etc). Sounds like they're definitely doing Desert Plains, which is cool.

Never Satisfied - Rocka Rolla
Victim of Changes - Sad Wings
Starbreaker - Sin After Sin
Exciter - Stained Class
Delivering The Goods - Hell Bent For Leather
Rapid Fire - British Steel
Solar Angels - Point of Entry
Bloodstone - Screaming For Vengeance
Love Bites - Defenders of the Faith

Ram It Down - Ram It Down
A Touch Of Evil - Painkiller

Judas Rising - Angel of Retribution
Prophecy - Nostradamus

JLRedWing13
02-17-2011, 12:23 PM
I don't see why everyone is voting for Victim of Changes from Sad Wings when they played it on their last tour.....I want to hear Tyrant so much more.

Sepultura69
02-17-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't see why everyone is voting for Victim of Changes from Sad Wings when they played it on their last tour.....I want to hear Tyrant so much more.

this :fist:

TonyD
02-17-2011, 12:36 PM
I think Victim should be a staple more than You've Got Another Thing. I wouldn't mind hearing Tyrant but definitely not if it meant no Victim.

Indestructible
02-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Here's my vote of songs from each album.

I know how much everyone here loves to bitch about everything, youll notice some albums are missing, Why? you may ask. I dont know priest as well as some others do so...:fingers::fingers::fingers:

Sad Wings OF Destiny - The Ripper
Sin After Sin - Dissident Aggressor---Let us Pray/Call for the Priest
Staned Class- Beyond The Realms Of Death
Hell Bent For Leather - Before The Dwan
British Steel - Rapid Fire
Screaming for Vengance - Electric Eye
Ram It Down - Blood Red Skies
Painkiller - A Touch Of Evil
Jugulator - Jugulator
Demolition - Blood Suckers
Angel Of Retribution - Judas Rising

Sepultura69
02-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Here's my vote of songs from each album.

I know how much everyone here loves to bitch about everything, youll notice some albums are missing, Why? you may ask. I dont know priest as well as some others do so...:fingers::fingers::fingers:

Sad Wings OF Destiny - The Ripper
Sin After Sin - Dissident Aggressor---Let us Pray/Call for the Priest
Staned Class- Beyond The Realms Of Death
Hell Bent For Leather - Before The Dwan
British Steel - Rapid Fire
Screaming for Vengance - Electric Eye
Ram It Down - Blood Red Skies
Painkiller - A Touch Of Evil
Jugulator - Jugulator
Demolition - Blood Suckers
Angel Of Retribution - Judas Rising

So let me get this straight? You're only allowed to vote one song off each album? Meh, I'm a little disappointed if that's the case. I was hoping we could atleast vote for 2-3 songs and HOPEFULLY they would play 2-3 songs off each album....meh :bouville:

Onioner
02-17-2011, 02:43 PM
Never Satisfied - Rocka Rolla
Victim of Changes - Sad Wings
Starbreaker - Sin After Sin
Exciter - Stained Class
Delivering The Goods - Hell Bent For Leather
Rapid Fire - British Steel
Solar Angels - Point of Entry
Bloodstone - Screaming For Vengeance
Love Bites - Defenders of the Faith

Ram It Down - Ram It Down
A Touch Of Evil - Painkiller

Judas Rising - Angel of Retribution
Prophecy - Nostradamus

These. I doubt Never Satisfied will be played, it's kind of become a staple for the Halford band. Speaking of which, I saw them play that song last June and Rob nailed it (original key and all).

Am I the only one that notices that Halford play all the Priest songs in their original key while Priest themselves tune down? On the Ozzy tour, I saw YouTube footage of Halford playing Diamonds and Rust, the Green Manalishi and Jawbreaker in their original keys, and dude sounded spot on. Why doesn't Priest play in their original keys if Rob can obviously handle it?

P.S. Holy shit, another Priest fan that knows Starbreaker!!:party:

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 08:02 AM
Necro'ing this thread to express my disappointment at how A TOUCH OF EVIL ISN'T ON THE SET FOR THIS TOUR

BloodoftheKings
01-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Necro'ing this thread to express my disappointment at how A TOUCH OF EVIL ISN'T ON THE SET FOR THIS TOUR

I don't really care, that's the weakest track on Painkiller imo.

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't really care, that's the weakest track on Painkiller imo.

http://s1.static.gotsmile.net/images/2012/01/06/f7807a21-cant-tell-stupid-trolling_132580428869.jpg

also: why not just cut out Breaking the Law? Seeing as how everyone who's heard it already probably doesn't care much about hearing it again (least of all without vocals) and the ones who haven't yet will be most likely disappointed that Halford sits out during the song, why keep it in the set?

BloodoftheKings
01-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Painkiller
Hell Patrol
All Guns Blazing
Leather Rebel
Metal Meltdown
Night Crawler
Between the Hammer & the Anvil
One Shot at Glory

Not that Touch of Evil is a bad song but all of these songs are superior.

Steev
01-17-2012, 08:12 AM

agreed, amazing song, Richie Faulkner actually posted on FB yesterday about how much he loves it

metallicbrian666
01-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Painkiller
Hell Patrol
All Guns Blazing
Leather Rebel
Metal Meltdown
Night Crawler
One Shot at Glory

I agree completely. I even like the bonus track for the remaster Living Bad Dreams better.

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Painkiller
Hell Patrol
All Guns Blazing
Leather Rebel
Metal Meltdown
Night Crawler
One Shot at Glory

All but the last two are about as good, but I'd still love to hear A Touch of Evil over an instrumental version of Breaking the Law.

BloodoftheKings
01-17-2012, 08:16 AM
All but the last two are about as good, but I'd still love to hear A Touch of Evil over an instrumental version of Breaking the Law.

One Shot at Glory is the best song on the album n00b.

brutal_descent
01-17-2012, 08:18 AM
One Shot at Glory is the best song on the album n00b.

http://emotibot.net/pix/1694.jpg

Having to use this way too much on here lately, maybe I should leave too ;)

girnny777
01-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Between The Hammer And The Anvil is the best song on the album n00b.

FTFY