The last few:

27 - Hail of Bullets - On Divine Winds
26 - Forbidden - Omega Wave
25 - Krokus - Hoodoo
24 - Airbourne - No Guts, No Glory
23 - Soilwork - The Panic Broadcast

DethMaiden
12-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Pretty awful list so far. That Hail of Bullets falls way shy of their last one and the EP, and the others, you've gotta be kidding me.

ShatteredFlame
12-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Twilight record was decent. Step above how atrocious the first album was.

ravenheart
12-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Pretty awful list so far. That Hail of Bullets falls way shy of their last one and the EP, and the others, you've gotta be kidding me.

Nothing wrong with Forbidden.

The rest, yeah, lame.

mankvill
12-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Heard a bit of that Twilight record. Pretty good stuff.

MPF
12-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Heard 5 albums on that list. Not too bad actually.

Spiral_Slave
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Soilwork...I thought The Panic Broadcast was too hit-or-miss. Although it has some fantastic songs on it, the good songs are outnumbered by the "meh" songs in my opinion.

Also I second the opinion that there's nothing wrong with Forbidden on that list, Omega Wave is pretty killer.

xStructualDefect
12-08-2010, 06:40 PM
the Soilwork album is pretty good in my opinion. could care less about the others.

El Gordo
12-08-2010, 07:04 PM

Brave Words is a pretty awful publication. What do you expect?

ravenheart
12-09-2010, 10:54 AM
22 - Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones

zgodt
12-09-2010, 11:08 AM

This is high on lots of lists, and didn't MPF call it the most extreme metal album ever made, or something? I don't get it. I listened to four or five songs off it and they just seemed silly and boring.

MPF
12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
This is high on lots of lists, and didn't MPF call it the most extreme metal album ever made, or something? I don't get it. I listened to four or five songs off it and they just seemed silly and boring.

Being a long time Celtic Frost fan, and where Monotheist left off. Triptykon carried on. Yeah I did call it one of the BEST extreme albums ever made. I still stand by that statement.

JRA
12-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Being a long time Celtic Frost fan, and where Monotheist left off. Triptykon carried on. Yeah I did call it one of the BEST extreme albums ever made. I still stand by that statement.

You emphasized the wrong word.

jhdeity
12-11-2010, 09:18 AM

Like I mentioned I was never a big CF fan but that is an incredible album start to finish to me. The Shatter EP is like the cherry on top.

I can't picture 21 albums better than that one but we'll see what they come up with...

ravenheart
12-11-2010, 10:27 AM
21 - Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons

jhdeity
12-11-2010, 12:28 PM
21 - Darkthrone - Circle The Wagons

I have to admit I like the new Darkthrone in a 1987 kinda way. To rate it over Triptykon is laughable though...

ravenheart
12-12-2010, 11:05 AM
20 - Nevermore - The Obsidian Conspiracy

MPF
12-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Wow, I really pictured Nevermore to be higher up.

ravenheart
12-12-2010, 02:08 PM
Hard to think of 19 albums they're going to vote higher...

Where do we think the Maiden album will end up?

jhdeity
12-12-2010, 02:29 PM
Hard to think of 19 albums they're going to vote higher...

Where do we think the Maiden album will end up?

I'm thinking they're going to have Zombie, Soulfly, Bleeding Through, Sevendust & Ozzy type bands up there. Bands who would never even sniff the Top 10 on here.

Personally I think Maiden is going to be overrated everywhere. It's a good album but better than Nevermore or Triptykon?

DethMaiden
12-12-2010, 02:36 PM
It's a good album but better than Nevermore or Triptykon?

Is this a question? Because yes it is. ;)

jhdeity
12-12-2010, 02:47 PM

I currently have Triptykon at 5, Nevermore at 15 and Maiden at 19. I'm sure all 3 have a great shot to make the Top 10 list on here but I'm guessing in the order of Triptykon, Maiden then Nevermore. We'll see.

jhdeity
12-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I currently have Triptykon at 5, Nevermore at 15 and Maiden at 19. I'm sure all 3 have a great shot to make the Top 10 list on here but I'm guessing in the order of Triptykon, Maiden then Nevermore. We'll see.

Actually you can bump nevermore and maiden both down 1 spot. Bison BC just jumped from 20 to 10. What an incredible cd!

ravenheart
12-13-2010, 07:45 AM

Lies ;)

street_burial
12-13-2010, 08:31 AM
i put soilworks new album #1 on my list. i loved every minute of it especially the bonus track 'sweet demise'

zgodt
12-13-2010, 09:03 AM

Not much of an endorsement of Trypticon or Nevermore, then.

DethMaiden
12-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Sorry, I'm not part of the fashionable movement that everyone seems to have joined in the past four years. I really like the new Iron Maiden, and I'm not sure how people exist who like the three that came before it but think the new one sucks.

IrritatedTrout
12-13-2010, 09:56 AM
I could see liking BNW and not liking this one but if you like AMOLAD and DOD and say The Final Frontier sucks then that just doesn't make much sense.

zgodt
12-13-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't know. For me the previous two albums were full of surprises. I didn't love everything, but I loved enough. Maybe they're too settled into their new sound, or maybe I'm too used to it. The new songs don't have as much life, for me. It's not that the album sucks; it just doesn't shine.

If this is a dead horse I'm beating, I apologize. I didn't know I was being "fashionable." Most folks here at metalsetlists appear quite fond of the new album.

The_jman
12-13-2010, 10:21 AM
Sorry, I'm not part of the fashionable movement that everyone seems to have joined in the past four years. I really like the new Iron Maiden, and I'm not sure how people exist who like the three that came before it but think the new one sucks.
this. in many ways its similar to the other three, yet each has its own style.

jhdeity
12-13-2010, 10:48 AM
i put soilworks new album #1 on my list. i loved every minute of it especially the bonus track 'sweet demise'

I respect the pick and can see why people like this cd. I really like Sweet Demise too but the cd has a real Five Finger Death punch vibe at times to me and that's not a good thing. If it wasn't for that it would be in my Top 10. Still a solid cd and definitely better than Maiden...

The_jman
12-13-2010, 11:17 AM
I respect the pick and can see why people like this cd. I really like Sweet Demise too but the cd has a real Five Finger Death punch vibe at times to me and that's not a good thing. If it wasn't for that it would be in my Top 10. Still a solid cd and definitely better than Maiden...
this is my number 1 album as well. I don't get a ffdp vibe from it... however I like ffdp so maybe I don't see it... maybe a trivium vibe at certain moments. I could give you that one.
but I don't really see the ffdp vibe, unless you mean the singy parts, I don't think there's anything wrong with the clean vocals on this records, or ffdp's either quite frankly.

jhdeity
12-13-2010, 01:59 PM
this is my number 1 album as well. I don't get a ffdp vibe from it... however I like ffdp so maybe I don't see it... maybe a trivium vibe at certain moments. I could give you that one.
but I don't really see the ffdp vibe, unless you mean the singy parts, I don't think there's anything wrong with the clean vocals on this records, or ffdp's either quite frankly.

I prefer their heavier songs and don't have a problem with the clean vocals but they do sound like FFDP at times vocally on songs like Night Comes Clean, Let This River Flow and Sweet Demise. I still like the cd though. I finally got to see them headline a live show and they didn't blow me away like I thought they would. I had seem them open twice and was thinking they would kill it but maybe my expectations were too high. Playing after Death Angel didn't help either. DA brought their A game that night.

jhdeity
12-13-2010, 02:05 PM

It looks like it's way more fashionable to vote Maiden on your Top 10 list even though it doesn't belong and I haven't heard 1 person say it "sucked"

It's just overrated because it's Maiden and 25 people on here have Maiden in their screenname and have to represent. hahahahahahahaha

The_jman
12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I prefer their heavier songs and don't have a problem with the clean vocals but they do sound like FFDP at times vocally on songs like Night Comes Clean, Let This River Flow and Sweet Demise. I still like the cd though. I finally got to see them headline a live show and they didn't blow me away like I thought they would. I had seem them open twice and was thinking they would kill it but maybe my expectations were too high. Playing after Death Angel didn't help either. DA brought their A game that night.
I still can't see ffdp, his voice is just too different,. but hey.

It is a great record.

I would love to see soilwork play live, although from every indication by youtube, speed's voice live is very hit or miss... he's fantastic on record IMO.

IrritatedTrout
12-13-2010, 02:42 PM
It looks like it's way more fashionable to vote Maiden on your Top 10 list even though it doesn't belong and I haven't heard 1 person say it "sucked"

It's just overrated because it's Maiden and 25 people on here have Maiden in their screenname and have to represent. hahahahahahahaha

Or because, you know, it really is one of the best albums of this year. Much better than a certain band that made me want to throw up this past September at the Patriot Center. :finger2:;)

jhdeity
12-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Or because, you know, it really is one of the best albums of this year. Much better than a certain band that made me want to throw up this past September at the Patriot Center. :finger2:;)

hahahaha. I thought they were incredible that night. To each his own though. I was just bustin' balls.

Maiden is still the most overrated cd of 2010 hands down though. It's the Endgame of 2010... hahahaha

ravenheart
12-13-2010, 02:53 PM
You'll all love this one:

19 - Fozzy - Chasing The Grail

The_jman
12-13-2010, 02:55 PM
hahahaha. I thought they were incredible that night. To each his own though. I was just bustin' balls.

Maiden is still the most overrated cd of 2010 hands down though. It's the Endgame of 2010... hahahaha
I thought it was good.

jhdeity
12-13-2010, 03:08 PM
You'll all love this one:

19 - Fozzy - Chasing The Grail

Buahahahahaha. Now THAT is some funny shit

ravenheart
12-13-2010, 03:09 PM
It's a really good album if you're a fan, which I am, but there's no way it's top 20 material.

jhdeity
12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
It's a really good album if you're a fan, which I am, but there's no way it's top 20 material.

Yeah I downloaded it just to check it out a few months ago. I don't hate it but lyrically it's way too predictable and corny at times. Top 100 maybe

DethMaiden
12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't think I can separate what an album "truly" is worth from how much I personally like it, if that's coming into the Maiden debate. Yes, they're my favorite band, and I fucking love them, so an album that sounds like an Iron Maiden album, naturally I'm going to enjoy. The Final Frontier is only like my 10th or 11th favorite Maiden album but it still made my top ten, but that's because it had the things that make Iron Maiden Iron Maiden. I don't think that's a crime.

ravenheart
12-13-2010, 03:17 PM
I don't think I can separate what an album "truly" is worth from how much I personally like it, if that's coming into the Maiden debate. Yes, they're my favorite band, and I fucking love them, so an album that sounds like an Iron Maiden album, naturally I'm going to enjoy. The Final Frontier is only like my 10th or 11th favorite Maiden album but it still made my top ten, but that's because it had the things that make Iron Maiden Iron Maiden. I don't think that's a crime.

:fanboi:

ravenheart
12-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah I downloaded it just to check it out a few months ago. I don't hate it but lyrically it's way too predictable and corny at times. Top 100 maybe

Totally. It's got some of their best songs on it. 'Martyr No More', 'God Pounds His Nails' and 'Let The Madness Begin' are awesome. Conversely, 'Broken Soul' is fucking awful.

jhdeity
12-13-2010, 03:46 PM
Totally. It's got some of their best songs on it. 'Martyr No More', 'God Pounds His Nails' and 'Let The Madness Begin' are awesome. Conversely, 'Broken Soul' is fucking awful.

Exactly. Some of those riffs are really good. Even a song like Pray for Blood starts out so bad then kicks in and is heavy as hell.

Maiden33
12-13-2010, 06:12 PM

I have this basic argument with a friend of mine all the time, usually about Maiden, but sometimes other bands. He has absolutely no "brand loyalty", so to speak. Which I guess you can say is possibly a good thing, but he doesn't believe in the concept of: "I love this band, so even if they release an album that sounds like them and what I love about them, if it doesn't reinvent the wheel, I can still love it".

xStructualDefect
12-13-2010, 06:28 PM
This is high on lots of lists I don't get it. I listened to four or five songs off it and they just seemed silly and boring.

this. i tried getting into it but i got really bored fast. then again i was never into that style of metal to begin with.

zgodt
12-13-2010, 06:39 PM

Did anyone call for your arrest? :eyes: ;)

idrinkwine732
12-13-2010, 08:01 PM
This list is going to get a lot worse.

ChildrenofSodom
12-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I haven't made my list yet, and probably won't til the day before its due...but Maiden will not be on it. Its "Iron Maiden", so its good, but I can't say I've ever had the urge to listen to it. It didn't click on the first few listens, and there isn't a point in trying...there are so many other bands out there to check out (like King of Asgard and Allegaeon :D)

ravenheart
12-14-2010, 07:35 AM
18 - Exodus - Exhibit B: The Human Condition

I approve.

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Sorry, I'm not part of the fashionable movement that everyone seems to have joined in the past four years. I really like the new Metallica, and I'm not sure how people exist who like the three that came before it but think the new one sucks.Fixed.

DethMaiden
12-14-2010, 07:51 AM
Fixed.

You don't understand how it's possible to like Death Magnetic but not St. Anger, Load, and Re-Load? :eyes:

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 07:59 AM
You don't understand how it's possible to like Death Magnetic but not St. Anger, Load, and Re-Load? :eyes:

Read your own quote again. I don't understand how people like the three that came before it but think the new one sucks.

DethMaiden
12-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Read your own quote again. I don't understand how people like the three that came before it but think the new one sucks.

Oh, well, they can, because their taste in music obviously sucks. ;)

The_jman
12-14-2010, 11:46 AM
there are people out there that like load reload and st. anger, but don't like DM?
wait, there are people who like St. Anger?

jhdeity
12-14-2010, 11:59 AM
there are people out there that like load reload and st. anger, but don't like DM?
wait, there are people who like St. Anger?

hahahaha. well said. I like 2 songs off each of those cd's and every song except 2 off DM so I guess I'm one of those people. Bleeding Me is my favorite song off any of the 3 mentioned and that would be the 4th or 5th best song on DM to me.

mankvill
12-14-2010, 12:51 PM
Death Magnetic
Load
St. Anger
ReLoad

yeah, i said it

ravenheart
12-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Death Magnetic
Load
St. Anger
ReLoad

yeah, i said it

This.

El Gordo
12-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Death Magnetic
Load
St. Anger
ReLoad

yeah, i said it

Please. St. Anger is better than precisely 0 Metallica albums. ReLoad is no masterpiece but St. Anger is among the worst albums ever made.

zgodt
12-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Please. St. Anger is better than precisely 0 Metallica albums. ReLoad is no masterpiece but St. Anger is among the worst albums ever made.

If every song was 2-3 minutes shorter, I would actually like St. Anger.

Natrlhi
12-14-2010, 07:42 PM
This.

Seconded. You could even switch St. Anger and Load and I wouldn't really put up a fuss.

jhdeity
12-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Seconded. You could even switch St. Anger and Load and I wouldn't really put up a fuss.

Thirdeded. hahaha I would have Load a solid 2nd though but re-load annoys the shit our of and would be my least favorite Metallica cd overall

ravenheart
12-15-2010, 11:23 AM
17 - Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery

jhdeity
12-15-2010, 02:12 PM
17 - Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice. Should be higher though. Gets better with every listen...

JLRedWing13
12-15-2010, 04:06 PM
18 - Exodus - Exhibit B: The Human Condition

I approve.
I definitely hope that's not the highest thrash album on the list.

JRA
12-16-2010, 09:12 AM
I definitely hope that's not the highest thrash album on the list.

Worry not

16 - Armored Saint - La Raza

ravenheart
12-17-2010, 11:24 AM
15 - Blind Guardian - At The Edge of Time

MPF
12-17-2010, 12:18 PM
15 - Blind Guardian - At The Edge of Time

I really wasn't even expecting this one to be on the list, so I can't complain about it's ranking.

ravenheart
12-17-2010, 01:25 PM
I really wasn't even expecting this one to be on the list, so I can't complain about it's ranking.

Oh I was, they've been supporting it ever since it came out. If you read the site a lot it's easy to see which bands they support more than the others.

ravenheart
12-18-2010, 10:14 AM
14 - Gamma Ray - To The Metal

JRA
12-18-2010, 11:53 AM
14 - Gamma Ray - To The Metal

Huh.

Akumu
12-18-2010, 11:59 AM

I'm surprised it's not higher, tbh.

The_jman
12-19-2010, 11:33 AM
Blind guardian needs to be higher.

ravenheart
12-19-2010, 12:08 PM
Here's another one you'll all love:

13 - Murderdolls - Women And Children Last

Expect to see one or two more Roadrunner relases in the top 10. It's how you keep labels like that on your side.

JRA
12-19-2010, 12:55 PM

Expect to see one or two more Roadrunner relases in the top 10. It's how you keep labels like that on your side.

Yea but couldn't they at least have picked good Roadrunner releases?

The_jman
12-19-2010, 01:16 PM

There's no way in hell this is better than Blind Guardian, just to pick one release off the higher numbers...

DethMaiden
12-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Yea but couldn't they at least have picked good Roadrunner releases?

These exist?

Natrlhi
12-20-2010, 07:13 AM
These exist?

I'm calling Opeth and telling them that you said that Ghost Reveries and Watershed sucked.

EDIT: Then I'm calling Dream Theater and Megadeth and telling them that you thought Black Clouds and Silver Linings and Endgame sucked as well.

zgodt
12-20-2010, 07:18 AM
I'm calling Opeth and telling them that you said that Ghost Reveries and Watershed sucked.

EDIT: Then I'm calling Dream Theater and Megadeth and telling them that you thought Black Clouds and Silver Linings and Endgame sucked as well.

You have a point about Ghost Reveries, at least.

Natrlhi
12-20-2010, 07:22 AM
You have a point about Ghost Reveries, at least.
:lol: I'm not even an Opeth fan, I just like pointing out when B-Rad fucks up. It's a pseudo-hobby of mine. ;)

DethMaiden
12-20-2010, 07:44 AM
I meant in 2010, duh.

Ghost Reveries is waaaaaaay better than Watershed, dorks.

The_jman
12-20-2010, 07:44 AM
How much worse is this list going to get?

ravenheart
12-20-2010, 08:36 AM
How much worse is this list going to get?

12 - Ratt - Infestation

You had to ask ;)

JLRedWing13
12-20-2010, 09:24 AM
These exist?
Endgame would like a word with you.

zgodt
12-20-2010, 12:47 PM
I meant in 2010, duh.

Ghost Reveries is waaaaaaay better than Watershed, dorks.

Agreed. I meant it was the one he mentioned that doesn't suck. I guess the syntax got a little confused in the exchange.

I mean, Watershed doesn't suck either, except when compared to other Opeth albums.

xStructualDefect
12-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Agreed. I meant it was the one he mentioned that doesn't suck. I guess the syntax got a little confused in the exchange.

I mean, Watershed doesn't suck either, except when compared to other Opeth albums.

Watershed is actually my third favorite behind Ghost Reveries and Blackwater Park.

JRA
12-20-2010, 03:03 PM
12 - Ratt - Infestation

You had to ask ;)

Are you kidding me? That's an improvement. Compared to MD anyway.

ravenheart
12-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Endgame would like a word with you.

A word of agreement, presumably.

ravenheart
12-21-2010, 11:36 AM
11 - Black Label Society - Order of The Black

idrinkwine732
12-21-2010, 11:37 AM
:rolleyes:

I remember BW&BK's list being okay last year...

ravenheart
12-22-2010, 07:52 AM
10 - Kylesa - Spiral Shadow

Natrlhi
12-22-2010, 12:34 PM
10 - Kylesa - Spiral Shadow

:party: :rocker: :party:

ravenheart
12-24-2010, 01:49 AM
9 - Fear Factory - Mechanize

jhdeity
12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
9 - Fear Factory - Mechanize

Belongs in the Top 3 but Top 10 is at least admirable.

ravenheart
12-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Wouldn't get near my top 50...

ravenheart
12-24-2010, 11:41 AM
8 - Ihsahn - After

jhdeity
12-24-2010, 03:05 PM
8 - Ihsahn - After

2 of my Top 10 back to back. Just curious were you ever a FF fan and just don't like the new one? Demanufacture is one of my Top 10 of all time and this as close as they've come to that in my not-so-humble opinion.

ravenheart
12-24-2010, 05:00 PM
2 of my Top 10 back to back. Just curious were you ever a FF fan and just don't like the new one? Demanufacture is one of my Top 10 of all time and this as close as they've come to that in my not-so-humble opinion.

Yep. Liked them before, and found Mechanize to be incredibly boring. Summed up entirely by the shitty 90-second instrumental. The whole album just sounded like that on repeat.

jhdeity
12-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep. Liked them before, and found Mechanize to be incredibly boring. Summed up entirely by the shitty 90-second instrumental. The whole album just sounded like that on repeat.

Yeah I only found 2 or 3 songs that sounded alike but we had that discussion before. Christploitation is my favorite song of theirs since Smasher/Devourer and if I were to make a 2010 FF compilation cd at least 4 songs maybe 5 would come from Mechanize. Thinking about it I might just make 1 for myself for xmas. hahaha

ravenheart
12-25-2010, 09:48 AM
7 - The Dillinger Escape Plan - Option Paralysis

mastodon421
12-25-2010, 10:11 AM

That's more like it!

jhdeity
12-25-2010, 01:23 PM

3 in a row of my Top 10. Maybe these guys know something. If they have half of my Top 10 I'll be forced to start checking their site.

JRA
12-26-2010, 11:25 AM
#6 Final Cuntier

DethMaiden
12-26-2010, 12:26 PM
#6 Final Cuntier

Can you not be a ten-year-old for five fucking seconds? No one thinks you're funny.

jhdeity
12-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Can you not be a ten-year-old for five fucking seconds? No one thinks you're funny.

It's kinda funny. More importantly it's an EPIC FAIL of a pick especially over the last 3.

JRA
12-26-2010, 01:19 PM

Shut up.

ravenheart
12-26-2010, 01:26 PM

This.

Shut up.

Touche:tp:

El Gordo
12-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Oh come on, I thought it was funny...

IrritatedTrout
12-26-2010, 01:43 PM
It's kinda funny. More importantly it's an EPIC FAIL of a pick especially over the last 3.

u mad bro?

jhdeity
12-26-2010, 01:46 PM
u mad bro?

hahahaha You Homer Bro? Did you read the write-up on the site? They basically say the office was totally split and that it's a total homer pick.

Sound familiar? buahahahahaha

DethMaiden
12-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Shut up.

Couldn't find room for a painfully blunt scatological joke, sex-related swear word, or decade-old pop culture reference in your rebuttal?

jhdeity
12-26-2010, 02:16 PM
I kinda like that site actually. The embedded ads are obnoxious but some interesting reading there. Anyone care to speculate on their Top 5?

Brave Picks Top 30 Of 2010
#30 - STONE SOUR: Audio Secrecy (Roadrunner)
#29 - APOCALYPTICA - 7th Symphony (Sony)
#28 - TWILIGHT: Monument To Time End (Southern Lord)
#27 - HAIL OF BULLETS - On Divine Winds (Metal Blade)
#26 - FORBIDDEN - Omega Wave (Nuclear Blast)
#25 - KROKUS - Hoodoo (Columbia)
#24 - AIRBOURNE - No Guts. No Glory. (Roadrunner)
#23 - SOILWORK - The Panic Broadcast (Nuclear Blast)
#22 - TRIPTYKON - Eparistera Daimones (Century Media)
#21 - DARKTHRONE - Circle The Wagons (Peaceville)
#20 - NEVERMORE - The Obsidian Conspiracy (Century Media)
#19 - FOZZY - Chasing The Grail (Riot)
#18 - EXODUS - Exhibit B: The Human Condition (Nuclear Blast)
#17 - MISERY INDEX - Heirs To Thievery (Relapse)
#16 - ARMORED SAINT - La Raza (Metal Blade)
#15 - BLIND GUARDIAN - At The Edge Of Time (Nuclear Blast)
#14 - GAMMA RAY - To The Metal (earMusic)
#13 - MURDERDOLLS - Women And Children Last (Roadrunner)
#12 - RATT - Infestation (Loud & Proud/Roadrunner)
#11 - BLACK LABEL SOCIETY - Order Of The Black (E1)
#10 - KYLESA - Spiral Shadow (Season Of Mist)
#9 - FEAR FACTORY - Mechanize (Candlelight)
#8 - IHSAHN - After (Candlelight)
#7 - DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN - Option Paralysis (Party Smasher)
#6 - IRON MAIDEN - The Final Frontier (EMI)

DethMaiden
12-26-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm gonna guess none of my top 5 (Ludicra, Alcest, Atheist, Blind Guardian, Watain) sniffs their top 5.

I really thought my favorite shit this year was more popular than it apparently is. :lol:

idrinkwine732
12-26-2010, 02:41 PM
I bet Agalloch is 1.

IrritatedTrout
12-26-2010, 02:45 PM
I bet Agalloch is 1.

I'd bet on that too.

mastodon421
12-26-2010, 03:49 PM
I am going to guess their top 5 is Agalloch,Overkill,Watain,The Sword and Deftones.

jhdeity
12-26-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm new to the site but I'm guessing:

5) The Sword, Agalloch or Athiest

4) High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine

3) As I Lay Dying - The Powerless Rise

2) Overkill - Ironbound

1) Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Possible shockers: Accept, Avantasia, Death Angel or Mutiny Within

JRA
12-26-2010, 04:59 PM
Couldn't find room for a painfully blunt scatological joke, sex-related swear word, or decade-old pop culture reference in your rebuttal?

No just telling you to get off your self-righteous fanboy high horse and shut your fucking mouth. Also, dry humor is for fags.

ravenheart
12-26-2010, 05:28 PM

Nah, he just didn't know what "touche" meant ;)

ravenheart
12-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Also, dry humor is for fags.

And people who are actually funny.

JRA
12-26-2010, 05:55 PM
And people who are actually funny.

Yes because dry humor was what filled up stadiums for Carlin over the years.

JRA
12-27-2010, 11:05 AM
NACHTMYSTIUM - Addicts: Black Meddle, Part II

jhdeity
12-27-2010, 04:25 PM
NACHTMYSTIUM - Addicts: Black Meddle, Part II

Interesting choice. I had a musical revelation while listening to No Funeral on this cd. I was going to include it in a earlier post I made but didn't think this cd had a chance to crack our overall Top 10 so I left it out. I can see why people like the cd overall but I prefer their older, heavier tracks to the new rock influenced simplified stuff personally. Top 5? It would have a hard time making my Top 5 Nachtmystium albums I think

idrinkwine732
12-27-2010, 05:03 PM
It would have a hard time making my Top 5 Nachtmystium albums I think

...aren't there only five?

jhdeity
12-27-2010, 07:51 PM
...aren't there only five?

The Eulogy IV EP would definitely be in my Top 3. The Worldfall EP is decent also. But technically it would be my least favorite of their 5 major releases I think. I listened to a few more tracks since posting that and I don't get the new direction of the last 2 cd's at all. I prefer Bones and Pitch Black Cadence off the recent Doomsday Derelicts over anything on A: BM II personally. The music and vocals just fit better to me.

DethMaiden
12-27-2010, 07:54 PM
1. Instinct: Decay

--
others

jhdeity
12-27-2010, 08:33 PM
1. Instinct: Decay

I can buy that. I'd put Reign of the Malicious with the 1st EP a solid 2nd with 3rd being a tough call between Demise and Eulogy IV.

DethMaiden
12-27-2010, 08:42 PM
I've got no hate for anything pre-Assassins, but they've really lost me since then.

I feel like they peaked on Instinct, mixing juuuuust a little bit of experimentation with classic USBM, but they're off the deep end now.

ShatteredFlame
12-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Addicts was a disappointment. The only track worth while on there is "Every Last Drop", which just sucks the life out of you. Both them and Ihsahn I feel like they are getting too experimental for their own good.

MPF
12-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Addicts was a disappointment. The only track worth while on there is "Every Last Drop", which just sucks the life out of you. Both them and Ihsahn I feel like they are getting too experimental for their own good.

No

Natrlhi
12-27-2010, 10:33 PM
NoCorrect. (http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2010/nachtmystium-addicts-black-meddle-pt-ii/)

ravenheart
12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Correct. (http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2010/nachtmystium-addicts-black-meddle-pt-ii/)

Shameless self-promotion!

Oh, wait... ;)

ravenheart
12-28-2010, 12:32 PM
4 - Grand Magus - Hammer of The North

Oh look, another Roadrunner release.

jhdeity
12-29-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm seriously holding out hope for High on Fire, Overkill & Deftones. That last one really came out of left field.

ravenheart
12-29-2010, 07:08 AM
Well you get one of them.

3 - Overkill - Ironbound

Grand Magus isn't so left field if you know BW&BK. They like to have Roadrunner in their pocket.

jhdeity
12-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Well you get one of them.

3 - Overkill - Ironbound

Grand Magus isn't so left field if you know BW&BK. They like to have Roadrunner in their pocket.

I thought I liked Grand Magus more than the average person and didn't expect anyone to have them that high. I guess they've earned it. It's a solid cd.

Overkill has definitely earned it. My favorite cd of theirs since The Years of Decay

JRA
12-29-2010, 02:19 PM
I really hope neither is the Deftones. They are just awful.

IrritatedTrout
12-29-2010, 02:29 PM
I really hope neither is the Deftones. They are just awful.

They are, and given the nature of this list so far I'd be shocked if Deftones was on it.

JRA
12-29-2010, 03:24 PM
and for the sake of OCD superstition, yay for Overkill.

jhdeity
12-29-2010, 03:55 PM
They are, and given the nature of this list so far I'd be shocked if Deftones was on it.

You can't have Airbourne, Ratt & Fozzy and not have Deftones though. That makes zero sense to me. Think about it. They also shouldn't have Kylesa 10th and totally ignore High on Fire. Seems like the 2 most logical picks to me and definitely 2 of the 5 best cd's I heard in 2010. Just sayin'

Who knows maybe they only heard 25 and think Taylor Swift was Top 2...

JRA
12-29-2010, 04:00 PM
You can't have Airbourne, Ratt & Fozzy and not have Deftones though.

As much as this makes my blood boil, it's true.

street_burial
12-29-2010, 04:17 PM
3 - Overkill - Ironbound

i dont get whats so great about them. I've listened to the album around 3 times, plus 1 or 2 of their previous ones and I just dont see why people like them so much.

jhdeity
12-29-2010, 04:37 PM
i dont get whats so great about them. I've listened to the album around 3 times, plus 1 or 2 of their previous ones and I just dont see why people like them so much.

They're old school thrash man. Check out Deny The Cross, Evil Never Dies & my personal favorite Skullkrusher. They do really fast and really slow really well. One of the best live thrash bands you'll ever see. They give 100% every show and wreck shit.

IrritatedTrout
12-29-2010, 04:58 PM
You can't have Airbourne, Ratt & Fozzy and not have Deftones though. That makes zero sense to me. Think about it. They also shouldn't have Kylesa 10th and totally ignore High on Fire. Seems like the 2 most logical picks to me and definitely 2 of the 5 best cd's I heard in 2010. Just sayin'

Who knows maybe they only heard 25 and think Taylor Swift was Top 2...

What the fuck does Ratt have in common with Deftones? Also, u mad again bro?

ShatteredFlame
12-29-2010, 05:33 PM

A lot of thrash fans won't listen to anything new so they overrate anything an oldschool band puts out.

But "Horrorscope" and "The Years of Decay" are pretty great albums.

jhdeity
12-29-2010, 06:03 PM
What the fuck does Ratt have in common with Deftones? Also, u mad again bro?

Acutally I've been laughing all day. Someone actually rated Taylor Swift over some great metal music. Said person should be ashamed so mad, no way Bro. You saw Deftones live and hated them. I saw Taylor Swift on tv and thought she wrote the worst, whiny 12 year old lyrics I've ever heard. To each his own. I'm shocked any guy would buy that cd for any reason but I gotta respect the balls to put it out there I guess.

My point was understood by most people I think. If the music was all really heavy stuff I wouldn't expect to see Deftones. Poeple who voted for that style of music would at least have to respect Deftones and the genius of that cd IMO. If not I'd be shocked, that's all. I've heard all of those cd's...

idrinkwine732
12-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Acutally I've been laughing all day. Someone actually rated Taylor Swift over some great metal music. Said person should be ashamed so mad, no way Bro. You saw Deftones live and hated them. I saw Taylor Swift on tv and thought she wrote the worst, whiny 12 year old lyrics I've ever heard. To each his own. I'm shocked any guy would buy that cd for any reason but I gotta respect the balls to put it out there I guess.

http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/mad_men_cd_cover_325x325.jpg

IrritatedTrout
12-29-2010, 06:35 PM
^:lol:

I rated Taylor over a lot of what I've been told are good releases year. That's only because the style of a lot of those releases doesn't interest me. To clarify, let's use the new Enslaved, Watain, Triptykon, and Atheist. I haven't listened to any of those because their style doesn't hold my interest even though it did a couple of years ago. Despite that, I'm sure they're all much "better" than TS. I just don't have a want to listen to death/black metal like I used to therefore I can't put them on my top 10 because while they might be strong albums to most, I simply don't enjoy them although I do respect them.

But yes, I hated Deftones. I went with four other rock fans of various ages (like 15 to 50) who each have a different range of favorite bands and preferred styles. Each of us thought the Deftones were a joke. My best friend even went in liking a few Deftones songs and came out hating the band. From what I've heard Diamond Eyes is their best release so far but it's still a turd.

Also, TV performances are always bad. But I don't know what she sounds like out of the studio so it may just be that she sucks in any live setting. Quite possible.

JRA
12-29-2010, 07:02 PM
http://blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/mad_men_cd_cover_325x325.jpg

:lol: I'm not sure why you think jh is "mad," but this is still funny.

IrritatedTrout
12-29-2010, 07:11 PM
I think year end lists make everyone "mad".:lol:

El Gordo
12-29-2010, 07:57 PM

If you don't like Ironbound, then you just don't like thrash. Seriously, it's that simple... and the 2 albums that came before were incredibly mediocre.

idrinkwine732
12-29-2010, 08:37 PM
:lol: I'm not sure why you think jh is "mad," but this is still funny.

90% of the time...

"lol bro I'm not mad, I'm actually laughing really hard right now" is the exact same as "I AM SO FUCKING PISSED."

treghet
12-29-2010, 08:47 PM
90% of the time...

"lol bro I'm not mad, I'm actually laughing really hard right now" is the exact same as "I AM SO FUCKING PISSED."

Yep.

larvtard
12-29-2010, 08:51 PM
If you don't like Ironbound, then you just don't like thrash. Seriously, it's that simple...

That simple, huh?

MPF
12-29-2010, 08:58 PM
That simple, huh?

Actually...yeah

Natrlhi
12-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Actually...yeahActually, no. I like thrash a lot. I was a young show-goer when thrash first fucking came out. I've never cared for Overkill that much. Never hated them, but never loved them.

Theory failed. Move on.

larvtard
12-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Actually, no. I like thrash a lot. I was a young show-goer when thrash first fucking came out. I've never cared for Overkill that much. Never hated them, but never loved them.

Theory failed. Move on.

:fist:

MPF
12-29-2010, 10:03 PM
You guys are missing out, but alright.

ravenheart
12-30-2010, 02:29 AM
I just dont see why people like them so much.

Then you fail. Not liking a band is one thing. And perfectly acceptable. Not seeing why other people like them when they're clearly very good and very successful, is a failure of judgement.

JRA
12-30-2010, 06:53 AM
Overkill rules because its Jabba the Hutt's court jester given a microphone and thrown into a band whose is sound is that of Tazmanian devil with massive bricks surrounding the spin cloud.

ravenheart
12-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Overkill rules because its Jabba the Hutt's court jester given a microphone and thrown into a band whose is sound is that of Tazmanian devil with massive bricks surrounding the spin cloud.

Yeah, or this.

street_burial
12-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Actually, no. I like thrash a lot. I've never cared for Overkill that much. Never hated them, but never loved them.

Theory failed. Move on.

This. + im big on blackened thrash and crossover thrash. overkill just isn't that great in my opinion.

ravenheart
12-30-2010, 08:31 AM
This. + im big on blackened thrash and crossover thrash. overkill just isn't that great in my opinion.

This isn't the point. You're entitled not to like them. And those are good reasons not to. You like other styles of thrash. Fair enough.

It's the failing to understand why other people like them that's the issue. I believe you should always be able to understand what makes the best bands in a genre popular. Even if they aren't your thing.

street_burial
12-30-2010, 08:51 AM
It's the failing to understand why other people like them that's the issue. I believe you should always be able to understand what makes the best bands in a genre popular. Even if they aren't your thing.

okay i meant that as in i dont get why people like them as much as they do, im trying to get into them and i can understand why people would like them but i dont understand why they are so praised in thrash metal.

and i also dont understand what makes them the one of the best. was that statement made off of personal opinion?

jhdeity
12-30-2010, 08:54 AM
This isn't the point. You're entitled not to like them. And those are good reasons not to. You like other styles of thrash. Fair enough.

well said. I can imagine someone only seeing their videos for In Union We Stand, Hello from the Gutter & Elimination back in the day and either liking them or not liking them at all. I bought Taking Over and saw them live a few weeks later and was mega impressed. Years of Decay then solidified them as one of my favorite bands. I still have friends who hate Blitz's vocals and can't get into them. To each his own...

ravenheart
12-30-2010, 08:57 AM
and i also dont understand what makes them the one of the best. was that statement made off of personal opinion?

Nope. Entirely off of their success, longevity and status.

street_burial
12-30-2010, 09:08 AM
the drumming isnt that great and the bass is to prominent, if it wasn't for that than i would probably like it.

JRA
12-30-2010, 09:27 AM
"Thrash demands rhythm guitar and vocals and that's about it."

-Ultraboris

ravenheart
12-30-2010, 03:59 PM
"Thrash demands rhythm guitar and vocals and that's about it."

-Ultraboris

No guitar solos then? :lol: That guy has never said a single true thing about metal.

idrinkwine732
12-30-2010, 04:09 PM
the bass is to prominent

:bouville:

ravenheart
12-31-2010, 03:52 AM
Shouldn't #2 have been posted by now?

ravenheart
12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
2 - Enslaved - Axioma Ethica Odini

Bets on #1 then?

DethMaiden
12-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Whoa, nice. Not sure if this makes Agalloch more or less likely...

jhdeity
12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
Whoa, nice. Not sure if this makes Agalloch more or less likely...

Tough call. If it's not High on Fire, Agalloch of Deftones I'd be absolutely shocked.

ravenheart
12-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Whichever one it is, it means there are at least two pretty big omissions.

DethMaiden
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
No guitar solos then? :lol: That guy has never said a single true thing about metal.

Didn't see this until now, but you're very right. I can't fucking stand that pontificating assclown.

Maiden33
12-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Didn't see this until now, but you're very right. I can't fucking stand that pontificating assclown.

His Iced Earth album reviews are absolutely hilarious though.

JRA
01-01-2011, 11:12 AM
Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you, the Darkhorse Ensemble:

#1 Accept- Blood of the Nations

ravenheart
01-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Huh.

street_burial
01-01-2011, 11:30 AM
hmmm

DethMaiden
01-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Does Martin Popoff still edit there? Because he's the biggest fucking contrarian alive and this smells like his doing.

Not that Accept did a bad album, because they didn't, but still. No one saw this coming, which is the only reason they did it.

ravenheart
01-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Does Martin Popoff still edit there?

Fairly sure he does.

JRA
01-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Because he's the biggest fucking contrarian alive

2nd biggest. ;)

jhdeity
01-02-2011, 06:27 PM
Not that I have a problem with either of the Top 2 picks being in the Top 10 or 15 but as a whole this list is retarded. Like I said You can't have Kylesa and not have High on Fire. Who the fuck is voting here? And to have mainstream rock like Airbourne, Fozzy and Ratt and not have Deftones on the list is almost hilarious. If you would have told me Agalloch or Accept lay the odds it would have been 90% to 10% in favor of Agalloch. There is no rhyme or reason to this list but it's still not the worst list... it just rode the short bus to school.

idrinkwine732
01-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you, the Darkhorse Ensemble:

#1 Accept- Blood of the Nations

wat

Maiden33
01-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I really could care less about this (or any) list, but great #1 pick. It is without a doubt an amazing, landmark release for classic metal.