PDA

View Full Version : Faith No More -- Hollywood, CA -- November 30th, 2010

Dominicus 1988
12-01-2010, 01:17 AM
A dwarf comedian, magician, and a trippy heavy surf rock band by the name of The Creepy Creeps opened. Some of the strangest stuff I have seen BUT not horrible by any means. Anyways after an hour long wait Faith No More came out and busted out an awesome setlist. I'm going again tomorrow and will post that after I see it.

BTW Jerry Cantrell, Robert Trujillo, and Scott Ian were there!

1. Reunited (Peaches and Herb cover)
2. From Out of Nowhere :rocker:
3. Everything's Ruined :D
4. Caffeine
5. Evidence
6. Surprise! You're Dead!
7. Chinese Arithmetic
8. Last Cup of Sorrow :D
9. Cuckoo for Caca
10. Easy (Commodores cover)
11. Midlife Crisis :D
12. Gentle Art of Making Enemies
13. Epic
14. Ashes to Ashes :D
15. Helpless
16. Just a Man

Encore #1

17. Chariots of Fire
18. Stripsearch :cool:
19. Spirit

Encore #2

20. The Last to Know
21. We Care A Lot :party:

Indestructible
12-01-2010, 02:42 AM
Dominicus 1988
2. From Out of Nowhere :rocker:
3. Everything's Ruined :D
4. Caffeine
5. Evidence
6. Surprise! You're Dead!
8. Last Cup of Sorrow :D
11. Midlife Crisis :D
12. Gentle Art of Making Enemies
14. Ashes to Ashes :D
:fist::fist:

ravenheart
12-01-2010, 03:38 AM
Cantrell needs to get back with Bordin and Trujillo and make another solo album. Degredation Trip was awesome.

Derelict
12-01-2010, 05:10 AM
Holy shit that might be the best reunion set I've seen.

Sanitarium78
12-01-2010, 05:27 AM
Great set as usual from them. This is the first time I recall seeing Everything's Ruined and Helpless in their reunion sets.

So is there any info about a full North American tour or are they just gonna continue to screw us?

Derelict
12-01-2010, 05:40 AM
Great set as usual from them. This is the first time I recall seeing Everything's Ruined and Helpless in their reunion sets.

So is there any info about a full North American tour or are they just gonna continue to screw us?

As far as I know, there are no plans for a full US tour. They've done 5 (or so) West Coast shows, 1 in Philly, and 2 in NYC. Europe got a full tour, and festival dates.

Sanitarium78
12-01-2010, 06:03 AM
As far as I know, there are no plans for a full US tour. They've done 5 (or so) West Coast shows, 1 in Philly, and 2 in NYC. Europe got a full tour, and festival dates.

I wonder if the band or their management thinks they won't be able to draw good crowds consistantly on their own here in America:confused: I think they would be able to get some decent crowds because it's been so long since they've toured that a demand has to be there.

I think playing on Mayhem or Ozzfest would be a cool way to get them back out on the road and back in the public eye again in the US. There is a buzz about them because of the reunion but something like that would help them out more.

Breezy
12-01-2010, 06:33 AM
I'd kill for them to come anywhere near new orleans. Bad news though, I read that they're already planning to split up again after just a couple more shows. They've acrapped the new album too. Apparently they hate each other. What a waste, amirite?

Derelict
12-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Both NYC shows (I was at the second one) were at huge outdoor venues, and both sold out. So there's a demand.

jhdeity
12-01-2010, 07:47 AM
They really pulled some deep tracks out. The Last to Know? Spirit?

I would have went apeshit for Zombie Eaters...

edit: Actually I just saw another version that had that song as This Guy's in Love With You which sounds more like them. It says "the last to know" in the chorus. Probably my favorite cover of theirs...

KillerCannabis
12-01-2010, 09:35 AM
One of the two last songs was def "This Guy's in Love with You". Great show.

Dominicus 1988
12-01-2010, 09:50 AM
I would have went apeshit for Zombie Eaters...

OMG After seeing tracks here played that werent usually performed before im having a small hope that they bring that song out....but I doubt it. ZOMBIE EATERS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TRACK FROM THEM. I would die if they played it :angel:

ijwthstd
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
They definitely didn't play Last To Know.

Encores were

Helpless
Chariots Of Fire
Stripsearch
Spirit
-----
We Care A Lot
This Guy's In Love With You

I think intentionally limiting the amount the shows (and subsequent supply of tickets) suggests more shows in the future. Not even sure if "splitting up" is an appropriate term since it's hard to consider geezer acts touring without any new music real bands.

Also I think Roddy said they don't want to live in a bus for a month.

ijwthstd
12-01-2010, 12:49 PM
They also played I Started A Joke.

cristianrock
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
As far as I'm concerned....the LAST FNM concert...will be here in my country, Santiago, Chile...the next sunday, the last year they made 2 dates here and Patton told after the shows that they wanted to finish the reunion tour in Chile.

They gonna have Primus on support, and the rumours are they gonna film a DVD of the concert...after the show ...who knows what's going to happen, but they said that...maybe it will be the last one, or maybe in a future, will returned again...who knows

mrfloosak
12-02-2010, 12:09 AM
THis show was great!!! Definitely a better set list then the second night! For some reason the band hated the crowd on Tuesday night though! I guess it wasn't crazy enough. Night #2 the crowd was crazy. My guess is all the tickets for night were $63. But because of low sales for night #2 they dropped the price to $20. (I picked up mine for $20). So all the people who can afford $63 are more mellow because they have jobs and are older while the $20 crowd was younger and more crazy. The band even insulted last night's crowd tonight! Which is kind of rude because they're the ones that bought tickets for first night for full price. Hey were near are forties now just like them and maybe we don't want to slam dance like we did when we were 20!! Anyway first night's setlist was much stronger!

mrfloosak
12-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Oh and they did say this was the last Northern American show!!

MPF
12-02-2010, 12:22 AM
Oh and they did say this was the last Northern American show!!

For now.

I HIGHLY doubt this will be the last we see of Faith No More. This may be the end of the Reunion tour, but that doesn't mean it's their last tour.

Thanatos88
12-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Sorry about the confusion over the night 1 setlist. I took a picture of the setlist from someone who had it after the show and Dom wrote it down from that. I would post the picture but I accidentally deleted it. "Last To Know" was definitely on there though they did not play it. "I Started A Joke" was absent on it as well. They also had "Easy/Ben" but they only played Easy.

Tonight's setlist was on par with night ones in my opinion but I had a lot more fun tonight.

setlist was different than night one. they swapped out a lot of songs. The songs replaced were:

Reunited
From Out of Nowhere
Caffeine
Surprise! You're Dead!
Chinese Arithmetic
Easy
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
I Started a Joke
Just a Man
Chariots of Fire
Stripsearch
This Guy's in Love with You

Off the top of my head they swapped them with:

Be Aggressive
Land of Sunshine
Got That Feeling
Ben
King For A Day
Digging The Grave
Kiss And Say Goodbye <--- absolutely epic
Pristina

I know I am forgetting a few as I was pumped and just taking in the show and not worrying about remembering a setlist. They also had Sparks come out during the first encore and they played "This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us" together.

mrfloosak
12-02-2010, 01:11 AM
It's comparable. But I much prefer Chinese Arithmetic, Surprise Your Dead, From Out Of Nowhere and Gentle Art of Making Enemies to most of the songs they added (with the exception of Land Of Sunshine which was one of the best songs of the night). What I really missed on both night's was Anne's Song, The Crab Song , Falling To Pieces, The Real Thing, and Zombie Eaters!!

Thanatos88
12-02-2010, 12:12 PM
Disregard my last post, here's the pic of night ones setlist: http://i51.tinypic.com/107rr60.jpg

adamclark52
12-03-2010, 07:35 PM
19. Spirit

That's awesome