PDA

View Full Version : Blind Guardian -- Minneapolis, MN -- November 30th, 2010

Travis The Dragon
11-30-2010, 09:12 PM
I just got back from the MN. show and they were BEYOND AMAZING!!!!!!!! And to the person who said Hansi should sing along to a recording: FUCK THAT!!! He sounded fine to me.

Into The Storm
Welcome to Dying
Born in a Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
Banish from Sanctuary
Bright Eyes
Lord of the Rings
A Voice in the Dark
Imaginations From The Other Side
---
Sacred Worlds
The Bard's Song - In the Forest
Valhalla
Mirror Mirror

I'm pretty certain that's correct, but please let me know if I'm wrong.

Hansi said there was some sort of handicap so they had to drop the 2 longer songs. Still, it was my first BG show ever and I didn't care. WOW! WOW! WOW!

Also, here are some pics for those interested: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/fonzbear2000/Blind%20Guardian/

P.S. It feels good to give a setlist for a show that I actually attended! :D

Northern_Shaman
11-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Quite unfortunate about the time constraint, but looks like a great set anyways. Cool of them to replace with shorter songs instead of dropping them completely like a lot of bands do. These guys deserve more recognition. Not that they're very unrecognized, but the number of BG fans should be equal to the human population of earth at all times. Conjoined twins counting as two fans.

idrinkwine732
11-30-2010, 10:01 PM
I'd prefer Sacred Worlds to be the first song, but no problems with that set at all.

darkguardian50
11-30-2010, 10:26 PM
I'd prefer Sacred Worlds to be the first song, but no problems with that set at all.

Depends. Did they do the War of Wrath intro to Into the Storm? Nothing beats that as an opening number if you ask me.

MPF
11-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Just got back home from the show.

Damn It Fonz! I have the setlist and I really wanted to be the one to post it. Oh well. But the setlist is correct, just switch Banish From Sanctuary and Bright Eyes. I don't think I saw you at the show. But the pictures are cool.

They did the War Of Wrath intro then Into The Storm.

To give a very quick review.

Seven Kingdoms....better in studio then live. I rarely say that bout a band. The lead singer is hot as fuck, but as my lead singer said, it's like they got Miss Teen Florida to the lead singer.

Holy Grail...HOLY FUCK! That should say it all. I'll be seeing them again with Eluveitie and 3 Inches of Blood in February.

Northern_Shaman
11-30-2010, 11:20 PM
Holy Grail...HOLY FUCK! That should say it all. I'll be seeing them again with Eluveitie and 3 Inches of Blood in February.

:fist: Nice to see them gaining some more fans. Great, energetic band. I'd be going to Eluveitie regardless, but Holy Grail is more than enough reason to show up very early. They're really fun live, too.

MPF
11-30-2010, 11:34 PM
:fist: Nice to see them gaining some more fans. Great, energetic band. I'd be going to Eluveitie regardless, but Holy Grail is more than enough reason to show up very early. They're really fun live, too.

They really are. I hope these guys make it far. They absolutely deserve it. My singer has talked about these guys for a long time, I never realized how badass they were until tonight.

Northern_Shaman
11-30-2010, 11:52 PM
For sure. Looking forward to seeing them evolve. Man, I will NEVER forgive the promoters here for passing up on this show.. Fucking WINNIPEG, CALGARY, and EDMONTON get this tour for god's sake! They sold out last time they were here... Almost like they have some secret level of popularity. Don't know who thought it was a good idea to book bands like Aborted and Evile instead of the might Guardian. I'm sure the turnouts (or lack thereof) said that quite clearly, though.

But oh well. HG coming in February. Now for Blind Guardian to open up for Judas Priest or Iron Maiden....

...I can dream :(.

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Just got back home from the show.

Damn It Fonz! I have the setlist and I really wanted to be the one to post it. Oh well. But the setlist is correct, just switch Banish From Sanctuary and Bright Eyes. I don't think I saw you at the show. But the pictures are cool.

They did the War Of Wrath intro then Into The Storm.

To give a very quick review.

Seven Kingdoms....better in studio then live. I rarely say that bout a band. The lead singer is hot as fuck, but as my lead singer said, it's like they got Miss Teen Florida to the lead singer.

Holy Grail...HOLY FUCK! That should say it all. I'll be seeing them again with Eluveitie and 3 Inches of Blood in February.I made it in time to see the last half of the 2nd band's song. I'm assuming it was Holy Grail? It would have been cool to see them since I've never heard their music, but BG WAY MORE than made up for it! I was in the upper balcony. GREAT sight lines up there! Also, thanks for correcting me on the setlist. I'll fix it.

MPF
12-01-2010, 03:33 PM
I made it in time to see the last half of the 2nd band's song. I'm assuming it was Holy Grail? It would have been cool to see them since I've never heard their music, but BG WAY MORE than made up for it! I was in the upper balcony. GREAT sight lines up there! Also, thanks for correcting me on the setlist. I'll fix it.

Yeah that was Holy Grail. Besides some short eye candy you didn't miss anything by missing Seven Kingdoms.

I was right in front of Hansi, to the left of his mic stand. Also in very poser-ish happiness, I was the first guy to get a hi-five from Hansi. :rocker:I'm pretty proud of that since I didn't get to hang out with any of Blind Guardian after the show. The security at The Cabooze are real assholes.

No a problem man. I feel fortunate to get a setlist. If I had a camera that worked, I'd take a picture of it.

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 03:44 PM
I'll upload the vid my dad took as well. Maybe you'll spot yourself on it.

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDLkb81Ivic

MPF
12-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDLkb81Ivic

Awesome thanks for the link.

I'm the guy Hansi high fived at the very beginning of the video. :rocker:

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 05:00 PM
You're quite welcome.

Awesome!

Damn, I hate youtube's compression. You should see the original. Actually, I guess it's about the same. Either way, you get the idea. :)

MPF
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Oh yeah, I've learned that from putting my band's videos. Youtube Compression sucks, but with that you gotta take every video with a grain of Salt. They are almost always better.

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 05:42 PM
At least the audio doesn't sound like it's under water. My dad's Panasonic Lumix is one sweet camera!

larvtard
12-01-2010, 05:54 PM
My dad's Panasonic Lumix is one sweet camera!

What model is it?

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 06:00 PM
What model is it?

DMC-ZS3

AnthG
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Into the Storm as opener? Would have loved that over Sacred Worlds

MPF
12-01-2010, 06:41 PM
It totally took me by surprised. When I heard War Of Wrath intro tape rolling, I could have sword they dropped Sacred Worlds. Then it came up as the encore. It was a great replacement though since the entire crowd was chanting along.

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Ya, if it wasn't for the time problem, we probably would have gotten the same set as Chicago. Still, NO complaints from me.

DethMaiden
12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Ya, if it wasn't for the time problem, we probably would have gotten the same set as Chicago. Still, NO complaints from me.

Doubt it since no two shows have had identical sets. Anyway, I would have loved Into the Storm and gladly would have sacrificed Wheel of Time (though not ATTWS, thank you very much) to see it, especially with War of Wrath as the intro tape.

Travis The Dragon
12-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Doubt it since no two shows have had identical sets. Anyway, I would have loved Into the Storm and gladly would have sacrificed Wheel of Time (though not ATTWS, thank you very much) to see it, especially with War of Wrath as the intro tape.

Good point that no 2 shows have been the same.

Damn, I just can't get over how FUCKING INCREDIBLE last night was!!!

Llamai
12-02-2010, 12:55 PM
I just wish we got ATTWS.

metalmilitia54
12-05-2010, 09:39 PM
How much do the t-shirts run for at the shows? I'd love an At the Edge of Time shirt =)

MPF
12-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I got the At The Edge Of Time shirt.

Normal T-Shirts *4 different shirts* were $25, Long Sleeves were either $30 or $35.

rjmartinez91
12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Going to my first Blind Guardian show on thursday :D I'm so excited! :rocker:

Travis The Dragon
12-09-2010, 02:57 PM
OMG!!! There's an AMAZING quality audio boot of this on dime! And talk about lucky, it's the ONLY show from the N.A. tour that I see on there! WOW!