PDA

View Full Version : Blind Guardian -- Chicago, IL -- November 29th, 2010

DethMaiden
11-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Study break to post the setlist. Great, great show. Review later, maybe not until tomorrow.

Sacred Worlds
Welcome to Dying
Born in a Mourning Hall
Nightfall
Fly
Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)
Bright Eyes
Banish from Sanctuary
Lord of the Rings
A Voice in the Dark
And Then There Was Silence
---
Wheel of Time
The Bard's Song - In the Forest
Valhalla
Mirror Mirror

Should be in order, or damn close.

EDIT: Setlist.fm confirms the order. Yep.

Northern_Shaman
11-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Congrats on getting ATTWS! I know you were really stoked for that. And further congrats on avoiding a 'flying fucking dragon dick' or something :fist:. Ahaha. Still so damn jealous of all who are seeing this tour..

darkguardian50
11-30-2010, 12:36 PM
you got what you wanted and you got Banish from the Sanctuary! Bastard.

Travis The Dragon
11-30-2010, 01:22 PM
PLEASE let this be tonight's set! It really doesn't matter though.

DethMaiden
11-30-2010, 01:22 PM
:party: I got the best set of the tour, fools!

Hey manks, they did the two worst songs from Imaginations and nothing else from that album. What the hell? ;) :tongue:

mankvill
11-30-2010, 01:42 PM
:party: I got the best set of the tour, fools!

Hey manks, they did the two worst songs from Imaginations and nothing else from that album. What the hell? ;) :tongue:

Are you implying that Imaginations has bad songs?!

DethMaiden
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Are you implying that Imaginations has bad songs?!

Not bad ones, just less-good-than-the-others ones. The Imaginations tracks were sweet, but the Nightfall tracks, A Voice in the Dark, and especially AND THEN THERE WAS MOTHERFUCKING SILENCE were the highlights of the show.

maidenpriest
11-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Not bad ones, just less-good-than-the-others ones

Pretty much, if they replaced those two songs with anything else off the album that is a nearly flawless set. Glad that you got ATTWS :D

Elvenking
11-30-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm sure this will upset alot of people here but hansi really should just sing along to a recording, his voice is just...its getting very terrible if you ask me. Most every time he tries to get his voice high, or puts alot of effort into it, it just cracks...maybe its me.

DethMaiden
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm sure this will upset alot of people here but hansi really should just sing along to a recording, his voice is just...its getting very terrible if you ask me. Most every time he tries to get his voice high, or puts alot of effort into it, it just cracks...maybe its me.

My buddy and I noticed that he doesn't try for most of the high notes anymore, but I dunno, I love his gruffer voice, which he was mostly employing. I thought he sounded great.

es156
11-30-2010, 07:49 PM
The set list is correct. It was a great show with much more of a crush than I expected. It was kind of crazy for awhile, ha ha.

Brad, it was cool to catch a show with you again. You were in front of me after the initial surge, but then after the crowd surfers I ended up in front of you somehow. Then I kept looking over my shoulder to see if you had been swallowed by the sea of humanity but you hung in there for the entire show. Nice work! I was sweating buckets by the end of the show, ha ha.