PDA

View Full Version : His Name Was Yesterday -- Buffalo, NY -- November 20th, 2010

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't know how many people here know of HNWY and Stemm.
His Name Was Yesterday and Stemm are both local bands from Buffalo,New York. This show was to celebrate the release of His Name Was Yesterdays debute album(His Name Was Yesterday). Both bands played very well. Setlists may be out of order. This was at the Mohawk Place.
Fun Night

His Name Was Yesterday
Face The Truth:horns:
Where It Ends
Beneath The Lie
No More Tomorrow
It Always ends In Fire
Echoes of The Past
For What It's Worth
Goodbye To Yesterday
In Hell
Memory Of Me
The Ghost OF John Wayne
Again And Again
Killshed:rocker:

STEMM
Incomplete
The Devil Walk among us
The Memory Remains/ Hollow(Pantera Cover)
Dead Inside(New Song)
Left Behind(New Song)
Blood Soaked
House of Cards:rocker:
Monster:rocker:

I might be missing a song in the Stemm set, I think they did something after Incomplete.

mankvill
11-22-2010, 03:10 PM
please format the title correctly next time and only include the headlining band

Sanitarium78
11-22-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm thinking I should've gone to this show seeing as it was HNMY's big CD release party. But they'll be playing a ton more around here so i'll no doubt get to see them again. The new album has some pretty good stuff on it if anyone on here feels like giving them a shot.

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm thinking I should've gone to this show seeing as it was HNMY's big CD release party. But they'll be playing a ton more around here so i'll no doubt get to see them again. The new album has some pretty good stuff on it if anyone on here feels like giving them a shot.

His Name Was Yesterday is doing a new years eve show on Friday December 31st, and Stemm said they will be back in March. Stemm is going to start recording their new album in February, I don't know when it will be released.

IrritatedTrout
11-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Are they both -core?

Indestructible
11-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Are they both -core?

Listen for yourself.

STEMM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFRFZ5TxyJU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmbBHJ0Ni68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAi9a5k-wvQ

His Name Was Yesterday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToYK257VNQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-i7jBkHQ-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzcIEp6XKgA

IrritatedTrout
11-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Oh, I understand their style now. The names just sounded really core-ish to me.

PlaysWithKnives
11-23-2010, 10:54 AM
please format the title correctly next time and only include the headlining band

Looks good to me.

DethMaiden
11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
HAHAHA these bands are so bad! Why is music like this still being made! Is there still a demand? Do they think they're cool infusing a little bit of Shadows Fall into their Disturbed worship? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Indestructible
11-23-2010, 11:21 AM
HAHAHA these bands are so bad! Why is music like this still being made! Is there still a demand? Do they think they're cool infusing a little bit of Shadows Fall into their Disturbed worship? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

HNWY and Stemm are better than alot of modern bands out today.

PlaysWithKnives
11-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Yeah, well if you don't like Stemm now, you should have heard them 10 years ago when they first started. I think they're good now actually. As for HNWY I'm kind of with you. They sound like your pedestrian metalcore band. I could care less. Other than a couple of other bands , its all Buffalo has when it comes to the local metal scene.

PlaysWithKnives
11-23-2010, 11:37 AM
HNWY and Stemm are better than alot of modern bands out today.

Like who?

Indestructible
11-23-2010, 12:04 PM
Like who?

All That Remains, Alter Bridge, As I Lay Dying, Children Of Bodom, DevilDriver, Downslave, Hatebreed, Killswitch Engage, Mudvayne, Rob Zombie,Slipknot, Stone Sour, Three Days Grace, Toxic Holocaust,Trivium.:D

I like all these bands, I just put Stemm and HNWY over them.

Sanitarium78
11-23-2010, 12:38 PM

Well, at least he was just trying to get some decent local bands a little bit of notice with this thread. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. No one said that either one of these bands are reinventing the metal genre at all with what they play, as it's prety obvious they're followers of the genre and not goundbreakers. That's mainly the reason they'll both always stay local. As for the "Disturbed worship" i'm not sure where you're getting that from since I know neither band cares for them. Machine Head and Pantera are the biggest influences on Stemm while KSE and ATR are for His Name Was Yesterday.

Yeah, well if you don't like Stemm now, you should have heard them 10 years ago when they first started. I think they're good now actually. As for HNWY I'm kind of with you. They sound like your pedestrian metalcore band. I could care less. Other than a couple of other bands , its all Buffalo has when it comes to the local metal scene.

Yeah Stemm was an awful hardcore band when they first started out. They ended up opening for Dameage Plan here in Buffalo on what would be Dimebag's last show. The following night Dime was killed. Anyways they got to hang out and party with Dimebag after that show and in his honor after he was killed they changed to the groove metal sound. Which actually turned out to be better for them musically. Yes, HNMY is just standard metalcore stuff but I think they've got some good material anyways. They're probably not setting the metal world on fire anytime soon but they're solid enough at what they do.

Neither of these bands are even close to my favorite but if i'm the mood to go see a local metal show and these guys are playing it'll be an enjoyable night out.

Alter Bridge, Children Of Bodom, DevilDriver, Rob Zombie, Slipknot:D

I like all these bands, I just put Stemm and HNWY over them.

OK I know you sometimes post some fucked up stuff and I usually leave you alone about it but you seriously think Stemm and HNMY are better than those bands?

larvtard
11-23-2010, 01:09 PM
OK I know you sometimes post some fucked up stuff and I usually leave you alone about it but you seriously think Stemm and HNMY are better than those bands?

bad uncle! :D

Indestructible
11-23-2010, 01:14 PM

I like Stemm better than all thoughs bands. Alter Bridge is better than HNWY. HNWY is better than Bodom,Slipknot and Rob Zombie
Blood Scent by Stemm is better than anything slipknot has done and is better than Rob Zombie solo.

Sanitarium78
11-23-2010, 01:15 PM
bad uncle! :D

I know but sometimes you've gotta show you're family some tough love:D

DethMaiden
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Don't drag Rob Zombie into this. :(

Maiden33
11-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Yeah Stemm was an awful hardcore band when they first started out. They ended up opening for Dameage Plan here in Buffalo on what would be Dimebag's last show. The following night Dime was killed. Anyways they got to hang out and party with Dimebag after that show and in his honor after he was killed they changed to the groove metal sound. Which actually turned out to be better for them musically. Yes, HNMY is just standard metalcore stuff but I think they've got some good material anyways. They're probably not setting the metal world on fire anytime soon but they're solid enough at what they do.

Interesting story, but honestly, I think that's a pretty silly reason to abruptly change the style of music you play. Kind of makes it seem like you're just doing what's cool or what you feel like doing at that moment.

Nick_to_the_face
11-23-2010, 02:04 PM
I like Stemm better than all thoughs bands. Alter Bridge is better than HNWY. HNWY is better than Bodom,Slipknot and Rob Zombie
Blood Scent by Stemm is better than anything slipknot has done and is better than Rob Zombie solo.

That's why they're super big and famous huh?

Sanitarium78
11-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Interesting story, but honestly, I think that's a pretty silly reason to abruptly change the style of music you play. Kind of makes it seem like you're just doing what's cool or what you feel like doing at that moment.

True. Maybe the band was thinking about the change before that but I know Dime's death was what made them decide to change. It was the better decision musically though since it got them noticed more. They're a Jager band now and usually get a spot on that stage at a few of the Mayhem fests every year. So whatever the reasons really were it worked out better for them.

A friend of mine who was friends with the band also hung out with them and Dimebag that night. He told me that knowing they were among the last to share the stage, hang out and party with Dime before he died had a very deep impact on the band. I understand that completely and get why the change was made.

IrritatedTrout
11-23-2010, 05:01 PM

:lol:Stemm and Yesterday suck hard, bro.

Indestructible
11-23-2010, 05:23 PM
:lol:Stemm and Yesterday suck hard, bro.

They do not.

Maiden33
11-23-2010, 05:24 PM
They do not.

Do 2.

BloodoftheKings
11-23-2010, 06:17 PM
I dont think those bands are that great either but they are part of his local metal scene, and even if it sucks I respect it when people try to get the word out about little known bands.

DethMaiden
11-23-2010, 06:20 PM
I dont think those bands are that great either but they are part of his local metal scene, and even if it sucks I respect it when people try to get the word out about little known bands.

You know, I've never understood this. Why do I have to like shitty bands because they're from the same place I'm from? Every scene seems to have this "SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC" ethic where everyone is equal, and that's just not how it is.

I'm sure if Indestructible dug a little deeper, there's some good Buffalo bands. You don't have to like something that you wouldn't like if it was from somewhere else just because it's local. (Not the case with him, I know; he eats this shit up.)

Maiden33
11-23-2010, 06:21 PM
You know, I've never understood this. Why do I have to like shitty bands because they're from the same place I'm from? Every scene seems to have this "SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC" ethic where everyone is equal, and that's just not how it is.

I'm sure if Indestructible dug a little deeper, there's some good Buffalo bands. You don't have to like something that you wouldn't like if it was from somewhere else just because it's local. (Not the case with him, I know; he eats this shit up.)

You think it's annoying as a listener? Try having to deal with this set of attitudes/ethics as a member of a band. :bouville:

Sanitarium78
11-23-2010, 07:11 PM

I never understood that idea either. I don't like Stemm or HNMY because they're from here nor do I think I have to like them at all. I just happen to think they got some decent material and that's it. A few people I know who are on the street team of Stemm invited me to one of their shows with HNMY two years ago and I dug both bands. I don't listen to them a ton nor do I go to see every show they play around here because that would get boring quickly. I saw them a few times each on their last touring cycle and i'll probably see them a few times this go around and that'll be it.

The reason a lot of metal fans in the region know who they are is because they're the only two metal bands to make any kind of buzz around the local scene in a very long time.

I had no idea this thread was gonna spawn this long of a discussion

IrritatedTrout
11-23-2010, 07:23 PM

Agree 100%. I support good bands, not local bands. I've only ever seen like 1 local band that was worth a shit.

DethMaiden
11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Agree 100%. I support good bands, not local bands. I've only ever seen like 1 local band that was worth a shit.

Dayton has a TON of local bands I like and actually actively listen to at home; Bloomington has been mostly disappointing in that regard.

Maiden33
11-23-2010, 07:31 PM
There's this one great local band from Allentown, PA I think everyone should check out...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Necromancerocks

:eyes:

Sanitarium78
11-23-2010, 07:40 PM
There's this one great local band from Allentown, PA I think everyone should check out...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Necromancerocks

:eyes:

I've heard of these guys before. I think i've got their CD lying around here somewhere;)

Wait, I just scrolled through my iPOD you guys are on it:D

Maiden33
11-23-2010, 07:41 PM
I've heard of these guys before. I think i've got their CD lying around here somewhere;)

Wait, I just scrolled through my iPOD you guys are on it:D

Haha, nice. :rocker:

BloodoftheKings
11-24-2010, 11:01 AM
Haha, nice. :rocker:

Is their a way I can buy your album?