16/05 Ireland, Dublin, Vicar St
17/05 UK, Manchester, Academy
19/05 UK, London, Roundhouse
20/05 France, Paris, Bataclan
22/05 Germany, Berlin, Postbahnhof
23/05 Germany, Koln, Essigfabrik
24/05 Belgium, Brussels, Ancienne Belgique
25/05 Holland, Amsterdam, Paradiso

I'm very angry that I couldn't make their show here last week. However, I'm not bitter enough to let this pass by without informing you of this show, just in case you're there.

Dextrimental
11-23-2010, 09:48 AM
You're worried about Brad? WE GOT A FUCKING DUBLIN DATE!!! FUCKING A!!!!!!!

ravenheart
11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Explosions In The Sky are playing the Roundhouse? How'd they manage that?!

Wouldn't be surprised to see that downgraded...

Natrlhi
11-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Explosions in the Sky and This Will Destroy You are the two post-rock bands I haven't seen so far that are highest on my list of must-see shows. Hopefully TWDY will tour when their new album "Tunnel Blanket" finally drops (any fucking day now, guys?!?), and hopefully this Euro tour is a sign that EITS will be touring in the U.S. next summer for their new album (which is due next Spring).

Can't wait. :snivel:

idrinkwine732
11-23-2010, 10:33 AM
You're worried about Brad? WE GOT A FUCKING DUBLIN DATE!!! FUCKING A!!!!!!!
:lol: This goes for you too! I just knew Brad said once that he really wanted to see these guys sometime.

Explosions in the Sky and This Will Destroy You are the two post-rock bands I haven't seen so far that are highest on my list of must-see shows. Hopefully TWDY will tour when their new album "Tunnel Blanket" finally drops (any fucking day now, guys?!?), and hopefully this Euro tour is a sign that EITS will be touring in the U.S. next summer for their new album (which is due next Spring).

Can't wait. :snivel:
I have a feeling that with the surge in post-rock's popularity, a lot of bands are going to start coming out of their cave.

DethMaiden
11-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Damn, I'll have to find out what it's gonna cost, but I wouldn't be against going to this one fucking bit. Thanks for the heads up. :party:

ravenheart
11-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Damn, I'll have to find out what it's gonna cost, but I wouldn't be against going to this one fucking bit. Thanks for the heads up. :party:

For that venue, expect around 20-25.

smearCampaign
11-23-2010, 05:39 PM
Explosions in the Sky and This Will Destroy You are the two post-rock bands I haven't seen so far that are highest on my list of must-see shows.

Same here. I figured that now that I live in Austin I would have better odds. TWDY is playing here 3 days after I fly back to Detroit for the holidays. :bouville:

DethMaiden
11-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Same here. I figured that now that I live in Austin I would have better odds. TWDY is playing here 3 days after I fly back to Detroit for the holidays. :bouville:

Do you go to UT?

smearCampaign
11-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Do you go to UT?

Negative. I went to Purdue and am now living the freelance web design dream down here in Austin with some Boilermaker buddies who are Texas natives.

DethMaiden
11-23-2010, 06:36 PM
Negative. I went to Purdue and am now living the freelance web design dream down here in Austin with some Boilermaker buddies who are Texas natives.

A) That's pretty cool.

B) Except the part where you went to Purdue. BOILER DOWN! :fingers:

smearCampaign
11-23-2010, 06:42 PM
A) That's pretty cool.

B) Except the part where you went to Purdue. BOILER DOWN! :fingers:

Tee-hee. You're still in Indiana, so I win. :D

idrinkwine732
11-23-2010, 09:48 PM
How are shows in Austin?

UT is my #1, and I'm scared my show count will decrease due to my lack of transportation...

smearCampaign
11-24-2010, 09:09 AM
How are shows in Austin?

UT is my #1, and I'm scared my show count will decrease due to my lack of transportation...

Austin is an excellent town for concerts. I went to college in Indiana and am from Detroit, so in comparison to those two, Austin is amazing. Not every single tour comes here, some stuff ends up being in Dallas or San Antonio.

But, if you go to UT there is no problem when it comes to transportation for shows in the city. The bus system is really good and actually you could walk or bike from campus down to where 90% of the shows are pretty easily. If you don't mind being out at shows past 1am on weeknights then I really don't foresee your show count decreasing. I moved to Austin at the end of June and have already been to over 20 shows down here. So roughly a show a week.

idrinkwine732
11-24-2010, 12:20 PM
If you don't mind being out at shows past 1am on weeknights then I really don't foresee your show count decreasing. I moved to Austin at the end of June and have already been to over 20 shows down here. So roughly a show a week.

Awesome news. I'm not one of those people who are drastically affected by a lone late night out, so weeknight concerts are totally my thing. I live right outside San Francisco and have been able to get to 25, and I'm afraid being a poor college student sans vehicle will bump me down to 15 or so. Which still wouldn't suck, depending on who I see.