PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

jd091
01-27-2011, 05:17 PM
Watch Necrophagist be on Summer Slaughter and still not have a new album yet.

Muhammad: We've got a new song for you guys, called Dawn and Demise!
Me: You said that two years ago!

:lol: Although... I STILL wouldn't argue if they headlined...

metallicbrian666
01-27-2011, 05:22 PM
Cattle Decap should be headlining that stage!
No.

Also, Sepultura69, I hope you know that Jesse Pintado passed away so Terrorizer will never perform again. (I am aware that it was a joke list of bands lol)

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
No.

Also, Sepultura69, I hope you know that Jesse Pintado passed away so Terrorizer will never perform again. (I am aware that it was a joke list of bands lol)

Yes, yes I am aware that Jesse Pintado is dead. That post wasn't suppose to be taken serious. Just like this entire thread and this years Mayhem Line up.:cool:

AnataFan4Life
01-27-2011, 05:33 PM
:lol: Although... I STILL wouldn't argue if they headlined...

Like I said, them and Nile co-headlining = eargasm

jd091
01-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Like I said, them and Nile co-headlining = eargasm

I like how this has turned into " Fuck Mayhem, let's talk Summer Slaughter!"

AnataFan4Life
01-27-2011, 05:39 PM
I like how this has turned into " Fuck Mayhem, let's talk Summer Slaughter!"

With the exception of 2008's European leg of the tour, Summer Slaughter has been pretty consistent in awesomeness.

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 05:40 PM
CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC. SO WHOS PUMPED ABOUT SUICIDE SILENCE BETING AT MAYHEM FEST THIS YEAR?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

slapguitarer
01-27-2011, 05:47 PM
CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC. SO WHOS PUMPED ABOUT SUICIDE SILENCE BETING AT MAYHEM FEST THIS YEAR?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

LIeK +0T35 mMmE33EEee3E!
tHEIR SO BR000OOOo0o00TAl \M/

larvtard
01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Stay out of this Bloodofthekings...

kommie
01-27-2011, 06:33 PM
You know who should headline Mayhem? Mayhem.

Xenocide
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM

bwahahahaha

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 06:36 PM

this is seriously the best post I have seen in this entire thread. Right on man :fist:

IrritatedTrout
01-27-2011, 06:38 PM

Post of the year.

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Post of the year.

I would have to say that this is tied with Maiden 33's Post of the South park character that looks identical to indestructible

kommie
01-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Cause, you know most of the kids that this tour is aimed at I'm sure have no idea who Mayhem are. in fact I saw someone wearing a Rockstar Mayhem Tour hoodie once and though "This kid listens to Mayhem? Waittt it's that tour"

Indestructible
01-27-2011, 06:47 PM
I would have to say that this is tied with Maiden 33's Post of the South park character that looks identical to indestructible
For those who don't know what he is talking about

From the post a picture of yourself thread.

Sorry, but everytime I see this episode of South Park, I think of Indestructible when I see this kid.

http://a22.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/111/l_1d88bcbf6850e2cc79380762a6d515b5.jpg

:)

treghet
01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
I could imagine that now... Godsmack finishes up their set. A good amount of the people stick around for Mayhem, and are scarred for life.

metallicbrian666
01-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Mayhem would be scheduled and then cancel because seeing them would make us happy.

Nick_to_the_face
01-27-2011, 10:03 PM
I could imagine that now... Godsmack finishes up their set. A good amount of the people stick around for Mayhem, and are scarred for life.

That would be amazing..
maybe Godsmack would freak out and have a heart attack so they can never plauge tours like this again

and for the whole, "lets talk summer slaughter"
FUCK that, it never somes to KC, maybe once i think but it was years ago.
and i'm gonna miss a shitload of good bands the way everyone is talking about it..

jd091
01-28-2011, 12:54 AM
and for the whole, "lets talk summer slaughter"
FUCK that, it never somes to KC, maybe once i think but it was years ago.
and i'm gonna miss a shitload of good bands the way everyone is talking about it..

That you are, my friend. I shall shed a single tear for your plight.

...then listen to some more Necrophagist to get pumped up

Nick_to_the_face
01-28-2011, 06:50 AM
That you are, my friend. I shall shed a single tear for your plight.

...then listen to some more Necrophagist to get pumped up

Fuck that, if I plan on taking a road trip to see this shit, might as well go see summer slaughter. Fuck if Necrophagist is on the bill, with skeletontits.fuck that shit im goin

jd091
01-28-2011, 10:47 AM
:lol:

electrocute1031
01-29-2011, 12:15 PM
more info from Wolverinekills blog
"Sources close to one of the bands have informed us that this years Mayhem Festival will feature Machine Head, In Flames & Trivium rotating opening the main stage each show. The bands will rotate headlining the Extreme and Jager stages too.

Another rumor starting to surface is that one of the bands has dropped off of the tour since the line up has leaked. We can verify this information as being false.

We can also verify that Disturbed will close out the festival each night. It is a coheadlining tour where both Disturbed & Godsmack are considered headliners but Disturbed will play after Godsmack each night.

There have been lots of rumors floating around so we decided to quell some of them. Please give vdob.blogspot.com credit when using our information."

Sanitarium78
01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
The first time I saw Megadeth, it was fucking amazing. But maybe that's because it was probably the smallest and most intimate venue Megadeth has played in 15 years and it was fucking packed. The second time was fucking awesome too, but I could definitely hear Dave's voice going. Didn't really make that much of a difference in how much I enjoyed it, though.

I've seen them five times since 1994 and haven't been disappointed yet. How small was the venue you saw them in? The venue they've played the last two times they've come here ony has a capacity of 1,200. I was thinking that was about as small of a venue they would play now.

Nick_to_the_face
01-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I've seen them five times since 1994 and haven't been disappointed yet. How small was the venue you saw them in? The venue they've played the last two times they've come here ony has a capacity of 1,200. I was thinking that was about as small of a venue they would play now.

I was at that the same show, not sure on the actually capacity but it was a small place, definitely not the smallest around here, but it was really kick ass being able to see them in such a personal setting

converge241
01-30-2011, 06:15 AM
if you like Disturbed better hope Draiman gets his voice in order. I saw them close the show Friday Night in CT and he sounded terrible in many parts, leaving out words, letting audience do parts, just not being able to hit the notes on the record. Wouldnt have minded so much if they werent closing.

Xenocide
01-30-2011, 11:07 AM
if you like Disturbed better hope Draiman gets his voice in order. I saw them close the show Friday Night in CT and he sounded terrible in many parts, leaving out words, letting audience do parts, just not being able to hit the notes on the record. Wouldnt have minded so much if they werent closing.

I guarantee he'll suck. Sully Erna will make him look like a 90 year old crooner.

NickLed19
01-30-2011, 11:41 AM
Yes, Sully and Godsmack will destroy Disturbed I am sure.

300%_Density
01-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Pretty much confirmed now:

More **unofficial** details have been revealed about this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival tour, which will kick off in early July. Headlining the event will be DISTURBED and GODSMACK, with additional main-stage appearances by MEGADETH, MACHINE HEAD, IN FLAMES and TRIVIUM. UNEARTH and KINGDOM OF SORROW will perform on the "Jägermeister Stage" while the "Extreme Stage" will feature SUICIDE SILENCE and ALL SHALL PERISH.

Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival 2011 bands:

Main Stage:

DISTURBED
GODSMACK
MEGADETH

[Rotating Opening Slot On Main Stage:]

MACHINE HEAD
IN FLAMES
TRIVIUM

Jägermeister Stage:

UNEARTH
KINGDOM OF SORROW
RED FANG
[Jägermeister opener]

Extreme Stage:

SUICIDE SILENCE
ALL SHALL PERISH
STRAIGHT LINE STITCH

The full and confirmed details of this year's tour will be made available later today (Monday, January 31).

TonyD
01-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Uh, hey. This was announced. No news.
Edit:
Dethklok playing instead of Deth in LA (kinda sucks), Testament playing instead of In Flames in Mountain View :party:
I might actually go...

Motograter_Ghost
01-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Edit:
Dethklok playing instead of Deth in LA (kinda sucks), Testament playing instead of In Flames in Mountain View :party:
I might actually go...

OH BOY :D

bt11763
01-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Edit:
I might actually go...

huh, surprising to see dethklok

makethemsuffer12
01-31-2011, 12:21 PM
I know that I'm one of the few here, but I can't wait for this. Mayhem is probably the only thing that I really look forward to in the summer.

windshldbraker88
01-31-2011, 12:29 PM
I know that I'm one of the few here, but I can't wait for this. Mayhem is probably the only thing that I really look forward to in the summer.

Dude, im with you, i can't wait to see Disturbed, Godsmack, Trivium, Strait Line Stitch, Suicide Silence, Unearth, and Kingdom Of Sorrow

I hear Machine Head is really good but idk them, same with In Flames. so yeah, all i can say is, when this tour comes to Mass on the 22nd, i'll be there

IrritatedTrout
01-31-2011, 12:33 PM
Dude, im with you, i can't wait to see Disturbed, Godsmack, Trivium, Strait Line Stitch, Suicide Silence, Unearth, and Kingdom Of Sorrow

:lol:

:grim:

Xenocide
01-31-2011, 12:53 PM
Mountain View is SO FUCKING LUCKY...

mastodon421
01-31-2011, 01:52 PM

I'm pretty excited as well. I have an awesome time at every single Mayhem Fest and I look forward to it every summer. I am beyond excited to see Megadeth for the first time, I like the lineup overall and it should be another great time.

kommie
01-31-2011, 02:00 PM
again, this tour disappoints

jd091
01-31-2011, 02:10 PM

I hear Machine Head is really good but idk them, same with In Flames. so yeah, all i can say is, when this tour comes to Mass on the 22nd, i'll be there

WHAT YOU SAY

:wallbang:

Indestructible
01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
I hear Machine Head is really good but idk them, same with In Flames

Give them a shot.
With In Flames start with Clayman,Colony and Reroute to Remain. Don't know what you think of death growls but if you like them also try The Jesters Race.

Machine head start with Through the Ashes of Empires and The Blackening.

BloodoftheKings
01-31-2011, 03:00 PM
If I lived in LA I would probably go. I like Deth more then Dethklok overall but i'd rather see Dethklok live.

Shadowswillfall414
01-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Im happy with this lineup. BIG improvment from last year. Say what u will, it beats last year with norma jean, atreyu, five finger death punch in this moment crap. Suicide silence, Kingdom of sorrow, unearth, in flames, trivium, machine head, megadeth, and disturbed. Hell yeah :rocker: All shall perish, godsmack not bad but could be better. Straight line stitch... no... Dont really listen to red fang.

treghet
01-31-2011, 03:17 PM
If I lived in LA I would probably go. I like Deth more then Dethklok overall but i'd rather see Dethklok live.

wat

BloodoftheKings
01-31-2011, 03:56 PM
wat

I think Dethklok is better live then Megadeth. Problem?

treghet
01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
I think Dethklok is better live then Megadeth. Problem?

Dethklok is death metal for pussies.

But seriously, I was just messing with you, because that statement seemed unusual for you.

NickLed19
01-31-2011, 04:03 PM
Im happy with this lineup. BIG improvment from last year. Say what u will, it beats last year with norma jean, atreyu, five finger death punch in this moment crap. Suicide silence, Kingdom of sorrow, unearth, in flames, trivium, machine head, megadeth, and disturbed. Hell yeah :rocker: All shall perish, godsmack not bad but could be better. Straight line stitch... no... Dont really listen to red fang.

Norma Jean, Atreyu, and Winds of Plague sucked last year....but thats really it. This year you have just as many awful bands. And this year they have no real great band on the side stages.

Shadowswillfall414
01-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Norma Jean, Atreyu, and Winds of Plague sucked last year....but thats really it. This year you have just as many awful bands. And this year they have no real great band on the side stages.

I actually like winds of plague. And this year the only good side stage bands are unearth, suicide silence (yes i like them) and kingdom of sorrow. Like i said though, the only bad band on the side stages is straght line stitch.

BloodoftheKings
01-31-2011, 04:08 PM
Dethklok is death metal for pussies.

But seriously, I was just messing with you, because that statement seemed unusual for you.

For a second I thought you were serious about that. I cant stand elitist who think Dethklok are poser just because they're from a cartoon. :tp:

treghet
01-31-2011, 04:16 PM
For a second I thought you were serious about that. I cant stand elitist who think Dethklok are poser just because they're from a cartoon. :tp:

Same. I'm not a fan, but I always thought it was cool that they made it into a real band. Occasionally I blast "Hatredcopter" though. ;)

Xenocide
01-31-2011, 04:17 PM
Give them a shot.
With In Flames start with Clayman,Colony and Reroute to Remain. Don't know what you think of death growls but if you like them also try The Jesters Race.

Machine head start with Through the Ashes of Empires and The Blackening.

For Machine Head their 4 good albums are Burn my Eyes, The More Things Change, Through the Ashes of Empires, and The Blackening. The Burning Red and Supercharger can be ignored.

slapguitarer
01-31-2011, 04:26 PM
Mountain View is SO FUCKING LUCKY...

How so? I mean, so we get to see Megadeth and Testament, two of Thrash Metal's best. So what? ;)

Xenocide
01-31-2011, 04:31 PM
How so? I mean, so we get to see Megadeth and Testament, two of Thrash Metal's best. So what? ;)

Go fuck yourself mayne.

idrinkwine732
01-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I will be in attendance.

slapguitarer
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I will be in attendance.

:party:

Xenocide
01-31-2011, 06:42 PM
Machine Head is going to open the main stage for the first 9 shows and headline the Extreme stage for the rest. What the fuck? They should be headlining the Jager stage not the Extreme.

Shadowswillfall414
01-31-2011, 06:45 PM
Machine Head is going to open the main stage for the first 9 shows and headline the Extreme stage for the rest. What the fuck? They should be headlining the Jager stage not the Extreme.

As long as they play it doesnt matter.

TiradesOfTruth
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM

Where Did You Find This Information.

Xenocide
01-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Where Did You Find This Information.

Machine Head's website.

mankvill
01-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Here's hoping for a KC offdate featuring Megadeth, In Flames and Red Fang.

Travis The Dragon
01-31-2011, 07:05 PM

That would be awesome! Hell, I'd love an off date here with In Flames headlining.

Shadowswillfall414
01-31-2011, 07:06 PM

Would love an off date with megadeth, machine head, and kingdom of sorrow.

Indestructible
01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
Would love an off date with megadeth, machine head, and kingdom of sorrow.

I would love an off date with In Flames,Trivium,Machine Head,Megadeth and Disturbed. If that happens it better come to Buffalo.

JRA
01-31-2011, 07:09 PM
Well I'm late to the party.

Shit, I can't believe Dave's doing this. He must have lost a fuckton of money on the last Gigantour in order for this to happen. :(

bt11763
01-31-2011, 07:12 PM

FUCK YES :rocker::rocker:

and who gives a shit what stage it is? they're always right next to each other, and they only put three of the bands on the extreme stage so that they could have the other band play on it, since the jager stage has the BotB winner.

Shadowswillfall414
01-31-2011, 07:14 PM
I would love an off date with In Flames,Trivium,Machine Head,Megadeth and Disturbed

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Shadowswillfall414
01-31-2011, 07:15 PM
I would rather have in flames and machine head on the side stages so i can go fucking crazy. I love trivium but i would much rather have them on the main stage.

Indestructible
01-31-2011, 11:25 PM
Is Megadeth going to start playing Endgame on Mayhemfest, they should.

ratcat90
01-31-2011, 11:28 PM
They should just eliminate the Extreme Stage, especially Suicide Silence and All Shall Perish. Those bands sound like pure shit. Save that shit for the Warped Tour. Lets get someone like Children of Bodom, As I Lay Dying, Fear Factory, All That Remains (again) or Sevendust in there.

:rocker:

Indestructible
01-31-2011, 11:30 PM
Children of Bodom, As I Lay Dying, Fear Factory, All That Remains (again) or Sevendust in there.

I'd rather see those bands on Mayhem fest along with Trivium,Machine Head, In Flames and the rest of the main stage.

jd091
01-31-2011, 11:40 PM
They should just eliminate the Extreme Stage, especially Suicide Silence and All Shall Perish. Those bands sound like pure shit. Save that shit for the Warped Tour. Lets get someone like Children of Bodom, As I Lay Dying, Fear Factory, All That Remains (again) or Sevendust in there.

I actually like All Shall Perish a lot, despite the whole deathcore/scene that they are associated with. They do 1000% more shredding and riffage than contemporaries like Suicide Silence (which I don't mind for another reason... but I won't go into it now). True, there's a lot of pig-squeals, but at least their guitar solos and riffs are original and pretty metal. And their lyrics are pretty badass.

NickLed19
02-01-2011, 03:02 AM
The Extreme Stage is awful. Man 3 terrible bands.

Xenocide
02-01-2011, 04:22 AM

Machine Head for the last 18 shows...

NickLed19
02-01-2011, 04:36 AM
Who is on the Main Stage for the last 10 shows? Trivium or In Flames.

mastodon421
02-01-2011, 05:15 AM
Trivium is on Main Stage for the last 8, In Flames will be playing 2 of the last 10 on Main Stage.

jd091
02-01-2011, 08:49 AM

ASP not terrible. Sweep arpeggios!

Nick_to_the_face
02-01-2011, 01:46 PM

:fist:

Hell even if Machine Head or In Flames headlined that would be cool. As long as we don't get Disturbed or Godsmack. Realistically that probably won't happen, but watch me say tat and they decide to be different and surprise us

moose_666
02-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Hell even if Machine Head or In Flames headlined that would be cool. As long as we don't get Disturbed or Godsmack. Realistically that probably won't happen, but watch me say tat and they decide to be different and surprise us

id be glad if megadeath, in flames, and unearth had a kc off date. But lets hope there is an off date show first.

larvtard
02-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Trivium is on Main Stage for the last 8, In Flames will be playing 2 of the last 10 on Main Stage.

That means Machine Head won't be on the main stage for my date! Although I realize they will get a shorter set because of it, I won't have to watch from the lawn. If I go at all, which is very doubtful...

mankvill
02-01-2011, 02:34 PM
id be glad if megadeath, in flames, and unearth had a kc off date. But lets hope there is an off date show first.

Well, last year was the first time we didn't get Mayhem, and we got an off-date. Sooo...we'll see.

daimonos
02-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Machine Head for the last 18 shows...

Thank God.

If Machine Head played the main stage on my date it would make my day a million times worse.

jd091
02-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Seriously, the Mayhem boards are one of the biggest displays of asshattery and ignorance I've ever seen. Thank god for this site; people here actually have brains in their goddamn heads.

http://www.rockstarmayhemfest.com/boards/f/8/t/1845133

slapguitarer
02-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Seriously, the Mayhem boards are one of the biggest displays of asshattery and ignorance I've ever seen. Thank god for this site; people here actually have brains in their goddamn heads.

http://www.rockstarmayhemfest.com/boards/f/8/t/1845133

Yeah, it's pretty bad. It makes me lil' sad because that's where I got my start.

ShatteredFlame
02-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Shit that was bad. All the "Im in highschool" reasons, wtf?

They need to listen to Orchid.

treghet
02-05-2011, 02:35 PM
:LOLFC:

digitallive
02-05-2011, 11:00 PM
this line-up is the biggest pile of shit they've dreamed up yet, and 2008 was pretty bad. this is comparable to '08 in that i'll be leaving while the suns still up. disturbed are the 1 single band i loath the most, and having had to sit through them like 5 times from 1999-2001. their doing the exact same stupid shit in 2011. the whole hannibal thing. fuck that band.

however red fang are friends of mine, so i'm glad they are on a tour that'll get them some exposure.

mankvill
02-06-2011, 12:15 AM
this line-up is the biggest pile of shit they've dreamed up yet, and 2008 was pretty bad. this is comparable to '08 in that i'll be leaving while the suns still up. disturbed are the 1 single band i loath the most, and having had to sit through them like 5 times from 1999-2001. their doing the exact same stupid shit in 2011. the whole hannibal thing. fuck that band.

however red fang are friends of mine, so i'm glad they are on a tour that'll get them some exposure.

This line-up actually smokes last years and most of the first year. Megadeth and Red Fang are great, and Unearth, In Flames and Machine Head would at least be fun live. They could've done A LOT worse than Godsmack, so really the only shitty bands on this tour are Disturbed, Suicide Silence and Straight Line Stitch. Also, on some dates they get Testament, so that's pretty kewl too.

I'd actually rank the Mayhem years like this:

BlindGuardian93
02-06-2011, 04:00 AM
Yeah, it's pretty bad. It makes me lil' sad because that's where I got my start.

it is sad thats where i got my start too but now loudbase fucked up big time on the new boards and its just so overrun with idiots anymore its impossible for the few level headed people on there to actually have decent conversations about music anymore on those boards.

AnataFan4Life
02-06-2011, 07:48 AM
it is sad thats where i got my start too but now loudbase fucked up big time on the new boards and its just so overrun with idiots anymore its impossible for the few level headed people on there to actually have decent conversations about music anymore on those boards.

This.

NickLed19
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
This line-up actually smokes last years and most of the first year. Megadeth and Red Fang are great, and Unearth, In Flames and Machine Head would at least be fun live. They could've done A LOT worse than Godsmack, so really the only shitty bands on this tour are Disturbed, Suicide Silence and Straight Line Stitch. Also, on some dates they get Testament, so that's pretty kewl too.

Straight Line Stitch, Suicide Silence, Disturbed, Trivium, and All Shall Parish are complete shit. Last year you really only had a few bands who were that bad.

smearCampaign
02-06-2011, 12:23 PM
They could've done A LOT worse than Godsmack.

I agree with you 100%, but you gotta admit the fact that Godsmack is playing over Megadeth is goddamn ridiculous.

Also, there are going to be some huge egos around that backstage between Dave, Sully and the Disturbed guy. Hopefully it leads to some stupid drama... that will be the most entertaining thing to come out of this tour.

BloodoftheKings
02-06-2011, 01:09 PM
Last year you really only had a few bands who were that bad.

Every band on the 2010 lineup sucked except for Zombie and 3IOB.

TiradesOfTruth
02-06-2011, 01:13 PM

I so agree with you yeah their are some bad bands but their always will be. Lets look at this 2008 had Dragonforce, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Walls Of Jericho, Underoath, Suicide Silence, and 36 Crazyfists. Then 2009 had Marilyn Manson, Bullet For My Valentine. 2010 had Korn, Five Finger Death Punch, Atreyu, Norma Jean, In This Moment, and Winds Of Plagues. And Finally this year has Disturbed, Suicide Silence, Straight Line Stich.

My Ranks

2009:rocker:
2008:bouville:

NickLed19
02-06-2011, 01:19 PM

Uh no. Not LoG, and Shadows Fall. And FFDP and ITM are decent, same with Chaimaira.

NickLed19
02-06-2011, 01:20 PM
I agree with you 100%, but you gotta admit the fact that Godsmack is playing over Megadeth is goddamn ridiculous.

Also, there are going to be some huge egos around that backstage between Dave, Sully and the Disturbed guy. Hopefully it leads to some stupid drama... that will be the most entertaining thing to come out of this tour.

Disturbed playing over Godsmack and Megadeth is bullshit.

BloodoftheKings
02-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Really shitty bands by year:

2008: Dragonforce, Five Finger Death Punch, Underoath, Suicide Silence, 36 Crazy Fists.

2009: Marilyn Manson, Bullet For My Valentine, All That Remains, Job For A Cowboy, WhiteChapel

2010: Korn, Five Finger Death Punch, Atreyu, Norma Jean, In This Moment, Winds Of Plauge

2011: Godsmack, Suicide Silence, All Shall Perish, Straight Line Stitch, Unearth

mankvill
02-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Fuck all y'all, imma blast DForce :mad:

rjturtle9
02-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Fuck all y'all, imma blast DForce :mad:

:dragon:

Dextrimental
02-06-2011, 02:10 PM
In my honest opinion, Godsmack are the worst band on that line up.

mankvill
02-06-2011, 02:24 PM
In my honest opinion, Godsmack are the worst band on that line up.

I actually kind of like all the radio songs (well, at least the old radio songs) for Godsmack. I was driving and listened to Awake and it was still pretty fun.

Dextrimental
02-06-2011, 02:29 PM
I actually kind of like all the radio songs (well, at least the old radio songs) for Godsmack. I was driving and listened to Awake and it was still pretty fun.

I'm like that with Limp Bizkit and Disturbed to be honest. Godsmack never really made it over here, so I think thats why I really don't like them, cuz there isn't any nostalgia or fun memories to go with listening to them!

Shadowswillfall414
02-06-2011, 03:13 PM

But every year had bad bands and good bands. Plus every year cant be like 2009. Wish it would be though.

smearCampaign
02-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Disturbed playing over Godsmack and Megadeth is bullshit.

Oh yeah, agreed. Disturbed is the biggest joke of the whole tour IMO.

makethemsuffer12
02-06-2011, 05:36 PM

In your opinion. Shadows Fall, Chimaira, Hatebreed, and Korn all destroyed. Hell, even Norma Jean weren't that bad.

Shadowswillfall414
02-06-2011, 05:52 PM
In your opinion. Shadows Fall, Chimaira, Hatebreed, and Korn all destroyed. Hell, even Norma Jean weren't that bad.

Hell yeah. But norma jean sucked on my stoped. In my opinion. In this moment wasnt that bad either. And dont forget lamb of god.

makethemsuffer12
02-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Hell yeah. But norma jean sucked on my stoped. In my opinion. In this moment wasnt that bad either. And dont forget lamb of god.

In This Moment were awful. Maria Brink is seriously one of the worst vocalists of all time. I usually love LOG, but they just don't translate well in an amphitheater setting.

Shadowswillfall414
02-06-2011, 06:38 PM
In This Moment were awful. Maria Brink is seriously one of the worst vocalists of all time. I usually love LOG, but they just don't translate well in an amphitheater setting.

In this moment was good. I mean if they had a longer setlists then yeah i would be annoyed but they were a decent opening band (first band on my stop). And i totally agree with you on LOG.

NickLed19
02-06-2011, 07:15 PM
In This Moment is good live. And they truly have 5 of 6 good songs.

kommie
02-06-2011, 07:19 PM
In This Moment is good live. And they truly have 5 of 6 good songs.

by 'good' do you mean as bad as their other songs? I regard In This Moment as a band that solely exist and is popular due to the fact that the singer has a vagina and tits, other examples being Paramore, Flyleaf. There are exceptions though like Arch Enemy, but the mass population won't like them due to the harsh sounding vocals.

Nick_to_the_face
02-06-2011, 07:52 PM
In this moment was good. I mean if they had a longer setlists then yeah i would be annoyed but they were a decent opening band (first band on my stop). And i totally agree with you on LOG.

Lamb of God was amazing when I saw them.

Though it could have been because I saw them on an off-date ;)

slapguitarer
02-06-2011, 08:30 PM
by 'good' do you mean as bad as their other songs? I regard In This Moment as a band that solely exist and is popular due to the fact that the singer has a vagina and tits, other examples being Paramore, Flyleaf. There are exceptions though like Arch Enemy, but the mass population won't like them due to the harsh sounding vocals.

I like their first album. :eyes:

NickLed19
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM

Nice Tits is better.

AnthG
02-06-2011, 09:39 PM
2010 > 2008 > 2011 > 2009

I don't care, I'll take Korn and Slipknot over Slayer any day. The only bands on 2009 that I really like are KsE, God Forbid, and All that Remains. 2010 for me at least had Korn, LOG, Chimaira, and Shadows Fall, and I can tolerate FFDP, Zombie, and Hatebreed.

NickLed19
02-06-2011, 09:44 PM
2010 was by far the best lineup, and 2011 is the worst. IMO

slapguitarer
02-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I think it goes. 2011>2008>2010>2009

jd091
02-06-2011, 09:53 PM
2010 was by far the best lineup, and 2011 is the worst. IMO

False. 2009 is best.

Behemoth, Black Dahlia Murder, God Forbid, Cannibal Corpse. :drool:

idrinkwine732
02-06-2011, 10:03 PM
I think it goes. 2011>2008>2010>2009

:flame:

JLRedWing13
02-07-2011, 07:51 AM
:flame:
lol

Indestructible
02-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Mayhemfest ranking
2009(most of the line up was :barf:)

bt11763
02-07-2011, 08:24 AM
y'all niggas is buggin'

Statutory-Mike
02-07-2011, 08:49 AM
How could anyone say 09 wasn't the best? Black Dahlia, Behemoth, Corpse, Slayer. The only other decent lineup was 08 because of The Red Chord.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 09:23 AM
2010 > 2008 > 2011 > 2009

I don't care, I'll take Korn and Slipknot over Slayer any day. The only bands on 2009 that I really like are KsE, God Forbid, and All that Remains. 2010 for me at least had Korn, LOG, Chimaira, and Shadows Fall, and I can tolerate FFDP, Zombie, and Hatebreed.

wat

Steev
02-07-2011, 09:33 AM
How could anyone say 09 wasn't the best? Black Dahlia, Behemoth, Corpse, Slayer. The only other decent lineup was 08 because of The Red Chord.

probably because it's resulted in more people bitching about every other years lineup

bt11763
02-07-2011, 10:32 AM
wat

oh yeah, this.

AnthG
02-07-2011, 11:50 AM
wat

Correct.

BloodoftheKings
02-07-2011, 11:53 AM
I cant believe there is actually people who think 09 was the worst lineup. They had Slayer. What else do you need? Slayer > All the bands from 08 and 10 combined.

AnataFan4Life
02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
2009 had the best lineup, no doubt about it. The problem is that now everyone keeps expecting another line-up like that one, when it will never happen. If the line-up for 2009 was like any of the other three years, I doubt there would be as much complaining.

makethemsuffer12
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM

OH NOESS GROWLY VOCALS

Butcher of Birth
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Steev has the most posts on this thread, which I think is funny, because 93% of his posts are on this thread.

Talk about being lazying and sticking to something till it dies...

mastodon421
02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
My rankings:

Personally I have enjoyed every lineup, but 2009 takes the cake easily. Just about every band was excellent. 2008 is the worst mainly because of the side stages. Black Tide,Underoath,Walls Of Jericho,36 Crazyfists and Suicide Silence were all horrible, as was Dragonforce on the main stage.

Sepultura69
02-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Yeah, says the guy whos fucking user name is based on a Disturbed song.

:tp:

IrritatedTrout
02-07-2011, 12:49 PM
This thread = cancer.
Mayhem Fest = cancer.

Can we lock this now that the lineup and dates are confirmed?:lol:

Steev
02-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Steev has the most posts on this thread, which I think is funny, because 93% of his posts are on this thread.

Talk about being lazying and sticking to something till it dies...

*shrugs

what can you do about it

Butcher of Birth
02-07-2011, 01:48 PM
This thread = cancer.
Mayhem Fest = cancer.

God I hope so...

Metal_Head
02-07-2011, 02:13 PM
2009 >> 2008 >> 2011 >> 2010

I've enjoyed all the years, but I can't see how anyone could say that 2009 wasn't the best lineup.

jd091
02-07-2011, 03:00 PM
2009 >> 2008 >> 2011 >> 2010

I've enjoyed all the years, but I can't see how anyone could say that 2009 wasn't the best lineup.

The fact that Behemoth, fucking BEHEMOTH, were on 2009 makes it the best. End of story.

AnthG
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
wat

Yep.

daimonos
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
The fact that Behemoth, fucking BEHEMOTH, were on 2009 makes it the best. End of story.

this.

ShatteredFlame
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
The Black Dahlia Murder were the best act to ever play, performance wise

But it's not like anything on Mayhem doesn't tour the US all the time. Comparing lineups is unnecessary. Good or bad, there all a bunch of tour whores.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
This thread = cancer.
Mayhem Fest = cancer.

nope cuz i wanna complain hOw dIs lineup is ShiT and gayhem fest is gay

jd091
02-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Ugh. This is thread is turning to shit.

WHO'S READY FOR SUMMER SLAUGHTER?!?

:shred:

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Ugh. This is thread is turning to shit.

WHO'S READY FOR SUMMER SLAUGHTER?!?

:shred:

agreed...they to lock this shit...

so...

WHO THE FUCK IS AT SUMMER SLAUGHTER THIS YEAR?!?

jd091
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
agreed...they to lock this shit...

so...

WHO THE FUCK IS AT SUMMER SLAUGHTER THIS YEAR?!?

Fleshgod motherfuckin' Apocalypse!

But seriously, yeah. Bring me back my Muhammad Suicmez.

ShatteredFlame
02-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Fuck Summer Slaughter and Necrophagist. Go listen to Gorguts and Demilich.

mankvill
02-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Fuck Summer Slaughter and Necrophagist. Go listen to Gorguts and Demilich.

Disagree with first sentence. Agree with second.

AnataFan4Life
02-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Disagree with first sentence. Agree with second.

This.

And to add to the claim of the Mayhem boards being overrun by idiots, I ran into a user who thought grindcore was Suicide Silence and Whitechapel :mad:

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 06:14 PM
This.

And to add to the claim of the Mayhem boards being overrun by idiots, I ran into a user who thought grindcore was Suicide Silence and Whitechapel :mad:

This, and the massive amount of people saying Megadeth isn't good because they're old. Some dumbass on the Mayhem Facebook page said something like "Meagdeth and Machine Head would've been good choices in the 80's." I told him Machine Head didn't even form until the 90's and didn't bother responding.

Shadowswillfall414
02-07-2011, 06:17 PM
This, and the massive amount of people saying Megadeth isn't good because they're old.

Ironic because i ran into a kid like this at my school today. He was like "Mayhem fest is amazing this year EXCEPT megadeth." Fucking idiots.

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Ironic because i came into a kid like this at my school today. He was like "Mayhem fest is amazing this year EXCEPT megadeth." Fucking idiots.

lol

Shadowswillfall414
02-07-2011, 06:31 PM
lol

Shit damn typos. I shall fix that shit.

AnataFan4Life
02-07-2011, 06:47 PM
There are also a mass amount of retards saying that Red Fang are the worst band on the line-up, when most of those people probably didn't even bother listening to their music.

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 07:07 PM
There are also a mass amount of retards saying that Red Fang are the worst band on the line-up, when most of those people probably didn't even bother listening to their music.

This pisses me off even more.

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2011, 08:07 PM

I've never actually heard of them until now, what are they exactly?

Fleshgod motherfuckin' Apocalypse!

But seriously, yeah. Bring me back my Muhammad Suicmez.

What the hell is Necrophagist even doing?! they need to get their shit together and release some new shit

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I've never actually heard of them until now, what are they exactly?

They're like, Stoner/Southern Metal

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
What? No.

Well, they're definitely Stoner. They've got some Bluesy aspects to them, so that's why I said Southern.

TonyD
02-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Oops. I've been mistaking Red Fang for Early Man because I saw the latter with HOF a while back and nthe band that opened was called Red Tape.

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Oops. I've been mistaking Red Fang for Early Man because I saw the latter with HOF a while back and nthe band that opened was called Red Tape.

Oh ok. I wouldn't mind Early Man at Mayhem Fest. They're good Thrash.

jd091
02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Ironic because i came into a kid like this at my school today. He was like "Mayhem fest is amazing this year EXCEPT megadeth." Fucking idiots.

lol

There's not many times when the letters "lol" truly represent a time when I physically laugh out loud. Right now is one of those times.

slapguitarer
02-07-2011, 09:41 PM
There's not many times when the letters "lol" truly represent a time when I physically laugh out loud. Right now is one of those times.

Statutory-Mike
02-08-2011, 08:01 AM
What the hell is Necrophagist even doing?! they need to get their shit together and release some new shit

Never :cool:

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-08-2011, 08:53 AM
WHO THE FUCK IS AT METALLIANCE THIS YEAR?!?

Fix'd. Metalliance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Summer Slaughter = Mayhem fest>Thrash & Burn

Sepultura69
02-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Fix'd. Metalliance>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Summer Slaughter = Mayhem fest>Thrash & Burn

Scion Rock Fest>metalliance tour & Gayhem fest & Summer slaughter

BlindGuardian93
02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Metalliance tour looks awesome this year.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Scion Rock Fest>metalliance tour & Gayhem fest & Summer slaughter

Maryland Deathfest > Scion Rock Fest

mastodon421
02-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Morbid Angel>Maryland Deathfest

ShatteredFlame
02-08-2011, 12:40 PM
no

Last Days of Humanity, Extortion, Tragedy, Nails, Citizens Arrest, Cripple Bastards, Noisear, The Kill, Flesh Parade, Doom, Lock Up, Death Breath, Hooded Menace, Coroner, Exhumed, Dropdead etc.

Scion does have Wormrot, Larm and Anaal Nathrakh. Should all play MDF.

jd091
02-08-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm sorry, but that statement is full of such fail. I fuckin' love tech death; sorry manks.

mankvill
02-08-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm sorry, but that statement is full of such fail. I fuckin' love tech death; sorry manks.

Y U BRING ME UP

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/4006/original/y-u-no.jpg?1291583460

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-08-2011, 09:27 PM

Meh. They're putting out a new album soon, which doesn't even sound all that promising, but they'll be around regardless.

I dig Tech Death, but not the guitar-wanking brand of "tech/prog/death" that Summer Slaughter always has aboard (Necrophagist, The Faceless, Origin, Cephalic Carnage, et al)...

Nick_to_the_face
02-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Meh. They're putting out a new album soon, which doesn't even sound all that promising, but they'll be around regardless.

I dig Tech Death, but not the guitar-wanking brand of "tech/prog/death" that Summer Slaughter always has aboard (Necrophagist, The Faceless, Origin, Cephalic Carnage, et al)...

Hey leave Muhammed out of this :cool:

Nick_to_the_face
02-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Scion Rock Fest

Maryland Deathfest

Fix'd. Metalliance

Who the fuck are at any of these?!?!?!

jd091
02-09-2011, 03:09 AM

At Scion there's this little band called, y'know, MORBID ANGEL

Nick_to_the_face
02-09-2011, 08:09 AM
At Scion there's this little band called, y'know, MORBID ANGEL

OH SHIT :eek:

Steev
02-11-2011, 05:31 AM
so the site has been updated to include the replacement bands

but also it now has Megadeth looking like they co-headline as well(basically 3 co-headliners)

interesting

Shadowswillfall414
02-11-2011, 01:01 PM
so the site has been updated to include the replacement bands

but also it now has Megadeth looking like they co-headline as well(basically 3 co-headliners)

interesting

Well that is alot better than them opening up for godsmack and disturbed.

slapguitarer
02-17-2011, 03:26 PM
From Mayhem Website

Important Show Note- Trivium will not be playing the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival dates on Thursday, August 5th in Chicago, IL at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Friday August 6th in Detroit, MI at the DTE Energy Music Theatre and Saturday August 7th in Indianapolis, IN at the Verizon Wireless Music Centre due to a scheduling conflict. Taking their place on those shows will be the mighty HATEBREED

Shadowswillfall414
02-17-2011, 03:29 PM
From Mayhem Website

Important Show Note- Trivium will not be playing the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival dates on Thursday, August 5th in Chicago, IL at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre, Friday August 6th in Detroit, MI at the DTE Energy Music Theatre and Saturday August 7th in Indianapolis, IN at the Verizon Wireless Music Centre due to a scheduling conflict. Taking their place on those shows will be the mighty HATEBREED

Wow i did not expect that.

mastodon421
02-17-2011, 03:44 PM
From Mayhem Website

Lucky bastards.

elturtleboy
02-17-2011, 03:58 PM
From Mayhem Website

damn id trade trivium for Hatebreed anyday

NickLed19
02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Damn they are so lucky.

slapguitarer
02-17-2011, 05:38 PM

Same

TiradesOfTruth
02-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Im so happy that I get too see Hatebreed other than Trivium at DTE.

BlackmoreOfBowling
02-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Shit band replaces shit band, big deal.

llama lom
02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Anyone else think it's weird that they're having so many replacement bands this year? I think either they tried getting too many bands or they have to force bands to play for them and they (bands) didn't want to tdo the full thing. My two cents.

slapguitarer
02-17-2011, 10:05 PM
Anyone else think it's weird that they're having so many replacement bands this year? I think either they tried getting too many bands or they have to force bands to play for them and they (bands) didn't want to tdo the full thing. My two cents.

It's because some of the bands on Mayhem this year are also doing some festivals in Europe.

TiradesOfTruth
02-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Anyone know what you get in the V.I.P. tickets. I am think of buying some.

elturtleboy
02-20-2011, 11:29 AM

:finger2:

Xenocide
02-20-2011, 01:36 PM

:bouville:

Nick_to_the_face
02-20-2011, 03:38 PM
oh boy Hatebreed hurr hurr

kommie
02-20-2011, 03:55 PM
if I actually liked Hatebreed, I could say I've seen them more times than any other band cause they've been to a lot of concerts I've been to, but most of the time I didn't bother watching them

Shadowswillfall414
02-20-2011, 04:46 PM
I prefer trivium over hatebreed. I love both bands but i can only stand so much hatebreed. Plus i saw hatebreed before and i never saw trivium. So good thing my stop gets trivium. :rocker:

Wizzbang11
02-21-2011, 03:13 PM

MDF has:
Voivod, Doom, Imp. Naz., Nunslaughter, Cathedral, Miasmal, Witchaven, Corrosion of Conformity, Exhumed, Inquisition, Coroner, Nuclear Assualt, LDoH, Dead Congregation and about 40 other bands.

brutal_descent
02-23-2011, 04:32 AM
This is all terribly depressing. First In Flames fails to perform at my date (Mountain View), and then this Hatebreed/Trivium switch-off.

WHY CAN'T HATEBREED PLAY FOR US TOO? I hope Dan Donegan/Mike Sully/both gets AIDS so Megadeth can take Disturbed's place as headliner and then kill everybody except Testament and make it into Wacken USA. :cool:

Edit: Also, the IL date is very convenient for Mayhem because that way people who have wide music tastes (less than 1% of the people who go to Mayhem) have to pick between Lollapalooza and Mayhem. That way they can keep the hardcore kids :cool: and sell a lot of Godsmack and Suicide Silence t-shirts because like, they're the best thrash bands ever.

Steev
02-24-2011, 07:21 AM
This is all terribly depressing. First In Flames fails to perform at my date (Mountain View), and then this Hatebreed/Trivium switch-off.

WHY CAN'T HATEBREED PLAY FOR US TOO? I hope Dan Donegan/Mike Sully/both gets AIDS so Megadeth can take Disturbed's place as headliner and then kill everybody except Testament and make it into Wacken USA. :cool:

Edit: Also, the IL date is very convenient for Mayhem because that way people who have wide music tastes (less than 1% of the people who go to Mayhem) have to pick between Lollapalooza and Mayhem. That way they can keep the hardcore kids :cool: and sell a lot of Godsmack and Suicide Silence t-shirts because like, they're the best thrash bands ever.

whose Mike Sully?

Derelict
02-24-2011, 07:42 AM
whose Mike Sully?

www.google.com

jd091
02-24-2011, 08:56 AM

I would KILL to see Hatebreed over Trivium. They are so much better I can't even put it into words.

I will say that I'd prefer to see 'em by themselves, like any band on Mayhem. The whole festival atmosphere turns me off a bit.

brutal_descent
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
whose Mike Sully?

Godsmack's obnoxious singer.

JLRedWing13
02-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Mike Sully :lol:

velvetgrass
03-09-2011, 11:59 AM
So I'm planning on getting lawn seats for the Tinley Park, IL date of the Mayhem tour this year. Megadeth and Disturbed are the main reasons I want to go to this show.

Anyways, since I've never had lawn seats for a show and since I've never been to First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre or Mayhem Fest my question is: What time should I plan on getting there by to get a good spot on the lawn?

DementedX14
03-09-2011, 12:05 PM
So I'm planning on getting lawn seats for the Tinley Park, IL date of the Mayhem tour this year. Megadeth and Disturbed are the main reasons I want to go to this show.

Anyways, since I've never had lawn seats for a show and since I've never been to First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre or Mayhem Fest my question is: What time should I plan on getting there by to get a good spot on the lawn?

my guess is as soon as the door open. There are plenty of good spots on the lawn so I think it shouldn't matter too much.

illuminatus917
03-09-2011, 12:08 PM

If it's like most other venues, the lawn section to the main stage won't even open up until later in the afternoon, so you'll have plenty of time to watch some side stage bands, if you wish to do so, before having to worry about claiming your lawn space.

TonyD
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Is it just me or is announcing bands/dates months before tickets go on sale a bad idea?

illuminatus917
03-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Is it just me or is announcing bands/dates months before tickets go on sale a bad idea?

I think they lose ticket sales by doing it this way. That initial excitement of the lineup announcement wears off (for those who were excited), so those who would have bought a ticket earlier decide not to three/four months later. Plus, by April more tours have been announced, so people are considering multiple concerts and weighing their options, whereas in January Mayhem was one of the few announced tours.

I've never thought Mayhem was an intelligent festival.

Steev
03-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Godsmack's obnoxious singer.

that's definately not his name

Steev
03-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I think they lose ticket sales by doing it this way. That initial excitement of the lineup announcement wears off (for those who were excited), so those who would have bought a ticket earlier decide not to three/four months later. Plus, by April more tours have been announced, so people are considering multiple concerts and weighing their options, whereas in January Mayhem was one of the few announced tours.

I've never thought Mayhem was an intelligent festival.

I disagree, considering once again this tour has been very successful(and last year's was it's best attended so far)

they announce it first and by the time other tours get announced people have already planned on getting tickets/requested off work/etc

and judging by the way shows like Ozzfest were attended it worked out in Mayhem's favor

with people's attention spans it helps to be the 1st tour announced, people will keep that one in their minds, and unless something else really blows it away they're gonna spend their cash on that first one

the only "mistake" Mayhem has made was in '09 when they tried to have co-headliners who just toured together 2 years earlier paired up with an all death metal/deathcore stage(financially that was suicide, and that's why it was the poorest attended)

brutal_descent
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
that's definately not his name

Yes it is. Search it up.

Steev
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Yes it is. Search it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sully_Erna

done being wrong yet???

aaaaaaaaaaaanyway I think people here need to realize that when it comes to Mayhem(and especially the headliners) they people booking aren't looking at the likes of this board(we're more the reason the tour gets bands like Machine Head, Behemoth, Shadows Fall, Hatebreed, God Forbid, etc.)

there are thousands upon thousands of people that go to this that only want big names they get on the radio, so to appease the drunken unwashed masses of mallgoths, fratboys, and other subhumans you pretty much need bands like Disturbed, KoRn, Slipknot, Godsmack, and Rob Zombie

just like all the 40/50 somethings going to Ozzfest going for just Ozzy, this is just how things work

makethemsuffer12
Yes it is. Search it up.

How about you. His name is Sully Erna.

Steev

thank you

brutal_descent
03-09-2011, 01:34 PM

I got the Sully part right :lol:

Steev
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
I got the Sully part right :lol:

Im pretty sure Mike and Sully are the two characters in Monsters Inc

brutal_descent
03-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Im pretty sure Mike and Sully are the two characters in Monsters Inc

this

I hope this isn't where I got it from. :eyes:

Nick_to_the_face
03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
MDF has:
Voivod, Doom, Imp. Naz., Nunslaughter, Cathedral, Miasmal, Witchaven, Corrosion of Conformity, Exhumed, Inquisition, Coroner, Nuclear Assualt, LDoH, Dead Congregation and about 40 other bands.

Ya...fuck mayhem fest...
I wanna see Nuclear Assault

Edit: Mixed nuclear assault and nun slaughter :eyes:

illuminatus917
03-09-2011, 02:09 PM
I disagree, considering once again this tour has been very successful(and last year's was it's best attended so far)

Yeah, you might be right. Maybe it's my bias that's determining my judgement. Last year was more successful than 2009 because the artists were much more mainstream. From a business perspective, I guess that's a smart move.

with people's attention spans it helps to be the 1st tour announced, people will keep that one in their minds, and unless something else really blows it away they're gonna spend their cash on that first one

This makes no sense. Even if this were the case, it would still be perfectly reasonable to sell the tickets earlier. It would nullify the opportunity for later tour announcements to take precedent. If my assessment is correct, it would also be perfectly reasonable to sell the tickets earlier. It would allow impulse buyers to go ahead and purchase their tickets before other tour announcements could take precedent.

What other festival offers a presale before the lineup is even announced, then announces the lineup and waits four months before selling tickets?

brutal_descent
03-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Yeah, you might be right. Maybe it's my bias that's determining my judgement. Last year was more successful than 2009 because the artists were much more mainstream. From a business perspective, I guess that's a smart move.

This makes no sense. Even if this were the case, it would still be perfectly reasonable to sell the tickets earlier. It would nullify the opportunity for later tour announcements to take precedent. If my assessment is correct, it would also be perfectly reasonable to sell the tickets earlier. It would allow impulse buyers to go ahead and purchase their tickets before other tour announcements could take precedent.

What other festival offers a presale before the lineup is even announced, then announces the lineup and waits four months before selling tickets?

Warped.

illuminatus917
03-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Warped.

Does it? I wasn't aware. Don't really keep up with that festival.

No festival I'm familiar with does it this way.

Steev
03-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Warped.

yep, and Warped has been going on for over 15 years now(and have ties to Mayhem and Uproar)

Kevin Lyman knows his shit and knows how to move tickets, the only "failure" Id say was Taste Of Chaos(the last year bombed and thats why we now have Uproar, but the tour still does well overseas)

he's built a brand with these festivals, and people are confident enough with what he does to buy tickets ahead of time(and truth be told when the actual presale happens the lineup is out, the Holiday thing was a small number of tickets)

illuminatus917
03-09-2011, 02:24 PM
people are confident enough with what he does to buy tickets ahead of time

No intelligent spender buys a ticket for a festival whose lineup is yet to be announced, or, officialized.

brutal_descent
03-09-2011, 02:27 PM
No intelligent spender buys a ticket for a festival whose lineup is yet to be announced, or, officialized.

Or else he ends up paying beforehand for something shitty like Disturbed, Godsmack, and Suicide Silence.

Oh wait :lol:

Steev
03-09-2011, 02:33 PM

well they sold thousands of Warped and Mayhem tickets in that Holiday presale

illuminatus917
03-09-2011, 02:37 PM
well they sold thousands of Warped and Mayhem tickets in that Holiday presale

It's a moot point. My point was as read: no intelligent spender buys a ticket for a festival whose lineup has not yet been announced. Those thousands are certainly no exception.

Steev
03-09-2011, 03:09 PM
It's a moot point. My point was as read: no intelligent spender buys a ticket for a festival whose lineup has not yet been announced. Those thousands are certainly no exception.

look at my previous statement, it's not like these are tours no one has heard of

hell Wacken sells thousands upon thousands of tickets before the lineup is announced completely

slapguitarer
04-04-2011, 05:42 PM
So Unearth and Suicide Silence are doing some co-headlining off dates with All Shall Perish and Red Fang as support

7.11 @ Hawthorne Theater (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/06
7.18 @ Granada Theater (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/0
7.25 @ The Lost Horizon (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/09
7.26 @ Club Texas (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale Today
8.04 @ Peabody’s (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/08
8.11 @ New Daisy Theatre (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/09

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/unearth-official/summer-off-date-from-mayhem-shows-confirmed/10150203406453142

Nick_to_the_face
04-04-2011, 07:38 PM
So Unearth and Suicide Silence are doing some co-headlining off dates with All Shall Perish and Red Fang as support

7.11 @ Hawthorne Theater (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/06
7.25 @ The Lost Horizon (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/09
7.26 @ Club Texas (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale Today
8.11 @ New Daisy Theatre (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/09

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/unearth-official/summer-off-date-from-mayhem-shows-confirmed/10150203406453142

Pisses me off, because if In Flames, we get this. But it's all good, I really wanna see Unearth again :rocker:

300%_Density
04-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Pisses me off, because if In Flames, we get this. But it's all good, I really wanna see Unearth again :rocker:

Haha. Suicide Silence in Lawrence = comedic gold

MPF
04-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Haha. Suicide Silence = comedic gold

Haha, so true!

Nick_to_the_face
04-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Haha. Suicide Silence in Lawrence = comedic gold

I could care less about those fuckers. Funny though, last time I saw them, no one moved a damn muscle for them. Laughed my ass off :lol:
Then everyone went apeshit for Megadeth :fist:

kommie
04-04-2011, 08:45 PM
I could care less about those fuckers. Funny though, last time I saw them, no one moved a damn muscle for them. Laughed my ass off :lol:
Then everyone went apeshit for Megadeth :fist:

Something like this happened first time I saw Amon Amarth in 2007, only the band was Sonic Syndicate and 99.99% of the crowd literally sat down. It apparently happened at a lot of the dates. Worst band I've ever sat through, literally.

mankvill
04-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Thought that'd be the one in Texas, but this definitely is NOT the off-date I wanted. Grumble grumble.

jd091
04-04-2011, 10:49 PM

Awesome! Unearth is a great band, I'll definitely hit this up. My friends and I are driving from Cleveland to Pittsburgh to hit up Mayhem, glad we get something a little closer to home, too.

mastodon421
04-05-2011, 05:08 AM
Thought that'd be the one in Texas, but this definitely is NOT the off-date I wanted. Grumble grumble.

Isn't Kansas City getting an In Flames off date?

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Isn't Kansas City getting an In Flames off date?

Yeah, but I'm fucked.
21+ :(

Natrlhi
04-05-2011, 10:05 AM

8.04 @ Peabody’s (Co-headline with SUICIDE SILENCE) – On Sale 4/08...aaaaannnd Unearth continue to tour with shitty bands (Red Fang excluded, of course) - so I'll be missing them yet again. I'm really starting to not care about seeing Unearth live anymore, since they can't seem to tour with a band or two that's not fucking awful.

brutal_descent
04-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Suicide Silence is the worst band I have ever seen live.

Even worse than the modern Guns N' Roses.

Even worse than Limp Bizkit.

jd091
04-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Suicide Silence is the worst band I have ever seen live.

Even worse than the modern Guns N' Roses.

Even worse than Limp Bizkit.

Worse than Asking Alexandria?

brutal_descent
04-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Worse than Asking Alexandria?

I have yet to see Asking Alexandria.

I'm afraid my friend will make me see them although, taking friends to Warped isn't always a good idea :eyes:

combustion07
04-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah, but I'm fucked.
21+ :(

Same here. Not a big deal for me though considering I only like their first few albums still would've went though.

jd091
04-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I have yet to see Asking Alexandria.

I'm afraid my friend will make me see them although, taking friends to Warped isn't always a good idea :eyes:

Yeah, they were direct support for All That Remains last year and it was absolutely terrible. Everyone in the crowd seemed to love them; I really don't know why. Limp Bizkit is pretty terrible live also; I really can't imagine Suicide Silence being worse... I guess I'll just wait and see.

makethemsuffer12
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
...aaaaannnd Unearth continue to tour with shitty bands (Red Fang excluded, of course) - so I'll be missing them yet again. I'm really starting to not care about seeing Unearth live anymore, since they can't seem to tour with a band or two that's not fucking awful.

All Shall Perish aren't bad at all.

llama lom
04-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Yeah, they were direct support for All That Remains last year and it was absolutely terrible. Everyone in the crowd seemed to love them; I really don't know why. Limp Bizkit is pretty terrible live also; I really can't imagine Suicide Silence being worse... I guess I'll just wait and see.

The one time I saw Suicide Silence, I actually had fun. They can get the crowd moving, but whether it's actual moshing or hardcore dancing, it's really random.

mankvill
04-05-2011, 01:25 PM
wait, what? in flames is doing an off-date here?

Nick_to_the_face
04-05-2011, 01:32 PM
wait, what? in flames is doing an off-date here?

Yup...and YOU, you lucky fucker, can go :mad:

mankvill
04-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Yup...and YOU, you lucky fucker, can go :mad:

Well, that's a perdicament.

Unearth (entertaining live, not bad)
Suicide Silence (AIDS)
All Shall Perish (I don't like 'em)
Red Fang (awesome)

or

In Flames (I think it'd be cool to see them live)
Trivium (kind of entertaining live)
Kingdom Of Sorrow (might be entertaining live?)
Straight Line Stitch (I don't like 'em)

Which to choose!

combustion07
04-05-2011, 02:06 PM

Suicide Silence (AIDS)
Red Fang (awesome)

or

Which to choose!

I'd go for the Unearth, All Shall Perish and Red Fang show.

mastodon421
04-05-2011, 02:11 PM

Suicide Silence (AIDS)
Red Fang (awesome)

or

Which to choose!

It's kind of a toss up, but I would go with the Unearth show. I do have a bit of biast because I despise Trivium and Straight Line Stitch.

mankvill
04-05-2011, 02:11 PM
I'd go for the Unearth, All Shall Perish and Red Fang show.

If you're under 21, that's the only one you can go to!

I actually might try and do the In Flames show. I've always thought they'd be cool to see and I just listened to Kingdom of Sorrow and they aren't bad.

combustion07
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Never really given Kingdom of Sorrow a chance but I know it features members of Crowbar and Hatebreed so it should make for a fun show. I seen Hatebreed last year with LoG and 3IOB and Jamey knows how to work up a crowd. I know Trivium catches a lot of shit but I think songs like To the Rats would be a blast live.

AnthG
04-05-2011, 02:27 PM
I saw Suicide Silence once. In 2007 when they opened for Unearth. Those dudes can fucking headbang. And Wake Up isn't too shabby of a song.

makethemsuffer12
04-05-2011, 02:46 PM

Suicide Silence (AIDS)
Red Fang (awesome)

or

Which to choose!

Hmmm. Well Unearth are awesome live, but you got two bands on there that you aren't crazy about. In Flames are good live but they're set will more than likely be just newer stuff (aka suck). Trivium are better than ever now when it comes to being a live band, KOS are pretty good live (though it they weren't as good without Kirk at Ozzfest), and SLS are lame.

I'd personally go to In Flames. It overall seems like a better lineup.

Motograter_Ghost
04-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Seeing Trivium live is what made me fall in love with drums :) I cant play drums for sh't but they do make my heart flutter and give me a perma smile :)

NickLed19
04-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Go to In Flames, KOS, and Trivium. The other one has 2 lame ass deathcore bands.