PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 12:03 PM
That same article also said that the dates were still rumored and not confirmed, but they already fixed that one.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 12:09 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152776

Here's Blabbermouth's article on it. They're saying that Disturbed, Godsmack, and Megadeth on the main stage. They're also saying that Machine Head, Trivium, and In Flames are rotating for the main stage opener slot. Confirmed side stage bands are: SUICIDE SILENCE, UNEARTH, STRAIGHT LINE STITCH, ALL SHALL PERISH, KINGDOM OF SORROW.

And it also says the lineup date has been postponed until January 31st, idk where they got that.

Other than straight line stitch and godsmack its looking to be a killer year :rocker:

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 12:13 PM
Disturbed, Suicide Silence, Straight Line Stitch, GODSMACK, Trivium, Machine Head =

:hecho::bouville::barf: :(

Yeah....2009 had the best line up....:hmm:

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Disturbed, Suicide Silence, Straight Line Stitch, GODSMACK, Trivium, Machine Head =

:hecho::bouville::barf: :(

Yeah....2009 had the best line up....:hmm:

..........YOU DON'T LIKE MACHINE HEAD?!?!?!

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 12:19 PM
..........YOU DON'T LIKE MACHINE HEAD?!?!?!

Nope. I have Seen Machine Head twice in concert and both times I found them very annoying, and shitty. The 2nd time I saw them I was pretty much half asleep:hmm:

Sorrrrrieeee:hecho:

mastodon421
01-25-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152776

Here's Blabbermouth's article on it. They're saying that Disturbed, Godsmack, and Megadeth on the main stage. They're also saying that Machine Head, Trivium, and In Flames are rotating for the main stage opener slot. Confirmed side stage bands are: SUICIDE SILENCE, UNEARTH, STRAIGHT LINE STITCH, ALL SHALL PERISH, KINGDOM OF SORROW.

And it also says the lineup date has been postponed until January 31st, idk where they got that.

The rotating Main Stage thing doesn't make any sense to me. Are the other two that don't play Main Stage headline the Side Stages?

mankvill
01-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Nope. I have Seen Machine Head twice in concert and both times I found them very annoying, and shitty. The 2nd time I saw them I was pretty much half asleep:hmm:

Sorrrrrieeee:hecho:

Sheesh, I said I didn't like Machine Head a while back and I got chewed the fuck out.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 12:24 PM
The rotating Main Stage thing doesn't make any sense to me. Are the other two that don't play Main Stage headline the Side Stages?

Maybe they might like make it where they rotate positions like ozzfest and reduce the side stage to one stage. Just a guess.

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe they might like make it where they rotate positions like ozzfest and reduce the side stage to one stage. Just a guess.

No they have too many bands to do that. I'm guessing the side stage headliners/main stage opener will be on a rotation.

jd091
01-25-2011, 12:36 PM
I'm still waiting for the big death metal/black metal band to appear. I told my friend about this lineup, and his first reaction is, "Where the fuck are my Behemoths at?!"

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm still waiting for the big death metal/black metal band to appear. I told my friend about this lineup, and his first reaction is, "Where the fuck are my Behemoths at?!"

Well they didn't have one in 2010...

mastodon421
01-25-2011, 12:39 PM

If there is one at all, it's Dimmu Borgir.

jd091
01-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Well they didn't have one in 2010...

That is true...

If there is one at all, it's Dimmu Borgir.

...and this is probably true, too...

Dammit. I just wish there was ONE legit awesome band on the lineup from extreme metal, like Suffocation or Vader or something. Probably will never happen.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 12:52 PM
No they have too many bands to do that. I'm guessing the side stage headliners/main stage opener will be on a rotation.

Possibility.

kommie
01-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Demon Burger haven't been black metal in a long time

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 01:36 PM
Demon Burger haven't been black metal in a long time

this

velvetgrass
01-25-2011, 02:08 PM
I would want to go if the rumors are true that Megadeth and Disturbed are on the same bill. Can somebody tell me how much the price range has been for tickets to Mayhem Festival in the past? Just wanna know the typical price range because I don't want to get my hopes up if it's too expensive.

DisposableJustice
01-25-2011, 02:12 PM
I would want to go if the rumors are true that Megadeth and Disturbed are on the same bill. Can somebody tell me how much the price range has been for tickets to Mayhem Festival in the past? Just wanna know the typical price range because I don't want to get my hopes up if it's too expensive.

I think that livenation will offer the $10 lawn ticket deal again; that's the way to go if you don't mind the lawn

velvetgrass
01-25-2011, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a good deal but I don't know if I would like the lawn. How much are the cheapest seats usually (i.e. the 200s or something like that)?

NickLed19
01-25-2011, 02:35 PM
The seats are usually like $75 or 80, right?

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Sounds like a good deal but I don't know if I would like the lawn. How much are the cheapest seats usually (i.e. the 200s or something like that)?

Well i was in the cheap seats last year and they were about $45. Thats without service fees. Gotta love service fees :hmm:

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 03:04 PM
If this really is the line-up, I'm going to be sad. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 03:08 PM
If this really is the line-up, I'm going to be sad. We'll know for sure tomorrow.

Whats there to know?

It's official man. Its going to be Disturbed/Godsmack/Megadeth headlining the main stage. Wolverinekills has been pretty legit and spot on for quite awhile now(he was the one that told everyone that the big 4 would be one date show before it was revealed officially).

Plus didn't you read the blabbermouth post made by Xenocide?

I'm definitely not going to this. The only way I would go to this is if Megadeth plays "Peace sells....but whos buying?" in its entirety :rocker:

TonyD
01-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I think that livenation will offer the $10 lawn ticket deal again; that's the way to go if you don't mind the lawn
I'd go too at that price, but good luck

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Whats there to know?

It's official man. Its going to be Disturbed/Godsmack/Megadeth headlining the main stage. Wolverinekills has been pretty legit and spot on for quite awhile now(he was the one that told everyone that the big 4 would be one date show before it was revealed officially).

Plus didn't you read the blabbermouth post made by Xenocide?

I'm definitely not going to this. The only way I would go to this is if Megadeth plays "Peace sells....but whos buying?" in its entirety :rocker:

I know.

I just don't want to believe that the line-up is this bad. :bouville:

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 03:23 PM
I know.

I just don't want to believe that the line-up is this bad. :bouville:

Me too :(

if you ask me......they should get rid of Godsmack, Disturbed and Machine Head, and Replace them with
Metallica
Slayer
Anthrax......

And get rid of all the other bands.....but still keep megadeth

:D:D:tongue::tongue:;)

DisposableJustice
01-25-2011, 03:27 PM
Me too :(

if you ask me......they should get rid of Godsmack, Disturbed and Machine Head, and Replace them with
Metallica
Slayer
Anthrax......

And get rid of all the other bands.....but still keep megadeth

:D:D:tongue::tongue:;)

:party:

That's why they keep you around here:)

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:28 PM
well I like most of the bands so Ill go and have a good time

but the people on Facebook need to shut the fuck up, seriously they're too stupid to know what bands aren't even remotely possible and now they do nothing but piss and moan about the lineup

bunch of miserable ingrates, the people running this owe the public nothing

Im not saying everyone has to like it, but fuck being a miserable jackass about it doesn't change anything, and for the record anyone that actually belives Tool, Rammstein, or System Of A Down were actually rumored are fucking retarded

Travis The Dragon
01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
well I like most of the bands so Ill go and have a good time

but the people on Facebook need to shut the fuck up, seriously they're too stupid to know what bands aren't even remotely possible and now they do nothing but piss and moan about the lineup

bunch of miserable ingrates, the people running this owe the public nothing

Im not saying everyone has to like it, but fuck being a miserable jackass about it doesn't change anything, and for the record anyone that actually belives Tool, Rammstein, or System Of A Down were actually rumored are fucking retardedhttp://16thandhighland.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/chill-pill.gif?w=215&h=196

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:33 PM
http://16thandhighland.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/chill-pill.gif?w=215&h=196

just getting it out, I went on FB and my head wanted to explode

seriously these people can't even spell or lay off the caps lock

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Considering it's Mayhem Festival, I'm happy with the line-up. The thing that's so disappointing to me is that it's only the 4th tour and they're bringing back like 4 bands. There are so many other bands they could choose from. If they could get rid of Disturbed, Suicide Silence, and Trivium and keep Machine Head, I'd be peachy. Also, the fact that Godsmack and Disturbed are headlining over Megadeth just really makes me sad and mad. :mad::flame:

Either way, I'll be going to this because my dad really likes Godsmack, so I'll just make the best of it.

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
ok someone just posted this
http://mayhemfest.com/rmf/images/bands/

so the Twelve bands are:
Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth
Machine Head
Trivium
In Flames
Suicide Silence
Kingdom of Sorrow
Unearth
All Shall Perish
Straight Line Stitch
Red Fang

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Megadeth opening up for Disturbed and Godsmack is like Metallica Opening up for the Jonas Brothers and Miley Ray Cyrus :hecho:

Sanitarium78
01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
and for the record anyone that actually belives Tool, Rammstein, or System Of A Down were actually rumored are fucking retarded

Well, all these bands WERE rumored to be on it. Especially SOAD, so maybe those people aren't the "retarded" ones after all.

Disregard the first post in this thread because it's obvious the OP edited it to make it up to date. But just skim through the rest of this thread and see what everyone was saying before the lineup was official.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
ok someone just posted this
http://mayhemfest.com/rmf/images/bands/

so the Twelve bands are:
Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth
Machine Head
Trivium
In Flames
Suicide Silence
Kingdom of Sorrow
Unearth
All Shall Perish
Straight Line Stitch
Red Fang

Who the fuck is red fang :confused:

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Well, all these bands WERE rumored to be on it. Especially SOAD, so maybe those people aren't the "retarded" ones after all.

none of these were rumored, not only were two never even mentioned to be touring this year, one just reformed and that was pretty much the only reason anyone thought they were on it

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Who the fuck is red fang :confused:

dunno but they were on Adult Swim's metal comp that came out a few months back

seem pretty legit

Statutory-Mike
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
does not want

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 03:45 PM
dunno but they were on Adult Swim's metal comp that came out a few months back

seem pretty legit

Oh...better not be some deathcore/hardcore band. I want AT LEAST one deathmetal or black metal band there.

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 03:46 PM
EDIT: Fuck, didn't see that it was already posted.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Checked out red fang. Progressive metal i guess? Sounds a little bit like mastodon. Not rlly though.

Sanitarium78
none of these were rumored

Yes, they were and i'm through discussing this with you.

Steev
Just checked the Mayhem message boards. They have a directory with the pictures of the bands. The twelfth band is Red Fang.

beat you to it ;)

anyway from the bands site(havent heard yet) seems like they could be a band similar to Kylesa, Baroness, Saviours, Coliseum, etc

and that's very cool IMO

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
none of these were rumored, not only were two never even mentioned to be touring this year, one just reformed and that was pretty much the only reason anyone thought they were on it

Soad was rumored. I heard they asked for too much money and mayhem pretty much said fuck you.

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Yes, they were and i'm through discussing this with you.

a band who has no need to do festivals and a band who havent done a full US tour in a decade, wow, yeah that makes them reeeeeeeal likely

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
Soad was rumored. I heard they asked for too much money and mayhem pretty much said fuck you.

as they should

honestly they don't need them as much as people think, SOAD started seeing dollar signs and that's what fucked them up in the first place

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 03:51 PM
as they should

honestly they don't need them as much as people think, SOAD started seeing dollar signs and that's what fucked them up in the first place

Couldnt agree with you anymore. There only back cause they needed money. The guitarists said it.

Steev
01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
also I know the stage names are up, don't count on the "Extreme" stage staying that way, remember the "Silver Star" stage wasn't named that right away last year

anyway now that 10 bands are on honestly I'm really happy with it, seems like a solid mix and enough established names

it'll be a good time(plus I already have a Pit ticket so that's a bonus)

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Ill go for disturbed, megadeth, machine head, suicide silence, kingdom of sorrow, trivium, in flames and unearth. Everyother band is meh. At least there isnt one bad band in my opinion this year.

IrritatedTrout
01-25-2011, 03:57 PM
I might get a $10 lawn ticket for Virginia Beach to see Megadeth if they play a song or two I've never seen. However, it should be noted that this lineup, like every Mayhem lineup, is 90% trash.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Oh...better not be some deathcore/hardcore band. I want AT LEAST one deathmetal or black metal band there.

Nah, Red Fang is Southern Metal. They're better than any deathcore band out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRKRFjm-HA

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 03:59 PM
I actually enjoy quite a few bands on this years lineup. Red Fang were a pleasant surprise for me. I'm glad they chose them instead of another metalcore band.

The next thing i'm curious about is what side attractions they'll have this year.

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
I might get a $10 lawn ticket for Virginia Beach to see Megadeth if they play a song or two I've never seen. However, it should be noted that this lineup, like every Mayhem lineup, is 90% trash.

Say what you will, but 2009 had the best line up. Mayhem Fest 2009 was my first and most likely will stay as the only Mayhem fest that I attended. And its best that I keep it that way:hecho:

Even for 10 dollars I don't think I could handle Suicide Silence, Straight Line Stitch, Trivium, Machine Head, Kingdom of Sorrow, Godsmack and Disturb. I might shoot my self point-blank in the head before Megadeth hits the stage

SCION ROCK FEST > mayhem fest 2011 :rocker:

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Nah, Red Fang is Southern Metal. They're better than any deathcore band out there. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuRKRFjm-HA

Yeah i heard them Not that bad. Could be a suprise this year. But for me sounds like a piss break band:cool:

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm still thinking Summer Slaughter will destroy this lineup though :rocker:

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
I wish I could go to Scion Rock Festival. :bouville:

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 04:09 PM
I wish I could go to Scion Rock Festival. :bouville:

:D I got my ticket for that

Lets see....

Mayhem Fest
Disturbed
Godsmack
Trivium
Straight Line Stitch
Suicide Silence
Machine Head
Kingdom of Sorrow....bLAH no need to go on..
vs
Scion Rock Fest
Morbid Angel
Death Angel
Obituary
Atheist
Immolation
Municipal Waste
I can go on but those bands alone pretty much rapes and demolishes the Gayhem fest line up

RAZOR
01-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I know Summer Slaughter will destroy this lineup though :rocker:

I fixed that for you.

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 04:16 PM
As for Summer Slaughter, I'm leaning more towards Skeletontits than 1349 at this point. They already pulled out of Wacken, and i'm assuming it has something to do with this.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah i heard them Not that bad. Could be a suprise this year. But for me sounds like a piss break band:cool:

No no no no. You've got it all wrong. Suicide Silence is a piss break band. This is a band that'd be good to see.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 04:19 PM
No no no no. You've got it all wrong. Suicide Silence is a piss break band. This is a band that'd be good to see.

i honestly like suicide silence.

IrritatedTrout
01-25-2011, 04:26 PM
Say what you will, but 2009 had the best line up. Mayhem Fest 2009 was my first and most likely will stay as the only Mayhem fest that I attended. And its best that I keep it that way:hecho:

Even for 10 dollars I don't think I could handle Suicide Silence, Straight Line Stitch, Trivium, Machine Head, Kingdom of Sorrow, Godsmack and Disturb. I might shoot my self point-blank in the head before Megadeth hits the stage

Yeah, 09 was definitely the best lineup.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 04:27 PM
i honestly like suicide silence.

Well then.... that took a turn for the worst.

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm definitely going. I'm more worried about my inability to sign into the Mayhem Forums.

RAZOR
01-25-2011, 04:32 PM
I'm definitely going. I'm more worried about my inability to sign into the Mayhem Forums.

:lol: Why?

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Well then.... that took a turn for the worst.

One of the few deathcore bands i like.

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 04:37 PM
:lol: Why?

BECAUSE I'M ADDICTED DAMMIT

masterguy49
01-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Well Xenocide, most likely means your account is dead XD. Regardless I like this line-up more than last year. I mean the two worst bands this year(in my opinion) are way better than last years worst bands. Stop complaining, it's not that bad! Don't like it don't go. In Flames barely comes to South Florida so I can't miss this. Regardless 09 is still the shit.

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 04:38 PM
All Shall Perish > Suicide Silence

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Well Xenocide, most likely means your account is dead XD. Regardless I like this line-up more than last year. I mean the two worst bands this year(in my opinion) are way better than last years worst bands. Stop complaining, it's not that bad! Don't like it don't go. In Flames barely comes to South Florida so I can't miss this. Regardless 09 is still the shit.

I tried signing in with Metallica720 and it didn't work. I made 2 others and neither of them work. AHRG

RAZOR
01-25-2011, 04:39 PM
BECAUSE I'M ADDICTED DAMMIT

The first step to recovery is admitting you're addicted...

but in all honesty, I can't log in either.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 04:40 PM

This

velvetgrass
01-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I beg to differ with those who are saying (if the rumors are true) that this years Mayhem lineup isn't as good.

For me it's 2 times better. In 2008 there was one band on the bill I was heavily into (Slayer) and in 2009 there was also only one band I was heavily into (Korn). This year (if true) two bands I am heavily into (Megadeth and Disturbed) are on the bill making it double time kickass.

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 04:42 PM
I beg to differ with those who are saying (if the rumors are true) that this years Mayhem lineup isn't as good.

For me it's 2 times better. In 2008 there was one band on the bill I was heavily into (Slayer) and in 2009 there was also only one band I was heavily into (Korn). This year (if true) two bands I am heavily into (Megadeth and Disturbed) are on the bill making it double time kickass.

1 year off bro.

velvetgrass
01-25-2011, 04:44 PM
1 year off bro.

Oh yeah you're right. I keep thinking it's 2010, lol. I meant 2009 and 2010.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I tried signing in with Metallica720 and it didn't work. I made 2 others and neither of them work. AHRG

Well if you can't get back on, I'll make a thread to honor you.

masterguy49
01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
All Shall Perish > Suicide Silence

I agree completely. But wait a few days and let the forums get fixed. Regardless like I said I'm completely fine with this line up. I love 3/4 bands on the line-up which hasnt happened since 09. But I loved every band on 09, with the exception of 1 or 2.

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Well if you can't get back on, I'll make a thread to honor you.

I think this cue for me to leave. Time to get a life again. lol

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 05:08 PM
I think this cue for me to leave. Time to get a life again. lol

You can have a forum life and a IRL life. I manage to pull both off. Don't leave. ;_________;

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 05:21 PM
You can have a forum life and a IRL life. I manage to pull both off. Don't leave. ;_________;

lol I'll come back when it lets me.

jd091
01-25-2011, 05:28 PM

Dude, Morbid Angel alone is better than all the Mayhem bands put together!

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
lol I'll come back when it lets me.

Well I'd wait a little bit because the Mayhem forums are currently broken.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Dude, Morbid Angel alone is better than all the Mayhem bands put together!

I'm pretty sure Megadeth > Morbid Angel. But otherwise, I'd agree with that statement.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
I have a few more details at vdob.blogspot.com

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I have a few more details at vdob.blogspot.com

Can never thank you enough wolverine :rocker:

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Extreme Stage?
:bouville:

NecroRob
01-25-2011, 05:36 PM
Red Fang? Can't say I saw that one coming.

Xenocide
01-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Red Fang? Can't say I saw that one coming.

Neither did I but I like what I hear.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Yeah, it seems that Red Fang is the 3IOB band this year. Which means that Skeletonwitch probably isn't going to be at Mayhem.... :bouville:

AnataFan4Life
01-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah, it seems that Red Fang is the 3IOB band this year. Which means that Skeletonwitch probably isn't going to be at Mayhem.... :bouville:

But this also means they may play Summer Slaughter :rocker:

Steev
01-25-2011, 05:57 PM
yeah definately digging Red Fang

nice suprise and glad to see Relapse has some bands on this year

Northern_Shaman
01-25-2011, 05:58 PM

WHY?! I still don't understand why people want one or two good bands to be added to this tour. I prefer it when there are tours with absolutely NO bands I'm interested in seeing. This makes it more likely that bands I am interested in seeing will tour together.

Here's to Skeletonwitch being on Summer Slaughter!

Steev
01-25-2011, 06:01 PM
on the FB page, it amazes me how many people bypass the other 10 bands and complain about Disturbed and Godsmack only

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 06:06 PM
on the FB page, it amazes me how many people bypass the other 10 bands and complain about Disturbed and Godsmack only

People like to complain about the headliners for some reason.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Well that's because for most people, the headliners determines whether they're going or not.

Steev
01-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Well that's because for most people, the headliners determines whether they're going or not.

yeah but according to them no one on the tour is heavy because of this

and that's moronic

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 06:12 PM
yeah but according to them no one on the tour is heavy because of this

and that's moronic

People just cant agree on anything nowadays. Everything is bitched and complain about. You watch this festival will be a fan favorite like "Oh disturbed and godsmack blew me away" Happened last year.

larvtard
01-25-2011, 06:13 PM
People like to complain about the headliners for some reason.

Yeah, headliners usually play the longest

Steev
01-25-2011, 06:14 PM
People just cant agree on anything nowadays. Everything is bitched and complain about. You watch this festival will be a fan favorite like "Oh disturbed and godsmack blew me away" Happened last year.

well once again 2010 was the most successful year so far, and that was the year where people pissed and moan(and still do) about that lineup

basically people are idiots sometimes

Shadowswillfall414
01-25-2011, 06:15 PM
well once again 2010 was the most successful year so far, and that was the year where people pissed and moan(and still do) about that lineup

basically people are idiots sometimes

Deff true.

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Well you gotta keep in mind that the people who post on the forums don't reflect all the people who go to the fest.

Steev
01-25-2011, 06:17 PM
Well you gotta keep in mind that the people who post on the forums don't reflect all the people who go to the fest.

I mean I know that, it just amazes me how stupid these people can be

they expect every band they ever heard of to be on and then get pissy when the real things released

Nick_to_the_face
01-25-2011, 07:05 PM
I...eh..really don't know what to say about this...Disturbed and Godsmack headlining over MegaDave????why do such atrocities happen? guess there isn't much we can do. Either way, i'm not sure if I am going or not, considering i will have to drive 3 hours for this. I love MegaDave, Machine Head, Unearth, Trivium, and In Flames and Kos is ok...
still not sure if i wanna go..

Steev
01-25-2011, 07:51 PM
I...eh..really don't know what to say about this...Disturbed and Godsmack headlining over MegaDave????why do such atrocities happen? guess there isn't much we can do. Either way, i'm not sure if I am going or not, considering i will have to drive 3 hours for this. I love MegaDave, Machine Head, Unearth, Trivium, and In Flames and Kos is ok...
still not sure if i wanna go..

$$$$$$

Disturbed and Godsmack are more mainstream and sell alot of albums/tickets

meanwhile having 2 bands that big has allowed them to get diverse with the bands and IMO put together an interesting package

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 07:57 PM
$$$$$$

Disturbed and Godsmack are more mainstream and sell alot of albums/tickets

meanwhile having 2 bands that big has allowed them to get diverse with the bands and IMO put together an interesting package

:hmm: Not exactly much of a diverse package...

Steev
01-25-2011, 08:12 PM
:hmm: Not exactly much of a diverse package...

Godsmack, In Flames, Machine Head, Red Fang, Suicide Silence

I mean IMO that's pretty diverse

slapguitarer
01-25-2011, 08:19 PM
Godsmack, In Flames, Machine Head, Red Fang, Suicide Silence

I mean IMO that's pretty diverse

By Mayhem Standards, it is. I see your point. Upon further speculation, I've come to the conclusion that this line-up will be rather enjoyable.

mankvill
01-25-2011, 08:24 PM
If Red Fang is actually on Mayhem, I really commend them and am really surprised at the risk they're taking.

Steev
01-25-2011, 08:27 PM
If Red Fang is actually on Mayhem, I really commend them and am really surprised at the risk they're taking.

Definately keeps things interesting, actually I've been kinda hoping Baroness would do Mayhem

mankvill
01-25-2011, 09:08 PM
http://mayhemfest.com/rmf/images/bands/all/

Sepultura69
01-25-2011, 09:12 PM
Wolverine was spot on about most of the bands for this year. Nice job man:rocker:

mankvill
01-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Great:

Red Fang
Megadeth

Good:

Unearth
In Flames

Don't Care:

Godsmack
Trivium
Kingdom Of Sorrow
All Shall Perish

Bad:

Straight Line Stitch
Disturbed

Fucking horrendous:

Suicide Silence

NecroRob
01-25-2011, 10:57 PM
I might go to this for shits and gigs if some friends are down. I'm at least a casual fan of 5 of these bands.

MPF
01-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Wow, Red Fang? THey are the red-headed setp-child of this tour. But that's what makes them fucking awesome.

DisposableJustice
01-25-2011, 11:09 PM
I might go to this for shits and gigs if some friends are down. I'm at least a casual fan of 5 of these bands.

This; plus if tickets are cheap enough even better

jd091
01-25-2011, 11:30 PM
This; plus if tickets are cheap enough even better

Unearth and In Flames would be worth a lawn ticket price for me.

NickLed19
01-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Maybe lawn for me, doubt this awful lineup is worth the 4 hour trip though.

Indestructible
01-26-2011, 02:32 AM
Who is Red Fang?

kommie
01-26-2011, 03:27 AM
this is the worst year yet.

imanidiot777
01-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Not too bad, not too good. I don't mind seeing Disturbed on a big stage, they at least have a good stage show. Megadeth live is great. Always wanted to see Machine Head. In Flames is not bad and I still haven't seen them live. I'm wondering about how Godsmack will be.

Trivium I have never really liked but they will have a new album out by then that they claim is "the one". So who knows.

Steev
01-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Im really starting to feel like if people hate this lineup so much(same as last year) that this isnt really the tour for them and they shouldnt even be bothering with it

I mean hell 2008 was the least "heavy" and no one complains about that

NecroRob
01-26-2011, 05:40 AM
Im really starting to feel like if people hate this lineup so much(same as last year) that this isnt really the tour for them and they shouldnt even be bothering with it

I mean hell 2008 was the least "heavy" and no one complains about that

That's because the tour was new in 2008, so a lot of people when they saw the lineup just dismissed the tour as a whole. There wasn't any disappointment because there wasn't a standard set yet. Then they came out in 2009 with bands like Cannibal Corpse and Slayer so those same people were like "woah, I might have to pay attention to this tour now!" Then 2010 happened.

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 05:46 AM
Yeah people keep expecting another 2009 tour every year, when they're never going to get it, because that year had lower ticket sales than the others.

GWAR654
01-26-2011, 07:17 AM
this line up fucking sucks. why the hell would megadeath want to be on this huh? I like godsmack and disturbed but where the fuck is some death metal or black metal huh? god damnit this seems like a bad year. but im most likely going....

makethemsuffer12
01-26-2011, 07:20 AM
this line up fucking sucks. why the hell would megadeath want to be on this huh? I like godsmack and disturbed but where the fuck is some death metal or black metal huh? god damnit this seems like a bad year. but im most likely going....

http://forum.i3d.net/attachments/counter-strike-1-6/943168019d1240763972-sourcebans-facepalm21.jpg

Steev
01-26-2011, 07:33 AM
The announcement was actually postponed

Seriously.........

Nick_to_the_face
01-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Not too bad, not too good. I don't mind seeing Disturbed on a big stage, they at least have a good stage show. Megadeth live is great. Always wanted to see Machine Head. In Flames is not bad and I still haven't seen them live. I'm wondering about how Godsmack will be.

Trivium I have never really liked but they will have a new album out by then that they claim is "the one". So who knows.

Once, you've seen Disturbed once, you've seen them, they come, "hurr we 're Disturbed and we're famous, here some songs" thats who is and I don't give a shit about them or Godsmack anymore. The first time you see Godsmack, you will think, "Damn that was pretty good", but after thats its all the same, plus their music annoys me anymore.

Machine Head is great live and I'm really looking forward to seeing them again, and In Flames has come to KC once before, 6 years ago so I'm going with some friends on a 3 hour drive to go to this..
pretty sure i'm leaving after Mega-Dave

Sanitarium78
01-26-2011, 08:02 AM
why the hell would megadeath want to be on this huh?

:money::money::money:

The complaining about no black or death metal bands is fuckin stupid. Extreme metal fans make up a very small portion of the metal concert going crowd. Those few people coming out to the Mayhem shows isn't gonna have much effect on their bottom line at the end of the tour and you're kidding yourself if you think it does?

2009 wasn't the lowest grossing year because they had bands like CC and Behemoth. It was because they had an awful headliner in Manson. He had a following and mainstream appeal in 2000 but that ended a few years later. He was beyond relevant or an appealing act in 2009 and shame on the promoters for not realizing that.

As for this year, I like Disturbed but they've done way too many festivals and are wearing out their welcome with them. Godsmack sucks but at least them and Disturbed will still bring people out. Megadeth is a nice little compliment to the lineup and gives the festival more credibility by having their name on it, just like Slayer did two years ago.

BloodoftheKings
01-26-2011, 08:08 AM
they had an awful headliner in Manson. He had a following and mainstream appeal in 2000 but that ended a few years later. He was beyond relevant or an appealing act in 2009 and shame on the promoters for not realizing that.

Korn is also out dated and no body really gives a shit about them anymore but that tour seemed to do well.

EDIT: Starting to think of it who the fuck cares about Godsmack? Seems like the only time they got a headliner who was still in their prime was 2008.

Steev
01-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Korn is also out dated and no body really gives a shit about them anymore but that tour seemed to do well.

EDIT: Starting to think of it who the fuck cares about Godsmack? Seems like the only time they got a headliner who was still in their prime was 2008.

KoRn and Godsmack still play large venues and sell A LOT of albums(Godsmack's last album still debut at number 1 despite no tour to support it)

Just because you don't think they're relevant anymore doesn't mean its true

Sanitarium78
01-26-2011, 08:14 AM

True but let's not forget that Zombie is still very popular and him being a co-headliner helped out a lot. I think Korn still has a sizable following though. I know it's bigger than what Manson had when they booked him.

Steev
01-26-2011, 08:19 AM
The reason 2009 did poorly was the headliners definately, asside from the fact Slayer and Manson played the same venues only 2 years earlier neither one can carry a big outdoor show on their own

Manson was definately past his prime and Slayer is not an arena band on their own, the two times they've headliner Camden(which also gets Mayhem) they converted to an indoor(and much smaller) venue and neither time did it sell out

Then you throw in Cannibal Corpse who has notoriety but atleast where I live they do not even sell out smaller clubs(when they did SOTU they were billed under As I Lay Dying, In Flames, Trivium, and a few other bands)

So as much as people ramble about how every year should be like that it'll never happen

Steev
01-26-2011, 08:22 AM
True but let's not forget that Zombie is still very popular and him being a co-headliner helped out a lot. I think Korn still has a sizable following though. I know it's bigger than what Manson had when they booked him.

Zombie is still popular and will sell out clubs and theaters(and guarentee an arena tour sells, which he has done recently with bands like Ozzy and Godsmack)

And let's not forget KoRn did Family Values in the same venues as Mayhem and that was actually really successful

jd091
01-26-2011, 08:57 AM
SO WHO'S READY FOR SUMMER SLAUGHTER?!

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 09:04 AM

Fleshgod Fucking Apocalypse! :rocker:

girnny777
01-26-2011, 09:05 AM
SO WHO'S READY FOR 2 DEATH METAL BANDS PLAYING WITH 8 DEATHCORE BANDS?!

Yup.

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 09:07 AM
People exaggerate the amount of deathcore on summer slaughter. It's usually about half and half.

snowdog2112
01-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Is he wrestling again:party:

girnny777
01-26-2011, 09:12 AM
I guess it is sort of an exaggeration. SS isn't nearly as bad as shit like "Thrash" and Burn.

jd091
01-26-2011, 09:13 AM
Yup.

Don't give up hope! Fleshgod is confirmed, Skeletontits are probably gonna be on it too! I'm just hoping Necrophagist comes back. C'mon, last year: Vital remains, The Faceless, Cephalic Carnage, and fuckin' Decapitated were more than 2. Besides, piss breaks must occur sometime!

Steev
01-26-2011, 09:14 AM
I guess it is sort of an exaggeration. SS isn't nearly as bad as shit like "Thrash" and Burn.

Yeah every year that tour has one MAYBE two bands I like, otherwise its pretty much vomit enducing

TonyD
01-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Details coming wednesday...
Wednesday: details coming monday...

My guess is they're still trying to get a couple bands on.

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 09:20 AM
Don't give up hope! Fleshgod is confirmed, Skeletontits are probably gonna be on it too! I'm just hoping Necrophagist comes back. C'mon, last year: Vital remains, The Faceless, Cephalic Carnage, and fuckin' Decapitated were more than 2. Besides, piss breaks must occur sometime!

Don't forget Decrepit Birth! Plus you had Animals as Leaders for something completely different. And even as a deathcore band, The Red Chord put on one HELL of a show.

As for this year, i'm hoping for Nile and Obscura. Maybe even Augury too.

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Details coming wednesday...
Wednesday: details coming monday...

My guess is they're still trying to get a couple bands on.

Blabbermouth did say 13 bands. Maybe there's a last minute addition to the lineup. I'll hope for something cool and not another nu/core band.

Steev
01-26-2011, 09:25 AM
Blabbermouth did say 13 bands. Maybe there's a last minute addition to the lineup. I'll hope for something cool and not another nu/core band.

Whoever it is I wouldn't expect a big name

allthatremains98
01-26-2011, 09:25 AM
yea i was really hoping mayhem would get skeletonwitch

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 09:28 AM

Who knows. Maybe Mayhem is postponding because they're trying to get the greatest deathmetal/post thrash punk band of all time to be on this bill.....NECRO-GORE.

Necro-Gore is without a doubt the greatest Heavey metal Post-Death-thrash New metal wave age of hard rock to ever grace gods green earth :rocker:

If Necro-Gore gets added to Mayhem fest, I'm in...:fist:

There's nothing better then going crazy to some Necro-Gore Tunes :rocker:

To tell you the truth. There is no such thing as necro gore....but that would make up for a pretty kick ass name if you ask me :rocker:

NECRO-GORE:tongue:

Oh yeah to add my 2 cents...

"This line up looks reallly kewwwllll":cool:

jd091
01-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Don't forget Decrepit Birth! Plus you had Animals as Leaders for something completely different. And even as a deathcore band, The Red Chord put on one HELL of a show.

As for this year, i'm hoping for Nile and Obscura. Maybe even Augury too.

Decrepit Motherfuckin' Birth! How did I forget? And I wouldn't consider the red chord deathcore, either.

Nile would be epic as hell, they put on one of my favorite live shows of all time. Since Obscura's got a new album coming out, I would bet serious money they'll be on SS :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Shadowswillfall414
01-26-2011, 09:32 AM
First im dissapointed by the big 4 then this shit happens. Wooooow.

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 09:36 AM
NECRO-GORE
:rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

rjturtle9
01-26-2011, 09:37 AM
First im dissapointed by the big 4 then this shit happens. Wooooow.

It's not a great week for metal news is it?

Natrlhi
01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
I suppose that's one way to look at it. This really doesn't seem to be their cup of tea, though (and that's an understatement, if anything). I hope it works out for them - they're awesome.

This, and "look ma, Unearth is touring with a bunch of shitty bands again!". (Red Fang excluded, of course)

Sorry. Just had to say it.

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Decrepit Motherfuckin' Birth! How did I forget? And I wouldn't consider the red chord deathcore, either.

Nile would be epic as hell, they put on one of my favorite live shows of all time. Since Obscura's got a new album coming out, I would bet serious money they'll be on SS :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Necrophagist and Nile coheadlining would be boner inducing :eek:

I already preordered the new Obscura album. I'm sure it will be awesome as shit :rocker:

Natrlhi
01-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Necrophagist and Nile coheadlining would be boner inducing :eek::agree: Indeed.

jd091
01-26-2011, 09:48 AM
:agree: Indeed.

:agree::agree:EARGAAAAASM:agree::agree:

Steev
01-26-2011, 10:04 AM
their facebook page is ridiculous

there is seriously a woman arguing with me who graduated High School when I was 3

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 10:17 AM
The delay could also have to do with scheduling conflicts. Megadeth and In Flames have Sonisphere, and Trivium has Wacken. Maybe they're trying to figure out what to do for the dates that conflict with Mayhem.

Steev
01-26-2011, 10:21 AM
The delay could also have to do with scheduling conflicts. Megadeth and In Flames have Sonisphere, and Trivium has Wacken. Maybe they're trying to figure out what to do for the dates that conflict with Mayhem.

it's possible

also Im working with one of the leaked files

and Machine Head AND In Flames are on Main, so maybe there is truth to them rotating, but there will still be 3 stages

so maybe more bands this year?

Steev
01-26-2011, 10:26 AM
ok thanks to some folks working dilligently here is the final lineup

Main Stage:
Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth
Machine Head
In Flames
Trivium

Extreme Stage:
Suicide Silence
All Shall Perish
Straight Line Stitch

Jagermeister Stage:
Unearth
Kingdom of Sorrow
Red Fang
-jagermeister band

Steev
01-26-2011, 10:29 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs245.snc6/179316_1413374994842_1846586364_748869_5223633_n.j pg

nickbaird3491
01-26-2011, 10:32 AM
I'm wondering what the delay until Monday is for. Is it another band? Kinda confusing seeing as I'm sure they know that the lineup has been leaked.

But speaking of the lineup, I'll most likely be there but I wish there was another big band or two I want to see. Seems like a lot of filler bands to me.

Disturbed- I'm not into them anymore, but I'm sure the friends I'll be there with will want to see them.

Godsmack- I've never seen them before, and it seems as if people like them the first time they see them. Sounds good to me.

Megadeth- Still weird to me they're before Disturbed and Godsmack..but they aren't as mainstream popular anymore as those two bands..Excited to see them again though.

Machine Head- Love this band. Can't wait to see them for the 3rd time. Hopefully they're the MS opener on my date so they get a longer set.

Trivium- Always enjoyed this band, seen them quite a few times because they always tour with bands I enjoy, so I'm not disappointed in seeing them again.

In Flames- I've enjoyed this band for awhile, but I've never been able to see them. Here's to hoping the set is actually pretty decent.

Unearth- Love this band. They really bring it live and I can't wait to finally see them again.

Suicide Silence- Hopefully the new album they put out is good. I used to love this band and I've seen them quite a few times. Not disappointed in seeing them again, just kinda whatever about it.

Kingdom of Sorrow- I finally checked this band out recently, they rule. A lot. Excited for them.

All Shall Perish- Band rules. Have yet to actually see them. Still surprised they put 2 deathcore bands this year. Oh well.

Red Fang- Not a bad band by any means. Just didn't see this coming at all. Are they even that big? Would rather have All That Remains/Dimmu Borgir to be honest.

Straight Line Stitch- This band is awful. Seriously. Who honestly enjoys this band? From what I remember, even the 2nd stage bands usually have a decently good sized fan base. Which is kinda why i question Red Fang and these guys(and girl) being on the lineup.

So theoretically speaking, I'd have much rather seen a lineup of

Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth
Machine Head

In Flames
Dimmu Borgir
Suicide Silence
All Shall Perish

Trivium
All That Remains
Unearth
Kingdom of Sorrow

jd091
01-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Hmmm. In Flames should headline a side stage so I can see them up close. That's a lot of main stage bands...

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 10:33 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs245.snc6/179316_1413374994842_1846586364_748869_5223633_n.j pg

6 bands on the mainstage? Damn that's alot. I remember when I went to 2009 I could have sworn I only saw 3 bands on the main stage(I saw Killswitch, Slayer and then we all bailed out before Mansion even stepped foot on stage).

Also I think they got the name wrong for the 2nd stage. I could have swore it said "Extreme" stage:cool:. Last time I checked "Suicide Silence" and "Straight Line Stitch" are NOT extreme metal

Steev
01-26-2011, 10:35 AM
6 bands on the mainstage? Damn that's alot. I remember when I went to 2009 I could have sworn I only saw 3 bands on the main stage(I saw Killswitch, Slayer and then we all bailed out before Mansion even stepped foot on stage).

Also I think they got the name wrong for the 2nd stage. I could have sworn it said "Extreme" stage:cool:. Last time I checked "Suicide Silence" and "Straight Line Stitch" are NOT extreme metal

dont expect that name to stick, last year the Silver Star stage started out as the "Mayhem" stage

and it looks to me like the show will start earlier this year(hopefully at least) so bands don't overlap

and Im thinking one or two more bands for the "Extreme" stage

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 10:54 AM
My guess is Trivium will do the earlier dates, In Flames will do the later dates, and Machine Head will the middle dates.

nickbaird3491
01-26-2011, 10:58 AM
My guess is Trivium will do the earlier dates, In Flames will do the later dates, and Machine Head will the middle dates.

In that case, would you expect 2 more bands to be announced? We have the 12 that they've had the last 2 years.

Steev
01-26-2011, 11:00 AM

I really hope not, that'd be a waste of those bands

I feel like they'd be a parenthesis underneath them with dates though

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 11:01 AM
In that case, would you expect 2 more bands to be announced? We have the 12 that they've had the last 2 years.

I would say so. Unless they just plan on giving everyone extended sets, that only leaves you with 10 bands every date, due to the rotating Main Stage opener. My guess is that we will get two more side stage acts, and if its true that they are gonna start the shows earlier this year, then that only furthers this speculation.

There's so much speculation swirling around already, and the delay for the official announcement is only making it worse.

mastodon421
01-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Are there really 6 Main Stage bands or are In Flames,Machine Head and Trivium rotating as main stage opener and side stage headliners?

jd091
01-26-2011, 11:31 AM
Are there really 6 Main Stage bands or are In Flames,Machine Head and Trivium rotating as main stage opener and side stage headliners?

Machine head headlining a side stage would be very suave. :cool:

BloodoftheKings
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Why is it that im the only one who realizes that poster thing was just made by someone from the mayhem boards in photoshop? Their isn't going to be 6 main stage bands.

mastodon421
01-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Why is it that im the only one who realizes that poster thing was just made by someone from the mayhem boards in photoshop? Their isn't going to be 6 main stage bands.

I know it's a Photoshopped picture, I have just been hearing rumors there is 6bands(I don't think it's true, it wouldn't make any sense).

AnataFan4Life
01-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Like I said, its a shitstorm at the moment thanks to the delayed announcement.

bt11763
01-26-2011, 01:16 PM
this thread needs to fall off the face of the earth

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
this thread needs to fall off the face of the earth

This
:fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:

kommie
01-26-2011, 01:26 PM
this tour needs to fall off the face of the earth.

mankvill
01-26-2011, 01:49 PM
this tour needs to fall off the face of the earth.

This
:fist: :fist: :fist: :fist: :fist:

NickLed19
01-26-2011, 01:56 PM
Its almost like Mayhem is having to beg bands to play this year.

Steev
01-26-2011, 02:04 PM
The posted picture is one of the files someone found and cleaned up in Paint

All the logos were there but were almost impossible to read in the original file

ravenheart
01-26-2011, 02:08 PM
The posted picture is one of the files someone found and cleaned up in Paint

All the logos were there but were almost impossible to read in the original file

That doesn't make any sense.

Dextrimental
01-26-2011, 02:11 PM
This is a sham.

bt11763
01-26-2011, 02:15 PM
That doesn't make any sense.

:tp:

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 02:34 PM
MY HEAD HURTS

Steev
01-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Someone found the directory that contains the files for the new site(including all the new band pictures and logos)

But by themselves the logos are almost impossible to read because they are white lettering on a white background, therefore someone went into paint and changed it so it could be legible

ravenheart
01-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Someone found the directory that contains the files for the new site(including all the new band pictures and logos)

But by themselves the logos are almost impossible to read because they are white lettering on a white background, therefore someone went into paint and changed it so it could be legible

Ah right, so they were white logos on a TRANSPARENT background and people were too stupid to open them in an appropriate program.

Gotcha.

Steev
01-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Ah right, so they were white logos on a TRANSPARENT background and people were too stupid to open them in an appropriate program.

Gotcha.

Believe whatever you want, its the same info on BBM and WolverineKills blog

Xenocide
01-26-2011, 03:51 PM
I DON'T WANNA PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE

slapguitarer
01-26-2011, 04:12 PM
The Mayhem Forums are complete shit right now. I'm definitely waiting 'til the line-up is announced to go back.

Steev
01-26-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah its bad, the Facebook is much worse

NecroRob
01-26-2011, 04:37 PM

Gotcha.

That about sums up the Mayhem boards.

mankvill
01-26-2011, 04:38 PM
Lol, there are actually people on the Mayhem boards right now saying that Red Fang is the worst band on the lineup.

BloodoftheKings
01-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Lol, there are actually people on the Mayhem boards right now saying that Red Fang is the worst band on the lineup.

http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/b/b8/Regan.gif

Bigstu_13
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I like godsmack, Megadeth, Stright Line Stich, Suicide Silence, Trivium, and Machine Head

slapguitarer
01-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Assuming he continues to post there, Wine is going to have his work cut out for him. :D

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 05:07 PM
I like godsmack, Megadeth, Stright Line Stich, Suicide Silence, Trivium, and Machine Head

AWESOME. LETS BE FRIENDS

Shadowswillfall414
01-26-2011, 05:09 PM
This year is alot better than last year so why are people bitching more than they did last year? Answer? Because people love bitching :mad:

Steev
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
This year is alot better than last year so why are people bitching more than they did last year? Answer? Because people love bitching :mad:

And because once again they're retarded hoped of Tool and Rammstein are dashed haha

idrinkwine732
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Assuming he continues to post there, Wine is going to have his work cut out for him. :D

It took one year to get all those people conversing like human beings just to have everyone fuck it up.

:angry::angry:

Shadowswillfall414
01-26-2011, 05:13 PM
And because once again they're retarded hoped of Tool and Rammstein are dashed haha

Hahaha true that.

Sanitarium78
01-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Its almost like Mayhem is having to beg bands to play this year.

That's not the case at all. It just depends on who's available when the tour is scheduled. If a band has other tour comitments or is in the studio recording they obiviously can't do it.

I don't think the promoters have to beg any band to do this tour. If a band schedule is clear and they say "no" to it then that's just stupid. The exposure some bands will get from a tour like this will be hard to find somewhere else.

Who knows, maybe Megadeth could get a revival in popularity by doing this. I'd love to see that happen.

rugbyman
01-26-2011, 05:16 PM

ya really. disturbed and godsmack seem to be the only thing most people are upset about. it's not like it's surprising they have bands like them headlining.

Shadowswillfall414
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
ya really. disturbed and godsmack seem to be the only thing most people are upset about. it's not like it's surprising they have bands like them headlining.

Disturbed im actually suprised about. Godsmack no. Trust me i dont want these bands there but it could be MUCH worse. At least theyll be more kick ass bands throughout the day.

BloodoftheKings
01-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Who knows, maybe Megadeth could get a revival in popularity by doing this. I'd love to see that happen.

Everyone whos in to rock music knows who Megadeth is already' I dont think they need any kind of a revival.

slapguitarer
01-26-2011, 05:20 PM
It took one year to get all those people conversing like human beings just to have everyone fuck it up.

:angry::angry:

I'm going to give it a whirl once the forum is fixed, but if there aren't enough 2010 forum vets, I'll just leave. From the looks of it, this new bunch is dumber than a sack of potatoes.

masterguy49
01-26-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm going to give it a whirl once the forum is fixed, but if there aren't enough 2010 forum vets, I'll just leave. From the looks of it, this new bunch is dumber than a sack of potatoes.

I can't stay on there longer than 10 minutes without getting pissed off.

Steev
01-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Everyone whos in to rock music knows who Megadeth is already' I dont think they need any kind of a revival.

You'd be suprised

Sanitarium78
01-26-2011, 05:31 PM

I wouldn't say "everyone". When was the last time a Megadeth song was played on the radio? Look at how little promotion Endgame had. There's people out there who think they retired years ago and it would be nice to let them know that they're still around and kicking ass. To the dedicated metal community they're still alive and going strong but to the general hard rock fan who relies on the radio for their music, Megadeth is the furthest thing in the world from being popular. Never underestimate how dumb and how little knowledge the general hard rock/metal listening crowd has. Which unfortunately makes up about three quarters of the people who go to see Mayhem.

It would be nice to see Megadeth sellout venues the size of what they played during American Carnage on their own again. Maiden got a huge popularity revival when Bruce came back so you never know what could happen with Megadeth here.

treghet
01-26-2011, 05:37 PM
...they're still around and kicking ass.

First part, yes. Second part... :eyes:

I've seen enough videos of them sounding like shit live to decide not to see them. Unless they totally redo their set list... which probably won't happen.

TonyD
01-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Think of how many Godsmack/Disturbed people could be turned on to Megadeth and converted...

BloodoftheKings
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Second part... :eyes:

:flame:

treghet
01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Sorry, I can't stand drums that sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2G_7s6nbIs

Even if it's one of my favorite songs by them.

Sepultura69
01-26-2011, 06:04 PM

I think you should just go see them in concert and judge for yourself. I've seen Megatitz twice, The first time I thought they sounded terrific....second time wasn't so much their fault but was the shitty venues tech guys(they fucked it up even more during slayers set) :cool:

Steev
01-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I think you should just go see them in concert and judge for yourself. I've seen Megatitz twice, The first time I thought they sounded terrific....second time wasn't so much their fault but was the shitty venues tech guys(they fucked it up even more during slayers set) :cool:

Daves voice is getting kinda shot, but otherwise they sound fantastic

treghet
01-26-2011, 06:49 PM

I probably will eventually, but not on Mayhem. I'll wait for a better tour.

mankvill
01-26-2011, 07:35 PM
The first time I saw Megadeth, it was fucking amazing. But maybe that's because it was probably the smallest and most intimate venue Megadeth has played in 15 years and it was fucking packed. The second time was fucking awesome too, but I could definitely hear Dave's voice going. Didn't really make that much of a difference in how much I enjoyed it, though.

TonyD
01-26-2011, 08:22 PM

I was there :cool:
The drums definitely sounded different for that song, the kicks were way too loud and... triggered? It was way too much bass and that clicky sound.

slapguitarer
01-26-2011, 08:25 PM

I wish I hadn't missed that. Maybe they'll play it at Mayhem Fest.

:eyes:

idrinkwine732
01-26-2011, 08:30 PM
I wish I hadn't missed that. Maybe they'll play it at Mayhem Fest.

:eyes:

:cool:

Sup?

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 04:02 AM
The first time I saw Megadeth, it was fucking amazing. But maybe that's because it was probably the smallest and most intimate venue Megadeth has played in 15 years and it was fucking packed. The second time was fucking awesome too, but I could definitely hear Dave's voice going. Didn't really make that much of a difference in how much I enjoyed it, though.

My Megadeth experiences have been the other way around. The first time I saw them they were really boring.

The next time was on that abortion of a Gigantour UK tour with JFAC. Again, they were pretty dull.

Then I saw them on Judas Priest's tour in '07 and they were fucking brilliant. Haven't seen them again since but I will next time they player a theatre show here.

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 04:05 AM
to the general hard rock fan who relies on the radio for their music, Megadeth is the furthest thing in the world from being popular.

Wait, what? There are hard rock fans who rely on the radio?

GWAR654
01-27-2011, 06:56 AM
someone posted on the mayhem site that the reason why they delayed it is cause megadeath bailed off. this true?

Steev
01-27-2011, 07:51 AM
someone posted on the mayhem site that the reason why they delayed it is cause megadeath bailed off. this true?

I have a hard time believing that

Steev
01-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Wait, what? There are hard rock fans who rely on the radio?

Completely, a radio hit can be huge for your career, and in some cases excessive touring

Shinedown toured for over 2 and a half years for their last album, and the venues went from small clubs holding less than 1,000 to ampitheaters holding probably closer to 20,000

Sanitarium78
01-27-2011, 07:59 AM
^^

You must not know ravenheart too well. He was being his usual wise ass self with the radio comment.

If Megadeth did pull out of the show I consider that a good sign in some ways because that means it's possible some more Big 4 shows might be coming:D

Steev
01-27-2011, 08:07 AM
^^

You must not know ravenheart too well. He was being his usual wise ass self with the radio comment.

If Megadeth did pull out of the show I consider that a good sign in some ways because that means it's possible some more Big 4 shows might be coming:D

As nice as that'd be I have a hard time believing they're gonna be so quick to schedule more Big 4 shows, my guess is you won't heard any other news until the California show happens

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 08:09 AM

In this instance I honestly don't believe, as a generalising statement, it's actually true.

I wouldn't necessarily consider the temporary surge in popularity of a band with a radio hit to be in any way a result of actual hard rock fans.

That surge is, in the main, other people, who aren't actually into hard rock and metal as a whole, they've just latched on to a particular band for a little while. Actual hard rock fans probably won't pay don't pay attention at all. In fact, most hard rock fans, boneheaded as they tend to be, will actively avoid bands with radio hits.

So I honestly don't believe there are that many hard rock/metal fans at all who rely on the radio to tell them what to listen to in the same way pop fans do. The history of hard rock bands not getting onto the radio tells you that would be a stupid thing to do if you're a fan of the genre as a whole.

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 08:09 AM
And on the subject of Megadeth pulling out, I'd consider that a wise move for them. Being part of what is essentially a trendy-metal tour would do them no favours at all besides a bit of cash, and as we all said in the Big 4 thread, a Big 4 tour would easily make them as much, if not more money than being on this tour would.

Steev
01-27-2011, 08:17 AM
And on the subject of Megadeth pulling out, I'd consider that a wise move for them. Being part of what is essentially a trendy-metal tour would do them no favours at all besides a bit of cash, and as we all said in the Big 4 thread, a Big 4 tour would easily make them as much, if not more money than being on this tour would.

I think 4 years in it's past being trendy at this point

IrritatedTrout
01-27-2011, 08:19 AM
The majority of the lineup every year is trendy flavor-of-the-moth bullshit so Ravenheart seems right to me.

AnthG
01-27-2011, 08:43 AM
If you guys think Megadeth opening for Disturbed and Godsmack is bad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download_festival#Download_2007

I know this is a one-off festival each year, and tours in Europe work differently than in the States, but Megadeth once played before Dragonforce, Wolfmother Velvet Revolver, and My Chemical Romance.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2011, 08:51 AM

Please explain what isn't trendy about a lineup that consist of Disturbed, Suicide Silence, and All Shall Perish.

makethemsuffer12
01-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Please explain what isn't trendy about a lineup that consist of Disturbed, Suicide Silence, and All Shall Perish.

I don't really see Disturbed as trendy considering how long they've been around and how nu-metal is pretty much dead.

BloodoftheKings
01-27-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't really see Disturbed as trendy considering how long they've been around and how nu-metal is pretty much dead.

I guess so, but they do seem to be a favorite amongst 12 year olds.

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 10:29 AM
If you guys think Megadeth opening for Disturbed and Godsmack is bad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Download_festival#Download_2007

I know this is a one-off festival each year, and tours in Europe work differently than in the States, but Megadeth once played before Dragonforce, Wolfmother Velvet Revolver, and My Chemical Romance.

MCR, VR, Dragonforce and Wolfmother were, at the time, FAR bigger draws in the UK than Megadeth were. Reason? They were all trendy favourites with the magazines/TV/Radio.

Now, well if VR got a singer all the kiddies liked, that would still be the case there. MCR are probably still bigger. Wolfmother and Dragonforce probably aren't.

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 10:30 AM

The length of time the tour has been around is irrelevant. Take the Reading Festival in England, now going into its 50th year. The line-up every year is the latest flavour of the month bands. As soon as Maiden got cool again they were booked to headline (which was dumb because there were nearly no other metal acts on the bill).

It's the make-up of a line-up which dictates whether the event is trying to be trendy or not, and this tour, every year, intentionally sets out to book trendy bands to pull in the fickle kids who pay to see whoever it cool right now.

kommie
01-27-2011, 10:36 AM
The length of time the tour has been around is irrelevant. Take the Reading Festival in England, now going into its 50th year. The line-up every year is the latest flavour of the month bands. As soon as Maiden got cool again they were booked to headline (which was dumb because there were nearly no other metal acts on the bill).

It's the make-up of a line-up which dictates whether the event is trying to be trendy or not, and this tour, every year, intentionally sets out to book trendy bands to pull in the fickle kids who pay to see whoever it cool right now.

and the reason it's always trendy bands is..... it's a tour put together by the same trendy idiots who organize Warped Tour. which is just so much worse.

ravenheart
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
and the reason it's always trendy bands is..... it's a tour put together by the same trendy idiots who organize Warped Tour. which is just so much worse.

No doubt.

The same connection can be made with a lot of festivals, package tours, and even local support choices for smaller tours here.

electrocute1031
01-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm actually really looking forward to this tour. No Matter the lineup Mayhem is always a fun show. I went last year not expecting much, and it was awesome. same with 2008. 2009 was amazing I agree with most people that it won't be topped (at least by another Mayhem Fest lineup)

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm actually really looking forward to this tour. No Matter the lineup Mayhem is always a fun show. I went last year not expecting much, and it was awesome. same with 2008. 2009 was amazing I agree with most people that it won't be topped (at least by another Mayhem Fest lineup)

I think they could....I can imagine mayhem fest 2012

Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden

BIG 5 stage
Sepultura Reunion *STRICTLY "beneath the remains" "Arise" and "Schizophrenia" songs* :tongue: :rocker: :hecho: :drool:
Metallica
Slayer
Megadudes
Anthrax

Grind Core Stage:
Napalm Death
Terrorizer
Anal Cunt
Cattle Decapitation

:tongue::rocker::D:D

rjturtle9
01-27-2011, 12:31 PM

Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden

BIG 5 stage
Sepultura Reunion *STRICTLY "beneath the remains" "Arise" and "Schizophrenia" songs* :tongue: :rocker: :hecho: :drool:
Metallica
Slayer
Megadudes
Anthrax

Grind Core Stage:
Napalm Death
Terrorizer
Anal Cunt
Cattle Decapitation

Would never happen, but holy fawk!!!

Oh and...

Megadudes

:cool:

larvtard
01-27-2011, 12:45 PM
I have a hard time believing that

Really? I have a very easy time believing that. He must have finally realized how little money he is actually making on Mayhem :lol:

...or, as others have said, if the Big 4 end up touring during the summer, Mustaine decided to do that instead. :hmm:

Actually, I bet I know what happened! They only announced one Big 4 date because Megadeth was busy on Mayhem at the time the Big 4 was planning to tour the States. I don't really know how these tours work, but if Megadeth is sort of a "property" to the Mayhem organizers and if the band aren't legally obligated to drop the tour, I bet the Big 4 organizers "bought" Megadeth from the Mayhem organizers.

Now if I'm wrong about the property thing, I assume Mustaine just abandoned the tour in favor of the Big 4. Which wouldn't surprise me.

Xenocide
01-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Really? I have a very easy time believing that. He must have finally realized how little money he is actually making on Mayhem :lol:

...or, as others have said, if the Big 4 end up touring during the summer, Mustaine decided to do that instead. :hmm:

Actually, I bet I know what happened! They only announced one Big 4 date because Megadeth was busy on Mayhem at the time the Big 4 was planning to tour the States. I don't really know how these tours work, but if Megadeth is sort of a "property" to the Mayhem organizers and if the band aren't legally obligated to drop the tour, I bet the Big 4 organizers "bought" Megadeth from the Mayhem organizers.

Now if I'm wrong about the property thing, I assume Mustaine just abandoned the tour in favor of the Big 4. Which wouldn't surprise me.

Sounds like a stretch but who knows...

Indestructible
01-27-2011, 12:54 PM

Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Judas Priest
Iron Maiden

BIG 5 stage
Metallica
Slayer
Megadudes
Anthrax

Grind Core Stage:
Napalm Death
Terrorizer
Anal Cunt
Cattle Decapitation

Sepultura has to do Territory,Refuse Resist,Slave New World and Propaganda. They wouldn't Headling over any of the big four even if they reunited with max.

Sepultura69
01-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Sepultura has to do Territory,Refuse Resist,Slave New World and Propaganda. They wouldn't Headling over any of the big four even if they reunited with max.

Yo face smells:cool:

slapguitarer
01-27-2011, 02:46 PM
If Megadeth did bail, I'd actually be more happy than sad. I wouldn't have to go through the pain of seeing them open for Godsmack and Disturbed.

jd091
01-27-2011, 02:47 PM

Grind Core Stage:
Napalm Death
Terrorizer
Anal Cunt
Cattle Decapitation

Cattle Decap should be headlining that stage! Actually, better yet, have Cattle Decap get on SUMMER SLAUGHTERRRRR!

:shred:

AnataFan4Life
01-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Cattle Decap should be headlining that stage! Actually, better yet, have Cattle Decap get on SUMMER SLAUGHTERRRRR!

:shred:

I wouldn't mind seeing Cattle Decapitation on Summer Slaughter myself. :rocker:

treghet
01-27-2011, 02:53 PM
I'd like to see Cattle Decapitation on Summer Slaughter too. Especially if they have finished recording new stuff by then. But I don't know when they are going to go in the studio.

jd091
01-27-2011, 03:54 PM
I'd like to see Cattle Decapitation on Summer Slaughter too. Especially if they have finished recording new stuff by then. But I don't know when they are going to go in the studio.

True, studio work might conflict with them. I'm pretty sure The Faceless will get on again due to their new album coming out.

Speaking of new albums, where the shit is the new Necrophagist?

AnataFan4Life
01-27-2011, 04:02 PM
True, studio work might conflict with them. I'm pretty sure The Faceless will get on again due to their new album coming out.

Speaking of new albums, where the shit is the new Necrophagist?

Watch Necrophagist be on Summer Slaughter and still not have a new album yet.

Muhammad: We've got a new song for you guys, called Dawn and Demise!
Me: You said that two years ago!