PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

MPF
01-11-2011, 04:16 PM
I guess. There's a stupid shitty country music festival over in Manhattan, KS every year (i use the term "country" extremely lightly) and my roommate and a bunch of my friends pay absurd amounts of money to camp out and drink beer and maybe watch 2 bands the entire 4-day festival.

Replace Manhattan, KS with Somerset, WI and that's what happens here.

DementedX14
01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
I usually go every year cause i pretty much like every type of rock/metal so there is usually alot of bands i like there every year so its worth it.

This goes for me as well. However, I was disappointed with last years lineup so I only see positives for this year regardless of the two headliners.:D

NickLed19
01-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Last years lineup was great. LoG, Hatebreed, 3inOB, Shadows Fall, and Zombie. Amazing.

BlindGuardian93
01-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Last years lineup was great. LoG, Hatebreed, 3inOB, Shadows Fall, and Zombie. Amazing.

I agree last years lineup got alot of shit for being too poppy but i enjoyed myself alot. hopefully this years lineup will be as good if not better.

BlindGuardian93
01-12-2011, 02:58 AM
"These bands are very likely to play Mayhem Fest 2011 according to multiple sources:

Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
In Flames
Unearth

These bands are rumored too but there is not enough talk to say they are likely to play:

Dimmu Borgir
Lacuna Coil or The Agonist
Machine Head
All That Remains
The Devil Wears Prada
Black Label Society"

Original Post by WOLVERINEKILLS^

Out of all these bands the only one i would not be happy with is TDWP so its looking to be a good year for mayhem, well for me at least.

TiradesOfTruth
01-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Only band that I don't really like on their is TDWP other than that i am pumped for Jan. 26th too find out if Machine Head and In flames are on it.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Still no concrete info on the other rumored bands. Unless some band members start talking I think I have found out about all of the info that I was able to for Mayhem Fest 2011.

TiradesOfTruth
01-12-2011, 03:05 PM
Then who are the bands that you are almost positive will be their

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Then who are the bands that you are almost positive will be their

3 posts up, read what Blind Guardian pasted from me...

TiradesOfTruth
01-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Where did you here TDWP from. And what info do you have on Machine Head

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Both bands are rumored but I am not sure how likely they are to play. I just don't know any more than that. Sorry!!!

BlindGuardian93
01-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Both bands are rumored but I am not sure how likely they are to play. I just don't know any more than that. Sorry!!!
eh we will find out soon enough, no need for an apology

makethemsuffer12
01-12-2011, 05:43 PM
I really hope Megadeth plays this year. It would be teh tits.

BlindGuardian93
01-12-2011, 05:46 PM
I really hope Megadeth plays this year. It would be teh tits.

oh ja. i agree id like to see Machine Head there also. that would be teh supa tits.

rugbyman
01-12-2011, 07:23 PM
hate to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently on twitter the vocalist of suicide silence said they were going to be touring with alot of great bands this summer and said it wasn't warped. :bouville:

AnataFan4Life
01-12-2011, 07:43 PM
Hopefully they get lumped on Thrash and Burn with all the rest of the crap.

rugbyman
01-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Hopefully they get lumped on Thrash and Burn with all the rest of the crap.

i didn't think about that. That makes sense, they could probaly headline.

AnataFan4Life
01-12-2011, 07:51 PM
If they are on Summer Slaughter I will be pissed. If they are headlining Summer Slaughter I will kick a baby :flame:

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Id be pissed if suicide silence got on mayhem this year its bad enough the devil wears prada is now rumored.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-13-2011, 02:32 AM
I don't care for their music at all, but Suicide Sience is likely to be the Century Media band on Mayhem Fest 2011. I am hearing Lacuna Coil is likely to play on Uproar.

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 02:33 AM
I don't care for their music at all, but Suicide Sience is likely to be the Century Media band on Mayhem Fest 2011. I am hearing Lacuna Coil is likely to play on Uproar.

so there is going to be an uproar this year? and where did all this suicide silence talk come from? it makes me sad lol

rugbyman
01-13-2011, 05:42 AM

well i need at least one piss break/signing time band. looks like it's suicide silence.

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 06:11 AM
well i need at least one piss break/signing time band. looks like it's suicide silence.

i agree that will be my merch time also and food and piss break

rugbyman
01-13-2011, 06:20 AM
i agree that will be my merch time also and food and piss break

oops forgot about merch

not sure if this is reliable, but on the mayhem boards someone said they were told at a hatebreed show that the main stage could be disturbed, godsmack, megadeth, and in flames on the main stage with kingdom of sorrow on a side stage. since kingdom of sorrow was mentioned i guess he heard it from jamey jasta.

Steev
01-13-2011, 07:40 AM
1st off hi, new to this site but did the Mayhem board

personally Im ok with Suicide Silence(the one deathcore band I like), I just wish Century Media would put a different band on, it does sound like Uproar may be a better fit for Lacuna Coil though

and really if the Main Stage is in fact Disturbed/Godsmack/Megadeth/In Flames thats already awesome and any other bands that play is just a bonus

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 07:59 AM
1st off hi, new to this site but did the Mayhem board

personally Im ok with Suicide Silence(the one deathcore band I like), I just wish Century Media would put a different band on, it does sound like Uproar may be a better fit for Lacuna Coil though

and really if the Main Stage is in fact Disturbed/Godsmack/Megadeth/In Flames thats already awesome and any other bands that play is just a bonus

i was wondering how long it would take for you to come over here lol but i agree on your statement

Steev
01-13-2011, 08:17 AM
yeah its gotten to where I want to bludgeon most of the idiots on there

anyway with what we're hearing I'm submitting my final prediction

MAIN STAGE:
Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth
In Flames

JAGER STAGE:
Suicide Silence
Unearth
Kingdom Of Sorrow

and leave the SILVER STAR one as a suprise

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 08:20 AM
yeah its gotten to where I want to bludgeon most of the idiots on there

anyway with what we're hearing I'm submitting my final prediction

MAIN STAGE:
Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth
In Flames

JAGER STAGE:
Suicide Silence
Unearth
Kingdom Of Sorrow

and leave the SILVER STAR one as a suprise

yeah it is getting bad over there it seems like its all a bunch of 12 year old idiots. especially the maggots over there which i know you have seen those posts. Where did you hear about Kingdom of Sorrow?

Steev
01-13-2011, 08:22 AM
yeah it is getting bad over there it seems like its all a bunch of 12 year old idiots. especially the maggots over there which i know you have seen those posts. Where did you hear about Kingdom of Sorrow?

someone said Jamey mentioned it at a Hatebreed show, and Kirk said on Twitter all 3 of his bands are touring this year

yeah my personal "favorite" is bdm420(with the moronic tattoo) because now he basically throws mispelled tantrums all over the internet whenever I apply common sense to a thread

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 08:25 AM
someone said Jamey mentioned it at a Hatebreed show, and Kirk said on Twitter all 3 of his bands are touring this year

yeah my personal "favorite" is bdm420(with the moronic tattoo) because now he basically throws mispelled tantrums all over the internet whenever I apply common sense to a thread

yeah he doesnt bother that much actually i usually agree with what you post though you seem pretty level headed. and id be fine with Kingdom of Sorrow being there im just pissed about suicide thats just going to be one big break for 40 min

Steev
01-13-2011, 08:29 AM
yeah he doesnt bother that much actually i usually agree with what you post though you seem pretty level headed. and id be fine with Kingdom of Sorrow being there im just pissed about suicide thats just going to be one big break for 40 min

I look at it this way, Im 26 and have been going to concerts since I was 9, Ive been to all 3 years of Mayhem+11 Ozzfest, 2 Sounds of The Underground, 4 Projekt Revolution, 3 Jagermeister tours, 4 Family Values Tours, 2 Warped Tours, and almost every other major package tour in the past decade

Ive kinda figured out how these work, and the folks on there display no common sense most of the time

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 08:31 AM
I look at it this way, Im 26 and have been going to concerts since I was 9, Ive been to all 3 years of Mayhem+11 Ozzfest, 2 Sounds of The Underground, 4 Projekt Revolution, 3 Jagermeister tours, 4 Family Values Tours, 2 Warped Tours, and almost every other major package tour in the past decade

Ive kinda figured out how these work, and the folks on there display no common sense most of the time

no they dont especially with the "here is my dream wishlist for mayhem" where people will either go in this direction Metallica, SOAD, Slipknot, Tool all on one year. or they will go warped and A Day to Remember, Black Veil Brides, Emmure and all that shit. none of them think with any sense.

Steev
01-13-2011, 08:33 AM
no they dont especially with the "here is my dream wishlist for mayhem" where people will either go in this direction Metallica, SOAD, Slipknot, Tool all on one year. or they will go warped and A Day to Remember, Black Veil Brides, Emmure and all that shit. none of them think with any sense.

and when you prove them wrong youre a "homo" and a "cunt", Im just looking forward to when it's announced and all the bands they wouldnt shut up about arent on it

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 08:36 AM
and when you prove them wrong youre a "homo" and a "cunt", Im just looking forward to when it's announced and all the bands they wouldnt shut up about arent on it

i know id say what ive been hearing from you and wolverine is accurate. and i saw what your talking about with you and tbdm on his post lol. I dont have a issue with disturbed i like them actually.

Steev
01-13-2011, 08:41 AM
i know id say what ive been hearing from you and wolverine is accurate. and i saw what your talking about with you and tbdm on his post lol. I dont have a issue with disturbed i like them actually.

its just funny because he lashes out like a 12 yr old then tries backpeddling

between FB and Twitter Ive been talking to Wolverine and Ive also been doing some research of my own(keeping in mind bands cant really say anything you can usually atleast get a "wink wink", Ive been doing this for like 7 years or so now going back to Ozzfest) alot of times it just doesnt hurt to ask these questions, and therefore you get more solid information than "WELL THERE A BAND AND THEYRE NO TOURING SO ITS FUCKING TRUE"

I mean seriously, System just doesn't seem interested in doing metal shows, it's been like that for years

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 08:43 AM
its just funny because he lashes out like a 12 yr old then tries backpeddling

between FB and Twitter Ive been talking to Wolverine and Ive also been doing some research of my own(keeping in mind bands cant really say anything you can usually atleast get a "wink wink", Ive been doing this for like 7 years or so now going back to Ozzfest) alot of times it just doesnt hurt to ask these questions, and therefore you get more solid information than "WELL THERE A BAND AND THEYRE NO TOURING SO ITS FUCKING TRUE"

I mean seriously, System just doesn't seem interested in doing metal shows, it's been like that for years

from what i heard about system is that they were offered mayhem and would have done it but they werent getting paid enough for it. thats just what i heard.

Steev
01-13-2011, 08:45 AM
from what i heard about system is that they were offered mayhem and would have done it but they werent getting paid enough for it. thats just what i heard.

they were paid over 300,000 a show at Ozzfest 2006, Sharon complained about it the following year when they did "Freefest"

rugbyman
01-13-2011, 08:46 AM

ya i heard that too. i've never really gotten the soad rumors. they just got back together so everyone thought they were doing mayhem, same with rammstein and the msg show.

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 08:49 AM
ya i heard that too. i've never really gotten the soad rumors. they just got back together so everyone thought they were doing mayhem, same with rammstein and the msg show.

yeah its just alot of people getting overly excited without any real proof to get excited over. now i do think SOAD will play some U.S shows just not mayhem fest

Steev
01-13-2011, 08:49 AM

except its real easy for Rammstein to sell out a show when its theyre only show and 1st here since 2001, if they did a full tour you wouldnt have that kind of turn out

but so far every year someone insists Rammstein is on, used to be Mudvayne to but I think they finally wised up on that

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 08:51 AM
except its real easy for Rammstein to sell out a show when its theyre only show and 1st here since 2001, if they did a full tour you wouldnt have that kind of turn out

but so far every year someone insists Rammstein is on, used to be Mudvayne to but I think they finally wised up on that

no look through the boards Mudvayne is everywhere its aggrivating. plus i think they sound terrible live.

rugbyman
01-13-2011, 08:52 AM
yeah its just alot of people getting overly excited without any real proof to get excited over. now i do think SOAD will play some U.S shows just not mayhem fest

ya thats very likely they will make more money off that.

ya you would think if all these guys are such big fans they would know more about their popularity and touring plans.

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 09:02 AM
ya thats very likely they will make more money off that.

ya you would think if all these guys are such big fans they would know more about their popularity and touring plans.

most people on there dont do research and just blurt crap out and wont accept other peoples opinions.

Steev
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
most people on there dont do research and just blurt crap out and wont accept other peoples opinions.

yeah I just showed up bdm on doing that, he posted a thread that was basically "Its SOAD so fuck you" and now he's trying to backpeddle

it really isnt hard to do research, Ive been finding concert info on the internet probably since 98/99

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 09:07 AM
yeah I just showed up bdm on doing that, he posted a thread that was basically "Its SOAD so fuck you" and now he's trying to backpeddle

it really isnt hard to do research, Ive been finding concert info on the internet probably since 98/99

yeah its not hard at all if you just do some asking and looking. but i pretty much jus told him why all the bands he wants wont be there. he kinda acts like we all hate those bands. I personally love soad and tool but its just not going to happen.

Steev
01-13-2011, 09:15 AM
yeah its not hard at all if you just do some asking and looking. but i pretty much jus told him why all the bands he wants wont be there. he kinda acts like we all hate those bands. I personally love soad and tool but its just not going to happen.

Ive been a fan of SOAD since the 90s, hell I saw them at the 99 Ozzfest when no one knew who they were

but I also have followed them and know their history and that it seems like they prefer just doing overseas festivals when it comes to touring, also European concert promoters will offer ALOT of money for certain bands(that was what sparked the Faith No More reunion)

BlindGuardian93
01-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Ive been a fan of SOAD since the 90s, hell I saw them at the 99 Ozzfest when no one knew who they were

but I also have followed them and know their history and that it seems like they prefer just doing overseas festivals when it comes to touring, also European concert promoters will offer ALOT of money for certain bands(that was what sparked the Faith No More reunion)

i think they will make more money doing their own headlining tour here. anyways the mayhem bands just need to be announced:horns:

Steev
01-13-2011, 10:59 AM
i think they will make more money doing their own headlining tour here. anyways the mayhem bands just need to be announced:horns:

they really do, Im actually looking forward to people complaining about the lineup once its announced

it amuses me

TiradesOfTruth
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm gonna come into this conversation just came off the mayhem boards all it is there are a bunch of noobs wanting Rammstein or a scene band and tbdm bitching about something its much better over here

Steev
01-13-2011, 11:07 AM
I'm gonna come into this conversation just came off the mayhem boards all it is there are a bunch of noobs wanting Rammstein or a scene band and tbdm bitching about something its much better over here

yeah but its funny because now tbdm420 looks like a complete dick and he's desperately trying to cover his tracks

anyway it's less than 2 weeks away now, so let's hope for something good

AnataFan4Life
01-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I wonder if GWAR will be there...

Steev
01-13-2011, 11:22 AM
I wonder if GWAR will be there...

I wouldnt count on it, but back in 2009 Oderus made an appearence at the Camden show

AnataFan4Life
01-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I have a feeling we might see one band on the side stages that we would never expect.

rugbyman
01-13-2011, 11:33 AM
I have a feeling we might see one band on the side stages that we would never expect.

by the sounds of things half of the side stage bands are going to be bands we never expected.

AnthG
01-13-2011, 12:26 PM
Pantera should obviously headline.

NickLed19
01-13-2011, 01:59 PM

Pantera, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Black Sabbath on the Main Stage. :rocker:

kommie
01-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Bloodbath! Not. They'd be better for Summer Slaughter. but that's as likely as Wintersun doing something here.

DementedX14
01-13-2011, 02:53 PM

Obviously.:tp:

TiradesOfTruth
01-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Yea Pantera, Death, Heaven And Hell, and Type o Negative should headline

AnthG
01-13-2011, 03:42 PM
and the original Metallica lineup with Dave Mustaine and Ron McGovney duh!

larvtard
01-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Okay, the joke's getting old now.

AnataFan4Life
01-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Apparently according to WolverineKill's facebook, Suicide Silence and Kingdom of Sorrow will be there.

DisasterPiece120
01-13-2011, 10:04 PM
i feel like Evanescence is gonna be there, godsmack, disturbed. If we're talking about bands who hit their prime in the early 2000's headlining i wouldnt rule them out.

BlindGuardian93
01-14-2011, 03:19 AM
i feel like Evanescence is gonna be there, godsmack, disturbed. If we're talking about bands who hit their prime in the early 2000's headlining i wouldnt rule them out.

i could see them playing uproar actually

makethemsuffer12
01-14-2011, 06:13 AM
Apparently according to WolverineKill's facebook, Suicide Silence and Kingdom of Sorrow will be there.

It's like Mayhem '08 all over again...

BlindGuardian93
01-14-2011, 06:17 AM

well kingdom of sorrow wasnt there in 08' but there are ALOT better bands they could get then suicide silence

Steev
01-14-2011, 06:18 AM

well KOS only did 2 shows that year, jerks getting a good Jager band

Camden has had the same fucking band every year, and theyre "meh" at best

BlindGuardian93
01-14-2011, 06:18 AM
well KOS only did 2 shows that year, jerks getting a good Jager band

Camden has had the same fucking band every year, and theyre "meh" at best

yeah i go to the camden show too. theyre ok for a merch brake thats about it

makethemsuffer12
01-14-2011, 06:27 AM
well kingdom of sorrow wasnt there in 08' but there are ALOT better bands they could get then suicide silence

As previously mentioned they did two dates, including the one I went to.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-14-2011, 07:06 AM
FYI I thought Skeletonwitch was on the Wacken website. If so, they were removed. Could it be possible they made it onto Mayhem? I recall Judas Priest being announced for Wacken in 04 and then backing out to do Ozzfest, so anything is possible.

AnataFan4Life
01-14-2011, 07:13 AM
I think Skeletonwitch are on Summer Slaughter then. That explains them backing out of Wacken.

EDIT: Then again we don't know whether SS will be early or late in the summer.

mastodon421
01-14-2011, 07:29 AM
FYI I thought Skeletonwitch was on the Wacken website. If so, they were removed. Could it be possible they made it onto Mayhem? I recall Judas Priest being announced for Wacken in 04 and then backing out to do Ozzfest, so anything is possible.

I'm thinking Mayhem or Summer Slaughter, either one is fine with me.

AnataFan4Life
01-14-2011, 07:37 AM
If Skeletonwitch is at Mayhem, then expect 1349 at Summer Slaughter.

BlindGuardian93
01-14-2011, 08:16 AM
for some reason im really doubting skeletonwitch at mayhem

Northern_Shaman
01-14-2011, 08:29 AM
God... Summer Slaughter is really off to a good start this year. Fleshgod and either 1349 or Skeletonwitch. Hopefully both.

rugbyman
01-14-2011, 08:41 AM
i doubt skeletonwitch is on mayhem. if summer slaughter mentioned them just this week they shouldn't have any big plans for the summer yet.

BlindGuardian93
01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
i doubt skeletonwitch is on mayhem. if summer slaughter mentioned them just this week they shouldn't have any big plans for the summer yet.

agreed

AnataFan4Life
01-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Well currently in their poll on Summer Slaughter's facebook 1349 and Skeletonwitch are almost neck and neck.

Steev
01-14-2011, 02:30 PM
Skeletonwitch is probably on Mayhem, it would have to be a pretty big tour for them to drop of Wacken(like a Mayhem or Ozzfest-which they already did)

besides Summer Slaughter is usually earlier in the year, I don't think that'll conflict with Wacken

Xenocide
01-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Somebody I knew asked Skeletonwitch whether they'd be at Mayhem this summer, to which the frontman said "anything's possible" with smile. This year's 3IOB?

slapguitarer
01-14-2011, 06:05 PM
Somebody I knew asked Skeletonwitch whether they'd be at Mayhem this summer, to which the frontman said "anything's possible" with smile. This year's 3IOB?

By that do you mean band with epic facial hair?

mankvill
01-14-2011, 06:12 PM
By that do you mean one of only two decent bands on the entire Mayhem Fest?

fixed

NecroRob
01-14-2011, 06:21 PM
fixed

:blaze:

AnataFan4Life
01-14-2011, 07:49 PM
I seriously hope The Devil Wears Prada isn't on this.

Xenocide
01-14-2011, 08:23 PM
I doubt they'll be there.

BlackmoreOfBowling
01-14-2011, 10:35 PM
I've always thought of Skeletonwitch as 3 Inches Of Blood without clean vocals...

andrew_metalhead
01-15-2011, 01:13 AM
I didn't read this thread at all, so I don't know if this is new information or not.

I asked Rob Flynn today as to when Machine Head is playing in the US next, and he said they will be on the main stage at this year's Mayhem Fest. :rocker:

NecroRob
01-15-2011, 01:55 AM
I've always thought of Skeletonwitch as 3 Inches Of Blood without clean vocals...

I didn't read this thread at all, so I don't know if this is new information or not.

I asked Rob Flynn today as to when Machine Head is playing in the US next, and he said they will be on the main stage at this year's Mayhem Fest. :rocker:

Meh, better than LoG or FFDP I guess.

TonyD
01-15-2011, 02:08 AM

That sounds like the best info so far, and they deserve it. Hopefully they won't be one of the first bands stuck with a short set.

NecroRob
01-15-2011, 03:44 AM
That sounds like the best info so far, and they deserve it. Hopefully they won't be one of the first bands stuck with a short set.

Well get ready to be disappointed.

makethemsuffer12
01-15-2011, 03:53 AM

Nice!

BlindGuardian93
01-15-2011, 04:17 AM

YES! :rocker:

rugbyman
01-15-2011, 04:29 AM

YES!!!:rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-15-2011, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the info. NAMM is usually a great place for info!!!

AnataFan4Life
01-15-2011, 05:16 AM
So does this make Machine Head the only 100% confirmed band?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Yeah. Other bands have hinted at it but MH is the only band that I am aware of where a band member or festival organizer has more or less said yes MH are on Mayhem.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Supposedly Jamey Jasta told a fan KoS was onboard too...

mastodon421
01-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Nice, I am excited to see Machine Head again.

makethemsuffer12
01-15-2011, 06:26 AM
The only thing that I don't like is that MH are playing the mainstage, which means having to see them in seats (or on the lawn). From past experiences I can tell you that bands like MH, Lamb of God, etc. really don't work in an amphitheater/arena setting.

DementedX14
01-15-2011, 07:35 AM

:party:

The only thing that I don't like is that MH are playing the mainstage, which means having to see them in seats (or on the lawn). From past experiences I can tell you that bands like MH, Lamb of God, etc. really don't work in an amphitheater/arena setting.

Yeah you have point, however, I am glad that Machine Head are going to play the mainstage rather than In Flames. In my case that fits perfectly for me.:D

jhdeity
01-15-2011, 08:43 AM
Machine Head = I'm in!

illuminatus917
01-15-2011, 08:50 AM
I'd rather In Flames be on the main stage than Machine Head.

AnthG
01-15-2011, 09:05 AM
MH on the Main stage: So they'll basically get 35 minutes and play this setlist

Clenching the Fists of Dissent
Imperium
Halo
Davidian

Xenocide
01-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Imperium
Halo
Davidian

I'm pretty sure it's 40 minutes.

NickLed19
01-15-2011, 09:35 AM
FFDP had 35 min.

NickLed19
01-15-2011, 09:37 AM
So Godsmack, Disturbed, Megadeth, Machine Head, Unearth, and KoS are all looking good. I like that lineup.

JLRedWing13
01-15-2011, 12:08 PM

Imperium
Halo
Davidian
I'm pretty sure they won't play Clenching. They dumped that from their support sets near the end of the Metallica tour. Plus they'll have a new album coming. They'll probably start with Imperium and play 5-6 songs.

AnthG
01-15-2011, 01:33 PM
They're recording a new album, but I don't think they're anywhere close to completion. I imagine this tour as a "let's take a break from writing and recording and resume after the tour's done"

Mastodon played in 2008 in between album cycles. Even though Crack the Skye was finished or closed to being finished, they didn't play any songs from it, and the album didn't come out until Feb. 2009.

Travis The Dragon
01-15-2011, 01:55 PM
Wolverine, on your blog you say:

The Mayhem Festival line up is shaping up like this:

Main Stage:
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Machine Head

Jager/Silver Star Stages:
In Flames
Kingdom of Sorrow
Suicide Silence
Unearth

Do you know if those are confirmed?

NickLed19
01-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Add Skeletonwitch and I am in.

AnthG
01-15-2011, 02:16 PM
Wolverine, on your blog you say:

The Mayhem Festival line up is shaping up like this:

Main Stage:
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Machine Head

Jager/Silver Star Stages:
In Flames
Kingdom of Sorrow
Suicide Silence
Unearth

Do you know if those are confirmed?

He's said a few times that nothing's confirmed, but that's just where the strong rumors and indications are leading.

Travis The Dragon
01-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Oh, for sure. Well, we should know very soon since the bands are supposed to be announced this month. If Godsmack and In Flames are on there, my dad and I just might be making a road trip.

Bigstu_13
01-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Main Stage:
Godsmack
Megadeth
Devildriver
Machine Head

Jager Stage:
Hellyeah
Black Label Society
Soulfly
Down
Jager Band

Rockstar Stage:
Bring Me the Horizon
Parkway Drive
The Devil Wears Prada
Impending Doom
Whitechapel

slapguitarer
01-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Main Stage:
Godsmack
Megadeth
Devildriver
Machine Head

I'd be fine with that

Jager Stage:
Hellyeah
Black Label Society
Soulfly
Down
Jager Band

Not so much. :hmm:

Rockstar Stage:
Bring Me the Horizon
Parkway Drive
The Devil Wears Prada
Impending Doom
Whitechapel

:barf:

Bigstu_13
01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
I'd be fine with that

Not so much. :hmm:

i hear disturbed are going to be there i went to the first night of maaw 5 and the sucked errone else was kick ass

Bigstu_13
01-15-2011, 07:58 PM
id like it more if System of a Down, Slipknot, Korn, Deftones, Limp Bizkit, and Rob Zombie went on a tour of their own it would sell out for sure

GWAR654
01-15-2011, 08:06 PM
Main Stage:
Godsmack
Megadeth
Devildriver
Machine Head

Jager Stage:
Hellyeah
Black Label Society
Soulfly
Down
Jager Band

Rockstar Stage:
Bring Me the Horizon
Parkway Drive
The Devil Wears Prada
Impending Doom
Whitechapel

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Xenocide
01-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Wolverine said he would have a Mayhem announcement today. :(

slapguitarer
01-15-2011, 08:13 PM
id like it more if System of a Down, Slipknot, Korn, Deftones, Limp Bizkit, and Rob Zombie went on a tour of their own it would sell out for sure

You're not serious are you?

makethemsuffer12
01-15-2011, 09:03 PM

Have you been living under a rock for 10 years?

Magson13
01-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Rockstar Stage:
Bring Me the Horizon
Parkway Drive
The Devil Wears Prada
Impending Doom
Whitechapel

You are not welcome on these forums.

eltoro52
01-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Main Stage:
Godsmack
Megadeth
Devildriver
Machine Head

Jager Stage:
Hellyeah
Black Label Society
Soulfly
Down
Jager Band

Rockstar Stage:
Bring Me the Horizon
Parkway Drive
The Devil Wears Prada
Impending Doom
Whitechapel

Dude, c'mon! :axe:

jd091
01-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Main Stage:
Godsmack
Megadeth
Devildriver
Machine Head

Jager Stage:
Hellyeah
Black Label Society
Soulfly
Down
Jager Band

Rockstar Stage:
Bring Me the Horizon
Parkway Drive
The Devil Wears Prada
Impending Doom
Whitechapel

Dude what the frak those are some of the worst Jager and Rockstar predictions I have seen yet. This isn't warped tour, bro

rjturtle9
01-16-2011, 11:59 AM
lol @ new poster fail!

kommie
01-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Dude what the frak those are some of the worst Jager and Rockstar predictions I have seen yet. This isn't warped tour, bro

But it is put together by the same people who do Warped Tour

jd091
01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
But it is put together by the same people who do Warped Tour

All I'm sayin' is where are my Behemoths and Cannibal Corpses? 2 years ago was awesome.

BlindGuardian93
01-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Wolverine said he would have a Mayhem announcement today. :(

when did he say that? if you dont mind me asking

Xenocide
01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
when did he say that? if you dont mind me asking

On the Mayhem forums, on the "Machine Head on Mainstage" thread, he said he would have a major Mayhem announcement yesterday and have us a link to his blog. vdob.blogspot.com

BlindGuardian93
01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
On the Mayhem forums, on the "Machine Head on Mainstage" thread, he said he would have a major Mayhem announcement yesterday and have us a link to his blog. vdob.blogspot.com

ok thanks im on those boards i just havent been on today

BlindGuardian93
01-16-2011, 12:57 PM

that was yesterday

Xenocide
01-16-2011, 01:13 PM
that was yesterday

My post was made yesterday.

BlindGuardian93
01-16-2011, 02:24 PM
My post was made yesterday.

oh sorry bout that.

Butcher of Birth
01-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Main Stage:
Godsmack
Megadeth
Devildriver
Machine Head

Jager Stage:
Children of Bodom
Arch Enemy
Amon Amarth
Skeletonwitch
Jagaer Band

Rockstar Stage:
Dimmu Borgir
Goatwhore
Katakylsm
Nile
36 Crazyfists

FIXED

Shadowswillfall414
01-16-2011, 06:09 PM
Uhhhhh no godsmack please :mad: Disturbed i like but im seeing them on MAAW and i dont wanna see them again and megadeth playing before those bands is a disgrace...

Xenocide
01-17-2011, 10:16 AM
According to somebody on the Mayhem Boards, Robbie Merill of Godsmack confirmed at NAMM that Godsmack and Disturbed will be coheadlining this year's Mayhem Festival.

makethemsuffer12
01-17-2011, 10:33 AM
According to somebody on the Mayhem Boards, Robbie Merill of Godsmack confirmed at NAMM that Godsmack and Disturbed will be coheadlining this year's Mayhem Festival.

Can't say I'm suprised. Mayhem's gotta appeal to the mainstream/white trash somehow. (Not hating on either bands, just sayin'). I'm just really hoping that Megadeth will be there. Megadeth, Machine Head, Unearth and Disturbed would be enough to get me excited about this.

BlindGuardian93
01-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Can't say I'm suprised. Mayhem's gotta appeal to the mainstream/white trash somehow. (Not hating on either bands, just sayin'). I'm just really hoping that Megadeth will be there. Megadeth, Machine Head, Unearth and Disturbed would be enough to get me excited about this.

Im with ya im pretty psyched as is.

AnataFan4Life
01-17-2011, 11:12 AM
If Megadeth is there I'll get pit tickets. If they're not I'll just get lawn tickets.

makethemsuffer12
01-17-2011, 11:21 AM
If Megadeth is there I'll get pit tickets. If they're not I'll just get lawn tickets.

Same here, except in my case it would be orchestra seats.

Xenocide
01-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Same here, except in my case it would be orchestra seats.

Aren't they the same thing?

makethemsuffer12
01-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Aren't they the same thing?

Nope. Pit means standing room/general admission.

Xenocide
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
So where's orchestra seats? On the side of the stage?

Shadowswillfall414
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Disturbed i can live with but godsmack? No...

makethemsuffer12
01-17-2011, 03:49 PM
So where's orchestra seats? On the side of the stage?

Orchestra seats would be in place of a pit. Not all venues have a pit (for example, the PNC Bank Arts Center).

Xenocide
01-17-2011, 04:55 PM
Disturbed i can live with but godsmack? No...

When have the coheadliners ever been truly metal bands except for Slayer? This is just continuing the trend.

Shadowswillfall414
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Good point

mankvill
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
I would 100% way rather have Godsmack than Disturbed.

Shadowswillfall414
01-17-2011, 06:25 PM
I would 100% way rather have Godsmack than Disturbed.

I honestly cant stand godsmack. I dont know why.

AnataFan4Life
01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
I swear, "Cryin' Like A Bitch" and "Love, Hate, Sex, Pain" are the same song >_>

MPF
01-17-2011, 06:55 PM
I swear, "Cryin' Like A Bitch" and "Love, Hate, Sex, Pain" are the same song >_>

You mean they're not? :confused:

slapguitarer
01-17-2011, 07:03 PM
My dad bought the latest Godsmack album, and I like it quite a bit. :eyes:

Xenocide
01-17-2011, 07:12 PM
My dad bought the latest Godsmack album, and I like it quite a bit. :eyes:

Check out their s/t album

AnthG
01-17-2011, 09:42 PM
Faceless was a pretty good album. The one after that with "Speak" or wahtever kind of stunk, and i've only heard the singles from their latest...yeah...

NickLed19
01-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Godsmack is amazing live. They will be the Zombie of last year.

Steev
01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Godsmack's first and latest are their best as complete albums

and fortunately that seems to be where most of their set is coming from lately, the people complaining have no idea what they are talking about because these guys are amazing live

though honestly a good chunk of their "fans"(much like Disturbed) are assholes

Steev
01-18-2011, 06:53 AM
oh and to further the Megadeth rumors Im now hearing them and Trivium from someone who is personal friends with the guys in Trivium

Sanitarium78
01-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Godsmack is amazing live.

I always hear people say this as if it makes up for the fact that 99 percent of what they've ever released is garbage.

Steev
01-18-2011, 09:13 AM
I always hear people say this as if it makes up for the fact that 99 percent of what they've ever released is garbage.

not liking them doesnt make them garbage

Sanitarium78
01-18-2011, 09:55 AM

I know. It's the bad music they've recorded over the last decade that's made them that.

JLRedWing13
01-18-2011, 10:00 AM
I like the rumored lineup with the exception of Suicide Silence......*sigh*

TonyD
01-18-2011, 10:41 AM
From what Wolverine posted on his blog, the only bands I'm really interested in are Megadeth and Machine Head, both of which you can assume are doing the same songs they've been doing for the past 4 years.

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Anybody else not able to post on the Mayhem Forums?

jd091
01-18-2011, 12:27 PM
Godsmack is amazing live. They will be the Zombie of last year.

Not exactly true. I saw them last year at ROTR, and have no desire to see them again. Its not 2001 anymore...

AnataFan4Life
01-18-2011, 12:30 PM

They might be getting ready to temporarily close the site to redesign it.

larvtard
01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I know. It's the bad music they've recorded over the last decade that's made them that.

WHAT UP

NickLed19
01-18-2011, 12:33 PM

They are not garbage.

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
They might be getting ready to temporarily close the site to redesign it.

This happened a month or so back, but it only lasted like 6 hours. It's been all day today.

AnataFan4Life
01-18-2011, 12:48 PM
So Godsmack, Disturbed, Megadeth, Machine Head, Trivium, and Kingdom of Sorrow have all been supposedly confirmed in some form so far.

larvtard
01-18-2011, 01:39 PM
So Godsmack, Disturbed, Megadeth, Machine Head, Trivium, and Kingdom of Sorrow have all been supposedly confirmed in some form so far.

All right, let me take a crack at this.

I'm honestly surprised that Disturbed is coheadlining again. Though I suppose they'd be sorta fun live. "Down With the Sickness" still gets me going :cool:

I missed Trivium back when I saw them with Slipknot (when I was a fan of them) and would definitely like to see them play. "Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr" is still pretty great.

Machine Head would be tits, though with such a short set they probably won't play enough good songs from The Blackening. They should be doing a headlining tour anyway after screwing us over with only support tours the last four years.

Megadeth would probably suck in a setting like this, though they've failed to impress me before, so I can't see them being any worse live.

As for Godsmack... :confused:
If they were only gonna play their old nu metal albums, then I wouldn't have such a problem with them being on here. It would make more sense then, because Mayhem Fest has had many nu metal bands play before. But modern-day Godsmack is merely corporate radio-rock, far more so than modern-day Disturbed is. Mayhem Fest could not possibly go any more downhill than this, even if they booked fucking Nickelback next year. Talk about changing an entire image...

mastodon421
01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
I hope Trivium is there, I need a pee break.

BloodoftheKings
01-18-2011, 01:56 PM

Machine Head and Kingdom Of Sorrow are the only ones who have been confirmed in any way. All the others have just been guessed by so many people that they feel like it's already official. And every time a band says their on a fest before it's officially announced it's not always true. Anyone remember when Dirge Within said they were on Ozzfest last year?

NickLed19
01-18-2011, 02:19 PM

:D

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
I can't really see Kingdom of Sorrow on the bill. They were a Jager opening band in 2008, and they haven't increased in popularity since then.

NickLed19
01-18-2011, 02:42 PM
They are a good band imo.

makethemsuffer12
01-18-2011, 03:08 PM

:finger2:

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
They are a good band imo.

I didn't say they weren't.

elturtleboy
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
I can't really see Kingdom of Sorrow on the bill. They were a Jager opening band in 2008, and they haven't increased in popularity since then.

Hatebreed was thee last years. Nuff said

Steev
01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
They are not garbage.

Im not saying they are

anyway Im hearing from a source(that wants to remain annonymous) that 100% confirms Disturbed, Godsmack, and Trivium

Steev
01-18-2011, 03:20 PM

they were a coheadliner on Ozzfest's 2nd stage last year under Black Label Society and Drowning Pool

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 03:52 PM
they were a coheadliner on Ozzfest's 2nd stage last year under Black Label Society and Drowning Pool

Ozzfest is known for having more underground acts than Mayhem. And that's not coheadlining, it's support.

Hatebreed is much bigger than KoS too.

AnataFan4Life
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
My money's on Kingdom of Sorrow being support on the Jager stage.

Steev
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Ozzfest is known for having more underground acts than Mayhem. And that's not coheadlining, it's support.

Hatebreed is much bigger than KoS too.

by name they get a higher profile

and Ozzfest pretty much the same as Mayhem(most Mayhem bands have done Ozzfest) and it makes perfect sense having them the year after Hatebreed does it(raises the profile)

Shadowswillfall414
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM
I think itll look something like this:
Main stage:
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Machine head

Jaagermiester stage:
Trivium
All that remains
Kingdom of sorrow

Other stage im puzzled about.

slapguitarer
01-18-2011, 04:59 PM

Yes. I've been waiting for my post to register for like, 5 minutes now.

illuminatus917
01-18-2011, 05:08 PM
The Mayhem boards have been frozen for the better part of the day.

kommie
01-18-2011, 05:09 PM
by name they get a higher profile

and Ozzfest pretty much the same as Mayhem(most Mayhem bands have done Ozzfest) and it makes perfect sense having them the year after Hatebreed does it(raises the profile)

I've never been to Mayhem cause for the most part it has sucked. I have been to 3 Ozzfest's though. So no it's not the same.

Steev
01-18-2011, 05:39 PM
I've never been to Mayhem cause for the most part it has sucked. I have been to 3 Ozzfest's though. So no it's not the same.

26 of the 36 bands that have done Mayhem have done Ozzfest

Shadowswillfall414
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Does anyone even know if ozzfest will return?

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
The Mayhem boards have been frozen for the better part of the day.

Maybe they're finally fixing the bugs

slapguitarer
01-18-2011, 06:06 PM

Hopefully.

illuminatus917
01-18-2011, 06:08 PM

Doubtful. I'll bet its being frozen is a bug. ;)

kommie
01-18-2011, 06:22 PM
26 of the 36 bands that have done Mayhem have done Ozzfest

And? It's not like the Mayhem Lineup's have been where it's actually a good selection of the bands at one Mayhem that have done Ozzfest.

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 06:23 PM
WOLVERINEKILLS is now saying that Trivium WILL be playing Mayhem 2011 on his blog.

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/01/trivium-likely-to-play-mayhem-festival.html

slapguitarer
01-18-2011, 06:26 PM
WOLVERINEKILLS is now saying that Trivium WILL be playing Mayhem 2011 on his blog.

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/01/trivium-likely-to-play-mayhem-festival.html

If Wolverine's prediction turn out to be true, I'm going to be a sad panda.

Xenocide
01-18-2011, 06:48 PM
If Wolverine's prediction turn out to be true, I'm going to be a sad panda.

I like 'em :D

slapguitarer
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
I like 'em :D

Well, overall it'd be good, but I really don't want to see Trivium, Dimmu Borgir, Suicide Silence, or Disturbed.

Shadowswillfall414
01-18-2011, 06:57 PM

HELL YEAH!!!!!! This year it turning out to be a good one (other than godsmack) :rocker:

bt11763
01-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Machine Head and Kingdom Of Sorrow are the only ones who have been confirmed in any way.

wait, when/where did this happen?

rjturtle9
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I have s trong feeling that I'm gonna be disappointed this year.

:hmm:

gilpdawg
01-18-2011, 10:37 PM
If I were to go to this, hopefully Godsmack closes, because they are complete shit, especially live, and I sorta kinda like Disturbed. I'll be in the parking lot when Godsmack comes on. I'll bet Disturbed closes though.

jd091
01-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Well... If Skeletonwitch isn't on this, hopefully they'll be on Summer Slaughter.

allthatremains98
01-18-2011, 11:36 PM
yea its either this or summer slaughter

NickLed19
01-19-2011, 12:42 AM
If I were to go to this, hopefully Godsmack closes, because they are complete shit, especially live, and I sorta kinda like Disturbed. I'll be in the parking lot when Godsmack comes on. I'll bet Disturbed closes though.

Dude they are far from bad live.

Xenocide
01-19-2011, 03:11 AM
wait, when/where did this happen?

If you read through the thread you would know.

Steev
01-19-2011, 05:16 AM
one week from the announcement

jhdeity
01-19-2011, 06:18 AM
Dude they are far from bad live.

I'll say this about Godsmack. The 1st time I saw them I was uber-impressed. The dual drum thing hadn't been so overdone that it becomes totally cliche' and they were energetic and had the place rocking.

By the 3rd time I saw them it was like a one trick pony. Go awaaaaaaaaay, get awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, keep awaaaaaaaaaay, stay awaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Seriously they've gotten progressively worse with every cd to me. I can't believe people actually like their new cd. The 1st time I heard Whiskey Hangover (bonus track but still one of the worst songs of 2010) I knew the rest of the cd was going to suck. Cryin' like a bitch is just stupid. Both songs just show how much time Sully is putting into his poker playing and how little he cares about writing clever or interesting lyrics. They'll bring out girls but other than that they're just a hinderance to a longer Machine Head set to me.

BlindGuardian93
01-19-2011, 08:04 AM
I'll say this about Godsmack. The 1st time I saw them I was uber-impressed. The dual drum thing hadn't been so overdone that it becomes totally cliche' and they were energetic and had the place rocking.

By the 3rd time I saw them it was like a one trick pony. Go awaaaaaaaaay, get awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, keep awaaaaaaaaaay, stay awaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Seriously they've gotten progressively worse with every cd to me. I can't believe people actually like their new cd. The 1st time I heard Whiskey Hangover (bonus track but still one of the worst songs of 2010) I knew the rest of the cd was going to suck. Cryin' like a bitch is just stupid. Both songs just show how much time Sully is putting into his poker playing and how little he cares about writing clever or interesting lyrics. They'll bring out girls but other than that they're just a hinderance to a longer Machine Head set to me.

I have never seen them before so id at least like to see them once. and hopefully they will play alot off of the first 2 cds

bt11763
01-19-2011, 08:14 AM
If you read through the thread you would know.

oh excuse me for not wanting to skim through 10 pages of WAHH THIS BAND SUCKS NO YOU SUCKK OMG WOLVERINE GIVE US MORE DETAILS THIS IS WHO I THINK IS GONNA BE ON IT NO YOU'RE WRONG THEY SUCK NO YOU SUCK

Xenocide
01-19-2011, 11:10 AM
oh excuse me for not wanting to skim through 10 pages of WAHH THIS BAND SUCKS NO YOU SUCKK OMG WOLVERINE GIVE US MORE DETAILS THIS IS WHO I THINK IS GONNA BE ON IT NO YOU'RE WRONG THEY SUCK NO YOU SUCK

It was 2 pages back from your post...

Anyways, Rob Flynn said at NAMM that MH is on the main stage.

NickLed19
01-19-2011, 01:09 PM

I can understand what you are saying. I have just seen them once and was pretty shocked at how much they had the crowd into it.

jhdeity
01-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I can understand what you are saying. I have just seen them once and was pretty shocked at how much they had the crowd into it.

Yeah they're cool to see once then it gets old. Watching a great drummer like Shannon Larkin totally neutered kills me too. That guy is a total beast but they have him playing the most simplistic shit. If you want to hear him totally crush check out Wrathchild America - Climbing the Walls & 3D. I even liked him in Amen better than the shit he's playing now.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-19-2011, 01:48 PM
2 more small stage bands I can confirm:

Straight Line Stitch
All Shall Perish

Hardcore kids rejoice!!!

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/01/more-bands-rumored-for-mayhem-festival.html

bt11763
01-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Straight Line Stitch

yikes:eyes:

Steev
01-19-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm kind of expecting the stages to end up like this

MAIN:
Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth
Machine Head

SILVER STAR:
Trivium
Suicide Silence
All Shall Perish
Straight Line Stitch

JAGERMEISTER:
In Flames
Kingdom of Sorrow
Unearth

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 02:09 PM

Straight Line Stitch
All Shall Perish

Hardcore kids rejoice!!![/url]

All shall perish i live with but straight line stitch :eyes:

Idk this year is looking to be like 2008.

bt11763
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
It was 2 pages back from your post...

Anyways, Rob Flynn said at NAMM that MH is on the main stage.

oh, shibby. i need to see them again, wish it wasn't main stage though

larvtard
01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't like how this is looking. I REALLY don't want to go to Mayhem just for Machine Head.

Steev
01-19-2011, 02:16 PM
All shall perish i live with but straight line stitch :eyes:

Idk this year is looking to be like 2008.

well 2008 and 2010 were the years that sold really well so basically expect that kind of scenario

honestly it sounds like with alot of the bands theyre booking theyre basically just sending a big "fuck you" to anyone else booking summer tours, like just getting as many big names as possible to gaurentee people go

Steev
01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
oh, shibby. i need to see them again, wish it wasn't main stage though

Main is fun if the venue has pit

usually when its an older band like MH it just means the idiots are still drinking and looking down the shirts of the Jager girls, meanwhile you enjoy Machine Head without the douchebaggery

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
I WANT 2009 BACK :mad:

Steev
01-19-2011, 02:21 PM
I WANT 2009 BACK :mad:

probably should invest in a time machine then ;)

Steev
01-19-2011, 02:22 PM
also Im just saying this right now for anyone that's also on the Mayhem boards

when they announce the lineup and System of A Down is NOT on it, I am going to be soo obnoxious

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 02:24 PM
also Im just saying this right now for anyone that's also on the Mayhem boards

when they announce the lineup and System of A Down is NOT on it, I am going to be soo obnoxious

Hey back then it would have been likely. Not any more sadly :boohoo:

Steev
01-19-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey back then it would have been likely. Not any more sadly :boohoo:

yeaaah but Im tired of the morons basically yelling their opinions over and over, the only facts they have is that they arent playing the US

that's like saying Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit are gonna co-headline because they dont have any summer plans

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 02:29 PM
yeaaah but Im tired of the morons basically yelling their opinions over and over, the only facts they have is that they arent playing the US

that's like saying Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit are gonna co-headline because they dont have any summer plans

Good point. Even on soads website it said that they had no deff plans after that. Anyways if linkin park and limp bizkit co-headline ever heads will be smashed lol had to say it :mad:

DisposableJustice
01-19-2011, 02:31 PM
I don't like how this is looking. I REALLY don't want to go to Mayhem just for Machine Head.

I'm in the same boat the only band I'd be super interested in is Megadeth and maybe Machine head and that is it:hmm:

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Im coming to a realization where megadeth might not be there but hey you never know.

makethemsuffer12
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM

Straight Line Stitch
All Shall Perish

Hardcore kids rejoice!!!

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/01/more-bands-rumored-for-mayhem-festival.html

ASP is alright, but SLS...

jd091
01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
ASP is alright, but SLS...

I don't mind ASP either, musically. Hate hardcore kids though, obviously.

Steev
01-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Im coming to a realization where megadeth might not be there but hey you never know.

the person I heard Megadeth from is a pretty reliable source(and has ties to a couple RoadRunner bands)

it's suspicious but makes for a great tour

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 02:57 PM
the person I heard Megadeth from is a pretty reliable source(and has ties to a couple RoadRunner bands)

it's suspicious but makes for a great tour

Oh well then. Idk Its just i dont see megadeth going on before godsmack and disturbed. Honestly its just not right :hmm:

kommie
01-19-2011, 03:02 PM
This year will suck, just like all the others. There was one year where Behemoth were there and cannibal corpse, but it really isn't worth it for two bands, and as odd as it seems I don't like Slayer. I mean last year KoRn and Rob Zombie headlined over Lamb of God. Seriously?

NickLed19
01-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Main Stage will be cool. 2nd stage looks awful. Hopefully either All That Remains or Skeletonwitch plays.

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
This year will suck, just like all the others. There was one year where Behemoth were there and cannibal corpse, but it really isn't worth it for two bands, and as odd as it seems I don't like Slayer. I mean last year KoRn and Rob Zombie headlined over Lamb of God. Seriously?

:mad: How can anyone not like slayer. Anyways i see what your coming from.

bt11763
01-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Main is fun if the venue has pit

usually when its an older band like MH it just means the idiots are still drinking and looking down the shirts of the Jager girls, meanwhile you enjoy Machine Head without the douchebaggery

yeah not thanks i'm not paying that much :lol:

vampur76
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
KoS not playing mayhem , hatebreed gonna make gigs in europe same time

Shadowswillfall414
01-19-2011, 03:52 PM

:boohoo:

elturtleboy
01-19-2011, 04:04 PM

awww lame

vampur76
01-19-2011, 05:59 PM
I think some bands are just bluffing about mayhem, about the rumored bands I see mayhem for sure for this bands, godsmack, unearth and maybe trivium, the only scenario I can see godsmack and disturbed is the much mentioned tour together but doing it in mayhem and no megadeth they are gonna be busy with big four; january 26 we are going to see if skeletonwitch plays on mayhem or ss

smearCampaign
01-19-2011, 06:04 PM
This lineup sounds horrible. I hope Skeletonwitch is on a more appealing package this summer.

Magson13
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM

You don't like SLAYER, but you like Lamb of God? Interesting how you choose metalcore over thrash. Scene faggot.

slapguitarer
01-19-2011, 06:39 PM
You don't like SLAYER, but you like Lamb of God? Interesting how you choose metalcore over thrash. Scene faggot.

First of all, Lamb of God isn't scene. Secondly, I'm on the same boat, but I prefer Thrash or Metalcore/Groove Metal.

I seriously don't understand why so many people have huge boners for Slayer. They've been playing the save riff for 28 years. That shit gets old quick.

stevepwn
01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
slayer is great, even world painted blood 5-6 good songs on it :rocker:

mankvill
01-19-2011, 06:46 PM
They've been playing the save riff for 28 years. That shit gets old quick.

This is what people who like Lamb of God actually think

slapguitarer
01-19-2011, 06:48 PM

Well, I should have said I prefer LoG to Slayer. LoG isn't that interesting, but more so than Slayer. The main point I'm trying to get across is that LoG isn't what the scene kids listen to.

jd091
01-19-2011, 07:13 PM

I'm a LOG fan, and I don't think that...

larvtard
01-19-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm a LOG fan, and I don't think that...

I think he meant a 'typical' Lamb of God fan. Like, you know, the type of people you could reasonably guess are big LOG fans just by looking at them or something.

BlackmoreOfBowling
01-19-2011, 07:54 PM
They've been playing the save riff for 28 years. That shit gets old quick.

Misguided or not, might I remind you that Motörhead's been doing this for thirty-six years now. And Lemmy is still God amongst all other musicians. The total world population in general as well. *lol*, groove metal.

Speaking of Motörhead, this fantastic tour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Masters_Tour) is what needs to occur every year in America.

slapguitarer
01-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Misguided or not, might I remind you that Motörhead's been doing this for thirty-six years now. And Lemmy is still God amongst all other musicians. The total world population in general as well. *lol*, groove metal.

Speaking of Motörhead, this fantastic tour (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Masters_Tour) is what needs to occur every year in America.

I don't like them either. :eyes: Super formulated bands just don't really click with me. Except for Amon Amarth.

Magson13
01-19-2011, 10:11 PM
Lamb of God is exactly what scene kids listen to. hey think it makes them cool to listen to the shitty metalcore shit that's being churned out by corporations these days.