PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival 2011

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-17-2010, 01:23 PM
dude wolverine theyre talking shit about your credibility on the mayhem boards

Lol let me guess... Ozzfest 2010?

I recall them doing the same thing last year when I told them Zombie, Hatebreed, LoG, 5FDP, 3IOB, Shadows Fall & Chimaira would play in 2010.

:)

However I must say that this year the info I am getting is not as solid.

street_burial
12-17-2010, 01:34 PM
i made a thread with a link to this thread and they started talkin shit

bt11763
12-17-2010, 01:36 PM
i like cradle and i think they would be fun on mayhem :eyes:

xStructualDefect
12-17-2010, 03:29 PM
if Disturbed is headlining i'm gonna be pissed. like already said, they co-headlined in '08, and played Uproar last year.

the chewbacca defense
12-17-2010, 10:30 PM
i made a thread with a link to this thread and they started talkin shit

i always confuse the "offiical" board, and the other one, that i and alot of this board are on http://mayhemforums.vanillaforums.com/

idrinkwine732
12-17-2010, 10:44 PM
i always confuse the "offiical" board, and the other one, that i and alot of this board are on http://mayhemforums.vanillaforums.com/

Well, me you and Jay are the only frequent contributors to both forums.

JudasPriest89
12-18-2010, 02:00 PM
I would go for all these bands if the line up is true.

Problem, Who would headline?

jd091
12-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Problem, Who would headline?

I can't imagine Disturbed ever headlining over SOAD

Xenocide
12-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Cradle of Filth just got confirmed for Wacken, so cross em off. Thankfully.

xStructualDefect
12-18-2010, 03:56 PM
Cradle of Filth just got confirmed for Wacken, so cross em off. Thankfully.

i wouldn't count on it. like discussed before, BFMV left Mayhem for a few dates back in '09 to play Wacken. i could still see COF, Bodom, or Trivium on this, unless they announce more European dates that conflict with Mayhem's routing.

JLRedWing13
12-20-2010, 12:08 AM
No Cradle gives me a happy. :party:

No Children of Bodom gives me a sad. :(

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
I had a brief email with my best source today. This is the source who told me about who was playing on Mayhem last year- he told me all of the bands in advance and it all turned out to be true.

He tells me that SoaD is NOT headlining Mayhem. He also said that Megadeth is definitely out to as the Big 4 should be in the US during Mayhem Fest.

I asked him about Disturbed, Godsmack and Deftones. I got a :) as a reply.

I think it is very likely that Disturbed is headlining this year along with the Deftones. Its possible Godsmack is on board too. I don't think Deftones are popular enough to carry the 2nd headlining spot yet.

The info has been contradictory at times and trickling in very slowly but I will keep you posted on what I hear.

street_burial
12-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I had a brief email with my best source today. This is the source who told me about who was playing on Mayhem last year- he told me all of the bands in advance and it all turned out to be true.

He tells me that SoaD is NOT headlining Mayhem. He also said that Megadeth is definitely out to as the Big 4 should be in the US during Mayhem Fest.

I think it is very likely that Disturbed is headlining this year along with the Deftones. Its possible Godsmack is on board too. I don't think Deftones are popular enough to carry the 2nd headlining spot yet.

The info has been contradictory at times and trickling in very slowly but I will keep you posted on what I hear.

i honestly hope not. any info on side stage bands?

jd091
12-21-2010, 04:56 PM

Godsmack was very *meh* when I saw them headline Rock on the Range. And I could care less about Disturbed. I just wanna know about the Jager stage :)

DisposableJustice
12-21-2010, 05:01 PM

Meh the only reason I would go to Mayhem is for SOAD

oh well maybe this means they'll do a headlining tour in the US

*fingers crossed*

street_burial
12-21-2010, 05:02 PM
i guess i should say that when i asked the vocalist from skeletonwitch if they were going to play next year he said "anything is possible"

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-21-2010, 05:14 PM
I specifically asked about CoF, CoB, Trivium, AILD, Dimmu, Skeletonwitch, Unearth, etc. and the Uproar tour but did not get a response.

I know he knows the info, but he works in the music biz so it is possible with what he does that the product he produces for certain events he may have to sign a confedentiality clause. Its obvious that the Mayhem crew probably didn't like the entire line up all over the interwebs before Christmas last year :D

He did say that Sully from Godsmack was going on a 3 week tour. He also said that he is working on something for Mark Tremonti's upcoming solo album... he said SOLO (not Creed or AB).

idrinkwine732
12-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Any way you can find out when that Big 4 tour announcement will be?

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-21-2010, 05:24 PM
He said he heard that it would take place in late July/early August. I asked him if it was 1 show or several and he says he didn't know but would pass along any info he recieves about it.

No idea on an announcement, but I would say in February would be the right time. Thats when alot of people start getting their tax refunds :party:

DisposableJustice
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM
He said he heard that it would take place in late July/early August. I asked him if it was 1 show or several and he says he didn't know but would pass along any info he recieves about it.

No idea on an announcement, but I would say in February would be the right time. Thats when alot of people start getting their tax refunds :party:

LOL nice that is the perfect time; Thank you for all your info WK!

idrinkwine732
12-21-2010, 05:25 PM

Alright. I just wanted to know if it was imminent, which it doesn't sound like it is. I'm havin' money troubles and need some time to save up a bit.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-21-2010, 05:37 PM
I have no idea, sorry man.

vampur76
12-22-2010, 08:15 PM
anthrax is confirmed for a festival in europe in july 17

xStructualDefect
12-23-2010, 05:07 AM
Disturbed and Godsmack? i fucking hope not.

Xenocide
12-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Disturbed and Godsmack? i fucking hope not.

This.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-24-2010, 07:15 AM
I think the smilie I got back was indication I was headed in the right direction, not necessarily confirming all of those bands will be there.

From the start my sources were divided on who would play. I heard SoaD outpriced themselves. The other sources are saying Disturbed will headline. I think they are right. I do believe that another band will headline over them. Not sure who but the possibilities are Godsmack, Alice in Chains, Rammstein, Tool... the only one that fits is Godsmack. AiC said they are done touring until their next album drops. Rammstein sells well on the coasts but would not sell as well in the mid-west & south so that would be a gamble imo. Tool is too big. They sell more albums than Slipknot or Metallica at this point.

Of course its also possible Disturbed won't headline and Godsmack & Deftones are the headliners which imo could be likely. Of course there is also a chance they could be unleashing a suprise and have RATM, Soundgarden or Foo Fighters headline...

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-24-2010, 07:34 AM
An for some good news, my source sent me an email saying he will send me some more bands (including headliners) for Mayhem over Christmas break. I will share this info in early 2011 when I return from my holiday travels :D

street_burial
12-24-2010, 08:28 AM
Of course there is also a chance they could be unleashing a suprise and have RATM, Soundgarden or Foo Fighters headline...

I really hope it's none of those. I dont understand why they cant go back to the kind of headliner/bands they had in 2009 (NOT manson). I think at this point they could go back to having good metal.

An for some good news, my source sent me an email saying he will send me some more bands (including headliners) for Mayhem over Christmas break. I will share this info in early 2011 when I return from my holiday travels :D

first week in january?

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Depends on when I get his email and when I decide to come back home. Middle of Jan. at the latest.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-24-2010, 12:06 PM
AILD joins Trivium, Bodom, CoF, etc as the list of rumored bands who are now playing Wacked.

rugbyman
12-24-2010, 12:12 PM
AILD joins Trivium, Bodom, CoF, etc as the list of rumored bands who are now playing Wacked.

that sucks...

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-24-2010, 12:29 PM
As a guess, I say some of the following bands are the ones on the fest:

Disturbed
Godsmack
Deftones
Devildriver
HellYeah
Lacuna Coil
The Agonist
Gwar
All Shall Perish
Testament
Lazarus A. D.
Dimmu Borgir
Skeletonwitch
All That Remains
Unearth
Times of Grace

By all means take that with a grain of salt. It seems like it changes so often. Some of those bands will make it, other will sign to play Wacken next week :D

street_burial
12-24-2010, 12:35 PM
As a guess, I say some of the following bands are the ones on the fest:

Deftones
Devildriver
All Shall Perish
Testament
Lazarus A. D.
Dimmu Borgir
Skeletonwitch
All That Remains
Unearth

only ones on that list that id like to see at mayhem next year.

mastodon421
12-24-2010, 02:11 PM

Fuck, I really wanted them to be there too.

xStructualDefect
12-24-2010, 05:18 PM
eh. i really don't have high hopes for this years' lineup anymore. pretty sure it's gonna be Disturbed and Godsmack headlining..

bt11763
12-24-2010, 09:41 PM
only ones on that list that id like to see at mayhem next year.

you forgot gwar.

the side stages would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking awesome for me to go if these headliners match up to your info.

BloodoftheKings
12-24-2010, 09:44 PM
the side stages would have to be REALLY REALLY REALLY fucking awesome for me to go if these headliners match up to your info.

same, Disturbed and godsmack :barf::barf::barf:
I cant imagine the side stages being that good seeing as mayhem never had more then 4 good bands.

bt11763
12-24-2010, 10:31 PM
same, Disturbed and godsmack :barf::barf::barf:
I cant imagine the side stages being that good seeing as mayhem never had more then 4 good bands.

eh, yeah. first two years weren't really that bad, especially because the good was fucking fantastic. then again if i can get lawn for $14 like this year and GWAR are on the side stage, i'll be there. i never miss gwar.

BloodoftheKings
12-24-2010, 10:37 PM
then again if i can get lawn for $14 like this year and GWAR are on the side stage, i'll be there.

Money isn't the problem for me. I'd pay $60 to see a shitty lineup like last year's if it was close by. Im just not gonna go on a 3 hour trip to see a festival headlined by washed up nu metal bands.

bt11763
12-24-2010, 11:00 PM
Money isn't the problem for me. I'd pay $60 to see a shitty lineup like last year's if it was close by. Im just not gonna go on a 3 hour trip to see a festival headlined by washed up nu metal bands.

precisely. it doesn't take THAT long to get to PNC though :tongue:

BloodoftheKings
12-24-2010, 11:07 PM
precisely. it doesn't take THAT long to get to PNC though :tongue:

never been, how long does it take on average?

bt11763
12-25-2010, 10:59 PM
never been, how long does it take on average?

honestly, like an hour/hour and a half. maybe two with really bad traffic. what town do you live in?

AnataFan4Life
12-26-2010, 04:41 AM
Wacken starts on the 4th of August. There's no Mayhem date on the 4th, so if any of the once rumored bands play on the 4th, there's a chance they could still do the tour >_>

vampur76
12-28-2010, 06:45 PM
they can do the tour but must miss 2 dates betwen 3 and 5 to make wacken show

street_burial
12-28-2010, 09:16 PM
you forgot gwar.

I'd MUCH rather see GWAR on their own headlining tour where they get around 2 1/2 hours to play. its the right way to see gwar instead of and hour long set where half the stage show is cut.

bt11763
12-28-2010, 09:20 PM
I'd MUCH rather see GWAR on their own headlining tour where they get around 2 1/2 hours to play. its the right way to see gwar instead of and hour long set where half the stage show is cut.

well yeah, but it's still awesome. especially if you're only paying like 14 bucks.

street_burial
12-30-2010, 08:16 AM
so i dont know if anyone on here saw it but it appeared as if someone posted a rumored line-up on the 2011 mayhem wikipedia page last night. it has since been taken down, but the line-up was.

Main Stage:

Sytem Of A Down
Godsmack
Deftones
All That Remain

Jager Stage:

Hellyeah
Devildriver
Unearth
Children Of Bodom

Mayhem Stage:

Cradle Of Filth
Lazarus A.D.
All Shall Perish
Skeletonwitch
Arch Enemy

this is the stupidest line-up ive seen. not because of the bands, but because of where they're placed.

and if this line-up is true (which i highly, highly doubt), i will not be attending mayhem next year

mankvill
12-30-2010, 09:30 AM
It happens every year and it's never been right.

BloodoftheKings
12-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Main Stage:

Sytem Of A Down
Godsmack
Deftones
Cradle Of Filth

Jager Stage:

All That Remains
Hellyeah
Devildriver
Unearth
Jager Band

Mayhem Stage:

Children Of Bodom
Arch Enemy
Lazarus A.D.
Skeletonwitch
All Shall Perish

This would make sense

Blackened12
12-30-2010, 12:22 PM
so i dont know if anyone on here saw it but it appeared as if someone posted a rumored line-up on the 2011 mayhem wikipedia page last night. it has since been taken down, but the line-up was.

Main Stage:

Sytem Of A Down
Godsmack
Deftones
All That Remain

Jager Stage:

Hellyeah
Devildriver
Unearth
Children Of Bodom

Mayhem Stage:

Cradle Of Filth
Lazarus A.D.
All Shall Perish
Skeletonwitch
Arch Enemy

this is the stupidest line-up ive seen. not because of the bands, but because of where they're placed.

and if this line-up is true (which i highly, highly doubt), i will not be attending mayhem next year

Switch COF and ATR and I would go to this in a heartbeat.

jd091
12-30-2010, 01:36 PM
I know they're not big here, but if Arch Enemy is opening for the 3rd Stage then thats complete bullshit. They should be headlining that stage at the least.

idrinkwine732
12-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I know they're not big here, but if Arch Enemy is opening for the 3rd Stage then thats complete bullshit. They should be headlining that stage at the least.

They're big enough to headline over Exodus here. There's no way that's right.

300%_Density
12-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Or get rid of All That Remains altogether and we are looking at a great show. Theres no way they should even open mainstage.

Natrlhi
12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
They're big enough to headline over Exodus here. There's no way that's right.:agree: Beat me to it.

mastodon421
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM

Main Stage:

Sytem Of A Down
Godsmack
Deftones
All That Remain

Jager Stage:

Hellyeah
Devildriver
Unearth
Children Of Bodom

Mayhem Stage:

Cradle Of Filth
Lazarus A.D.
All Shall Perish
Skeletonwitch
Arch Enemy

I know this lineup is fake, but with the exception Of HellYeah and Cradle this lineup is good.

stevepwn
12-30-2010, 04:56 PM
thats a damn good lineup i hope its true. cept i dont like the main stage

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-30-2010, 07:03 PM
SoaD WILL NOT play on Mayhem Fest 2011. Neither is Devildriver.

IrritatedTrout
12-30-2010, 07:52 PM

Sweet. I'd hate to have to go to Mayhem to see SOAD.

TonyD
12-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Any committment reasons or is it just because they're too expensive? In other words, solo US summer tour?

DisposableJustice
12-30-2010, 09:43 PM

Good in a way hopefully they will do their own headlining tour with more stage time :horns:

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Okay, since I told ya about 2 bands who won't be there, who are two who I will confirm that are going play in 2011 according to all of my sources. 2 bands near the same status of popularity:

Godsmack
Unearth

More to come :)

slapguitarer
12-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Okay, since I told ya about 2 bands who won't be there, who are two who I will confirm that are going play in 2011 according to all of my sources. 2 bands near the same status of popularity:

Godsmack
Unearth

So far, so good.

BlindGuardian93
12-31-2010, 05:37 AM
Good Start :D

mastodon421
12-31-2010, 05:54 AM
Good in a way hopefully they will do their own headlining tour with more stage time :horns:

+1, I'm actually pretty happy there not playing Mayhem, I want to see a long set from them.

RAZOR
12-31-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm assuming Godsmack is on the main stage?

mastodon421
12-31-2010, 07:19 AM
I'm assuming Godsmack is on the main stage?

I'm gonna assume their headlining. I can pretty much take it or leave it, they could have worse headliners. On the other hand, I am really excited about Unearth, They puy on an awesome show.

RAZOR
12-31-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm gonna assume their headlining. I can pretty much take it or leave it, they could have worse headliners. On the other hand, I am really excited about Unearth, They puy on an awesome show.

Yeah, they could have Disturbed again. :lol:

Er...that rumor that they're headlining has been shot down, right? I can't remember.

mastodon421
12-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Yeah, they could have Disturbed again. :lol:

Er...that rumor that they're headlining has been shot down, right? I can't remember.

I don't know actually, Hopefully it has:lol:

makethemsuffer12
12-31-2010, 09:39 AM

Godsmack
Unearth

lolwut? Not at all.

It is nice to finally see Unearth on this tour. They've had just about every other MA-based metalcore band on the tour, so it's about time.

I can't say I really give two shits about Godsmack, though I guess it would be cool to see them.

street_burial
12-31-2010, 09:44 AM
what are the chances of Divine Heresy playing?

bt11763
12-31-2010, 10:41 AM
lolwut? Not at all.

It is nice to finally see Unearth on this tour. They've had just about every other MA-based metalcore band on the tour, so it's about time.

I can't say I really give two shits about Godsmack, though I guess it would be cool to see them.

all of this

GWAR654
12-31-2010, 10:52 AM
what are the chances of Divine Heresy playing?

talked to travis and they said they are recording feb-march so never know?

Xenocide
12-31-2010, 11:04 AM
I'm extremely happy about Unearth, and I'm fine with Godsmack because they were the band that got me into rock when I was a wee lad. Hopefully Disturbed stays far away.

nickbaird3491
12-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Unearth and Godsmack aren't really close in popularity haha. But I guess I don't mind seeing Godsmack on here because I've never seen them and I'll probably know all the songs they play. Really excited for Unearth, band rules live.

AnthG
12-31-2010, 12:35 PM
When WOLVERINEKILLS Said "2 bands close in status and popularity", I don't think he was comparing Unearth and Godsmack, but comparing Godsmack to System of a Down and Unearth to Devildriver, as SOAD and DD were recently confirmed by him NOT to be on Mayhem.

...I think.

nickbaird3491
12-31-2010, 12:53 PM
When WOLVERINEKILLS Said "2 bands close in status and popularity", I don't think he was comparing Unearth and Godsmack, but comparing Godsmack to System of a Down and Unearth to Devildriver, as SOAD and DD were recently confirmed by him NOT to be on Mayhem.

...I think.

That makes a lot more sense.

GWAR654
12-31-2010, 01:06 PM
i dont mean to be a dick here but how can we trust wolverine? i dont know him or anything so thats why i was asking.

nickbaird3491
12-31-2010, 02:02 PM
i dont mean to be a dick here but how can we trust wolverine? i dont know him or anything so thats why i was asking.

He was the one who knew most of the lineup to last years a month or two before it was released. Plus, his sources are usually correct. He's in the know, so to speak.

TonyD
12-31-2010, 03:19 PM
We ain't ignint.
He's proven himself as a pretty reliable source.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-31-2010, 05:00 PM
We ain't ignint.
He's proven himself as a pretty reliable source.

Thanks for the support my friends. Just remember that nothing is certain or official until it is released by the tour organizers or the band.

I meant to compare Godsmack with SoaD & Unearth with Devildrver.

SoaD will not headline. I was told they outpriced themselves. Devildriver has beentelling fans they will not play. This is probably due to Dez's loyalty to Sharon since she managed him way back in the Coal Chamber days.

I have a few other bands I am trying to get some type of confirmation on for Mayhem. Sit tight & I will post more info as I get it.

BlindGuardian93
01-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Sweet can't wait.

AnthG
01-01-2011, 11:00 AM
Devildriver has beentelling fans they will not play. This is probably due to Dez's loyalty to Sharon since she managed him way back in the Coal Chamber days.

Devildriver did the first Sounds of the Underground tour which competed with Ozzfest. I know SOTU was on a much smaller scale than Ozzfest and Mayhem, but they were still a pretty big competitor in 05 and 06 with Ozzfest.

street_burial
01-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Sounds of the Underground

i never got to go to that :( :snivel: :boohoo: :bawling::bawling::bawling:

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-01-2011, 11:30 AM
They could play. But they have been teling people that they won't play. Yeah, they could be BSing...

jd091
01-01-2011, 12:08 PM
The guys from After the Burial have been saying that they are definitely gonna get onto either this tour or Warped. I for one really hope they get on this!

Nick_to_the_face
01-01-2011, 12:48 PM
The guys from After the Burial have been saying that they are definitely gonna get onto either this tour or Warped. I for one really hope they get on this!

This.
They kicked some ass when I saw them on the MAW tour last year

vampur76
01-01-2011, 05:48 PM
any news about the big four?

AnthG
01-02-2011, 10:50 PM
They could play. But they have been teling people that they won't play. Yeah, they could be BSing...

I'm not saying that they're bullshitting people by telling they won't play, i'm saying the speculative reason for them not playing is bullshit.

BlindGuardian93
01-04-2011, 10:16 AM
I really dont forsee devildriver being there this year

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-04-2011, 06:16 PM
For Sure:
Godsmack
Unearth

Good Possibilities (I can't confirm yet):
Deftones
BLS
Disturbed
Dimmu Borgir
All That Remains

rjturtle9
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
For Sure:
Godsmack
Unearth

Deftones
BLS
Disturbed
Dimmu Borgir
All That Remains

Wick wick wickedy wack!

street_burial
01-04-2011, 06:38 PM
For Sure:
Godsmack
Unearth

Deftones
BLS
Disturbed
Dimmu Borgir
All That Remains

meh. what are the chances of soilwork playing?

slapguitarer
01-04-2011, 06:45 PM
I really hope Dimmu Borgir and BLS stay far away from this tour.

jd091
01-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Unearth = good

bt11763
01-04-2011, 08:33 PM
I really hope Dimmu Borgir and BLS stay far away from this tour.

Unearth = good

^

vampur76
01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
i hope disturbed in not in this, but i DOUBT IT ANYWAy

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-05-2011, 03:40 AM
Received an email this morning from my best source. Consider these bands very likely to play:

Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Unearth

He is trying to confirm other bands and will be in touch once he finds out more info. No SoaD, Rammstein, or Deftones for 2011.

TonyD
01-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Ugh

mankvill
01-05-2011, 04:02 AM
Received an email this morning from my best source. Consider these bands very likely to play:

Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Unearth

He is trying to confirm other bands and will be in touch once he finds out more info. No SoaD, Rammstein, or Deftones for 2011.

so no traveling big 4 tour

BlindGuardian93
01-05-2011, 04:06 AM

Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Unearth

On a scale of 1-10 how likely?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-05-2011, 04:12 AM
Big 4 will likely happen before or after Mayhem. Those bands are 90% gonna play Mayhem IMO

rugbyman
01-05-2011, 04:17 AM

Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Unearth

little upset about no deftones. and i don't see godsmack, disturbed, and megadeth all playing.

BlindGuardian93
01-05-2011, 04:24 AM
little upset about no deftones. and i don't see godsmack, disturbed, and megadeth all playing.

yeah i dont think they could fit all 3 of those bands on mainstage unless that is the mainstage

IrritatedTrout
01-05-2011, 07:03 AM
I'll be pissed if Megadeth is playing.

mastodon421
01-05-2011, 08:05 AM
I really hope Megadeth is playing and Disturbed isn't. I am a little bummed Deftones won't be there.

DisposableJustice
01-05-2011, 08:07 AM
????

ok if Megadeth is playing they would at least miss the first date because that is the France Big 4 show; plus I'd think there would be more than 2 Big 4 European/UK shows?

AnataFan4Life
01-05-2011, 08:22 AM
Maybe this is a stupid prediction, but maybe they are gonna try rotating lineups. Wolverine, have you heard anything about that? I just seem suspicious of this due to how many bands seem poised to do this and festivals in Europe.

jd091
01-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Need moar side stage bands!

BlindGuardian93
01-05-2011, 08:56 AM
yeah there really does seem to be an overwhelming number of bands doing festivals in Europe.

Sanitarium78
01-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this whole festival thing has run it's course? Yes, it's great exposure for some of the lesser known bands but you never get to see anyone play a proper headlining set now due to festival time restrictions.

Disturbed has done enough US festivals and doesn't need to be on another one ever again. It would really suck if Megadeth was on this and Godsmack headlined over them:barf:

BlindGuardian93
01-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Am I the only one who thinks this whole festival thing has run it's course? Yes, it's great exposure for some of the lesser known bands but you never get to see anyone play a proper headlining set now due to festival time restrictions.

Disturbed has done enough US festivals and doesn't need to be on another one ever again. It would really suck if Megadeth was on this and Godsmack headlined over them:barf:

I think that festivals are great but i think you are right with the Megadeth thing. I have a feeling that Godsmack would headline over them. Which obviously it should be reversed like in 09 Slayer should have closed over Manson.

TonyD
01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't think they would. It would actually be worse if Megadeth played after them because you'd have to sit through Godsmack to see Megadeth.

mastodon421
01-05-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't think they would. It would actually be worse if Megadeth played after them because you'd have to sit through Godsmack to see Megadeth.

Completely agree.

DethMaiden
01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd sit through Godsmack if they did that song from The Scorpion King soundtrack.

:eyes:

street_burial
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
i would sit through godsmack if they played 2 or 3 songs off the 'faceless' album. and if they played 'voodoo'

NickLed19
01-05-2011, 01:33 PM
They always play Voodoo. Godsmack puts on an amazing show, saw them on Cruefest and they blew Motley off the stage. It was kinda sad, people were leaving.

So if Megadeth is playing will it go like this.

Disturbed
Godsmack
Megadeth

TonyD
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Seeing that makes it seem like even more of an abomination.

mankvill
01-05-2011, 01:54 PM
They could do a lot worse than Godsmack.

mastodon421
01-05-2011, 02:05 PM
They could do a lot worse than Godsmack.

+1, they could bring back Manson to headline again.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-05-2011, 02:17 PM
My friend who gave me the entire line up last year told me about these bands.

I know Megadeth has one conflicting date and the Big 4 tour to work around. Personally, I am not sure they are on it. Then again, Roadrunner Records always has a main stage band and this year it almost has to be Megadeth.

I am very, very confident about Godsmack, Disturbed, and Unearth. I am about 75% certain on Megadeth just for the fact my source is always on the mark with his info.

The others I have named are among dozens that were in negotiations at one point in time.

Megadeth is great and more important to me than Godsmack and Disturbed, but those bands sell more albums and have bigger attendance when you compare concerts. No way will Megadeth headliner over more popular, radio friendly bands.

As for Dimmu, BLS, All That Remains, I am awaiting word on those bands. In my opinion I think Gwar, Lacuna Coil, Lazarus AD, Baptized by Blood have a decent shot at landing at spot on Mayhem.

Just remember that since I was able to let everyone know the line up way in advance last year, they have kept the secret of the line up for 2011 alot better :mad: With that said, the information is more difficult to receive and I encourage you to not take the info for this year as a 'fact' just because the info for last year was on the mark. Nothing is official until bands or festival organizers confirm it. Lots of bands receive offers or try to buy a slot on a festival so they can play. Lots of negotiations take place and I am sure alot of promises are broken due to this ;)

AnthG
01-05-2011, 02:19 PM
We'll know by the end of the month officially i'm sure. Not like we have long to wait.

NickLed19
01-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Any word on Testament or Skeletonwitch?

BlindGuardian93
01-05-2011, 02:51 PM
true we do only have about 3 weeks i would just like to know asap as to if it is worth saving money over, judging by what i have been seeing it is looking promising.

NickLed19
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
Yea for sure. I would be pretty happy if Godsmack, Disturbed, and Megadeth were on the main stage. Add a couple good side stage acts and I am down.

BlindGuardian93
01-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Yea for sure. I would be pretty happy if Godsmack, Disturbed, and Megadeth were on the main stage. Add a couple good side stage acts and I am down.

Agreed

BloodoftheKings
01-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Megadeth opening for Disturbed and Godsmack would be a fucking disgrace.

slapguitarer
01-05-2011, 07:12 PM

This.

MPF
01-05-2011, 07:20 PM

Absolutely, but marketing wise it would make sense. As fucking shitty as it is, Godsmack and Disturbed are bigger to the average person because they are more mainstream.

But wait a tick, what happened to the Big 4 tour? Did that fall down the tubes or something. Why else would Megadeth even be an option?

DisposableJustice
01-05-2011, 10:17 PM
Absolutely, but marketing wise it would make sense. As fucking shitty as it is, Godsmack and Disturbed are bigger to the average person because they are more mainstream.

But wait a tick, what happened to the Big 4 tour? Did that fall down the tubes or something. Why else would Megadeth even be an option?

That's what I thought too; plus like I said earlier the Big 4 will be in France when the first mayhem date starts and I doubt that they are only doing two Big 4 shows in Europe I think they would do more than that?

BlindGuardian93
01-06-2011, 03:58 AM
That's what I thought too; plus like I said earlier the Big 4 will be in France when the first mayhem date starts and I doubt that they are only doing two Big 4 shows in Europe I think they would do more than that?

Yeah i think they are planning on doing more than that. i think that even if one date is screwy Megadeth could still do it.

converge241
01-06-2011, 04:09 AM
Remember when Megadeth opened up for Aerosmith? Was so odd, of course Aerosmith is "bigger" but still what a weird bill.

makethemsuffer12
01-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Remember when Megadeth opened up for Aerosmith? Was so odd, of course Aerosmith is "bigger" but still what a weird bill.

That happened?

I thought that Motley/Megadeth/Anthrax tour that happened a long while back was a pretty odd lineup.

Butcher of Birth
01-06-2011, 09:18 AM
Devildriver confirmed for Wacken.

BlindGuardian93
01-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Devildriver confirmed for Wacken.

Well that confirmes no mayhem for them

Butcher of Birth
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Well that confirmes no mayhem for them

They have been in talks with Goatwhore to play some shows in the states last I talked to Dez. But that was in Nov., idk if those talks are going anywhere.

BlindGuardian93
01-06-2011, 09:57 AM
They have been in talks with Goatwhore to play some shows in the states last I talked to Dez. But that was in Nov., idk if those talks are going anywhere.

You never know

DisposableJustice
01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
That happened?

I thought that Motley/Megadeth/Anthrax tour that happened a long while back was a pretty odd lineup.

I remember reading about that in Mustaine's book I think it said 1998 or 99 and Megadeth got kicked off in the middle of the tour because Mustaine had bad mouthed Steven Tyler on a radio show

bt11763
01-06-2011, 10:47 AM
I remember reading about that in Mustaine's book I think it said 1998 or 99 and Megadeth got kicked off in the middle of the tour because Mustaine had bad mouthed Steven Tyler on a radio show

so that's where he got it from :lol:

AnataFan4Life
01-06-2011, 01:19 PM
ThePRP have added In Flames, Trivium, and Machine Head to the rumor wheel.

BlindGuardian93
01-06-2011, 02:39 PM
ThePRP have added In Flames, Trivium, and Machine Head to the rumor wheel.

I saw that which made me confused, Machine Head was one of the last bands i expected this year and Trivium i was doubting due to Wacken and In Flames didnt even cross my mind

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
In Flames
Unearth

I was told Trivium will not be there. I have asked about MH but never got an answer. In Flames will likely play. The Century Media band will be either The Agonist or Lacuna Coil from what I was told by another source.

mankvill
01-06-2011, 03:27 PM
We got a LoG/Hatebreed/3IOB off-date last year from Mayhem, so here's for a Megadeth/In Flames/Unearth off-date this year :cool:

BlindGuardian93
01-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
In Flames
Unearth

I was told Trivium will not be there. I have asked about MH but never got an answer. In Flames will likely play. The Century Media band will be either The Agonist or Lacuna Coil from what I was told by another source.

are those 5 up top confirmed?

bt11763
01-06-2011, 04:00 PM
We got a LoG/Hatebreed/3IOB off-date last year from Mayhem, so here's for a Megadeth/In Flames/Unearth off-date this year :cool:

this

even though my area never gets off dates :bouville:

JLRedWing13
01-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Machine Head would be awesome, but it looks like they'd be headlining a sidestage for the second time....would they choose to do that?

NickLed19
01-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Why did LoG, Hatebreed, 3inOB not play near me. Dream concert.

mankvill
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
Why did LoG, Hatebreed, 3inOB not play near me. Dream concert.

LIVE THROUGH ME (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14092)

larvtard
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
In Flames
Unearth

wow, Megadeth on mayhem...does Mustaine know how much they pay bands? :eek:

NickLed19
01-06-2011, 04:45 PM
LIVE THROUGH ME (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14092)

Man I am truly jealous you saw that show. 3 of my favorite Metal bands for sure.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-06-2011, 04:55 PM
wow, Megadeth on mayhem...does Mustaine know how much they pay bands? :eek:

Considering Roadrunner Records is helping cover most of the expenses while trying to resign the band, may he does ;)

AnataFan4Life
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Theyre doin a pretty good job of hiding the lineup this year. There's all kinds of different rumors surfacing. Guess we wont know for sure till the 28th.

DementedX14
01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
In Flames
Unearth

Is there any rumors for the following bands: Gojira, Fear Factory, Dark Tranquility, Meshuggah, Tool, Opeth, Rammstein, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Darkest Hour?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Is there any rumors for the following bands: Gojira, Fear Factory, Dark Tranquility, Meshuggah, Tool, Opeth, Rammstein, Children of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Darkest Hour?

Some for Dimmu, Gojira, FF & Darkest Hour. I have no info one way or the other on those bands as of now. Bodom was rumored but it appears as if they will not play due to being on Wacken.

AnthG
01-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Are Machine Head ever going to make a new album?

ravenheart
01-07-2011, 02:43 AM
????

ok if Megadeth is playing they would at least miss the first date because that is the France Big 4 show; plus I'd think there would be more than 2 Big 4 European/UK shows?

There will be 4 or 5 only.

gilpdawg
01-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Way earlier than that. Like 91.

mastodon421
01-07-2011, 04:44 AM
I am actually really excited that In Flames will most likely be there. Even if their new record sucks( It most likely will, I don't have high hopes for it), they were fucking amazing the last time I saw them.

converge241
01-07-2011, 05:57 AM
It was around the Get A Grip tour 93 (aero-Megadeth)

on machine Head - man they toured a LOT for Blackening..holy smokes

BlindGuardian93
01-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Im excited for In Flames and Megadeth ive never seen either of them

xskizzelzx90x
01-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
Unearth

like...WHY THE FUCK MEGADETH? :eyes:
Im half happy about this, half REALLY disappointed. I mean I already know its gonna be in pittsburgh, so I guess Ill just wait. Ive ALWAYS wanted to see godsmack though, I heard their live show is NUTS

Indestructible
01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Godsmack
Disturbed
Megadeth
In Flames
Unearth

Somethings wrong here, Godsmack and Disturbed are headlining over Megadeth:confused:

makethemsuffer12
01-07-2011, 01:02 PM
like...WHY THE FUCK MEGADETH?

Because they're the shit.
Somethings wrong here, Godsmack and Disturbed are headlining over Megadeth:confused:

http://www.nerdsonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/pic_morpheus.jpg
Welcome...
th the real world.

BlindGuardian93
01-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Because they're the shit.

http://www.nerdsonsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/pic_morpheus.jpg
Welcome...
th the real world.

they are the shit but it is depressing to know that two bands that are not as talented are most likely going to be over them in the billing :(

slapguitarer
01-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I have a hard time believing that Godsmack, Distured, and Megadeth would all play the festival. I don't think they'd have 3 bands that big.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Godsmack & Disturbed do the same amount of business (album & tickets sales) as Korn, Manson, Zombie, etc.

Megadeth, as legendary as they are, do the same amount of business as KsE and LoG these days, FYI.

slapguitarer
01-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm sure Disturbed does better than Megadeth financially, but I'm not too sure about Godsmack. On a tour Godsmack just did this past November with 5FDP and some other band, I'm pretty sure they were playing smaller venues than the ones Megadeth play at. At least when they played Oakland they played at the same venue that I saw Mastodon play at. If Megadeth is there, I'm sure they'll be a co-headliner. But, I guess we'll just have to wait another 3 weeks and find out.

BloodoftheKings
01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Godsmack & Disturbed do the same amount of business (album & tickets sales) as Korn, Manson, Zombie, etc.

Megadeth, as legendary as they are, do the same amount of business as KsE and LoG these days, FYI.

Their wasn't a doubt in anyone's mind that Disturbed and Godsmack are bigger then Megadeth. The problem is that a legendary thrash band opening for a couple of mediocre mainstream rock bands is shameful. You might as well have Public Enemy open for Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj.

300%_Density
01-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Their wasn't a doubt in anyone's mind that Disturbed and Godsmack are bigger then Megadeth. The problem is that a legendary thrash band opening for a couple of mediocre mainstream rock bands is shameful. You might as well have Public Enemy open for Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj.

THIS

BlindGuardian93
01-08-2011, 04:34 AM

agreed

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2011, 06:08 AM
I understand and agree. I was looking at the situation from a business point of view than a metal fan point of view.

I do know that in my area Godsmack played larger venues than Megadeth did.

BlindGuardian93
01-08-2011, 12:14 PM
I understand and agree. I was looking at the situation from a business point of view than a metal fan point of view.

I do know that in my area Godsmack played larger venues than Megadeth did.

I think what mayhem should do is release 2 bands every week starting in January and starting with the side stage openers and ending with the headliners. anyone else with me on that?

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I agree. Or even 1 band per week starting Thanksgiving weekend!!!

BlindGuardian93
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I agree. Or even 1 band per week starting Thanksgiving weekend!!!

i wouldnt mind that at all

Xenocide
01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Of course, there could be the possibility that either Disturbed OR Godsmack are going to be there, not both of them, in which One of them would coheadline with Megadeth. But that's probably just wishful thinking.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-08-2011, 04:10 PM
That has crossed my mind. I pictured Disturbed headlining Mayhem and perhaps Godsmack on Uproar with say, Slash, Buckcherry and Drowning Pool. Not that I like that line up for Uproar, just saying something along those lines wouldn't be a suprise.

I have been hearing from alot of people that both Godsmack and Disturbed are on Mayhem. To my knowledge those bands have never toured the US together except for Ozzfest 2000 when Godsmack played before Pantera and Ozzy while Disturbed was just breaking onto the scene on the second stage playing before Soulfly and Kittie. :eek:

Magson13
01-08-2011, 05:38 PM
I can't see Disturbed doing gayhemfest. Simply because they just did a festival tour last summer with a 60 minute set, and are about to embark on MAAW with a 60 minute set. Why do yet another festival with yet another 60 minute set?

Megadeth coheadlined a tour with SLAYER. SLAYER coheadlined gayhemfest in '09. Why wouldn't Megadeth coheadline? During Megadeth's RIP club tour, they sold out a club here that Disturbed and Rob Zombie have also played at in the past, for about the same price (Zombie actually played for $25, and Megadeth played for $30). Business-wise, Megadeth should be coheadlining. And just like with SLAYER, they should be the first to go on of the two, so that the metalheads can leave before the shitty hard rock band after them.

Xenocide
01-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Yes Megadeth could coheadline, but not if Godsmack and Disturbed are there.

GWAR654
01-08-2011, 08:30 PM
I can't see Disturbed doing gayhemfest. Simply because they just did a festival tour last summer with a 60 minute set, and are about to embark on MAAW with a 60 minute set. Why do yet another festival with yet another 60 minute set?

Megadeth coheadlined a tour with SLAYER. SLAYER coheadlined gayhemfest in '09. Why wouldn't Megadeth coheadline? During Megadeth's RIP club tour, they sold out a club here that Disturbed and Rob Zombie have also played at in the past, for about the same price (Zombie actually played for $25, and Megadeth played for $30). Business-wise, Megadeth should be coheadlining. And just like with SLAYER, they should be the first to go on of the two, so that the metalheads can leave before the shitty hard rock band after them.

angry much?

rugbyman
01-08-2011, 08:50 PM
just realized, if the rumors about megadeth and lacuna coil are true cristina from lacuna coil could go on stage with megadeth to perform the new version of A Tout Le Monde.

slapguitarer
01-08-2011, 08:56 PM
just realized, if the rumors about megadeth and lacuna coil are true cristina from lacuna coil could go on stage with megadeth to perform the new version of A Tout Le Monde.

Then lets hope that Lacuna Coil can't make it.

300%_Density
01-08-2011, 09:10 PM

Buzzkill statement of this entire thread. Congrats... :mad: LOL

rugbyman
01-08-2011, 09:24 PM
Buzzkill statement of this entire thread. Congrats... :mad: LOL

lol my bad!

300%_Density
01-08-2011, 09:49 PM
lol my bad!

LOL nah it was funny even though the thought is beyond horrifying. I hate the original version enough, the version w/ her makes it that worse.

AnthG
01-08-2011, 10:03 PM
The only good thing about either version is Cristina. Unfortunately Dave's ego is way too high that you can barely hear her during the chorus and 2nd verse of the new version. I mean, A toute le Monde is pretty much Mustaine saying "Hey Metallica, we can write a Nothing else matters as well", except it wasn't a good song like NEM.

I'm sure i'm not the first one to make that comparison, but still.

rugbyman
01-08-2011, 10:09 PM
LOL nah it was funny even though the thought is beyond horrifying. I hate the original version enough, the version w/ her makes it that worse.

Lol I don't think the songs are terrible but they're definitely not megadeth's best. To tell you the truth the main reason I decided to post it was to see everyones' reaction.

BloodoftheKings
01-08-2011, 10:27 PM
angry much?

I believed it's spelt u mad bro?

BloodoftheKings
01-08-2011, 10:28 PM
A Toute Le Monde >>>>>>>>>>> Nothing Else Matters

Magson13
01-08-2011, 10:34 PM
angry much?

Where is there any anger in my post? There's nothing more than logical, thought-out statements.

300%_Density
01-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Lol I don't think the songs are terrible but they're definitely not megadeth's best. To tell you the truth the main reason I decided to post it was to see everyones' reaction.

Haha you haven't been on here very long and you are learning quickly. LOL I like it.

rugbyman
01-09-2011, 06:34 AM
Haha you haven't been on here very long and you are learning quickly. LOL I like it.

lol thanks.:D

IrritatedTrout
01-09-2011, 08:13 AM

Yeah, this. I like both bands but NEM is just a plodding, boring song. ATLM actually has emotion and is one of Megadeths better songs.

AnthG
01-09-2011, 09:07 AM

Absolutely not!

NickLed19
01-09-2011, 09:11 AM

No way.

makethemsuffer12
01-09-2011, 09:59 AM
ATLM actually has emotion

And NEM doesn't? Get the fuck out.

I love both songs, btw.

300%_Density
01-09-2011, 10:00 AM
There are no winners in this argument. Either song you still lose.

DementedX14
01-09-2011, 11:45 AM

The Unforgiven is better than both of them imo.

jd091
01-09-2011, 12:32 PM

This :lol:

Sanitarium78
01-09-2011, 12:35 PM

:fist:

No song did more to help the pussification of a metal band than NEM did for Metallica.

If Def Leppard did the song it would've been fine because that's what you expect from them. But Metallica doing a love ballad? Get the fuck out of here, that's not what I listen to Metallica for.

MPF
01-09-2011, 01:16 PM
:fist:

No song did more to help the pussification of a metal band than NEM did for Metallica.

If Def Leppard did the song it would've been fine because that's what you expect from them. But Metallica doing a love ballad? Get the fuck out of here, that's not what I listen to Metallica for.

You can argue Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home, but I honestly thought they only made one metal album, and even that only had a few metal tunes on it.

But I do just wanna say there is nothing wrong with Ballads. After playing in cover bands for 6 years now, I've learned that Ballads have their place. If you are a metal fan and your favorite Metallica song is Nothing else Matters, then you are a pussy. Otherwise there's nothing wrong with it.

mastodon421
01-09-2011, 02:01 PM

:party: I agree, I hate both of them.

Dextrimental
01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
A Toute Le Monde and Nothing Else Matters both rule, any set from either band would be lacking if it missed either song, from a crowd reation point of view. but the REAL winner of the metal ballad award goes to Fade To Black, thats the true metal fans ballad if you ask me, and indeed if you ask most people who listen to Metallia who aren't 16. they will tell you the same thing.

Blackened12
01-09-2011, 02:20 PM
I really don't understand the hostility people have towards ballads. Not every song can be a Dyers Eve or a Mechanix. I love both NEM and ATLM btw and condemning any artist because they express themselves in a different way to their fans and let their fans experience a dynamic of emotions when listening to their music is kinda dumb.

Sepultura69
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Screw "A Toute Le Monde" and "Nothing Else Matters".

This song has more emotion and depth than both those songs put together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXcgg7WC7LI

mastodon421
01-09-2011, 02:28 PM
I don't hate ballads in general, I just think that Nothing Else Matters and A Toute Le Monde suck.

makethemsuffer12
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Screw "A Toute Le Monde" and "Nothing Else Matters".

This song has more emotion and depth than both those songs put together.

I lol'd.

Indestructible
01-09-2011, 02:37 PM
There are people that complain way to much about Nothing Else Matters, I dont like the song either but it doesn't bother me. Metallica wrote the song get over it.
Metallica wrote a love song so what, Are they not allowed to love anyone and express it through the only thing they know which is music?

kommie
01-09-2011, 02:39 PM
so is Ozzfest done for basically?

slapguitarer
01-09-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't have much of a problem with A Tout Le Monde, but if Megadeth plays Mayhem Festival and only has 1 hour or 45 minutes to play, I want them to play their heavier, faster material.

Sanitarium78
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
You can argue Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home, but I honestly thought they only made one metal album, and even that only had a few metal tunes on it.

But I do just wanna say there is nothing wrong with Ballads. After playing in cover bands for 6 years now, I've learned that Ballads have their place. If you are a metal fan and your favorite Metallica song is Nothing else Matters, then you are a pussy. Otherwise there's nothing wrong with it.

You've got to be kidding me. Due to the glam image Motley Crue was already considered non-metal and Home Sweet Home did nothing to change that. Ballads do have their place when done right. Metallica has proven that with FTB, Sanitarium, One and The Unforgiven. Maiden has also proven countless times how to make a slower song work for a metal band. Alice Cooper has also proven throughout his career how a hard rock artist should write good ballads.

A Toute Le Monde and Nothing Else Matters both rule, any set from either band would be lacking if it missed either song, from a crowd reation point of view. but the REAL winner of the metal ballad award goes to Fade To Black, thats the true metal fans ballad if you ask me, and indeed if you ask most people who listen to Metallia who aren't 16. they will tell you the same thing.

What crowd reaction exactly? The last few times I saw Metallica the crowd couldn't have been more bored during NEM. It gets a polite reaction because people recognize and know the song but maybe only a quater of the audience sings along with it and the rest just stand or sit there waiting for it to end. There isn't enough soccer moms going to see Matallica nowadays to keep that song in the set. If they replaced it every night with The Unforgiven or FTB do you honestly think the majority of fans would miss it? Going by my live Metallica experiences I say "no".

There are people that complain way to much about Nothing Else Matters, I dont like the song either but it doesn't bother me. Metallica wrote the song get over it.
Metallica wrote a love song so what, Are they not allowed to love anyone and express it through the only thing they know which is music?

Sure they're allowed to write a love song if they actually chose to put some thought into it and write a good song. But NEM is nothing but a ballad recorded by Metallica that sounds like Jon Bon Jovi wrote the lyrics.

jhdeity
01-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't hate ballads in general, I just think that Nothing Else Matters and A Toute Le Monde suck.

This. Both songs are beer runs for me. NEM is boring as fuck live and just doesn't work. The fact that NEM is played every single show and fade to Black is played every few shows is a total travesty to me. There is nothing like being at a Metallica show when Fade to Black kicks in...

Dextrimental
01-09-2011, 03:53 PM
What crowd reaction exactly? The last few times I saw Metallica the crowd couldn't have been more bored during NEM. It gets a polite reaction because people recognize and know the song but maybe only a quater of the audience sings along with it and the rest just stand or sit there waiting for it to end. There isn't enough soccer moms going to see Matallica nowadays to keep that song in the set. If they replaced it every night with The Unforgiven or FTB do you honestly think the majority of fans would miss it? Going by my live Metallica experiences I say "no".

Fair point with replacing it, I prefer Face to black, and as I said, most people would say its better and prefer it, but both times I have seen them, its the same reason Enter Sandmand and Puppets get played, for the kids whose first time it is seeing them. It may only be a quater of the crowd, but that quater of the crowd LOVE it, and I guarantee you alot of people would complain if it was taken out nontheless.

Northern_Shaman
01-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Fair point with replacing it, I prefer Face to black, and as I said, most people would say its better and prefer it, but both times I have seen them, its the same reason Enter Sandmand and Puppets get played, for the kids whose first time it is seeing them. It may only be a quater of the crowd, but that quater of the crowd LOVE it, and I guarantee you alot of people would complain if it was taken out nontheless.

I was bored as hell during Nothing Else Matters the first time I saw Metallica. I hope I never have to sit through it again. Total buzzkill - especially immediately after Battery.

IrritatedTrout
01-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I was bored as hell during Nothing Else Matters the first time I saw Metallica. I hope I never have to sit through it again. Total buzzkill.

Same. Worst song of the night and it was my first time seeing Metallica.

bt11763
01-09-2011, 04:51 PM
[SIZE="4"]

yes

Sanitarium78
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I was bored as hell during Nothing Else Matters the first time I saw Metallica. I hope I never have to sit through it again. Total buzzkill - especially immediately after Battery.

I've seen them 6 times live since 1992 and it's always a buzzkill. The worst was the last time I saw them in November of 2009 and NEM came after they did Damage, Inc.

Sepultura69
01-09-2011, 05:22 PM
The first time I saw Metallica I didn't get Nothing Else Matters :bliss:

NickLed19
01-09-2011, 05:40 PM
I've seen them 6 times live since 1992 and it's always a buzzkill. The worst was the last time I saw them in November of 2009 and NEM came after they did Damage, Inc.

Yeah I bet that was a buzzkill.

mankvill
01-09-2011, 05:51 PM
My two cents:

A Tout Le Monde is in a whole nother league than NEM and far and away better.

That being said, NEM is awesome and if Metallica should drop a shitty slow song, it should definitely be Unforgiven. That shit is not that good.

They should also never play Sad But True again, but that'll never happen.

Indestructible
01-09-2011, 07:22 PM
My two cents:

A Tout Le Monde is in a whole nother league than NEM and far and away better.

That being said, NEM is awesome and if Metallica should drop a shitty slow song, it should definitely be Unforgiven. That shit is not that good.

They should also never play Sad But True again, but that'll never happen.

Metallica doesn't need to drop The Unforgiven because they don't play it often. Atleast not on the Death Magnetic and Big Four tour.

300%_Density
01-09-2011, 08:05 PM
I love the flawless nature how this started out as Lacuna Coil on Mayhem...Then talking about her singing ATLM w/ Dave and next thing we are discussing ATLM & NEM somehow. I love this board!!!

AnthG
01-09-2011, 09:12 PM

Maybe it's a Buffalo thing, since you guys are pissed off all the time for various reasons anyways, but Metallica had the whole Air Canada Centre singing along to NEM when I saw them last year.

HugeRockStar
01-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes, Metallica wrote a ballad 20 years ago. Time to move on.

Sepultura69
01-09-2011, 09:39 PM
w00t w00t!!! SO WHOS GOING TO MAYHEM FEST THIS YEAR???

BlackmoreOfBowling
01-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I love how this thread went from a mass-System Of A Down reunion rumor circle jerk to a standard Megadeth vs. Metallica fanboy butthurt contest.

Maryland Deathfest can't come soon enough....

allthatremains98
01-10-2011, 03:52 AM
i really hope atr and skeletonwitch gets on there i would LOVE too see atr again and im dying to see skeletonwitch! but skeletonwitch has a low chance :(

BlindGuardian93
01-10-2011, 04:05 AM
i really hope atr and skeletonwitch gets on there i would LOVE too see atr again and im dying to see skeletonwitch! but skeletonwitch has a low chance :(

why would you say skeletonwitch isnt in favor? i have heard all promising things for them

ravenheart
01-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Man, the shit tours you guys have to put up with :finger:

IrritatedTrout
01-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Man, the shit tours you guys have to put up with :finger:

Tell me about it.:hecho:

Sanitarium78
01-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Maybe it's a Buffalo thing, since you guys are pissed off all the time for various reasons anyways, but Metallica had the whole Air Canada Centre singing along to NEM when I saw them last year.

Oh, yeah damn us in Buffalo out city sucks and both our professional sports teams blow. God we must be so angry that we can't enjoy a concert at all right? Toronto is an awesome city and a place you should be proud of because i'm sure you had a hand in it's developement to make the city what it is today:tp: I'm not surprised that the whole ACC sang along with NEM since i've had first hand experience at seeing how lame Toronto crowds can be at concerts. When I saw Rush at the Molson amphitheater in 1997 everyone sat for the whole show and the same thing happened when I saw the original Sabbath re-union tour at the Skydome in 1999.

Yes, Metallica wrote a ballad 20 years ago. Time to move on.

I have but it's just one of those topics where once it gets going the debate can blow up rather easily it seems.

Indestructible
01-10-2011, 09:13 AM
When I saw Rush at the Molson amphitheater in 1997 everyone sat for the whole show and the same thing happened when I saw the original Sabbath re-union tour at the Skydome in 1999.

How can people sit down at a Sabbath concert, with Ozzy?

AnthG
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Oh, yeah damn us in Buffalo out city sucks and both our professional sports teams blow. God we must be so angry that we can't enjoy a concert at all right? Toronto is an awesome city and a place you should be proud of because i'm sure you had a hand in it's developement to make the city what it is today:tp: I'm not surprised that the whole ACC sang along with NEM since i've had first hand experience at seeing how lame Toronto crowds can be at concerts. When I saw Rush at the Molson amphitheater in 1997 everyone sat for the whole show and the same thing happened when I saw the original Sabbath re-union tour at the Skydome in 1999.

I just want to say one thing: I'm not a Leafs fan. I'm assuming that you're assuming i'm one with the sports team comment.

stevepwn
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
skeletonwitch is awesome live i've seen the 2 times. the first time was ozzfest and they played at 12pm which is too early. then i seen them last month and i was sick that night so i couldn't enjoy it as much.. damn

mankvill
01-10-2011, 03:25 PM
skeletonwitch is awesome live i've seen the 2 times. the first time was ozzfest and they played at 12pm which is too early. then i seen them last month and i was sick that night so i couldn't enjoy it as much.. damn

You need to pop your "seeing Skeletonwitch headlining at a small venue" cherry! :D

Magson13
01-10-2011, 03:45 PM
How can people sit down at a Sabbath concert, with Ozzy?

Ozzy practically sits down, so why would the crowd stand?

makethemsuffer12
01-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Ozzy practically sits down, so why would the crowd stand?

Haha not at all. I take it you haven't seen Ozzy, or not recently if you have.

Magson13
01-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Saw him in 2006. He attempted jumping, but his feet never left the ground....

makethemsuffer12
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Saw him in 2006. He attempted jumping, but his feet never left the ground....

He wasn't particularly great in '06. He really stepped up his game last year, live at least (Scream blows, but that was to be expected).

Magson13
01-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Soooooooooooo that impacts past Sabbath shows how....?

makethemsuffer12
01-10-2011, 04:48 PM
Soooooooooooo that impacts past Sabbath shows how....?

It doesn't, I was just saying. No need for the attitude.

jd091
01-10-2011, 06:51 PM
w00t w00t!!! SO WHOS GOING TO MAYHEM FEST THIS YEAR???

Depends on how good the bands are for my friends and I making the drive out. Hence the reason most of us are posting on this damn forum!

kommie
01-10-2011, 07:50 PM
wait, I'm too lazy to look it up but can you buy tickets now even though no bands have been announced?

slapguitarer
01-10-2011, 08:17 PM
wait, I'm too lazy to look it up but can you buy tickets now even though no bands have been announced?

Only during the X-mas presale they had. But that's obviously over.

kommie
01-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Only during the X-mas presale they had. But that's obviously over.

lame, why buy tickets if you don't even know who's gonna be there?

slapguitarer
01-10-2011, 09:39 PM
lame, why buy tickets if you don't even know who's gonna be there?

Because people who like the kinds of bands they have every year just go to have a fun time, regarless of the line-up.

mankvill
01-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Because people who like the kinds of bands they have every year just go to have a fun time, regarless of the line-up.

Dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Why pay 40 bucks to go to a concert with your friends if you don't even care for the music? You can do that at home for free.

BlindGuardian93
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I usually go every year cause i pretty much like every type of rock/metal so there is usually alot of bands i like there every year so its worth it.

Sepultura69
01-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Depends on how good the bands are for my friends and I making the drive out. Hence the reason most of us are posting on this damn forum!

I was just saying that to break off the NEM conversation.

slapguitarer
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Dumb.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Why pay 40 bucks to go to a concert with your friends if you don't even care for the music? You can do that at home for free.

Well I'm there with you, but there are some people who do like the bands they have every year at Mayhem Fest. Those are the kind of people I was talking about.

mankvill
01-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Well I'm there with you, but there are some people who do like the bands they have every year at Mayhem Fest. Those are the kind of people I was talking about.

I guess. There's a stupid shitty country music festival over in Manhattan, KS every year (i use the term "country" extremely lightly) and my roommate and a bunch of my friends pay absurd amounts of money to camp out and drink beer and maybe watch 2 bands the entire 4-day festival.

slapguitarer
01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I guess. There's a stupid shitty country music festival over in Manhattan, KS every year (i use the term "country" extremely lightly) and my roommate and a bunch of my friends pay absurd amounts of money to camp out and drink beer and maybe watch 2 bands the entire 4-day festival.

Now that is just plain stupid.