PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth working on a new album! 5 songs finished so far.

Travis The Dragon
11-17-2010, 06:19 PM
MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine revealed during an online chat with members of the band's official fan club, Cyber Army (formerly MegaFanClub), that MEGADETH has "five songs almost finished" for its next studio album. Mustaine is currently going over the new material at the band's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California with engineer Ken Eisennagel, who previously worked with MEGADETH during the pre-production phase for 2009's "Endgame" and 2007's "United Abominations" CDs.SOURCE (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149570)

Their last 3 albums have RULED! I can't wait for the next one!

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 06:45 PM
I might as well delete my Blabbermouth RSS feed.

But this is some cool news.

BloodoftheKings
11-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Each Deth album has been slightly better then the last since TWNAH. I'd be suprised if they top Endgame but im expecting this album to be really good.

ps: Why is their a lightbulb above my post?

Travis The Dragon
11-17-2010, 06:59 PM
I might as well delete my Blabbermouth RSS feed.

But this is some cool news.

Actually, there are a LOT of Blabbermouth news items that don't get posted here, but I felt this was worthy of a mention.

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 07:21 PM
Actually, there are a LOT of Blabbermouth news items that don't get posted here, but I felt this was worthy of a mention.

Just messin', I know this is worthy of posting, because I didn't really think Megadeth would be anywhere near a new album yet.

IrritatedTrout
11-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Hope Dave and Dave come up with some cool stuff.

Sepultura69
11-17-2010, 08:18 PM
This should be interesting. First Megadeth album with David Ellefson on bass in God knows how long...should be fucking epic!!! :rocker:

es156
11-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Their last 3 albums have RULED! I can't wait for the next one!

This. I was very pleasantly surprised to see this news earlier.

:weneedamegadethsmilie:

DisposableJustice
11-17-2010, 10:21 PM
This should be interesting. First Megadeth album with David Ellefson on bass in God knows how long...should be fucking epic!!! :rocker:

Yea since 2001 when they did World Needs a Hero.....I am also pumped up for the next album although I hope they do one more tour that really features Endgame; I know they did a short one in 2009 but that one came no where near me

rjturtle9
11-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Yea since 2001 when they did World Needs a Hero.....I am also pumped up for the next album although I hope they do one more tour that really features Endgame; I know they did a short one in 2009 but that one came no where near me

Same here, and I live in L.A. Every tour comes here. Me and Andrew had to go to Vegas to see that tour, and I got kicked out, more a reason they should play here ;)

Sepultura69
11-17-2010, 11:04 PM
I hope they do one more tour that really features Endgame; I know they did a short one in 2009 but that one came no where near me

Same here. Instead of touring for the album last year, Megadeth came this year and played "RIP" 3 times in my area...one in march, end of August and another at the end of October...I really hope there is no more RIP tours :(

Crionics
11-18-2010, 12:14 PM
Each Deth album has been slightly better then the last since TWNAH. I'd be suprised if they top Endgame but im expecting this album to be really good.

ps: Why is their a lightbulb above my post?

This is exactly what I was going to post.

Indestructible
11-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Can't wait to hear it. I wonder if he would write more songs like Endgame. If he does the album shouldn't be bad at all.

Travis The Dragon
11-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Can't wait to hear it. I wonder if he would write more songs like Endgame. If he does the album shouldn't be bad at all.

I'm hoping that with Dave E. back, we'll get another SFSGSW/RIP type album. Even though, the last 3 have been pretty close, they haven't topped those 2 for me.

Sanitarium78
11-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm hoping that with Dave E. back, we'll get another SFSGSW/RIP type album. Even though, the last 3 have been pretty close, they haven't topped those 2 for me.

We're not gonna get anything that sounds like SFSGSW of RIP from them ever again. The new one is gonna sound like the last three.

Also, this isn't really that big of a news item. They've been coming out with new albums ever two years now, so it's pretty much a lock that they'll have something out next year.

JLRedWing13
11-18-2010, 07:15 PM
We're not gonna get anything that sounds like SFSGSW of RIP from them ever again. The new one is gonna sound like the last three.

Also, this isn't really that big of a news item. They've been coming out with new albums ever two years now, so it's pretty much a lock that they'll have something out next year.
I wouldn't say it was a lock, especially with everything that has gone on in the Megadeth camp this past year. Ellefson returning to the band, the RIP tour(s), and the Big Four festivals in Europe and the potential to bring it to America this summer....there is plenty of reason for them to wait and continue touring Endgame. Dave had said that he had freedom to tour for that album as much as they wanted. So, up until this announcement, I was under the impression that they would wait and get an album out in 2012.

I'm incredibly excited for what they come up with. If they make songs of the caliber of the front and back of Endgame, I will be happy.

Travis The Dragon
07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Here (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160324), it says the entire album has been recorded!

MPF
07-07-2011, 09:37 PM
DAMN IT FON.........

Oh wait this was made in November.

Carry on!

Travis The Dragon
07-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Ya, I know I bumped this up, but if I had started a new thread about it, you'd have still said that to me and showed me this thread! :lol:

MPF
07-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Ya, I know I bumped this up, but if I had started a new thread about it, you'd have still said that to me and showed me this thread! :lol:

No, remember I do this now:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/image.php?u=2238&dateline=1304284601

ravenheart
07-08-2011, 03:29 AM
It's all been downhill since The World Needs A Hero. I do not have high hopes for this.

makethemsuffer12
07-08-2011, 08:07 AM
It's all been downhill since The World Needs A Hero. I do not have high hopes for this.
http://picardfacepalm.com/picard-facepalm-hotlink.jpg

BloodoftheKings
07-08-2011, 08:09 AM
It's all been downhill since The World Needs A Hero.

http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/medium/double-facepalm.jpg

Ever since TWNAH every album has gotten slightly better then the last.

mastodon421
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM
^ I agree. I'm quite excited for this record, Endgame was amazing.

makethemsuffer12
07-08-2011, 08:18 AM
UA is pretty fucking good as well (I could never really get into TSHF, but it's sure as hell a lot better than TWNAH).

Indestructible
07-08-2011, 08:27 AM
I'll like this album I'm sure. I liked the last three Megadeth albums, the system has failed being my favorite of the three.

BloodoftheKings
07-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Rating all the post Risk albums it goes:
TWNAH 5/10
TSHF 6/10
UA 7/10
Endgame 8/10
If they continue this pattern the new album should be really good.

TonyD
07-08-2011, 10:01 AM
I've probably said it on this board a few times before, but computers and mp3 players have changed the way I evaluate an album. These days I'll take an album with a bunch of crappy songs and a few standouts over a front to back mediocre album (especially since older bands tend to only play a couple new songs live). That said, I think Endgame>System Has Failed>United Abominations.

TonyD
07-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Also, album is going to be named 13. Part of Dave's explanation:
"They never used to have 13th floors in hotels but now they have them again."

The_jman
07-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I so knew this was a fonz thread just by the title, lol...

ravenheart
07-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Rating all the post Risk albums it goes:
TWNAH 5/10
TSHF 6/10
UA 7/10
Endgame 8/10
If they continue this pattern the new album should be really good.

My version would be the exact reverse of this.

ravenheart
07-08-2011, 12:41 PM
http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/medium/double-facepalm.jpg

Ever since TWNAH every album has gotten slightly better then the last.

Nope, worse with each one. More convoluted, less hooks, less and less variety in the riffs. I find Endgame incredibly boring. And I don't get suckered by the increase in solos either. Although I never got that as a criticism of TWNAH anyway, it's packed with solos. And better production as well.

Indestructible
07-08-2011, 12:50 PM
The System Has Failed > Endgame> United Abominations

MPF
07-08-2011, 01:06 PM
The System Has Failed > Endgame> United Abominations

Yes!

In fact I'll take every Megadeth album over United 'Holy Shit, These songs Are, Abominations.

IrritatedTrout
07-08-2011, 01:07 PM
The new album title is pretty bad.

makethemsuffer12
07-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Yes!

In fact I'll take every Megadeth album over United 'Holy Shit, These songs Are, Abominations.

Sleepwalker, Washington Is Next!, The title track, Never Walk Alone, and Burnt Ice would like to have a word with you.

Indestructible
07-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Yes!

Sleepwalker, Washington Is Next, Never Walk Alone... A Call to Arms, United Abominations and Gears Of War are the best on the album. I like the last half of the album too, but I could live without it. I don't understand why he redid Tout le Monde. I understand not liking Risk and The World Needs a Hero, but the last three Megadeth albums have been great.

mNDAS
07-08-2011, 03:34 PM
The new album title is pretty bad.

ravenheart
07-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Sleepwalker, Washington Is Next, Never Walk Alone... A Call to Arms, United Abominations and Gears Of War are the best on the album. I like the last half of the album too, but I could live without it. I don't understand why he redid Tout le Monde. I understand not liking Risk and The World Needs a Hero, but the last three Megadeth albums have been great.

Gears of War is AWFUL. Burnt Ice is the only song I give a shit about on that album.

I understand not liking Risk too, although I actually do like it. I don't understand not liking TWNAH at all though. Besides brainless "duh it's not thrash" views, which are stupid and irrelevant.

El Gordo
07-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Also, album is going to be named 13.

Incorrect. It's called TH1RT3EN. Ha. Maybe it'll be a deathcore album or something.

Travis The Dragon
07-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I don't understand why he redid Tout le Monde. I understand not liking Risk and The World Needs a Hero, but the last three Megadeth albums have been great.
THIS!

IrritatedTrout
07-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Incorrect. It's called TH1RT3EN. Ha. Maybe it'll be a deathcore album or something.

Even worse than 13. Goddamn.

ravenheart
07-09-2011, 12:23 PM

It wasn't incorrect. At that time it was called '13'. It got changed.

El Gordo
07-09-2011, 03:32 PM
It wasn't incorrect. At that time it was called '13'. It got changed.

At the time? You mean yesterday? Check megadeth.com, July 8, 2011 - NEW MEGADETH ALBUM TO BE ENTITLED "TH1RT3EN" ;)

slapguitarer
07-09-2011, 03:48 PM
Shitty title, but it'll be a good record.

ravenheart
07-09-2011, 03:57 PM
At the time? You mean yesterday? Check megadeth.com, July 8, 2011 - NEW MEGADETH ALBUM TO BE ENTITLED "TH1RT3EN" ;)

The '13' title is older than the 8th... I knew about that ages ago.

El Gordo
07-09-2011, 04:10 PM
The '13' title is older than the 8th... I knew about that ages ago.

OK, but the post by Tony D that I was referring to was from yesterday. If you had posted 'ages ago' that the title was '13', I would have said something like "Oh it's been changed to this gay title now" rather than saying it was incorrect. Besides, I was just kind of messing around and letting people know that the title of the record was even lamer than originally thought.

ravenheart
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Yeah, changed from a gay title to a gay title ;)

ravenheart
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Shitty title, but it'll be a good record.

I doubt it.

AnataFan4Life
07-09-2011, 08:00 PM
Judging from the previews, it sounds like there will be a mixture of faster and more midpaced songs. I really enjoyed their last 3 records, so this one shouldn't disappoint.

El Gordo
07-10-2011, 04:46 AM
I doubt it.

Mostly this. :lol:

ravenheart
07-12-2011, 05:48 AM
According to an interview with MegaDave in Rolling Stone, apparently the album was recorded in two months, which seems ridiculously short. I wonder how they did it...

By including old songs, that's how. Two of the tracks on the album are the previously exclusive-to-Guitar-Hero track 'Sudden Death' and the exclusive title track from the 'Never Dead' computer game.

Suits me, seeing as neither of those songs were released on CD, so I don't have them.

ravenheart
07-12-2011, 05:49 AM
Judging from the previews, it sounds like there will be a mixture of faster and more midpaced songs.

:lol: Just like every other Megadeth record?

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2011, 07:29 AM
Nope, worse with each one. More convoluted, less hooks, less and less variety in the riffs. I find Endgame incredibly boring. And I don't get suckered by the increase in solos either. Although I never got that as a criticism of TWNAH anyway, it's packed with solos. And better production as well.

Normally I would try to come up with my own defense for my opinion, but then I remember that you like Fozzy, and I lol.

And that's fucking lame about "Sudden Death" being on the album. Such a boring song.

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2011, 07:57 AM
And that's fucking lame about "Sudden Death" being on the album. Such a boring song.

This. I don't see any problem with Never Dead being on the album since we never heard the whole thing and the part we did hear has annoying video game dialogue so when the album comes out it will still be a new song.

makethemsuffer12
07-12-2011, 09:39 AM
This. I don't see any problem with Sudden Death being on the album since we never heard the whole thing and the part we did hear has annoying video game dialogue so when the album comes out it will still be a new song.

You mean "Never Dead."

BloodoftheKings
07-12-2011, 09:50 AM
You mean "Never Dead."

lol my bad

Travis The Dragon
08-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Confirmed release date: November 1st

SOURCE (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161751)

Butcher of Birth
08-09-2011, 12:35 PM

THIS!

Excited still, I trust them greatly. With Junior back in the band, and him hyping that the new songs sound like "classic" Megadeth, I'm expecting a lot.

Butcher of Birth
08-09-2011, 12:42 PM
:lol: Just like every other Megadeth record?

haha ZING!