PDA

View Full Version : Band Members: Who's Nice and Who's a Dick to Meet

Pages : [1] 2

Bloodcurse
11-16-2010, 12:56 AM
I'm just curious who some of the biggest assholes and some of the nicest in bands you've met?

For me I'd say the biggest asshole I met was Bobby Rondinelli (Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, etc). He was signing a few records/cds for me, and one got mixed in that he was on, when he got to it he threw it at me and said in a real dickhead way "I WASN'T ON THIS!!"

Also notable dickheads I've met were:
Dani Filth
Shagrath (Dimmu Borgir)
Mustis (Dimmu Borgir)

Some of the nicest: (not counting band members I actually know)
Tom G. Warrior (Celtic Frost/Hellhammer/Triptykon)
George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher
Karl Sanders (Nile)
Nergal (Behemoth)
Vortex (Dimmu Borgir)
Phil Anselmo
Eric Singer (Kiss, Alice Cooper, Badlands, Sabbath, etc..)

Fires Of Sedition
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
One of the first bands I met was Cannibal Corpse. I was walking to my car after the show and I saw them outside of their bus surrounded by a pretty big group of people. Some friends and I walked up and talked to them about the show and World Of Warcraft and what not. Alex was talking to the same group of dudes for quite a long time and didn't seem like he was irritated at all. A kid who I think may have been mentally challenged walked up to Corpsegrinder with a huge sword and he signed it for him. It's awesome that one of the hugest, most influential death metal bands around are is filled with good people who actually appreciate their fans.

Amon Amarth was also really cool. It was their first time in Oklahoma when my friends and I saw them and they really seemed to enjoy it. Olavi gave me shit along with my friends because I don't like Manowar, and they signed a bunch of shit for everyone and were really appreciative.

I could type a bunch more about all the other bands I've met, but that'd take too long, so here's a list.

Cool
Piotr and Paul from Vader
Ethan from Lecherous Nocturne
Ross and Rob from Immolation
Karl Sanders from Nile
Elizabeth from Dreaming Dead
DevilDriver
Trivium
Doc from God Forbid
David and Rob from Machine Head
Obscura
Revocation
Powerglove
Michael and Derek from The Faceless
Decrepit Birth
Mattie from For Today

Dicks
Bryon from God Forbid
Rose Funeral

Shitfaced
Roope from Children Of Bodom

ravenheart
11-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Tom G. Warrior (Celtic Frost/Hellhammer/Triptykon)

Totally. He's got this miserable rep, but he rocks. Very intelligent guy who wants to talk about things if he thinks you're on his wavelength.

Derelict
11-16-2010, 04:59 AM
Cool

Jeff from High on Fire was hands down the coolest, he and I sat at the bar and drank after Opeth for a couple hours, great guy.
Devin Townsend
Mikael Akerfeldt
Vorph (Samael)
Tyr (had dinner with the whole band, completely awesome dudes)

IrritatedTrout
11-16-2010, 06:32 AM
Nice:

Brann Dailor (dude even offered to help me fix my car after the gig)
Bill Kelliher
Troy Sanders
Nicko McBrain (only got to talk to him on the phone but he was awesome)
Paul Masvidal
Sean Reinert

Kind of dicks:

Brent Hinds

mastodon421
11-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Pretty much everyone I've met from was nice only a couple of dicks.

Cool
3 Inches Of Blood
Bill Robinson(Decrepit Birth)
Byron Davis(God Forbid)
The Black Dahlia Murder(coolest dudes I have ever met from a band)
Winds Of Plague
Gavin and Sean from Arsonists Get All The Girls
Tommaso Ricadi(Fleshgod Apocalypse)
Scale The Summit
Troy Sanders,Bill Kelliher,Brann Dailor(Mastodon)
The Crimson Armada
Matt From Periphery

Dicks
Brent Hinds(Mastodon)

Spiral_Slave
11-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Skeletonwitch are some of the coolest dudes ever.

treghet
11-16-2010, 08:38 AM
Bill from Decrepit Birth is a nice and interesting guy to talk to.

daimonos
11-16-2010, 09:29 AM
Cool:
Lamb of God
Nergal (Behemoth)
3 Inches of Blood
SepticFlesh
Lightning Swords of Death
Blood Red Throne
Enslaved (x2)
Machine Head
Ben Falgoust (Goatwhore)

Dicks:
Ivan Moody (Five Finger Death Punch) (imagine that...)
Rob Zombie

Sanitarium78
11-16-2010, 10:03 AM
The only two i've ever meet were Dio, he was doing an in store autograph session back in 1998 and Brian Fair from Shadows Fall earlier this year. I just exchanged brief pleantries with them and told them I like their music but both were very cool. The meeting with Brian Fair was just a chance encounter though. They were on a tour supporting 5FDP and he was just hanging out at the bar after the show so I just went up and meet him which a lot of people were doing.

I don't go out of my way to meet too many band members because if they're dicks it can ruin the image of them you built up for yourself and can also affect how you end up liking their music.

jerry1013
11-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Nice:
Zo2 (Nice dudes, me and Paulie talked for a good 10 minutes about all sorts of shit)
Bret Michaels and CC. Deville
All the dudes I've met from KISS, Paul and Gene especially
Dio (Didn't really talk to him but he was nice and signed my shit and shook my hand, I wish I wouldn't have been such a pussy and actually said something but I was honestly star struck)
Vinnie Appice (Same time I met Dio, I didn't say shit either :bliss:)
Steve Vai

As for "dicks" nobody really, I've read stories about tons of them but never had a negative experience.

Natrlhi
11-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Awesome thread, Bloodcurse - and great comments all.
Karl Sanders (Nile)Totally...very well-mannered and polite - and soft-spoken, actually - despite his screams behind the mic.

Cool
Elizabeth from Dreaming DeadAw, yeah. Liz rocks. She was one of the most down-to-earth band members I've ever met. Their guitarist Mike was cool, too - and their touring guitarist Laura was a real sweetheart as well. She gives great hugs. :lovedup: ;)

Cool

Jeff from High on Fire was hands down the coolestMatt Pike is also really cool - I've met him twice.

Bill from Decrepit Birth is a nice and interesting guy to talk to.Totally. I talked to him for several minutes at the Vader show about a year ago.

As for my list...it was pretty much non-existent until about five years ago - but since then, I have all kinds of cool stories, videos, photos and anecdotes that I'd love to share. Maybe I'll elaborate on a few later, but for now, here is a list of some of the most memorable (besides those mentioned above):

Linus Jägerskog from Burst is cool as balls - we talked about tons of stuff at their gig in Detroit last year.
John Baizley of Baroness was also a really awesome dude when I met him in Detroit last year.
Jackie Gratz from Grayceon and Giant Squid is a real sweetheart - and so are Zack Farwell, Chris Lyman, Bryan Beeson and Aaron Gregory (I met all of them at their show in Chicago in 2009).
Phillip Cope from Kylesa was really nice when I talked to him at the Mastodon gig last year (BTW, I didn't get a chance to meet Laura Pleasants that night, but I've heard she is very cool as well).
The guys from Caspian are all really cool. I talked to their bassist Chris Friedrich for a while at their show last summer, and also their guitarist Erin Burke-Moran (who remembered talking to me at their gig with Red Sparowes the year before :fist:).
I've met several of the guys from Pelican on more than one occasion. They are really cool - especially Laurent Lebec and Larry Herweg.
Brendan Tobin from Made Out of Babies (and formerly Red Sparowes) was really cool. I told him that I wanted to meet Julie Christmas that night, but was a little scared to do so. He laughed and said that she is a pretty intense individual (ya think?!?). :lol:
Steve Brooks from Mouth of the Architect was very personable when I met him last year.
Andrew Barnes of Gifts from Enola is a really nice guy. He talked to me at length at their gig with If These Trees Could Talk (who were also fairly cool) a few years ago.
James Farwell from Bison B.C. was pretty cool, as was Masa Anzai - I met them at the High on Fire gig in Columbus last year.
I met bassist / vocalist Matt Martinez of Landmine Marathon at Scion Fest last year - he seemed to be a pretty cool guy.
Last but not least - my brother and I were at the merch booth at the Origin show a few years ago, and we were talking about how talented the bass player was in local opening band Fully Consumed. The guy behind the counter said, "yeah, he is pretty good, for sure". Later, when Origin took the stage, we found out the guy we had been talking to was Origin's bassist / vocalist Mike Flores (who is obviously way the fuck better than the guy from Fully Consumed). Ah, good times. :eyes: :D

JuuKun
11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
Devin Townsend and Marco Hietala (Nightwish/Tarot) are easily the two nicest guys I've ever met. Schmier from Destruction is also pretty nice, and Nergal has been really nice every time I've met him as well.

evildeadjedi
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Cool:

Clutch (so down to earth) Honorable mention: Sean The Merch Guy is cool too!
Goatwhore (really cool guys especially Ben)
Watch Them Die (They got a kick out of the fact I though they were Emo-core when I first heard the name)
High On Fire (Pike and the boys were really laid back dudes and Pike was not completely blitzed out of his mind)
Jello Biafra (As long as you don't mention The Dead Kennedy's)
Brett and Greg from Bad Religion (I would so vote for Greg!)
Roger, Vinnie, and Chris from Less Than Jake (Such cool guys)
Tom from Bouncing Souls (very chill and laid back signing my cd)
Mike McColgan, Rick Barton, Al Barr, Ken Casey, Matt Kelley, Jeff Darosa, and James lynch of Dropkick Murphy's (extremely nice guys especially Al who dedicated Curse of a Fallen Soul to a friend of mine who passed away days before the show in Cleveland)
Lars Fredrickson of Rancid (Very cool guy and very intelligent)
Milo Aukerman of Descendents (Extremely intelligent and signed my cd)
Toby from H2O (Very cool guy signed my cd and told me a story about when he was a roadie for Sick of it All)
Justine Sane from Anti-Flag (very cool and educated)
Matt Skiba, Dan Andriano, Derek Grant from Alkaline Trio (Matt was acting a little bit of an asshole but Derek told a story and we all start busting up!)
Dimitri Minakakis and Chris Pennie from The Dillinger Escape Plan (Very laid back and chill guys Pennie signed the drumstick I caught)
Adam Carson, Hunter Burgan, Jade Puget of AFI (Davy doesn't like attention)
Dave Quackenbush, Warren Fitzgerald, Joe Escalante and Josh Freese of The Vandals (Wow these guys especially Warren are awesome!)
Kevin Lyman creator of The Vans Warped Tour, Taste of Chaos, and Mayhem tours. (I thought he would be a prick but, he was like down to earth and just a lover of music)
Igor Calavera of Sepultura (He seemed cool and signed my copy of Arise)
Poison The Well (Very cool guys I met at their booth after their set at Warped Tour)
Chuck Ragan and Chris Wollard of Hotwater Music (see above)
Willie Nelson (Met him because a friend of mines mom used to help organize the talent for a festival in my hometown. He was one of the nicest people I have ever met wish I could have smoked a j with him.)
Sean and J from White Zombie (Very laid back people though wish I could have met Zombie)
Lajon from Sevendust (The band played a side stage at Warped Tour before getting big and the guy was cool as hell)
Mike Muir, Mike Clark, and Dean Pleasants of Suicidal Tendencies (they must have mellowed in the years since the band got voted biggest assholes by Flipside back in 82')
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez of At The Drive In (Very nice guy compared to Cedric)
Fat Mike of NOFX (He nearly made me piss myself that guy should do stand up!)
Karma 2 Burn (very laid back guys)
Wes from Limp Bizkit (such a contrast from Fred)
Skeletonwitch (very cool guys can't wait till they play in Ohio again)
Jurassic 5 (some of the most laid back guys I have ever seen)
Ice T (kind of surprised me but I think he really liked the crowds at Warped Tour)
The New Bomb Turks (Columbus local guys very cool)
Dave King, Bridget Regan and Dennis Casey of Flogging Molly (Met after Dublin Irish Festival and Warped Tour both times very cool people)

Dicks:
Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At The Drive In (met them when him and Omar were still in ATLDI so it could have been the drug abuse)
Dani Filth of Cradle of Filth (total douchebag)
Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit (even before they exploded he was dick)
Warman from Children of Bodom (full of himself)

mankvill
11-16-2010, 12:23 PM
Hmm.

The guys from Vektor were really cool. And Karl Sanders literally stayed in the venue to sign everything and shake everyone's hand until no one was left. That was awesome. The guys in Evile were really appreciative to anyone that was receptive towards them!

I dunno if I've met anyone that was really a jerk.

Bloodcurse
11-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Some others I thought of:

Cool:

Jerry Only (Misfits) - He signed everything for everybody after the show and was so very polite and kind. Not the asshole that Danzig makes him out to be.
Doyle (Misfits) - Very soft spoken and shy, but very friendly.
Tony Iommi - VERY nice!!!
Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse) - Probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met. The second time I met him was about 2 years after the first time. And he remembered who I was, what we talked about the first time, and where it was. The man meets hundreds of fans a day and to remember one in such detail blew me away!!

Dicks:

Dave Mustaine (or like I call Dave Cumstaine) - The asshole came out of the venue with 4 security guards and was covering his face with a piece of paper.
Janni Warman (Children of Bodom) - Stuck up asshole!!
Ralph Santalla (Deicide / Obituary) - I asked him for an interview, he pointed to my inverted cross necklace and said "Not if you're wearing that!!
Eric Hoffmann (Deicide) - Asked for a photo and he said "busy!" and kept walking. (it was 4 hours before the show)

Bloodcurse
11-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Although I never met him, but my Mom did, but Johnny Cash. She said he was the most friendly and kind person she had ever met in her life!!

Natrlhi
11-16-2010, 01:36 PM
A couple more random tidbits:

The guys from Russian Circles seem like total reclusive types to me, but not necessarily dicks. I think they're just uber shy and / or humble.

I was hoping to get to meet somebody from Isis and / or Red Sparowes at the (two different) shows that they have played at the Grog Shop in Cleveland (a venue that's so small that you almost can't help but meet the band members at some point), but no dice. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I did get the impression that some of those dudes are pretty introspective and not into meeting huge groups of fans all the time. Just an impression on my part, though.

My brother got the Pig Destroyer set list signed by frontman J.R. Hayes at MDF VII in 2009. He seemed like a pretty all right guy (J.R., not my brother - he's a dick :D).

Derelict
11-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Some more cool dudes

Gene Hoglan
Richard Christy
Burton Bell - he was pretty drunk at a ministry show, he came up to me to say how much he liked my Amorphis shirt
Fernando (Moonspell) - came up to me to tell me he liked my carnivore shirt
Vortex (ex-dimmu) - he was extremely drunk at the hotel after a festival in NJ, he told us to come by his room later for some beers
Keep of Kalessin - was at the bar after a show with those guys and Nergal, all of them were making fun of one of the KoK dudes for not drinking
Silenoz (Dimmu)

larvtard
11-16-2010, 01:58 PM
Never met anyone... :eyes:

I'm shy. :bouville::bouville:

DethMaiden
11-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Almost everyone in a band I've ever met has been nice. They usually just seem really appreciative that you care about their music and bothered to walk up to their merch table/bus/barstool to tell them so. And it's pretty fucking easy to meet bands without really trying, so I'm not gonna sit here and make a list - I've met way, way, way too many musicians I admire for that.

My favorite encounters have been with Brann Dailor and Mikael Åkerfeldt, probably.

EDIT: Oh, and honorable mention to Phil McSorley, who was a wonderful and candid interviewee, but whom I unfortunately had to interview by phone thanks to geographical complications.

ravenheart
11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Wait, walking up to them after a show counts?

Dissimulate
11-16-2010, 03:18 PM
The only major band I have ever met is Incantation and they were all cool, Kyle Severn especially. I'm sure I've met a few local bands, none of them stick out though.

treghet
11-16-2010, 03:26 PM
My favorite encounters have been with Brann Dailor and Mikael Åkerfeldt, probably.

I'd like to meet Mikael, he seems like a pretty funny and entertaining guy. And he's into all kinds of different music.

DethMaiden
11-16-2010, 03:31 PM
I'd like to meet Mikael, he seems like a pretty funny and entertaining guy. And he's into all kinds of different music.

He's probably my number one musical hero, so it was pretty special to get to meet him. He was wearing a Heart shirt at the time, so yeah, he's into plenty of music. :lol:

elturtleboy
11-16-2010, 04:12 PM
Shane West(Jonny Was,The Germs)-Really nice guy got me into some free shows,let me sing a lot of songs,and always made me feel like their favorite fan. Best guy ever.

Lorna Doom(The Germs)Really sweet lady who always remembers me.

Pat Smear(The Germs,Nirvana,Foo Fighters)Quiet humble man,still polite

Don Bolles(The Germs,45 Grave)An insane but really awesome dude

Tony Cadena(Adolescents,ADZ)I met this guy when i was a kid! Still a really awsome guy

Flea(FEAR,Red Hot Chili Peppers)-Kinda Rock star-ish but was still nice enough to take a pic.

Jack Grisham(TSOL,Joykiller)-Too nice!

John Frusciante(Red Hot Chili Peppers)-Drunk but cool.

Marky Ramone(Ramones,Voidoids,Misfits)He thinks he owns punk rock or sumthen,dick

Tommy Ramone(Ramones)For starting the ramones hes really cool

CJ Ramone(Ramones)He offered to take a picture and sign my stuff. Probably the 2nd nicest after Shane

John Cafiero(Osaka Pop Star)Nice guy,i took a pic with him cause i felt bad for him cause his band really sucks ass.

Billy Zoom (X)Nice at first then got all pissy with me cause i asked about another member of X.

Joe Esclante(The Vandals)My favorite republican. He told to jump over a gate to take a pic. Also cool on the radio when i used to call in.

Joey Bondange(Narcoleptic Youth)Dude! A total Badass!

Mike Watt(Minutemen,fIREHOSE)He was so excited when i asked for his picture at warped tour. No other "punx as fuck" poser knew who this legend was.

Casey Royer(D.I.,Adolescents)Hugs me,complements my shirt,takes a pic,then hugs again.

Bay Cortez(Possessed,Sadistic Intent)HA! Nice guy for letting me hang out in his store and sold me an Anal Cunt cd. He still gave me a discount card for spending 60 bux.

LandPhil(Municipal Waste,Cannabis Corpse)He was nice enough to let me take 2 pics with him since the first one was all fucked up. Really nice guy. Totally stoned.

Joel Grind(Toxic Holocaust,Tiger Junkies)I pointed at him,he pointed at me we smiled as we walked away. My best gay moment.

Alex Webster(Cannibal Corpse)Really nice guy who took a pic with my friend and talked to us for a few

Neil Turbin(Anthrax,Deathriders)Really nice guy and gets happy when u talk to him.

Katon W.De Pena(Hirax)Nice dude,very nice.

John Kevill(Warbringer)TOTAL COOL!

Mel Mongeon(Fuck The Facts)She was kinda like wtf about me but eh she was pregnant so i dont mind.

Marc Bourgon(Fuck The Facts)Nice guy,gave me free stickers.

Chance Garnett(Skeletonwitch)Badass singer,badass dude

Phil Campbell (Motörhead)He was ok i guess. Not nice,not mean

Gio(Meciless Death)-Too wasted,too funny. Nice overall

Alladin(Bonded By Blood)-Nice enough to take a pic with,he will be missed!

Anthony Vasquez(Fueled By Fire)-Total Dick

Konan(Exmortus,RattleheaD)Let me have a free shirt if i let my buddy hit me in the face. Nice guy!

evildeadjedi
11-16-2010, 04:34 PM
Some others I thought of:

Janni Warman (Children of Bodom) - Stuck up asshole!!

Guess I'm not the only one the guy is so full of himself.

Wizzbang11
11-16-2010, 04:51 PM
Awesome:
Raul Vera (Impaled)
Sean McGrath (Impaled/Ghoul)
All of Funerot
Jello Biafra
Al Chambers (ex-Toxic Holocaust)
GWAR
Travis Ryan (Cattle Decapitation)
Tony Foresta (Municipal Waste)
Land Phil (Municipal Waste/Cannabis Corpse)
Population Reduction
Alex Webster (Cannibal Corpse)
Corpsegrinder (Cannibal Corpse)
Phobia

Ok:
Ross Sewage (Impaled/Ludicra)
Joel Grind (Toxic Holocaust)
Pat O'Brian (Cannibal Corpse)
Ryan Waste

Assholes:
Robert Deathrage (Meatshits)

Dextrimental
11-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Most of the bands I have met are really nice.. Lamb of God, Trivium, Dragonforce, Anthra, Atreyu, Motion City Soundtrack, Down/Pantera, Suffocation, Mucc, Horse The Band, Annihilator, Bleeding Through, Hatebreed, Man Must Die..

Only assholes I have encountered really are Carcass, they cancelled their signing at Graspop, but then when we saw them come out of the VIP entrance into the festival area Michael Amott refused to shake one of my friends hands and Jeff Walker ignored me when I asked for a photo.. Obituary and Bullet For My Valentine were ok, just sorta indifferent to the whole thing..

Nick_to_the_face
11-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Derek Kerswill from Unearth is really cool, me and a buddy had a few drinks with him :D
Cannibal Corpse, Machine Head, and Motorhead(except i didn't meet all memebrs :( ) are probably the nicest bands i've met, and All That Remains.
When I met Ivan from 5FDP he was really nice...

as for dicks...hmmm
Can't think of any right now..
i haven't met anyone from Bodom, buy I can just tell that they would be dicks, I know someone who met Alexi and he said he was a complete asshole

Maiden33
11-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Favorites:
-Bob Katsionis (Firewind)
-Zak Stevens (Savatage, Circle II Circle)
-Jeff Plate (Savatage, TSO)
-Dave Meniketti (Y&T)
-Alex Beyrodt (Silent Force, Primal Fear)
-Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow, Yngwie, solo)
-Bobby Jarzombek (Riot, Halford, etc)
-Manticora (some of the coolest and friendliest people I've ever met, especially Lars. Hanging out with them for 2 days was a blast)
-Biff Byford (Saxon)

Least Favorites/"Dicks":
-Al Pitrelli (Savatage, TSO) - seriously, what an ass hole. I've heard he's not always bad and I caught him on a bad day or something - but still, there was no excuse for how shitty he acted.
-Mat Sinner (Primal Fear, Sinner) - not terrible, but just kinda has this subtle "you're wasting my time" attitude about him.

elturtleboy
11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Awesome:

Assholes:
Robert Deathrage (Meatshits)

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh thanks for the warning,and u lucky bastard u met Biafra!

powerslave_85
11-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Least Favorites/"Dicks":
-Al Pitrelli (Savatage, TSO) - seriously, what an ass hole. I've heard he's not always bad and I caught him on a bad day or something - but still, there was no excuse for how shitty he acted.He signed my program after a TSO show and seemed pretty nice.

I haven't met very many people, but none of them were dicks.

Agent M (Tsunami Bomb)- Very sweet, and gorgeous in person.
Tom Gabel, Warren Oakes, and Andrew Seward (Against Me!)- All very nice, especially Tom, who was genuinely grateful to talk to fans. Andrew's a great guy; I spoke to him all three times I've seen them and he was always great.
Todd Kowalski (Propagandhi)- Very friendly

I'm EXTREMELY jealous of the people who've met Jello Biafra and Mike Watt.

Bloodcurse
11-17-2010, 07:54 PM
Here's two more I forgot:

Nice:
Bobby Liebling (Pentagram) - Talked to him on a sidewalk in Baltimore for like 20 mins. VERY NICE GUY!!!!

Dick:
Rob Dukes (Exodus) - Stuck up prick!!!!!

BloodoftheKings
11-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Cool:
Rob Dukes (Exodus)- He was pretty nice when I met him.
Jim LaMarca (Chimaira)- Hung out and talked for a good 10 minutes.
Chris Clancy & Andrew Jacobs (Mutiny Within)- I've talked to these guys several times. The other guys in the band are pretty antisocial though.
Jim Florentine & Don Jamieson (That Metal Show)- Their not musicians but I thought I'd mention this anyway.
CorpseGrinder (Cannibal Corpse)- He acts like he's just part of the crowd and is always willing to talk to fans.

Dicks:
Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)- Wouldn't personalize books or take pictures. :flame:

Akumu
11-17-2010, 08:35 PM
I've never really run into any complete jerks yet - I'm quiet by nature, so I'm not really offended when band members are reclusive. I hope it stays that way. :eyes:

The coolest, though? Hmm...

- I agree with JuuKun in that Marco Hietala was ridiculously nice and very sociable - he was mingling with people everywhere at the bar, and when I asked him to sign a Tarot shirt for a friend, he asked if he could use my back/shoulder as something to write on. :D
- The Oceans of Sadness dudes were awesome to hang out with (especially Tijs and Guy), and I got them to autograph my shoe with no protest. They were quite inebriated.
- Bill from Illusion Suite was really nice, but I also had no idea that he was even in a band (as opposed to Random Dude at ProgPower from Norway) until I saw him walk on-stage, so that was... interesting. :eyes:
- Also, Isaac Delahaye from Epica wins Ultimate Respect Points for taking a a photo of us with his cell phone in what must've been 10-degree weather in January. And then teaching me how to use Bluetooth on my cell phone so I could get the pic from him. HE WAS SO PATIENT.
- And as much as people rag on Blackguard, they're always accessible and super-nice! :party:

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Dick:
Rob Dukes (Exodus) - Stuck up prick!!!!!

Really? He was very kind to me when I met him, and I just guessed that his on stage douchebagness was just an act. Surprised at that.

300%_Density
11-17-2010, 10:16 PM
So many to remember:

I've luckily never ran acrossed anybody that was a dick at all and that is very good thing b/c that would kill it for me and enjoying a band.

Elias Soriano (Nonpoint) - Met him twice. Very cool, 2nd time I introduced myself and I went to high school w/ a guy that did merch from them and then he was even cooler after that. Very nice guy

Andrew WK - Still the NICEST guy I have ever met in my life, maybe not even just bands but in life. Waited in line for him at Warped 7 years ago and when he signed my program he signed like a paragraph. And before I got up in line he stopped and thanked everyone for waiting and that he wouldn't leave and would follow people into the parking lot unti everything was signed. Just the nicest guy.

Morgan (Kittie) - Met her before a show like 8 years ago and didn't know what she would be like but she was super nice.

Scott (Terror) - Was a very nice guy as well, I waited around outside and waited for him to get off his cell phone and he was nice enough to get a picture w/ me. (Not a stalker I promise) :)

Marc Rizzo - Got to catch him on a solo tour and he was very personable and got a picture w/ him

Bobby Burns - Met him several times and also real nice and got complemented on my Helmet shirt and during a Primer 55 show a few years ago I think he asked while on stage if anybody wanted any gum and I had my hands up like a jackass and got a pack of gum from him. Beats the hell out of a guitar pic right!!!! :party:

Barney & Shane (Napalm Death) - Barney was just hanging out near merch area and I got a picture w/ him and he was very nice and polite. Also got a pic w/ Shane after their set and signed my setlist as well.

Everybody in Divine Heresy minus Dino b/c I didn't get to meet him but after I bought their cd Travis was telling people to go sign the cd after I bought it which I thought was pretty nice.

During Anvil's set @ Rocklahoma 2 years ago some guy was going around saying Overkill was signing and I hauled ass over there and they were all super cool.

During Uproar this year I met Halestorm for my girlfriend since she wasn't able to and even though they aren't necessarily my type of music they were all very super nice. Probably some of the nicer people I've met in bands.

And my most star struck moment was getting to meet Page from Helmet at Warped Tour a few years ago. Only time I have ever really been nervous and worried about saying something stupid but he was super cool. And when they played he recognized me right up against the gate and got a pic as well.

Fe Maiden
11-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Cool:

Sammy Hagar

Tommy Shaw

Phil Collen

Joe Elliot

Vivian Campbell

Rick Savage

Rick Allen

Matthias Jabs

Rudolf Schenker

Klaus Meine

elturtleboy
11-18-2010, 03:09 PM
ive met actor Tony trejo once,really nice guy and he thanked me for stuff,idk real badass

HackedUpForBBQ
11-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Nice:
-Dave Brockie
-Glen Benton
-Joey Belladonna
-Tony Lazaro
-Joel Grind
-Chance Garnette
-Frank Watkins
-Jimmy Bower
-Steve Kudlow

Dick:
-Jack Owen

John The Drummer
11-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Nice:
Exodus - My band played with them a couple of years ago and we let them use our equipment. We were all on stage showing them our stuff and just shooting the shit. Really nice guys, especially Tom Hunting, he was standing stage side watching me and came up to me right when we finished to tell me how awesome I was :D

Keep of Kalessin - Just met them last week at Nile. The singer and bassist went to the merch booth right away and were very cool down to earth guys.

Jeff Loomis - All around nice guy. He showed up to one of my bands shows and I didn't recognize him, but he kept saying hi to me and said "good job *thumbs up*" after our set, very sweet guy.

dammit... there are a ton more I've met but they have all left my mind right now.

I have not met any really dickish bands yet, but one band that I do not like now due to one member is Blackguard. I saw them on their first US tour, very nice guys, thankful for my girlfriend at the time and I for coming out, hung out after the show... totally cool. UNTIL one of them kept flirting with my girlfriend, eventually sending her an email saying how much he loves her and wants to be with her forever... yeah.

The Colonel
11-19-2010, 09:10 AM
About 7 years ago when Maiden toured with Dio and Motorhead, a buddy of mine scored VIP passes which turned out to be fakes. We somehow got into the VIP lounge anyway. We wound up hanging out with Jimmy Bain and Simon Wright from Dio all night, they were awesome! After the bar closed, they kept going into the dressing room and coming back with beers so we could keep drinking. Also met Janick Gers and Dave Murray, they were nice to me but I think they were arguing with each other at the time so I steered clear after they signed my cd. Out of everyone I met that night though, Adrian Smith was the coolest. He had a drink with me at the bar and stopped security from throwing me out when they figured out my pass wasn't valid. Great guy, made me love my favorite band even more.

It seems everyone has had bad experiences with Dave Mustaine, but he was really nice to me and some friends when he probably shouldn't have been. We were at a Phoenix Coyotes game about 8-9 years ago and wound up sitting a few rows behind him. We got to our seats late, so he was already seated and we couldn't tell if it was him or not. We were all pretty drunk and started singing Megadeth songs loud enough for him to hear us, just to see if we could get his attention. He kinda half turned his head and waved, so we stopped. During the intermission he came up and introduced himself and chatted for a bit. I thought he was really nice.

I've met many, many musicians over the years and the vast majority of them are really nice people. Max Cavalera used to come into my friend's record store all the time and hang out and talk about old crust bands. Ross from Immolation remembers me everytime they come through Phoenix, as do the guys from Suffocation. Terrence had drinks with me and my friend at their last show here and also once wore my old band's shirt onstage at some huge festival.

I'd have to say the only guy I've met that was a jerk was Mike Ammott from Arch Enemy/Carcass. This was years ago, long before the Carcass reunion, when Arch Enemy were on their first headline tour of the US. They played at the now defunct Mason Jar with Hate Eternal and the Black Dahlia Murder. After the show we were drinking at the dive bar next door. When we went outside, we saw Angela Gossow, Sharlee D'Angelo, and Mike Ammott out back with a few other people. I had met Sharlee before so I started talking to him. He was always really nice, as was Angela. Mike kinda stayed away and didn't talk much. My friend is a guitarist, so naturally he wanted to talk to Mike, but he was being kind of a dick. When we were getting ready to leave, my friend posed for a picture with Mike and Angela, but Mike covered his face and stormed off after my friend showed him his Heartwork tattoo. Total jerk. I've heard too many stories about this guy for it to be an isolated incident. One of the bands on Carcass's US tour said they were all nice except Mike, who stayed on his bus the whole time and wouldn't talk to anyone.

Nick_to_the_face
11-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Looking at some of these, it's disappointing to read that some of your favorite artists can be dicks, like Dani Filth...oh well

darkguardian50
11-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Haven't really met any dick's either. Actually. Michael Romeo from Symphony X was about the closest but he wasn't a dick, he was just quiet. Russell Allen is an awesome guy, kinda intimidating cause he's fucking huge. And when I saw Therion I was talking guitar stuff with a guy at the merch booth who turned out to be Kristian Nemian, he came out early and sat at the merch table just practicing and watching the opening acts, which right there says alot about how awesome he is. Really cool guy. I got a signed album from Christoffer from Therion. Tryin to think who else. All the guys from TSO (I've met Chris numerous times and he is just such a awesome guy) and I talked for a bit with Alex Skolnick about his stuff in TSO and his legendary work with Testament. Awesome guy. Alot of the guest singers from TSO were extremely cool, notably the now deceased Diamond Darrel. What a voice that dude had and he was incredibly nice, and funny.

Oh a few others, Marcus from Blind Guardian I met briefly before the BG show at the Jaxx, very nice guy. He made a crack about Andre hiding in the bus which I thought was pretty funny. Angela Gossow, I came up to her after the show and said how impressed I was with their music, having never heard them before. She seemed genuinely appreciative to have gotten a new fan. Only briefly met Portnoy and Satriani but both seemed like nice guys, they were laughing and joking around with fans, which is always a good sign. I think thats about it for me.

DethMaiden
11-21-2010, 12:51 AM
I'll add Grace Perry of Landmine Marathon to my "who's nice" list. Completely charming and kind and interesting, had several good conversation with her tonight, that is, when she wasn't pulling my hair, screaming in my face, and punching me in the chest.

MPF
11-21-2010, 12:58 AM
I'll add Grace Perry of Landmine Marathon to my "who's nice" list. Completely charming and kind and interesting, had several good conversation with her tonight, that is, when she wasn't pulling my hair, screaming in my face, and punching me in the chest.

You should have bought her dinner, or at least a cup of coffee after. :D

*jealous*

The_jman
11-21-2010, 07:54 AM
What?

Wizzbang11
11-21-2010, 09:33 AM
I am very confused as to how Brad ended up fucking the singer of Landmine Marathon.

PowerMaiden
11-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Iron Maiden

that night in october of 2006, where we spend an entire evening at a hotel bar in Québec city was truly amazing. All the guys were awesome, I took pictures and talk to everyone exept for Nicko who wasn't there. Bruce, Steve and Davey were particularly cool but the coolest of them all is fucking Rod ! I chatted with him for at least half an hour, we talked about my kids, our favourites Maiden songs, where to go if I ever visit england, he even told me the concept of their next tour (The SBIT tour) . I even paid him a couples of beers.

what a night !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

makethemsuffer12
11-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Iron Maiden

that night in october of 2006, where we spend an entire evening at a hotel bar in Québec city was truly amazing. All the guys were awesome, I took pictures and talk to everyone exept for Nicko who wasn't there. Bruce, Steve and Davey were particularly cool but the coolest of them all is fucking Rod ! I chatted with him for at least half an hour, we talked about my kids, our favourites Maiden songs, where to go if I ever visit england, he even told me the concept of their next tour (The SBIT tour) . I even paid him a couples of beers.

what a night !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden
You lucky bastard.

DethMaiden
11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
What?

I am very confused as to how Brad ended up fucking the singer of Landmine Marathon.

http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15275

The_jman
11-29-2010, 05:14 AM
http://metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15275
It was funnier before I knew the true story...but still pretty neat.

hellawaits77ny
04-01-2011, 11:17 PM
I'll stir up an old thread. Haven't met a ton of guys, but here they are:

Cool
Stigma + Pokey Mo - Agnostic Front : Both very cool. Actually took time to shoot the shit and have a legit conversation w/ me.

Ben Orum - All Shall Perish : Didn't chat long, but gave me his email address and seemed pretty cool.

Corpsegrinder - Cannibal Corpse: Like everyone says, he's one of the coolest dudes I've ever met. Actually converses, maintains eye contact, seemed very appreciative, just an overall nice guy.

Scott Vogel - Terror : Was in a rush when I met him, but was nice. Talked to him on MySpace a couple years back, too.

Guitar player from Arsonists Get All The Girls : Can't remember his name, but he was cool and pretty funny. We actually made fun of all the scene kids at the show. He admitted he's irritated that the majority of their fanbase is dumbass teenagers who don't know metal.

Sean Beasley - Dying Fetus : Didn't feel like chatting cause I was in a rush, but after a show I saw him backstage, shook his hand and told him great show. He looked me in the eye and said "Thanks, Man." Seemed genuinally appreciative.

Ray Mazzola - Full Blown Chaos : One of the coolest people I've ever met. Both times I filmed them in Feb I chatted w/ him for about 15 minutes about all kinds of shit metal-related. Had a couple beers w/ him too. He's truly appreciative of their fans, which is great to see.

Brett Hoffman - Malevolent Creation : Very cool guy. Definately tell he has Upstate NY and Florida blood in him. A combo of both, LOL. Made an effort to chat w/ fans and seemed overall a nice guy. I felt bad for those guys, you know they don't make much $, and their bus broke down a few days earlier, so I bought him a beer. He couldn't believe it, thanked me about 5 times.

Scott Roberts - ex-Biohazard + Bloodclot, don't know what he's doing now : Never met him personally, but chatted online w/ him a few times. Real nice guy.

OK
Jack Owen - Deicide : Stumbled backstage after I filmed them in Feb, and told him great show, and I loved his work in Cannibal Corpse (hey, I was hammered). He looked kinda befuddled at first, like he might've been annoyed, but he said "Thanks" and shook my hand.

Dick
Bill Robinson - Decrepit Birth : Approached him after their set a couple years ago and said "Hey great show, Man." He gave an annoyed look and a half-ass handshake and nod. He seemed to be irritated by sound problems at the end of the set. I can understand that, but there's no excuse for taking that shit out on someone who just paid to watch you play.

Think that's about it.

MPF
04-02-2011, 12:06 AM
Few More to add to my list.

Cool:
Fair To Midland
Periphery
Scale The Summit

treghet
04-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Dick
Bill Robinson - Decrepit Birth : Approached him after their set a couple years ago and said "Hey great show, Man." He gave an annoyed look and a half-ass handshake and nod. He seemed to be irritated by sound problems at the end of the set. I can understand that, but there's no excuse for taking that shit out on someone who just paid to watch you play.

I've met him a couple times and he was really nice to me and took the time to talk to everybody who came up to the merch booth, but by your story I could see why you would see him as a dick.

I'll add in King Fowley from Deceased. He was really nice when I talked to him on their tour last year. He looked through literally all the CDs he had to try to find me a copy of Supernatural Addiction and also took the time to have an engaging conversation with everybody who came up to him. Also he gave me his email so I could send him some pictures and videos from the show. He might be using some of the footage in the upcoming DVD. :D

NickLed19
04-02-2011, 01:45 AM
I have only met a few people.

Phil Collen from Def Leppard-Really nice guy, took a pic with me and signed some stuff.

Halestorm-Really nice people.

In This Moment-Same.....didn't really care as long as Maria was nice.

Northern_Shaman
04-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Very cool thread, fortunately haven't really ever had negative experiences.

Notable awesome people include:
Sami Hinkka of Ensiferum
Eli Santana & Ian Scott of Holy Grail
Guitarists from Blackguard
Everyone in Swashbuckle
Meri, Merlin, and Simeon of Eluveitie
Olli, Matthias, and Netta from Turisas

brutal_descent
04-02-2011, 02:33 AM
Guitarists from DEP
Everyone from Megadeth
Singer and Guitarist from BTF
ChuckD and Flava from Public Enemy

BloodoftheKings
04-02-2011, 07:29 AM
Guitarists from DEP
Everyone from Megadeth
Singer and Guitarist from BTF
ChuckD and Flava from Public Enemy

:eek::bowdown:

adamclark52
04-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Me and a friend briefly spoke to Jens Kidman of Meshuggah when they were getting off the stage at a 1999 concert opening for Slayer and he seemed like a really nice guy.

mankvill
04-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Wino and Dave Chandler are SUPER nice. They had no problems taking pictures with fans before their set and hanging out afterwards.

JudasPriest89
04-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Buck from Blue Oyster Cult- Seemed pretty cool

Rick Savage- One of the most awesome people I've met

Rick Allen- Very cool

Dave Mustaine- Snobby, but signed my shirt, didn't really say anything to him though

Paul Stanley- One of the best Musicians I've ever met

Sammy Hagar- Best Musician I've ever met

Joe Elliott- What a prick!

Steven Tyler- Extremely cool

Joe Perry- Asswipe

James Hetfield- He seemed alright

Geddy Lee- Quiet one, but seemed okay.

moobys37
04-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Agalloch are some of the nicest people I've ever met in any part of life. Laura and Phil from Kylesa are great too. They signed my girlfriend's cast and seemed really into the fact I bought Spiral Shadow on vinyl. Warrel Dane was nice about Nevermore but seemed a little standoffish about Sanctuary.

combustion07
04-03-2011, 05:51 PM
David Davidson from Revocation is a really cool dude.

mastodon421
04-26-2011, 05:42 AM
Bump....

I met a few people at NEMHF. Garin Rosen from Arsonists Get All The Girls is one of the nicest guys i've ever met. He came up to me and my friends in the parking lot and just started shooting the shit with us for about 10 minutes. He talked about how bad the first day of the fest was and how the bands they were on tour with (Our Last Night,Vanna) were really nice dudes, but he hated their music. Really cool and funny dude, he even asked us if we had any beer he could buy off us.

Josh Miller from Son Of Aurelius was a really nice as well. He was stoked I recognized him and he was really apprecitative I checked out their set and was a fan of their music. Also said hi to Evan from Skeletonwitch(he was talking to someone else) and he gave me a high five and commented on my Breathing The Fire shit.

kommie
04-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Lamb of God - Went to the Ozzfest 2007 signing, all the guys seemed pretty chill, only Randy seemed pissed off, or at least hungover maybe, he had sunglasses on and seemed annoyed.

3 Inches of Blood - Met Cam Pipes, sorta, the band were more or less in charge of their merch booth when I saw em in the city, didn't realize until after that it was him, cause he looked very familiar, was cool. also met Shane, talked to him a bit, he said they also re-recorded a new version of Hall of Heroes for the 7", that or they've just been playing it in practice sessions a lot, he also took some pictures with fans, didn't seem to mind.

daimonos
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Lamb of God - Went to the Ozzfest 2007 signing, all the guys seemed pretty chill, only Randy seemed pissed off, or at least hungover maybe, he had sunglasses on and seemed annoyed.

I've hung out with LoG twice, and they're all really nice guys. Randy just likes his privacy, he doesn't really even hang out with the rest of the band all too much. I did manage to get him to sign my stuff and talk to me for a bit the first time though.

Namaste
04-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Nice

Laura Pleasants of Kylesa
Byron Davis of God Forbid
All the guys from Amon Amarth

Dick

Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying

masterguy49
04-28-2011, 09:26 AM

He seemed pissed off when I met him too! When my friend got his CDs signed, Randy murmered "fianlly, someone who doesn't get all their shit illegally" :D

mastodon421
04-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Nice

Laura Pleasants of Kylesa
Byron Davis of God Forbid
All the guys from Amon Amarth

Dick

Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying

Tim Lambesis is really a dick? I haven't met him personally, but I know people that have and said he was really cool.

kommie
04-28-2011, 09:53 AM
He seemed pissed off when I met him too! When my friend got his CDs signed, Randy murmered "fianlly, someone who doesn't get all their shit illegally" :D

Yea, but I have no desire to lug around CDs at an all day/night concert

orlandodavis
04-28-2011, 10:35 AM

How'd he know your friend didn't buy it used.:tongue:

bobisdead911
05-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Nice:

Brann Dailor (dude even offered to help me fix my car after the gig)
Bill Kelliher
Troy Sanders
Nicko McBrain (only got to talk to him on the phone but he was awesome)
Paul Masvidal
Sean Reinert

Kind of dicks:

Brent Hinds

I've met 3/4 of Mastodon, Brent was drunk somewhere lol But all were awesome dudes, I got a pic with Troy and he and Brann signed the drumstick that I caught from him, that will always stick out to me as a memorable experience, especially since it was a sold out show and we were right in front.

bobisdead911
05-05-2011, 10:52 PM
I dunno why someone said Byron is a dick, I met him after a show that Light This City was supposed to play right after they broke up, he was having a smoke and I asked him if he knew anything about that, but he was pretty cool about it, didnt give me shit.

For me, I've met a lot of dudes in bands from this day, not so much older bands, but just guys I've talked to during or after shows and the majority have been pretty cool. The only band that I've ever lost respect for due to attitude was Every Time I Die. They did a signing at Sounds of the Underground one year and only like 2 would shake hands and Jordan wouldn't even look at me. So from there I was kinda less pleased with them, cuz really, they're not THAT big that they need to be getting all big headed. Yeah, they're popular, but they're not the Metallica of their generation. Still can't help but like their music tho.

Cool:

Impending Doom(all super nice ppl)
Whitechapel
Lamb of God
Byron(God Forbid)
Troy, Bill, Brann(Mastodon)
Ronnie(Born of Osiris)
Jake(August Burns Red)
Robin(The Ocean, although the most recent time I met him he was eating and seemed a bit annoyed that I tried to talk to him, gave him the benefit of the doubt cuz I love that band and they're pretty awesome for the most part)
Nick(Arsis)
Anthony(After the Burial)
Greg and Gunface(The Red Chord)
Alex(Despised Icon)
Chad(Legend/For the Fallen Dreams)
Sacha, Joe, Dave(Intronaut)
Snake(A Life Once Lost)
Mike, Justin(Through the Eyes of the Dead)
CJ(Upon A Burning Body)
Mike(Withered)

Dick/Bitch:

ETID
Grace(Landmine Marathon, nice enough when you meet her, and of course every guy wants to right? But apparantly she'll turn around and think you're an idiot after cuz she blocked me on twitter, so there you go, shows what she thinks of their fans, I stopped liking them because of that)

larvtard
05-06-2011, 01:29 PM
The only band that I've ever lost respect for due to attitude was Every Time I Die. They did a signing at Sounds of the Underground one year and only like 2 would shake hands and Jordan wouldn't even look at me. So from there I was kinda less pleased with them, cuz really, they're not THAT big that they need to be getting all big headed. Yeah, they're popular, but they're not the Metallica of their generation. Still can't help but like their music tho.

I was at their merch table at Warped, and bought a shirt from them, not realizing until afterwards that the guy I bought it from was either Keith or Jordan. I wouldn't say he's a dick per se, but he was kind of douchey. I won't hold it against him though, because I did kinda act like an idiot when I said "I want that one" and I just pointed to a shirt. He didn't know what I was talking about, kinda gave me attitude. He did thank me for buying it though, it just didn't seem very enthusiastic.

LAXdef16
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
I met the members of Flogging Molly recently and all of them were really cool except Dave apparently supports Manchester United :mad:

JRA
05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
Dick/Bitch:

ETID
Grace(Landmine Marathon, nice enough when you meet her, and of course every guy wants to right? But apparantly she'll turn around and think you're an idiot after cuz she blocked me on twitter, so there you go, shows what she thinks of their fans, I stopped liking them because of that)

So you don't like her because she's nice to you in person but she blocks you on twitter.

k. :eyes:

powerslave_85
05-06-2011, 05:26 PM
So you don't like her because she's nice to you in person but she blocks you on twitter.

k. :eyes:
I don't think we're getting the whole story here. He didn't say what he said/did on Twitter that got her to block him.

MPF
05-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Average Metal Guy On Twitter To Hot Metal Chick Musician: Hey you are really good, and super hot. Wanna fuck the next time you are in town.

Every Hot Metal Chick Musician To Every Average Guy On Twitter: HAHAHAHAH! *BAN*

Not saying that is the case....but you can see my point.

bassmasta257
05-11-2011, 12:06 PM
COOL

Agalloch-talked with the frontman and the guitar player and they were both really great dudes. They really loved what they were doing and greatly appreciated thier fans and took as much time as they could talking and what not to them.

Phil Labonte- talked with him when i saw em on the In Flames tour in 08, pretty cool

Bill Robinson- had many conversations with him, awesome guy very down to earth

Immolation- talked to Steve and Ross, full of smiles and all that havin a good time

John McEntee- really chilled out, talked to him for a short bit when they toured "Onward To Golgotha"

Vital Remains- honestly the coolest band I've ever met. The first time i saw em at Chicago Deathfest i was talking to Tony for a while, right when i walked in i went up and bought a shirt and sparked up a conversation (The Faceless's booth was gettin all the attention), he was really fun to talk to and he dug the fact that me (a skinny little 15 year old kid at the time) dug there music. Not to mention they blew me away with there performance that night. Then i saw them again on the Pestilence tour and i once again talked with Tony who recognized me and got to meet Scott and Gator, all genuinly happy to be there and were all having a great time. The last time was at Summer Slaughter, me and my friends literally chilled with the whole band except John for 3 or 4 bands, just talking about anything whatsoever, trying to convince the drummer to learn thier old songs, gettin tips on how to play blast beats, lightly making fun of the shitty music that was playing in the next room (Carnifex..........) and all that good stuff. They invited us to chill with em afterwards which i regret not doing but me being 16 i had to get my ass home :D

3 Inches of Blood- talked to them at there merch booth on Ozzfest

Destroyer 666- talked to thier frontman and one other dude when i saw them on the Enthroned tour, both a tad drunk but cool none the less

DICKS
none that i can think of at the moment, although i saw As I Lay Dying and Blessthefall opened up........right when they went on i put up my middle finger and the guirist ran out and flippped me off and throughout there whole set i was yelling YOU GUYS SUCK DICK and they were getting very very peeved........but i suppose I was being the dick there hahaha:allan:

John The Drummer
05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Was hanging out with Blackguard in the bar last time they were here in Seattle. Lets just say... they like Asian girls. Creeping on my friends lady all night >_<

camby118
05-13-2011, 12:34 AM
Ol from Evile was really, really cool. We talked briefly in November 2010 about their set and how they were one of the reasons I went to the show. I also asked him if they were going to record soon and we talked a bit about that and the last time that I saw them.

Their drummer (Ben?) was really cool. Like Ol, they both seemed really grateful that someone dug them instead of just worshipping Forbidden and Overkill. He remembered the NY show I saw them at and we talked about the attempted terrorist attack on Times Square that happened.

Bobby Blitz from Overkill was cool. I feel like I annoyed him because my camera kept on failing and it took forever to get a picture with him, and a lot of others were waiting to do it. Nonetheless, we were talking about Ironbound and such beforehand.

Derek Tailer from Overkill was nice but kind of obnoxious- not in a mean way, but he was really loud and such. Cool guy though.

Heathen's Kragen Lum was plenty grateful when I told him his set was awesome. I didn't stay for too long but he was always smiling with fans and taking pictures with them, even thanking kids for buying shirts. I wish I'd talked to him but he was talking to this older man, who I thought was his dad based on their conversation, and I didn't want to interrupt. I just shook his hand and told him their set was awesome.

Addicted2metal
07-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Nice

Dick

Tim Lambesis of As I Lay Dying really? I met him last year he was one of the coolest guys I met. what did he do?

kommie
07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
really? I met him last year he was one of the coolest guys I met. what did he do?

he probably told him unless he found Christ he'd rot for all eternity.

slapguitarer
07-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Arthur Von Nagel of Cormorant: Super chill dude. Really relaxed and awesome to talk to.

Red Fang: I met them at the signing at Mayhem Fest and they were all really nice and greatful. I went back later to buy a shirt and talked to the drummer for a bit. Super nice guy.

Unearth: Same deal, I met the band as a whole at their signing at the Mayhem Fest. I didn't really talk to any of 'em one-on-one, but from what I gathered they were all really chill dudes.

Triggz
07-16-2011, 08:23 PM
Based solely off of personal experience, not what I've heard.

Cool
Anders Friden (In Flames)
Terrance Hobbs (Suffocation)
Jamey Jasta (Hatebreed/Kingdom of Sorrow)
Kirk Windstein (Kingdom of Sorrow)
Twiggy Ramirez (Marilyn Manson)
Andy Gerold (Marilyn Manson)
Ginger Fish (Marilyn Manson)
Adam Dutkiewicz (Killswitch Engage/Times of Grace)
Francesco Artusato (All Shall Perish)
Mike Tiner (All Shall Perish)
Ben Orum (All Shall Perish)
Dave Davidson (Revocation)
Oderus Urungus (GWAR)
Jerms Genske (Dirge Within)
Shaun Glass (Dirge Within/SOiL)
Alex Shelnutt (A Day To Remember)
Bill Robinson (Decrepit Birth)
Stitch (Mushroomhead)
Jonny Davy (Job For A Cowboy)
Chad Gray (Mudvayne/Hellyeah)
Craig Mabbit (Escape The Fate)
Johnny Santos (Spineshank)
Lee Foral (After The Burial)

Everyone in Thrice

Everyone in Cattle Decapitation

Everyone In Blessthefall

Everyone in All That Remains, especially Jeanne, who keeps remembering me whenever I meet them and is incredibly nice and down to earth.

Everyone in Winds Of Plague, who know me by name at this point.

Borderline
David Draimen (Disturbed)
Dan Donegan (Disturbed)

Dicks
Chris Vrenna (Marilyn Manson/Nine Inch Nails)
Job For A Cowboy's ex-bassist or guitarist. One of the two, but I can't remember his name. Guy is a complete asshole.

Addicted2metal
07-16-2011, 08:48 PM
awesome people
Demon Hunter (got all them to sign my booklet)

30 Seconds to mars
I caught them on a bad day but they were cool enough to sign my booklet I gave it to my mom as a birthday present. this was without VIP)

As I lay Dying
I got to meet 3 of the members all were really cool people.

the Birthday Massacre
I never really heard anything by them before but they were awesome!!!
Chibi has to been one of the nicest musicians I ever met I got a pic with her and the 1st pic was horrible she said we could retake it and again it was terrible then Falconer came by took the camera and took the picture it came out much better. I stood there for 10 minutes talking to Chibi.

Brian Head Welch
I was volunteer staff for the concert and I got his autograph twice one was for a friend.

dicks

Killswitch engage
they wouldn't come out after the concert and made security tell people to piss off

Blessthefall
I hate this band and their fans with a passion
the guitarist was a total douch yelling for people to buy their CD and came by me and started yelling. I said to his face "Its not even worth it" it was 2 Cds for $5

there are a few more but I am to damn lazy.

LAXdef16
07-18-2011, 03:04 PM
Cool
Winds of Plague - all
August Burns Red - all
Enter Shikari - all

Butcher of Birth
07-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Cool As Hell:
Nicko McBrain
Chris Broderick
Shawn Drover
James LaMenzo
Karl Sanders
All of Blackguard
All of Cannibal Corpse
All of Sevendust
Ken Susi (Unearth, hate the band, but nice guy)
All of Turisas
Singer and Bassist of Sabaton

Not as Nice as They Could Have Been
Dave Mustaine
Bruce Dickinson
All of Trivium (maybe because I called out their drummer on being a poser for what he said to me*)
Ray Toro (he was rushed though)

*I met them at Mayhem Fest when they played before this time, and I was wearing my Somewhere Back in Time tour shirt for the Florida show. The drummer noticed it and said "Wow! I was at that show too! I'm such a huge fan and it was awesome to heard so many classics, but I do think it was lame not to play newer songs." Upon hearing this I snapped back with "Well if you really were a huge fan you would know they were only playing classics." That was that, also I have seen Corey Beaulieu at a few shows, and he is a major douche.

makethemsuffer12
07-22-2011, 05:53 PM
*I met them at Mayhem Fest when they played before this time, and I was wearing my Somewhere Back in Time tour shirt for the Florida show. The drummer noticed it and said "Wow! I was at that show too! I'm such a huge fan and it was awesome to heard so many classics, but I do think it was lame not to play newer songs." Upon hearing this I snapped back with "Well if you really were a huge fan you would know they were only playing classics." That was that, also I have seen Corey Beaulieu at a few shows, and he is a major douche.

No offense dude, but in that case I think you were being the dick, especially considering he was making conversation with you, which a lot of guys don't really do, especially in a meet-and-greet setup. Him saying what he did doesn't necessarily mean that he is a "poser" or didn't know the premise of the tour, he was saying how he wished that they did some newer stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see how Corey's a douche at all, he seems to be the chillest out of all of the guys (I met all of them in '09, they all seemed pretty nice). The only guy that I heard was a dick was Heafy, but he seems to have gotten over his cockiness in recent years.

Anyway, Devin Townsend has to be the nicest, most appreciative musician I've ever met. He genuinely thanks you for the support.

DethMaiden
07-22-2011, 05:56 PM
No offense dude, but in that case I think you were being the dick, especially considering he was making conversation with you, which a lot of guys don't really do, especially in a meet-and-greet setup. Him saying what he did doesn't necessarily mean that he is a "poser" or didn't know the premise of the tour, he was saying how he wished that they did some newer stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see how Corey's a douche at all, he seems to be the chillest out of all of the guys (I met all of them in '09, they all seemed pretty nice). The only guy that I heard was a dick was Heafy, but he seems to have gotten over his cockiness in recent years.

This. No interest in ever seeing/meeting Trivium, but he was reaching out to you and trying to start a conversation by saying he was also a fan of your favorite band, and you went all "Uh, actually..." like a tool. Nobody likes that guy.

christopher
07-22-2011, 06:06 PM
[U]

I would say that you would be a dick to meet. Most of the time, people don't really go out of their way to point out cool shit like that. He was basically telling you he was a fan of all of their material instead of just the older shit. How is the guy a poser if he likes the band more than you? Its people like you that make musicians not want to be cool to their fans.

street_burial
07-22-2011, 07:35 PM
cool:
Trivium
Skeletonwitch
Misery Index
Red
Volbeat
Municipal Waste
Tim Yeung (All That Remains, Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel, Vital Remains, Divine Heresy, World Under Blood)
Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian)
Soilwork

Dicks:
Jonny Davy (Job For A Cowboy)
Johnny Plague (Winds Of Plague)
Dave Linsk (Overkill)
Charlie Daniels (Charlie Daniels Band)
Jack White (The White Stripes)

i could go on and on but those were the prominent ones.

larvtard
07-22-2011, 07:37 PM
:lol::lol: Don't get between an Iron Maiden groupie and his favorite band.

Dextrimental
07-22-2011, 08:58 PM

Whats been said above. The guy wants a proper retrospective set from Maiden, featuring releases from every album and era. Is that so wrong?

I've met all of Trivium once, it was a signing at Graspop 2009, and there were too many people for them to see during their time, so once the singing was over, they had already actually hopped the table since the start of the signing so they could actually talk and shake hands with fans properly, they just walked to the side to the side of the signing tent and stayed there 'til every Trivium fan had gone, then went back to the backstage area.

I've met Matt and Paolo twice, and both were really nice. More than happy to take a photo and have a chat about anything, for Matt it was restaurants where they could get proper Irish food. Very cool guys!

Addicted2metal
07-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Another one to add

cool
john Cooper from Skillet (he sign my booklet twice when the 1st sharpie was not working.

Butcher of Birth
07-22-2011, 11:51 PM
No offense dude, but in that case I think you were being the dick, especially considering he was making conversation with you, which a lot of guys don't really do, especially in a meet-and-greet setup. Him saying what he did doesn't necessarily mean that he is a "poser" or didn't know the premise of the tour, he was saying how he wished that they did some newer stuff. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see how Corey's a douche at all, he seems to be the chillest out of all of the guys (I met all of them in '09, they all seemed pretty nice). The only guy that I heard was a dick was Heafy, but he seems to have gotten over his cockiness in recent years..

Well seeing how I don't like them to begin with, and met them at Ozzfest 2005 where they all acted 'yeah, you all know who we are, we are the best', and being from the Orlando area, Trivium are branded as the douches of the metal scene. They are that band everyone used to be friends with, and once they got big they stopped being the same people. Very shit-don't-stink band now.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say poser if you claim that you love a band, and when said band have been out on a year and half tour with the same "theme", including name, and you are disappointed not to hear newer material on a retro tour. It's not as bad as the "Play Classics" signs on the previous Maiden tour, but still.

And Corey is a douche for the way I see him treat woman and fans at local shows. He shows up drunk with girls all over him, goes to the bar and plays grab ass, and then after the show is out behind the venue acting like a child when people come up to ask for a photo.

Butcher of Birth
07-23-2011, 12:04 AM
Cool as Hell
Behemoth (After a show)
Blind Guardian
DevilDriver
Arch Enemy
Ankla
Powerglove
Kataklysm*

Not as Nice as They Could Have Been
Behemoth (Before a show) :lol:
Mohammed (Necrophagist)

*I met them on the tour with Dimmu Borgir the first time, awesome experience! It was the singer's son's first show! The second time, I was at Summer Slaughter when Kataklysm were on the bill, I had given my grandfather one of their booklets asking if he could to get it signed by one of them. After the show he showed me the booklet and it was signed, twice...

"So I'm talking to this blonde lady and her little kid outside the show. Really nice people, bought her coffee, then out of no where the singer of that band you like comes over, it's his wife! I tell him you are a fan and how you would love it for him to sign this booklet and all. He said 'I got to go up stairs and get ready, but if you say here I will be right back,' so I waited ten minutes with his wife and kid and he came back with your booklet!"

The booklet's center page is a photo of the band which they signed. First they did it in blue ink, but "decided to go over it in sharpie because it looks better," my grandfather claims he said.

Nick_to_the_face
07-23-2011, 12:07 AM
Well seeing how I don't like them to begin with, and met them at Ozzfest 2005 where they all acted 'yeah, you all know who we are, we are the best', and being from the Orlando area, Trivium are branded as the douches of the metal scene. They are that band everyone used to be friends with, and once they got big they stopped being the same people. Very shit-don't-stink band now.

And I'm gonna go ahead and say poser if you claim that you love a band, and when said band have been out on a year and half tour with the same "theme", including name, and you are disappointed not to hear newer material on a retro tour. It's not as bad as the "Play Classics" signs on the previous Maiden tour, but still.

And Corey is a douche for the way I see him treat woman and fans at local shows. He shows up drunk with girls all over him, goes to the bar and plays grab ass, and then after the show is out behind the venue acting like a child when people come up to ask for a photo.

You must be going to the wrong Trivium shows. And either way, you're acting all "you don't know specifics, you're not a real fan", that's pretty dickish

makethemsuffer12
07-23-2011, 12:13 AM

I don't know about that. A few years ago, yeah for sure, but I think people should give them a bit of a break there. They were young dudes, barely out of their teenage years in a band that was quickly rising in popularity. I think most people in that situation would be a little cocky. From watching various interviews throughout the years and even meeting them once, it seems that they've matured in recent years.

Butcher of Birth
07-23-2011, 12:14 AM
You must be going to the wrong Trivium shows. And either way, you're acting all "you don't know specifics, you're not a real fan", that's pretty dickish

They aren't Trivium shows, they are local shows in Orlando he goes to because he lives there, which is what makes his actions more asshole-ish. And while I may have come off dick-ish, they had already been assholes to me back in 2005, and the drummer was the last on the panel of the meet n greet, which was full of a "ugh-another-fan-thing-great" Trivium. So twice I'd meet them, twice they were horrid, so it was my own sweet victory against a band that had wronged me as a concert goer.

Plus it's the fact I went out of way each time to even see these people, so thinking I should be thankful for getting conversation out of someone seems wrong. I should feel grateful that I person I have approached at a fan meet up says words to me? :lol:

Butcher of Birth
07-23-2011, 12:15 AM
I don't know about that. A few years ago, yeah for sure, but I think people should give them a bit of a break there. They were young dudes, barely out of their teenage years in a band that was quickly rising in popularity. I think most people in that situation would be a little cocky. From watching various interviews throughout the years and even meeting them once, it seems that they've matured in recent years.

Well maybe when they get back on home soil they go back to being "we are too big for you now," because that's all I have ever seen from them.

Nick_to_the_face
07-23-2011, 12:29 AM
They aren't Trivium shows, they are local shows in Orlando he goes to because he lives there, which is what makes his actions more asshole-ish. And while I may have come off dick-ish, they had already been assholes to me back in 2005, and the drummer was the last on the panel of the meet n greet, which was full of a "ugh-another-fan-thing-great" Trivium. So twice I'd meet them, twice they were horrid, so it was my own sweet victory against a band that had wronged me as a concert goer.

Plus it's the fact I went out of way each time to even see these people, so thinking I should be thankful for getting conversation out of someone seems wrong. I should feel grateful that I person I have approached at a fan meet up says words to me? :lol:

I don't know, I've met them twice and they were nice..
Maybe they just don't like you??

illninoese
07-23-2011, 01:13 AM
Dicks
Bryon from God Forbid

Yeah, Byron was a complete doucher and I met him of 3 separate occasions. Same thing for Benji from Skindred. And Dave Mustaine.

masterguy49
07-23-2011, 01:37 AM
cool:

Johnny Plague (Winds Of Plague)

What!? He was one of the nicest people I've met :eyes:

ravenheart
07-23-2011, 04:42 AM
Chris Jericho is awesome :cool:

Butcher of Birth
07-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Chris Jericho is awesome :cool:

Hell yeah he is! Went to one of his book signings, and made comments on my friend's Randy Rhoads shirt. Guy is killer!

Butcher of Birth
07-23-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't know, I've met them twice and they were nice..
Maybe they just don't like you??

Or they don't like Florida, which we have all come to terms with here. ;)

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 12:26 PM
I met everyone from Fleshgod Apocalypse yesterday. They're all really cool guys. They all signed one of the shirts I bought. :D

And I got two photos, one with the guitarist/vocalist Tomasso Riccardi and the bassist Paolo Rossi, and the other with the drummer Francesco Paoli.

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Tommaso is really cool. I met him at Rock and Shock last year. I can add Devin Townsend and Red Fang to people that are cool list (especially Devin Townsend, such a fucking awesome dude.)

MPF
07-23-2011, 04:58 PM
I MUST add Devin Townsend and Ryan Van Poederooyen, as the two coolest people I have ever met in my life.

Dev being my hero. and RVP being a good internet/drummer friend of mine since before Synchestra came out. It was cool to finally be able to hang out with him for the first time back July 5th. Hopefully we'll be hanging out again either in Minnesota, or I'll be taking the drive to Chicago in October.

ravenheart
07-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Hell yeah he is! Went to one of his book signings, and made comments on my friend's Randy Rhoads shirt. Guy is killer!

Spent half an hour with him last weekend. The guy is a true metalhead. He really knows his shit.

metallicbrian666
07-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Byron was a complete doucher and I met him of 3 separate occasions. Same thing for Benji from Skindred. And Dave Mustaine.
When I met him at No Fear he was cool and signed my sweatshirt, but when I went to give him a fist bump before I walked away he gave me this weird look like "You're joking, right?" before he did it. You'd think I walked up and was like "Hello my homie, I was wondering if you would be down for showing a brother some love"

Butcher of Birth
07-23-2011, 08:37 PM
Spent half an hour with him last weekend. The guy is a true metalhead. He really knows his shit.

I read on his Twitter he was in London, took a photo outside a pub that claims to be the birthplace of Iron Maiden! His book is a fun read for a both a wrestling and metal fan. He said one of his favorite bands ever was Helloween, and that's why he named his "signature move" the "Wall of Jericho".

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/342093228.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1311479467&Signature=dREOF7sTJ43CKBALBF0%2B0BB8qi8%3D

moobys37
07-24-2011, 10:40 AM
Tobin Abasi is one cool guy. He was really appreciative of everyone and took time to talk to anyone that came up to him after they were done last night.

DethMaiden
07-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I read on his Twitter he was in London, took a photo outside a pub that claims to be the birthplace of Iron Maiden! His book is a fun read for a both a wrestling and metal fan. He said one of his favorite bands ever was Helloween, and that's why he named his "signature move" the "Wall of Jericho".

Say, I have a photo there. ;) The Cart-and-Horses in Stratford. Kind of a shitty pub, to be honest.

Epidemic Reign
07-25-2011, 07:00 AM
I can't recall ever meeting anyone in a band that came off as a dick. But here's the people off the top of my head that were the coolest/friendliest I've met in person:

Mikael Stanne (Dark Tranquillity)
George, Paul and Alex from Cannibal Corpse
Johann Hegg and Olavi Mikkonen (Amon Amarth)
Fernando Ribeiro (Moonspell)
Ben Falgoust (Goatwhore)
Chad Ginsburg and Jess Margera (CKY)
All the guys in Suffocation

Triggz
07-25-2011, 04:30 PM
^I think we went to the same Suffocation show.

EDIT: Derp on my part. We go to the same shows.

Epidemic Reign
07-25-2011, 10:54 PM
^I think we went to the same Suffocation show.

EDIT: Derp on my part. We go to the same shows.

Right on, man. I haven't been to many shows lately due to lack of finances. I'm hoping to be able to make the rest of the shows in my sig though (I missed Exhumed).

ravenheart
07-26-2011, 03:01 AM

Yep. The reason he did the 14-minute track on the last Fozzy album is because some of his favourite songs are things like Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keeper of The Seven Keys Part 2.

He's got some cool ideas for songs too. One of the songs that's going to be on the next Fozzy record has a really cool premise, in the subject matter sense.

Butcher of Birth
07-26-2011, 07:37 AM
Yep. The reason he did the 14-minute track on the last Fozzy album is because some of his favourite songs are things like Rime of the Ancient Mariner and Keeper of The Seven Keys Part 2.

He's got some cool ideas for songs too. One of the songs that's going to be on the next Fozzy record has a really cool premise, in the subject matter sense.

I really dig Fozzy. A lot of people I feel don't get past that he is a wrestler and what not, but the band as a whole is killer and he is a great frontman!

There is really nothing bad to say about Chris at all.

Triggz
07-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Right on, man. I haven't been to many shows lately due to lack of finances. I'm hoping to be able to make the rest of the shows in my sig though (I missed Exhumed).

For sure. Well I have yet to update my sig, but I'm going to all the ones you're going to as well. Well maybe not Grave/Pathology, but still.

I work for the ASU radio station, so if I ever have a spare "in" to a show that nobody I know is taking, I'll let ya know.

mankvill
07-26-2011, 12:48 PM
Anyone ever seeing Origin, Jason is super nice and ready to sign autographs and take pictures with you at their merch booth. He's awesome.

larvtard
07-26-2011, 01:51 PM
Anyone ever seeing Origin, Jason is super nice and ready to sign autographs and take pictures with you at their merch booth. He's awesome.

I don't ever take cameras to shows unless I'm deliberately taking photos, but I bought a shirt from him after their show and he was like "Oh hey," recognizing me :cool: Yup, that's my story of the day

But on the subject of autographs, I've always found them kinda stupid.

Epidemic Reign
07-27-2011, 02:26 AM
For sure. Well I have yet to update my sig, but I'm going to all the ones you're going to as well. Well maybe not Grave/Pathology, but still.

I work for the ASU radio station, so if I ever have a spare "in" to a show that nobody I know is taking, I'll let ya know.

Thanks man. We ought to meet up at a show sometime. You on facebook?

Epidemic Reign
07-27-2011, 02:29 AM
But on the subject of autographs, I've always found them kinda stupid.

I try to get some stuff autographed by bands that I'm really into. One time I accidentally traded a Children of Bodom cd into a record store, then several months later I remembered that the cd had been signed by the whole band. Oops!

Well hopefully I made someone's day anyway.

ravenheart
07-27-2011, 03:05 AM
I really dig Fozzy. A lot of people I feel don't get past that he is a wrestler and what not, but the band as a whole is killer and he is a great frontman!

There is really nothing bad to say about Chris at all.

I'll be sure to link you when the article goes live then ;)

Triggz
07-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Thanks man. We ought to meet up at a show sometime. You on facebook?

I are.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=558252619

Butcher of Birth
07-27-2011, 07:25 PM
I'll be sure to link you when the article goes live then ;)

Thanks mate!

Butcher of Birth
07-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Met Buck Dharma of Blue Öyster Cult backstage in their dressing room tonight after their show at the "Velvet Lounge" in the Hard Rock Hotel.

It just so happens that my girlfriend's dad is good friends with Buck and every time they come to Florida, they always meet up. They actually met up at the NAMM Show a few years back!

He was really nice, and talked a little about how Maiden and BOC used the same producer and what not. Totally crazy experience to say the least.

Killik_13
08-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Met Joey Tempest and John Norum from Europe, and Brian Tatler from Diamond head last year after a gig. Great guys, very down to earth and talkative, signed whatever we wanted. Also, a friend of mine met Henry Rollins and said he hung around for about an hour just chatting.

Nick_to_the_face
08-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Dudes from Intronaut are cool as hell :party:

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Met Joey Tempest and John Norum from Europe

Yeah, I hung with all five guys from Europe backstage last year and they were all great. Gave me beer, talked football, good fun.

Addicted2metal
08-08-2011, 12:49 AM
saw Landmine Marathon tonight show was brutal!!!

after the show I got to meet Grace Perry she was very nice I got her autograph and shook her hand.

brutal_descent
08-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I got her autograph and shook her hand.

Brad has competition ;)

Addicted2metal
08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Brad has competition ;) she put a heart in the autograph if that means anything ;)

slapguitarer
08-08-2011, 09:36 PM
John Gossard of Dispirit was pretty chill when I talked to him at Yob.

Mike Scheidt of Yob was really cool too.

DethMaiden
08-09-2011, 07:06 AM
she put a heart in the autograph if that means anything ;)

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Natrlhi
08-09-2011, 08:39 AM
YOU MOTHERFUCKER
http://www.inthehoopdesigns.com/x-cart/files/master/Fonts/Subway%203/U.jpghttp://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/949149b.jpg???

Addicted2metal
08-09-2011, 09:57 AM
YOU MOTHERFUCKER what all I did was say she was awesome asked for her autograph told her to come back to my town again, shook her hand and left :tongue:

Butcher of Birth
08-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Few photos of people and myself.

Karl Sanders is fucking awesome to meet.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v155/179/81/612163114/n612163114_453629_4777.jpg

I don't need to tell you who this is...
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/22645_238899283114_612163114_4249125_7447680_n.jpg

3 Inches of Blood discussing deep shit with me:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199663_10150156612353115_612163114_8152421_3090467 _n.jpg

Plays in Eluveitie:
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/197992_10150156612558115_612163114_8152425_6100303 _n.jpg

This next set was taken ALL at the Accept/Sabaton gig in Orlando.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207933_10150211589933115_612163114_8421259_3538550 _n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/208510_10150211586333115_612163114_8421214_2922815 _n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/208056_10150211584458115_612163114_8421171_5785589 _n.jpg

BloodoftheKings
08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
3 Inches of Blood discussing deep shit with me:
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199663_10150156612353115_612163114_8152421_3090467 _n.jpg

You look like Seth Rogen from that angle.

JRA
08-20-2011, 08:59 PM
YOU MOTHERFUCKER

Dude she had head sex with you, quit your bitching.

treghet
08-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Karl looks like such an enthusiastic guy.

Butcher of Birth
08-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Karl looks like such an enthusiastic guy.

He is a lot better when he isn't baking in the Florida sun.

makethemsuffer12
08-20-2011, 10:06 PM
Shit, Joakim refuses to take that armor off, eh? :lol:

Also, why would you take a pic with Corey? Weren't you hating on him not too long ago? Just wonderin'. :cool:

Butcher of Birth
08-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Shit, Joakim refuses to take that armor off, eh? :lol:

Also, why would you take a pic with Corey? Weren't you hating on him not too long ago? Just wonderin'. :cool:

Well it was right after he played, and he said he would be right outside, and sure enough he was. And yeah I rag on him for being a drunken prick, so I decided to get a photo with him for the sake of having it done. He was just stumbling around.

MetalIsArt
08-21-2011, 06:52 AM
Never met anyone from my favourite bands, always wanted to meet Tony Iommi, Aerosmith & 'Tallica. But I guess you shouldn't meet your icons.

But I heard Jimmy Page is one of the biggest dicks ever, why he never wants to sign anything and bluntly answers "no" is beyond me. I mean, what's wrong when someone asks nicely?

IrritatedTrout
08-21-2011, 06:10 PM
Met Alice Cooper last Friday, really nice guy.:cool:

MetalIsArt
08-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Met Alice Cooper last Friday, really nice guy.:cool:

He seems cool to me. :allan:

Has anyone ever met Lemmy or Mikkey Dee? Must be fun. :D

Triggz
08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
New nice people I've met since my last post....

-The Drummer and guitarist for Within the Ruins.

-Anthony from After The Burial. Very friendly and speaking with him one on one, he said he'd love to do an interview in October when they come back. Neato :D

LAXdef16
08-22-2011, 05:11 PM
All of the dudes from Fleshgod Apocalypse are all really cool and John from Dying Fetus was too. He let me take a picture with him even though you were supposed to buy a shot glass (I just told him I didn't drink).

dcmetal108
08-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Cool:

Adam D (Times Of Grace): Was walking into the venue for the TOG show and he was standing there outside his bus but was too nervous to go say hi but he ended up calling me out for my KSE shirt and waved and said hello.

Alexis Brown (Straight Line Stitch): they were one of the opening bands for SLS and after the show she stayed at her merch table and would sign anything and take a picture with everyone that wanted one. Asked for my name and got a picture and actually talked to her for a few minutes. Told her to have fun at Mayhem Fest and she told me I was actually the first one on this tour to bring up them being on Mayhem. Also asked for my name and upon leaving said goodbye remembering my name

Lead singer of War Of Ages: Nice guy and took a picture with me and got the entire band to sign a cd.

Bassist from I Declare War: nice guy and seemed happy to sign a cd that I bought from them

Katy Perry: walked past her merch table during Warped Tour 2008 and she saw me and told me to come up and greeted me. Shes insanely nice and very pretty lol

Travis Macoy (lead singer of Gym Class Heroes) : walked past him at warped 08 and he was nice and happy to talk

Shwayze : walked past them at warped 08 when they were doing a signing and told me and my friend to just come up and cut like 200 people and said hi and talked to us before security grabbed us and moved us

Adam from Oceano : extremely nice guy and more than happy to meet everyone and take pictures. stayed in the crowd the entire show and even after they played came back out

lead guitarist from Oceano: same thing as Adam. Nice guy and saw him walking around and got a picture and more than happy to meet me. Also he was walking outside HOB before summer slaughter and I called him out being the only person in line who knew him and he came over and said hi and thanked me.

Maria Brink (ITM): met her at all stars tour and signed a picture of her out to me and hugged me got a picture with her arm around me and her fist under my chin but she was overly nice. Thanked me for coming and asked me if I was having fun. Asked for my name and thanked me again giving me another hug. And after telling her it was a honor to meet her and that shes awsome she told me that I was awsome for taking the time to watch them and come and meet her. She was overly nice. Also when leaving she said goodbye remembering my name.

Iwresltedabearonce: Wow they were so happy to meet everyone. Took pictures and would sign anything and they were all so happy to see my IWABO shirt. It was their first shirt and is limited editon and they signed it, Also after telling them I listened to them before they were big they thanked me. Also talked to the guitarist for a long time and he was overly happy to talk and meet anyone. They also told me they have a fall tour being announced soon.

Powerglove: very nice guys and more than happy to meet anyone and sign anything.

Felshgod Aposolypse: Very happy to meet me and sign a cd.

I'm prolly leaving a few people out

brutal_descent
08-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Damian Abraham - nicest guy I've ever met. :)

GarageMetal468
08-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Don't think I remember posting in here, but here's who I met:

Met at MDF 2010:

Corpsegrinder - REALLY nice guy! Complimented me on my Demolition Hammer shirt and was excited to hear that me and my friends came from Chicago

Martin van Drunen - AWESOME

John (Incantation) + Jill McEntee (Both in Funerus) - Both really nice

Tony (Municipal Waste) - Awesome dude

Dan Lilker - A bit reserved but pretty cool

Away (drummer of Voivod) - cool guy

Everyone else:

Bill Robinson (Decrepit Birth)- Very nice guy

John and Sean (Dying Fetus) - Pretty cool guys

Chris Barnes - Pretty cool, didn't expect that really

Joel Grind - Really nice

Justine (Blackguard drummer) - She was drunk as hell but still really cool

Witchaven - All awesome guys

John Kevill and John Laux (Warbringer) - Both cool guys

Macabre - All awesome

Devin Townsend - Super nice

Christian Muenzer - Pretty quiet but still nice

Septic Flesh - Really cool, they were surprised as hell when I told them I was half Greek and half Turkish :lol

Sakis (Rotting Christ) - VERY nice guy

Bonded by Blood - Nice

Evile - Awesome

Cross Examination - Funny and cool guys

Jim (Nunslaughter drummer) - Awesome, said he'd try to sneak me in to their show back in July if I showed up because I was under 21, didn't go though haha

In a hurry so I'll add more next time I'm on here, I think this covers most of everyone though

The Colonel
08-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I can't believe when I originally posted in this thread, I failed to mention Scott Kelly of Neurosis. A few years back a friend of mine helped promote a solo show he did in Phoenix. The day of the show I accompanied him, along with our friend Zac, to pick up Scott from the airport. It was one of the best days of my life. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a total Neurosis fanboy. I was initially scared to meet any of them because they're so intense onstage, I just got in my head that they'd be kinda standoffish in person. Couldn't be further from the truth. Scott spent all day riding around in the fan with us running errands, telling us stories about how rad it was to tour with Pantera and Clutch and how miserable Ozzfest was. He was a seriously great dude. I've since had the pleasure of meeting Steve Von Till at the Sleep show in Portland and he was cool as hell too.

ravenheart
08-31-2011, 06:05 PM
After this evening, adding Jon Schaffer and Stu Block of Iced Earth to this discussion. Both awesome.

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/icedearth310811-2.jpg

MPF
08-31-2011, 06:11 PM
After this evening, adding Jon Schaffer and Stu Block of Iced Earth to this discussion. Both awesome.

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/icedearth310811-2.jpg

MUST HAVE INTERVIEW NAO!!!!!

ravenheart
08-31-2011, 06:27 PM
All in good time, youngling.

MPF
08-31-2011, 06:37 PM
All in good time, youngling.

Right on!

I met Jon back in November 2008. Hell of a nice guy. He let me in on the SPV bankruptcy a year a and a half before it happened, the main reason why the Something Wicked Boxset never came out.

Epidemic Reign
09-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Right on!

I met Jon back in November 2008. Hell of a nice guy. He let me in on the SPV bankruptcy a year a and a half before it happened, the main reason why the Something Wicked Boxset never came out.

...and here I was, still wondering what the hell ever happened with that.

MPF
09-01-2011, 01:48 AM
...and here I was, still wondering what the hell ever happened with that.

Yeah Jon Told me about it after the show. So I of course posted it online. and somehow the ProgPower message board got it (I don't have an account there, since I could never afford to go) and they were bad mouthing me calling me a liar and I'm full a shit, and just an asshole trying to start rumors.

Year and a half later, BOOM, "Wow that guy was right."

:finger:

:tongue:

ravenheart
09-01-2011, 02:31 AM
Erm, the Something Wicked box set? You mean Box of The Wicked, released last year?

MPF
09-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Erm, the Something Wicked box set? You mean Box of The Wicked, released last year?

NOPE! Similar though.

I mean the albums Framing Armageddon and The Glorious Burned being retracked by Barlow and a live DVD.

They kept the Live DVD part, but had to scrap the retracking with Barlow.

ravenheart
09-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that being talked about now. Always thought it was a horrible idea. Glad they didn't do it.

Jon rates Framing Armageddon above The Crucible of Man, so I can see why he'd want to do that.

Epidemic Reign
09-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Didn't Barlow actually track vocals for TGB before Ripper came into the fold? I'm pretty sure I remember reading that he did, and Jon scrapped them because he didn't like them.

MPF
09-01-2011, 03:25 AM
Oh yeah, I remember that being talked about now. Always thought it was a horrible idea. Glad they didn't do it.

Jon rates Framing Armageddon above The Crucible of Man, so I can see why he'd want to do that.

Well that is very understandable. The Crucible Of Man had 2-3 good songs on it. Framing Armageddon was fucking incredible.

I would have loved to hear Barlow sing The Glorious Burden since the album was written for his voice.

EDIT for post above*

The story is that Barlow wasn't feeling Iced Earth anymore and wanted to venture out to become a cop. His heart wasn't in the vocals, Both of them agreed on that. so that's why they were scrapped after Barlow's departure. Hence Ripper coming into the fold.

Barlow was in full force during The Crucible Of Man (despite the album) so hearing him on TGB, would have been great in my eyes.

ravenheart
09-01-2011, 05:12 AM
since the album was written for his voice.

Jon says that's not true. I asked him that regarding the songs on 'Dystopia'. He says he never writes for a voice, he writes songs how they need to be, and gets the singer to adapt to the songs.

MPF
09-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Jon says that's not true. I asked him that regarding the songs on 'Dystopia'. He says he never writes for a voice, he writes songs how they need to be, and gets the singer to adapt to the songs.

Interesting. So does that mean he re-wrote some of The Glorious Burden then?

That makes me interested in Dystopia. I wanna see how Stu Block fits in Jon's mind.

hellawaits77ny
09-07-2011, 02:12 AM
An update of dudes I've met:

Vald from Blood Red Throne - Quiet but very nice.

Tobias Cristiansson from Grave - Very nice guy.

Justice from Trapped Under Ice - Chill dude. Randomly stood next my buddies and I at NEMHF. Chatted for a few minutes.

The Colonel
09-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Oh yeah, definitely have to add Ola Lindgren from Grave. Had a few drinks with him at a dive bar in Baltimore after their set at MDF a few years back. Great dude!

RampinUp46
09-28-2011, 07:45 PM
Cool

Acrassicauda

Kurt and Spike from D.R.I.

If industrial rock counts, Sascha from KMFDM. On the note of former members, En Esch was rather nice too. Looked like he'd be a mean bastard, but turns out to be a rather cool guy.

Karl and Dallas from Nile.

Cannibal Corpse

Lightning Swords of Death

Jeff from Birth A.D. (or Wrath from Averse Sefira for the black metal fans).

Finntroll

Powerman 5000

In This Moment

Evil J (ex-Otep). Came off as a bit of a douchebag at first. He told me when I asked him if he was in Otep (multiple members from multiple bands were walking around that night, and I'm only a casual Otep fan, so I wanted to make sure) "Of course I'm in Otep, I've been here since day one!", but wound up complimenting the DRI patch on my jacket and talking to me for a while about hardcore punk before signing a poster and taking a picture with me.

Most of Otep's 2011 lineup, sans Otep (see below).

Martin Axenrot. Really good guy, took the time from when he was playing pool to sign my ticket and chat with me.

Marc Rizzo

Nachtmystium

Mike IX

Trivium

Most of Children of Bodom. Can't say for sure about Alexi and Janne, since I only got to tell Alexi I thought the show went well, and I didn't meet Janne.

Eluveitie

Dicks

Phil from Whitechapel

Otep Shamaya. I'm unsure about her (I may have caught her on a bad day, or she could be an asshole every day), but she was rude to me when I met her, so I'm listing her here. Some people say she's the coolest person you'll ever meet, others say she's pretentious, full of herself, and has an ego the size of China. Can anyone else help me out on this one?

EDIT: I met her at a later time, and she signed my ticket, something for a friend, and posed for a picture - surprising, since I'm a dude. Whether that was because she did the meet and greet thing only because she was opening for Cavalera Conspiracy, or because she had a bad day once, I don't know.

MPF
09-28-2011, 08:07 PM
I can add more to my list now:

Fucking Awesome:
Tom Englund Of Evergrey
Chris From Powerglove
Paul and Erik of Blackguard
Jamie of The Absence

brutal_descent
09-29-2011, 01:15 AM
Update:

Nice

Everyone from Devil Sold His Soul
Barney from Napalm Death

Could be Nicer

Schmier from Destruction

dcmetal108
09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
I can add more to my list now:

Fucking Awesome:
Tom Englund Of Evergrey
Chris From Powerglove
Paul and Erik of Blackguard
Jamie of The Absence

Yea when I met Powerglove their were insanely nice and would sign anything, talk to you, get a picture, or just shake your hand for 10 minutes.

Addicted2metal
09-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Dicks

Whitechapel. Their ex-drummer Kevin was pretty cool, but the other guys (especially Phil) were a bunch of cocksuckers.
what did they do?

ravenheart
09-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Add Ol Drake and Ben Carter from Evile to my list of cool people.

Ol's not much of a talker, but a nice guy. Ben's very cool.

RampinUp46
09-30-2011, 05:35 AM
what did they do?

Actually, I take that back. The other guys were fine, but Phil was an asshole.

...It was almost three fucking years ago and I was stoned off my ass, I'm not exactly going to remember every last detail.

daimonos
09-30-2011, 11:12 AM
Enslaved are probably the nicest band I've ever met, with Cato (the drummer) being hands down the nicest musician I've ever met. He talked to me about ten minutes straight about drums and different drum parts on songs. I can't wait to see these guys again in a couple days.

brutal_descent
09-30-2011, 01:37 PM
Met BTBAM + rhythm guitarist of AAL tonight. Everyone in BTBAM are hella cool, especially Dan and Blake. Paul could have maybe been a bit nicer, but eh, they were great to hang out with. Javier from AAL was pretty nice helping everyone else with the merch but I kind of fucked it up and didn't recognize him. :hecho:

Epidemic Reign
09-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Otep Shamaya. I'm unsure about her (I may have caught her on a bad day, or she could be an asshole every day), but she was rude to me when I met her, so I'm listing her here. Some people say she's the coolest person you'll ever meet, others say she's pretentious, full of herself, and has an ego the size of China. Can anyone else help me out on this one?

I've never met her or seen the band live, but a couple years ago they played a one-off all-day festival sponsored by our local hard rock radio station. Supposedly they had to beg her to come out on stage after the promoter didn't get her the brand of glass-bottled water she wanted.

Sounds like a bitch. ;)

Triggz
09-30-2011, 02:34 PM
New one to add to the dick list:

Michael Amott of Arch Enemy/Carcass. I did an interview with him yesterday afternoon, and he payed little attention to me. He picked up his guitar and played solos throughout the interview and wouldn't answer my question until he was done with a solo. And when he DID answer, they were very brief.

Very disappointing, since Carcass is one of my favorite bands.

RampinUp46
10-01-2011, 09:31 AM
I've never met her or seen the band live, but a couple years ago they played a one-off all-day festival sponsored by our local hard rock radio station. Supposedly they had to beg her to come out on stage after the promoter didn't get her the brand of glass-bottled water she wanted.

Sounds like a bitch. ;)

:lol:

idrinkwine732
10-01-2011, 09:40 AM
New one to add to the dick list:

Michael Amott of Arch Enemy/Carcass. I did an interview with him yesterday afternoon, and he payed little attention to me. He picked up his guitar and played solos throughout the interview and wouldn't answer my question until he was done with a solo. And when he DID answer, they were very brief.

Very disappointing, since Carcass is one of my favorite bands.

I've heard that from many people.

Butcher of Birth
10-01-2011, 09:56 AM
When I met Micheal he was very nice. We shared a cup of coffee before the Carcass show in St. Pete, FL. Signed my Rise of the Tyrant booklet as well.

Butcher of Birth
10-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Fabio Lione of Rhapsody/Kamelot was amazing to meet!

I went to the Kamelot show in Orlando (last day of the tour) and saw him walk into the restroom, so I waited at the other end of the bar for him to come back. As soon as he noticed my pen and booklets he said "OH! Autographs? Lets move into the light a little bit."

I told him how much of an influence he is for me as a singer and that he has one of the best voices in Metal. I went on to say that I found out about Rhapsody one week AFTER they played Orlando in 2005, and we both said at the same time "With Manowar." He told me he hopes to return soon and was happy to see a Rhapsody fan who didn't just have the new albums. Amazing guy! :rocker:

Akumu
10-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Adding the Leprous dudes, all of While Heaven Wept, Tom from Haken/To-Mera, and Elize Ryd of Kamelot/Amaranthe to the "awesome" list.

Fabio Lione of Rhapsody/Kamelot was amazing to meet!

I went to the Kamelot show in Orlando (last day of the tour) and saw him walk into the restroom, so I waited at the other end of the bar for him to come back. As soon as he noticed my pen and booklets he said "OH! Autographs? Lets move into the light a little bit."

I told him how much of an influence he is for me as a singer and that he has one of the best voices in Metal. I went on to say that I found out about Rhapsody one week AFTER they played Orlando in 2005, and we both said at the same time "With Manowar." He told me he hopes to return soon and was happy to see a Rhapsody fan who didn't just have the new albums. Amazing guy! :rocker:

And him, too! SUPER-nice guy. :lovedup: He really loves what he's doing. He chatted with us about Rhapsody, Christopher Lee, and how he's doing in Kamelot for quite a while after the Worcester show. One dude gave him a lot of Rhapsody booklets to sign and he autographed each one, asking, "Which one's your favorite?" I love that he's a total Kamelot fanboy, too. :lol:

Fates Guardian
10-01-2011, 09:34 PM
This is my first post here, so hello everybody.

The awesome:

King FUCKING Fowley, from Deceased. I met him this year at MDF, as he was carrying around a bag of his new (and excellent) album 'Surreal Overdose'. I was with my old friend Ryan Ganley, who has known King for years, and that made for an easy introduction. King's an extremely nice dude, and he's genuine. Everything he does is out of sincere love of metal and its fans. Plus, he complimented my Fates Warning shirt, so I knew he had to be all right. We've kept in touch ever since, usually via Facebook. How many people from great (and classic) bands routinely chat with their fans? King gets an A+.

Anders Nystrom from Katatonia. I met him the first time I saw Katatonia in 2006 (and the rest of the band too, but I talked to Anders mostly). I've been a very enthusiastic Katatonia fan for years, and I've collected a pretty sizable collection of their stuff. I brought a lot of it with me to that show, and he agreed to sign 'some stuff' and I started taking out stacks of liners notes and even their demo tape (which, incidentally, I had purchased from him on eBay years prior to this) from my various pockets, his eyes widened. He was truly honored that someone would invest so much in the music he and the other guys make, and he was very humble about it. And I was delighted to know that one of my favorite musicians of all time was such a levelheaded, unpretentious human being.

Bobbie Wright and Jack Hays from Brocas Helm. I saw them play at Thrash Against Cancer in San Fransisco in... 2005, I believe. My friends and I went absolutely fucking insane during their set, while everyone else in the audience were being lame, picking their asses and wondering, 'Who the hell's Brocas Helm?' Well, BH took notice of our madness, and we hung out with them for a while after they got done playing. We had driven up from Monterey to attend Thrash Against Cancer, and they seemed really surprised and honored by our enthusiasm for their music. They gave us some Brocas Helm poker chips, but sadly, they didn't have any shirts in our size. I was disappointed to see that they broke up this year, because they were true metal champions, and lamentably unheralded ones at that. Too bad we couldn't meet Jim Schumacher too.

Steveggs from Schnauzer and... well, lots of weird shit. At last year's MDF, we shared a hotel room with this guy, and he was hilarious. One night after the day's show was over, he vanished for a while, then turned up at the room hours later, having wandered around Baltimore and snorted coke with a homeless guy (yeah, he actually did that). He then regaled us with hilarious anecdotes and various bitchings about Jim Sadist (of Nunslaughter, Schnauzer, etc.).

Jim Sadist. I've met him a couple of times now, and each time he's been a really cool guy. I don't really know his music all that well (I can say that Nunslaughter kicks ass live), but he's definitely friendly and down-to-earth (although Steveggs says otherwise, haha).

George 'Corpsegrinder' Fisher. Another guy I met at MDF. I have to say upfront I don't listen to Cannibal Corpse. No particular reason why, I just don't. But he had to be one of the friendliest dudes I've ever met, musician or otherwise. Seriously, he acted like my friend and I were the celebrities and he was the fan. He shook our hands like 15 times each, and every time he initiated it. When he learned that we had traveled a ways to come to MDF he said, 'That's what I love about metal, people come from all over the world just to get together and support it and have fun.' And I said, 'Man, heavy metal is not just a kind of music; it's a way of life.' And he stopped, looked at me, and said, 'That's the best thing I've ever heard anyone say.' And then he shook my hand a bunch.

Slutti666 from Impaled Nazarene. He was completely wasted on alcohol and/or other things when we met him, and he was just outrageous. When my friend Frost (no, not that Frost) asked him what Finns things of Estonians, he exclaimed in drunken, broken English, 'Estonians... are our BROTHERS!' And when asked who else besides ImpNaz is the most important band from Finland, he looked disgusted/surprised, and said, 'We are the ONLY band from Finland!' And when we were getting our picture with him, we all started to throw up the horns, and he said, 'No! Middle finger! Show your HATE!' We had no choice but to obey.

Michael Lepond from Symphony X. No funny stories about him, just a quiet, friendly guy who was more than happy to hang out with a few fans, chat, and sign stuff.

Gene FUCKING Hoglan from Dark FUCKING Angel, Death, Strapping... -- wait, you should know who the fuck Gene Hoglan is. Met him at an SYL show in 2005. I was eating a hamburger and not paying attention during the opening bands when my friend nudged me and went, 'Dude, it's Gene Hoglan.' And sure enough, he was walking in our direction, just hanging out in the audience, and NOBODY FUCKING RECOGNIZED HIM except for us. (There was a lot of scenester '-core' kids there just to see the first few bands.) Anyway, he stopped and chatted with us for a couple of minutes, signed some stuff, left a good impression, and wandered off somewhere (backstage, I'm guessing).

Eli Santana and Alex Lee from Holy Grail. Also very nice and sociable guys, truly appreciative of their supporters. I ran into them again at ProgPower a few weeks ago, and they even recognized me.

Jesse Haff from Daylight Dies. I talk to him for a few minutes after DD's set opening for Katatonia. I had had some interaction with him online before that, buying shirts and whatnot, and he was just as cool in person as he seemed to be on the internet.

Orphaned Land, all of them. Humblest guys you could imagine. Don't know what else to say, they were just friendly and unassuming, and seemed honestly interested in talking to their fans.

Other nice musicians I've met briefly who were cool:

Hansi Kursch and Andre Olbrich from Blind Guardian, my favorite band.
Matt Harvey from Exhumed, Dekapitator, etc. I've actually met him two or three times, but never for very long.
Martin van Drunen from Asphyx, Hail of Bullets, and a few others. We ran into him walking back to our hotel at this year's MDF. He was pretty funny, trying to find a place to change out his currency for dollars, and I think he also said something about wanting to find some girls. (Memory's fuzzy; I was rather messed up at that point.)

And... I think that's about it. I've never met anyone who acted like a dick to me, I'm happy to say.

treghet
10-02-2011, 01:09 AM

The awesome:

King FUCKING Fowley, from Deceased. I met him this year at MDF, as he was carrying around a bag of his new (and excellent) album 'Surreal Overdose'. I was with my old friend Ryan Ganley, who has known King for years, and that made for an easy introduction. King's an extremely nice dude, and he's genuine. Everything he does is out of sincere love of metal and its fans. Plus, he complimented my Fates Warning shirt, so I knew he had to be all right. We've kept in touch ever since, usually via Facebook. How many people from great (and classic) bands routinely chat with their fans? King gets an A+.

Agreed 100%. King is the coolest guy I've met. He gave me his email and I've talked to him occasionally. Really cares about the music and the fans.

MPF
10-02-2011, 01:19 AM

The awesome:

Anders Nystrom from Katatonia. I met him the first time I saw Katatonia in 2006 (and the rest of the band too, but I talked to Anders mostly). I've been a very enthusiastic Katatonia fan for years, and I've collected a pretty sizable collection of their stuff. I brought a lot of it with me to that show, and he agreed to sign 'some stuff' and I started taking out stacks of liners notes and even their demo tape (which, incidentally, I had purchased from him on eBay years prior to this) from my various pockets, his eyes widened. He was truly honored that someone would invest so much in the music he and the other guys make, and he was very humble about it. And I was delighted to know that one of my favorite musicians of all time was such a levelheaded, unpretentious human being.

Bobbie Wright and Jack Hays from Brocas Helm. I saw them play at Thrash Against Cancer in San Fransisco in... 2005, I believe. My friends and I went absolutely fucking insane during their set, while everyone else in the audience were being lame, picking their asses and wondering, 'Who the hell's Brocas Helm?' Well, BH took notice of our madness, and we hung out with them for a while after they got done playing. We had driven up from Monterey to attend Thrash Against Cancer, and they seemed really surprised and honored by our enthusiasm for their music. They gave us some Brocas Helm poker chips, but sadly, they didn't have any shirts in our size. I was disappointed to see that they broke up this year, because they were true metal champions, and lamentably unheralded ones at that. Too bad we couldn't meet Jim Schumacher too.

Steveggs from Schnauzer and... well, lots of weird shit. At last year's MDF, we shared a hotel room with this guy, and he was hilarious. One night after the day's show was over, he vanished for a while, then turned up at the room hours later, having wandered around Baltimore and snorted coke with a homeless guy (yeah, he actually did that). He then regaled us with hilarious anecdotes and various bitchings about Jim Sadist (of Nunslaughter, Schnauzer, etc.).

Jim Sadist. I've met him a couple of times now, and each time he's been a really cool guy. I don't really know his music all that well (I can say that Nunslaughter kicks ass live), but he's definitely friendly and down-to-earth (although Steveggs says otherwise, haha).

George 'Corpsegrinder' Fisher. Another guy I met at MDF. I have to say upfront I don't listen to Cannibal Corpse. No particular reason why, I just don't. But he had to be one of the friendliest dudes I've ever met, musician or otherwise. Seriously, he acted like my friend and I were the celebrities and he was the fan. He shook our hands like 15 times each, and every time he initiated it. When he learned that we had traveled a ways to come to MDF he said, 'That's what I love about metal, people come from all over the world just to get together and support it and have fun.' And I said, 'Man, heavy metal is not just a kind of music; it's a way of life.' And he stopped, looked at me, and said, 'That's the best thing I've ever heard anyone say.' And then he shook my hand a bunch.

Slutti666 from Impaled Nazarene. He was completely wasted on alcohol and/or other things when we met him, and he was just outrageous. When my friend Frost (no, not that Frost) asked him what Finns things of Estonians, he exclaimed in drunken, broken English, 'Estonians... are our BROTHERS!' And when asked who else besides ImpNaz is the most important band from Finland, he looked disgusted/surprised, and said, 'We are the ONLY band from Finland!' And when we were getting our picture with him, we all started to throw up the horns, and he said, 'No! Middle finger! Show your HATE!' We had no choice but to obey.

Michael Lepond from Symphony X. No funny stories about him, just a quiet, friendly guy who was more than happy to hang out with a few fans, chat, and sign stuff.

Gene FUCKING Hoglan from Dark FUCKING Angel, Death, Strapping... -- wait, you should know who the fuck Gene Hoglan is. Met him at an SYL show in 2005. I was eating a hamburger and not paying attention during the opening bands when my friend nudged me and went, 'Dude, it's Gene Hoglan.' And sure enough, he was walking in our direction, just hanging out in the audience, and NOBODY FUCKING RECOGNIZED HIM except for us. (There was a lot of scenester '-core' kids there just to see the first few bands.) Anyway, he stopped and chatted with us for a couple of minutes, signed some stuff, left a good impression, and wandered off somewhere (backstage, I'm guessing).

Eli Santana and Alex Lee from Holy Grail. Also very nice and sociable guys, truly appreciative of their supporters. I ran into them again at ProgPower a few weeks ago, and they even recognized me.

Jesse Haff from Daylight Dies. I talk to him for a few minutes after DD's set opening for Katatonia. I had had some interaction with him online before that, buying shirts and whatnot, and he was just as cool in person as he seemed to be on the internet.

Orphaned Land, all of them. Humblest guys you could imagine. Don't know what else to say, they were just friendly and unassuming, and seemed honestly interested in talking to their fans.

Other nice musicians I've met briefly who were cool:

Hansi Kursch and Andre Olbrich from Blind Guardian, my favorite band.
Matt Harvey from Exhumed, Dekapitator, etc. I've actually met him two or three times, but never for very long.
Martin van Drunen from Asphyx, Hail of Bullets, and a few others. We ran into him walking back to our hotel at this year's MDF. He was pretty funny, trying to find a place to change out his currency for dollars, and I think he also said something about wanting to find some girls. (Memory's fuzzy; I was rather messed up at that point.)

And... I think that's about it. I've never met anyone who acted like a dick to me, I'm happy to say.

WELCOME!

You have met a ton of really cool people!

Addicted2metal
10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Five Finger Death Punch

Ivan was very nice he took my poster over to the bus and have Zoltan sign it.

Chris gave me a sharpie because mine was going low

Jeremy and Jason were walking around the venue they both autographed my poster.

some of the nicest people I've ever met.

GarageMetal468
10-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Met Robert Vigna and Ross Dolan from Immolation last weekend. They are SO nice! They were selling merch, saying hi to everyone, autographing, taking pictures, very, very cool guys! I remember meeting Steve Shalaty (drummer of Immolation) last year and he was very nice as well.

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 03:30 AM
Should be finding out what Russell Allen is like next week :D

MPF
10-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Nick and Brandon of Arsis- 2 of the coolest dudes in Metal!

ravenheart
10-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Nick and Brandon of Arsis- 2 of the coolest dudes in Metal!

If everyone people said were the "coolest dudes in metal" actually were, basically every musician playing today would be the coolest ;)

MPF
10-21-2011, 04:47 AM
If everyone people said were the "coolest dudes in metal" actually were, basically every musician playing today would be the coolest ;)

Touche'

But at least in my case. Only Devin Townsend and Ryan Van Poderooyen, Brandon & Nick from Arsis, Chris From Scale Summit, and Drew From Dredg are the only musicians that have not only been cool to me, but went out of their way to be cool to me. Not to say that I've met any dicks (Except for Every Time I die, who might have just had a shitty day when I saw them) or even anyone who didn't want to talk, but those guys have been the most genuine in person, to me, so far.

Epidemic Reign
10-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Dick Valentine of Electric Six - He didn't seem particularly interested in me, though I told him I thought he was the epitome of the mad genius. I assume he wasn't interested because he's probably used to being hailed a genius on a daily basis :D I wouldn't rate him as a dick just for that.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/320547_1846760747498_1795066573_1339102_832290189_ n.jpg

Here's a picture of Dick with my sister, Abigail, where he is actually smiling... I assume he just prefers petite blondes to fat, sweaty dudes (as do I).

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/317505_1845908886202_1795066573_1338729_729029994_ n.jpg

Johnny Na$hinal (Electric Six) - John Nash, the longtime guitarist and as of recent, producer, of Electric Six, is one of the most humble and awesome fellows I've ever met. He was clearly enjoying spending time with the fans.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297191_1846760987504_1795066573_1339108_693425514_ n.jpg

ravenheart
10-26-2011, 04:25 PM
Mike LePond from Symphony X. Very pleasant guy.

Maiden33
10-26-2011, 04:30 PM
Mike LePond from Symphony X. Very pleasant guy.

Yeah, really, really down to earth guy, I've met him a few times over the years at all kinds of stuff. Gonna most likely be hanging out with him when he's here to play with Seven Witches opening for Armored Saint on Dec. 2nd.

ravenheart
10-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Yeah, really, really down to earth guy, I've met him a few times over the years at all kinds of stuff. Gonna most likely be hanging out with him when he's here to play with Seven Witches opening for Armored Saint on Dec. 2nd.

You've been warned about stalking before ;)

Fates Guardian
10-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Met John Myung when I saw Dream Theater last week. Really nice guy, and quiet as his reputation has him. Just a humble, appreciative fellow.

IrritatedTrout
11-06-2011, 02:15 AM
I can easily say that Nicko McBrain is one of the most fun, entertaining, and nice people that I've ever met. He spent a ton of time interacting with the fans before, during, and after the drum clinic and he seemed very sincere and appreciative about people coming out to see him and supporting his music. I'll do a full write up as a gig report later.:D

treghet
11-06-2011, 02:20 AM
Talked to Ross from Immolation when I saw them a couple weeks ago. He was really nice and happy to meet everybody.

MPF
11-06-2011, 03:19 AM
The Ocean- All very cool guys!

TiradesOfTruth
02-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I never contributed to this thread so I thought better late then never.

Awesome:

Five Finger Death Punch- I met these guy's just as they started to get big and they were all really cool allowed me and my friends to take pictures with them. Though I am not a big fan of them anymore they were all pretty cool.

Shadows Fall- Met these guy's at Mayhem Fest and at the time I didn't realize but I bought a shirt from their merch tent and it was one of their guitar players so when I got in the line and met them i felt dumb I didn't recognize him. They were cool the line wasn't very long so they chatted with everyone and took pictures and signed whatever.

Machine Head- Very cool guys to talk to especially Robb he listens and will have an actual conversation with you. He was very appreciative that eevryone hing around to talk to them. Too bad my damn camera on my phone was broke or I would have a pretty sweet picture with them.

Psychostick- Met these guys after their set at a local fest and got my ticket signed by them. These guy's were some of the funniest guy's I have ever met all shaking our hands the drummer gave me a hug also congratulated us on becoming a green state.

Trevor Of TBDM- This guy is seriously the nicest most humble person I have ever met. I met him after a show back in October and had a 30 minute conversation with him that included anything from Weed to touring to Music in general.

I can't say I have met any dicks yet.

Fates Guardian
02-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Forgot to mention Lance King. He was running a merch booth at last year's ProgPower. Friendly guy, got a picture with him.

MPF
02-06-2012, 12:40 AM
Wow it's been a while since I've talked about some of the bands I've met since I saw The Ocean:

Cynic- one of the 3 best experiences of My life.

3- Same as above.

Last Chance To Reason- All really cool guys and new friends of mine.

Hannes Grossmann of Obscura- Very Humble and great to talk to.

Trivium- Very cool guys and talkative about anything. Really cool to see.

Kyng- Humble, down to earth guys.

Blood Ceremony- Very, very cool people. Had some great conversations with 3/4th of the band.

Crionics
02-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Landphil (Municipal Waste)- Really cool to talk with, gave me a bit of a heads up of some upcoming events in Richmond that had not been announced at that point.

John Kevill (Warbringer)- Extremely nice to talk to, took a picture with me 4 times until we finally got one that had some light.

dcmetal108
02-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Wow it's been a while since I've talked about some of the bands I've met since I saw The Ocean:

Cynic- one of the 3 best experiences of My life.

3- Same as above.

Last Chance To Reason- All really cool guys and new friends of mine.

Hannes Grossmann of Obscura- Very Humble and great to talk to.

Kyng- Humble, down to earth guys.

Blood Ceremony- Very, very cool people. Had some great conversations with 3/4th of the band.

I'd REALLY like to meet them.

ijwthstd
02-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Mike Watt is very easy to meet and approachable. If he gets to the venue early though he might sleep in the van til it's time to go on.

I try to respect people's personal space and time and never really try to meet anyone anymore except local or real low level touring acts who really need the support so don't have anything bad to say about anyone.

Except John Cale. In a signing line. Horrible signature and wouldn't look at anyone. If he didn't want to do it he shouldn't have done it.

I've seen Marky Ramone act like a dick, though not to me. And it was more of a private moment riding in a car with him so I guess he could be forgiven for not having his public face on. Richie is still my favorite drummer. And he's cool.

All the Megadeth guys were cool but this was in 1991 when Dave was consciously trying to rebuild the brand into something bigger and there was a lot of excitement about what they were doing.

Absolute coolest ever has to be Kim Deal.

MPF
02-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Abigail Williams- Once my interview is uploaded on youtube (I wish I could say when but I'm not the one uploading it, I'm just in it). I think it will show how these guys really are. Because they were just like this the the entire time we hung out.

When I say we hung out, I mean from this interview, to me being front row of the show, to having drinks in the bar after.

The video MIGHT be up tonight, or sometime this week.

GarageMetal468
02-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Some kinda recent ones:

Korpiklaani - All really cool guys. They were just chilling in the food place next to Reggies and they were more than happy to sign stuff people brought them.

Warrel Dane - VERY nice guy! Was more than happy to talk to people and sign my friend's copy of Refuge Denied. Actually, pretty much all of Sanctuary were really cool! One of the guitarists kept saying hi to me and the other people in my band if we walked by them, very nice guy.

Tomas Lindberg - Really cool. He was selling Lock Up merch and just straight up having conversations with everyone.

ravenheart
02-15-2012, 04:57 PM

So they're just complete dicks when on stage, then?

ravenheart
02-16-2012, 12:44 PM
Add Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes to the list of supremely cool motherfuckers.

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/richrobinson2012.jpg

ravenheart
02-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Two more awesome dudes: Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen. So cool, could have chatted for hours.

http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/wp-content/uploads/michaelkiske200212.jpg

Dextrimental
02-20-2012, 01:21 PM
So they're just complete dicks when on stage, then?

eh...?

ravenheart
02-20-2012, 01:55 PM
eh...?

Last time I saw them they were supporting Slayer. You'd think most bands would consider that an honour. Particularly young bands. But no, they decided to spend the whole set having a go at Slayer fans, telling them it's a Trivium show and they should get the fuck out if they don't like it.

I say "they", obviously Heafy was doing all the talking.

MPF
02-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Last time I saw them they were supporting Slayer. You'd think most bands would consider that an honour. Particularly young bands. But no, they decided to spend the whole set having a go at Slayer fans, telling them it's a Trivium show and they should get the fuck out if they don't like it.

I say "they", obviously Heafy was doing all the talking.

Trivium has went down in the Metal world. They are opening for Asking Alexandria for Christ sakes.

Put it this way, they are now humble.

hellawaits77ny
02-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Trivium has went down in the Metal world. They are opening for Asking Alexandria for Christ sakes.

This. Their new album sucking has buried them.

mastodon421
02-22-2012, 04:44 AM

Put it this way, they are now humble.

They have went down a little bit in popularity (they have never been popular in Massachusetts, their last headliner here apparently sold only 500 tickets in a 2,000 capacity venue), but as much as I hate to to say it Asking Alexandria is HUGE. Trivium would probably still be opening for them right now even if they had increased their peak popularity from when Shogun was released.

kalfitegrdan
02-22-2012, 04:52 AM
They have went down a little bit in popularity (they have never been popular in Massachusetts, their last headliner here apparently sold only 500 tickets in a 2,000 capacity venue), but as much as I hate to to say it Asking Alexandria is HUGE. Trivium would probably still be opening for them right now even if they had increased their peak popularity from when Shogun was released.

I think that they would have at least got co-headliner if they were at peak popularity.

MetalIsArt
02-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Mike Watt is very easy to meet and approachable. If he gets to the venue early though he might sleep in the van til it's time to go on.

I try to respect people's personal space and time and never really try to meet anyone anymore except local or real low level touring acts who really need the support so don't have anything bad to say about anyone.

Except John Cale. In a signing line. Horrible signature and wouldn't look at anyone. If he didn't want to do it he shouldn't have done it.

I've seen Marky Ramone act like a dick, though not to me. And it was more of a private moment riding in a car with him so I guess he could be forgiven for not having his public face on. Richie is still my favorite drummer. And he's cool.

All the Megadeth guys were cool but this was in 1991 when Dave was consciously trying to rebuild the brand into something bigger and there was a lot of excitement about what they were doing.

Absolute coolest ever has to be Kim Deal.

I'd still do that. ;) :lol:

ravenheart
04-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Mille Petrozza.

dcmetal108
04-19-2012, 07:16 PM
The guys from Skeletonwitch are extremely nice as is Black Dahlia Murder.

Christen
04-20-2012, 03:12 AM
I've never met anyone myself but a friend of mine met Lemmy and said he was completely awesome.

Could have met Exodus since they were singing autographs during Testament's set at Megadeth's Rust in Peace tour but I wanted to watch Testament.

TiradesOfTruth
04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
You can add the guys to Hour Of Penance to awesome they hung out after the TBDM show and talked to whoever about whatever extremely nice.

Karl Sanders- Really cool guy talked to him also he signed my Annihilation Of The Wicked and my brother had a busted up face that he got skateboarding and Karl told him to take of his face.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Vinnie Appice was super nice. So glad I got to meet a Metal Legend and the drummer on some of my all-time favorite albums.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

ravenheart
06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Eric Peterson. Bit distant at times, easily distracted, but very cool. I now have my six favourite Testament albums signed :D

MPF
06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Dax Riggs....well anyone who heard my interview can figure this one out.

Vogg from Decapitated: Soft spoken, but very cool guy.

Morgan Lander from Kittie: For as much as she gets hit on, she is a cool chick to everyone.

Triggz
06-12-2012, 03:56 PM
Since I haven't updated in a while,

Jamey Jasta and Matt Harvey are the two coolest ones I've met to date.

John The Drummer
06-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Didn't meet many people at MDF... but....

Lead dude from YOB: Didn't necessarily meet him, but he seemed like a cool dude the little I was around him.

Shatraug & Infection from Horna: Shatraug was a really cool dude, we shot the shit for a while about immigrants and just global politics and how fucked up they all are. Infection was a rad guy, but drank way too much and got a bit mouthy.

2 dudes from Demigod (didn't know names): They were really drunk and annoying.

Merch homie for Ghoul: RAD AS FUCK guy, he was cool to shoot the shit with.

I dunno the last post I made on here... so let's see what else I can think up...
Emilio Marquez of Possessed/Asesino/Sadistic Intent: Really cool guy, he was one of my biggest drumming influences when I started, so it was rad he didn't get all cocky when I mentioned that to him.

Mike from Gravehill: OMG, such a cool and nice guy. We chatted for a bit, he really dug my band, helped me find my missing Absu shirt. Really awesome dude.

....i'll think up more.

ravenheart
06-12-2012, 04:17 PM
she gets hit on

Really?! :eyes:

MPF
06-12-2012, 04:56 PM

I'm always wrong with you, so I can't tell if that's sarcasm or you don't find her attractive.

I will say this. When I did my interview with her, she wanted to do it outside since the green room was being used by the other bands. and when during the interview guys walking by were cat calling her and such and a friend of mine who I hadn't seen in about a year a half was there and was drooling over her. so as soon as I asked him politely to stand back while I do the interview, I made fun of him and the guys hitting on her and she laughed pretty hard.

Also she was wearing a Woods Of Ypres shirt. Any chick who actually knows and likes Woods Of Ypres, is bangable in my book, no questions asked *as long as she is actually a chick* :lol:

John The Drummer
06-12-2012, 05:02 PM

I'm sure she has a nice personality :tongue:

MPF
06-12-2012, 05:07 PM
Take away my sexiness from having the sun right in my face, but she really doesn't look good?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/538378_10151515579140459_1727545528_n.jpg

dcmetal108
06-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I'll say it :

She looks cute, like she would be able to carry on a normal metal conversation with. (and nice tits)

adamclark52
06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
In some pictures she looks good and in others not so much. Must be the lighting or the make-up.

Butcher of Birth
06-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Who is she?

ravenheart
07-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Tony Martin
Blaze Bayley

treghet
07-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Tony Martin
Blaze Bayley

So... are they nice or dicks?

RampinUp46
07-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Adam from Killswitch Engage. I met him at Summer Slaughter in San Antonio by the sound booth during Cannibal Corpse. After the show ended, his tour manager told him he needed to go, but he stayed around to talk to fans and people who recognized him, he posed in pictures, and he signed shit if the person had a marker on them (he signed a program for my friend and a guitar I'd been carrying around all day).

Rocco44
07-29-2012, 03:56 AM
Mike (YOB) - One of the most genuinely nice guys I've met. Talked to me for a good 15 minutes at the Scion show. Down to earth and appreciates awkward fans like me haha. After he finished the first YOB show I attended he got off stage and just started hugging people. I thought that was the coolest thing. Aaron and Travis are also good dudes. I was surprised at how eager Travis was to chat for quite a while.

At The Gates dudes - All of those guys were really friendly especially Tomas and Adrian. Hung out with them after one of their reunion shows and you could tell they were enjoying the ride as much as the fans were.

Russian Circles - All nice guys as well. Dave is probably the friendliest. They are always cool about signing my vinyl and chatting even though they packing up their gear.

Kerry King - Saw him at a COB show and he was really fun. I thought he might be a dick but he took time to take a bunch of pictures with people and meet everyone. Funny guy

Amon Amarth - Nice guys especially Johan.

Mikael Akerfeldt - Cool, funny guy all the times I've met him

Wino - Dude is a legend and a gentleman as well. He's always willing to sign my records and give me a few minutes to talk even though I'm a bit of an awkward fan. Love that guy.

Trivium - Were kind of dicks but then again it was one of those signings at a festival so I would probably be the same way.

As I Lay Dying - Grew out of their music a bit but all those guys are really good to their fans.

ravenheart
07-29-2012, 05:07 AM
So... are they nice or dicks?

Both awesome.

IrritatedTrout
07-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Met Don Anderson from Agalloch last night. Chatted briefly about Maiden and their current tour. He was really friendly and open to taking pictures with fans even though he had just finished performing like 5 minutes prior.

ShatteredFlame
07-29-2012, 09:28 AM
Agreed on Don Anderson, well I didn't meet him after the show but I was right in front of him the whole show and he actually opted to start conversations with me and others in front of him, which is cool since I'm very awkward at that. I even shared a bunch of fists bumps and hand shakes with him throughout the show.

John The Drummer
07-29-2012, 08:58 PM
Don is a really rad guy. I haven't personally met him, but he teaches at the University of Washington and a lot of my friends have taken his classes. I guess he likes to discuss black metal when there is nothing going on :lol:

slapguitarer
07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
What's he teach?

John The Drummer
07-29-2012, 09:17 PM
What's he teach?

I believe it was English... I could be wrong though.

EDIT: Just creeped his Facebook. He was an English Instructor at UW until 2011, now he teaches at a different college in Southern Washington.

ravenheart
07-30-2012, 03:11 AM
So Blaze is awesome.

Did an interview yesterday, which we only arranged on Friday with a quick chat after his set in Birmingham, he made sure he had time for it on Sunday, put me on the list in case I didn't have a ticket (I did), and just says "let's sit in the car, it'll be the quietest place". So we go outside and sit in his car. He let my buddy jump in the back and sit in on the chat, and spends a good half hour talking about whatever. Signs some CDs for me then we go back into the venue where he's got all of 15 minutes until he's on stage.