PDA

View Full Version : Black Label Society -- Kansas City, MO -- November 13th, 2010

300%_Density
11-14-2010, 02:00 AM
My timing couldn't have been better. Completely missed 2 Cents. After them making me actually hate Raining Blood a few years ago when I saw them cover it I'm perfectly ok w/ missing them.

Bodom was amazing as I knew they would be. Alexi has my eternal respect from his performance last year when he played w/ a broken shoulder. He was even more amazing when he has 2 good shoulders. Crowd didn't really get goin for them until doing Living Dead Beat. I do believe I need to see them finally do a headlining set as the support sets aren't quite enough for me. Set is the same. Only difference I've seen from some is Living Dead Beat was 3rd song this time instead of the 6th song. Other than that no other surprises:

Silent Night, Bodom Night
Hate Me!
Living Dead Beat
Angels Don't Kill
In Your Face
Blooddrunk
Downfall
Hate Crew Deathroll

If there is 1 band that has NEVER let me down it is Clutch. I don't think there's anything more I can say about them that I haven't said before. One of the hardest working and best live bands out there IMO. Crowd really got goin for Clutch. I don't know how many times I've seen them open w/ Gravel Road but damn if that is not probably the most fun way to start a Clutch set. Everything was fairly standard for the most part. I know they haven't done Immortal a whole lot, that's one I haven't seen too often. And getting to hear them do Power Player made the whole set for me. That's only the 2nd time I've heard them do that and it's been more than 2 years since I've heard them do it. Crowd really started turning into a bunch of fuckin tools as Clutch played. Really why the hell would people get into fights during Clutch? Oh I hate KC crowds sometimes. And 2nd time in a row getting Pure Rock Fury, it never gets old for me!!!! Setlist is correct and in order:

Gravel Road
Immortal
50,000 Unstoppable Watts
Struck Down
Mob Goes Wild
Big News I
Pure Rock Fury :rocker:
Power Player :rocker:
Electric Worry / One Eye Dollar

This is where the crowd just became a bit much for me. More bullshit fights, probably involving people getting into an arguement over who is the toughest fake biker in the crowd. Setlist is still the same as all tour. Zakk seemed pretty mad during What's In You as he was having guitar trouble and was relagated to only singing which was a little irritating as I wanted to hear his solo but oh well. I will say damn this was a loud show. Easily like top 5 loud for me. I will spare the commentary on his song selection, pretty sure we've all been through that before on here. I did really enjoy the new songs from the new album however. I know somebody on here made the comment that Zakk's voice sounded better since he got sober and I would def agree w/ that statement as well. He sounded better than he ever has. After Clutch it didn't seem quite the same w/ the song selection and the length of their set. I left feeling slightly disapointed, and I absolutely love BLS. The set seems a little "safe". Nevertheless their set:

The Beginning... At Last
Crazy Horse
What's in You
The Rose Petalled Garden
Funeral Bell
Overlord
Parade of the Dead
In This River
Fire It Up
Guitar Solo (I tried to time it but forgot to look when he was done but it's atleast a 9-10 minute solo)
Godspeed Hellbound
The Blessed Hellride
Suicide Messiah
Concrete Jungle
Stillborn

I still had a very enjoyable time. Sadly I've come to the conclusion that I think as highly of most BLS fans now, as I do Slipknot and Disturbed fans. Again I know not all are like that but the majority tonight were. I don't seem to run into this anywhere else but KC. Loved COB, of course Clutch and I still enjoyed alot of BLS.

mankvill
11-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Good review. I really want to see Clutch. :(

Derelict
11-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Awesome clutch set. Good call on the fake bikers in the crowd...i just dont get it

Nick_to_the_face
11-15-2010, 08:13 AM
I live in KC and I hate us all the time...but this was a really good show.
I got on the guest list so while me and my girlfriend and the others were waiting to go to the floor everyone outside was giving us dirty looks :D
I was up front the whole time during 2 Cents(I don't know why everybody hates them) and Bodom :fist: i got really into it during Bodom, was headbanging and screaming along the whole time, shame noone else was.
i ended leaving the front cause after that there were already people trying to fight their way to the front and i didn't want to deal with it.

My only complaint was I had to leave in the middle of BLS to go the bar cause my girl friend had a headache...which made me miss In This River :mad:

Derelict
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM
Everyone hates 2 cents cause they sound like early 2000s mallcore, and the singer talks about his dick and calls the crowd pussies they whole time.

300%_Density
11-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Everyone hates 2 cents cause they sound like early 2000s mallcore, and the singer talks about his dick and calls the crowd pussies they whole time.

THIS

Nick_to_the_face
11-15-2010, 05:09 PM

Mallcore? xD

Fires Of Sedition
11-16-2010, 12:10 AM
1) After them making me actually hate Raining Blood a few years ago when I saw them cover it I'm perfectly ok w/ missing them.

2) I do believe I need to see them finally do a headlining set as the support sets aren't quite enough for me.

3) Oh I hate KC crowds sometimes.

4) I don't seem to run into this anywhere else but KC.

1) This. Seeing them play Strength Beyond Strength just made me pissed off at the fact I'll never see Pantera.

2) This. They cut Bodom Beach Terror from the set for Tulsa for some reason, and it was the song I was most looking forward to. I NEED to see them play a headlining tour with Kissing The Shadows in the set.

3) This. I hate them all the time.

4) This. Never had any crowds worse than those in Kansas/Missouri.

Nick_to_the_face
11-16-2010, 10:18 AM
1)

If it makes any better, I live here and i hate us as well...not all of us, but i think half the shows i've seen would be even better had i been somewhere else

mankvill
11-16-2010, 12:17 PM
I love KC crowds.

It's the rednecks at the Lamb of God shows you gotta worry about. ;)

300%_Density
11-16-2010, 01:33 PM
1) This. Seeing them play Strength Beyond Strength just made me pissed off at the fact I'll never see Pantera.

2) This. They cut Bodom Beach Terror from the set for Tulsa for some reason, and it was the song I was most looking forward to. I NEED to see them play a headlining tour with Kissing The Shadows in the set.

Been to a ton of shows in the Tulsa area and I cannot think of 1 time where I had a show ruined or almost ruined or even to the point where I remember how bad a crowd was after the show was over. Obviously not all KC crowds are full of D bags but it seems alot of the bigger shows they seem to ruin it for me a little more.

Nick_to_the_face
11-17-2010, 06:25 AM
I love KC crowds.

It's the rednecks at the Lamb of God shows you gotta worry about. ;)

Why? Even I know that we suck, sometimes, most of the time...remember the people at Hammerlord?