PDA

View Full Version : BIG 4 USA tour 2011

Pages : [1] 2

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2010, 10:52 AM
EDIT on 12-04-10: The Big 4 will tour the US, UK & Europe in the summer of 2011. Announcement coming soon...

As everyone knows by now, Metallica is planning on doing some shows where they play the black album in it's entirety due to the 20th anniversary of the album.

I have a friend who works for AEG. He tells me that the band is looking at either a 1 time destination festival with the Big 4 for the summer of 2011 or doing 11 arena shows. This person told me that it is undecided which route they will take. I was told it depended on two things: 1. The availability of the other Big 4 bands during the summer of 2011 and 2. The amount of hard rock metal tours during this summer. We know Mayhem Festival will happen, but if CrueFest, Uproar, and Ozzfest all happen (not to mention possible tours from other acts such as Iron Maiden, other bands who are not bigger tours, etc), that may force them to go with a destination festival due to the bad economy and the overload of other hard rock/metal tours that could be happening.

Summer of 2011 The Big 4 in the US will happen. Its just a matter of how, where and when.

darkguardian50
11-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Meh, I'd much rather hear Justice, MOP or RTL in their entirity. I don't even own the Black album. This doesn't even really make sense. Next year is also 25 years for MOP which is their most beloved album and not to mention 25 is a bigger milestone. Why would they do the Black Album instead...

But yay for the Big 4. Next year is the 25th Anniversary of Peace Sells....hint hint.

IrritatedTrout
11-12-2010, 11:54 AM
Awesome, I really hope it'll be 11 shows instead of 1.

DisposableJustice
11-12-2010, 11:56 AM
While the black album is good I'd rather hear MOP because it is much more of a milestone in metal, and it is in my top 5 of favorite albums of all time; If they did MOP in full plus the other big 3 I would go anywhere if it didn't come to Denver, even if it is a one show thing; As said above it is also 25 for Peace Sells (and also 25 for Reign in Blood but they have done that enough) As much as I would love to see those albums in full I think just coming off doing RIP and Seasons Megadeth and Slayer I would think rather (and they should) focus more on Endgame and WPB....

I am hoping that they lean more toward the 11 show count (maybe a few more then that come to Denver PLEASE) I agree that the economy is bad and they would have to compete with a least a few other tours like Mayhem; but since it would be an historical moment in North America I doubt they would have problems selling out at least a basketball/hockey arena; hell if promoted right they could get big numbers at Stadiums. Either way I am very excited about this and can't wait for the news. Like I said even if this doesn't come to my neck of the woods I am more than willing to travel even on my budget

PlaysWithKnives
11-12-2010, 02:22 PM
The big 4 should do a full blown tour. Screw the economy. These crap festivals get worse and worse every year, and still get tons of people. Metallica and the rest wouldent have a problem. I'm pretty sure it would out sell those other shows. Hopefully Metallica does MOP in full for its 25th. They'll most likely do the Black album though. Its also Peace Sells 25th. You reading this Dave:D

makethemsuffer12
11-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Meh, I'd much rather hear Justice, MOP or RTL in their entirity. I don't even own the Black album. This doesn't even really make sense. Next year is also 25 years for MOP which is their most beloved album and not to mention 25 is a bigger milestone. Why would they do the Black Album instead...

The 20th anniversary of their biggest album? Yup no sense whatsoever.

xStructualDefect
11-12-2010, 02:50 PM
even though The Black Album is their biggest album, i would imagine a much bigger response from fans if they had played Master of Puppets in it's entirely.

makethemsuffer12
11-12-2010, 03:19 PM
even though The Black Album is their biggest album, i would imagine a much bigger response from fans if they had played Master of Puppets in it's entirely.

I agree, as MOP is my favorite album of all time. But I think it's more likely that they'll do the self-titled album because it made them superstars and they already did MOP's 20th. Now, if they did MOP and TBA back to back... :drool:

Also, as previously mentioned, 2011 is also the 25th for Peace Sells, as well as Reign In Blood. Too bad Anthrax didn't have anything out in '86, though ATL is pretty damn close. Oh well I'm not really expecting full albums from those guys anyway.

DethMaiden
11-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Ah, another WOLVERINEKILLS knows a guy who knows a guy thread with no dates. Thanks, buddy.

idrinkwine732
11-12-2010, 04:00 PM
They make it sound like people won't go to the big 4 tour if Mayhem, Ozzfest, etc are around.

They won't have any trouble at all selling if it happens.

xStructualDefect
11-12-2010, 04:01 PM
They make it sound like people won't go to the big 4 tour if Mayhem, Ozzfest, etc are around.

They won't have any trouble at all selling if it happens.

this.

Sepultura69
11-12-2010, 05:48 PM
As everyone knows by now, Metallica is planning on doing some shows where they play the black album in it's entirety due to the 20th anniversary of the album.

I have a friend who works for AEG. He tells me that the band is looking at either a 1 time destination festival with the Big 4 for the summer of 2011 or doing 11 arena shows. This person told me that it is undecided which route they will take. I was told it depended on two things: 1. The availability of the other Big 4 bands during the summer of 2011 and 2. The amount of hard rock metal tours during this summer. We know Mayhem Festival will happen, but if CrueFest, Uproar, and Ozzfest all happen (not to mention possible tours from other acts such as Iron Maiden, other bands who are not bigger tours, etc), that may force them to go with a destination festival due to the bad economy and the overload of other hard rock/metal tours that could be happening.

Summer of 2011 The Big 4 in the US will happen. Its just a matter of how, where and when.

So I was right about the black Album tour then... :cool:

I hate to break the news to you but if they do a full album tour it will be the "Black Album". Next year in 2011 will mark the 20th anniversary. Also Its the bands most "accessible" album out of all there albums from the early 80s-early 90s so they would most definitely want to play that. Also I think its just an easy way out for them since a good amount of songs on there set list already consist of Black Album tracks *Enter Sandman, Sad But True, The Unforgiven, Of Wolf and Man, Nothing Else Matters, Where Ever I May Roam* ect...

So its easier for them to quickly rehearse and practice for the concerts...

Take slayer for example. They went and did "Seasons" in its entirety...even though a good amount of songs on there setlist already consisted of too many SITA songs "War Ensemble, Expendable Youth, Dead Skin Mask, Seasons In The Abyss, Spirit in Black"...I think you get what I mean...

2nd off. I posted this a long ass time ago that the big 4 was coming to America. When I saw the jagiermiester tour with slayer/megadeth/anthrax dave mustaine announced that the big 4 was coming to america in 2011. I forgot who, but some douche on these boards kept denying it and saying I was wrong. Hope that fucker is eating out his own words :cool:

Plus why the fuck would Dave want to talk out of his ass and make a silly joke like that? ESPECIALLY SOMETHING AS BIG AND IMPORTANT AS THAT!! I remember when he announced it the whole venue was cheering on in joy.

But yeah like i said earlier, When dave announced it at the hollywood jagiermiester show, I dont get why anyone would think he was talking out of his ass and would fuck around with something as important as that.... Some of the people on this board are fuckin' dumbasses:cool:

ShatteredFlame
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
I'd like to see these bands but this full album shit needs to stop!

TonyD
11-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Next year is also 25 years for MOP which is their most beloved album and not to mention 25 is a bigger milestone. Why would they do the Black Album instead...

But yay for the Big 4. Next year is the 25th Anniversary of Peace Sells....hint hint.

They did MOP 4 years ago outside of the US.
Me and everybody else would be down with Peace Sells.
Ah, another WOLVERINEKILLS knows a guy who knows a guy thread with no dates. Thanks, buddy.

He's usually right...

Sanitarium78
11-12-2010, 06:33 PM
I seriously doubt that this tour will be a one stop destination show. No matter what Mayhemfest, Ozzfest or whatever other shitty fest is out there next summer will do, they will not put up a lineup that will top the big four playing together. The money a big four tour in the US will generate will be huge and the bands and their management are fools if they don't realize this. I'm sure for that reason alone they will all be able to clear their schedules:D

Fuck the whole "economy sucks right now" excuse. I've been to enough shows over the last few years to know that doesn't stop the people from coming out. You don't think fans are gonna do whatever possible to see a tour like this? Give me a fuckin break:tp:

JLRedWing13
11-12-2010, 10:17 PM
I highly doubt they would just play one show....they would sell out every show on the tour.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-12-2010, 11:03 PM
I agree it should be a tour and not a destination event. It should also be a all day event with 2 stages. 1 for other legendary thrash acts & 1 for other cool metal acts. Imagine this:

Thrash Stage:
Testament
Machine Head
Exodus
Overkill

Other Stage:
Mastodon
Down
The Sword
Gojira

Not saying that would happen, but if it did it would make a cool tour even more cool & give it some variety too. Put this tour in 15 football stadiums or Racetracks & everyone has a good time & all the bands will get exposure & make $.

idrinkwine732
11-13-2010, 12:01 AM
I seriously doubt that this tour will be a one stop destination show. No matter what Mayhemfest, Ozzfest or whatever other shitty fest is out there next summer will do, they will not put up a lineup that will top the big four playing together. The money a big four tour in the US will generate will be huge and the bands and their management are fools if they don't realize this. I'm sure for that reason alone they will all be able to clear their schedules:D

Fuck the whole "economy sucks right now" excuse. I've been to enough shows over the last few years to know that doesn't stop the people from coming out. You don't think fans are gonna do whatever possible to see a tour like this? Give me a fuckin break:tp:

Exactly. Ozzfest and Mayhem should fear this tour, not the other way around. No matter what, they will sell out every show, and will be very very very lucrative. Ozzfest and Mayhem would see a decrease in sales, not the big 4.

ravenheart
11-13-2010, 03:08 AM
I think it's pretty certain there will be a Big Four tour at some point. Members of all of the bands have said it's all being looked into, but I think it will happen on a large scale in 2012 due to availabilities etc.

So I can see them taking the festival option in 2011.

larvtard
11-13-2010, 07:54 AM
I agree it should be a tour and not a destination event. It should also be a all day event with 2 stages. 1 for other legendary thrash acts & 1 for other cool metal acts. Imagine this:

Thrash Stage:
Testament
Machine Head
Exodus
Overkill

Other Stage:
Mastodon
Down
The Sword
Gojira

Not saying that would happen, but if it did it would make a cool tour even more cool & give it some variety too. Put this tour in 15 football stadiums or Racetracks & everyone has a good time & all the bands will get exposure & make $.

I like that idea.

I don't see the logic in playing Black Album in its entirety. The show definitely won't sell out if they do that. I mean, most metalheads already bitch when they play anything from that album...

Indestructible
11-13-2010, 08:27 AM

Im not going to go in depth with my political views like I do on other threads, I just have to say that the economy sucks is not an ecuse, the economy does suck,you may be able to afford to go to shows but some others can't.

I do agree that the economy sucking wont stop the fans from going to this.

Indestructible
11-13-2010, 08:29 AM
I like that idea.

I don't see the logic in playing Black Album in its entirety. The show definitely won't sell out if they do that. I mean, most metalheads already bitch when they play anything from that album...

It's Metallica I think they can sell out regardless of the set.

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Something else to consider is that AEG puts on Ozzfest too. AEG doesn't have venues they own compared to Live Nation. Considering Live Nation is partnered with Mayhem Fest, Iron Maiden, Uproar, Cruefest, and that they now own ticketmaster & virtually every large amphitheater, stadium, and the Clear Channell radio market, etc, AEG would have to work with Live Nation for this tour to be as successful as possible. The tour would sell tickets but Live Nation would want the lion's share of the $ and the minute they figure out this tour will likely hurt their own summer tours they will demand even more $ or simply refuse to do business with AEG.

Whenever you look at what AEG owns (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anschutz_Entertainment_Group?wasRedirected=true) you can see that a destination event is the easiest and probably most financially secure option for them. If it was a tour Live Nation would leave AEG with little $ after all is said & done because Live Nation would make sure to take enough $ to make up for their losses their own metal tours would receive when trying to compete with the Big 4.

makethemsuffer12
11-13-2010, 08:56 AM

I'm sorry, but are you freakin' retarded? No offense or anything, but this is Metallica we're talking about. Considering a fairly big portion of the crowds they bring only know the singles from the self-titled album and that the hardcore fans (such as myself) would be there no matter what, there is absolutely no doubt that they'd sell out. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise.

AnthG
11-13-2010, 09:17 AM
As people have already mentioned, they played Master of Puppets in its entirety already in 2006. So doing that again would be just rehashing old ideas. Plus, while people are complaining about playing the Black Album, think about this: They're already going to play Enter Sandman, Nothing Else Matters, and Sad but true, potentially the worst songs on that album. So if they're going to play those songs anyways, they might as well play some of the best songs from that album like Holier than Thou, Unforgiven, Of Wolf and Man, etc. etc.

Plus, it doesn't matter what competition is out there or how bad the economy is, this tour wouldn't have any problem selling tickets. In fact, any tour with Metallica would sell out in a couple of days anyways. The majority of their Death magnetic 2nd leg US shows sold out within a day of going on sale before any support acts were announced.

Sanitarium78
11-13-2010, 12:36 PM

Thrash Stage:
Testament
Machine Head
Exodus
Overkill

Other Stage:
Mastodon
Down
The Sword
Gojira

I think you've gotten brainwashed by the amount of festivals there have been in the US over the last decade. This just isn't a good idea at all because it's just too much. It's The Big Four they don't need any other bands to play, I think it's just be those four and that's it. What more do you really need?

When this tour happens they need to focus on the quality of the bands not the quantity.

idrinkwine732
11-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Iron Maiden isn't touring the USA this summer.

larvtard
11-13-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm sorry, but are you freakin' retarded? No offense or anything, but this is Metallica we're talking about. Considering a fairly big portion of the crowds they bring only know the singles from the self-titled album and that the hardcore fans (such as myself) would be there no matter what, there is absolutely no doubt that they'd sell out. You'd have to be crazy to think otherwise.

None taken. It may still sell out, being that they're Metallica and all, but playing that album would definitely turn a bunch of people off.

Dextrimental
11-13-2010, 01:41 PM
Marlay Park, the big venue bands usually play in Ireland now, has been booked for five days in August and noone knows for what yet, so Im hoping against hope Metallica play there with the big four. The past decade they played at least every two years.

TonyD
11-13-2010, 02:50 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this thing is getting a little over hyped? Just about anyone who can call them self a metalhead has seen 3 of the 4 separately, and this tour/show is just gonna be a huge clusterfuck or way too expensive.

DethMaiden
11-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this thing is getting a little over hyped? Just about anyone who can call them self a metalhead has seen 3 of the 4 separately, and this tour/show is just gonna be a huge clusterfuck or way too expensive.

Yeah, seeing all of them except Metallica in one night last month makes this a little less necessary, and I'd probably rather see Metallica with some great smaller openers to keep the ticket price down.

Derelict
11-13-2010, 02:56 PM
What Brad and Tony said...I've already seen each of the 4 on their own, probably with longer sets, and the only song I'd like to see off the Black Album still is "Of Wolf and Man."

Skip.

makethemsuffer12
11-13-2010, 03:12 PM
None taken. It may still sell out, being that they're Metallica and all, but playing that album would definitely turn a bunch of people off.

The only people that would really be super turned-off by it would be the "Metallica sucked after Justice/they sold out/blah blah blah" people, who would make up a small minority of the crowd anyway.

Idk, I for one love the Black album, and the idea of seeing the Big Four in one show, so fuck y'all motherfuckers! :finger:

WOLVERINEKILLS
11-13-2010, 05:44 PM

I agree with you Tony. I saw Metallica on the DM tour twice and just the Jager tour last month.

They will need to add some other bands onto this tour and make it a festival if they want me to attend.

JudasPriest89
11-13-2010, 10:37 PM
FUCK THE BLACK ALBUM

BloodoftheKings
11-13-2010, 10:51 PM
FUCK THE BLACK ALBUM

:fist:

Sepultura69
11-13-2010, 11:15 PM

I have seen all 4 bands and chances are I'm going to pass on this one. I've seen Metallica 5 times. Slayer 4 times, Megatits 2 times and Anthrax once. The only way I would go to this tour is if Metallica plays Master of Puppets in its entirety or Kill Em All

Also Tony what do you mean by "the shows are going to be clusterfucked?"....You mean like its going to be in giant arenas and over packed and shit? Thats what I fear aswell :(
Alot of reviews I read for the big four tour had people saying that the shows where way too over-packed and people were all squished and bunched into each other. Not being really able to mosh either. :(

I want to be in an arena sized pit where I'll have plenty of free space....Packed and sold out...but not over packed where you cannot breath :cool:

I'll probably skip this tour :cool:

maidenpriest
11-14-2010, 12:14 AM
I would love to see this tour mainly because ive never seen Anthrax/Slayer/Megadeth. (had no money for American carnage :'( ) Plus the historical factor i guess is a draw. I am just scared to see ticket prices for this show.

Sanitarium78
11-14-2010, 12:01 PM
FUCK THE BLACK ALBUM

As someone who's a huge Metallica fan, who actually likes TBA except for NEM, I agree. I have zero interest in seeing this album performed live. Plus, with the album being 12 songs that doesn't leave much room for anything else in the set. That's another reason why playing MOP in full for the 25th anniversary is the better option. It's only 8 songs so there can still be a bit more variety in the set.

Sepultura69
11-14-2010, 12:13 PM
As someone who's a huge Metallica fan, who actually likes TBA except for NEM, I agree. I have zero interest in seeing this album performed live. Plus, with the album being 12 songs that doesn't leave much room for anything else in the set. That's another reason why playing MOP in full for the 25th anniversary is the better option. It's only 8 songs so there can still be a bit more variety in the set.

THAT.....And its just a far better album :cool:

The Big 4 should basically be this

Metallica -Master of Puppets

Slayer - Reign In Blood OR Hell Awaits

Megadeth - Peace Sells

Anthrax - meh i dont really care for them so W/e :cool:

AnthG
11-14-2010, 04:05 PM

It may only be 8 songs but it's only about 5 or 6 minutes shorter in total length.

And for those commenting on American Carnage, I think they understand that tour already took place, which is why this tour would only hit 10 or 11 cities, and probably markets that weren't touched by the American Carnage dates. Plus most of the Canadian Carnage dates only had Megadeth and Slayer with Machine Head and Suicide Silence as support.

Sanitarium78
11-14-2010, 05:01 PM
It may only be 8 songs but it's only about 5 or 6 minutes shorter in total length.

MOP - 54:45
TBA - 62:31

TBA is almost 8 mins longer but that's not what I was getting at with what I said. I made no mention of album length in terms of time, just how many songs are on each album. They can get more variety in the set by doing an album with 8 songs as opposed to one with 12.

Plus, they would be doing the better album and the album that I think will peak more people's interest when deciding weather to go or not. A Big Four tour would be a completely old school affair with an old school feel. Playing all of TBA doesn't fit into that at all but playing all of MOP damn sure does.

El Gordo
11-14-2010, 05:57 PM
I have no problem with Metallica playing The Black Album or Master Of Puppets but honestly, if they're going to play an album in it's entirety, make it Ride The Lightning. It's the best goddamn thrash album ever recorded. It sure as fuck beats the black album, and Puppets is nothing but a clone.

As far as actually going to this, I'd be interested as long as the ticket price wasn't absolutely ridiculous. I've never seen Anthrax, haven't seen Megadeth since 2003 I think, Slayer since 2005 or 2006, and I saw Metallica last year (and even though I thought Metallica totally sucked dick, I'd be willing to give them another chance, being a former fanboy and all).

MPF
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Does it really matter that much?

First of all we gotta know that this tour is for real, and second if Metallica doing all of The Black Album will happen if the tour happens.

And even if it does, so what? TBA is a great album and by all means their biggest album. Look at it on the brightside. That means Enter Sandman is getting knocked out early in the set and the only ballad will be Nothing Else Matters. If they play it smart, just have one song off Death Magnetic and fill the rest of the set with the songs from the first 4 albums and BAM! you got a badass set.

Dissimulate
11-14-2010, 07:33 PM
First of all we gotta know that this tour is for real
It is. Every one of the four bands has talked about doing it. It's too good an opportunity to pass up. It will happen sometime.

AnthG
11-14-2010, 08:20 PM
MOP - 54:45
TBA - 62:31

TBA is almost 8 mins longer but that's not what I was getting at with what I said. I made no mention of album length in terms of time, just how many songs are on each album. They can get more variety in the set by doing an album with 8 songs as opposed to one with 12.

Except when sets are planned for a band, especially on a tour with this many bands, and in venues (i'm assuming this tour would be in arenas) that have event curfews, they go by time, not by number of songs. So doing MOP in its entirety wouldn't save that much TIME. So they could throw in one more long song or two short songs if they played MOP in its entirety.

mankvill
11-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Songs from the Black album I'd like to hear:

Holier Than Thou
Through The Never
Of Wolf And Man

Songs from the Black album I like but don't care if I hear them:

Enter Sandman
The Unforgiven
Wherever I May Roam
Don't Tread On Me
Nothing Else Matters
My Friend Of Misery

Songs from the Black album I don't like and would go for a piss break during:

The God That Failed
The Struggle Within

One of Metallica's worst songs and should never be played again ever:

Sad But True

treghet
11-15-2010, 12:18 AM
One of Metallica's worst songs and should never be played again ever:

Sad But True

:lol:

Most of the time I don't really care for bands playing full albums on a tour. I get how it can attract a lot of people and all, but still, it's an unnecessary way to honor and older release. There are very few albums I could honestly say I'd love to hear every song live. It just takes up too much of the set, where some better songs could be put in. An example from my personal experiences would be when I saw Nine Inch Nails on the "NINJA" tour. At my show they played five songs from The Downward Spiral, which made it a very memorable experience. While I really love The Downward Spiral, I don't need to hear the whole thing in one set. I'd rather hear the best songs from it along with some of the best songs from other albums versus the whole album and only a few good songs from other albums. Five songs was more than enough to please me. :D

However, I believe there are occasional exceptions to this rule. One of them being Opeth's recent 20th Anniversary shows. They didn't go on a full tour playing Blackwater Park in its entirety, just a few special shows in selected cities around the globe. In a way, it gives a special feeling to anyone who attended, since the album was only played at a few shows, not an entire tour.

tl;dr - Bands shouldn't play full albums live because I said so.

Sepultura69
11-15-2010, 12:51 AM
The God That Failed

:eek:

That song is amazing. Probably one of a few songs that I would love to hear from the Black album. I love that bass in the beginning :rocker:

davidis138
11-15-2010, 02:09 AM
open air instead of an arena tour if its summer; that'd be the shit :allan:

Sanitarium78
11-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Except when sets are planned for a band, especially on a tour with this many bands, and in venues (i'm assuming this tour would be in arenas) that have event curfews, they go by time, not by number of songs. So doing MOP in its entirety wouldn't save that much TIME. So they could throw in one more long song or two short songs if they played MOP in its entirety.

But if time is so important than MOP is still the best option because it's shorter than TBA. I'm not so sure if Metallica cares about a curfew or not. As far as I know the local arena and amphitheater curfews are 11 pm and i've seen Metallica play passed that at both of these venues a few times now.

JLRedWing13
11-15-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm seeing Metallica and Megadeth every time they come around, so if this tour comes here....I'm there. The Black Album wouldn't be my first choice, but I'll take it.

Natrlhi
11-15-2010, 10:26 AM
open air instead of an arena tour if its summer; that'd be the shit :allan:

This is the only thing mentioned in this thread that I'm 100% on board with, or that I felt was really worth saying. All the rest of this discussion is basically just pure speculation, overly imaginative and utterly useless (pre-)whining and / or self-serving, opinionated bullshit. :lol:

I'd love to see these four bands play live together outdoors. Period.

I've seen each of them before, so the set list can be...whatever. I would obviously be in favor of more tour dates vs. fewer, because that would increase the chances I could actually make it and decrease the amount of travel time (and therefore expense) required. I'll be looking forward to some real info on this instead of rampant speculation / pipe dreams / chicken little scenarios / rhetoric about what so-and-so would do if he were the president of the universe / etc. :rolleyes:

DethMaiden
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Yikes, why? Sound is always worse outdoors, and it makes weather matter. Count me out.

xskizzelzx90x
11-15-2010, 11:05 AM
I mean, Id personally rather them do master of puppets all the way through. favorite song IS on that cd :D but nonetheless I cant say Id be mad with the black album. cmon, its METALLICA! fuck IT! hahahaha
Im gonna hope and PRAY for an actual tour, but honestly who knows anymore

Natrlhi
11-15-2010, 11:12 AM
Yikes, why? Sound is always worse outdoors, and it makes weather matter. Count me out.True, but it's just the idea of it. As long as the weather holds out, it's just a hell of a blast seeing a huge show like this outside - and let's face it...we all know how these songs sound loud as fuck and / or on a good stereo or through a decent pair of headphones, because we play them that way all the time, so who the hell cares if things are less than studio perfect at a live show? It's about trade-off's sometimes, and seing a show like this in the open air would be a turn-on for me...provided they play with energy and intensity (I saw Metallica at Blossom once, and it was actually kinda meh - but not because of the sound quality so much as the set list and mediocre energy level).

makethemsuffer12
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM

The God That Failed
The Struggle Within

Goddammit Manks.

DethMaiden
11-15-2010, 12:17 PM
The God That Failed is the only post-1988 Met song that would be in (or really anywhere near) my top ten, so fuck you manks.

Sepultura69
11-15-2010, 12:28 PM
I'll be looking forward to some real info on this instead of rampant speculation / pipe dreams / chicken little scenarios / rhetoric about what so-and-so would do if he were the president of the universe / etc. :rolleyes:

What the fuck are you talking about??

makethemsuffer12
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
The God That Failed is the only post-1988 Met song that would be in (or really anywhere near) my top ten, so fuck you manks.

The Struggle Within is underrated as fuck, too. Those two are probably my favorites off TBA.

Natrlhi
11-15-2010, 01:48 PM
What the fuck are you talking about??I thought my post was relatively self-explanatory, but let me respond with a bunch of examples (so no one can accuse me of making this shit up):

(pre-)whining
I'd like to see these bands but this full album shit needs to stop!

rampant speculation
We know Mayhem Festival will happen, but if CrueFest, Uproar, and Ozzfest all happen (not to mention possible tours from other acts such as Iron Maiden, other bands who are not bigger tours, etc), that may force them to go with a destination festival due to the bad economy and the overload of other hard rock/metal tours that could be happening.
...and really just this whole thread, particularly the bits about who should / will be playing full albums, what albums they will play if so, what the crowds will think of that, whether they will sell out shows or not based on what they play, the fact that certain bands would sell out all shows just because they're [whoever they are], the probable effects of the economy on ticket sales, etc. :blah:

pipe dreams
Thrash Stage:
Testament
Machine Head
Exodus
Overkill

Other Stage:
Mastodon
Down
The Sword
Gojira

chicken little scenarios
The show definitely won't sell out if they do that.

rhetoric about what so-and-so would do if he were the president of the universe
Bands shouldn't play full albums live because I said so.

http://www.clear-to-close.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/words-of-my-mouth.jpg
NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?

TL;DR - The Big Four sounds good to me. I'll wait until I hear some actual facts before I get worked up enough to celebrate and / or bitch.

Sepultura69
11-15-2010, 01:53 PM
I thought my post was relatively self-explanatory, but let me respond with a bunch of examples (so no one can accuse me of making this shit up):

(pre-)whining

rampant speculation

...and really just this whole thread, particularly the bits about who should / will be playing full albums, what albums they will play if so, what the crowds will think of that, whether they will sell out shows or not based on what they play, the fact that certain bands would sell out all shows just because they're [whoever they are], the probable effects of the economy on ticket sales, etc. :blah:

pipe dreams

chicken little scenarios

http://www.clear-to-close.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/words-of-my-mouth.jpg
NOW DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?

TL;DR - The Big Four sounds good to me. I'll wait until I hear some actual facts before I get worked up enough to celebrate and / or bitch.

Ah Now I get what ya mean
I hear ya loud and clear!

Natrlhi
11-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Ah Now I get what ya mean
I hear ya loud and clear!
:lol: Good - I'm glad. :D

EDIT: That picture of Chris Tucker fucking cracks me up every time.

davidis138
11-15-2010, 05:32 PM
This is the only thing mentioned in this thread that I'm 100% on board with, or that I felt was really worth saying. All the rest of this discussion is basically just pure speculation, overly imaginative and utterly useless (pre-)whining and / or self-serving, opinionated bullshit. :lol:

I'd love to see these four bands play live together outdoors. Period.

Thank you.

:eyes: so much complaining

True, but it's just the idea of it. As long as the weather holds out, it's just a hell of a blast seeing a huge show like this outside - and let's face it...we all know how these songs sound loud as fuck and / or on a good stereo or through a decent pair of headphones, because we play them that way all the time, so who the hell cares if things are less than studio perfect at a live show? It's about trade-off's sometimes, and seing a show like this in the open air would be a turn-on for me...provided they play with energy and intensity (I saw Metallica at Blossom once, and it was actually kinda meh - but not because of the sound quality so much as the set list and mediocre energy level).

Exactly. If certain bands (Slayer) put actual energy into their shows and just breathe intensity at an open-air then these big four shows would be amazing.
Thank you :allan:

Sepultura69
11-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you.

:eyes: so much complaining

Exactly. If certain bands (Slayer) put actual energy into their shows and just breathe intensity at an open-air then these big four shows would be amazing.
Thank you :allan:

Slayer is one of the best live bands around. I don't know what you are talking about.:cool:
They put plenty of energy into there shows. Just because they dont walk around and jump up and down like 12 year olds and ask the fans 1000 of times "HOWS EVERYONE DOING, I CANT HEAR YOU!!!! WE LOVE YOU CLEVAND/CHICAGO WHERE EVER THE FUCK YOU ARE FROM!" like ozzy or other bands like metallica... doesn't mean they dont put any energy. I always here people bitch about how slayer is boring because they stand around and do nothing, thats fucking ridiculous..:flame:

News FLASH...Metallica is good live but Lars can't play for shit anymore on the drums. He sucks now and has for a really long time!!! His double bass is pathetic as fuck.....:cool:
ALL HAIL DAVE LOMBARDO...:rocker:

BloodoftheKings
11-15-2010, 06:16 PM

The God That Failed
The Struggle Within

This.

Their is not one song on the black album I care about hearing at all.

treghet
11-15-2010, 06:59 PM

In my post I was speaking in terms of bands thinking through their sets more thoroughly instead of just going with the typical "play this whole album" thing that has become so popular recently. I wasn't saying bands should never play full albums because I am the ruler of setlists. The last line was simply meant to have humor.

Indestructible
11-15-2010, 07:26 PM
[B]News FLASH...Metallica is good live but Lars can't play for shit anymore on the drums. He sucks now and has for a really long time!!! His double bass is pathetic as fuck

I like lars drumming old and new. Lars drums really well on Death Magnetic.

daimonos
11-15-2010, 07:32 PM
I like lars drumming old and new. Lars drums really well on Death Magnetic.

The drumming on Death Magnetic is sloppy as hell. Just listen to Broken, Beat, & Scarred.

Indestructible
11-15-2010, 07:41 PM
The drumming on Death Magnetic is sloppy as hell. Just listen to Broken, Beat, & Scarred.

The drumming on Death Magnetic is one of the highlights of the album. The first time I listened to DM the drumming was what stood out for me.

DethMaiden
11-15-2010, 07:42 PM
The drumming on Death Magnetic is one of the highlights of the album.

If you consider the drumming a highlight you must fucking hate the album.

Indestructible
11-15-2010, 07:45 PM

No, I like everything on the album.

BloodoftheKings
11-15-2010, 07:47 PM
No, I like everything on the album.

Even the godawful production?

Indestructible
11-15-2010, 07:51 PM
Even the godawful production?

I find nothing wrong with the production.

Natrlhi
11-15-2010, 08:20 PM
In my post I was speaking in terms of bands thinking through their sets more thoroughly instead of just going with the typical "play this whole album" thing that has become so popular recently. I wasn't saying bands should never play full albums because I am the ruler of setlists. The last line was simply meant to have humor.

Yeah, I got that. Using your post as an example was pretty much as tongue in cheek for me as the original comment was coming from you. By that time in my post, I had made my point already, and I was just having fun at that point (as were you, I know). In fact, my entire post was pretty much meant to be light-hearted and to get other folks to realize that all of the super-serious speculation and arguing was really rather pointless. :D

treghet
11-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I got that. Using your post as an example was pretty much as tongue in cheek for me as the original comment was coming from you. By that time in my post, I had made my point already, and I was just having fun at that point (as were you, I know). In fact, my entire post was pretty much meant to be light-hearted and to get other folks to realize that all of the super-serious speculation and arguing was really rather pointless. :D

Ah. Yeah, I don't usually get in on the setlist wars (especially the Maiden ones). They can be pretty entertaining to read though. :D

idrinkwine732
11-15-2010, 08:41 PM

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/184.jpg

Hey man, fuck you

Natrlhi
11-15-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/184.jpg

Hey man, fuck you:lol: Not sure what you're getting at, but Bert looks like he's on acid in that pic. Pupils dilate much, buddy?

idrinkwine732
11-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Super serious arguing is Bert's thing.

Does Ernie need to get involved in this?

MPF
11-15-2010, 09:07 PM

You're not a drummer are you?

Of course the drumming stands out on this album. It's because everything pieced together in Pro Tools as good as it could for how sloppy Lars played.

Don't get me wrong, Lars was my first inspiration behind the drums when I started playing 14 years ago. But he has no excuse to be this sloppy. Gene Hoglan and Mike Portnoy are both around his age and completely kick his ass drumming wise. If Lars did that thing that helps progress of drumming...What's it called...? Oh yeah PRACTICE!!!! He could be so much better. It's not that he can't practice, he chooses not to.

But hey he's making more money then all of us here will every make combined, so who am I to bitch?

DethMaiden
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
You're not a drummer are you?

Of course the drumming stands out on this album. It's because everything pieced together in Pro Tools as good as it could for how sloppy Lars played.

Don't get me wrong, Lars was my first inspiration behind the drums when I started playing 14 years ago. But he has no excuse to be this sloppy. Gene Hoglan and Mike Portnoy are both around his age and completely kick his ass drumming wise. If Lars did that thing that helps progress of drumming...What's it called...? Oh yeah PRACTICE!!!! He could be so much better. It's not that he can't practice, he chooses not to.

But hey he's making more money then all of us here will every make combined, so who am I to bitch?

Nope, I'm not a drummer. Now tell me why it's relevant, because I must have missed it.

treghet
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Super serious arguing is Bert's thing.

Does Ernie need to get involved in this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InZNBcJTmWs

rjturtle9
11-15-2010, 09:34 PM

Video never gets old.

mankvill
11-15-2010, 09:56 PM

The band on that video is playing MDF. :lol:

Fires Of Sedition
11-16-2010, 12:25 AM
:lol: Not sure what you're getting at, but Bert looks like he's on acid in that pic. Pupils dilate much, buddy?

:lol: Exactly what I thought.

MPF
11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Nope, I'm not a drummer. Now tell me why it's relevant, because I must have missed it.

If you are a drummer you can easily hear all the mistakes and cut and paste work on the album. There's isn't one track on the album that doesn't feature both problems.

Cut and paste can work, like The Black Album for instance, but Death Magnetic proves that Lars needs to get his ass back into shape and be able to actually play a track he records.

DethMaiden
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Well, I'm a non-drummer who thinks the drumming on there sucks. I can't pick out the places where certain things are happening or explain what mistakes he's making, I just think it sucks.

Still a pretty great record in my opinion, despite the drumming and production.

BloodoftheKings
11-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I find nothing wrong with the production.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Metallica_My_Apocalypse_waveform.png

Really?

mankvill
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
When I first got Death Magnetic, I ddin't really think the production was that bad. I had listened to it only in the car and on my computer speakers.

Then I listened to it on my MP3 player.

:hecho:

Indestructible
11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b0/Metallica_My_Apocalypse_waveform.png

Really?

I don't know what that means.

larvtard
11-16-2010, 02:12 PM

me neither, but at least save face and don't admit it :lol:

Basically, the songs are recorded way too loudly. The drums are way too dominant in the mix and shit.

mankvill
11-16-2010, 02:18 PM
me neither, but at least save face and don't admit it :lol:

Basically, the songs are recorded way too loudly. The drums are way too dominant in the mix and shit.

Bottom two = Death Magnetic's original mix

Top two = Death Magnetic's mix after Rick Rubin

Sanitarium78
11-16-2010, 03:47 PM

Really?

Thanks. This graphic makes your whole arguement valid. That is, if I knew what the fuck it was supposed to be:D

The production on DM isn't great at all. If you want proof just listen on headphones to a song off TBA, their best produced album and then listen to a song off DM right after that. The song off DM is way too fuckin loud and you need to turn the volume down so you don't blow your eardrums out.

BloodoftheKings
11-16-2010, 04:04 PM

It's the waveform for a song on DM that shows that the mixing is way to loud. Here's a video to explain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gmex_4hreQ)

Dissimulate
11-16-2010, 08:19 PM
WALL OF SOUND, MAN!! At least the drum sound and mix is better than on St. Anger.

The_jman
11-16-2010, 08:34 PM
I think the black album is mixed way too low. Its quieter than all my other albums I can never get it to play as loud as everything else I own... its like that one and nevermind by nirvana, or badmotorfinger of soundgarden... was it an early 90's thing? cause I've heard earlier albums with louder mixing than those...

src
11-16-2010, 08:58 PM
This tour will happen if Metallica wants it,and it all depends on the bands being free at the same time, my friend works for Megadeth.:rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-04-2010, 07:13 PM
The announcement of The Big 4 touring the summer of 2011 in the US, UK & Europe is coming soon. Its a done deal.

mankvill
12-04-2010, 07:21 PM
The announcement of The Big 4 touring the summer of 2011 in the US, UK & Europe is coming soon. Its a done deal.

Dave Mustaine on Twitter:

DaveMustaine

Droogies, a huge announcement is coming for next summer in the States and in Europe and the U.K.

Northern_Shaman
12-04-2010, 07:22 PM

Fuck. Yes. Wonder what the order of bands will be... And set lengths... I'm mostly interested in Slayer and Metallica. Megadeth is a nice bonus. Thanks Wolv.

maidenpriest
12-04-2010, 07:56 PM
as much as i want to see this, im afraid to see ticket prices....paid 71 bucks for metallica alone back in 2008 for nosebleeds :(

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2010, 08:07 PM
Fuck. Yes. Wonder what the order of bands will be... And set lengths... I'm mostly interested in Slayer and Metallica. Megadeth is a nice bonus. Thanks Wolv.

It's most likely gonna look like this.

Metallica (90 mins)
Slayer (60 mins)
Megadeth (45-60 mins)
Anthrax (30-45 mins)

Northern_Shaman
12-04-2010, 08:09 PM
It's most likely gonna look like this.

Metallica (90 mins)
Slayer (60 mins)
Megadeth (45-60 mins)
Anthrax (30-45 mins)

I knew Metallica would headline it, for sure, but when I went to the Canadian carnage show, Megadeth played after Slayer so that weirded me out a bit. Hopefully the bands will be competing for best setlist! :fist:

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I knew Metallica would headline it, for sure, but when I went to the Canadian carnage show, Megadeth played after Slayer so that weirded me out a bit. Hopefully the bands will be competing for best setlist! :fist:

On American Carnage Slayer played last.

maidenpriest
12-04-2010, 10:14 PM
On American Carnage Slayer played last.

they rotated every night lol

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2010, 10:18 PM

I've never seen a set for that tour where Megadeth played last.

es156
12-04-2010, 10:18 PM

In Canada they rotated. In the States Slayer played last.

Northern_Shaman
12-04-2010, 10:43 PM
In Canada they rotated. In the States Slayer played last.

Correct! I remember now. Same set lengths for every city though, so I had no problem. I'm sure they could do something like this:

05:30 - Doors Open

06:00 - Anthrax Begins
06:45 - Anthrax Ends

07:05 - Megadeth Begins
08:05 - Megadeth Ends

08:25 - Slayer Begins
09:25 - Slayer Ends

09:50 - Metallica Begins
11:30 - Metallica Ends

Travis The Dragon
12-04-2010, 10:57 PM
With only 4 bands, I would think that Slayer and Megadeth would play for 90 minutes each and Metallica for 2 hours.

idrinkwine732
12-04-2010, 11:15 PM
I'll join MetClub for this...

Derelict
12-04-2010, 11:20 PM
With only 4 bands, I would think that Slayer and Megadeth would play for 90 minutes each and Metallica for 2 hours.

That's like a 7 hour concert with set changes - dont see that happening

DisposableJustice
12-04-2010, 11:26 PM

:rocker:

*giddy like a schoolgirl*:drool:

JLRedWing13
12-05-2010, 12:13 AM
I see Metallica getting 90, Slayer 60, Megadeth 45, Anthrax 30. Still think the middle two should be switched, but oh well.

I await the announcement.

DisposableJustice
12-05-2010, 12:45 AM
So if we assume a 90 min set time If Metallica does go ahead and play either MOP or the Black album in fill, that would take a big chunk out of it; however MOP would be a little less time (by almost 10 min)

So play MOP instead and have a little more room for some other stuff?

MPF
12-05-2010, 01:13 AM
Metallica 90min
Slayer/Megadeth- 60min/45 min *whoever will be main support with get 60*
Anthrax- 30min

I also heard rumors of a opening band, but I really hope that's not the case. Let's keep this one to just the Big 4.

Northern_Shaman
12-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Just curious; would you object to an opening band even if it was someone like Kreator or Sodom? I don't really care as long as long as Metallica play 90, and at least one of Slayer/Megadeth play 60.

mankvill
12-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Just curious; would you object to an opening band even if it was someone like Kreator or Sodom? I don't really care as long as long as Metallica play 90, and at least one of Slayer/Megadeth play 60.

I would rather see Sodom or Kreator than any of the Big 4 again, in any combination.

Sepultura69
12-05-2010, 08:44 AM
I really don't see why this "Wall" like tour that Metallica has got planned won't coincide with the big 4 tour? If you ask me this Metallica "Wall" gig that they got going on is the BIG 4. Slayer had there time to shine as "headliners" at the last tour with Deth and thrax' Now its metallicas turn. Why would metallica go on two seperate tours next year? I just can't see Metallica playing in America(more preferably California)twice in one year. I think the big 4 will just be anthrax slayer and megadeth playing a decent 45-60 minute set and Metallica Closing with some "album" like Masters or Black album which will include all the lighting and special effects that are the equivalent to a floyd show or someshit....but meh I'll stop with the jibber jabbers untill real news hits the web so it gives this thread more reasons to get flooded with more posts :cool:.

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2010, 08:56 AM
I really don't see why this "Wall" like tour that Metallica has got planned won't coincide with the big 4 tour? If you ask me this Metallica "Wall" gig that they got going on is the BIG 4. Slayer had there time to shine as "headliners" at the last tour with Deth and thrax' Now its metallicas turn. Why would metallica go on two seperate tours next year? I just can't see Metallica playing in America(more preferably California)twice in one year. I think the big 4 will just be anthrax slayer and megadeth playing a decent 45-60 minute set and Metallica Closing with some "album" like Masters or Black album which will include all the lighting and special effects that are the equivalent to a floyd show or someshit....but meh I'll stop with the jibber jabbers untill real news hits the web so it gives this thread more reasons to get flooded with more posts :cool:.

Maybe if they play MOP in it's entirety they'll have a huge display with all the coffins and the puppet master's hands at the top.

jaysadler2
12-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I reckon that the big four will do a festival tour that teams up with sonisphere, well we will find out tomorrow as the details of the other headliners will be tomorrow at 9am for sonisphere UK.

Fuck the economy countries, hope big 4 play a festival instead of an arena...would be so much better. anyone agree/disagree?

Think it would be a better atmosphere outside and also the promoters would make more money ;-)

DisposableJustice
12-05-2010, 09:35 AM
I reckon that the big four will do a festival tour that teams up with sonisphere, well we will find out tomorrow as the details of the other headliners will be tomorrow at 9am for sonisphere UK.

Fuck the economy countries, hope big 4 play a festival instead of an arena...would be so much better. anyone agree/disagree?

Think it would be a better atmosphere outside and also the promoters would make more money ;-)

I am hoping they do that in the US as well it would be more of an epic show it they did it outdoors

Sanitarium78
12-05-2010, 10:05 AM

If Metallica does do a show that is on the level of production that "The Wall", like is being reported there is no way there is one support act let alone three. This will be something different form the Big 4. The stage set up would be too complicated and having extra bands on the bill would make things even more hectic for the stage crews. If they do do somehting like that it's an 'evening with' Metallica.

Maybe if they play MOP in it's entirety they'll have a huge display with all the coffins and the puppet master's hands at the top.

That would be cool they can just expand on the stage set up they had for the MOP tour back in 1986 where they had the crosses from the album cover on either side of Lars.

makethemsuffer12
12-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I better leave some cash aside for when the dates are announced...

xskizzelzx90x
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

bt11763
12-05-2010, 11:50 AM
I better leave some cash aside for when the dates are announced...

ugh tell me about it :tp:

makethemsuffer12
12-05-2010, 12:24 PM
ugh tell me about it :tp:

But it'll be worth it. :D

JRA
12-05-2010, 12:29 PM
I would rather see Sodom or Kreator than any of the Big 4 again, in any combination.

Yea, Metallica and Kreator tour would fucking own.

ThrashManiac
12-05-2010, 12:31 PM

how about BIG 4..of german thrash. Kreator, Sodom,Destruction, Tankard. Much better :D

rjturtle9
12-05-2010, 02:33 PM
how about BIG 4..of german thrash. Kreator, Sodom,Destruction, Tankard. Much better :D

:rocker: Now that is a true thrash show!

Blackened12
12-05-2010, 03:09 PM
I could care less who plays and for how long they do as long as I get to be there when they do it:)

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-05-2010, 03:16 PM
FYI - One of my other sources is telling me it is not the Big 4 tour but something else... I'm hearing conflicting reports...

xskizzelzx90x
12-05-2010, 03:17 PM
FYI - One of my other sources is telling me it is not the Big 4 tour but something else... I'm hearing conflicting reports...

so this entire thing has been completely wrong? dude youve gotta be shitting me. cuz the band I care about the LEAST is fucking megadeth and I hope this isnt just a damn announcement about them :mad:

treghet
12-05-2010, 04:03 PM
so this entire thing has been completely wrong? dude youve gotta be shitting me. cuz the band I care about the LEAST is fucking megadeth and I hope this isnt just a damn announcement about them :mad:

Whoa man, don't jump to conclusions so fast.

TonyD
12-05-2010, 04:07 PM
If Metallica only does one tour of the US in 2011, it's gonna be the Black Album anniversary.

xskizzelzx90x
12-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Whoa man, don't jump to conclusions so fast.

only reason I said it is cuz mustaines the one that posted shit on his twitter...:mad:

makethemsuffer12
12-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Well a friend of mine in the Megadeth fan club said that Mustaine mentioned something about another summer tour with Slayer, doing a few Big Four shows, and other Megadeth tours in 2011. I really don't know what the hell is gonna happen, but I would really rather have a Big 4 tour or a Megadeth headlining run as opposed to just Slayer and 'Deth. That shit's played out.

Sepultura69
12-05-2010, 06:43 PM
but I would really rather have a Big 4 tour or a Megadeth headlining run as opposed to just Slayer and 'Deth. That shit's played out.

I Agree. They already came here twice together. They should either just go on there own separate headlining tours or join up once again and play new sets of albums......I'm thinking "Peace Sells....But Whos Buying" and "Hell Awaits" :rocker:

bt11763
12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I Agree. They already came here twice together. They should either just go on there own separate headlining tours or join up once again and play new sets of albums......I'm thinking "Peace Sells....But Whos Buying" and "Hell Awaits" :rocker:

eh, the whole entire album thing is dead and buried if you ask me.

makethemsuffer12
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM

For those two bands, at least.

And there is no way Slayer is ever going to play Hell Awaits in its entirety. They never play anything from it anymore aside from the title track.

Travis The Dragon
12-06-2010, 01:16 PM

Rush doing all of Moving Pictures.
Megadeth doing all of RIP
Slayer doing all of Seasons
Iron Maiden doing all of AMOLAD

All incredibly amazing! I hope we see more great albums done live in the future!

TonyD
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Just because it hasn't formally been mentioned, Mustaine said there were plans for a "Big tour" on Twitter, notice Big capitalized.

makethemsuffer12
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Rush doing all of Moving Pictures.
Megadeth doing all of RIP
Slayer doing all of Seasons
Iron Maiden doing all of AMOLAD
All incredibly amazing! I hope we see more great albums done live in the future!

heh

Crionics
12-06-2010, 02:48 PM

And there is no way Slayer is ever going to play Hell Awaits in its entirety. They never play anything from it anymore aside from the title track.

Well they pull out At Dawn They Sleep every once in awhile, but yeah pretty much unfortunately.

makethemsuffer12
12-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Well they pull out At Dawn They Sleep every once in awhile, but yeah pretty much unfortunately.

Really? I haven't noticed. The only other song from that album that's been played live in the last decade that I know of is Necrophiliac.

Travis The Dragon
12-07-2010, 06:37 PM
That's like a 7 hour concert with set changes - dont see that happening

It could be done because when they used to have Taste Of Chaos and Sounds Of The Underground, there were 15 bands and they started it at around 2PM and it went on all night. So for The Big 4, just start it earlier than usual so the bands can play longer.

Derelict
12-07-2010, 07:07 PM
I agree with you in concept Fonz, i just don't see these four bands doing that. I think too this draws an older crowd than the tour you mentioned, people that would have to ditch work, not school.

larvtard
12-07-2010, 07:15 PM
Really? I haven't noticed. The only other song from that album that's been played live in the last decade that I know of is Necrophiliac.

I know they played it in Japan in 2009. I remember the setlist being posted here and someone on here going "HOLY SHIT AT DAWN THEY FUCKING SLEEP"

DisposableJustice
12-07-2010, 07:18 PM

They need to play Kill Again if anything that is a badass song (So are Hell Awaits, Dawn and Necro)

Sanitarium78
12-07-2010, 07:21 PM
I agree with you in concept Fonz, i just don't see these four bands doing that. I think too this draws an older crowd than the tour you mentioned, people that would have to ditch work, not school.

Yes, the Big Four tour will draw an older crowd. I saw Megadeth on the first part of the RIP 20 tour with Testament and Exodus and the crowd ws manily made up of people in the 30-40ish age range.

There will be a good amount of kids to go to this tour but you'll see more of an older crowd for this tour than any other metal show you've been to.

larvtard
12-07-2010, 07:22 PM
They need to play Kill Again if anything that is a badass song (So are Hell Awaits, Dawn and Necro)

Yeah, and don't forget Crypts of Eternity.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-09-2010, 03:24 PM
My source who is saying the Big 4 tour will happen has yet to be wrong on any info given to me. Today he told he knows for a fact it is happening. With that said, I'll stick my neck out on the chopping block for his info. Save your $ if you wanna see the Big 4 in the US this summer!!!

Sepultura69
12-09-2010, 03:31 PM
My source who is saying the Big 4 tour will happen has yet to be wrong on any info given to me. Today he told he knows for a fact it is happening. With that said, I'll stick my neck out on the chopping block for his info. Save your $ if you wanna see the Big 4 in the US this summer!!!

If it's happening this summer(I bet it would kick off as early as the beginning of june) I would bet on it that Metallica will just do this "wall" performance at the big 4. Unless they end up going on that tour before the big four....
or after?..:eyes:

vampur76
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I hope they make the announcement any time soon

street_burial
12-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Dave Said in this interview that the big 4 tour is inevitable, he starts talking about it around 2:50: http://www.3news.co.nz/Megadeths-Dave-Mustaine---full-interview-/tabid/368/articleID/190363/Default.aspx

mankvill
12-13-2010, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL_n3F8JYQ

Big 4 doing Sonisphere in UK

DisposableJustice
12-13-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fL_n3F8JYQ

Big 4 doing Sonisphere in UK

Nice I assume that means the Big 4 will hit other UK/European markets they didn't go to last year

So it is looking more like it would be a fall tour in the US

EDIT: and thanks for that random video :P

mankvill
12-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Nice I assume that means the Big 4 will hit other UK/European markets they didn't go to last year

So it is looking more like it would be a fall tour in the US

EDIT: and thanks for that random video :P

LMFAO I meant to link to this:

http://uk.sonispherefestivals.com/

bt11763
12-13-2010, 01:13 PM
that gimme pizza video is one of the best internet videos ever. and if you watch the regular version after its like having a fucking seizure

makethemsuffer12
12-13-2010, 02:15 PM
that gimme pizza video is one of the best internet videos ever. and if you watch the regular version after its like having a fucking seizure

Agreed.

DisposableJustice
12-17-2010, 08:01 AM
The Big 4 just confirmed the very first Sonisphere in France

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=603522

TonyD
12-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Man Sonisphere almost always has good lineups, bring it across the pond.

DisposableJustice
12-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Man Sonisphere almost always has good lineups, bring it across the pond.

I've heard that Sonisphere has wanted to expand outside of Europe and the UK; I have been half expecting the Big 4 in North America to be a Sonisphere thing; I do think with how big it has gotten in 3 short years that they will start to expand into Asia, as well as North, Central and South America within 5 years; we'll see I agree 100% they have had great lineups since they began

TonyD
12-17-2010, 01:24 PM
It would totally work if they had the same stacked lineups and only did a few dates across the country. I would drive to LA for something like that.

Travis The Dragon
12-17-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd definitely consider traveling for something like that as well.

MPF
12-17-2010, 02:24 PM
I'd definitely consider traveling for something like that as well.

You might as well. I HIGHLY doubt this will be coming here. I can't picture The Target Center or the Excel Center being able to support this tour.

DisposableJustice
12-17-2010, 02:30 PM
You might as well. I HIGHLY doubt this will be coming here. I can't picture The Target Center or the Excel Center being able to support this tour.

Now come on you're forgetting about the Metrodome, I'm sure it could....

OH

WAIT

(jk, I know it would be fixed in time)

Anyway I too would travel to this; I would think Denver would be a good market to have this, if not Arizona or Texas.

Travis The Dragon
12-17-2010, 02:48 PM
The new TCF stadium would work.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
12-18-2010, 11:23 AM
My back yard would work!

MPF
12-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Now come on you're forgetting about the Metrodome, I'm sure it could....

OH

WAIT

(jk, I know it would be fixed in time)

Anyway I too would travel to this; I would think Denver would be a good market to have this, if not Arizona or Texas.

:party::party::party:

The Metrodome sucks for concerts. That was the first time I saw Metallica was back for the Summer Sanitarium tour with Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones *who didn't perform because Chino was too high* and Mudvayne. My ears rang for almost a month because of how shitty the sound system is there. Never again!

The new TCF stadium would work.

That's more of a U2 stadium. :tongue:

makethemsuffer12
12-21-2010, 05:44 PM
A friend of mine said that he heard from Willie G. (Dave Mustaine's guitar tech) that there will be around 12 Big Four shows in the states. No other info.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-21-2010, 05:46 PM
I had heard either one destination festival or about 10 or 12.

DisposableJustice
12-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I had heard either one destination festival or about 10 or 12.

I'm hoping 12; here is a guess (not in order of course)

1.New York/New Jersey
2. Chicago
3. Atlanta
4. South Florida
5. Texas (either Dallas or Houston)
6. Denver/Salt Lake/Kansas City/St. Louis :rocker:
7. Los Angeles
8. Bay Area
9. Western Canada/Northwest US
10. Montreal
11. Toronto
12. New England

Butcher of Birth
12-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Just do a full on tour and stop being bitches. If you are going to bring the "classic" tour out on the road, tour like it's the 1980's. Don't just cop out and do a dozen shows here and there. In a perfect metal world they would make it a Festival that would rival Mayhem and Ozzfest for a year and just call it "The Big Tour"; The Big Four, 10 other bands (i.e. Devildriver, Mastodon, Goatwhore, The Absence, Holy Grail, so on..) on a second stage, and play 28 or so dates.

Don't be pussies, don't let the hxc sl4y3r fans down.

imanidiot777
12-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Just do a full on tour and stop being bitches. If you are going to bring the "classic" tour out on the road, tour like it's the 1980's. Don't just cop out and do a dozen shows here and there. In a perfect metal world they would make it a Festival that would rival Mayhem and Ozzfest for a year and just call it "The Big Tour"; The Big Four, 10 other bands (i.e. Devildriver, Mastodon, Goatwhore, The Absence, Holy Grail, so on..) on a second stage, and play 28 or so dates.

Don't be pussies, don't let the hxc sl4y3r fans down.

This

Butcher of Birth
12-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Thanks man, but seriously. They are acting worse than Madonna in terms of shows.

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-24-2010, 06:04 AM
A Big 4 date will be announced in April. It will be for Los Angeles. Still not sure how many more there will be. It will be announced in April.

I did hear AEG will put this tour together in place of Ozzfest. This leads me to believe there will be at least six dates probably happening in mid to late August like Ozzfest last year. Looks like Ozzfest will officially R.I.P.

Northern_Shaman
12-24-2010, 06:16 AM
How cool would it be for another Ozzy/Metallica tour to take place...?

street_burial
12-24-2010, 06:23 AM
A Big 4 date will be announced in April. It will be for Los Angeles. Still not sure how many more there will be. It will be announced in April.

I did hear AEG will put this tour together in place of Ozzfest. This leads me to believe there will be at least six dates probably happening in mid to late August like Ozzfest last year. Looks like Ozzfest will officially R.I.P.

Im going to be furious if this turns out be just a west coast thing.

Northern_Shaman
12-24-2010, 06:46 AM

Same here. Unless that also includes a Vancouver date. Then I will attend and feel glorious & fulfilled.

daimonos
12-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Looks like Ozzfest will officially R.I.P.

:(

WOLVERINEKILLS
12-24-2010, 07:26 AM
That is what I am hearing

Sepultura69
12-24-2010, 08:23 AM

I bet the show is going to be at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. That's where those stupid raves and shit are held at because its so goddamn huge. Metallica sold that place out before back in 2000 with Linkin park, limp bizket and a bunch of other legendary acts for the Summer Sanitarium tour. I'm sure it will be easy as pie for them to do this with Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax

...and maybe 2-3 more bands as openers:confused:

gilpdawg
12-24-2010, 08:33 AM
I heard there's a hold date on Ohio Stadium (where the damn Buckeyes play) for a Big 4 show. Nothing official of course.

idrinkwine732
12-24-2010, 09:19 AM

We'd deserve it.

DisposableJustice
12-24-2010, 10:20 AM

We have to wait til April? GRRRR

Well if it is going to be a short 6 date thing I'm hoping for either Arizona or the Bay area if not Denver

El Gordo
12-24-2010, 12:21 PM
If this is a West Coast only thing, I'm shitting in a box and sending it to Ulrich... Or Mustaine... Or who ever's responsible.

BloodoftheKings
12-24-2010, 12:32 PM
If this is a West Coast only thing, I'm shitting in a box and sending it to Ulrich... Or Mustaine... Or who ever's responsible.

Ulrich ;)

Northern_Shaman
12-24-2010, 06:10 PM

I feel obliged to encourage this no matter where this ends up being held. Even if it's in your backyard.

Butcher of Birth
12-24-2010, 11:47 PM
I'd still rather see Megadeth and Anthrax. If the "Big Four" would to come to Florida I wouldn't bother staying for Slayer or Metallica. I have no want to see them.

mankvill
12-25-2010, 12:28 AM
I'd still rather see Megadeth and Anthrax. If the "Big Four" would to come to Florida I wouldn't bother staying for Slayer or Metallica. I have no want to see them.

Exact opposite for me, haha.

Sepultura69
12-25-2010, 07:19 AM

Cool Story Bro

makethemsuffer12
12-25-2010, 07:29 AM
If you actually pay for the Big 4 tickets and leave before Slayer and Metallica, you're a fucking moron.

AnthG
12-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Meh, for some people staying for the bands you don't like isn't any more use of the money you spent on the ticket then just leaving.

For me though, I can show up late and skip Anthrax (unless John Bush is back in the band for the 4567th time and they play "What Doesn't Die"), watch Megadeth, take a giant shit break during Slayer, than have my bowels and bladder completely empty so I don't have to miss any of Metallica's set.

IrritatedTrout
12-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I'd go and happily watch all 4 bands. :eyes:

Sepultura69
12-25-2010, 08:13 AM
If you actually pay for the Big 4 tickets and leave before Slayer and Metallica, you're a fucking moron.

This. All of this.

It's not so much that I have problem with someone leaving before Slayer and Metallica....I just I think its mildly retarded and a complete waste of money if you plan on shelling out 100-200 dollars(TRUST ME THESE TICKETS WILL NOT BE CHEAP) just to go see two bands that will play no more then a 45-50 minute set. If that's the case, just go see them at their own individual shows where tickets are a hell of a lot cheaper :cool:

makethemsuffer12
12-25-2010, 08:46 AM
This. All of this.

It's not so much that I have problem with someone leaving before Slayer and Metallica....I just I think its mildly retarded and a complete waste of money if you plan on shelling out 100-200 dollars(TRUST ME THESE TICKETS WILL NOT BE CHEAP) just to go see two bands that will play no more then a 45-50 minute set. If that's the case, just go see them at their own individual shows where tickets are a hell of a lot cheaper :cool:

Exactly, especially since Slayer and Metallica still put on great shows.

AnataFan4Life
12-25-2010, 09:07 AM

This

Butcher of Birth
12-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Cool Story Bro

Exactly, especially since Slayer and Metallica still put on great shows.

If you don't have actual proof of how much tickets will be you have no need say your opinion. So far "Big Four Tickets" are only $70, and that is only for floor as there is no seats to sell at a festival. There for... If $70 is pit I can easily infer that it will be around $45-50 for seats, if not less, making the trip for both Anthrax and Megadeth worth while.

Also, watching the "Big Four" in theatres was great.... then Slayer came on, sucked really really bad, I went for a piss, came back and slept, actually slept, till Metallica came on. The same riff for the past 25 years just doesn't do it for me... http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll290/ross_zombieslayer69/KerryKingRIFFZ.gif

But I respect that you like that kinda stuff, there is a clear divide between the 1st two and the last two bands. And Metallica is w/e, never wanted to see them, bought the albums when I was in the 4th grade, threw them out in the 7th for bigger and better things.

http://i47.tinypic.com/35inoxv.jpg

Butcher of Birth
12-25-2010, 09:14 AM

But you aren't a dick/fanboy so it's okay! See you in April! We might be heading to Naples instead of my house that night. I have a friend who has an empty Guest House near the beach.

IrritatedTrout
12-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Sounds cool, man. Just keep me updated.:)

vampur76
01-01-2011, 05:52 PM
any news about the big four?

Butcher of Birth
01-01-2011, 11:17 PM
any news about the big four?

Did the thread update? ;)

BlindGuardian93
01-04-2011, 10:42 AM
really hopping that they do the 11 dates plan and possibly hit philly or nj. also not that i dislike the black album but it is the big 4 of thrash they should play majority off of the first 4 albums and maybe throw in one or 2 off of the black album.

DisposableJustice
01-04-2011, 01:58 PM
really hopping that they do the 11 dates plan and possibly hit philly or nj. also not that i dislike the black album but it is the big 4 of thrash they should play majority off of the first 4 albums and maybe throw in one or 2 off of the black album.

This

plus I'm holding out hope that Metallica does Puppets in full for 25th birthday....I just turned 25 so do it LARS!

NickLed19
01-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Puppets all the way through would be amazing. I would kill to hear Damage Inc live. Got to hear Battery a couple of years ago when I saw them.

BlindGuardian93
01-04-2011, 03:43 PM
This

plus I'm holding out hope that Metallica does Puppets in full for 25th birthday....I just turned 25 so do it LARS!

I was just talking about this to my dad i would much rather see a 25th anniversary of arguably one of the best albums in metal history than the black album which is still good in its own right but it is the big 4 of THRASH

masterguy49
01-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Puppets all the way through would be amazing. I would kill to hear Damage Inc live. Got to hear Battery a couple of years ago when I saw them.

I saw them play it live when they came to South Florida in 2009. It's the shit live, possibly the best song of the night!

DisposableJustice
01-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Disposable Heroes is one my favorite songs of all time and just hearing that will make me jizz in my pants:eyes:

....so hearing the whole album means I have to bring a couple backups to the show:D

vampur76
01-04-2011, 08:47 PM
i hope they come to phoenix and play the kill'em all album in full is good thing too

detuned
01-20-2011, 04:52 PM
http://twitter.com/therealedtrunk/status/27788063329488897

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 05:10 PM
http://twitter.com/therealedtrunk/status/27788063329488897

That's exactly what it is.....just rumors. That's impossible if the rumors are true. Slayer and Megadeth are going on tour together in April/May. If a Big 4 tour were to happen in the U.S, it won't happen untill late in the summer :hecho:

Shadowswillfall414
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
If it was happening in april they would have already announced it. Damn u eddie trunk damn i :flame:

Sepultura69
01-20-2011, 05:30 PM
It looks like European Carnage runs from March 13 to April 14; April 14 appears to be the last day of European Carnage; after that, none of the bands have anything listed on their websites until July 8 for Sonisphere UK.

I could have swore they said the European Carnage goes all the way till May. Either way, IF there was to be a BIG 4 U.S tour....wouldn't they have announced any info by now?....we are damn near-nearing February now

they should have released some info by now.... :confused:

Shadowswillfall414
01-20-2011, 05:41 PM
I could have swore they said the European Carnage goes all the way till May. Either way, IF there was to be a BIG 4 U.S tour....wouldn't they have announced any info by now?....we are damn near-nearing February now

Agree :confused:

Sanitarium78
01-20-2011, 06:39 PM

Not exactly. If they tour does happen and it takes place in let's say, July and August they wouldn't announce anything until probably March. I know the tour would be a big deal but announcing anything now or next month is still a little too far ahead of time I think.

An announcement doesn't need to come 6 months in advance. It's not like this tour would have trouble selling tickets. Metal fans of all ages will by tickets and probably travel a decent way to see this.

Shadowswillfall414
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Not exactly. If they tour does happen and it takes place in let's say, July and August they wouldn't announce anything until probably March. I know the tour would be a big deal but announcing anything now or next month is still a little too far ahead of time I think.

An announcement doesn't need to come 6 months in advance. It's not like this tour would have trouble selling tickets. Metal fans of all ages will by tickets and probably travel a decent way to see this.

But it would help because i can then save up money.

Sanitarium78
01-20-2011, 06:53 PM
But it would help because i can then save up money.

True. What I try to do is always save a bit of money here and there that's specifically for concert tickets. That way if something like this comes up that you know will be a bit pricey, you'll at least have some money ready for it.

Shadowswillfall414
01-20-2011, 07:03 PM
True. What I try to do is always save a bit of money here and there that's specifically for concert tickets. That way if something like this comes up that you know will be a bit pricey, you'll at least have some money ready for it.

Good point. But this year im planning to go to mayhem fest but if the big 4 comes im going to that instead. I would like to know prices before i go with one or the other.

bt11763
01-20-2011, 11:29 PM
who the fuck is eddie trunk :eyes:

MPF
01-21-2011, 12:32 AM
who the fuck is eddie trunk :eyes:

You live in New York and you are asking that question? :eek:

He hosts That Metal Show, and has a radio show in NYC and on Sirius Radio.

NickLed19
01-21-2011, 01:00 AM
I thought he was joking.

Sanitarium78
01-21-2011, 07:56 AM

Damage Inc was awesome live when I saw them in 2009. I've seen them do Battery at least four out of the six times i've seen them. It used to be a set regular before they started rotating songs on the Madly In Anger tour.

Disposable Heroes is one my favorite songs of all time and just hearing that will make me jizz in my pants:eyes:

....so hearing the whole album means I have to bring a couple backups to the show:D

I've heard the song twice live and while it's great to hear it, no such thing happened in my pants. Now if i'm listening to Lacuna Coil, Epica or Within Temptation then there's a slight chance there will be something of that nature occuring:D

JLRedWing13
01-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Damage Inc. is amazing live. :horns:

Sepultura69
01-21-2011, 09:29 AM
I have heard just about every song off Master of Puppets live in Concert during the 5 times I saw Metallica. The only songs missing are Orion and Leper Messiah. Other then that, I have heard pretty much every song on that album live in concert :rocker:

bt11763
01-21-2011, 10:21 AM
You live in New York and you are asking that question? :eek:

He hosts That Metal Show, and has a radio show in NYC and on Sirius Radio.

oh i don't listen to the radio :lol:

makethemsuffer12
01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
oh i don't listen to the radio :lol:

You really didn't know who he was? ZOMG N00BZORS

Sepultura69
01-21-2011, 12:18 PM

We were talking about IF the tour were to take place in April/May. Not July/August. If the tour was to take place in the months of april/May they should have released info by now.:cool:

But i agree, since its taking place during the summer, we won't get any info untill the end of april or something :cool:

bt11763
01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
You really didn't know who he was? ZOMG N00BZORS

FALSE RADIO LISTENER

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Here are some more thoughts on the chances of the Big 4 tour for 2011

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/01/update-on-metallica-big-4-usa-tour.html

Sepultura69
01-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Here are some more thoughts on the chances of the Big 4 tour for 2011

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/01/update-on-metallica-big-4-usa-tour.html

Mark my words....When this tour comes to L.A., it will most definitely be at the Los Angeles Memorial Colosseum. That place is fucking huge, and I cant see something of this magnitude being at anywhere else. No hokie dokie mid sized arenas, amphitheaters NONE OF IT...Mark my words.

Plus, Metallica sold that place out before back in 03' when they went on tour with Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit :(

It should be easy as pie with those 3 other bands:cool:

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-21-2011, 02:33 PM
As much as I like Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax... no way can they put butts into seats like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit did back in 2003. Not even close. Just look at the American Carnage tour in Sept/Oct... a great show with great bands but alot of venues had ALOT of seats left. I hate to say it but it is the truth...

makethemsuffer12
01-21-2011, 02:37 PM
As much as I like Slayer, Megadeth, and Anthrax... no way can they put butts into seats like Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit did back in 2003. Not even close. Just look at the American Carnage tour in Sept/Oct... a great show with great bands but alot of venues had ALOT of seats left. I hate to say it but it is the truth...

True, though I'm positive that Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax could sell more than Limp Bizkit nowadays. Either way it doesn't matter because the fact that Metallica's playing almost guarantees a sold out crowd.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-21-2011, 02:40 PM
And in a weird coincidence, I just opened my email to find a message from my best source, the one who is never wrong - with an update on The Big 4. I will post it on my blog tomorrow. Same source who confirmed Distrubed, Godsmack, Megadeth, and Unearth on Mayhem Fest for me. :)

I guess this will be my shameless bit of self promotion. When I get home I will type up a article and post it. :rocker:

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-21-2011, 02:42 PM
True, though I'm positive that Slayer/Megadeth/Anthrax could sell more than Limp Bizkit nowadays. Either way it doesn't matter because the fact that Metallica's playing almost guarantees a sold out crowd.

True. Metallica usually guarantees a full house.

WOLVERINEKILLS
01-21-2011, 02:59 PM
And in a weird coincidence, I just opened my email to find a message from my best source, the one who is never wrong - with an update on The Big 4. I will post it on my blog tomorrow. Same source who confirmed Distrubed, Godsmack, Megadeth, and Unearth on Mayhem Fest for me. :)

I guess this will be my shameless bit of self promotion. When I get home I will type up a article and post it. :rocker:

I went ahead and added to the bottom of my big 4 post from earlier today. http://vdob.blogspot.com

Sepultura69
01-21-2011, 03:07 PM
At least we can all agree on one thing

Slayer will most likely deliver a shitty 13 song Setlist which will be plagued with WPB tunes:(

I hope they finally go on their own goddamn fucking tour after this. It's been 5 years since they went on their own headlining tour and gave the audience more then a 45-60 minute set:cool:

DisposableJustice
01-21-2011, 11:59 PM
At least we can all agree on one thing

Slayer will most likely deliver a shitty 13 song Setlist which will be plagued with WPB tunes:(

I hope they finally go on their own goddamn fucking tour after this. It's been 5 years since they went on their own headlining tour and gave the audience more then a 45-60 minute set:cool:

This 100%

also reading wolve's blog, I'd rather not have to travel seeing how it might be only 6 or shows but damn it I will do it

Sepultura69
01-22-2011, 03:42 AM
This 100%

The last time Slayer went on their own REAL headlining tour and played a 20 something set was in 2006 during the UNHOLY Alliance Tour with Mastadon and Children of Bodom as Opening acts.

2007, Slayer Opened up for Marylin "Transie" Mansion(I went to that tour and if I recall, Slayer shredded through a 15 song set...the first song being nothing more then a stupid interlude/filler....so there for...a 14 song set:hecho:)

Slayer did not Tour in America or any part of the U.S in 2008.

In 2009 They open up for Mansion....AGAIN....With an even worst Set(they only played 13 songs if I remember....still smashing good times)

The last two times have been with Megadeth. Opening or closing, it still doesn't change the fact that they are "Co-Headlining" and are playing for not more then an hour and ten minutes. Not to mention the last time i saw them, they gave an all out SHITT-performance...just terrible...:(

I have seen slayer 4 times and all four times I feel like I am just getting a sneak preview. I want to see them do a REAL headlining tour that covers their entire Catalogue :(

es156
01-22-2011, 11:28 AM

Megadeth on Mayhem?

:barf:

TonyD
01-22-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure Slayer went on a headlining tour after Unholy Alliance, I remember the closest it came to here was Sacramento.
Megadeth on Mayhem?

:barf:

Das wut am sayin. Bring back Gigantour!

JuuKun
01-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Unholy Alliance wasn't the last time Slayer headlined a tour in the States, they did a headlining tour in early 2007 with Unearth as support.

Sepultura69
01-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Unholy Alliance wasn't the last time Slayer headlined a tour in the States, they did a headlining tour in early 2007 with Unearth as support.

I don't remember that at all. I do remember that they went on tour with Marylin Mansion during the summer of 2007. But that's not even like a headlining tour. When I saw them with Mansion in 07' they only played a shitty 13-14 song set and one of those songs was just a stupid ass filler/interlude.:cool:

cradle_of_maiden
01-22-2011, 12:27 PM
If Ozzy (or should I say Sharnon) or the Mayhem fest organizers were smart, they'd have the Big 4 headline the mainstage of either of their festivals and kill 2 birds with one stone.

mankvill
01-22-2011, 12:30 PM
I don't remember that at all. I do remember that they went on tour with Marylin Mansion during the summer of 2007. But that's not even like a headlining tour. When I saw them with Mansion in 07' they only played a shitty 13-14 song set and one of those songs was just a stupid ass filler/interlude.:cool:

Slayer show in 2007 with Unearth was my first Slayer concert.

Intro: Darkness of Christ
Disciple
War Ensemble
Jihad
Die By The Sword
Show No Mercy
Captor of Sin
Cult
Bloodline
Mandatory Suicide
Seasons In The Abyss
Supremacist
Eyes of the Insane
Post-Mortem
Silent Scream
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
Encore:
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

Sepultura69
01-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Slayer show in 2007 with Unearth was my first Slayer concert.

Intro: Darkness of Christ
Disciple
War Ensemble
Jihad
Die By The Sword
Show No Mercy
Captor of Sin
Cult
Bloodline
Mandatory Suicide
Seasons In The Abyss
Supremacist
Eyes of the Insane
Post-Mortem
Silent Scream
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
Encore:
South of Heaven
Angel of Death

WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

That looks a hell of a lot better than the set I got in Irvine :(

I wish we got Supremest, Die By The Sword, Postmortem, Eyes of The Insane, Capitor of Sin, Cult :(

Then again....we did get PAYBACK :rocker:

but then again...compared to your show that's....well...nothing :(

mankvill
01-22-2011, 12:35 PM
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

:D

I remember people jumping down from the seats to the GA pit and going nuts. "Show No Mercy" and "Angel Of Death" were some of the sorest my neck has been, but going from "Post-Mortem" into "Silent Scream" was fucking amazing because my friends and I had been talking how we really wanted to hear "Silent Scream." :D

Travis The Dragon
01-22-2011, 02:45 PM
WOW! If only they still did sets that long!

Jochen
01-22-2011, 02:51 PM
The last time Slayer went on their own REAL headlining tour and played a 20 something set was in 2006 during the UNHOLY Alliance Tour with Mastadon and Children of Bodom as Opening acts.

2007, Slayer Opened up for Marylin "Transie" Mansion(I went to that tour and if I recall, Slayer shredded through a 15 song set...the first song being nothing more then a stupid interlude/filler....so there for...a 14 song set:hecho:)

Slayer did not Tour in America or any part of the U.S in 2008.

In 2009 They open up for Mansion....AGAIN....With an even worst Set(they only played 13 songs if I remember....still smashing good times)

The last two times have been with Megadeth. Opening or closing, it still doesn't change the fact that they are "Co-Headlining" and are playing for not more then an hour and ten minutes. Not to mention the last time i saw them, they gave an all out SHITT-performance...just terrible...:(

I have seen slayer 4 times and all four times I feel like I am just getting a sneak preview. I want to see them do a REAL headlining tour that covers their entire Catalogue :(

I totally agree, I've also seen them four times, on some of the same tours as you it looks like, and I'm tired of getting these short ass setlists. Also, during the Unholy Alliance, they only played 14 songs, at my show at least. This was the set...

South of Heaven
Silent Scream
War Ensemble
Blood Red
Cult
Disciple
Mandatory Suicide
Seasons in the Abyss
Chemical Warfare
Dead Skin Mask
Raining Blood
Hell Awaits
The Antichrist
Angel of Death

girnny777
01-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I was at Unholy Alliance, the 2007 tour, and the Manson tour.

Best setlist was, imo, Unholy Alliance. Yeah, it was short, but it had fucking Hell Awaits and Antichrist back to back.

AnthG
01-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I saw Slayer once in 2007, with Manson. I went for Manson, fuck Slayer.