The Blazing Monoliths of Defiance
Vredesbyrd :rocker:
--
The Serpentine Offering
Puritania :rocker:
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Mourning Palace :rocker: :shred:
Perfection or Vanity

Sorry I don't have the Dawn of Ashes set, but they were great live! Be sure to get there early enough to catch them. I'm always front row, but when I looked back while they were playing only half the people that will be there were there while they played. I hope to see them again!

Blood Red Throne (in my opinion) wasn't as good as Dawn of Ashes, but they were still cool to see. I got a set list of them, and later got it signed and a picture of me taken with the whole band so that added points to them :) Really cool guys to meet and talk to as well.

Enslaved had to cut down there set by two songs of what they've been playing. I'm not too worried about it though, and die hard Enslaved fans I wouldn't be pissed if you missed this tour. I asked the Enslaved members (as I was getting my pictures taken with them, and they're very nice guys) if they had planned on doing a full US headline tour and they said yes. Don't know dates or locations, but they said it'll be sometime (hopefull early) 2011 :party:

Dimmu Borgir was good live. I may have had higher expectations being the first time I've seen them, but don't get me wrong... well worth seeing. Only thing that I didn't like was "Spellbound". I didn't even know what they were playing until it was over, but that was the only let down as far as the show went. I got to meet Shagrath, but he got swarmed by people so I got my set list signed, and a picture and left him alone. I met Galder and Silenoz too, and pictures with both. I stood around and talk to Silenoz for several minutes, and he was probably the coolest member I talked to that night :)

daimonos
11-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I swear to god if Enslaved has to cut their set short tomorrow night I will personally hunt down the members of Dimmu Borgir and kick them all in the balls.

larvtard
11-11-2010, 04:45 PM
How was the turnout? The reason I ask is because the Masquerade apparently had a "buy one ticket-get one free" sale going on. Maybe they did not anticipate a large crowd.

daimonos
11-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Also, "Spellbound (By the Devil)" is the second best song in that set, so you fail :cool:

justinm4bama
11-11-2010, 05:24 PM
How was the turnout? The reason I ask is because the Masquerade apparently had a "buy one ticket-get one free" sale going on. Maybe they did not anticipate a large crowd.

The turnout wasn't that great. Maybe 250 and at most 300. I was up front during the whole show so that's my best guess. I think the main reason why they had the buy-one-get-one-free deal was because they haven't sold that many tickets. That went on the day before the show.

larvtard
11-11-2010, 05:29 PM
Eh, you've probably been to more metal shows in the ATL than me, but from my experience, 250 people on a weeknight is deserving of champagne or something.

justinm4bama
11-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Eh, you've probably been to more metal shows in the ATL than me, but from my experience, 250 people on a weeknight is deserving of champagne or something.

Haha I've been to several that are like that at the Masquerade. I bet you when we see Watain it'll be maybe 50 - 100 people.

larvtard
11-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Haha I've been to several that are like that at the Masquerade. I bet you when we see Watain it'll be maybe 50 - 100 people.

If that. It'll probably be somewhere around that number, though.

treghet
11-11-2010, 05:54 PM
If that. It'll probably be somewhere around that number, though.

Man, Atlanta fails. :tongue:

larvtard
11-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Man, Atlanta fails. :tongue:

We do without question :bouville: We got 40 PEOPLE for Exodus and Malevolent Creation on a FRIDAY NIGHT.
Though, in all fairness, DragonCon was that weekend... :eyes:

jd091
11-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Enslaved:

Ethica Odini :shred:

Woah... I'm listening to Ethica Odini as I read this, and the little :shred: guy headbangs in PERFECT RHYTHM with the beat! SO AWESOME!

Travis The Dragon
11-11-2010, 10:49 PM
justinm4bama, how did you meet the members? I didn't think they were doing meet 'n greets.

Travis The Dragon
11-11-2010, 10:51 PM
We do without question :bouville: We got 40 PEOPLE for Exodus and Malevolent Creation on a FRIDAY NIGHT.
:eek: :wtf: :eek: :wtf: :eek: :wtf: :eek: :wtf: :eek: :wtf:

Zla Vydra
11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
There may have been more like 75 at that show, but the fact remains that we get extremely weak crowds here. And people wonder why bands don't play Atlanta. Here's hoping for a decent turnout Monday night for Overkill/Forbidden/Evile and the rest.

larvtard
11-12-2010, 11:55 AM
There may have been more like 75 at that show, but the fact remains that we get extremely weak crowds here. And people wonder why bands don't play Atlanta. Here's hoping for a decent turnout Monday night for Overkill/Forbidden/Evile and the rest.

:lol: 75 is a bit different than 250. That number makes sense, though. I was kinda baffled that there were 250 people on a Wednesday night, honestly.

Not going to Overkill, but I doubt they'll get more than 40 people. Maybe 50 because of the Forbidden reunion/overall sick lineup. I saw Death Angel this summer on a Tuesday night and there were about 35-40 people there :eyes:

Yeah, I've gone from wondering why bands don't play here to wondering why there are still bands that do.

Northern_Shaman
11-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Damn.. Those numbers you guys are giving are pretty depressing. Up here, promoters flip shit about only selling 300 tickets, and 400+ is seen as average, yet we still get shafted.. It's getting a little better but they still pass up on some great tours :\.

greenReaper
11-12-2010, 02:44 PM
I'll be one of those 50 at Watain haha, and I was one of the 40 at Exodus lol the pit sucked! on the bright side though GWAR was packed as always, as was Cannibal/Skeletonwitch. And Gojira less than a year ago was much more crowded than i wouldve guessed

HackedUpForBBQ
11-12-2010, 04:05 PM
DAMN that Enslaved set is way too short..... regardless, I'm still looking forward to seeing those metal bastards

scouinci
11-12-2010, 08:24 PM
you still get show with 50 people??? in quebec city canada the promoters arent that happy when there's "only" 500 people at a show

ThrashManiac
11-12-2010, 09:41 PM
Quebec city is really hit or miss..

i havent been there in a while cept for the summer festival but i remember couple years back, i saw Enslaved in montreal-quebec back to back, and there was like 80 people in Quebec lol. Line-up was decent too, i know Arsis was there.

Zla Vydra
11-13-2010, 06:17 AM
:lol: 75 is a bit different than 250. That number makes sense, though. I was kinda baffled that there were 250 people on a Wednesday night, honestly.

Not going to Overkill, but I doubt they'll get more than 40 people. Maybe 50 because of the Forbidden reunion/overall sick lineup. I saw Death Angel this summer on a Tuesday night and there were about 35-40 people there :eyes:

Yeah, I've gone from wondering why bands don't play here to wondering why there are still bands that do.

I meant at the Exodus/Malevolent show. Yeah, the Death Angel show was the worst crowd ever.

larvtard
11-13-2010, 06:43 AM
I meant at the Exodus/Malevolent show. Yeah, the Death Angel show was the worst crowd ever.

oh gotcha. Yup, and it was all old people :lol:

@greenreaper: I noticed that too. It was pretty lame, just one fat guy pretty much. I still remember that guy :lol:
see ya at Watain.

@ everyone else: wow, now I guess I know how Atlanta crowds compare to other cities' crowds. Like I said, I'm surprised bands play here at all, especially when your city's promoters get pissed at only 500 tickets sold...

floydhunter9
11-14-2010, 10:12 AM
I've been to a show with seven people. So go upstate New York, woo!

justinm4bama
11-14-2010, 06:48 PM
justinm4bama, how did you meet the members? I didn't think they were doing meet 'n greets.

All I do is just wait by the stage after the show. At small clubs its really easy to meet band members :)

300%_Density
11-14-2010, 07:50 PM
I've given up tryin to play the guessing game. For Napalm Death/Kataklysm/Toxic Holocaust in Tulsa during the middle of the week I'm pretty sure it bordered betwen 50 & 70. Probably closer to the 50 than 70. Sad stuff.

brian
11-15-2010, 11:30 AM

I personally know about 40 people going to Overkill tonight so I'm wagering to guess your number's a bit off.

Exodus/Malevolent Creation had no people because it was DragonCon, Exodus sucks so much these days, and Malevolent Creation was here a month before that show...

larvtard
11-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I personally know about 40 people going to Overkill tonight so I'm wagering to guess your number's a bit off.

Exodus/Malevolent Creation had no people because it was DragonCon, Exodus sucks so much these days, and Malevolent Creation was here a month before that show...

I stand corrected then.

I figured it was because of Dragoncon. People still like Exodus though, even if their new stuff kinda sucks, so ehhhh.....

brian
11-16-2010, 05:05 AM
heh, yeah. Good turnout for the show. About 450. Not bad at all for a Monday night. I figure if it were on a weekend it would have done at least 200 more.

larvtard
11-16-2010, 06:47 AM
heh, yeah. Good turnout for the show. About 450. Not bad at all for a Monday night. I figure if it were on a weekend it would have done at least 200 more.

450 PEOPLE??? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

...that's amazing :eek:

I may have misunderestimated Overkill's appeal.... :eyes:

justinm4bama
11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
450 PEOPLE??? ARE YOU SERIOUS???

...that's amazing :eek:

I may have misunderestimated Overkill's appeal.... :eyes:

I was really suprised myself! I was front row and I looked back and couldn't see the merch table because of all the people. If that many people show up on a rainy Monday then there's no excuse for weak crowds...

Death Angel - maybe the reason why not many people showed up was because As I Lay Dying was playing at the Tabernacle that night so all the kids were there.

Slayer/Megadeth - (on a Friday night!) maybe half the arena was full. Have a friend from FL and said the whole arena in Orlando was SOLD OUT the next day. And to think of it... Orlando is about half the size as Atlanta....

Travis The Dragon
11-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Just got back from the MN. show! WOW! It was DB's best performance I've ever heard! I also made it in time for Enslaved's set and I had never heard them before and they were great too! Also, I'm pretty sure DB's setlist was the same as the N.A. shows so far.

larvtard
11-18-2010, 06:54 AM
If that many people show up on a rainy Monday then there's no excuse for weak crowds...

Death Angel - maybe the reason why not many people showed up was because As I Lay Dying was playing at the Tabernacle that night so all the kids were there.

Slayer/Megadeth - (on a Friday night!) maybe half the arena was full. Have a friend from FL and said the whole arena in Orlando was SOLD OUT the next day. And to think of it... Orlando is about half the size as Atlanta....

I don't think there are many young fans of Death Angel...

Well, the show WAS expensive...

brian
11-19-2010, 05:31 AM

Atlanta also gets at least 5x as many shows as Orlando so people have to be more picky with where they spend their money. As much as it would rule, nobody has an infinite supply of show money. Megadeth was here earlier in the year doing the exact same set and a lot of people don't like Seasons. A lot of people I know went only for Anthrax.

brian
11-19-2010, 05:33 AM
and does Death Angel draw well anywhere? The support on that tour was weak. They're not exactly a big name.