15 May: Granada Theatre, Dallas
16 May: Stubbs Waller Creek, Austin
17 May: Warehouse Live, Houston
19 May: Workplay Theater, Birmingham
20 May: Center Stage, Atlanta

ShatteredFlame
11-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Yes got tickets to the 2nd NYC show :dance:
I'm see both GY!BE and Mogwai next year! I would also like Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Tortoise, God Is An Astronaut to tour. Would be a great way to end my senior year of high school :cool:

Natrlhi
11-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Yes got tickets to the 2nd NYC show :dance:
I'm see both GY!BE and Mogwai next year! I would also like Sigur Ros, Explosions in the Sky, Tortoise, God Is An Astronaut to tour. Would be a great way to end my senior year of high school :cool:

GIAA was supposed to tour here this fall with Caspian, but those plans fell through for some reason. Caspian ended up touring on their own, though, and I saw them with an awesome local post-rock band called If These Trees Could Talk (which reminds me - I don't think I ever did a gig report for that show...just setlists (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14628&highlight=caspian)...bad Nat :snivel:). Anyway, maybe it'll still happen. They haven't toured here for their latest album yet...

Also, I would add This Will Destroy You to the wish list as well. I've not seen them yet, and I want to badly. They have a new album called "Tunnel Blanket" which is supposed to be coming out any time now, so hopefully there will be a tour to follow. :snivel:

idrinkwine732
11-11-2010, 03:59 PM
Explosions in the Sky

Don't fucking remind me.

God fucking damnit. They played here yesterday and I was out of town when they announced the show and just never found out about it until the day after tix went on sale and sold out in like 4 hours.

daimonos
11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
They're comin here...I'll have to check them out.

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Does anybody who knows more about Mogwai than me know if they could sell out these venues?

mankvill
11-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Does anybody who knows more about Mogwai than me know if they could sell out these venues?

As with all post-rock bands, they will do extremely well. I would bet they sell out.

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 08:25 PM
As with all post-rock bands, they will do extremely well. I would bet they sell out.

Alrighty, thanks a ton. Tickets are still available, I just can't really afford them that much now. I'll do it anyway though.

Travis The Dragon
11-17-2010, 10:21 PM
A band whom I've never heard of and whose last album peaked at only 97 on Billboard is playing in theaters? They must have gained quite a bit of popularity over here unless those theaters are really small or a larger band is headlining.

idrinkwine732
11-17-2010, 10:30 PM
A band whom I've never heard of and whose last album peaked at only 97 on Billboard is playing in theaters? They must have gained quite a bit of popularity over here unless those theaters are really small or a larger band is headlining.

You misused whom in that sentence.

Also, Mogwai have quite a history in the post-rock scene, so I'm not too surprised.

Northern_Shaman
11-18-2010, 06:38 AM

Going by record sales is no longer valid in determining a band's popularity. I've never listened to these guys, but out of curiosity I looked them up on last.fm

They have 735k listeners.
To put that into perspective, Opeth has 511k. Amon Amarth has 333k.

So yeah, they will probably sell out a lot of these venues. Opeth sold out the Vancouver one last time they played here (and it was 19+ :bouville: )

MPF
11-18-2010, 11:13 AM
A band whom I've never heard of and whose last album peaked at only 97 on Billboard is playing in theaters?

:tp: