PDA

View Full Version : All That Remains -- Toronto, Ontario -- November 9th, 2010

bobisdead911
11-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Only went for BOO and ATR, first band was shit and couldnt care less about Asking Alexandria, they spent half the time talking about how they were the "greatest band in the world" and talking shit about everything, I stood in the hall making fun of them the whole time. Even Phil from All That Remains said they were gay for having crowd tracks and lip-synching. I kid you not, check his Twitter. They had no place on the bill.

ANNNNYWAYYY, Born of Osiris absolutely destroyed. Toss up for best performance of the night. They put on one of the sickest live shows I've ever seen, I even told Ronnie. Everything was spot on, no fuck ups, it's amazing how far they've come, I can't wait for the new record, it's called "The Discovery". Their set:

Rosecrance
Empires Erased
Open Arms to Damnation
Elimination
Now Arise
Brace Legs
Recreate(new song):horns:
Exist
Bow Down

All That Remains was great too, funny fact; before they went on, Phil tweeted to the guys in Every Time I Die that he wishes they would tour together again(as do I), so during their set he points out a guy in the pit wearing an ETID shirt, and says "greatest fuckin band in the world". Lol He obviously holds high praise for them. He also changed the setlist halfway through, cuz I think it might have been similar to other ones if he hadn't. It's good tho, cuz they played some good songs.

Now Let Them Tremble...
For We Are Many
Six
Forever In Your Hands
Before The Damned
Aggressive Opposition
another new one, think it was Won't Go Quietly
This Calling
Become The Catalyst
Hold On:rocker:
Some of The People, All of The Time
The Weak Willed
The Air That I Breathe:rocker:
Two Weeks

Kapper
11-09-2010, 10:19 PM
crowd tracks? Like, applause and stuff like that? That is exceptionally lame.

MPF
11-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I think I've just gained a shitstorm of respect for Phil.

jd091
11-10-2010, 09:52 AM
Only went for BOO and ATR, first band was shit and couldnt care less about Asking Alexandria, they spent half the time talking about how they were the "greatest band in the world" and talking shit about everything, I stood in the hall making fun of them the whole time. Even Phil from All That Remains said they were gay for having crowd tracks and lip-synching. I kid you not, check his Twitter. They had no place on the bill.

Dude, I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I'm seeing this tour this weekend. I love ATR and I've loved BOO for years now. But seriously, fuck Asking Alexandria. Have you seen their myspace page? There's this giant picure of them standing all cool and shit like they're GQ models, and they all have the same fuckin' oli sykes haircuts.

It is possibly the greatest display of pure faggotry I have ever seen.

Glad to see that Phil hates them too, he is one of the biggest badasses in metal today. I want to shake that dude's hand.

treghet
11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
We're Born of Osiris and we like to strangle bitches.

Nick_to_the_face
11-10-2010, 10:24 AM
We're Born of Osiris and we like to strangle bitches.

0.o

jd091
11-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Oh, and:

Now Let Them Tremble...
For We Are Many
Six
Forever In Your Hands
Before The Damned
Aggressive Opposition
another new one, think it was Won't Go Quietly
This Calling
Become The Catalyst
Hold On
Some of The People, All of The Time
The Weak Willed
The Air That I Breathe
Two Weeks

:rocker:

mastodon421
11-10-2010, 12:47 PM
I didn't think Asking Alexandria could get any lamer... I was wrong.

treghet
11-10-2010, 02:51 PM
0.o

Read this interview. http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/27/dirt-fest-13-interviews-part-1-born-of-osiris-whos-glenn-danzig/

MPF
11-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Read this interview. http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/27/dirt-fest-13-interviews-part-1-born-of-osiris-whos-glenn-danzig/

SO in this thread I gained 100% respect for Phil and lost any last drop I ever had for Born of Osiris. I still hate Asking Alexandra the same.

Nick_to_the_face
11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
SO in this thread I gained 100% respect for Phil and lost any last drop I ever had for Born of Osiris. I still hate Asking Alexandra the same.

This

mastodon421
11-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I still like Born Of Osiris's music, but man they are a bunch of dumb,cocky tools.

ChildrenofSodom
11-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Six
Forever In Your Hands
Before The Damned
This Calling
Become The Catalyst
Hold On
The Weak Willed
The Air That I Breathe
Two Weeks

I don't have the new album, but I just bought tickets, and will be singing along to these.

jd091
11-10-2010, 07:20 PM

Wow... they sound like arrogant, drunk/high pricks in this interview. Whatever, they still write good songs.

HOWEVER: I just gained respect for Tosin Abasi, who was touring with them as a guitarist at the time of the interview. Tosin replied to only one question, correctly identifying who Gaahl from Gorgoroth was when the other idiots couldn't even find him on a google search :) How in the hell do you fuck up a google search?

Seems like Tosin is the only one who knows anything. That man is a goddamn genius when it comes to playing guitar in Animals as Leaders.

Nick_to_the_face
11-10-2010, 08:28 PM
I still like Born Of Osiris's music, but man they are a bunch of dumb,cocky tools.

This as well

jd091
11-11-2010, 01:30 AM
Even Phil from All That Remains said they were gay for having crowd tracks and lip-synching. I kid you not, check his Twitter.

http://twitter.com/philthatremains

"Tracks r gay, CROWD tracks are even gayer. We may not b perfect every night, but that's cause we aren't lip-synching. Lip-synch = not metal."

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bobisdead911
11-11-2010, 08:37 AM
lol yeah, I pretty much loved him for that, and then he goes on stage and asks people to "give it up" for them, all the while thinking, "those dumb british cuntbags"

jd091
11-11-2010, 10:36 AM
lol yeah, I pretty much loved him for that, and then he goes on stage and asks people to "give it up" for them, all the while thinking, "those dumb british cuntbags"

Yeah, I respect him for keeping his opinions out of the actual show even though I hate AA. That would just be the douchiest thing ever to "not give it up" for them or something.

mankvill
11-12-2010, 01:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymUjJIkOYU&feature=related

oh

ow

my sides

my siiiiides

Fires Of Sedition
11-12-2010, 02:02 AM

oh

ow

my sides

my siiiiides

Good God. I hope I never have to fucking see that band live.

treghet
11-12-2010, 08:04 AM

oh

ow

my sides

my siiiiides

Tea bagging the floor is so brutal.

jd091
11-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Tea bagging the floor is so brutal.

Not as brutal as HAIR.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2546/4108208200_991bd155a1_z.jpg

Northern_Shaman
11-12-2010, 03:35 PM

oh

ow

my sides

my siiiiides

It's not even funny anymore. It's just upsetting. Both the fact that there are people who enjoy this, and the fact that there are people doing this for others to enjoy. I've never liked the whole core scene stuff, but I stayed away from bashing it as long as it wasn't in my face. This stuff, however, is just... Ugh. faljdhflakjhf.

jd091
11-12-2010, 09:26 PM
It's not even funny anymore. It's just upsetting. Both the fact that there are people who enjoy this, and the fact that there are people doing this for others to enjoy. I've never liked the whole core scene stuff, but I stayed away from bashing it as long as it wasn't in my face. This stuff, however, is just... Ugh. faljdhflakjhf.

No, bash away. I think it's fair to say we all fucking despise this band.

Flywire
11-13-2010, 12:33 AM
If anyone still cared, it wasn't Won't Go Quietly (wishing it was) it was From the Outside

bobisdead911
11-14-2010, 11:20 AM
If anyone still cared, it wasn't Won't Go Quietly (wishing it was) it was From the Outside

oh cool, thanks bro, wasnt sure lol still getting used to the new album, starting to really like it...and yeah AA doesn't belong anywhere NEAR a metal show, they should be playing parking lot shows, opening for Paramore or some gay shit like that, pisses me off too cuz the bands that SHOULD be playing these shows are never on good bills and always play with bands I don't wanna see, if I had my way, Soilwork wouldve taken the place of those emo fucks, theyre great dudes and probably go way back with ATR. Now THAT wouldve been a great show.

jd091
11-14-2010, 09:29 PM
oh cool, thanks bro, wasnt sure lol still getting used to the new album, starting to really like it...and yeah AA doesn't belong anywhere NEAR a metal show, they should be playing parking lot shows, opening for Paramore or some gay shit like that, pisses me off too cuz the bands that SHOULD be playing these shows are never on good bills and always play with bands I don't wanna see, if I had my way, Soilwork wouldve taken the place of those emo fucks, theyre great dudes and probably go way back with ATR. Now THAT wouldve been a great show.

Wow... I just got back from this show in Chicago. I shit you not, at least a third of the crowd were scene girls between 14-17 years old, wearing Asking Alexandria Shirts. Whatever, they all moved after AA and I got a good spot for ATR :D

Agree that Soilwork would be a sick opener, but I'm not sure all the kids know them like AA or ATR. Born of Osiris did a great job though; their wall of death was awesome.

jd091
11-14-2010, 10:28 PM
I also saw a kid wearing this Asking Alexandria shirt:

http://greatlookingclothes.storenvy.com/products/25402-black-asking-alexandria-shirt

Seriously, is this what music has come to?

bobisdead911
11-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Who cares if they know them? At least we wouldnt have to put up with god awful music, and it's because they're arrogant fags that think they can do whatever they want because they have 'status' now, when really all they have is a bunch of pre pubescent boys yelling out swear words thinking they're cool..there's no place for them in music and with any luck, they'll be extinguished within a year, the ONLY good band to come out of UK is Bullet, and theyre half decent, but at least they play real metal

MPF
11-17-2010, 11:23 AM
the ONLY good band to come out of UK is Bullet,

Sabbath? Maiden? Priest?

bobisdead911
11-17-2010, 02:27 PM
I meant new school bands, got nothin against the oldies

jd091
11-17-2010, 03:36 PM
I meant new school bands, got nothin against the oldies

WHAT YOU SAY? Bring me the horizon is a good band LAWL :uk:

bobisdead911
11-18-2010, 09:15 AM
lol no...theyre not

jd091
11-18-2010, 01:59 PM
lol no...theyre not

...sarcasm...

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14771&page=4
:party:

bobisdead911
11-18-2010, 06:07 PM
haha yeah, and they were never "deathcore" they're not death anything, theyre the furthest thing from death, considering most if not all of them havent even hit puberty