PDA

View Full Version : Danzig Cancels Tonight in MN. Rest of the Bands Play for FREE

Bloodcurse
11-09-2010, 03:09 PM
Toxic Holocaust posted on their facebook page:

Free show at the Cabooze in Minneapolis tonight, spread the word. us, Marduk and Possessed!! Danzig canceled, but everyone else is still gonna play. FOR FREE.

My inside sources tell me Danzig canceled due to the stage size.

MPF
11-09-2010, 04:13 PM
My buddy Steve just told me about this. I'm so fucking pissed that I have no gas money, otherwise I'd be there front row.

Sanitarium78
11-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Well of course it's a free show. With Danzig cancelling they've gotta refund everyone's money.

It seems like a real dickish thing to do but I guess if the stage is too small and the band isn't comfortable playing on it or there isn't room for all their equipment they may not have had any other option. I'd like to hear the reason from Danzig though.

idrinkwine732
11-09-2010, 04:19 PM
Want. Bad.

MPF
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM
The stage is actually a pretty decent size. I mean any MN forumers who know Station 4 or The Rock, it's pretty damn close to the same size, just closer to the ground.

Derelict
11-09-2010, 04:23 PM
Danzig needs to realize its not 1993 anymore, and these are the kinds of places he plays now. It's not like he has some crazy stage show or pyro to accommodate, unless you count his ego.

christopher
11-09-2010, 04:26 PM
They should have added a Sadistic Intent set as a bonus.

Sanitarium78
11-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Danzig needs to realize its not 1993 anymore, and these are the kinds of places he plays now. It's not like he has some crazy stage show or pyro to accommodate, unless you count his ego.

True. After seeing the show last week all he has is a banner with the skull from the first album and a few other little skull statues on the amps. His light show is nonexistant, pretty much just the basics. So something pissed him off beyond the stage size I think. He's been playing smaller venues for well over a decade, you think he would've gotten used to it by now.

Once an asshole, always an asshole I guess.

MPF
11-09-2010, 04:37 PM

To be fair The Cabooze is one of the biggest venues in the Twin Cities, only First Avenue, Roy Wilkins. Of course there is the Excel Engery Center and the Target Center, but that's reserved for Ozzy, Metallica and Muse.

The Cabooze, Station 4 and First Avenue are the only real big music venues meant for music.

Hell, within month alone Blind Guardian, All That Remains and GWAR are coming to The Cabooze. I'd say all 3 are bigger then Danzig now a days.

Derelict
11-09-2010, 04:52 PM
To be fair The Cabooze is one of the biggest venues in the Twin Cities, only First Avenue, Roy Wilkins. Of course there is the Excel Engery Center and the Target Center, but that's reserved for Ozzy, Metallica and Muse.

The Cabooze, Station 4 and First Avenue are the only real big music venues meant for music.

Hell, within month alone Blind Guardian, All That Remains and GWAR are coming to The Cabooze. I'd say all 3 are bigger then Danzig now a days.

I believe you, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with this place, other than Danzig's ego.

MPF
11-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I believe you, I'm sure there's nothing wrong with this place, other than Danzig's ego.

That wasn't directed at you. I was just pointing it out. Yes, Danzig still lives in the world that Mother just came out last week. I mean I have a hard enough time trying to get my band to play The Cabooze. At this stage, he should be happy he can still do a full tour.

Although one thing that strikes me as odd. The local Metal radio show The Root Of All Evil has been promoting this show for a long time, but they never once mentioned Danzig on the bill, they only ever mentioned Marduk...Maybe Danzig has had this planned for a while now?

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Toxic Holocaust posted on their facebook page:

Free show at the Cabooze in Minneapolis tonight, spread the word. us, Marduk and Possessed!! Danzig canceled, but everyone else is still gonna play. FOR FREE.

My inside sources tell me Danzig canceled due to the stage size.

Since this means Possessed is headlining are they going to extend there setlist or still play a 30-45 minute set? That would be killer if they surprise everyone and pull out an epic 90-95 min set:rocker::rocker:

MPF
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Since this means Possessed is headlining are they going to extend there setlist or still play a 30-45 minute set? That would be killer if they surprise everyone and pull out an epic 90-95 min set:rocker::rocker:

If Possessed doesn't do that, I'm sure everyone will be having an extended set.

bt11763
11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
:( i want

MPF
11-09-2010, 11:08 PM
From the words of the promoter:

ALSO I HAVE LOST ALL RESPECT I EVER HAD FOR GLEN DANZIG.......HE SAID FUCK MN AND TO ALL HIS FANS TONIGHT BY COMING TO OUR TOWN AND SHITTING ON A CLUB AND A GREAT PROMOTION TEAM IN MR.CHAN PRESENTS BY LOOKING AT THE STAGE AFTER HIS FUCKING CREW HAD ALL OF HIS SHIT UP AND SAID IM NOT PLAYING CAUSE ITS NOT AS BIG AS HIS FUCKING EGO!!!!

AnglOvDeth
11-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Does this really surprise anyone? ANYONE? :tp:

Magson13
11-10-2010, 12:38 AM
There's a clause min his contract stating that the stage needs to be at least a certain size.... The promoter is an idiot for booking him and not putting the show at a venue with a big enough stage. And he still has to pay Danzig, since he's the one who broke the contract. He should be extremely thankful to Possessed, Marduk, Toxic Holocaust, and Withered for still playing, so he can at least lower the amount he's losing by a bit with bar sales, and merch sales, if he happens to have a deal on either of those.

300%_Density
11-10-2010, 01:57 AM
Tough one to call. Danzig will get shit for being a dick for canceling for the size of the stage. Very good point though, the promoter is in the wrong a little for the fact that when these shows are booked bands as large as Danzig usually have it in their contracts how big the stage should be. That being said... I don't play an instrument or been in a band so I'm not speaking from experience but I find it a little hard to believe that Danzig didn't think he could play a show b/c of the stage size. He's not exactly doing 5-6 shows a week where he could really need a day off. Shitty situation... But a headlining Possesed set would be pretty sweet. Atleast they are making best of a bad situation.

Indestructible
11-10-2010, 08:09 AM
Too bad cause Danzig puts on a good show and everyone missed out. Who cares what the size of the stage is be glad you get to play in front of people.

davidis138
11-10-2010, 10:48 AM
He probably cares so much about the stage size cos he keeps falling off the motherfucker :lol:

Sepultura69
11-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Anyone go to the show? How was Possessed? Did they wow everyone and pull out an epic 90 minute extravaganza or just a nice little 40 minute set :confused:

Just curious since the show is now dubbed as "Free" so I'm pretty sure all the bands can take there set for as long as they want to.....or end it as quick as they want to?

MPF
11-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Anyone go to the show? How was Possessed? Did they wow everyone and pull out an epic 90 minute extravaganza or just a nice little 40 minute set :confused:

Just curious since the show is now dubbed as "Free" so I'm pretty sure all the bands can take there set for as long as they want to.....or end it as quick as they want to?

Like I mentioned in my first post on the thread. my buddy and album producer Steve went to the show last night. and I'm going to St. Paul tonight to pick up my bands master copy of our debut album.

Besides giving me shit about not going to the show, Steve will tell me how long the bands played for and possibly get a setlist for at least Marduk if not Possessed.

elturtleboy
11-10-2010, 12:10 PM
They should have added a Sadistic Intent set as a bonus.

THIS

Derelict
11-10-2010, 12:37 PM
They should have brought the dude from the North Side Kings in to "talk" to Danzig when he pulled his bitch fit.

elturtleboy
11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
They should have brought the dude from the North Side Kings in to "talk" to Danzig when he pulled his bitch fit.

:nag:

Magson13
11-11-2010, 12:20 AM
If they can't read the contract enough to see a major thing like stage size, then why would anyone assume that the person read the technical aspects required for the show, such as things done for the bands' own safety? I don't blame Danzig for cancelling. Van halen did the same shit back in the day, they would test the promoter with the 'remove all brown M&Ms' shiz.