PDA

View Full Version : Top 3 Most Influential Metal Bands

x-voltage
11-05-2010, 11:22 PM
Not in any order:

Black Sabbath- One of the originators of heavy metal (if not, THE originator). They laid down they framework for how heavy metal songs should be formatted. Tony Iommi almost created the "metal riff" and incorporated more palm muting which is unavoidable in metal. He inspired future metal with such riffs as Children of the Grave, Sweet Leaf, and Symptom of the Universe.
Metallica- Probably has inspired as many bands as Sabbath has. Ask any metal band in the past 20 years who their influences are and I guarantee everyone of them will list Metallica. Their first five albums will stand the test of time in metal history. The amount of unforgettable riffs is uncountable. From clean songs to heavy songs to thrash songs to "Load/Reload" songs, Metallica knows how to get the job done. Probably will be the most recognized heavy metal band of all time.
Pantera- The guys from Pantera revolutionized the way a metal album is produced. Not only was the guitar work amazing (obviously:rocker:) but the band knew how to capture a guitar's sound so well. Every musician in the band is one of the best at their respective instrument. Dime is loved by the metal community and has inspired almost all metal guitar players in some way, Rex Brown has played in lots of bands where he just rips on bass, Vinnie has been in several bands as well and is viewed as one of the top drummers in metal in the past 20 years, and Phil is an extremely talented vocalist (screaming and clean vocals). He was an innovator in the field of screaming and inspired many present day screamers.

Sepultura69
11-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Judas Priest
SLAYER
metallica

Maiden33
11-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Regardless of what other bands you have, you have answered this question incorrectly if Black Sabbath is not one of them.

Indestructible
11-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest

Nick_to_the_face
11-06-2010, 04:15 PM
This is way to hard of a question...but either way Black Sabbath should definitely be on there no matter what and...arguably Led Zeppelin..they aren't metal, but if you look at some of their music, very heavy, very loud, and the term heavy metal came out around their time...just my two cents

treghet
11-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Regardless of what other bands you have, you have answered this question incorrectly if Black Sabbath is not one of them.

Yeah I was just gonna say something like that...

MPF
11-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Metallica

It's really hard to narrow it down to just 3. Priest, Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura, Death, Motorhead, and Zeppelin needs the same recognition.

jerry1013
11-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Sabbath
Zeppelin (not metal but hugely influential on the genre)
Hendrix (see above)

Sanitarium78
11-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest

Those are the three I would pick as well.

daimonos
11-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Metallica

This.

maidenpriest
11-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Black Sabbath (not the biggest fan but I can't deny their influence)
Iron Maiden
Metallica

El Gordo
11-07-2010, 01:39 PM
There is only one. Sabbath. That is all.

evildeadjedi
11-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Sabbath
Maiden
Metallica

The_jman
11-07-2010, 02:05 PM
Sabbath
Maiden
Metallica
I'll third these three as well.

rjmartinez91
11-07-2010, 11:24 PM
This is way to hard of a question...but either way Black Sabbath should definitely be on there no matter what and...arguably Led Zeppelin..they aren't metal, but if you look at some of their music, very heavy, very loud, and the term heavy metal came out around their time...just my two cents

:party:

MetalIsArt
11-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Metallica

Nick_to_the_face
11-08-2010, 07:15 AM
:party:

Woo! Someone agrees :party:
eh...i think it's to hard to narrow down to three.
but either way Sabbath best be on everyone's list