Ju Ju Bone
Thirteen
Bringer Of Death
Black Angel, White Angel
Mother

Encore:
She Rides
Long Way Back From Hell

Excellent show from Danzig at the Town Ballroom here in Buffalo last night. He still sounds great live and still has some good power in his voice. The crowd was into the whole show and sang a long loudly with everything especially the older stuff. Danzig held the mic out for people up in front to sing along several times and was slapping hands and locking horns with people which is always cool to see. The new stuff got a solid reaction to, HOTG and DRM being the best recived of the night. I would've prefered to hear either The Revengful or Rebel Spirits instead of Ju Ju Bone but the song came off well live. HOTG and DRM were awesome live though. I was also surprised to see people moshing during the set. He's never had music I would consider "moshable" but the people doing it last night proved me wrong.

The venue he played holds 1,200 and while it wasn't a sell out I would say it was close to a thousand people there. Though i've never been great with estimating crowd sizes, that's just my guess. The main highlights of the show were the songs off the first three albums. Though everything was played so well that I could consider everything a highlight. I have no clue who's in the band besides Glenn but they played very well last night and they made the older stuff sound heavier live:rocker:

At 55, Danzig is still in great shape, singing well and spazing out on stage like he always has. While I would've prefered to hear me some Am I Demon, Snakes Of Christ or Dirty Black Summer instead of the boring downer Thirteen i've been to enough concerts by now to know you can't get everything all the time. But at least Danzig didn't ignore those albums completely and knows what most of the fans are there to hear.

My voice is hoarse today. I didn't think I was singing louder than I normally do for concerts but I guess I was. Though during songs like TOC, TOBA, HTGK and Mother it's hard not to sing at the top of your lungs for those. If he's coming to your area deffinitley go. You're in for a fun and very energetic show:blaze:

Derelict
11-05-2010, 09:41 AM
I think Tommy Victory and Johnny Kelly are in the band this time around, not sure who is playing bass.

Indestructible
11-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Danzig was great last night, one of the best shows I have ever been to. Definetly in my top ten concerts ever. I met one of my friends from school there, I met her friends and we hung out by the pit the whole show.
Danzig did great, he pulled everything off well. I agree with sanitarium that Danzig isn't that moshable,but everyone proved me wrong. The highlights of the night for me were Black Angel White Angel,She Rides,How the Gods Kill,Tired of Being alive and Long way Back From Hell.That was one of the best days I have had in awhile.
Danzig you are welcome to come back to Buffalo NY anytime.

bigguytoo9
11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
anyone have sets from Toxic Holocaust etc..?

Magson13
11-05-2010, 07:01 PM
That setlist isn't as great as the one I got. I saw him in June, first date of that nine show mini tour. He didn't play Ju Ju Bone or Deth Red Moon here, but he played Do You Wear The Mark, Until You Call On The Dark, Kiss The Skull, and It's Coming Down. Tommy Victor is on guitar, Steve Zing is on bass, and Johnny Kelly is on drums. Thirteen was cool to hear, except for the fact that all the posers knew it simply because of The Hangover.... Did you notice Danzig's hair? As he played, it seemed to thin more and more throughout the set. Also, his gut is quite noticable. kinda depressing that he doesn't take care of himself like he used to.

Sanitarium78
11-05-2010, 08:14 PM
That setlist isn't as great as the one I got. I saw him in June, first date of that nine show mini tour. He didn't play Ju Ju Bone or Deth Red Moon here, but he played Do You Wear The Mark, Until You Call On The Dark, Kiss The Skull, and It's Coming Down. Tommy Victor is on guitar, Steve Zing is on bass, and Johnny Kelly is on drums. Thirteen was cool to hear, except for the fact that all the posers knew it simply because of The Hangover.... Did you notice Danzig's hair? As he played, it seemed to thin more and more throughout the set. Also, his gut is quite noticable. kinda depressing that he doesn't take care of himself like he used to.

This tour was the official one for DRM so that's why he's doing a few more newer ones as opposed to this summer. I would've loved to have heard UYCOTD and another song off HTGK but what are you gonna do about it? I really wasn't paying attention to Glenn's hair at all because checking out the progression of full to thin in somebody's hair isn't a top priority for me when seeing someone live:lol: Excessive sweating will do that to anybody's hair though.

Yes, his waist line has expanded a bit over the years but he's far from being in bad shape at all. It appeared to me he's still in good shape and taking care of himself. The man is 55 it's not like he can shed the pounds as easily as he used to even if he still works out regularly. It's not that he isn't taking care of himself it's just an age issue.

kulamram
11-05-2010, 08:50 PM
anyone get the marduk set list? how was their set?

Magson13
11-05-2010, 10:15 PM
The summer tour was for DRS too, it said 'to usher in the release of his latest album, Deth Red Sabaoth'. Excessive sweating doesn't make your hair thin out to an extreme. Putting something in your hair to make it look full, then sweating it off, does. And when Danzig takes his girdle off, his gut is even worse than on stage. You can see it after the show when he meets with the fans. Have you ever seen Randy Couture? No gut there. Just insanely ripped, and he's up there in age.

Sanitarium78
11-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Well excessive sweating thins my hair out but maybe that's just me. The big difference with Courture is that it's his job to stay in shape because if he doesn't he can't fight and is out of a job. Danzig's job is not to be in top shape it's music. As long as he's in good enough condition to perform live what's the issue then? What I don't get is why Glenn's appearence is so important to you? Do you have a mancrush on him or something?

Sepultura69
11-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Anyone have the setlist for Possessed???...:confused:

davidis138
11-06-2010, 01:18 AM
What I don't get is why Glenn's appearence is so important to you? Do you have a mancrush on him or something?

Seriously. It's really a waste of time to complain about Glenn's appearance. He did kinda lock himself into this image when he was young so I can see how it'd be easy to point out his hair is gone and he's not as thin as he was but who cares? He sure doesn't, he still fucks shit up. I'm fuckin psyched for the 20th! DETH RED MOON!? :drool:

Sepultura69
11-06-2010, 01:38 AM
Danzig was great last night, one of the best shows I have ever been to. Definetly in my top ten concerts ever.
There is no "Top 10" untill you've seen This band In concert....once you've seen these guys there is no such thing as a SO CALLED "TOP 10"....This band rapes all the top 10 concert of anyones and stomps it in a mud hole and leaves it to die in a gutter
http://wallpaper.metalship.org/images/slayer.jpg

anyone that tells you they have seen slayer and they suck live is either
*Full of shit, in denial, or just happend to catch the band on a bad day on got a sloppy performance*....happens to the best of us

Derelict
11-06-2010, 10:01 AM
There is no "Top 10" untill you've seen This band In concert....once you've seen these guys there is no such thing as a SO CALLED "TOP 10"....This band rapes all the top 10 concert of anyones and stomps it in a mud hole and leaves it to die in a gutter
http://wallpaper.metalship.org/images/slayer.jpg

*Full of shit, in denial, or just happend to catch the band on a bad day on got a sloppy performance*....happens to the best of us

FUCKING AWESOME POST

larvtard
11-06-2010, 10:36 AM
*Full of shit, in denial, or just happened to catch the band on a bad day on got a sloppy performance*....happens to the best of us

Haha I've seen them live twice and was disappointed both times. I guess they just don't put as much energy in their live show anymore. Maybe it's just my insanely high expectations, though...

Sepultura69
11-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Haha I've seen them live twice and was disappointed both times. I guess they just don't put as much energy in their live show anymore. Maybe it's just my insanely high expectations, though...
Or maybe you're just on crack

Sepultura69
11-06-2010, 10:50 AM
FUCKING AWESOME POST
FORSURE BRO, WANNA HAVE A SANDWICH?????

larvtard
11-06-2010, 11:11 AM
Or maybe you're just on crack

oh shit, man...now that you mention it, I think you're right. thanks so much for the enlightenment. I really appreciate it.

Sepultura69
11-06-2010, 11:29 AM
oh shit, man...now that you mention it, I think you're right. thanks so much for the enlightenment. I really appreciate it.
In all seriousness though I dont get how you could of been dissapointed by slayer You're either not a big fan of there music and just a casual listener or YOU REALLY DID EXPECT TO MUCH......most people hate slayer live for the simple fact that they dont move around or do anything...who fucking cares? When I go to metal shows I dont go there to stand like a fuckin zombie and stare at the band i go there to rock the fuck out, Also did you ever see slayer during there "Araya Headbanging days".....god those where the glory days :rocker:

The only reason I can think of you not enjoying the shows was one of the guitars was either off the whole time or the band just gave a sloppy performance cause when they play*ESPECIALLY THERE OLD SHIT* They sound identical to the fucking album....trust me i have seen them 4 times, only once did they give a pretty shitty performance :(
Heres a video from a show i went to back in august, beautiful performance here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bakODYnXVMY

If slayer sucked live I dont think they would go through the trouble of rehearsing and going on tours and performing old albums in its entirety *Season in the abyss for this years tour, Reign in blood back in 2004-2005* but hey man....you cant win them all :tp:

Sanitarium78
11-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Sepultura69, I appreciate your passion for Slayer but you are in a Danzig thread, what exactly does talking about Slayer have to do with the topic at all? There's plenty of other threads where they can be discussed and get this, you can even create ones yourself if you want. Instead of relaying in unrelated threads about how great Slayer how about you just create a seperate thread for those show reviews? You're allowed to do that, the shows don't have to be recent at all, you can give a review of any show you've been to BY GIVING IT IT'S OWN THREAD!!! Unless you're gunning for being one of the most annoying posters on here which you're well on your way to being.

Back on topic now. For those asking about the sets from the openers I honestly have no clue about that since i'm not a fan of any of them. I didn't get there until 8 o'clock so I didn't see the first two bands and I honestly have no clue who was on stage when we got there. All I know is that Possessed is on before Danzig. Also, there was a question my friend and I had about Possessed. The singer was in a wheelchair and we were wondering what happened to the guy? It was cool to see him still out there rocking in spite of that.

My venue also had the "no cameras or videos or any kind" signs posted in the entrance and lobby. So Danzig is still enforcing that. No one was thrown out but if someone did have their phone up in the air security would just come by and tell them to put it away. I don't know if it's a Danzig thing or not but this was the first show I recall ever going to where security had metal detectors to check everyone before going in. I actually didn't mind that because you felt safe going into the venue.

Sepultura69
11-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Sepultura69, I appreciate your passion for Slayer but you are in a Danzig thread, what exactly does talking about Slayer have to do with the topic at all? There's plenty of other threads where they can be discussed and get this, you can even create ones yourself if you want. Instead of relaying in unrelated threads about how great Slayer is and the first time you saw Metallica how about you just create a seperate threard for those show reviews? You're allowed to do that, the shows don't have to be recent at all, you can give a review of any show you've been to BY GIVING IT IT'S OWN THREAD!!! Unless you're gunning for being one of the most annoying posters on here which you're well on your way to being

My bad man, At least your not like the other dip shits that get overly angry at my Posts and respond with something like "CUT IT OUT BRO, YOUR BOLD POSTINGS ARE HURTING MY VAGINA" Well thats pretty much what there saying anyways..:cool:

As for most annoying poster? Nah I'm not trying intentionally, since my first post here alot of people *Raven, Children of sodom, Powermaiden ect* all seem to have a problem with me and I'm not doing it intentionally at all but whatever...I didn't come on these forums to impress or please anybody:cool:

again sorry about that man, i dig your honesty and sincerity

Indestructible
11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Anyone have the setlist for Possessed???...:confused:
I'm not a fan of possessed but,someone I know who went to the show said he remembers possessed playing, The Exorcist,Evil Warriors and Death Metal. The singer announced one of the songs, I think that song was Burn In Hell.

Bloodcurse
11-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I was on my way to this show but got in a pretty bad car wreck. So I didn't quite make it.

PlaysWithKnives
11-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Im sorry to have missed this show. Everyone I know who went has a great review of it, and had a great time. Other than the omission of Dirty Black Summer, its a good set. As for Danzigs appearance, who gives a crap. If hes only getting a gut and losing his hair at 50 something, I give him credit. He has 20 years on me and the same is happening to me. What can you do :D

vmetal52
11-06-2010, 08:04 PM
anybody have the marduk set?

Sanitarium78
11-06-2010, 08:10 PM
anybody have the marduk set?

I thought I cleared this up earlier in the thread by saying I wasn't a fan of any of the other bands so that's why I don't have any other sets.

That's also why I put Danzig as the thread title instead of Blackest Of The Black. I'm not trying to be a dick to you, it's just this question has been asked a few times in the thread already. I'm guessing if someone knew Marduk's set they would've posted here by now.

Magson13
11-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Danzig's appearance is important because he covers it up. If he just embraced it, I wouldn't care, but since he tries to look like he did at 20, it makes it very lulzy when you can see that he doesn't actually look that way. He puts something in his hair that washes out when he sweats (the sweat isn't just moistening his hair, causing it to appear thinner.... I was there in June, on the rail, I saw it. And a friend of mine at the show noticed it as well, from the back on the balcony). Also, I lift weights five days a week. Danzig is my idol in terms of weightlifting (old Danzig, not current gave-up Danzig), because he wasn't huge like most of the meat headed steroid users, his muscles actually looked realistic, yet ripped, if that makes any sense.

Derelict
11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
I was on my way to this show but got in a pretty bad car wreck. So I didn't quite make it.

You ok boss?

Indestructible
11-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Danzig's appearance is important because he covers it up. If he just embraced it, I wouldn't care, but since he tries to look like he did at 20, it makes it very lulzy when you can see that he doesn't actually look that way. He puts something in his hair that washes out when he sweats (the sweat isn't just moistening his hair, causing it to appear thinner.... I was there in June, on the rail, I saw it. And a friend of mine at the show noticed it as well, from the back on the balcony). Also, I lift weights five days a week. Danzig is my idol in terms of weightlifting (old Danzig, not current gave-up Danzig), because he wasn't huge like most of the meat headed steroid users, his muscles actually looked realistic, yet ripped, if that makes any sense.

I don't know what's wrong with Danzigs apperance, I didn't really care. Danzig is in better shape than I am and he is 37 years older than me.

vmetal52
11-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I thought I cleared this up earlier in the thread by saying I wasn't a fan of any of the other bands so that's why I don't have any other sets.

That's also why I put Danzig as the thread title instead of Blackest Of The Black. I'm not trying to be a dick to you, it's just this question has been asked a few times in the thread already. I'm guessing if someone knew Marduk's set they would've posted here by now.

Note how i said "anyone" so that refers to anyone who has seen the show, not just you. Not everyone reads through the entire post and if more then one person posts it that usually means there is a "demand" for it.

Sanitarium78
11-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Note how i said "anyone" so that refers to anyone who has seen the show, not just you. Not everyone reads through the entire post and if more then one person posts it that usually means there is a "demand" for it.

True, but if a thread gets to a third page and you still don't see anyone posting a set from one of the bands, the odds a pretty good that nobody knows anything.

rjmartinez91
11-08-2010, 12:32 AM
My bad man, At least your not like the other dip shits that get overly angry at my Posts and respond with something like "CUT IT OUT BRO, YOUR BOLD POSTINGS ARE HURTING MY VAGINA"

:lol: Lmao

rjturtle9
11-08-2010, 01:12 AM

I am not full of shit, in denial, but I guess I saw them on an off night... TWICE. They are a great live band, but I can think of 10 concerts that raped some of theirs, and I can also name many performances that were better then theirs. So yes, your wrong, at everything you say.

Sepultura69
11-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I am not full of shit, in denial, but I guess I saw them on an off night... TWICE. They are a great live band, but I can think of 10 concerts that raped some of theirs, and I can also name many performances that were better then theirs. So yes, your wrong, at everything you say.
COOL STORY BRO

HackedUpForBBQ
11-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Awesome fucking show! Toxic Holocaust, Marduk, Possessed and Danzig were all amazing. Glad I finally got to see Possessed, as well as Marduk

valgalder
11-12-2010, 04:36 PM
can't believe some of you people are pretending like Danzig sounds GOOD.. I wasn't expecting him to sound great, but really.. his voice is SHOT.. that being said, at least the band plays very well.

Possessed ruled also.. the Sadistic guys were seriously cool dudes.

Sanitarium78
11-12-2010, 06:16 PM
can't believe some of you people are pretending like Danzig sounds GOOD.. I wasn't expecting him to sound great, but really.. his voice is SHOT.. that being said, at least the band plays very well.

Possessed ruled also.. the Sadistic guys were seriously cool dudes.

I'm not pretending Danzig sounds good, i'm going by the fact that he did sound good at the show. Sure his voice doesn't have the power it did back in his glory days but it's still solid.

What was it that makes you think his voice is shot?

vmetal52
11-15-2010, 03:17 PM
do you remember what time the show ended?

HackedUpForBBQ
11-18-2010, 04:40 PM
do you remember what time the show ended?

A little before 11:30 at my show

Travis The Dragon
11-18-2010, 05:00 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Dg8rTVI7oOg/SxsKl_uTjzI/AAAAAAAAAMs/7KM62PEGaKs/S660/iron-maiden.jpg

anyone that tells you they have seen Iron Maiden and they suck live is either

Fixed! :D

andrew_metalhead
11-21-2010, 02:14 PM
The award for best ever post on metalsetlists.com goes to the above post.

:bowdown:

Anyway, I was here to look for the Toxic Holocaust set because I missed their first two songs last night and wanted to make sure what they played. I guess I'll look elsewhere, because this thread is clearly not about Toxic Holocaust :lol: