PDA

View Full Version : Black Ops

NecroRob
11-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Anyone planning on getting this?

I was truly disappointed in MW2, so I'm hoping this will be much better. The video leaks I've seen so far look promising. I'm hoping I can get back into competing again on this game, my team kind of gave up during MW2.

mankvill
11-01-2010, 10:31 PM
That's a big negative there, chief.

BloodoftheKings
11-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Im so tired of Call of Duty. It's become the video game equivelent to the Saw movies. A new one comes out every year each getting worse and worse and people still see/get them.

mankvill
11-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Im so tired of Call of Duty. It's become the video game equivelent to the Saw movies. A new one comes out every year each getting worse and worse and people still see/get them.

I know people who aren't even aware of Call of Duty 1 and 2. I have MW2 and to be honest, I've had way more fun with CoD2 online than I've ever had with MW2.

NecroRob
11-02-2010, 12:12 AM
I know people who aren't even aware of Call of Duty 1 and 2. I have MW2 and to be honest, I've had way more fun with CoD2 online than I've ever had with MW2.

That's because MW2 is complete garbage.

makethemsuffer12
11-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I really like MW2. :eyes:

It was the first COD game to really interest me. The single player is ok, and the multiplayer was great before it got old.

Black Ops looks like it's going to be pretty sick.

powerslave_85
11-03-2010, 01:55 PM
It's gonna have a zombie mode where you can play as JFK, Castro, or Nixon defending the Pentagon. *Insert "JFK headshot" joke here*

Div
11-03-2010, 02:18 PM
fuck yea, zombie nixon!

ChildrenofSodom
11-03-2010, 02:56 PM
It's gonna have a zombie mode where you can play as JFK, Castro, or Nixon defending the Pentagon. *Insert "JFK headshot" joke here*

And Defense Secretary Robert McNamara. :eyes:

And you guys are crazy. I LOVE MW2, and I can't wait to go home over Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks and play Black Ops.

Div
11-03-2010, 08:43 PM
MW2's story was like... I had no idea what was going on. Like why the US undercover guy didnt just blast that fucker in the elevator instead of actually going as far to shoot up the fucking airport... or why the rooskies decided to invade the fucking USA without even trying to get an explanation first. like modern day russia even has the military or economic power to attack us like that...

While we're talking about shitty game storylines, anyone else play Force Unleashed II yet? I loved the first one but this absolutely sucked balls at everything, except for the graphics and animations. It seemed like the rest of the dev team just half assed their part at the last minute. The first one had such a cool story but this barely even had 2 paragraphs of plot.

mankvill
11-03-2010, 09:51 PM
I think MW2 had some fantastic single-player setpieces. It was like a Tom Clancy game!

NecroRob
11-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Who plays CoD for the single player?

makethemsuffer12
11-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Who plays CoD for the single player?

This. Though MW2's single player had some cool moments, but overall it wasn't that great.

mankvill
11-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Single player really wasn't that great, but I thought it had a few good moments. MW2's multiplayer is too much of a grind for it to be fun for me anymore. Halo: Reach is amazing because you have the gametypes where you can grind for credits, but 90% of the other playlists are just for fun, plus everything you do earns you credits. With the inclusion of vehicles, fun maps, map editors and different gametypes, there's just no way that I could ever go back to MW2.

NecroRob
11-09-2010, 12:21 PM
Love this game so far. Seems way more balanced than mw2.

mastodon421
11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I am getting it this weekend and I am pretty excited for it. On the topic on MW2, I did like it, but I got really sick of the multiplayer after a while.

mankvill
11-09-2010, 12:44 PM
My prediction:

For the rest of November, Black Ops is really fun to play online. Everyone tries out the new game modes, the new maps, it's all a lot of fun.

By December: The only games played online are Team Deathmatch and Search and Destroy, two gametypes also offered in MW2.

Enjoy your $60 reskinned game.

Crionics
11-09-2010, 12:59 PM
I'll pick this up either Friday or during Winter Break.

MetalIsArt
01-02-2011, 03:56 AM
I've read plenty of bad reviews on Amazon.co.uk...

:eyes::eek:

Div
02-02-2011, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gytY8xXmC4&feature=player_embedded

omg best game ever

NecroRob
02-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Enjoy your $60 reskinned game.

Well, it's been the same game for 4 straight games now...So that isn't any kind of revelation.

And I am enjoying it for the most part actually. Most of the people that complain are n00bs with no skill, and this game brought some of the skill back like in CoD4 and WaW.

TonyD
02-02-2011, 07:06 PM
And I am enjoying it for the most part actually. Most of the people that complain are n00bs with no skill, and this game brought some of the skill back like in CoD4 and WaW.

How?

makethemsuffer12
02-02-2011, 07:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gytY8xXmC4&feature=player_embedded

omg best game ever

Haha I saw that on AOTS.

NecroRob
02-02-2011, 10:13 PM
How?

It's called balance. You can actually get into a room without hackers...or excessive (and by excessive I literally mean endless) noobtubers...or commando...or sniper rifles being used as assault rifles...or the ability to turn 7 kills in a row to a nuke without even trying...etc.

To give an example of how little skill MW2 had, I actually used one man army and noobtubes one game for shits and gigs. I didn't shoot a bullet from my gun once and I got a nuke.

jhdeity
02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm a Halo player but finally got bitten by the COD online bug. Black Ops is by far my favorite online COD game. I've beaten every COD on Veteran except COD 3 and I had trouble on Black Ops just getting through the 1st 3 missions on Vet. Sucks I should have gotten the Achievement and didn't though. I heard you have to play straight through to get it. After the double EXP weekend this weekend I'm going back to single player to try my new found skills.

I think this game gets a bad rap actually. Best Zombie levels also...

MetalIsArt
02-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Still not buying it for my PS3, and I used to be extremely enthousiastic about it.