PDA

View Full Version : All That Remains -- Atlanta, GA -- October 29th, 2010

insipidzombie
11-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Band: All That Remains
Date: 10/29/2010
Venue: The Masquerade

Great set from ATR. Good selection of songs from the 3 latest albums, and one song from the 2nd LP. The openers (Asking Alexandria, Born Of Osiris, and And She Whispered) were pretty awful in my opinion, but they seemed to please the crowd (which was very young)

01. Now Let Them Tremble (intro)
02. For We Are Many
03. Six
04. Forever in Your Hands
05. Before the Damned
06. Aggressive Opposition
07. Chiron
08. The Air That I Breathe
09. Hold On
10. Dead Wrong
11. This Calling
12. Become the Catalyst
13. Some of the People, All of the Time
14. Not Alone
15. This Darkened Heart
16. Two Weeks

Indestructible
11-01-2010, 04:06 PM
01. Now Let Them Tremble (intro)
02. For We Are Many
03. Six
05. Before the Damned
07. Chiron
08. The Air That I Breathe
11. This Calling
12. Become the Catalyst
15. This Darkened Heart
16. Two Weeks

All good song selections.

MPF
11-01-2010, 04:14 PM
I have a good feeling that all but 1, maybe 2 songs pre TFOI will ever be played again.

Kapper
11-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I have a good feeling that all but 1, maybe 2 songs pre TFOI will ever be played again.

yeah agreed dude, you gotta think that a huge chunk of their fanbase was gathered after the release of The Fall of Ideals

jd091
11-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Band: All That Remains
The openers (Asking Alexandria, Born Of Osiris, and And She Whispered) were pretty awful in my opinion, but they seemed to please the crowd (which was very young)

Yeah... I'm seeing this tour in a couple of weeks and this is what I'm worried about. All 3 of those bands are super-scene, ESPECIALLY Asking Alexandria. I actually don't mind Born of Osiris, since they have some pretty awesome technical guitar riffs going on in their songs, but they still attract those deathcore-scene-karate-kids. Ugh. Gross.

AA is such a shittier, lower genre of music than All That Remains. Really not looking forward to that... but on the lighter side, maybe all the scene kids will leave for All That Remains! :party::party::party:

Such a shame. Those were such sick albums. TFOI is pretty awesome too imao, but Overcome super, super mediocre. Reminded me how Trivium shot themselves to Hell with The Crusade. Haven't listened much to For We Are Many, yet. Perhaps this show will influence my decision on getting it? Methinks so. "For We Are Many" is :rocker:, but "Hold On" is uber:wtf:. Shatty song. I can't stand albums that have shitty filler songs in them.

x-voltage
11-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Ya, it's too bad that nothing off This Darkened Heart will get played again (maybe once in awhile like the title track on this set). It's a great metal album. I would love for them to throw Passion in there. It is a great set though. I just bought the new album and they played my 5 favorite songs from it (not Hold On though). Some of the People, All of the Time is one of the best tracks they've released in my opinion, and I couldn't imagine the end breakdown live. It's amazingly brutal. :rocker:

jd091
11-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Some of the People, All of the Time is one of the best tracks they've released in my opinion, and I couldn't imagine the end breakdown live. It's amazingly brutal. :rocker:

Sweet Raptor Jesus that is heavy... I just looked it up right now. Damn.:blaze:

Nick_to_the_face
11-02-2010, 04:17 AM
Ugh...they're never gonna play Tattered on My Sleeve again...

ChildrenofSodom
11-02-2010, 04:55 AM
I was going to go to see this show here in Columbus, but I'm not going to pay $18 + fees to see seven songs I like and 3 shitty openers.

The_jman
11-02-2010, 10:36 AM
We can hope that maybe they'll rotate taddered on my sleave and for salvation for the title track of this darkened heart.
otherwise I like that set.

x-voltage
11-02-2010, 12:54 PM
or the darkest gray or focus shall not fail

AnthG
11-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Decent setlist I suppose. I'll still be missing out on this tour as I'm already going to 3 shows this month.

jhdeity
11-02-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm going because I was offer free tix for promoting it. Decent setlist. I agree that Some of the people and Hold on don't even sound like the same band and that SOTP is their most brutal song ever. Glad they're playing it and Hold On will be a well times beer/piss run

Dominicus 1988
11-03-2010, 01:08 AM
Ugh...they're never gonna play Tattered on My Sleeve again...

One of the best songs on one of the most underrated albums. Its a goddamn shame they dont play anything from This Darkened Heart and people just slurp up the last two horrific albums. :confused:

Dominicus 1988
11-03-2010, 01:10 AM
that SOTP is their most brutal song ever.

You have to be joking

Indestructible
11-03-2010, 02:35 AM
I like hold on, I don't know why everyone is complaining about it. I know everyone is more likly to know songs from the last 3 albums, but they have enough time in the set to do songs from all 5 albums.

The_jman
11-03-2010, 06:08 AM
I like hold on, I don't know why everyone is complaining about it. I know everyone is more likly to know songs from the last 3 albums, but they have enough time in the set to do songs from all 5 albums.
I like it too, but people don't like it because its mainstream.

MPF
11-03-2010, 01:06 PM
I like it too, but people don't like it because its mainstream.

It's not a bad song. or hell, it's not even a bad album. I'm just more upset they are going more in that direction than playing what the long time fans what to hear.

Indestructible
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Two songs from Behind Silence and Solitude and two songs from This Darkened heart and the rest of the set from the last three albums would be fine. They have enough time to do it. They can do a 20 song set in and hour and 15 minutes.

jhdeity
11-03-2010, 09:31 PM
You have to be joking

I meant their heaviest breakdown. If I just heard the last 30 seconds of that song I would have never guessed who it was.

Dominicus 1988
11-03-2010, 11:17 PM
I meant their heaviest breakdown. If I just heard the last 30 seconds of that song I would have never guessed who it was.

Alright I got you man. Yeah that end breakdown is pretty heavy but his clean vocals sound so terrible now so when I hear i I cringe and it ruins songs IMO

Weak Willed IMO is their heaviest song ever written. It doesn't need breakdowns or heavy chug riffs to be brutal either. Just awesome all around.

jhdeity
11-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Alright I got you man. Yeah that end breakdown is pretty heavy but his clean vocals sound so terrible now so when I hear i I cringe and it ruins songs IMO

Weak Willed IMO is their heaviest song ever written. It doesn't need breakdowns or heavy chug riffs to be brutal either. Just awesome all around.

Yeah I always liked the drumming in that song. I think touring with BFMV gave them an identity crisis.

Dominicus 1988
11-04-2010, 06:57 AM
Yeah I always liked the drumming in that song. I think touring with BFMV gave them an identity crisis.

After I saw them perform in February 2008 they have had horrible tour support. (Seriously, Taking Dawn?? FAIL)
I don't know whats with Phil. He has a lot of talent despite what people think. It just absolutely does not shine in the last two albums.

jd091
11-04-2010, 10:30 AM

Ugh, so true. When they want to be heavy, they can be HEAVY. But when they try the softer, poppier stuff, it doesn't work whatsoever.

jhdeity
11-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Ugh, so true. When they want to be heavy, they can be HEAVY. But when they try the softer, poppier stuff, it doesn't work whatsoever.

I agree totally. I just saw they released Hold On as a single. ughhhhh.

Not a huge fan of them on cd but most of these songs should translate well live. I've only seen them as an opener so hopefully they'll surprise me tonight

x-voltage
11-04-2010, 02:05 PM
I think the Weak Willed is their heavies song too. SOTP is the heaviest breakdown, but Phil does all different types of singing on the weak willed from deep growls to clean vocals to cradle of filth type screams.

Dominicus 1988
11-05-2010, 12:59 AM
I think the Weak Willed is their heavies song too. SOTP is the heaviest breakdown, but Phil does all different types of singing on the weak willed from deep growls to clean vocals to cradle of filth type screams.

The variety of heavy voices he can do is really impressive and really good. His clean vocals were solid on This Darkened Heart and Fall of Ideals but they went bat shit terrible in Overcome and their new album.

x-voltage
11-05-2010, 08:12 AM
That's true. I also think Phil is one of the best singers in metal when it comes to creating "catchy choruses". I think most of his choruses are enjoyable and he knows how to sing a metalcore chorus. Others are Howard Jones, Corey Taylor, Burton C. Bell.

jd091
11-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I really like other genres of metal a lot more than metalcore, but Howard Jones is a great singer. Much better than Phil, imao. But Phil is jacked and badass without a shirt so I guess he's cool too.