PDA

View Full Version : Pastor Of Muppets -- Bloomington, IN -- October 31st, 2010

JRA
10-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Yes October 31st, they went on at 1:30 AM, therefore it was the next day.

Battery
Master of Puppets
The Four Horsemen *
Motorbreath
Disposable Heroes
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Creeping Death

* Complete with the actual middle solo :party: :party: :party:

As far as "in-out-hook-em-and-cook-em" thrash shows go, you can't get much better than this folks. I suppose you could make an argument that you could sub out Motorbreath and FWTBT and put in Seek & Destroy, but that would be so many long songs. So those two compliment the set quite nicely.

This actually didn't feel so much as a "Metallica tribute show" as much as it felt like a "Suicidal Tendencies paying tribute to Metallica" show (credit to Brad for that one). And I mean that in the best way possible. The group was a five piece with the singer occasionally picking up a Telecaster (the Darkhorse ensemble guitar for thrash), to beef up the riffs (again credit to Brad for that). Otherwise he had a hardcore frontman vibe going on, and again that I mean that in the most complimentary way possible.

I gotta say I was really surprised that they stuck to Cliff period. I figured they would at least play Enter Sandman for the idiot college crowd, but I was wrong.

One weird thing they did was they played samples from "Some Kind of Monster" and a "Year and a Half" in between songs. Even before "The Good Bad and Ugly" intro piece :eyes:. Brad postulated that this was a performance art of paying tribute to when metallica used to be great while making fun of them for sucking now.

In conclusion, this show pwned. Unless Motorhead, Maiden, Priest, or Van Halen come by the IU auditorium, and I get a decent view, along with the setlist of my dreams, and the sound engineer brings his A+ game so that I can hear all the instruments crystal clear, this just be my show of the year!

DethMaiden
10-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Psht, that's not how concert times work. Still Saturday in my book. ;)

Also, this show was fucking amazing. I was in the front row and the singer would put the mic in people's faces who were spazzing out so I'd say I sang about 5% of each song right into the mic, the rest at the top of my lungs. My throat hurts. SO much fun.

ChildrenofSodom
10-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Didn't know Jim Henson went to Seminary school.

JRA
10-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Not this time. They didn't have a setlist on the stage.

mankvill
10-30-2010, 11:30 PM
Awesoooome. I wanna see a 'tallica cover band so bad. Probably better than the current real thing.

DethMaiden
10-30-2010, 11:51 PM
Oh, also:

Openers were Bluerton, a Weezer tribute band, who played Buddy Holly, Say It Isn't So, and other old shit and made fun of the new shit, and Citizen Dick, a Singles soundtrack cover band who butchered "Would?" and made me not care about the rest of their set.

Also, Pastor of Muppets intro'd with The Ecstasy of Gold, not The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Nitpicking, but those are very different songs, friendo. ;)

metallicbrian666
10-31-2010, 06:52 AM
"I suppose you could make an argument that you could sub out Motorbreath and FWTBT and put in Seek & Destroy"

Why the fuck would anyone want to sub out Motorbreath? Only songs I could possibly think of being worth replacing it are Frayed Ends Of Sanity, Phantom Lord, and Metal Militia.

MetalIsArt
10-31-2010, 08:43 AM
Awesoooome. I wanna see a 'tallica cover band so bad. Probably better than the current real thing.

Cool story bro.

mankvill
10-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Cool story bro.

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp342/Jisaku/Kuso/1280723106071.jpg

MetalIsArt
11-01-2010, 12:55 AM
Haha, no actually I don't care.

darkguardian50
11-01-2010, 04:39 AM
"I suppose you could make an argument that you could sub out Motorbreath and FWTBT and put in Seek & Destroy"

Why the fuck would anyone want to sub out Motorbreath? Only songs I could possibly think of being worth replacing it are Frayed Ends Of Sanity, Phantom Lord, and Metal Militia.

No Remorse, Jump in the Fire, Ride the Lightning, Kthulu, Fight Fire With Fire. Yea I'm kinda with the OP about Motorbreath. Never was a favorite of mine. Even from Kill Em All its pretty far down the list for me. FWTBT..well its overplayed but its also amazing so yeah..

I love the band name.

troythompson
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Psht, that's not how concert times work. Still Saturday in my book. ;)

Also, this show was fucking amazing. I was in the front row and the singer would put the mic in people's faces who were spazzing out so I'd say I sang about 5% of each song right into the mic, the rest at the top of my lungs. My throat hurts. SO much fun.

I was fortunate enough to be the above mentioned singer. It is incredible to read such kind words from folks on this site. I definitely feel that I should be thanking all the people that came out and made it such an amazingly fun night. So thank you! (especially the couple people that answered the call and came up front to help out with vox! couldn't have done it without you!)

DethMaiden
11-01-2010, 02:06 PM
I was fortunate enough to be the above mentioned singer. It is incredible to read such kind words from folks on this site. I definitely feel that I should be thanking all the people that came out and made it such an amazingly fun night. So thank you! (especially the couple people that answered the call and came up front to help out with vox! couldn't have done it without you!)

Ah, nice! I was the dude in the Maiden hoodie with the white t-shirt under. You guys were totally fucking awesome! Feel free to play The Bishop any time. :D

P.S. - Thanks for the water. :lol: