PDA

View Full Version : Devin Townsend Project -- New York, NY -- October 28th, 2010

WhoahVal
10-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Addicted!
Supercrush!
Kingdom
Deadhead
Truth
Om
By Your Command
Life
Gaia
Bad Devil
-----------------
Bend it Like Bender! (first time ever played live!!)
Color Your World
The Greys
Deep Peace

makethemsuffer12
10-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Bend it Like Bender! (first time ever played live!!)

Of course I would miss this. :bouville: But this isn't the first time it's been played, I've seen footage of him playing it live. Though this is probably the first time it's been played in the US.

TonyD
10-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Ah fuck you guys

ShatteredFlame
10-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Of course I would miss this. :bouville: But this isn't the first time it's been played, I've seen footage of him playing it live. Though this is probably the first time it's been played in the US.
Really? He said it himself that this was the first time they've played it before and he wasn't ready to do Anneke's vocals so he just got them on tape. But seriously that part was great, IIRC I think it was the song where some kid in a hotdog suit got up on stage and started rocking out! Good times!

But seriously this had to be one of the best performances I've ever seen. My favorite part was Gaia, incredibly fun live!

makethemsuffer12
10-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Really? He said it himself that this was the first time they've played it before and he wasn't ready to do Anneke's vocals so he just got them on tape. But seriously that part was great, IIRC I think it was the song where some kid in a hotdog suit got up on stage and started rocking out! Good times!

But seriously this had to be one of the best performances I've ever seen. My favorite part was Gaia, incredibly fun live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQjrcifAzag

Still bummed that I missed this. But he should tour again for Deconstruction/Ghost, so I'll catch him then. Though Addicted is probably my favorite Devy album, so I would hope that he still plays some of that stuff the next time around.

ShatteredFlame
10-29-2010, 11:47 AM
hmm...he lied lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKmM7kLq5Y

video of it w/ hot dog kid! :party:

makethemsuffer12
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
hmm...he lied lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCKmM7kLq5Y

video of it w/ hot dog kid! :party:

I watched that... It made me very sad :(

MPF
10-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Dev played Bend It Like Bender as the last song on the Australian tour.

Northern_Shaman
10-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Wow, I'm so jealous. I really wanted to hear Bender! It's such a fun song.. He must have meant it's the first time he's played it live on this specific tour.

Polock91
10-30-2010, 10:18 AM
He was probably referring to them playing it for the first time with the guitar player who recorded it with him on the record, Mark Cimino.

JuuKun
10-30-2010, 11:11 AM
He was probably referring to them playing it for the first time with the guitar player who recorded it with him on the record, Mark Cimino.

Saw him in Worcester last night, same set. Before playing Bend It Like Bender, Devin mentioned that it was only the second time they had played it in the US. So, I'd imagine that's what he meant at this show as well.