PDA

View Full Version : Dream Lamb of God

jd091
10-29-2010, 01:16 AM
In my opinion, some of LOG's greatest songs are never played. Ever. This will change:

Ruin -> As the Palaces Burn
A Warning
In the Absence of the Sacred
The Faded Line
Blood of the Scribe
Bloodletting
Ashes of the Wake -> Remorse is for the Dead
Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard
Confessional
A Devil In God's Country
11th Hour

Encore:
Black Label (duh)

But then... SECOND ENCORE:
VIGIL:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Yeah, thats right. Finish with fuckin' Vigil. That song ends PERFECTLY; why they don't close with it baffles me.

You might notice that I did not include any songs from Sacrament or Wrath. Here's how I feel about the songwriting on those albums:

:finger2:

Indestructible
10-29-2010, 03:47 AM
You might notice that I did not include any songs from Sacrament or Wrath. Here's how I feel about the songwriting on those albums:

Sacrament and Wrath are two of LOGS best albums. Way better than anything from New American Gosple and the Burn The Priest days.

daimonos
10-29-2010, 06:08 AM
In my opinion, some of LOG's greatest songs are never played. Ever. This will change:

Ruin -> As the Palaces Burn
A Warning
In the Absence of the Sacred
The Faded Line
Blood of the Scribe
Bloodletting
Ashes of the Wake -> Remorse is for the Dead
Confessional
A Devil In God's Country
11th Hour

Encore:
Black Label (duh)

But then... SECOND ENCORE:
VIGIL:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Yeah, thats right. Finish with fuckin' Vigil. That song ends PERFECTLY; why they don't close with it baffles me.

Great set. The early albums definitely are better. I do enjoy Wrath and Sacrament, but Sacrament is their worst album.

Sacrament and Wrath are two of LOGS best albums. Way better than anything from New American Gosple and the Burn The Priest days.

Incorrect.

Nick_to_the_face
10-29-2010, 08:16 AM

No :finger2:

Anyway here goes:

The Passing/ In Your Words
Again We Will Rise
Hourglass
Laid To Rest
Ruin
Contractor
11th Hour
The Faded Line
Dimera
Pariah
Boot Scraper
Walk With Me in Hell
Beating on Death's Door
Omerta
Bloodletting
Redneck
Grace
Confessional
Terror and Hubris in The House of Frank Pollard

Encore
Reclamation
Lies of Autumn
The Subtle Arts of Murder and Persuasion
Vigil
Black Label

hmmm i dont know, i can do better plus it's unrealistically long..but i wouldnt mind if they played this set :D

Indestructible
10-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Contractor
Again We Rise
Ruin
Set To Fail
Hourglass
As The Palaces Burn
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Now You've got Something To Die For
Laid To Rest
Broken Hands
Terror & Hubris In The House Of Frank Pollard
Omerta
The Faded Line
In Your Words
Foot To Throat
Dead Seeds
An Extra Nail For Your Coffin
Walk With Me In Hell

Encore
Reneck
One Gun
11th Hour

jd091
10-29-2010, 11:47 AM
The Passing/ In Your Words
Again We Will Rise
Hourglass
Laid To Rest
Ruin
Contractor
11th Hour
The Faded Line
Dimera
Pariah
Boot Scraper
Walk With Me in Hell
Beating on Death's Door
Omerta
Bloodletting
Redneck
Grace
Confessional
Terror and Hubris in The House of Frank Pollard

Encore
Reclamation
Lies of Autumn
Vigil
Black Label

WWMIH and BODD are great songs off Sacrament, as well as More Time To Kill. Although I find Contractor to be VERY simple in the songwriting, lyrically it is badass.

As for Lies and Dimera... :rocker:

I guess it's just a difference of opinion, but I felt that after Ashes, they just turned to writing songs that fit into the same mold... intro, verse, chorus, verse, chorus, middle, chorus, etc. Look at something like Vigil, or Bootscraper: the song is constantly evolving, with each section differing from the past ones. Brilliant, imao.

Also, lyically: some Randy's early stuff is just great, poetically. Just look at anything on New American Gospel. After Ashes I just felt that a lot of the songs felt similar and generic with the lyrics. As a whole, I mean; There are songs off Sacrament and Wrath that I like, but overall they are at such a lower par than the early stuff.

jd091
10-29-2010, 11:50 AM
Encore
Reneck
One Gun
11th Hour

Ballsy encore. I like it.

Indestructible
10-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Also, lyically: some Randy's early stuff is just great, poetically. Just look at anything on New American Gospel.

I can't understand anything he is saying on new american gosple. That's the only reason I don't like it.

Nick_to_the_face
10-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Contractor
Again We Rise
Ruin
Set To Fail
Hourglass
As The Palaces Burn
Blacken The Cursed Sun
Now You've got Something To Die For
Laid To Rest
Broken Hands
Terror & Hubris In The House Of Frank Pollard
Omerta
The Faded Line
In Your Words
Foot To Throat
Dead Seeds
An Extra Nail For Your Coffin
Walk With Me In Hell

Encore
Reneck
One Gun
11th Hour

An extra nail for your coffin :rocker:
i forgot about that song, same with Blacken the Cursed Sun

but broken hands, thats one of my least favorite, if not my least favorite off of Wrath, I personally think Reclamation and Grace are the best 2 off of wrath

Indestructible
10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
i forgot about that song, same with Blacken the Cursed Sun

but broken hands, thats one of my least favorite, if not my least favorite off of Wrath, I personally think Reclamation and Grace are the best 2 off of wrath

Broken hands is one of my favorites from wrath. Along With Reclamation,In your words and Contractor.

jd091
10-29-2010, 02:30 PM

Hell yeah, that song is awesome. The lyrics make me want to punch a baby or something.

I can't understand anything he is saying on new american gosple. That's the only reason I don't like it.

True, but once you look up the lyrics, its like "Shit. This guy writes some deep stuff". I feel like we lost some of that deepness in the last 4 years.

Indestructible
10-29-2010, 04:27 PM
True, but once you look up the lyrics, its like "Shit. This guy writes some deep stuff".

I read this on a site called metal archives

"The song "Letter to the Unborn" contains no lyrics to read in the book of the
CD. The song indeed has lyrics but according to Blythe, the song is very
personal concerning the death of his daughter with his ex-wife. They were
written before she was born. Because of all of this, he didn't want the lyrics
to be reprinted or read"

Assuming his child was stillborn and the wife died soon after that. Help on the story if anyone knows more.

daimonos
10-29-2010, 04:37 PM

to be reprinted or read"

Assuming his child was stillborn and the wife died soon after that. Help on the story if anyone knows more.

In the thanks in the booklet he lists something about the daughter. Awhile ago when I read it I wasn't able to find much on the internet about it, but I'm pretty sure you're right about the stillborn thing.

Nick_to_the_face
10-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Hell yeah, that song is awesome. The lyrics make me want to punch a baby or something.

True, but once you look up the lyrics, its like "Shit. This guy writes some deep stuff". I feel like we lost some of that deepness in the last 4 years.

Fuck ya, to bad it's only on the Japanese version :mad:

and ya it really is...anymore the songs are pretty much simple lyrically...i mean really....its all about being mad about someone or something like that

Nick_to_the_face
10-29-2010, 06:16 PM

to be reprinted or read"

His daughter was still born and the song is like a letter he wrote to her, im not sure about the ex wife thing though...but i know for sure his daughter had died and thats a letter to her

jd091
10-29-2010, 09:38 PM
His daughter was still born and the song is like a letter he wrote to her, im not sure about the ex wife thing though...but i know for sure his daughter had died and thats a letter to her

I don't have the booklets with me right now, so somebody help me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe If you look at the thanks section in the backs, it helps clarify stuff a bit. From what I remember, Randy says in *I believe* New American Gospel something along the lines of "thanks to my wife [so and so] for all the support I love you" and in the next album, the thanks read, "No thanks to [so and so] you were a complete bitch", implying that they perhaps divorced afterwards. That's pretty common after the death of a child.

Again, I don't have the booklets with me so if someone could verify that for me it would be great. And if you don't have the booklets because you pirated th music, then I hope you get fucked with a red hot iron poker.

Indestructible
10-29-2010, 10:09 PM
And if you don't have the booklets because you pirated th music, then I hope you get fucked with a red hot iron poker.

People wouldn't pirate if people could afford to buy things. Can someone tell me exactly what is wrong with downloading.

Nick_to_the_face
10-30-2010, 12:08 AM
People wouldn't pirate if people could afford to buy things. Can someone tell me exactly what is wrong with downloading.

Thank you!! i say 35 dollar tickets and 30 dollar shirts and 15 dollar dvds are enough..you can spare a 10 dollar cd

jd091
10-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Thank you!! i say 35 dollar tickets and 30 dollar shirts and 15 dollar dvds are enough..you can spare a 10 dollar cd

I would be lying if I said I was innocent from piracy, but LOG is just so amazing that I love having the physical copies of their CD's. Only a couple bands are like that for me: LOG, Opeth, Mastodon, and Metallica.

Nick_to_the_face
10-30-2010, 02:58 PM
I would be lying if I said I was innocent from piracy, but LOG is just so amazing that I love having the physical copies of their CD's. Only a couple bands are like that for me: LOG, Opeth, Mastodon, and Metallica.

Never heard much of Opeth, I love Mastodon, i dont like Metallica anymore...

makethemsuffer12
10-30-2010, 03:21 PM

Well, to state the obvious, it's stealing. Now I'm not saying that I'm so innocent myself, but the end of the day, stealing is stealing. Now at this point downloading is so commonplace that there isn't a big fuss made about it anymore. Though the good thing to have come out of it is that music is easier to get out there and to aquire, leading people to discover and support more bands by buying merch, going to shows, etc. So in a way it's good for exposure, but in the end it's still technically illegal.

JRA
10-30-2010, 04:15 PM
The Passing/In Your Words
Set To Fail
Walk With Me In Hell
Blacken The Cursed Sun
**John bass solo**
ODHGABFE
Contractor
Break You
Paraiah
**Chris drum solo**
Omerta
Vigil
11th hour
Pathetic
**Willie guitar solo**
**Mark guitar solo**
Bootscraper
**Randy fight solo**
Fight (Motorhead cover)
Fighting The World (Manowar cover)
Fight to Survive (White Lion cover)
Fight Til Death (Slayer cover)
Street Fighting Man (Rolling Stones Cover)
Fight The Power (Public Enemy cover)
D-Generation X theme song
Shawn Michaels theme song
Stone Cold Steve Austin theme song
Hulk Hogan theme song
Now You've Got Something To Die For
Reclamation
Laid To Rest
=================
As The Palaces Burn
Redneck
Black Label

Jochen
10-30-2010, 05:14 PM
Hourglass
In Defense of Our Good Name
Walk With Me in Hell
As the Palaces Burn
Ruin
Something to Die For
Blacken the Cursed Sun
Pariah
11th Hour
The Faded Line
Laid to Rest
Vigil
Redneck
Black Label

jd091
10-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Hourglass
In Defense of Our Good Name
Walk With Me in Hell
As the Palaces Burn
Ruin
Something to Die For
Blacken the Cursed Sun
Pariah
11th Hour
The Faded Line
Laid to Rest
Vigil
Redneck
Black Label

:rocker:

Indestructible
10-30-2010, 10:42 PM
"The sore on the edge of your mouth it mirror the ones on your arm of black tar you've known the
ripping.
And I've seen you pissing your condition into the dirt.
I know you don't want to live in the dirt you want to know nothing but dirt you know you can't
beat weakness.
Kill the flux. Stretched to breaking an obscene canvas on a stretcher of parasitism.
You piece of shit I won't say your name but I will say this- FUCK OFF AND DIE (sooner the
better).
You've shot out your eyes but I'm seeing that you cannot feel anything of worth.
Know that you've pissed life away, lost in your narcotic dreams.
Heart pumping futile shit through your veins.
Why does it bother? I want to punch in your sunken face and see your dusty blood smear through
the air in a polluted crimson arc,
splattering in a useless pattern on the concrete.-Lamb of God Pariah

These are Awsome lyrics. I wish he said them clearer so I could understand them. My favorite part of the lyrics are in bold.

jd091
10-31-2010, 12:53 AM
These are Awsome lyrics. I wish he said them clearer so I could understand them. My favorite part of the lyrics are in bold.

Yeah, thats exactly what I'm talking about. Seriously, can you describe an arc of blood any more poetically than that?

It would be awesome if they re-recorded New American Gospel. It would sound so much more heavier with their current guitar tones, and Randy pronouncing everything correctly. There's great songwriting overall on that album; the piss-poor recording equipment made it sound muddied down. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure they recorded everything in 1 take, in 1 weekend or something because they had like no money. Adds to the grittiness, but still... a re-recorded version would sound :rocker:

Indestructible
10-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Yeah, thats exactly what I'm talking about. Seriously, can you describe an arc of blood any more poetically than that?

It would be awesome if they re-recorded New American Gospel. It would sound so much more heavier with their current guitar tones, and Randy pronouncing everything correctly. There's great songwriting overall on that album; the piss-poor recording equipment made it sound muddied down. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure they recorded everything in 1 take, in 1 weekend or something because they had like no money. Adds to the grittiness, but still... a re-recorded version would sound :rocker:

I always thought they should. rerecord new american gosple with the way randy growls now.

Nick_to_the_face
11-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I always thought they should. rerecord new american gosple with the way randy growls now.

It would be badass, then maybe they would play more songs off of it as well..

Indestructible
11-01-2010, 08:30 AM
It would be badass, then maybe they would play more songs off of it as well..
More fans should suggjest that.

stevepwn
11-03-2010, 07:39 PM
ruin
goatfish
hourglass
laid to rest
what i've become
departure hymn
omerta
one gun
redneck
terror and hubris
black label

jd091
11-04-2010, 12:00 AM
ruin
goatfish
hourglass
laid to rest
what i've become
departure hymn
omerta
one gun
redneck
terror and hubris
black label

Wow, this is probably the most badass set I've seen yet. "What I've Become" and "One Gun" are sick songs off of AoTW (although I would like to see Laid to Rest and Hourglass swept out for anther two from NAG and ATPB).

Props to the Burn the Priest songs. Another one thrown in there, maybe Dimera, would be even more badass :rocker:

Nick_to_the_face
11-04-2010, 08:09 PM
just realized i forgot to put my favorite BTP song :eek:

BUCKEYE :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Nick_to_the_face
11-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Wow, this is probably the most badass set I've seen yet. "What I've Become" and "One Gun" are sick songs off of AoTW (although I would like to see Laid to Rest and Hourglass swept out for anther two from NAG and ATPB).

Props to the Burn the Priest songs. Another one thrown in there, maybe Dimera, would be even more badass :rocker:

Throw in the Ballad of Kansas City :rocker: