PDA

View Full Version : Cattle Decapitation -- Seattle, WA -- October 28th, 2010

NecroRob
10-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Got to the venue a bit later than I would've really liked to, so I missed Bloodhunger, Slaughterbox, and Son of Aurelius. SoA was the band besides Cattle that I had come to see, so I was pretty pissed.

Burning the Masses started almost the instant I got into the venue. They were ok I guess. They do have a lot of talent. There was this one HxC dancing kid that was going ape shit during their set, at least during the breakdowns. He was one of those kids that sits around looking all bored during the actual music and stars flailing around like a maniac during the breakdowns. It was pretty embarrassing.

Next was Knights of the Abyss. Pretty generic stuff from them. Even the HxC dancing kid seemed to dislike them, as there weren't enough generic breakdowns for his liking.

Then came the brutal slam masters themselves, Devourment. And honestly coming into the show I really wasn't a fan of their music, but seeing them tonight made me a fan. Everyone was going absolutely ballistic for the entire set. They were fucking awesome. Don't know their first song, but the rest of their set was...

Serial Cocksucker
Fucked to Death
Babykiller :rocker:
Fed to the Pigs
Choking on Bile

This was my first time seeing Cattle Decap and I was right up front center to witness it. You can't beat having Travis scream like a fucking possessed insane asylum patient while dribbling spit all over himself and spitting water right in your face :horns:

Gardeners of Eden
A Body Farm
To Serve Man
I Eat Your Skin
Tooth Enamel and Concrete :rocker:
The Ripe Beneath the Rind :rocker:
Total Gore
The Product Alive
Testicular Manslaughter
Karma Bloody Karma
Regret and the Grave
Into the Public Bath :rocker:

I got a Cattle Decap logo Hoodie for $25.

mankvill
10-29-2010, 12:31 AM
That's a great Devourment set. Serial Cocksucker is great and Babykiller is one of the best live songs ever, I can tell!

Awesome Cattle set too. Tooth Ename > Ripe Beneath The Rind is WAY awesome. I love The Harvest Floor, but I think on the next tour, they need to change it up a bit.

NecroRob
10-29-2010, 12:42 AM
Awesome Cattle set too. Tooth Ename > Ripe Beneath The Rind is WAY awesome. I love The Harvest Floor, but I think on the next tour, they need to change it up a bit.

Travis said they probably wouldn't be back for a year or so because they're gonna be at home writing and recording a new album :D

christopher
10-29-2010, 01:09 AM
I'm soo fucking pissed Devourment is playing the Hollywood show on this tour:mad: I have a fucking Physics midterm the next morning at 10am. I go to school fucking 15 minutes from Hesperia, ughh!!! It's been 4 years since I have seen Devourment. I need another dose of this shit. I'll probably make it anyways.

jd091
10-29-2010, 01:32 AM
I'm soo fucking pissed Devourment is playing the Hollywood show on this tour:mad: I have a fucking Physics midterm the next morning at 10am. I go to school fucking 15 minutes from Hesperia, ughh!!! It's been 4 years since I have seen Devourment. I need another dose of this shit. I'll probably make it anyways.

School? More important than metal? What planet do you live on, I inquire?
:D

mastodon421
10-29-2010, 06:46 AM
That's an awesome Cattle set. Wish this tour came through MA, I would have loved to see Cattle again. Also can't wait for the new record:rocker:.

bt11763
10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
yeah this was a great show when i saw it, i felt the same way about devourment going in, but their live show definitely made me a fan. cattle decap was honestly one of the better live bands i've seen, very pleasantly surprised. and i got the "Inhuman Centipede" shirt for $15 :D

the chewbacca defense
10-29-2010, 03:05 PM
There was this one HxC dancing kid that was going ape shit during their set, at least during the breakdowns. He was one of those kids that sits around looking all bored during the actual music and stars flailing around like a maniac during the breakdowns. It was pretty embarrassing.

god i hate those douchebags at shows that feature any band that could be considered "scene" or "Deathcore". Someone should beat the shit out of them

jd091
10-29-2010, 03:15 PM
There was this one HxC dancing kid that was going ape shit during their set, at least during the breakdowns. He was one of those kids that sits around looking all bored during the actual music and stars flailing around like a maniac during the breakdowns. It was pretty embarrassing.

god i hate those douchebags at shows that feature any band that could be considered "scene" or "Deathcore". Someone should beat the shit out of them

Its a shame, really. I might get flak for saying this, but there's some deathcore I really like. Winds of Plague, for example- their ability of mold symphonic metal with deathcore is really cool imo. Unfortunately, for the reason you just said, I'm put off to see them live.

Why the fuck do people need to do that? Moshing is fun. Relatively safe. Everybody is out to have a good time and support each other. When you turn that around and are on a powertrip to punch your fellow metal brothers and sisters, it goes against everything this awesome genre of music represents for us. We're all in the same boat here.

mankvill
10-29-2010, 04:41 PM
Its a shame, really. I might get flak for saying this, but there's some deathcore I really like. Winds of Plague, for example- their ability of mold symphonic metal with deathcore is really cool imo. Unfortunately, for the reason you just said, I'm put off to see them live.

Why the fuck do people need to do that? Moshing is fun. Relatively safe. Everybody is out to have a good time and support each other. When you turn that around and are on a powertrip to punch your fellow metal brothers and sisters, it goes against everything this awesome genre of music represents for us. We're all in the same boat here.

I saw Obituary w/ Unleashed and Carnifex opened up and there was ONE 5 foot scene kid with a bandana over his face hardcore dancing during them. It was pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

NecroRob
10-29-2010, 08:19 PM
I saw Obituary w/ Unleashed and Carnifex opened up and there was ONE 5 foot scene kid with a bandana over his face hardcore dancing during them. It was pathetic and hilarious at the same time.

And then he left right? That's what they always do, watch their deathcore bands open, go ape shit, leave before the good bands play.

jd091
10-29-2010, 09:51 PM

Were the promoters high when they booked this? Carnifex has no place whatsoever on that bill. I would have been offended to have to stand through that.

daimonos
10-29-2010, 10:26 PM
At the Opeth/Enslaved show there was one kid who was hardcore dancing all night.

That was a :wtf: moment

jd091
10-29-2010, 10:34 PM
At the Opeth/Enslaved show there was one kid who was hardcore dancing all night.

That was a :wtf: moment

Wait, is this a fucking joke? Hilarious! That has to be the greatest WTF moment I have ever heard. Ever.

mankvill
10-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Were the promoters high when they booked this? Carnifex has no place whatsoever on that bill. I would have been offended to have to stand through that.

The actual tour was Obituary/Unleashed/Carnifex and then locals.

Good thing Obituary and Unleashed was one of the best concerts!

bassmasta257
10-30-2010, 07:46 AM
there was also a kid hardcore dancing at my date of the Immolation tour, he was taken out within 5 seconds:party:

mastodon421
10-30-2010, 08:57 AM
The funniest hardcore dancing incident I have ever seen was this year at Summer Slaughter. A kid started to hxc dance during The Red Chord and this big dude picked him up over his head and placed him outside of the pit, It was fucking hysterical.

christopher
10-30-2010, 02:04 PM
School? More important than metal? What planet do you live on, I inquire?
:D

hahaha! Seriously. I used to be the one saying that to people missing shows because of school. I've seen Cattle around 10 times and its usually the same songs, so thats the main reason why I'm not too bummed bout missing them. It just sucks bout Devourment, but I've seen them live already. I'm taking school seriously now cause I let my GPA drop way too much because of going to shows too often. I want to get my Physics degree hopefully in two years unless too much good shit comes to town haha