PDA

View Full Version : DEATH - Live In Japan DVD

ravenheart
10-28-2010, 12:25 AM
December 7th in the US via MVD, DEATH's Live In Japan DVD is being released. The 1995 TV broadcast runs 77 minutes and features the following tracklisting:

'Spiritual Healing'
'The Philosopher'
'Suicide Machine'
'Crystal Mountain'
'Jealousy'
'Zero Tolerance'
'Lack Of Comprehension'
'Flattening Of Emotions'
'Empty Words'
'Open Casket'
'Symbolic'
'Zombie Ritual'
'Pull The Plug'

An excerpt from a press release reads: Founded by guitarist/vocalist/song-writer Chuck Schuldiner, Death blended mature, structured musicianship with assaulting aggression, an influential style of precision and an infinite frontier of thought provoking subject matter from their very inception in 1983. The band's potency instantly earned them respect worldwide. With seven LP's each capitalizing upon the last, and a planet of dedicated Death devotees, Schuldiner had an entirely new musical agenda; an extension of the larger-than-life blue prints drawn up during his years with Death.

JRA
10-28-2010, 08:40 AM
Since when do you like Death?

Anyways, this news is random, but awesome. :rocker:

ravenheart
10-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Since when do you like Death?

Anyways, this news is random, but awesome. :rocker:

Oh I always didn't mind them, but then, I don't always only post news I get about bands I like.

ravenheart
10-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Also, lol:

Eric Greif, Esq., President of Perseverance Holdings Ltd. (which runs everything related to late DEATH/CONTROL DENIED legend Chuck Schuldiner's intellectual property) and the former manager of Death:

"(The DVD) is an unauthorized bootleg and we are taking swift action to stop this release. This is the sort of thing that would make Chuck go crazy - to see such sick exploitation without any thought or regard."

daimonos
10-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Also, lol:

Eric Greif, Esq., President of Perseverance Holdings Ltd. (which runs everything related to late DEATH/CONTROL DENIED legend Chuck Schuldiner's intellectual property) and the former manager of Death:

"(The DVD) is an unauthorized bootleg and we are taking swift action to stop this release. This is the sort of thing that would make Chuck go crazy - to see such sick exploitation without any thought or regard."

Damnit, I was excited.

JRA
10-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Well that sucks.

Nick_to_the_face
10-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Well I was excited for about 30 seconds :bouville:

Natrlhi
10-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Well I was excited for about 30 seconds :bouville:So was I. Then I got dejected for about fifteen seconds until I realized that it will surely come out on the Internet somehow or other, so I'll just have to get my hands on it by any means necessary. Not a problem. (Yes, for this band I would lie, cheat, steal and hooliganize my fucking ass off.) :D

ravenheart
10-29-2010, 01:11 AM
There are a few "labels" who are constantly putting TV and other bootleg sources broadcasts on DVD, illegally, selling them as rare live performances etc. With channels like WDR in Germany broadcasting a lot of complete sets from various festivals every year, they've had a ready supply for some time. And they're usually not even from a pure TV recording, they're usually some digital conversion to AVI or something shit.

All of these things turn up in a proper DVD format with no conversion all of the time (I have most of them), so I have no doubt the Death one will too.

Or the Chuck's estate will own a real copy and release it themselves instead (they really should be releasing more stuff). I wouldn't worry.

darkguardian50
10-29-2010, 01:35 AM
I hope we see this released properly soon. Maybe I'm a homer but I still think Death is one of the best death metal bands of all time.

Nick_to_the_face
10-29-2010, 06:57 AM
(Yes, for this band I would lie, cheat, steal and hooliganize my fucking ass off.) :D

Fuck ya man :D

JLRedWing13
10-30-2010, 09:16 PM
When it does get released, I will buy it. I can never have enough Death material.