PDA

View Full Version : Paul Di'Anno to perform first Iron Maiden album in full on US tour

JuuKun
10-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno will perform the band's classic self-titled debut album in its entirety for the first time ever in the USA plus select cuts from "Killers" during his upcoming tour in December/January. Support on the trek will come from Pittsburgh traditional metallers ICARUS WITCH.

Di'Anno's booking agency, Artists Worldwide, has released the following dates to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

Dec. 20 - Foxboro, MA @ Showcase Live
Dec. 21 - New York, NY @ B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
Dec. 22 - Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony
Dec. 23 - Baltimore, MD @ Bourbon Street
Dec. 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
Dec. 25 - Chicago, IL @ Reggies
Dec. 26 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Dec. 28 - [to be announced]
Dec. 30 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Jan. 05 - West Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
Jan. 06 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre

Maiden33
10-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Former IRON MAIDEN singer Paul Di'Anno will perform the band's classic self-titled debut album in its entirety for the first time ever in the USA plus select cuts from "Killers" during his upcoming tour in December/January. Support on the trek will come from Pittsburgh traditional metallers ICARUS WITCH.

Di'Anno's booking agency, Artists Worldwide, has released the following dates to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

Dec. 20 - Foxboro, MA @ Showcase Live
Dec. 21 - New York, NY @ B.B. King Blues Club & Grill
Dec. 22 - Asbury Park, NJ @ Stone Pony
Dec. 23 - Baltimore, MD @ Bourbon Street
Dec. 24 - Cleveland, OH @ Agora Ballroom
Dec. 25 - Chicago, IL @ Reggies
Dec. 26 - St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
Dec. 28 - [to be announced]
Dec. 30 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Jan. 05 - West Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
Jan. 06 - Santa Ana, CA @ Galaxy Theatre

Let me know how well those bolded shows do. :tp:

makethemsuffer12
10-27-2010, 06:10 PM

I'm sure someone'll go. The Jews can be down with Di'Anno, right?

elturtleboy
10-27-2010, 06:25 PM
:eek:

mankvill
10-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Sad.

IrritatedTrout
10-27-2010, 06:36 PM
L O L

Magson13
10-27-2010, 07:45 PM
Saw him back in January.... It was a great show, but it was a good move to have it in a bar, for only $15.... lol

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2010, 07:48 PM

I bet no more than 5 people show up. :lol:

rjmartinez91
10-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Oh sheet. :lol:

SomewhereInTime72
10-27-2010, 08:26 PM
:zzz:

elturtleboy
10-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Oh sheet. :lol:

:finger2:

es156
10-27-2010, 08:39 PM

Yeah, I would definitely catch this tour if I could, but there is no way I will be at Reggie's on Christmas Day. Seriously, what kind of fool books a concert on Christmas Day??

It seems like Blind Guardian played Chicago on Thanksgiving day a few years ago. I wonder how many people showed up for that show.

:hecho:

Maiden33
10-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Yeah, I would definitely catch this tour if I could, but there is no way I will be at Reggie's on Christmas Day. Seriously, what kind of fool books a concert on Christmas Day??

It seems like Blind Guardian played Chicago on Thanksgiving day a few years ago. I wonder how many people showed up for that show.

:hecho:

Well, Blind Guardian is worth missing Thanksgiving dinner for. They are amazing live and only tour here once every 4 years. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Paul DiAnno? Fuck no. He's lucky if he can get people to come see him to begin with.

bt11763
10-27-2010, 09:02 PM
#quitwhileyou'rebehind

Magson13
10-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Thanksgiving dinner is usually at like, 4ish. ANd shows start at like, 7-8ish. You can totally do both..... lol. Christmas is usually over by noon, you just eat and whatnot after that.... Both can easily be done. Or if you're jewish, easy front spot. Lol

rjturtle9
10-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Ima go in my Number of the Beast shirt :tongue:

Turtle Boy, your not invited.

davidis138
10-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Key Club! It's the first album with the original singer doing a half-full job; good enough for me. It's not like actual Maiden plays "Strange World" on a nightly basis.

elturtleboy
10-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Ima go in my Number of the Beast shirt :tongue:

Turtle Boy, your not invited.

Man,Fuck You!:finger:

Key Club! It's the first album with the original singer doing a half-full job; good enough for me. It's not like actual Maiden plays "Strange World" on a nightly basis.

Finally someone that appreciates Di'Anno as much as i do.:rocker:

DethMaiden
10-28-2010, 11:06 AM
Well, Blind Guardian is worth missing Thanksgiving dinner for. They are amazing live and only tour here once every 4 years. I would do it in a heartbeat.

Paul DiAnno? Fuck no. He's lucky if he can get people to come see him to begin with.

So it has nothing to do with the principle of booking a gig on a big national holiday, and is all about your personal taste. Not sure I can get behind that argument.

Maiden33
10-28-2010, 12:24 PM
So it has nothing to do with the principle of booking a gig on a big national holiday, and is all about your personal taste. Not sure I can get behind that argument.

Calm down dude, haha.

I'm just saying:

Blind Guardian tours the US, and sells out 1,200-capacity venues. They are worshipped by the majority of their fanbase, and only allow the option to see them once every 4 years.

Paul DiAnno tours the US, and fills about half of an 800-capacity club. He is generally viewed as a washed up hack who keeps rehashing the same 15 Maiden songs, trying to continue a career from them. Also, he JUST toured the US a few months ago.

...Seems pretty clear to me which one is in better shape to take a chance and book a show on a holiday.

DethMaiden
10-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Calm down dude, haha.

I'm just saying:

Blind Guardian tours the US, and sells out 1,200-capacity venues. They are worshipped by the majority of their fanbase, and only allow the option to see them once every 4 years.

Paul DiAnno tours the US, and fills about half of an 800-capacity club. He is generally viewed as a washed up hack who keeps rehashing the same 15 Maiden songs, trying to continue a career from them. Also, he JUST toured the US a few months ago.

...Seems pretty clear to me which one is in better shape to take a chance and book a show on a holiday.

True, but I kind of thought you were breaking it down to the actual principle of the thing.

Personally, I probably wouldn't go to a Christmas or Thanksgiving show regardless of artist unless all my family dies and all my friends shun me, in which case I would probably need a lot more than a metal show to make my life seem meaningful. :eyes:

Dextrimental
10-28-2010, 02:09 PM
Id never go to a gig on a Christmas, simply because 1) it'd be poorly attended anyway, 2) the only places where a gig like that would do any good would be oplaces I wouldnt be able to get to and 3) it obviously means the artist is in some sort of trouble..

jhdeity
10-28-2010, 02:13 PM
My friends band snagged an opening slot so I'll go. Personally I'd rather hear the songs I grew up with than some of the repetative songs Maiden played on their last tour. That being said I'd rather hear all of Killers but hopefully he plays 4 or 5 cuts from that too. Low expectations should make it a fun night...

SirLardsAlot
10-28-2010, 02:40 PM
UM I will be going to this.

Wrathchild_84
10-29-2010, 12:02 PM
I hope it comes at least some what close to my area.

mankvill
10-29-2010, 12:50 PM
some of the repetative songs Maiden played on their last tour.

w

what

davidis138
10-29-2010, 03:08 PM
Finally someone that appreciates Di'Anno as much as i do.:rocker:

shit yeah dude my first maiden album was Killers and it's not like Maiden highlights their earlier, punkier past. I'm gonna go fuckin nuts durin Charlotte the Harlot :horns:

elturtleboy
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
shit yeah dude my first maiden album was Killers and it's not like Maiden highlights they're earlier, punkier past. I'm gonna go fuckin nuts durin Charlotte the Harlot :horns:

:party:

bt11763
10-29-2010, 09:18 PM
w

what

this