PDA

View Full Version : 2010-11 NBA Season

DethMaiden
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
Starts tonight at 7:30. Let's talk.

I've got Heat over Thunder in 6 in the Finals after a struggle between the Lakers and Thunder and a breeze to the top for the Heat. Yeah, I hate it, but I'm a big believer in that team.

Losing some of my home-state pride in the Cavs now that LeBron is gone, so the Spurs are taking back their mantle as my favorite team (not that I would say they ever lost it). Still hoping the Cavs can show some teams up with a weaker roster. I think the Spurs could make an unlikely finals run with Tiago Splitter coming in and George Hill and Dejuan Blair growing up, plus Parker in a contract year, Ginobili coming off of a career season and Duncan playing with some of that near-retirement fire. So excited for the season! :party:

Derelict
10-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Didn't get a chance to read/comment on your note on FB yet, but man, Turner looks like a bust

DethMaiden
10-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Didn't get a chance to read/comment on your note on FB yet, but man, Turner looks like a bust

Coulda told you that at OSU. He's designed for the college game, and in the Association he's gonna get brutalized in the post and injured in the first 15 games.

mankvill
10-26-2010, 04:52 PM
I loathe NBA, but I'm watching the Celtics/Heat game right now. Maybe I'll be a casual fan this season.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Go Mavericks!

Natrlhi
10-27-2010, 10:11 AM
I loathe NBA, but I'm watching the Celtics/Heat game right now. Maybe I'll be a casual fan this season.

I never thought in a million fucking years I would be rooting for the Celtics to win a game (or giving a fuck whether they did or not), but last night, there I was.

...and it was sweet. Take that, you egomaniacal backstabber. :bigfinger

I disagree with you, Brad. I really think the cHeat are gonna have some major issues with how to run their offense. Last night, Lebron did what he always did here - he eventually carried the entire game on his shoulders when the rest of the team faltered - and much like it used to happen in Cleveland, it wasn't quite enough. Now I'll admit that the surrounding cast he has now is much better (at least, on paper) than it was for him with the Cavs a few years ago, but in my mind, if the overall machine is having trouble, it doesn't matter if a few parts are running well. The whole thing needs to work. Of course, maybe they'll iron out these issues - who knows. Only time will tell. I honestly think there are going to be ego problems, though - I really do.

Anyway, it was nice to see Lebron have to take one on the chin in his first game with the cHeat.

Oh, and I wouldn't count the Cavs out, either. They're still a very good team. I mean, they did go 6-2 in the preseason, as compared with Miami's 3-4 record. I know the preseason doesn't really count, but still. A 6-2 record is enough to convince me that the Cavs aren't completely broken, and a 3-4 record is enough to convince me that there may be some chemistry problems with Miami. Just sayin'.

The Cavs aren't going to win the Finals this year or anything, but the tought that the team would simply crumble and implode when Lebron left is already proving to be bullshit. I actually think they're gonna give the Celtics a helluva run tonight, and they'll be a real spoiler for the entire season, methinks. They might even make the playoffs.

DethMaiden
10-27-2010, 10:19 AM
The Cavs are my 8 seed in the East, actually. Mostly because there's only seven truly good teams in the conference (Miami, Chicago, Boston, Orlando, Milwaukee, New York, Atlanta), but still.

Last night's Heat loss was a lot of fun as much as I hate the Celts, but the Lakers-Rockets game was amazing. Back-and-forth, great offense vs. great defense going both ways, big shot after big shot, high-scoring, two-point game decided on the final shot. Basically, why I love the NBA all wrapped up in one game. Bring on the rest of the season. :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Glad to see the Heat lose. Hope they lose the next 81 as well.

Natrlhi
10-27-2010, 10:46 AM
Glad to see the Heat lose. Hope they lose the next 81 as well.:agree: :D

You're welcome for Cliff Lee, by the way. Fucking stupid Indians front office... :bouville:

Derelict
10-27-2010, 10:49 AM
^^^ They can thank the phillies stupid front office too, Nat.

And I don't see 7 good teams in the east, more like 3.

mastodon421
10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I was pretty happy with the way the Celtics played last night. I was glad to see the Heat struggle, nothing would make me happier than to see them fail all season long(I doubt it will happen though, they are too damn talented).

mankvill
10-27-2010, 07:12 PM
If anybody watches the Oklahoma City Thunder play, keep an eye out for Cole Aldrich, a big doofy white guy probably playing center. He went to KU, was on the 2008 championship team, and was in my English class. Dumber than a box of rocks.

Derelict
10-29-2010, 09:51 AM
Simmons wrote a real good Heat column today

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/10129&sportCat=nba

Natrlhi
10-29-2010, 10:43 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/10129&sportCat=nbaI've been saying this since The Decision, but ever since I watched the Celtics beat the cHeat the other night, I'm convinced I was right all along. They're gonna have ego problems in Miami. Hopefully they never get over it, but it would be naive to believe that they won't. One thing's for sure, - about 90% of the folks in the free world who give a rat's ass about the NBA...sure do hate James nowadays. I think it'll be a long time before he gets back into the general crowd's good graces - if ever (and of course, he'll always be vilified in Cleveland).

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-29-2010, 12:21 PM
If anybody watches the Oklahoma City Thunder play, keep an eye out for Cole Aldrich, a big doofy white guy probably playing center. He went to KU, was on the 2008 championship team, and was in my English class. Dumber than a box of rocks.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

DethMaiden
10-29-2010, 12:30 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/10129&sportCat=nba

Excellent column, just finished reading it. Try as I might, I can't hate the Heat. I'm going to root against them, ESPECIALLY when they play against Cleveland, but what they did wasn't malicious - it was just immature. Simmons' paragraph on how the team was assembled - "LeBron, Wade and Bosh thought, "This will be great! Three buddies playing together and winning titles! We've been talking about this for years! And we get to live in South Beach!" Mike Miller thought, "This will be great! I get to shoot 3s and win titles!" Udonis Haslem thought, "This will be great! I'll take a little less money to stay home and play with my boy Wade!" Juwan Howard, Jamaal Magloire and Zydrunas Ilgauskas thought, "Sure, we'd love to come along for the ride! This sounds like a blast!"" - is exactly right. How can we really hold a grudge against that?

Also, the new LeBron commercial IS great.

Also, on an unrelated note, people should be following Ball Don't Lie. It's the best NBA blog I've ever stumbled across: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie

DethMaiden
11-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Spurs-Rockets is going to overtime. This has been one of the most entertaining games of the season so far, hands down.

EDIT: Spurs survive! :party:

Derelict
11-11-2010, 11:15 AM
shockingly, the sixers are terrible

DethMaiden
12-10-2010, 03:34 PM
shockingly, the sixers are terrible

Almost took down Boston last night, I was rooting for you. :(

I've got two games on the schedule to see in person now, Jazz-Cavs in December and Timberwolves-Pacers in February. You do what you can when your favorite team is located 2,000 miles away and doesn't have any upcoming road games in the midwest.

Still, I'm seeing Deron Williams and Kevin Love in person, two of my favorite non-Spurs! :party:

smokebeer420
02-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Congrats To Ray Allen for becoming the number 1 all time 3 point shooter passing the great Reggie Miller.Not only did he do it at home but he did it against the lakers.So Congrats Ray :party:

evildeadjedi
02-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Sorry Nat any other Cleveland fans:

In the midst of the longest losing streak in league history, the Cavaliers can set a major North American pro sports record with a 27th consecutive loss Friday night against Blake Griffin and the visiting Clippers.

Will the Cavs set the record or will they somehow manage to snap the losing streak?

The question will be answered tonight.

DethMaiden
02-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Congrats To Ray Allen for becoming the number 1 all time 3 point shooter passing the great Reggie Miller.Not only did he do it at home but he did it against the lakers.So Congrats Ray :party:

Yep, congrats. Hopefully I can ask Spike Lee what he thought about it when he comes to campus, seeing as he cast Ray as his lead in "He Got Game" and he and Reggie have one of the most legendary sports rivalries of all time.

Anyway, I'm wearing my "FREE KEVIN LOVE" shirt and getting ready to go to Indy for Wolves-Pacers with my girlfriend! :party: :bliss:

Derelict
02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
Sixers actually looking ok lately, its ashame they put themselves in a 3-13 hole to start the season

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM
The mavs are looking good in the west but I'm sure it will be another first or second round playoff exit. *sigh*

Epidemic Reign
02-11-2011, 01:06 PM

:party:

Indeed that was awesome, couldn't have happened at a better time or place... it's just a shame that Boston couldn't pull out the win. No icing on the cake.

smokebeer420
02-11-2011, 07:28 PM
being a boston fan and living in cali that would have been sweet but it didnt really matter to me if they won or not i just wanted ray to get the record at home so im happy for him,plus he did it the right way not many pro sports record holders can say that cough cough barry bonds!

DethMaiden
04-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Well, no one cares but me, but the NBA Playoffs start Saturday! :rocker: :rocker:

I honestly don't know who I like to win the title this year. The Bulls still feel like overachievers who won't make it out of the conference to me. The talent's there; the playoff experience isn't. Same goes for the Thunder. Them and the Bulls will run the league in years to come, but this year I'm not so sure. I think I like the Spurs out of the West (total homer, yeah) and the Heat out of the East, which would be an interesting Finals. We shall see, but I'm very pumped! :horns:

And very sad that I'll be in England five hours ahead for the latter half of the playoffs. :snivel:

Derelict
04-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Pulling against Boston, LA, or Miami. Would like to see Chicago or Dallas win, although I think both are unlikely.

DethMaiden
04-19-2011, 10:44 AM
I dreamed that Memphis took Game 2 and woke up in a cold sweat.

Playoffs: Serious business.

hinder5050
05-01-2011, 05:22 PM
I dreamed that Memphis took Game 2 and woke up in a cold sweat.

Playoffs: Serious business.

mephis is the hottest team in the playoffs and can push la to 7 games and have a chance of winning the title

DethMaiden
05-01-2011, 05:23 PM
mephis is the hottest team in the playoffs and can push la to 7 games and have a chance of winning the title

I'm super-bummed my Spurs lost but I can't hate Memphis. I'm rooting for whoever wins their series with OKC to win the title at this point.

hinder5050
05-01-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm super-bummed my Spurs lost but I can't hate Memphis. I'm rooting for whoever wins their series with OKC to win the title at this point.

omg sorry to say i am spur hater and u should want mephis to win it makes ur team look strong

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Mavs are 1 win away from the Western Conference Finals.

:party::party::party:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Bye Bye Lakers.

http://www.library.drexel.edu/blogs/librarylog/files/2009/10/broom.jpg

DethMaiden
05-08-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm no Mavs fan, but what a performance by JET and Peja.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Dirk dropping 48 on OKC. :rocker:

evildeadjedi
05-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Dirk was channeling the basketball spirit of Bird last night.

ravenheart
05-18-2011, 05:49 AM
omg sorry to say i am spur hater and u should want mephis to win it makes ur team look strong

English, please.

Natrlhi
05-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Who gives a fuck about the playoffs? The Cavs got the #1 and #4 picks in the draft for next year!

But seriously, way to go Dirk and way to go Mavs.

Here's hoping the Bulls keep up the good work as well. It'd be nice to see them take it all.

DethMaiden
05-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Who gives a fuck about the playoffs? The Cavs got the #1 and #4 picks in the draft for next year!

Honestly, the LeBron situation couldn't have played out better post-Decision for Cleveland apart from the losing streak. Based on talent, they really did overachieve. They had wins against Miami and the Lakers, they almost swept the Knicks, the entire country was rooting for them because of the Decision, and now with only one year to be bad they have the best draft pick situation in recent history. Wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs next year.

Also, this:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/img/4.0/global/swapper/201105/110518.06.jpg

Natrlhi
05-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Honestly, the LeBron situation couldn't have played out better post-Decision for Cleveland apart from the losing streak. Based on talent, they really did overachieve. They had wins against Miami and the Lakers, they almost swept the Knicks, the entire country was rooting for them because of the Decision, and now with only one year to be bad they have the best draft pick situation in recent history. Wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs next year.Indeed.

Also, this:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.element/img/4.0/global/swapper/201105/110518.06.jpg[Insert tasteless Brokeback Mountain reference here]

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Series on. Hope the Mavs can get one back in OKC.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Series on. Hope the Mavs can get one back in OKC.

And they do. Mavs 2-1.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-23-2011, 09:17 PM
15 down in the 4th. Only lead of the game was in overtime. Fuck yes! :party:

1 win away from the NBA Finals.

Natrlhi
05-24-2011, 08:49 AM
^ That was unfuckingbelievable. Go Mavs. I hope they destroy the cHeat, because sadly it looks like the Bulls may not be up to the task (although I hope I'm wrong about that).

OraclesofAgony
05-25-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm a Laker fan but I hope Dallas beats the Heat (assuming that they both win those Conf Finals). Payback for '06. Plus Dirk has been amazing these playoffs, one of the best shooting performances I've ever seen.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-25-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm a Laker fan but I hope Dallas beats the Heat (assuming that they both win those Conf Finals). Payback for '06. Plus Dirk has been amazing these playoffs, one of the best shooting performances I've ever seen.

:rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-25-2011, 08:48 PM
So long OKC. Very worthy opponents. Durant is a beast and they'll be very good for years to come.

Let's go Mavs. Fuck the Heat. Avenge '06!!!

ChildrenofSodom
05-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Let's go Mavs! I like Chandler, Dirk, and Peja....should be a good finals.

DethMaiden
05-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Definitely gonna go to some sports pub to catch one of these Finals games. Hopefully there's a 3:30 so it'll be 8:30 here. Andy, you down for one?

Derelict
05-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Really want Dallas to win, if for nothing else for morons to stop saying Dirk is a choker/soft euro/blah blah blah. Dude has had one bad series his whole career.

DethMaiden
05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
The whole concept of the "Soft European" is such bullshit. I remember my boss not believing Pau Gasol was even good at basketball until he won a title. Shut the fuck up, xenophobes.

mastodon421
05-26-2011, 12:00 PM
I really want Dallas to win this year as well. They have been among my favorite teams for a while plus I can't fucking stand the Heat.

JLRedWing13
05-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Go Mavs. That is all.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-31-2011, 08:56 PM
Gotta get game two in Miami. If the Mavs can get that, the next 3 are in Big D. :allan:

OraclesofAgony
06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Dallas is unbelievable. Another amazing comeback.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Dallas is unbelievable. Another amazing comeback.

Dirk is a badass.

DethMaiden
06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
We went to Sports Cafe in London whose website claimed they'd be open for the game. Nope. Waste of fucking time. Gonna miss every Finals game this year. :bouville:

ravenheart
06-03-2011, 02:08 AM
We went to Sports Cafe in London whose website claimed they'd be open for the game. Nope. Waste of fucking time. Gonna miss every Finals game this year. :bouville:

Well that sucks. I did warn you about the interest in the NBA here.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-03-2011, 09:43 AM

There are hundreds of sites to watch live sports on.

http://atdhenet.tv/ for starters. Discovered those sites searching for ways to watch the EPL.

DethMaiden
06-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Sites which I like to use at home where I have unlimited bandwidth, but would never use here where I do not. ;)

ChildrenofSodom
06-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Sites which I like to use at home where I have unlimited bandwidth, but would never use here where I do not. ;)

I'm glad I live in a country with "free" internet usage.

mankvill
06-03-2011, 12:10 PM
sort of off topic but not really:

In my opinion, Shaq is the most popular basketball player of all time that isn't named Michael Jordan.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Shaq is probably the most likeable player of all time. Certainly more than Jordan.

mastodon421
06-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Shaq is probably the most likeable player of all time. Certainly more than Jordan.

I agree, It's kind of hard to not love Shaq.

evildeadjedi
06-03-2011, 05:56 PM
I agree, It's kind of hard to not love Shaq.

Unless you're his toilet. ;)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Does not bode well for my Mavs. The winner of game 3 after a split in the 2-3-2 format is 11 for 11 in winning the Finals.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Dirk is such a stud. Hits the go-ahead basket battling a 100 degree fever.

2-2 with one more in Big D. If we can win game 5, who knows? Best road team in the NBA with only one win needed with two chances.

C'mon Mavs!!!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-09-2011, 08:47 PM
1 win away.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-12-2011, 08:13 PM
We are the Champions, my friend.

OraclesofAgony
06-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Congrats to Dirk and the Mavs. Dirk was long overdue (as well as Kidd).

evildeadjedi
06-13-2011, 06:31 PM
Congrats to Dirk and the Mavs! :party:

ChildrenofSodom
06-13-2011, 07:58 PM
I'm glad the Mavs won and Lebron lost, but the burt hurt-fueled jubilation radiating out of Cleveland and Ohio in general is getting really annoying.

Natrlhi
06-14-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm glad the Mavs won and Lebron lost, but the burt hurt-fueled jubilation radiating out of Cleveland and Ohio in general is getting really annoying.Hey, Fuckface asked for it. He took out a full one-hour special to go on (inter?)national television to tell the world that his decision was to shit all over the fans who supported him without reservation for seven years.

Yeah, we're a bit butthurt, dude.

If you still hear folks celebrating about it on a daily basis in a few weeks, then maybe that's overkill - but for now, let us take some comfort from the fact that The Lyin' King's glorious plan for world domination has blown up in his fucking face. We who have been shat upon deserve at least that much indulgence.

So anyway, what I came here to say was:

STILL NO RING FOR THE LYIN' KING! AWWW!!! :violin:

PLEASE JOIN ME NOW IN A MOMENT OF :bawling: :( :boohoo: ... :eyes: ... :party: :dance: :bigfinger

Also, congrats to Dirk and the Mavs. :D

powerslave_85
06-14-2011, 01:56 PM
He took out a full one-hour special to go on (inter?)national television to tell the world that his decision was to shit all over the fans who supported him without reservation for seven years.Apparently, according to the new tell-all book about ESPN, the whole thing was the network's idea, not LeBron's. Sure, he agreed to it, but he's not the one who came up with it.

DethMaiden
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm completely over hearing about how LeBron James and Chris Bosh are bad people for taking control of their own destinies while the immediate championship-winning Big Three Boston made in 2008 is okay because old white owners traded those players to the Celtics. Sports has a lot of racist undertones that I stomach because I love the games, but this is really starting to bother me. If Dan Gilbert sent LeBron to Miami in a trade that was totally the front office's idea, no one would hate LBJ and the Heat's championship would be somehow legitimate should they have won it. LeBron decides to go of his own volition? FUCK HIM, TRAITOR! Jesse Jackson wasn't wrong, and it took me a while to realize it, but Christ almighty, it's been a year.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-14-2011, 08:00 PM
http://deadspin.com/5811396/lebron-james-is-still-a-cocksucker

El Gordo
06-15-2011, 03:00 AM
I'm completely over hearing about how LeBron James and Chris Bosh are bad people for taking control of their own destinies while the immediate championship-winning Big Three Boston made in 2008 is okay because old white owners traded those players to the Celtics. Sports has a lot of racist undertones that I stomach because I love the games, but this is really starting to bother me. If Dan Gilbert sent LeBron to Miami in a trade that was totally the front office's idea, no one would hate LBJ and the Heat's championship would be somehow legitimate should they have won it. LeBron decides to go of his own volition? FUCK HIM, TRAITOR! Jesse Jackson wasn't wrong, and it took me a while to realize it, but Christ almighty, it's been a year.

That's retarded. Race has absolutely nothing to do with why Lebron (and to a much lesser extent, Bosh) is hated. He drew it out and let Cleveland fans think he might be coming back. The TV special was just fucking ridiculous, I don't care if it was ESPN's idea or not. The man showed absolutely no class in his decisions, and I think he deserves the hatred from the Cavs faithful. I'd hate him if I were a Cavs fan.

DethMaiden
06-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Why was Kevin Garnett not hated in Minnesota when he was traded? Why was Ray Allen not hated in Seattle/OKC? I was angry too when LeBron left because I think loyalty to a team is important and like to see guys stick with a club for as long as possible, but LeBron retweeted enough racist shit after the Decision that I say good for you, take your destiny in your hands.

Natrlhi
06-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Why was Kevin Garnett not hated in Minnesota when he was traded? Why was Ray Allen not hated in Seattle/OKC? I was angry too when LeBron left because I think loyalty to a team is important and like to see guys stick with a club for as long as possible, but LeBron retweeted enough racist shit after the Decision that I say good for you, take your destiny in your hands.Clearly you and I are never going to see eye to eye on this issue, so I won't even bother trying to win you over. I do have to say, though, that I'm mighty surprised that a person as observant and astute as you can't see how classlessly James handled the whole situation. It's not that he left - which is the part that you're fixated on in your comparisons to other players leaving their teams in order to win championships - that part I totally get, and frankly, I was expecting it all along.

The real issue is that it's like El Gordo said...he led the entire Cavs fan base on a pipe-dream fairy-tale goose chase that he might actually return, when in fact he CLEARLY (now that we know what really happened, that is) had no intention of staying. That's just a shitbag way to handle your business, I don't care how you try to spin it.

That's like a chick announcing on national television that she's going to leave you for a guy with a bigger wallet (or bigger whatever), and then - as if the pure embarrassment and shame of that weren't enough - you find out that she was sleeping with the guy while you were still together.

You can't see the problem with that?!? C'mon.

Sure, the chick in the example above is taking control of her own destiny, and I guess you can't blame her for it - but did she have to announce it to the world in such an attention-seeking manner? And what aboiut the part where you never had a fucking chance of keeping her around, but she teased you along and let you believe that things were just fine? Really? You wouldn't be a little butthurt about that? I find that incomprehensible.

I know you're getting sick of hearing about it, and so am I. It sounds like so much whining, I know - and the problem is, that a significant number of the whiners don't even know why the situation is so bad...they're just bandwagon whining. I'd like to think I'm seeing things clearly for what they are, though, and I can't help but feel mighty betrayed that after all the love we showed that guy, he'd turn around and handle his business so shabbily.

Sorry, but I can't cosign that bullshit. It's Grade A shitball behavior, and not the least bit excusable to me.

[/rant]

Natrlhi
06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Apparently, according to the new tell-all book about ESPN, the whole thing was the network's idea, not LeBron's. Sure, he agreed to it, but he's not the one who came up with it.The origin of the idea is completely irrelevant. He could have rejected the idea, but he didn't.

DethMaiden
06-15-2011, 10:46 AM
The Decision itself was classless and shitty and made me angry while watching it. You've got me on your side 100% there. Hopefully the Heat losing the Finals this year will end the backlash though, because yeah, it's pretty much mostly obnoxious bitching at this point. :lol:

And hey, the Cavs had two incredibly high draft picks fall into their laps and a shit ton of cap room. I bet they make the playoffs next year.

Natrlhi
06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
The Decision itself was classless and shitty and made me angry while watching it. You've got me on your side 100% there.So glad to hear you say this. I was beginning to think you'd lost your ability to reason objectively, and the thought frankly horrified me! ;)

And hey, the Cavs had two incredibly high draft picks fall into their laps and a shit ton of cap room.Yeah, if only this year's draft class looked a little better, though. James's behavior aside, he's a fucking stud basketball player. We don't have someone even remotely close to his caliber to pick from this year. Not even close. I just hope we can get the pieces we need to have a winning team again. Playoffs would be nice, but I'd be happy with a team that's fun to watch and lives up to their potential (which is NOT what we had last season).

DethMaiden
06-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Frankly, I think last year's Cavs OVERachieved, and a team like the Timberwolves grossly underachieved. Dudes named Christian Eyenga and Manny Harris were getting starter's minutes, bro. Not sure how much more dire that could have been. :lol:

But yeah, draft a couple of guys who can at the very least be solid role players if not first-year all-stars and you'll be alright in due course.

Natrlhi
06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
You make a good point. We certainly did well with what we had, and I definitely saw some - strike that, many - sparks of brilliance. I guess what I was referring to is that the heart of the team - that fire in the collective belly that says "you're in our house now, and that's not where you want to be, son" - just wasn't there. I think that individual players achieved much, but the team as a whole struggled mightily. I'd like to see that rectified in the future. If that happens, and we can get back some of the swagger we had a few years ago...that I'd pay to see again. Who gives a fuck what the win-loss record is...just show me some bona fide collective desire to kick some fucking ass.

DethMaiden
06-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Well said. :fist: