PDA

View Full Version : Cradle of Filth 2011 Tour

DementedX14
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Cradle of Filth, has announced dates for the band’s first North American tour since 2009, a headlining run on the "Creatures From The Black Abyss Tour", set to kick off in February.
Support bands include: Nachtmystium, Turisas, Daniel Lioneye

Dates:

February 1 – Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
February 2 – Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom
February 4 – Tempe, AZ @ Marquee Theatre
February 5 – Pomona, CA @ Fox Theater
February 6 – Las Vegas, NV@ House of Blues
February 8 – Los Angeles, CA @ Club Nokia Live
February 9 – San Francisco, CA@ Regency Ballroom
February 11 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox Theatre
February 12 – Spokane, WA @ Knitting Factory
February 13 – Vancouver, BC @ Commodore Ballroom
February 15 – Edmonton, AB @ Edmonton Events Center
February 16 – Calgary, AB @ MacEwan Hall Ballroom
February 18 – Englewood, CO @ Gothic Theatre
February 20 – Chicago, IL @ House of Blues :horns:
February 21 – Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
February 23 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Club Zoo
February 25 – Detroit, MI @ Harpo’s
February 26 – Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
February 27 – Montreal, QC @ Metropolis
February 28 – Quebec City, QC @ Imperial de Quebec
March 2 – Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
March 3 – New York, NY @ Best Buy Theater
March 4 – Worcester, MA @ Palladium
March 5 – Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
March 6 – Baltimore, MD @ Bourbon Street Ballroom
March 8 – Norfolk, VA @ Norva Theatre
March 9 – Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
March 11 – Fort Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
March 12 – Orlando, FL @ Firestone
March 13 – Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade

http://www.smnnews.com/2010/10/25/cradle-of-filth-2011-tour-dates-and-bands/

SplinterMech
10-25-2010, 11:00 AM
What the fuck?! I'll probably hit up the Baltimore date just to see Nachtmystium and Turisas. Incredibly strange line-up...

DethMaiden
10-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Not that I would go to this, but I hate that bands apparently all get together and say "So when are students not in school. December and January? Alright, let's never tour then, fuck them." :bouville:

bt11763
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
i really like cradle, always have. first "black" metal band i got in to (i know, i know)

and nachtmystium and turisas are fantastic support, i would love to go to this :party:

JuuKun
10-25-2010, 12:12 PM
While I highly doubt I'd stick around for Cradle, I've been wanting to see Turisas again since Paganfest 1. Might go to see them and Nachtmystium.

At first, I was like "who the fuck is Daniel Lioneye?" but then I thought about it more, and instead the more important thing is "Atleast it's not Mutiny Within, Blackguard, etc."

daimonos
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Shitty venue, even shittier headliner, but I REALLY want to see Nachtmystium.

kommie
10-25-2010, 01:13 PM
can they even do the Best Buy Theater?

mankvill
10-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I would love to see this tour. I'm in the minority, but I think Cradle of Filth would be a fun headliner, especially on a tour where the opening acts are miles better. Only a casual listener of them, but I think Dani Filth is a pretty good extreme metal vocalist.

bt11763
10-25-2010, 02:14 PM
I would love to see this tour. I'm in the minority, but I think Cradle of Filth would be a fun headliner, especially on a tour where the opening acts are miles better. Only a casual listener of them, but I think Dani Filth is a pretty good extreme metal vocalist.

yeah i totally agree. saw them once when they did the viva la bands tour with gwar and cky (cky didn't play my date though) that was an awesome show

and they can do best buy theater, they did nokia theater last tour.

MPF
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
It's funny considering that Paul Allender lives in Minnesota now that there is no MN date. My drummer buddy would have gone apeshit if this tour was coming here.

Magson13
10-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Not that I would go to this, but I hate that bands apparently all get together and say "So when are students not in school. December and January? Alright, let's never tour then, fuck them." :bouville:

The reason that students are out of school in Dec/Jan is for the religious holidays in December, and New Years.... Which are holidays for bands too, so they're at home with their families during that time.

I will definately be attending this show. I love Cradle of Filth, and the support is great. I despise the posers that call Cradle black metal though.....

Derelict
10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
While I highly doubt I'd stick around for Cradle, I've been wanting to see Turisas again since Paganfest 1. Might go to see them and Nachtmystium.

At first, I was like "who the fuck is Daniel Lioneye?" but then I thought about it more, and instead the more important thing is "Atleast it's not Mutiny Within, Blackguard, etc."

HIM side project apparently. I think I'll go to this for Turisas/Nachtmystium, and nostolgia value of CoF.

makethemsuffer12
10-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Daniel Lioneye is actually pretty good. Most people would probably know them from the Viva La Bam theme song, but their most recent album sounds totally different and is actually not bad. I've seen it labeled as "Melodic Black Metal," which is not a label I particularly agree with, but it's still good music if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhp6gE8T7To&feature=related

Anyway, I'm definately not going to this. I can't stand COF (mainly because of Dani), Nachtmystium sucked donkey balls the one time I saw them, and I'm not crazy about Turisas from what I've heard by them.

bt11763
10-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Anyway, I'm definately not going to this. I can't stand COF (mainly because of Dani), Nachtmystium sucked donkey balls the one time I saw them, and I'm not crazy about Turisas from what I've heard by them.

gayboy

what else can you expect from long island boys :finger:

Akumu
10-26-2010, 08:08 PM
The more I try to make sense of this lineup, the more it leaves me confused. :confused:

Nick_to_the_face
10-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I only know CoF and Nachtmystium, but im big fans and would lov to see both of them but of COURSE...no kc :bouville:

I don't blame bands though, cause a lot of times...we just suck

mankvill
10-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I only know CoF and Nachtmystium, but im big fans and would lov to see both of them but of COURSE...no kc :bouville:

I don't blame bands though, cause a lot of times...we just suck

Nachtmystium was supposed to play here a few weeks ago but they canceled like 2 hours before. :bouville:

rjturtle9
10-26-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm down to check this show out. Been wanting to see Turisas since November of 08 when I last saw them, and I've never seen Cradle so that should be cool.

Nick_to_the_face
10-27-2010, 06:59 AM
Nachtmystium was supposed to play here a few weeks ago but they canceled like 2 hours before. :bouville:

Fuuuuck thats a drag man...
but of course it was at the Riot Room wasn't it??

GWAR654
10-27-2010, 07:07 AM
i truly never heard of the other bands. only cradle. i fail

Nick_to_the_face
10-27-2010, 07:10 AM
i truly never heard of the other bands. only cradle. i fail

Its ok, we still love you.

haha i feel you you though...like i said i only know cradle and Nachtmystium

makethemsuffer12
10-27-2010, 11:08 AM
gayboy

what else can you expect from long island boys :finger:

You mean people that think Sunn O))) is good? :finger:

And Nachtmystium were one of the most boring/worst sounding bands I've ever seen. Just sayin'.

daimonos
10-27-2010, 11:17 AM

And Nachtmystium were one of the most boring/worst sounding bands I've ever seen. Just sayin'.

Everything you said just made me :(

EDIT: And Sunn O))) really do know what the fuck they're doing. You have to be able to think like a calculator to play that shit.

Butcher of Birth
10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
Going for Turisas and that's it!

illninoese
10-27-2010, 12:05 PM
Going for Turisas and that's it!

You dishonor us. Don't buy a ticket. Just give Turisas the money up front. They'll let you in.

bt11763
10-27-2010, 12:21 PM

:hecho:

makethemsuffer12
10-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Everything you said just made me :(

EDIT: And Sunn O))) really do know what the fuck they're doing. You have to be able to think like a calculator to play that shit.

I don't know, I just don't get it. I fail to see how someone can actually bother to listen to one of their "songs." I mean, whatever floats your boat, but I really don't fucking get it.

SplinterMech
10-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Nachtmystium live and Nachtmystium on CD are almost two completely different things to me. How I see it, they go for a very straightforward, punk vibe when they play live, stripping out a lot of the more psychedelic and melodic aspects in favor of energy and attitude, their music coming through the speakers like a wall of fucking noise... and I absolutely love it. They closed out their their show on the US Plague Tour with a cover of GG Allin's "I Kill Everything I Fuck" and it was goddamn incredible. It's not for some people and that's cool, but I'm dying to see them again. I missed them opening for Kreator and I missed them opening for Eyehategod, two things I'm really bummed about. I actually had tickets to their co-headlining gig in Baltimore with Venomous Concept, but the Nachtmystium half of that show was dropped by the promoter one day prior to the concert. Fucking. Bullshit. :bouville:

mankvill
10-27-2010, 06:10 PM
Fuuuuck thats a drag man...
but of course it was at the Riot Room wasn't it??

Yeeeep. Not a lot of smaller metal tours go through KC anywhere other than the Riot Room, but every now and then the Beaumont or the Record Bar will get some good stuff.

Lawrence still gets a fair share of good metal shows, but you really gotta look for 'em.

makethemsuffer12
10-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Nachtmystium live and Nachtmystium on CD are almost two completely different things to me. How I see it, they go for a very straightforward, punk vibe when they play live, stripping out a lot of the more psychedelic and melodic aspects in favor of energy and attitude, their music coming through the speakers like a wall of fucking noise... and I absolutely love it. They closed out their their show on the US Plague Tour with a cover of GG Allin's "I Kill Everything I Fuck" and it was goddamn incredible. It's not for some people and that's cool, but I'm dying to see them again. I missed them opening for Kreator and I missed them opening for Eyehategod, two things I'm really bummed about. I actually had tickets to their co-headlining gig in Baltimore with Venomous Concept, but the Nachtmystium half of that show was dropped by the promoter one day prior to the concert. Fucking. Bullshit. :bouville:

That's the tour I saw them on. Maybe it was because they were so out of place, but they really weren't all that enjoyable. And they seriously had the worst sounding guitar tone I've ever heard.

bt11763
10-27-2010, 08:07 PM
They closed out their their show on the US Plague Tour with a cover of GG Allin's "I Kill Everything I Fuck" and it was goddamn incredible.

that's awesome

Nick_to_the_face
10-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Yeeeep. Not a lot of smaller metal tours go through KC anywhere other than the Riot Room, but every now and then the Beaumont or the Record Bar will get some good stuff.

Lawrence still gets a fair share of good metal shows, but you really gotta look for 'em.

Ya i've missed some good shows because of it to, Destroyer 666, pretty sure Skeletonwitch was there to at some point.
and its a bitch trying to get a ride to Lawrence

mankvill
10-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Ya i've missed some good shows because of it to, Destroyer 666, pretty sure Skeletonwitch was there to at some point.
and its a bitch trying to get a ride to Lawrence

Last time Skeletonwitch was in KC was last July at the Riot Room and I got in even though I was 20 (I wouldn't recommend trying to get in now, though.) and it was absolutely one of the best concerts I've ever seen. D666 was insane, too. One of the most intense live shows ever.

Nick_to_the_face
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Last time Skeletonwitch was in KC was last July at the Riot Room and I got in even though I was 20 (I wouldn't recommend trying to get in now, though.) and it was absolutely one of the best concerts I've ever seen. D666 was insane, too. One of the most intense live shows ever.

Doubt they will come back anytime soon

mankvill
10-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Doubt they will come back anytime soon

D666 probably won't, but don't count out Skeletonwitch. I've seen them five times in KC and Lawrence.

Nick_to_the_face
10-28-2010, 05:43 PM
D666 probably won't, but don't count out Skeletonwitch. I've seen them five times in KC and Lawrence.

Ya, figured as much.. is it just me or do bands just hate us?

mankvill
10-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Ya, figured as much.. is it just me or do bands just hate us?

Haha, it's the promoters, not the bands!

Nick_to_the_face
10-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Haha, it's the promoters, not the bands!

Either way man, someone hates us

Travis The Dragon
05-17-2011, 06:58 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I didn't know HIM was on this tour as well! http://board.heartagram.com/index.php?showforum=56

MPF
05-17-2011, 07:01 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I didn't know HIM was on this tour as well! http://board.heartagram.com/index.php?showforum=56

DAMN IT FONZ!

Why update a thread about a tour that already happened to announce a shitty band that wasn't previously announced in October?

Travis The Dragon
05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
DAMN IT FONZ!

Why update a thread about a tour that already happened to announce a shitty band that wasn't previously announced in October?

I'm not updating it. I'm just saying that I'm surprised that HIM was a part of it.

Magson13
05-17-2011, 07:46 PM
HIM was not on this tour. Daniel Lioneye was, which features members of HIM. That piece of information was already stated in this thread.