PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else disgusted with SLAYER and MEGADETH recent setlists?

HUNGER OF THE UNDEAD
10-24-2010, 11:26 AM
The 25th anniversary of HELL AWAITS and KILLING IS MY BUSINESS, yet both bands completely blew off these albums on these last 2 tours.

Is anyone else disgusted?

Lombardo said the promoters chose SITA, not the band. Lombardo said "we have way better songs than those" He is sooo right!

SLAYER record their best album by far in 20+ years and we only get 2 tracks live, while having to endure SITA in its entirety as well as some great but very tired staples like SOH = LAME!

makethemsuffer12
10-24-2010, 11:45 AM
http://media.funlol.com/content/img/cool_story_bro.jpg

Wrong forum, too, by the way.

Butcher of Birth
10-24-2010, 11:51 AM
http://surfingbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg

mankvill
10-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Not only is this in the wrong forum

but this is one of the lamest threads ever.

cradle_of_maiden
10-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Not disgusted with Megadeth's set list

Indestructible
10-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Lombardo said the promoters chose SITA, not the band.

Why would the band play what the promoters want and not what they want. Also most of Slayers best songs are from Seasons.

Indestructible
10-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Are Slayer fans happy about anything. They play alot of new stuff everyone complains,they play a set with only two new songs and the rest of the set are songs from the first five albums that slayer fans praise and people still complain about it.

Derelict
10-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Wait - you're complaining about too much seasons and not enough world painted blood? Huh?

JRA
10-24-2010, 01:51 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/avatar_6f88116bba9b_64.png

http://surfingbeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Cool-Dog-Hey-Cool-story-bro41.jpg

http://microcosmpublishing.com/catimages/image_1958.gif

Seriously assholes, just because he posted in the wrong forum doesn't make the thread entirely worthless.

I do agree that Slayer should have played Hell Awaits in its entirety instead of SITA. Though I question the fact that the promoters "made them do it." If the promoters made them play all of Diablous in Musica would they do that too?

I also slightly agree with Dave missing a golden opportunity to dig up all of KIMB, especially since he remastered and rereleased it 8 years ago, thus canceling out his excuse of "but I hate the production." Not to mention the fact 2 or 3 songs from Rust have always appeared in the set whereas for the longest time we only got Mechanix from Killing, and that was on a good day.

But at the end of the day, Rust was the better album, and I'm glad I got to hear Rust In Peace (the song), Lucretia, Poison Was The Cure and Tornado of Souls live [again].

That being said, you can trip into a salad bowl of dicks for your "SOH is a tired staple" and "World Painted Blood rulz" comments.

bt11763
10-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Seriously assholes, just because he posted in the wrong forum doesn't make the thread entirely worthless.

http://cdn1.knowyourmeme.com/i/30403/original/YouMad.jpg?1260647699

does too. and it's stupid to begin with

JLRedWing13
10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
No. Megadeth played arguably their best album (Peace Sells is my favorite on some days, though) and Slayer played one of their best albums and probably my favorite. I would be more troubled if they didn't change the sets after this year, but they will. Relax.

larvtard
10-24-2010, 03:02 PM
The 25th anniversary of HELL AWAITS and KILLING IS MY BUSINESS, yet both bands completely blew off these albums on these last 2 tours.

Is anyone else disgusted?

Lombardo said the promoters chose SITA, not the band. Lombardo said "we have way better songs than those" He is sooo right!

SLAYER record their best album by far in 20+ years and we only get 2 tracks live, while having to endure SITA in its entirety as well as some great but very tired staples like SOH = LAME!

I'm not disgusted by the fact that they played all of Seasons, but it does kinda piss me off that they did it in a short co-headliner set. Oh well, promoter's choice. But it's still a fantastic album -- I couldn't possibly fathom why you would have to "endure" it.

I do agree that they should've played all of Hell Awaits, being that it's the 25th anniversary. But this set wasn't even their choice, it was the promoter's, and do you honestly think that any promoter in his right mind would have Slayer play that album? It's my favorite Slayer album, don't get me wrong, but it's the most unknown of their first five records.

Also, while it is true that WPB is their best album since Seasons, that still isn't saying THAT much. Why would you want Slayer to play new songs when they have so many great old songs?

And FYI, bands play staples. Find something else to bitch about that's more worth your time.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Disgusted? No.

Would I have rather heard all of Hell Awaits or South of Heaven instead of Seasons? Yes.

Jochen
10-24-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm just sick of the fact that Slayer hasn't done a real headlining tour of the US in years. And when they do their co-headlining sets they usually ignore Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits. I'm really glad I got to hear Seasons because most of my favorite Slayer songs are from that album, but they need to pull out older songs (The Final Command, Kill Again, At Dawn They Sleep, etc.) and do a real headlining tour. Oh yeah, Divine Intervention needs to represented.

I'm not really disgusted with Megadeth's recent set, RIP is one of my favorite albums of all times, so definitely no complaints here. But the times I saw them before they didn't mix up their sets much which bothered me. But I guess I should be happy that they actually change 1 or 2 songs each tour.

JRA
10-24-2010, 03:45 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/badmouthwilly/IMGAY.png

does too. and it's stupid to begin with

NO U

http://www.chrishorner.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/20050818-how-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-fuck-up.jpg

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Bands can't win.

If they play too much new stuff, fans bitch. If they play the classics, people bitch that they aren't playing the right old stuff.

I'd love to hear Kill Again and the Final Command (Two of my Slayer faves) but I know what to expect from a Slayer show.

They played Aggressive Perfector. I'd say that was a surprise for us long-time slayer fans.

I'm fine with their set lists but then again, I've seen them 17 times (with all four drummers) since '87, so I've seen them do a good bit of their catalog.

I can understand why they ignore the Bostaph material for the most part. You know Lombardo probably doesn't want to play it and, except for a handful of songs, it's not highly regarded by most slayer fans.

JRA
10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
If they play the classics, people bitch that they aren't playing the right old stuff.

No, most bands are just too stupid to know what the right old stuff is. :D

Div
10-24-2010, 04:41 PM
the 'cool story bro' meme... yall are killin it by using it every time someone makes a new thread. Killing owns all other megadeth releases, its a legit complaint

Wizzbang11
10-24-2010, 04:48 PM
the 'cool story bro' meme... yall are killin it by using it every time someone makes a new thread.

Yeah. It's beyond dead on here.

Hell Awaits is way better than Seasons. If I had gone I'd be annoyed maybe, but not disgusted.

JLRedWing13
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
the 'cool story bro' meme... yall are killin it by using it every time someone makes a new thread. Killing owns all other megadeth releases, its a legit complaint
Sure it is, but not when they choose their best album over it.....:rocker:

BloodoftheKings
10-24-2010, 05:25 PM
the 'cool story bro' meme... yall are killin it by using it every time someone makes a new thread.

The most abused meme on here is "u mad?".

ChildrenofSodom
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't much mind the Megadeth sets. But I've never even heard of Slayer, so I can't really say if I like the setlist or not.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-24-2010, 06:31 PM
...But I've never even heard of Slayer, so I can't really say if I like the setlist or not.

*waits for someone to take the bait*

larvtard
10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't much mind the Megadeth sets. But I've never even listened to Slayer, so I can't really say if I like the setlist or not.

I assume that's what you meant.

makethemsuffer12
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM
But I've never even heard of Slayer, so I can't really say if I like the setlist or not.

http://halfassbackwards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/italian-spiderman-animated.gif

I'm going to assume that there's some sort of typo here.

ChildrenofSodom
10-24-2010, 07:08 PM
No typo, guys. I've never heard of Slayer. Are they a fairly new band?

makethemsuffer12
10-24-2010, 07:13 PM
No typo, guys. I've never heard of Slayer. Are they a fairly new band?

http://thejesuscodpiece.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/azzht.jpg

bt11763
10-24-2010, 07:18 PM
http://thejesuscodpiece.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/azzht.jpg

trolls trolling trolls

Indestructible
10-24-2010, 07:25 PM
The 25th anniversary of KILLING IS MY BUSINESS

They did this because it is the 20th anniversary of rust. For Megadeth it is more likely that everyone would know all the songs from Rust than Killing is My Bussiness.

jerry1013
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
I love the Megadeth setlist, sad I missed them in Peoria last year.

mankvill
10-24-2010, 07:29 PM
I don't much mind the Megadeth sets. But I've never even heard of Slayer, so I can't really say if I like the setlist or not.

shitty re-thrash band

SomewhereInTime72
10-24-2010, 09:01 PM
both bands playing their respective best albums in their entirety?

fucking FAIL concert id rather see the jonas brothers than this bullshit

treghet
10-24-2010, 09:15 PM
both bands playing their respective best albums in their entirety?

fucking FAIL concert id rather see the jonas brothers than this bullshit

ur an idiot, nevershoutnever is so much better than those dumb disney bands

rjmartinez91
10-24-2010, 09:42 PM
But I've never even heard of Slayer, so I can't really say if I like the setlist or not.

Fuhhhhhhhh :eek:

rjturtle9
10-24-2010, 11:10 PM
For Megadeth: I like KIMB more then RIP but I can understand them playing that one over the other. It's their best and most popular album. Their set a few days ago will go on as one of my favorites of the year.

Slayer: WTF! Really, aside from a couple of songs, I wouldn't like to hear that album if it was up to me. They really do need a proper headlining tour. Their set for the most part was pretty boring if you don't count Dave being a badass.

There, my :2cents:

Butcher of Birth
10-25-2010, 12:04 AM

I do agree that Slayer should have played Hell Awaits in its entirety instead of SITA. Though I question the fact that the promoters "made them do it." If the promoters made them play all of Diablous in Musica would they do that too?

I also slightly agree with Dave missing a golden opportunity to dig up all of KIMB, especially since he remastered and rereleased it 8 years ago, thus canceling out his excuse of "but I hate the production." Not to mention the fact 2 or 3 songs from Rust have always appeared in the set whereas for the longest time we only got Mechanix from Killing, and that was on a good day.

But at the end of the day, Rust was the better album, and I'm glad I got to hear Rust In Peace (the song), Lucretia, Poison Was The Cure and Tornado of Souls live [again].

That being said, you can trip into a salad bowl of dicks for your "SOH is a tired staple" and "World Painted Blood rulz" comments.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/goblue5699/didntreadlol.png :)

zgodt
10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
WTF is going on in that "fuck off and die" picture?

treghet
10-25-2010, 08:02 AM
WTF is going on in that "fuck off and die" picture?

I think that's what happens when girls forget to use tampons. :eyes:

zgodt
10-25-2010, 08:06 AM
So then why is she in her underwear on what appears to be a public bathroom floor, holding her breasts and screaming?

Sanitarium78
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
So then why is she in her underwear on what appears to be a public bathroom floor, holding her breasts and screaming?

Maybe she gets turned on by her own bleeding:confused:

As for the sets there are far more things to be "disgusted" by in this world than if a band chooses to play their best or one of their best albums live in full. I'm not sure what you're expecting when it comes to Megadeth? They've never done much of anything off the first album and to be anticipating them doing something off it is rather foolish. Besides PS through CTE are all better than KIMB anyway and those are where all of Megadeth's most popular songs are from. For the most part people are paying to hear the material off those four albums than they are KIMB.

As for Slayer, RIB would've been the better choice but SITA is a very good album to.

Honestley after losing Dio and Peter Steele this past year everyone should be greatful for the opportunity to see any band now reguardless of what they play. When bands are getting older like Megadeth and Slayer, some of the guys in the band are gonna be 50 soon they may decide to hang it up in the near future. Especially with Slayer, after Tom's back surgery who knows how long he may last now?

Go to the shows and enjoy them because you never know when it could be your last opportunity to see somebody.

Butcher of Birth
10-25-2010, 09:44 AM
Honestley after losing Dio and Peter Steele this past year everyone should be greatful for the opportunity to see any band now reguardless of what they play. When bands are getting older like Megadeth and Slayer, some of the guys in the band are gonna be 50 soon they may decide to hang it up in the near future. Especially with Slayer, after Tom's back surgery who knows how long he may last now?

Voice of reason, well done!

illuminatus917
10-27-2010, 05:20 PM
No one should be displeased with a Rust In Peace and Seasons In The Abyss setlist.

mankvill
10-27-2010, 06:11 PM
No one should be displeased with a Rust In Peace and Seasons In The Abyss setlist.

This. 100% this.

Sepultura69
10-28-2010, 06:52 AM
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I laughed so Hard when I read this response...

As for the Topic Creator. Get your head out of your ass. Seasons in the Abyss is one of Slayers all time best albums.....It will always hold a special place in my heart...considering that it was infact MY FIRST slayer Album:rocker::rocker:...Seasons has many amazing songs. War ensemble, Spirit in black, Expendable Youth, Hallowed Point, Skeletons of Society, Born of Fire ect.....I mean its no Reign in Blood or Hell awaits...BUT IT SURE AS HELL AINT NO WORLD PAINTED Blood either....Seasons is easily the top 3 best slayer records ever...:rocker::rocker:

World Painted Cum is not slayers best album in 20 years. What the hell have you been smoking? Infact That album is pretty horrible with the exception of like 2-3 songs(UNIT 731, Pychopathy red and human strain)...other then that WPB is pretty shitty worthless album:tp:.....

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH.....I saw slayer play in long beach this past summer and they where amazing...they came back again last week in hollywood, same exact tour except they had anthrax instead of testament...they played the same exact setlist, same everything....The only reason I even went again was

1.Slayer is my favorite band of all time(next to sepultura)
2. Like Sanitarium said....these guys arn't getting any younger....One day and god I hope this never happends anytime soon, but one day Jeff, Tom or kerry are gonna croke and it could be tomorrow, today, could be from natural causes(COMING FROM SLAYER i doubt it will be natural causes)...The only person i can see living for a long time is dave, he seems to be the most healthiest guy in the band....Jeff is pretty fat and from what i understand still drinks heavily....and well yeah....not much too it...like san' said, there all nearing 50, god knows any one of there lives could be taken any minute....for all I know seeing slayer last week might be the last time i see them...who knows...so cherrish the moments, cause 5-10 years from now when we are all in our 30s-40s there will be no slayer....instead we will be ruled by Metalcore/emo pop goth music like Suicide silence and bring me the horizen :(/

elturtleboy
10-28-2010, 10:54 AM
This. 100% this.

:agree::agree::agree:

JLRedWing13
10-30-2010, 09:20 PM

:fist:

PlaysWithKnives
11-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Not disgusted at all. Its great actually. I don't get it. People just aren't happy. Its the 20th anniversary. Its a cool way to celebrate them. These albums are 2 of the best metal albums ever, from 2 giants of metal. Ill take SITA and RIP anytime they want to play them live. There will be more anniversary or full album tours in the future because of tours like this. For people hoping for something different, who knows what well get next.

Natrlhi
11-08-2010, 09:05 AM
I'm disgusted with ungrateful people who are "disgusted" with things which are basically awesome, but not awesome in the exact way that they had planned or hoped. :rolleyes:

PlaysWithKnives
11-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Why would the band play what the promoters want and not what they want. Also most of Slayers best songs are from Seasons.

If that's the case, its because money talks. But I don't think the promoters made that choice.Slayer were the headliners. They could play whatever they wanted. It would sell tickets either album they decided to do.

Sepultura69
11-08-2010, 10:34 AM
I just realized Slayer hasn't gone on there own Headlining Tour since 2006.....

In 2007 they opened up for Marilyn Mansion....errr..if you wanna call it...CO HEADLINED Pffff yeah sure
in 2008 they did not tour at all in America
and instead went on an epic European tour that took over all of 08'...so no shows at all for 2008....
in 2009 They *COUGH*.....Co Headlined...again....with Mansion
in 2010 toured with Megadeth and Testament and Anthrax...

:( It seems like the only time Slayer like to go on there own headlining tours these days are only in europe or somethwhere over around there. They should just go back to going on there own headlining shows and re emerge and resurrect the UNHOLY ALLIANCE Tour and go back to getting lamb of god and bodom as there openers like back then instead of opening up for mansion or co headlining with other big named bands and playing a measly hour and 10 minute set....

It would be a nice change to see my favorite band again play an epic 19-22 song setlist instead of 14.....

and chances are next year there going to just tour for the big 4(and Thats it no more tours for 2011) cause Dave announced it in october that the big 4 is coming to america in 2011....so if there where to ever be another STRAIGHT UP SLAYER Show with them headlining and playing a massive long setlist it would be in 2012 and sadly I can see the band choosing that as there Grand Finale Epic Farewell/retiring tour/concerts.......But I hope not :(

Dextrimental
11-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Personally, I reckon you guys will get the big four, and we'll get some headline dates from Slayer etc.. However, Metallica play Ireland usually every two years, so perhaps we could get the big four this time.. Which would rock, though I doubt I would leave that concert alive haha

larvtard
11-09-2010, 01:27 PM
I just realized Slayer hasn't gone on there own Headlining Tour since 2006.....

In 2007 they opened up for Marilyn Mansion....errr..if you wanna call it...CO HEADLINED Pffff yeah sure
in 2008 they did not tour at all in America
and instead went on an epic European tour that took over all of 08'...so no shows at all for 2008....
in 2009 They *COUGH*.....Co Headlined...again....with Mansion
in 2010 toured with Megadeth and Testament and Anthrax...

:( It seems like the only time Slayer like to go on there own headlining tours these days are only in europe or somethwhere over around there. They should just go back to going on there own headlining shows and re emerge and resurrect the UNHOLY ALLIANCE Tour and go back to getting lamb of god and bodom as there openers like back then instead of opening up for mansion or co headlining with other big named bands and playing a measly hour and 10 minute set....

It would be a nice change to see my favorite band again play an epic 19-22 song setlist instead of 14.....

and chances are next year there going to just tour for the big 4(and Thats it no more tours for 2011) cause Dave announced it in october that the big 4 is coming to america in 2011....so if there where to ever be another STRAIGHT UP SLAYER Show with them headlining and playing a massive long setlist it would be in 2012 and sadly I can see the band choosing that as there Grand Finale Epic Farewell/retiring tour/concerts.......But I hope not :(

You're exactly right. I doubt they'll headline here next year; they'll just do the Big Four. Which sucks because the set will be short and will probably suck, not to mention tickets being expensive as hell because of Metallica and the others.

I actually wouldn't even mind seeing Metallica, especially if they limit the number of new songs to two or three. But Megadeth sucks live (seen them twice, hated them both times) and I'm not a fan of Anthrax. The tickets will probably be something like 75 bucks, which I do NOT want to pay, but I'll feel so guilty if I don't see my favorite band of all time live.

Also, Slayer does headline all the time in Europe. I saw them in Italy this summer with ONE support band. Goddamn, America is a whore for package/coheadline tours.

Sanitarium78
11-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Goddamn, America is a whore for package/coheadline tours.

I couldn't agree more. I think it's become too much over the last couple of years. When I first started going to concerts back in 1992 bands would have two openers at the most usually. Three would've been considered too much back then. Now every tour there's 72 openers and usually bands are co-headlining now. Which i don't like because then the headliner is only getting an hour to play which is rediculous. A headliner, especially if they have the material to do it, should at least be getting between 90-105 minutes to play.

A tour with the big four would be different though because I don't believe there would be any openers. It wouldn't make sense at all, you don't need any other bands for that tour.

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 04:52 PM
You're exactly right. I doubt they'll headline here next year; they'll just do the Big Four. Which sucks because the set will be short and will probably suck, not to mention tickets being expensive as hell because of Metallica and the others.

I actually wouldn't even mind seeing Metallica, especially if they limit the number of new songs to two or three. But Megadeth sucks live (seen them twice, hated them both times) and I'm not a fan of Anthrax. The tickets will probably be something like 75 bucks, which I do NOT want to pay, but I'll feel so guilty if I don't see my favorite band of all time live.

Also, Slayer does headline all the time in Europe. I saw them in Italy this summer with ONE support band. Goddamn, America is a whore for package/coheadline tours.

I am most likely not going to go to the Big 4 tour next year. I have seen Metallica 5 times and have lost complete and total interest in seeing them Live. Megadeth has played pretty much the same goddamn setlist for the last 3-4 years with the exception of some new ENDGAME songs. And I just might skip Slayer after checking out there setlist from the past big 4 shows...pretty terrible if you ask me...

Not only that....

But when the big 4 comes here, the Tickets will be ridiculously high priced!! 70 BUCKS? yeah right! The Jagermiester tour with slayer/megadeth was 100 bucks for pit seats. Not only that but did you even see the venues the big 4 tours where held at??? ENORMOUS!!! When it comes to the states next year, the big 4 tour will be played at Colosseum sized arenas not your average hokey dokey sports arena which is even more of a bummer :(

Plus add to the fact that it is basicly a Metallica show....it just happends to have 3 big named bands opening up... If you look up the Big 4 tours in Europe megadeth, slayer and anthrax only play for a measly 35-46 minute set and Metallica Closes with an epic 2 hour extravaganza

So the chances of me going to this are pretty slim.

As for Seeing Slayer in Italy? How was that? Did they play a wide range of songs from there entire Catalog? *Show No Mercy, God Hates us all, Christ Illusion, Hell Awaits ect* Or did they just play Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety?.....and damn that must have been epic, just one opening band! Who was it if you dont mind me asking?

larvtard
11-09-2010, 07:05 PM
As for Seeing Slayer in Italy? How was that? Did they play a wide range of songs from there entire Catalog? *Show No Mercy, God Hates us all, Christ Illusion, Hell Awaits ect* Or did they just play Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety?.....and damn that must have been epic, just one opening band! Who was it if you dont mind me asking?

It was a really cool experience, but I caught them on the second night so instead of playing their awesome European set with Hell Awaits, Chemical Warfare, and Silent Scream, they played Seasons in its entirety :( It was a great show, don't get me wrong, but I definitely got robbed. I saw the same set a month ago with Megadeth, minus Mandatory Suicide, Jihad, Disciple, and Beauty Through Order. The opening band was The Haunted. I like them on record, but they were just okay live.

I couldn't agree more. I think it's become too much over the last couple of years. When I first started going to concerts back in 1992 bands would have two openers at the most usually. Three would've been considered too much back then. Now every tour there's 72 openers and usually bands are co-headlining now. Which i don't like because then the headliner is only getting an hour to play which is ridiculous. A headliner, especially if they have the material to do it, should at least be getting between 90-105 minutes to play.

I only started going to concerts a year or two ago so I never really caught those "glory days." It sucks, it's insulting for a headliner to play that short. These days I'm lucky to see a band play 75 minutes. If I was mainly going for the headliner, I would want an especially long set from them, no matter how awesome the openers are. On the other side of the coin, if I was going for the openers, I would want them to play long too :lol: Still, headliners need to play longer sets in general.

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 07:12 PM
It was a really cool experience, but I caught them on the second night so instead of playing their awesome European set with Hell Awaits, Chemical Warfare, and Silent Scream, they played Seasons in its entirety :( It was a great show, don't get me wrong, but I definitely got robbed. I saw the same set a month ago with Megadeth, minus Mandatory Suicide, Jihad, Disciple, and Beauty Through Order.

Why the pale face man? Seasons in the Abyss is one of Slayers Best albums *IMO*:rocker::rocker::rocker:

I saw Slayer at long beach in august play seasons and it was easily one of the greatest metal shows of my life. The wall of Death during Testament..........................was just fucking beautiful

Sepultura69
11-09-2010, 07:17 PM
When I first started going to concerts back in 1992 bands would have two openers at the most usually. Three would've been considered too much back then. Now every tour there's 72 openers and usually bands are co-headlining now. Which i don't like because then the headliner is only getting an hour to play which is rediculous. A headliner, especially if they have the material to do it, should at least be getting between 90-105 minutes to play.
Reading this reminds me of the first time I saw Metallica *DONT WORRY I WILL NOT RE WRITE MY EXPERIENCE OF THE SHOW LIKE I DID THE LAST 8 TIMES SANITAIRUM*

I just wanted to point out that when I saw them my first time they only had ONE OPENING act.....sadly that was Scars on Broadway *The one with the guitarist and drummer of system of a down*

Pretty epic to say the least.....Not the band....I mean the fact that there was only one opening band instead of 4-5 opening bands like the other 4 times I saw the boys in tallica'

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Most metal concerts in the 80's only had one opening act.

When I saw Metallica in '91, they had no opener. Just 2+ hours of Metallica in their prime.

larvtard
11-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Why the pale face man? Seasons in the Abyss is one of Slayers Best albums *IMO*:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Because I really, REALLY wanted to hear "Silent Scream," "Hell Awaits," and "Chemical Warfare." All three of those songs are in my top 10, if not top 5 slayer songs ("Silent Scream" is my second favorite actually). Don't get me wrong, I love Seasons; it's a fantastic album. And I got to hear "Expendable Youth," "Blood Red," and "Spirit in Black." Those are some of my favorite Slayer songs and they're not played very often, if ever. But I was really hoping for the first night's set.

Sepultura69
11-10-2010, 03:30 PM
Because I really, REALLY wanted to hear "Silent Scream," "Hell Awaits," and "Chemical Warfare." All three of those songs are in my top 10, if not top 5 slayer songs ("Silent Scream" is my second favorite actually). Don't get me wrong, I love Seasons; it's a fantastic album. And I got to hear "Expendable Youth," "Blood Red," and "Spirit in Black." Those are some of my favorite Slayer songs and they're not played very often, if ever. But I was really hoping for the first night's set.

I must admit.....Chemical Warfare does sound More epic and Brutal then the Chapel' EP if you hear the song live in concert. The Guitars just sound so much more raw and grittier....and lets not forget Daves Drumming :drool:

You've never heard the song live in concert before?????

Not only that but did you ever see the all mighty Slayer perform before Tom retired from Headbanging:(

makethemsuffer12
11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Not only that but did you ever see the all mighty Slayer perform before Tom retired from Headbanging:(

I have. And to be completely honest, they were better the time I saw them after his surgery, though it might have had more to do with the actual crowd than the band.

Sepultura69
11-10-2010, 03:58 PM
I have. And to be completely honest, they were better the time I saw them after his surgery, though it might have had more to do with the actual crowd than the band.

Nah you're right man, since Tom stopped headbanging hes been able to perform better vocally, and he acctually does sound a hell of a lot better then when I saw them back in 2009 at Gayhem fest:(

That show was still godly though, except for the part where me and abunch of my friends and some random mexican metalheads where fighting a bunch of skinheads during War Ensemble....Blah too many things where happening at once during that night...all I remember is I got knocked out by one of them and manage to get out of that warzone that they call a Pit and made it to saftey. The rest of the night was chill.......

Are the pits in N.Y crazy man? In Southern California people go apeshit!!!!. When I saw the slayer/megadeth/Testament tour back in August there was a guy in a wheelchair during Testaments Wall of Death....Jesus Christ it was scary! I managed to miss him but a couple of my friends got mowed down by that guy during Slayers Set:lol:

*If you go on Youtube there are a couple of videos of people taping that guy in the pit and wall of death....he was the most metal mother fucker there.....Good times:rocker::rocker:*...

makethemsuffer12
11-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Are the pits in N.Y crazy man? In Southern California people go apeshit!!!!. When I saw the slayer/megadeth/Testament tour back in August there was a guy in a wheelchair during Testaments Wall of Death....Jesus Christ it was scary! I managed to miss him but a couple of my friends got mowed down by that guy during Slayers Set:lol:

Not as crazy as you might think. The first time I saw Slayer was at the Mayhem fest in CT and the crowd was lame as fuck. The second and most recent time I saw them was in New Jersey on the American Carnage tour. The Jersey show was fun as hell and I was in the pit for pretty much their whole set, though most people I've talked to have said it was pretty tame. still had an awesome time, though. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a show.

Sepultura69
11-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Not as crazy as you might think. The first time I saw Slayer was at the Mayhem fest in CT and the crowd was lame as fuck. The second and most recent time I saw them was in New Jersey on the American Carnage tour. The Jersey show was fun as hell and I was in the pit for pretty much their whole set, though most people I've talked to have said it was pretty tame. still had an awesome time, though. Probably the most fun I've ever had at a show.

Right on man, as long as you enjoyed the show is what matters:rocker:. The crowed here in Southern California are pretty crazy dude. The last 3 concerts that I went to
*Warbringer in late July, Slayer in Late August and Slayer again in Late October*
I ended up with either a bloody face *Both times I ended up getting socked in the nose and bleeding profusely ....ANDREW W.K Style...

or

A bruised and broken bloody body, to be more specific my right leg..which is still in healing process:( had that not happend I would have made the trip to see Triptykon which was only 2 days after the slayer/megadeth show...
:( Fuckin Security Guards.....Abusing there goddamn powers

larvtard
11-10-2010, 11:19 PM
I must admit.....Chemical Warfare does sound More epic and Brutal then the Chapel' EP if you hear the song live in concert. The Guitars just sound so much more raw and grittier....and lets not forget Daves Drumming :drool:

You've never heard the song live in concert before?????

Nah, my first time seeing them was this summer. :(

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Nah, my first time seeing them was this summer. :(

Oh really? Well at least you still got to see Slayer, that's all that matters. Sooner or later those guys are going to have to call it quits and sadly I dont see Slayer being around passed 2012 :(

As for the 2 shows in Italy. From looking at the setlist from the first show you did miss out on some great tunes....Heres the setlist from the first show you missed

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
Cult
Disciple
Expendable Youth
War Ensemble
Jihad
Beauty Through Order
Payback :rocker::rocker::rocker:
Seasons in the Abyss
Hell Awaits
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Raining Blood
Aggressive Perfector
South of Heaven
Silent Scream
Angel of Death

The fact that you missed out on Payback and Cult alone is a good reason to be pissed. Payback is easily in my top 10 Slayer songs.:rocker:

The first time I saw Slayer was back in 2007 when they opened up for Mansion. They played about 15 songs, it was an amazing experience especially since the venue was only 5 minutes away from my house. Sadly I saw them again in 2009 open up for mansion......again....and there set was only 12 songs :(

But I'm not complaining no one does it like Slayer....I can argue with anyone here online all day long about how epic they are live. THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN TELL ME SLAYER IS "Alright" in concert is
*You're either not a big fan of there music
*You dont want to admit that they kicked your fucking balls
*You just happend to see them on a bad night and they gave a shitty sloppy performance such as one of the guitars being out or something....happend to me once :(
*Or you are just a straight up dickhead :cool:

*Slayer needs to ditch out on the Big 4 shows next year and just go on there own tour and play a 25 song setlist:cool:

I would skip the big 4 and go to that. Plus the Big 4 is going to be unbelievably expensive, its going to be held at GOD like Arenas that can fit up half a city, and chances are the tickets will sell out by the time pre sales are over.......Plus I just like Slayer a hell of alot more then Tallica' :cool:

larvtard
11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
But I'm not complaining no one does it like Slayer....I can argue with anyone here online all day long about how epic they are live. THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN TELL ME SLAYER IS "Alright" in concert is
*You're either not a big fan of there music
*You dont want to admit that they kicked your fucking balls
*You just happend to see them on a bad night and they gave a shitty sloppy performance such as one of the guitars being out or something....happend to me once :(
*Or you are just a straight up dickhead :cool:
[

Or, like you said before in another thread, I had IMPOSSIBLY unreasonable expectations. Man...I thought it was gonna be a life-changing experience. Does that help explain how my expectations may have failed me?

makethemsuffer12
11-11-2010, 03:49 PM
The fact that you missed out on Payback and Cult alone is a good reason to be pissed. Payback is easily in my top 10 Slayer songs.:rocker:

Nice to know that there's someone else here that appreciates 2000's Slayer.

JRA
11-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Why the fuck is this thread still going?

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 05:31 PM

OH of course man!!!. I don't get how so many people say slayer sucked after seasons in The abyss...:cool:

I mean sure, there albums are not as great as the ones they did in the 80s but anyone that says Slayer went soft on "Divine Intervention" "God Hates Us All" Or "Christ Illusion" needs to pull that stick out of there ass.

Glad to see I am not the only one that enjoys there albums after "Seasons"...

I will admit World Painted Blood and Diablous En Musica are volatile pieces of crap...

But Christ Illusion, God Hates Us All and Divine Intervention has some of Slayer best songs ever recorded
Disciple
Cult
Payback
Here Comes The Pain
DITTOHEAD
Killing Fields
Divine Intervention
Jihad
SUPREMIST
Eyes of The Insane

Just to name a few. Makethemsuffer12 What is your favorite album from Slayer after Seasons? For me its LITERALLY A TIE BETWEEN God Hates Us All, Christ Illusions and Divine Intervention....I love all those albums equally in the same length. World Painted Blood not so much :(

larvtard
11-11-2010, 05:51 PM
What is your favorite album from Slayer after Seasons? For me its LITERALLY A TIE BETWEEN God Hates Us All, Christ Illusions and Divine Intervention....I love all those albums equally in the same length. World Painted Blood not so much :(

Hahaha, I would say WPB is their best since Seasons. After that is Divine Intervention and Christ Illusion. God Hates Us All is in my bottom three (along with Diabolus and Undisputed).

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 06:06 PM
Hahaha, I would say WPB is their best since Seasons. After that is Divine Intervention and Christ Illusion. God Hates Us All is in my bottom three (along with Diabolus and Undisputed).

I hate WPB. But...BUT....I do love UNIT 731, it reminds me of old school slayer, especially if you know what the story behind the songs title is :D

Same with Psychopathy Red!! The song sounds even better if you have heard it in concert! I remember when I saw Slayer in 2009 at GAYhem Fest, that was one of the songs they played and it was fucking brutal!!!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 06:15 PM
Makethemsuffer12 What is your favorite Slayer album in there 2000's Era? Christ Illusion, God Hates Us All, Or World Painted Faggs?...I mean Blood

I would really like to know. Its always good to talk to other cats with the same taste as music as yours..

Especially since most Slayer Fans stick to the "I STOPPED LISTENING TO THERE ALBUMS AFTER SEASONS" bullshit :cool:

PlaysWithKnives
11-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Especially since most Slayer Fans stick to the "I STOPPED LISTENING TO THERE ALBUMS AFTER SEASONS" bullshit :cool:

Id be one of those people. Its because they've barely put out anything worth a crap since then.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Best songs from Slayer since Seasons in the Abyss:

Killing Fields
Dittohead
Serenity in Murder
Mind Control
Bitter Peace
Stain of Mind :rocker:
Unguarded Instinct
Human Disease
Here comes the pain
Disciple :rocker:
New Faith
Seven Faces
Bloodline
Payback
Cult
Flesh Storm
World Painted Blood
Snuff
Hate Worldwide

larvtard
11-11-2010, 07:20 PM
I hate WPB. But...BUT....I do love UNIT 731, it reminds me of old school slayer, especially if you know what the story behind the songs title is :D

Same with Psychopathy Red!! The song sounds even better if you have heard it in concert! I remember when I saw Slayer in 2009 at GAYhem Fest, that was one of the songs they played and it was fucking brutal!!!!!:rocker::rocker::rocker:

Those are two of my favorite songs on the album actually. Psychopathy is amazing, and Unit-731 is pretty great too. I know the story, but I must say I prefer Angel of Death's story.

I do like new Slayer, but it's probably just because they're already my favorite band, so whatever new music they release I'm automatically gonna be a fan of it. In other words...new Slayer is not exactly "quality thrash." :tongue:

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Best songs from Slayer since Seasons in the Abyss:

Killing Fields
Dittohead
Serenity in Murder
Mind Control
Bitter Peace
Stain of Mind :rocker:
Unguarded Instinct
Human Disease I THINK YOU MENT HUMAN STRAIN
Here comes the pain
Disciple :rocker:
New Faith
Seven Faces
Bloodline
Payback
Cult
Flesh Storm
World Painted Blood
Snuff
Hate Worldwide

Right on man :fist:

Payback, Cult, Flesh Storm, Disciple, Here comes the Pain, Dittohead....all great songs.....

I honestly don't get how people can call this stuff "Crap"....:cool:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-11-2010, 07:27 PM
No. I meant Human Disease (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYuXpj7dmts).

I know my Slayer, dude. Been a fan since I bought Reign In Blood the day it came out.

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 07:37 PM
.I do like new Slayer, but it's probably just because they're already my favorite band, so whatever new music they release I'm automatically gonna be a fan of it. In other words...new Slayer is not exactly "quality thrash." :tongue:

You honestly said it best man.....I am totally there with ya :fist:

Reign in Blood, Seasons, Hell Awaits are some of the greatest Metal Records ever recorded but the stuff they came out with after 1991 is still better then half the crap bands these days put out *including back then*

I'm glad I am not the only hardcore slayer fan here....

SPEAKING OF WHICH...

Loganarchy to show you how much I love Slayer....Let me show you a picture of my right leg....I had this done in 2009 right after mayhem fest...

This is a picture of my Right leg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/87/l_1b88b6cb6bd9437db705e2d18df82f45.jpg

This is what it looked like after about 3-4 hours in....The tatoo is totally different now. That picture was taken in July of 2009. Its all done now. The Eagle is totally colored in Black......I will post what it looks like now, when I'm not lazy and decide to take a picture of my right leg.. How you like the tattoo though?..............Jesus H. Christ It hurt like a bitch. I couldn't stop bleeding for 3 weeks on my leg. Everyone says the leg is the most sensitive part to tattoo

Give me your honest opinion Loganarchy....Let me remind you though that this is a old picture of the tattoo. This picture was taken about 4 hours after the first initial drawings were made....The tatoo artist(I forgot his name) told me to go take a break cause i was going to be there for awhile *I was there for about 6-7 hours* My Ex Girlfriend took that picture out of boredom since she was there with me the whole time.

So how ya like it? Let remind you the Eagle is now TOTALLY COVERED IN Black shading and the only other visible color is the Red which is in the bands name

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
cool tatt.

here's my slayer tattoo:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/114/l_73e79ee243f84c8881bb1d22272b0931.jpg

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 07:49 PM
cool tatt.

here's my slayer tattoo:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/114/l_73e79ee243f84c8881bb1d22272b0931.jpg

Dude.................I think I just found my new best friend on these boards

*Gives Blitzkrieg a high five*

I think its fucking epic when I find other people with the same tattoo of the same band cause it just shows our love and devotion to there good name........speaking of which....That reminds me of when I saw Slayer/Megadeth and Testament back in August at the Long Beach Arena...It was great meeting other people with Slayer Tattoos and going crazy and chatting it up

I would run into people with Slayer Tattooed on there back or there arms...and then I would be like "HEY MAN CHECK OUT MY LEG" and then they would be like "OH SHIT MAN CHECK OUT MY BACK" and the other guy would go "HEY MAN YOU THINK THATS CRAZY CHECK OUT MY RIGHT ARM"

Not only that I found a sepultura fan who had the Tribal "S" Logo on his right Leg...fucking epic :rocker::rocker:

When did you get that Tat man? I got mine last year in July, but I think you already know that by now :cool:

larvtard
11-11-2010, 07:54 PM
You honestly said it best man.....I am totally there with ya :fist:

Reign in Blood, Seasons, Hell Awaits are some of the greatest Metal Records ever recorded but the stuff they came out with after 1991 is still better then half the crap bands these days put out *including back then*

I'm glad I am not the only hardcore slayer fan here....

SPEAKING OF WHICH...

Loganarchy to show you how much I love Slayer....Let me show you a picture of my right leg....I had this done in 2009 right after mayhem fest...

This is a picture of my Right leg
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/87/l_1b88b6cb6bd9437db705e2d18df82f45.jpg

This is what it looked like after about 3-4 hours in....The tatoo is totally different now. That picture was taken in July of 2009. Its all done now. The Eagle is totally colored in Black......I will post what it looks like now, when I'm not lazy and decide to take a picture of my right leg.. How you like the tattoo though?..............Jesus H. Christ It hurt like a bitch. I couldn't stop bleeding for 3 weeks on my leg. Everyone says the leg is the most sensitive part to tattoo

Give me your honest opinion Loganarchy....Let me remind you though that this is a old picture of the tattoo. This picture was taken about 4 hours after the first initial drawings were made....The tatoo artist(I forgot his name) told me to go take a break cause i was going to be there for awhile *I was there for about 6-7 hours* My Ex Girlfriend took that picture out of boredom since she was there with me the whole time.

So how ya like it? Let remind you the Eagle is now TOTALLY COVERED IN Black shading and the only other visible color is the Red which is in the bands name

that's fuckin sweet. I bet it looks even better now, though, because it's in black.

I'm not into the whole "tattoos" things but if I did get one it'd probably be a Slayer one. I just don't want to someday regret it f I decide someday down the road that I don't like slayer. I don't want to even consider that possibility though....hahaha

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Originally got just the logo done back in '99. I even got to show it to the guys after they played Dallas later that year. Tom said I was crazy. :D

The tattoo artist did a crappy job and the red turned kind of pink. About 2 years later I had another artist redo it and had him add the black flames around it.

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 07:58 PM
that's fuckin sweet. I bet it looks even better now, though, because it's in black.

I'm not into the whole "tattoos" things but if I did get one it'd probably be a Slayer one. I just don't want to someday regret it f I decide someday down the road that I don't like slayer. I don't want to even consider that possibility though....hahaha

Dude...........You just took the words right out of my mouth....Its way too late for me :(

And yes I regret getting the tattoo all the time.....Why? For the simple fact that its on my fucking right leg. It will always be there...even when I'm in my 50s and slayer is long gone and dead....I originally wanted my tatt to be somewhere in my arm like Blitzkriegs, but my Girlfriend at the time urged me to have it done on my right Leg :(

Either WAY.......I do love the response I get.

For EXAMPLE

One time I was at the Mall with some friends and Some dude who honestly...looked like he just got out of prison....Just comes right up to my face and screams

"SLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAYER!!!"

And I was freaking out, at first I was like "wait what?!?! I'm not even wearing a Slayer shirt or anything wha...Oh oh.....Wait...nevermind....I get it now....my fucking leg".....

I cant tell you how many times that has happend to me :lol:

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally got just the logo done back in '99. I even got to show it to the guys after they played Dallas later that year. Tom said I was crazy. :D

The tattoo artist did a crappy job and the red turned kind of pink. About 2 years later I had another artist redo it and had him add the black flames around it.

Dude.....

It has always been my dream to meet at least ONE...JUST ONE MEMBER OF SLAYER at a mall, at the street, whatever...it can be anywhere...

And just go up to them and be like "I fucking love you guys so much that this is the only tattoo I have ever gotten and ever will get....You guys are forever scarred on my right leg"

....Its always been my dream

I can just see Tom Arayas Stoned ass all high and happy and laughing his face off as I show him my tattoo :(

You are very lucky to have shown Tom...I can easily see him getting a huge kick out of it.....and you're right...we both are crazy:D

Can we please change this thread to
SLAYER FANS UNITE

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-11-2010, 08:13 PM
The time I met Slayer:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs495.ash2/76866_1708604038019_1325630610_31877394_7823345_n. jpg

larvtard
11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
yeah, the leg seems like a really painful place to do it. There's almost no fat on it (or maybe I'm just really goddamn skinny :D).
the chest and back would also be excruciating, I imagine.

As for me? I'd get one right below the ass on the hip, personally.... :tongue:

Blitz, your tattoo is awesome as well :party:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-11-2010, 08:25 PM
yeah, the leg seems like a really painful place to do it. There's almost no fat on it (or maybe I'm just really goddamn skinny :D).
the chest and back would also be excruciating, I imagine.

As for me? I'd get one right below the ass on the hip, personally.... :tongue:

Blitz, your tattoo is awesome as well :party:

Leg: Not so bad.

Chest: very painful near the sides of the chest near the armpits, near the breastbone and near the nipples.

Back: don't have any on my back

The backs and and insides of your arms: hurts like fucking hell.

Thanks for the compliment. :fist:

Sepultura69
11-11-2010, 08:48 PM
The time I met Slayer:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs495.ash2/76866_1708604038019_1325630610_31877394_7823345_n. jpg

Nice Man :fist:

Who was the opening bands for that show. Do you remember the setlist? I don't blame you if you don't, its been awhile. As for how painfull which areas are for tattoo. Let me just tell you this...

When I shaved my leg right before they put the carving to work, I accidentally fucked up and cut a middle part of my leg. When they had to draw over that, the Guy told me to hold on to something tight cause he had to draw over the cut and also shade it with black. Extremely Painful...:( I pretty much tore my water bottle in half which was was still full of good ol' h2O

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Don't recall the set list but Meshuggah was the opener.

Sepultura69
11-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Loganarchy since you like WPB so much, you will be happy to know a new special edition of the album is coming out next week. And there is a song that was omitted out of the original release of WPB that is going to be on the new release of WPB. I dont know why they left it out of the original release of WPB. Anyways heres the song...or atleast a clip of it...Its going to be on the new print of there shitty new album that came out last year :tp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HOJBPBW4c
Sounds wierd if you ask me...Meh...its not the whole song though. But it will be released with the new edition of WPB :cool:

People who have heard the full version says there is a pretty cool line where Tom talks about butt fucking a harmless victom with there own severed arm :lol:

makethemsuffer12
11-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Just to name a few. Makethemsuffer12 What is your favorite album from Slayer after Seasons? For me its LITERALLY A TIE BETWEEN God Hates Us All, Christ Illusions and Divine Intervention....I love all those albums equally in the same length. World Painted Blood not so much :(

GHUA, which I would put in my top 3 favorite Slayer albums, to be honest. Christ Illusion is also a really solid album, yet people still hate on it. I personally like WPB, but not to the extent as the previous two.

makethemsuffer12
11-12-2010, 12:48 PM
People who have heard the full version says there is a pretty cool line where Tom talks about butt fucking a harmless victom with there own severed arm :lol:

Yup, Kerry said so himself in an interview with Guitar World a little while back back. "Fistfucked with your own severed arm" or something brutal like that haha.

Sepultura69
11-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Makethemsuffer12, you are probably the only person I know that would put "God Hates Us All" in there top 3 Slayer Albums. It definitely has its fair share of moments and it is also a favorite of mine. As for Loganarchy and Blizkrieg Witchcraft....I finally found the time and energy to take some pictures of the final version of my Slayer Tattoo. Check it out and tell me what you think. I just took these pictures like 5 minutes ago. Anyways I'm sure you guys remember the picture of what my tattoo looked like when I posted it earlier on this thread. Anyways this is what my right leg looks like now...and pretty much for the rest of my life till I'm dead... Makethemsuffer I would like to know your opinion aswell since you seem like a pretty awesome slayer fan.

Bliz, Log, makethemSuffer, check it out my guys!! :D
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs923.snc4/73688_169852393042272_100000525364130_453055_68143 6_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1119.snc4/148145_169850833042428_100000525364130_453044_1994 517_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs971.snc4/76470_169846056376239_100000525364130_453003_60444 19_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs475.ash2/74858_169851769709001_100000525364130_453046_52233 85_n.jpg

What do you guys think, ya digg? I regret time to time though for getting it on my leg :(

AND THEN AT OTHER TIMES ABSOLUTELY NOT :D

makethemsuffer12
11-12-2010, 05:49 PM
That's some pretty sweet ink if you ask me. And don't regret it, be proud of it! :D

And yeah, I know GHUA is an odd choice to have so high in "favorite Slayer albums" ranking, but I absolutely love it. It's the most pissed off sounding album I've ever heard. Probably one of, if not the best vocal performance from Tom. (The other two in my top 3 would be Reign in Blood, which is my favorite, and a toss up between SNM, SOH, and SITA. it's a tough choice, dammit haha).

Sepultura69
11-12-2010, 06:01 PM
That's some pretty sweet ink if you ask me. And don't regret it, be proud of it! :D

And yeah, I know GHUA is an odd choice to have so high in "favorite Slayer albums" ranking, but I absolutely love it. It's the most pissed off sounding album I've ever heard. Probably one of, if not the best vocal performance from Tom. (The other two in my top 3 would be Reign in Blood, which is my favorite, and a toss up between SNM, SOH, and SITA. it's a tough choice, dammit haha).

EXACTLY. One thing I love about Slayer is that they are one of a few bands that sound more brutal as they get older with age!!! The reason God Hates Us All is one of my favorite is because of Toms Voice ALONE. He sounds like a crazy Psychotic loony Fuck who's trying to tear you limb from limb...I mean listen to his voice in songs like "Disciple" "Payback" "Warzone" "Exile"...I love it!!!. Compare his voice in the album "South of Heaven" and then compare it to "God Hates Us All"...its amazing how much hes changed vocally with his voice, style and tone...

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-12-2010, 09:40 PM
M
What do you guys think, ya digg? I regret time to time though for getting it on my leg :(

Very cool. I wish I had gotten the Iron Eagle.

I have never regretted my Slayer tattoo. They have been a huge part of my life for the last 24 years since I was 14 years old. Metal is my favorite music and Slayer is my favorite band of all time. I can't think of any other band I'd rather have on my body forever.

Sepultura69
11-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Very cool. I wish I had gotten the Iron Eagle.

I have never regretted my Slayer tattoo. They have been a huge part of my life for the last 24 years since I was 14 years old. Metal is my favorite music and Slayer is my favorite band of all time. I can't think of any other band I'd rather have on my body forever.

Right on Man :fist:

We are both forever scarred with Slayer on our bodies till our deaths :D

Someone needs to change the title of this thread to SLAYER FANS UNITE

Crionics
11-13-2010, 06:21 AM
Well I guess I'll make a comment on this whole Slayer discussion.. I really can't wait for Atrocity Vendor, I'm not sure about you guys, but I think the 50 seconds we've heard sounds great. Props to you guys for getting tats, I'm too much of a pussy to get one :tongue:.

Oh and Slayer's best album is Show No Mercy ;)

larvtard
11-13-2010, 07:00 AM
Loganarchy since you like WPB so much, you will be happy to know a new special edition of the album is coming out next week. And there is a song that was omitted out of the original release of WPB that is going to be on the new release of WPB. I don't know why they left it out of the original release of WPB. Anyways here's the song...or at least a clip of it...Its going to be on the new print of there shitty new album that came out last year :tp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HOJBPBW4c
Sounds weird if you ask me...Meh...its not the whole song though. But it will be released with the new edition of WPB :cool:

sounds pretty good! His vocals are meh, but then again his vocals are subpar (but not THAT bad) on WPB.

anyways, I'm way too big of a Jew to buy a special edition when I already bought the regular edition.

Probably one of, if not the best vocal performance from Tom.

Listen to "Crypts of Eternity" man. That high-pitched scream is beyond amazing.

Makethemsuffer12, you are probably the only person I know that would put "God Hates Us All" in there top 3 Slayer Albums.

Bliz, Log, makethemSuffer, check it out my guys!! :D
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs923.snc4/73688_169852393042272_100000525364130_453055_68143 6_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1119.snc4/148145_169850833042428_100000525364130_453044_1994 517_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs971.snc4/76470_169846056376239_100000525364130_453003_60444 19_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs475.ash2/74858_169851769709001_100000525364130_453046_52233 85_n.jpg

About half of this board would put GHUA in their top 3 :lol: There's at least 4 other people here whose favorite Slayer record is GHUA. Nothing wrong with that, though... okay I lied ;)

It looks great with the black ink. It's faded a lot though :(

Sepultura69
11-13-2010, 09:03 AM
It looks great with the black ink. It's faded a lot though :(

:fist: Its all good man. Honest opinion are welcomed here. I've had some of my friends say they love it, some dig it. And Some say it looks alright and some even ugly... Yeah the fading is my fault for not taking care of it as much when I first had it done. But thats pretty much what its goin to look like for the rest of my life. Also I was using a shitty laptop to get these pictures done which is why they came out a little faded.

As for Crionic. Best Slayer Album FOR ME is either a tie between Reign In Blood Or Seasons In The Abyss...Haunting The Chapel EP comes really close :D

makethemsuffer12
11-13-2010, 09:05 AM
There's at least 4 other people here whose favorite Slayer record is GHUA. Nothing wrong with that, though... okay I lied ;)

You don't like Megadeth, so suck it. :finger:

Crionics
11-13-2010, 09:16 AM
You don't like Megadeth, so suck it. :finger:

:lol:;)

Sepultura69
11-13-2010, 11:22 AM
I think this is one of Slayers most underrated songs of all time. And I DO MEAN UNDERRATED....Doesn't get much love from the fans:cool:
I'm sure you all of heard it and enjoyed it. Its about the Mayan Calender/Armageddon written by Jeff Hanamen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6jLezmrDac

"LEAD US TO THE BRINK OF EXTINCTION TIME HAS COME FOR YOU NOW TO FINISH IT! WHAT HAS MAN BECOME! now that judgments near...."
:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker: