PDA

View Full Version : August Burns Red -- Kansas City, MO -- October 20th, 2010

Nick_to_the_face
10-21-2010, 08:44 AM
So lately I've been going to shows that I don't even like, due to my girl friend..and sadly..it led me to the AP tour with Bring Me The Horizon and August Burns Red..and I know I'm gonna get shit for posting this...so as a disclaimer, I do not like these bands...well 2 songs from BMTH and August Burns Red is passable..but I figured there are might be some fans one here so what the hell??

We got there got there about 30 minutes early and I have NEVER seen so many scene kids in one place...

The first band up was This is Hell and they honestly weren't that bad. The vocals were kinda off but the music was badass. Could definitely tell there were some hardcore and thrash influences. What pissed me off was the fucking hardcore dancers, and when a pit did start, they all ran off. Anyway they were kickass and got to talk to the guitarist afterwards.

Next up was Polar Bear Club, and they were just shit. Very alternative, emo, screamo shit that i couldn't stand. It was torture.

Then there was Emarosa. I can't stand the music but were a little better than PBC..barely. What I didn't understand was the massive pit that borke out during them..:confused:
heres there set:

The Past Should Stay Dead
The Game Played Right
Pretend.Relive.Regret.
A Toast To The Future Kids!
We Are Life
Set It Off Like Napalm

Next was the reason my gf wanted to go, BMTH. The crowd filled up quick and as soon as the lights went out a huge fucking pit broke out. Not a fan of the music, but their live show was pretty fucking good and i regretfully say their pits were some of the best i've been in.

It Never Ends
The Comedown
Diamonds Aren't Forever
Pray For Plagues
The Sadness Will Never End
Fuck
Crucify Me
Football Season Is Over
Chelsea Smile

Half the crowd cleared out then ABR came on, again for the music wasn't a bad show at all. Not really a fan, but i like a few songs. anyway..

Composure
Truth of a Liar
Meddler
Marianas Trench
Indonesia
The Escape Artist
Up Against The Ropes
Back Burner
Redemption
Thirty and Seven
Matt Greiner Drum Solo
White Washed

sets may be a little off, i think they're just about right. Overall wasn't really a bad show. But definitely can't wait for BLS and Bodom, and i dont think i can stand another metalcore show :barf:

treghet
10-21-2010, 09:07 AM
August Burns Red is one of the metalcore bands I like, but I refuse to sit through Bring Me the Horizon to see them. And it doesn't surprise me that half of the crowd left...

xStructualDefect
10-21-2010, 09:11 AM
i don't like BMTH either but i'd have to agree with you by saying their live show is pretty good and their pits get pretty intense and are lot of fun. i could honestly say their pits have been a lot crazier than a lot of metal bands' pits i've seen.

ABR on the other hand i don't mind and could listen to them, but their music gets really repetitive and every song starts to sound the same.

coltongsmith
10-21-2010, 09:33 AM
but I figured there are might be some fans one here so what the hell??

thanks bro. im going to this show for ABR and because i gotta a bunch of friends going. i appreciate the setlist

Nick_to_the_face
10-21-2010, 09:38 AM
It really wasn't bad at all, just those opening bands were fucking torture and i agree, those pits were better than a lot of metal shows that i've been to. I'd give BMTH about an 8/10, same with ABR. and i could definitely into ABR more, i knew a few songs like meddler and composure and a few others, but i think im gonna look into them more

Nick_to_the_face
10-21-2010, 09:41 AM
thanks bro. im going to this show for ABR and because i gotta a bunch of friends going. i appreciate the setlist

No problem man. Since your a bigger fan, you will definitely enjoy it. Pretty good show and i dont think they have been changing the set at all through the tour so this should be what you get. the only .hing that might change is BMTH might drop a song

coltongsmith
10-21-2010, 09:43 AM
the only thing that might change is BMTH might drop a song

i could care less about BMTH. ur review of the show might make me watch and pay attention to their stage show though

Nick_to_the_face
10-21-2010, 09:47 AM
i could care less about BMTH. ur review of the show might make me watch and pay attention to their stage show though

I would check them out, i was impressed. especially if you like pits i would check them out

mastodon421
10-21-2010, 10:52 AM
August Burns Red is headlining this, I didn't know that. Good set from them I am most likey going to this. ABR is the only band that I like on the bill, but they are so good live that's it worth it.

BloodoftheKings
10-21-2010, 10:58 AM
i regretfully say their pits were some of the best i've been in.

i could honestly say their pits have been a lot crazier than a lot of metal bands' pits i've seen.

A bunch of scene kids throwing down dosn't qualify as a pit IMO.

Nick_to_the_face
10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
A bunch of scene kids throwing down dosn't qualify as a pit IMO.

Neither do I, which is why i'm surprised..it was an actual pit, not some scene kid bullshit

BloodoftheKings
10-21-2010, 12:43 PM
Neither do I, which is why i'm surprised..it was an actual pit, not some scene kid bullshit

GTFO

mastodon421
10-21-2010, 12:59 PM

This surprises me, I sat through BMTH at Warped Tour and it was an hxc dancing orgy.

BloodoftheKings
10-21-2010, 01:06 PM
I just looked up a BMTH pit and it looks pretty fucking gay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsajK7yHjg4

treghet
10-21-2010, 01:45 PM
I just looked up a BMTH pit and it looks pretty fucking gay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsajK7yHjg4

It's really not that hard to understand that people dance at the breakdowns and form a circle pit during the faster parts.

Look, I don't care too much for metalcore or deathcore, but you don't have to act like an elitist douchebag every time it's brought up on here.

pantera1115
10-21-2010, 01:51 PM
my gf is making me take her to this show too...i actually like abr...but can not stand bmth...I didnt realize abr was headlining,I thought it was the other way around...and ya I really would not have thought that an actual pit would happen during bmth either.

bt11763
10-21-2010, 04:11 PM
august burn red is passable metalcore in my book. backburner is a pretty cool song, i guess.

and this is hell rules, they're from my town.

NecroRob
10-21-2010, 04:42 PM
It's really not that hard to understand that people dance at the breakdowns and form a circle pit during the faster parts.

Look, I don't care too much for metalcore or deathcore, but you don't have to act like an elitist douchebag every time it's brought up on here.

:blaze:

bobbie solo
10-21-2010, 07:09 PM
this is hell is a straight hardcore band. new album has some more thrash influence on it. they hate scene kids as much as u do. some of the dudes used to be in scraps & heart attacks, a fun punk band.

polar bear club is basically a rock band. they kinda stick out the most on a tour like this. their older stuff has more of a punk kinda Hot Water Music vibe to it, but their latest album is basically just rock. def. not screamo...that label and scene has nothing to do with their ethos as a band.

what exactly constitutes a good pit to some of you? i hope you dont mean alot of meatheads just running into each other for no reason like i see at bigger metal shows..esecially nu-metal/radio rock/festival shows. the karate stuff is played out now, but nothing wrong with alot of pile-ons, two-stepping and getting a circle pit going.

Nick_to_the_face
10-22-2010, 06:53 AM
this is hell is a straight hardcore band. new album has some more thrash influence on it. they hate scene kids as much as u do. some of the dudes used to be in scraps & heart attacks, a fun punk band.

polar bear club is basically a rock band. they kinda stick out the most on a tour like this. their older stuff has more of a punk kinda Hot Water Music vibe to it, but their latest album is basically just rock. def. not screamo...that label and scene has nothing to do with their ethos as a band.

what exactly constitutes a good pit to some of you? i hope you dont mean alot of meatheads just running into each other for no reason like i see at bigger metal shows..esecially nu-metal/radio rock/festival shows. the karate stuff is played out now, but nothing wrong with alot of pile-ons, two-stepping and getting a circle pit going.

This is Hell was really good, i just hated how there were scene kids hardcore dancing during them... Polar Club i did not like. Screamo was a wrong label, but they were really whiney and alternative like..ugh...couldn't stand them...

but as for the pit thing, it was an actually good pit, sure there were a few hardcore dancers, but it wasn't full of them, and sure there were at tother shows, but not at mine. there was a really badass circle pit going and it wasn't just people bumping into each other.

the chewbacca defense
10-22-2010, 02:55 PM
August Burns Red is headlining this, I didn't know that. Good set from them I am most likey going to this. ABR is the only band that I like on the bill, but they are so good live that's it worth it.

i think its alternating. Cause i know one of my friends on another board went to the show in chicago and BMTH headlined

bobbie solo
10-22-2010, 09:38 PM
nice