PDA

View Full Version : Withered's New Album "Dualitas" Streaming in Its Entirety

Natrlhi
10-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Withered's New Album "Dualitas" is streaming in its entirety here (http://stereogum.com/547412/stream-withered-dualitas-stereogum-premiere/franchises/haunting-the-chapel/).

From Stereogum:

"You’ll find a greater sense of dynamic space, sharper songwriting, and plenty of killer half-speed riffs on crusty blackened death ‘n’ doom crew Withered’s third album Dualitas. It’s a powerful, effective upgrade on their usually unrelentingly claustrophobic sound, one you may have suspected during the sludgier second half of the otherwise blistering Metal Swim-associated opener 'Extinguished With The Weary.' When writing about the Atlanta quartet’s 2008’s Barney Greenway-assisted Folie Circulaire, I mentioned it 'buil[t] upon and further darken[ed] and deepen[ed] the sounds of their 2005 debut Memento Mori, giving off a bigger, more progressive punch.' True. It also closed with a cover of classic Swedish crew Necrophobic’s 'Into Armageddon,' so we’re not talking too too progressive. You’ll find a continuation of that kind of tr00 growth on Dualitas, not just in the wide-open structures and calming atmospherics, but in the continually deeper, richer sounds. (Kudos to producer/Kylesa member Philip Cope.) If you want to see what I’m talking about, listen to Dualitas from that previously mentioned hailstorm to the slow industrial grind of the 'Outro.'"

Enjoy,

The Nat :horns:

Natrlhi
10-20-2010, 09:39 AM
Ahem.

hb420
10-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Great album tons better than folie circulaire

Northern_Shaman
10-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Most depressing thread ever :lol:. I only know this band as the guys who I was supposed to see opening for Behemoth in November. Might check this out later.

SplinterMech
10-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I'll give it a listen. I picked up Folie Circulaire when I saw them open for Watain back in the Fall of 2008, and I enjoyed that one quite a bit.