PDA

View Full Version : Modern Rock...

Nick_to_the_face
10-19-2010, 08:41 AM
So..friday I took my girl friend to see Papa Roach, Skillet, Trapt, and some small band called My Darkest Days. The show wasn't that bad for just a normal rock show and Papa Roach and Trapt reminded me why I liked them 4 years ago..Skillet just fucking blew, I took a shit during them..

anyway...Im curious what bands did you listen to before you got into metal, if you did, and what got you into metal???

Slayers Reign in Blood, Mushroomhead, and Killswitch Engage's End of Heartache is what did it for me...

Dextrimental
10-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Metallica, Linkin Park, PanterA, Sum 41, Limp Bizkit and that Otherworld song from Final Fantasy 10 were muy first bands, Napster and Kazaa, I downloaded songs from these bands and had them in a playlist I would listen to religiously. Then once I bought Hybrid Theory and was given Follow The Leader by Korn I got bitten by the CD buzz and then started buying and collecting records, its been getting heavier ever since :D

ChildrenofSodom
10-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Linkin Park, Good Charlotte, Blink 182.

maidenpriest
10-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Hearing Hallowed Be thy Name on the radio back in 2005 got me into metal. But I still listen to a lot of modern rock as well. Linkin Park, Load/Reload era Metallica, Def Leppard, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Creed, Shinedown and a couple others were bands I listened to before that though. Still listen to most of them, except for Creed.

makethemsuffer12
10-19-2010, 12:58 PM
and that Otherworld song from Final Fantasy 10

:rocker: :horns:

TonyD
10-19-2010, 01:51 PM
http://kyleriedel.net/shuffle/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/sense.jpg
What does modern rock have to do with what got you into metal? And I think this is the hundredth time I've seen this thread. Or am I just turning into a thread nazi?

larvtard
10-19-2010, 02:49 PM
linkin park, limp bizkit, slipknot, disturbed, you know, all the bands Indestructible listens to.

Indestructible
10-19-2010, 02:52 PM
linkin park, limp bizkit, slipknot, disturbed, you know, all the bands Indestructible listens to.

Hey I dont like linkin park or limp bizkit. LP and LB are the worst bands I have ever heard.

Dextrimental
10-19-2010, 02:57 PM
:rocker: :horns:

Still remember playing it for the first time and that song totally taking me off guard. It genuinely was like hearing Slayer, Maiden etc. for the first time, just one of those 'METAL, YES!!!' moments haha!

BloodoftheKings
10-19-2010, 03:16 PM
LB are the worst bands I have ever hear.

lolwut?

larvtard
10-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Hey I dont like linkin park or limp bizkit. LP and LB are the worst bands I have ever hear.

heard*

I know, just messing with you. I was making a point that the bands that got us into metal are the ones you listen to today. But it's all cool.

treghet
10-19-2010, 03:37 PM
heard*

I know, just messing with you. I was making a point that the bands that got us into metal are the ones you listen to today. But it's all cool.

You have to remember that he can't comprehend jokes. :tongue:

Indestructible
10-19-2010, 03:38 PM
heard*

I use to like linkin park when I was ten but then I got into better stuff and was like linkin park sucks now.

larvtard
10-19-2010, 05:13 PM
You have to remember that he can't comprehend jokes. :tongue:

:lol:

rjmartinez91
10-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Dang you guys bicker like women on here. :tp:

Anyway, probably:

Led Zeppelin, Jimmy Hendrix, Ted Nugent, Van Halen, Guns n Roses... That's what I listened to in high school, and I still listen to a lot of it. And then I wanted heavier stuff.

F**k modern rock.

Natrlhi
10-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Dang you guys bicker like women on here. :tp:Pssshhh...you ain't seen nothing yet. Welcome to PMS Central.

F**k modern rock.
You're totally allowed to say "fuck" on here, BTW. :D

rjmartinez91
10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
You're totally allowed to say "fuck" on here, BTW. :D

Okay... Fuck! Lol.

Maiden33
10-20-2010, 04:31 PM
The only tolerance for modern rock I have is the couple of bands I listened to in my pre-metal days, circa 2001-2002. Overall though I feel like it's a dead genre. The newer bands I have unfortunately heard are ALL terrible. The band "My Darkest Days" mentioned in the original post is absolute festering garbage. Sadly my girlfriend likes a lot of these bands. :( :mad:

Sanitarium78
10-20-2010, 06:20 PM
The only modern rock band I like is Alter Bridge. Besides them I don't hear anything special at all right now.

Wizzbang11
10-20-2010, 06:24 PM
LP and LB are the worst bands I have ever heard.

Anal Cunt have lost their lofty spot I see!

Maiden33
10-20-2010, 06:47 PM
The only modern rock band I like is Alter Bridge. Besides them I don't hear anything special at all right now.

This. Even though, in a sense, Alter Bridge are just the continued thought of an older modern rock band. I hardly even think of them as "new". Hell, the debut was back in 2004, which was still kinda at the tail-end of when the genre was actually OK.

ShatteredFlame
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Well some of you should like The Devil's Blood if you are into 70s psychedelic/occult rock at all

Indestructible
10-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Anal Cunt have lost their lofty spot I see!

AC is up there.
Back to the thread topic. Right now in modern rock all I listen to is Three Days Grace,Alter Bridge and Shinedown.

Wizzbang11
10-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Well some of you should like The Devil's Blood if you are into 70s psychedelic/occult rock at all

I never got the hype behind Devils Blood. Lots of internet people who I talk to love them and they just kinda bore me. I don't really care that they are real satanists or best buddies with Watain or whatever.

Nick_to_the_face
10-21-2010, 08:13 AM
The only tolerance for modern rock I have is the couple of bands I listened to in my pre-metal days, circa 2001-2002. Overall though I feel like it's a dead genre. The newer bands I have unfortunately heard are ALL terrible. The band "My Darkest Days" mentioned in the original post is absolute festering garbage. Sadly my girlfriend likes a lot of these bands. :( :mad:

It really is..i still like stuff like Breaking Benjamin, Shinedown, Chevelle, brings back memories. And i still love Earshot, they never got that big though.
and ya my girl friend likes some of that shit to...tryin to get her into cannibal corpse right now :D