PDA

View Full Version : Jagermeister Music Tour -- Louisville, KY -- October 12th, 2010

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Jagermesiter Music Tour
Freedom Hall
Louisville, KY
10-12-10

Before the show started I participated in a meet n greet with Megadeth. I had met Dave Mustaine and Dave Ellefson before but of course I did not expect them to remember me- and of course they didn't remember me lol. All of the guys were very nice. Dave Mustaine took time out to talk to me and asked me what I did for a living. I told him I worked at a prison and we talked for a few minutes about that. He saw the episode of MSNBC Lock Up of the facility I work at. He told me if he ever gets locked up he would need me to break him out lol. He patted me on the back and thanked me for the job I work out (he even called me Officer out of respect) and off I went. All of the guys were nice and I had them autograph one of the Jagermesiter tour posters fI ound hanging around the venue. I've met alot of my favorite musicians and this was definitely a highlight that will stand out among all of the others I have met. :D

ANTHRAX:
Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Antisocial
Indians
A.I.R.
Metal Thrashing Mad
I Am the Law

Anthrax sounded great as usual. Belladonna sounded magnificent. My only complaint is that they should take out some of the staples like Mosh, Indians, and especially Antisocial and replace it with perhaps other fan favorite songs like Belly of the Beast, Skeletons in the Closet and Finale. They definitely need to change their setlist up a bit IMO. I caught a guitar pick from Scott Ian.

MEGADETH:
Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
Hangar 18
Take No Prisoners
Five Magics
Poison Was the Cure
Lucretia
Tornado of Souls
Dawn Patrol
Rust in Peace...Polaris
---
Trust
Headcrusher
How the Story Ends :party:
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells/Holy Wars Reprise

Megadeth sounded great. They took out A Tout La Monde and replaced it with How The Story Ends. They said they needed to focus more on their new album. The song sounded good and I was pleased as it is one of my favorites from the new album. Chris Broderick played Marty Friedman's guitar solos note for note. He and Mustaine may very well be the best guitar duo in all of metal at this point. Both guitarists performed flawless at this concert and seemed to be having a good time.

SLAYER:
World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Blood Red
Spirit in Black
Expendable Youth
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
Skeletons of Society
Temptation
Born of Fire

Slayer sounded okay but not great. Tom's vocals were turned down a bit too low and when Jeff Hanneman played his guitar solos is was hard to hear. As a Slayer fan I was suprised that Megadeth had a much larger and more intense pit than Slayer did at this show. Probably because alot of the fans were tired from moshing during Megadeth's set. The person I went with dislocated their elbow so I had to leave before the end of Slayer's set to drive 3 hours back home so they could go to the ER. Slayer was fun but I have heard them sound better.

It was a fun and memorable concert. I have heard Slayer play better, but by no means did they suck last night. Just a few sound issues during their set. If you have a chance to go see this tour, go see it. Just seeing Rust in Peace and most of Seasons in the Abyss in its entirety was well worth the drive and the $ for the ticket.

300%_Density
10-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Def not a fan of the song they replaced ATLM w/ but god damn atleast they finally replaced it!!!! Thank god for that!!!!

IrritatedTrout
10-13-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm jealous of you getting HTSE.

Crionics
10-13-2010, 01:05 PM
HTSE? Lucky!

JLRedWing13
10-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
:bouville:

Maidenmagic
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Although I bought Endgame when it was first released I barely remember any songs on it. (One of their weaker albums.) So I had to listen to HTSE again to make my judgement. Although I sang along to A tout le monde at the show I went to I wanted something else. But this is not it.

TonyD
10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Play fucking 1,320 already

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 02:44 PM

Ew no. Don't get me wrong, I like the song, but it's definately one of the weaker tracks on Endgame if you ask me.

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:45 PM

Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight!
Wake Up Dead
Skin O' My Teeth
Headcrusher
A Tout Le Monde
She-Wolf
Tornado Of Souls
1,320'
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
Hangar 18
44 Minutes
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
---
Holy Wars (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12040)

^_^

MaggotFetus
10-13-2010, 02:48 PM
Looks like sound problems are plaguing Slayer throughout this tour, both from what I've read and experienced as well.

Here in San Antonio, it was Kerry's guitar that was difficult to hear, and overall Slayer's sound was subpar. Conversely, Megadeth and Anthrax sounded great.

JLRedWing13
10-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Endgame is definitely not one of their weaker albums, unless you've lived under a rock for the last 20 years.

bobbie solo
10-13-2010, 08:47 PM
slayer sounded really really good at nassau coliseum. all the bands did. i also was standing dead center resting up against the barrier in front of the soundboard though.

i thought i'd be annoyed when they played a tout le monde, but i didnt mind it at all.

idrinkwine732
10-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Endgame is definitely not one of their weaker albums, unless you've lived under a rock for the last 20 years.

:fist:

bt11763
10-13-2010, 09:07 PM
slayer sounded really really good at nassau coliseum. all the bands did. i also was standing dead center resting up against the barrier in front of the soundboard though.

I totally agree, i thought the sound was fantastic.

bobbie solo
10-13-2010, 09:08 PM
i just drooled at dave lombardo all night, no homo hahaha. dude is unreal....havent seen slayer with him in the lineup before.

Nick_to_the_face
10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Dialectic Chaos
This Day We Fight!
Wake Up Dead
Skin O' My Teeth
Headcrusher
A Tout Le Monde
She-Wolf
Tornado Of Souls
1,320'
In My Darkest Hour
Sweating Bullets
Hangar 18
44 Minutes
Trust
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
---
Holy Wars (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=12040)

^_^

I was at this :party:

JudasPriest89
10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Fuck yeah, awesome show. About time they played something different on Endgame

Sanitarium78
10-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Anthrax sounded great as usual. Belladonna sounded magnificent. My only complaint is that they should take out some of the staples like Mosh, Indians, and especially Antisocial and replace it with perhaps other fan favorite songs like Belly of the Beast, Skeletons in the Closet and Finale. They definitely need to change their setlist up a bit IMO. I caught a guitar pick from Scott Ian.

While I agree that they could use a set change up, they're never gonna drop Mosh, Indians and Antisocial. Those are probably their three biggest "hits" and even if you don't know shit about Anthrax you at least know those three. They will stay until Anthrax retires.

The limitted selection isn't really the bands fault. They've only got time to do 7 or 8 songs so they've just gotta stick with the 'best of' for this tour. Forget about ever hearing Finale or SITC though. ATL and BOTB need to be played before those songs ever make a comeback to the set, if they ever do.

Also, what's up with such a short set for them? This isn't a side stage at mayhem fest or anything. There's only two other bands on the bill. You would think Anthrax could at least get 10 songs a night.