PDA

View Full Version : Blowjob For A Cowboy To Tour U.S. With Skeletonwitch and Misery Index

BloodoftheKings
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Arizona extreme metallers BLOWJOB FOR A COWBOY have announced a fall U.S. headlining tour. The trek will launch on December 5 in San Antonio, Texas and feature support from SKELETONWITCH and MISERY INDEX.

The dates are as follows:

Dec. 05 - San Antonio, TX - White Rabbit
Dec. 06 - Dallas, TX - The Door
Dec. 07 - Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
Dec. 09 - St. Petersburg, FL - State Theatre
Dec. 10 - Ft. Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
Dec. 11 - Jacksonville, FL - Jack Rabbit’s
Dec. 12 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
Dec. 14 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody’s Downunder
Dec. 15 - Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar
Dec. 16 - New York, NY - Santos Party House
Dec. 17 - Philadelphia, PA - First Unitarian Church
Dec. 18 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights
Dec. 19 - Richmond, VA - Canal Club
Dec. 20 - Nashville, TN - Rocketown

On November 23, Metal Blade Records will release BLOWJOB FOR A COWBOY's "Ruination" album as a limited-edition 3x10" colored vinyl/CD box set; the collection housing the album as well as both rare and live material from the award-winning band. The special set's track listing is as follows:

SOURCE (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147569)

makethemsuffer12
10-12-2010, 11:46 AM
You're sooooo clever. :rolleyes:

idrinkwine732
10-12-2010, 12:26 PM
:/

mankvill
10-12-2010, 12:35 PM
What sick fuck is putting these amazing bands on JFAC tours? At least this time the good bands outnumber the bad.

bt11763
10-12-2010, 12:36 PM
i'll definitely go to this. i don't hate (B)JFAC, but i'll be their mostly to worship the 'witch. misery index will be sick too.

bt11763
10-12-2010, 12:57 PM
JUST KIDDING, LIFE OF AGONY, BIOHAZARD AND VISION OF DISORDER THAT NIGHT HOLY FUCK

Crionics
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Will go to the Richmond date for the latter 2 bands, Sunday is always a good deal. Still not sure if I will get to see 1 more gig this year, but If I do; this will be it.

Derelict
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
JUST KIDDING, LIFE OF AGONY, BIOHAZARD AND VISION OF DISORDER THAT NIGHT HOLY FUCK

IT'S LIKE 1993 ALL OVER AGAIN

300%_Density
10-12-2010, 01:19 PM
That was the laugh that I desperately needed to day. Thank you thank you!!!

Northern_Shaman
10-12-2010, 02:00 PM
There's some optimistic qualities in tours like this. Instead of showing up early to get a good spot and having to sit through 2-3 horrible bands before the glorious headliner, you can show up early, obtain a good spot, and leave without seeing any shit bands at all.

Granted, obviously it's a lot nicer when tours are pure and only contain awesome bands. Those seem to be getting rarer, and rarer though.

bt11763
10-12-2010, 02:01 PM
IT'S LIKE 1993 ALL OVER AGAIN

NOT SURE IF TROLL

Derelict
10-12-2010, 02:19 PM
NOT SURE IF TROLL

Not really, just think its funny those three are playing together...I do like LOA (first two albums) quite a bit though.

bt11763
10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Not really, just think its funny those three are playing together...I do like LOA (first two albums) quite a bit though.

hahah oh yeah i'll be there mainly for LOA, river runs red is probably my favorite album of all time. it would be cool to see biohazard, for the most part :lol:

and from what i know VOD is sick so i can't complain.

makethemsuffer12
10-12-2010, 03:49 PM
hahah oh yeah i'll be there mainly for LOA, river runs red is probably my favorite album of all time. it would be cool to see biohazard, for the most part :lol:

and from what i know VOD is sick so i can't complain.

I saw VOD open for KSE in the summer of '09. Good shit. Biohazard is just lolworthy now, though they do have some good songs.

NecroRob
10-12-2010, 04:12 PM
Oh man the OP is so troo kvlt :tp:

elturtleboy
10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
fuuuuuuuh no la dates. Im always down to see the Witch and bjfac is one my guilty pleasures.:eyes:

bt11763
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM
fuuuuuuuh no la dates. Im always down to see the Witch and bjfac is one my guilty pleasures.:eyes:

me too! you seriously have a little too much in common with me sir.

mastodon421
10-13-2010, 03:23 AM
What sick fuck is putting these amazing bands on JFAC tours? At least this time the good bands outnumber the bad.

U Mad?

GWAR654
10-13-2010, 06:24 AM
I like JFAC i dont care what anyone thinks haha :party:

elturtleboy
10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
me too! you seriously have a little too much in common with me sir.

:rocker:

larvtard
10-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Might go to this and leave before JFAC. That might work.

mankvill
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
U Mad?

mad as hell

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm sure I've posted about this in the past, but I really don't see why people still give JFAC so much shit. They only had ONE release that could truly be considered deathcore, and it's only an EP. Genesis is a decent death metal release and Ruination has some really good stuff on it. Yeah they have alot of stupid scene kid fans, but once you look past that they really aren't as terrible a band as the tr00 metal police often makes them out to be. And before anyone starts calling me a butthurt fan or something let me say that I really don't listen to them that often. Hell, Genesis is the only album I have by them and I never listen to it.

larvtard
10-13-2010, 01:44 PM
As far as deathcore goes, Doom was really good. But then they decided to go death metal- and they're not all that good at it.

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 01:46 PM
As far as deathcore goes, Doom was really good. But then they decided to go death metal- and they're not all that good at it.

I don't know, I think Ruination is pretty solid.

mankvill
10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm sure I've posted about this in the past, but I really don't see why people still give JFAC so much shit. They only had ONE release that could truly be considered deathcore, and it's only an EP. Genesis is a decent death metal release and Ruination has some really good stuff on it. Yeah they have alot of stupid scene kid fans, but once you look past that they really aren't as terrible a band as the tr00 metal police often makes them out to be. And before anyone starts calling me a butthurt fan or something let me say that I really don't listen to them that often. Hell, Genesis is the only album I have by them and I never listen to it.

because their "death metal" still sounds like deathcore/really uninspired Domination-era Morbid Angel ripoffs.

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 01:59 PM
because their "death metal" still sounds like deathcore/really uninspired Domination-era Morbid Angel ripoffs.

Yeah, because Ruination sounds so much like Whitechapel and Winds of Plague. There might still be some breakdown-esque riffs, but if anything they're breakdowns in the same way Suffocation play breakdowns.

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Yeah, because Ruination sounds so much like Whitechapel and Winds of Plague. There might still be some breakdown-esque riffs, but if anything they're breakdowns in the same way Suffocation play breakdowns.

Doom and Genesis is the deathcore/sounds like deathcore part of my statement, the uninspired boring bland "yep, it's death metal" Morbid Angel part is about Ruination.

But have you heard newer Whitechapel? It DOES sound like Ruination.

treghet
10-13-2010, 02:05 PM

Also, they are total shit live. I'm not saying that because I hate them, because I don't. Their vocalist simply sounds absolutely horrible on stage. I gave them a chance and after about 3 songs I walked over to the venue across the street just in time for Cattle Decapitation. :D

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 02:05 PM
Doom and Genesis is the deathcore/sounds like deathcore part of my statement, the uninspired boring bland "yep, it's death metal" Morbid Angel part is about Ruination.

But have you heard newer Whitechapel? It DOES sound like Ruination.

I have heard A New Era of Corruption, and no, it really doesn't. I can see where you're coming from, but Whitechapel still have the generic "-core" breakdowns, much more simplistic riffing, and the overall groove that makes it scream "deathcore."

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:06 PM
Also, they are total shit live. I'm not saying that because I hate them, because I don't. Their vocalist simply sounds absolutely horrible on stage. I gave them a chance and after about 3 songs I walked over to the venue across the street just in time for Cattle Decapitation. :D

It's been a while since I've seen them live, but they are boring, especially the Ruination songs. They translate terrible live.

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 02:11 PM
It's been a while since I've seen them live, but they are boring, especially the Ruination songs. They translate terrible live.

Eh, I didn't think they were that bad the two times I've seen them (Gigantour '08 and briefly at Mayhem '09).

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:14 PM
Eh, I didn't think they were that bad the two times I've seen them (Gigantour '08 and briefly at Mayhem '09).

First time I saw them was opening for Behemoth and that's when I learned that the song Knee Deep was the only thing by them that I liked, and even then it was only the first part of the song. Everything else was just torture.

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 02:19 PM
First time I saw them was opening for Behemoth and that's when I learned that the song Knee Deep was the only thing by them that I liked, and even then it was only the first part of the song. Everything else was just torture.

To each his own. I respect JFAC, you like a BMTH album. :lol:

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:24 PM
To each his own. I respect JFAC, you like a BMTH album. :lol:

BMTH has actually distanced themselves from the deathcore sound. Most of the songs on the new BMTH sound like a completely different band.

But I understand. Some people just see a band name and never even give them a chance.

bt11763
10-13-2010, 02:27 PM
i'm with you ian, for the most part.

but i agree with their live show, they really had little energy the first couple times i saw them, even though i thought their sound carried well. but the last time they came around with GWAR i thought they were great, they totally picked it up.

meh, tl;dr to each his own, i'll always like them.

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM
i'm with you ian, for the most part.

but i agree with their live show, they really had little energy the first couple times i saw them, even though i thought their sound carried well. but the last time they came around with GWAR i thought they were great, they totally picked it up.

meh, tl;dr to each his own, i'll always like them.

Now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a deathcore band that had good live stage presence. They rely way too much on synchronized headbanging and hoping the fans go crazy for them. Hmm.

Again, like always, I think Animosity is the sole exception.

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 02:31 PM
BMTH has actually distanced themselves from the deathcore sound. Most of the songs on the new BMTH sound like a completely different band.

But I understand. Some people just see a band name and never even give them a chance.

I listened to that one song from it. They're still pretty bad IMO.

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
I listened to that one song from it. They're still pretty bad IMO.

That's your opinon, and that's cool. I like new BMTH, and you like JFAC. :lol:

makethemsuffer12
10-13-2010, 02:37 PM
That's your opinon, and that's cool. I like new BMTH, and you like JFAC. :lol:

:lol: Though they're new stuff is definately an improvement from garbage like "Rawrrr!" and "Pray for Plagues."

mankvill
10-13-2010, 02:38 PM
:lol: Though they're new stuff is definately an improvement from garbage like "Rawrrr!" and "Pray for Plagues."

There's one song on their last album called Football Season Is Over and it is just goddamned embarassing.

mastodon421
10-13-2010, 02:50 PM

+1, except I like Ruination a lot.

mastodon421
10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
There's one song on their last album called Football Season Is Over and it is just goddamned embarassing.

All Of Suicide Season is embarassing.

idrinkwine732
10-13-2010, 04:59 PM
I don't think there's a major change in sound from BMTH albums.

BloodoftheKings
10-13-2010, 06:45 PM
I took some sample cd of an issue of Metal Hammer once and I heard this garbage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIxqzsOsxpk)

elturtleboy
10-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Doom EP was typical deathcore. Cmon look at pictures of them during that era. Then two albums they tired to ditch Deathcore and actually play Death Metal. Meh still Deathcore to me and I still like it. I give em props cause they ditched the scene kid look.

Bergman101
10-14-2010, 07:54 AM
I would go to the NYC show but Biohazard is the same night so I'm seeing them with LoA.

xskizzelzx90x
10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
not gonna lie, the title of this thread made me laugh REALLY hard. I cant stand job for a cowboy AT ALL :D

bt11763
10-15-2010, 09:24 AM
I would go to the NYC show but Biohazard is the same night so I'm seeing them with LoA.

yep, same here

stevepwn
10-16-2010, 07:28 PM
im going and wearing my reppulsive salvation shirt and skeletonwitch armband:rocker:

also jfac is one of the notsobad deathcore just like despised icon and the red chord

BloodoftheKings
10-16-2010, 07:35 PM
im going and wearing my reppulsive salvation shirt and skeletonwitch armband:rocker:

http://app.reach.gov.sg/reach/Portals/0/PTForum_Images/20745_20745_cool_story_bro.jpg

bt11763
11-18-2010, 05:55 AM
trap them is on the NYC date.

http://www.santospartyhouse.com/images/events/resized/537a80c043c463f05fac8a1f0e6b9aed.jpg

i might try to make it to this and life of agony for sure

mastodon421
11-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Trap Them has been added to all dates.

larvtard
11-18-2010, 06:33 AM

I know :rocker:

This is even more of an incentive for me to go now. I mean, they weren't amazing at the ETID show, but they were still pretty good and I'll give them another chance for sure. Plus, "Mission Convincers" is amazing live.

mankvill
11-18-2010, 12:40 PM
trap them is on the NYC date.

http://www.santospartyhouse.com/images/events/resized/537a80c043c463f05fac8a1f0e6b9aed.jpg

i might try to make it to this and life of agony for sure

That is just not fair.

This might be the most amazing line-up that is completely ruined by having a shitty headliner.

elturtleboy
11-18-2010, 02:07 PM

AR$GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG and LA dates?! GODAMN!

street_burial
12-15-2010, 08:11 AM
im going on sunday, first time seeing skeletonwitch. Unfortunately Trap Them just cancelled the rest of the dates :/

Chyck
12-15-2010, 12:35 PM
im going on sunday, first time seeing skeletonwitch. Unfortunately Trap Them just cancelled the rest of the dates :/

Where did you find that info? They're the deciding factor on whether I go or not.

street_burial
12-15-2010, 12:42 PM
Where did you find that info? They're the deciding factor on whether I go or not.

i dont have a link but i saw it on twitter. you can try theprp.com (i think thats the website)

ShatteredFlame
12-15-2010, 01:30 PM

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/12/trap_them_drops.html

Chyck
12-15-2010, 05:48 PM
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/12/trap_them_drops.html

Crap. I'm doomed to never see these guys :(

JudasPriest89
12-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Not Blowjob For A Cowboy, Blowjob For A GAYboy...