PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Lost vs. Paradise Lost

sarsip
10-10-2010, 07:00 PM
PL is one of my favorite bands of all time. I am curious of people's opinions about them. Their career has an obvious dichotomy. For the most part I love everything they have done. What say everyone?

ChildrenofSodom
10-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I like their self-titled and In Requiem. I have Draconian Times and Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us but I haven't listened to those extensively.

larvtard
10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
I heard Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us online and I really liked it, then I bought it a month later and hated it.

ravenheart
10-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Everything from Shades of God onwards is awesome with the exception of Host and Believe In Nothing.

zgodt
10-11-2010, 04:54 AM
The only song I know by them is "Hallowed Land" and it's great.

Derelict
10-11-2010, 05:05 AM
Everything from Shades of God onwards is awesome with the exception of Host and Believe In Nothing.

What he said

illuminatus917
10-11-2010, 11:12 AM
3 phases I can tell based on what I've heard (first 8 or so albums): Lost Paradise and Gothic are their death. Their next three are their gothic, of which Draconian Times is the best in my opinion. The rest are experimental/electronica/synthpop (Host especially). Haven't listened to the newer few albums, so I won't speak for those, but I'm partial to their gothic phase.

illuminatus917
10-11-2010, 11:18 AM
If you're into gothic, a cool band with female vocals that might be worth your time... 3rd And The Mortal.

DethMaiden
10-11-2010, 12:35 PM
The only song I know by them is "Hallowed Land" and it's great.

Yeah, that's off Draconian Times, which is a similarly kickass fucking album all the way through. Kind of a bridge between their eras, or a standalone record that doesn't sound quite like anything else they ever did. In any case, it's fantastic.

ravenheart
10-11-2010, 01:50 PM
The rest are experimental/electronica/synthpop (Host especially).

One Second isn't at all.

And none of those newer albums are either. If you like Draconian Times, Shades of God and Icon, you really need In Requiem, Paradise Lost and Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us. Especially the latter. Their live album/DVD The Anatomy of Melancholy is likewise awesome.

illuminatus917
10-11-2010, 10:15 PM
One Second isn't at all.

And none of those newer albums are either. If you like Draconian Times, Shades of God and Icon, you really need In Requiem, Paradise Lost and Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us. Especially the latter. Their live album/DVD The Anatomy of Melancholy is likewise awesome.

Right... One Second was more gothic. Host and Believe in Nothing are definitely more synthpop/new age/whatever the fuck you want to call it. Not straight up gothic, and far from death.