PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Anthrax is back! High quality audio of new song with Joey!

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 04:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT0gWgvO2Ok

That is AMAZING!!! I CAN NOT wait for the new album!!! :party: :rocker: :blaze:

bt11763
10-10-2010, 04:31 PM
goddammit fonzy, i already posted about this :finger:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14862

:D

DethMaiden
10-10-2010, 04:34 PM
I was going to say that. :lol: "Wait a minute, I've already seen this video on here, and it didn't need its own damn thread..."

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 05:36 PM
goddammit fonzy, i already posted about this :finger:

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=14862

:D

Ya, but that was in the setlist section and it's hard to say if everyone will check it. I'm so pumped up about this new song and album! For me, this is as exciting as when Bruce returned to Maiden and Rob to Judas Priest! Even though, Sound Of is a great album, but I like Joey's vocals and the stuff with him best and this new song is a TRUE return to it.

Sanitarium78
10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Ya, but that was in the setlist section and it's hard to say if everyone will check it. I'm so pumped up about this new song and album! For me, this is as exciting as when Bruce returned to Maiden and Rob to Judas Priest! Even though, Sound Of is a great album, but I like Joey's vocals and the stuff with him best and this new song is a TRUE return to it.

Really? It's hard to say on a page called "Metalsetlists" weather or not an Anthrax fan is gonna click on a show thread labled Anthrax? If anything they're gonna see that thread first since it's on the main page as opposed to the one you've got here in the General Chat section.

It's also funny that you say the real Anthrax is back with this song. As if Joey had anything to do with it. This song was written and recorded when Dan Nelson was with the band and was set to be released on 'Worship Music' before Dan got canned. All Joey has done here is sing the song and nothing more.

It's just as much an Anthrax song when Dan sang it two years ago as it is now with Joey. Nothing's changed in the song arrangement at all.

Here's a live version with Dan Nelson on voclas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiP1uPph90

elturtleboy
10-10-2010, 08:49 PM
ay fonz you always piss everyone off

Derelict
10-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Look at that, another shitty thread

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Listen when Joey starts singing at the 1:25 mark. The verses remind me Master of Puppets. Very similar song structure.

MPF
10-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Bush>>>>>Belladonna

http://www.gonnahate.net/gonna_hate.gif

Maiden33
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
I tend to agree that Bush > Belladonna. I honestly am kinda 50/50 on the issue, but I just find myself coming to defend Bush. Sure, some of the material they put out with him is garbage, but don't hate the singer - hate the writer(s). The Sound of White Noise is arguably my favorite 'Thrax record, period. And for some reason even I can't understand, I really, really like most of We've Come For You All.

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Really? It's hard to say on a page called "Metalsetlists" weather or not an Anthrax fan is gonna click on a show thread labled Anthrax? If anything they're gonna see that thread first since it's on the main page as opposed to the one you've got here in the General Chat section.

It's also funny that you say the real Anthrax is back with this song. As if Joey had anything to do with it. This song was written and recorded when Dan Nelson was with the band and was set to be released on 'Worship Music' before Dan got canned. All Joey has done here is sing the song and nothing more.

It's just as much an Anthrax song when Dan sang it two years ago as it is now with Joey. Nothing's changed in the song arrangement at all.

Here's a live version with Dan Nelson on voclas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juiP1uPph90

That's a very good point about the main setlists section. I'm just super excited about it is all.

True Joey didn't have anything to do with the original song, but he's singing on it now and sounds much better than Dan and it sounds like I'm listening to the best of their 80's stuff again. Oh, I'm so pumped and can't wait for the new album!

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I tend to agree that Bush > Belladonna. I honestly am kinda 50/50 on the issue, but I just find myself coming to defend Bush. Sure, some of the material they put out with him is garbage, but don't hate the singer - hate the writer(s). The Sound of White Noise is arguably my favorite 'Thrax record, period. And for some reason even I can't understand, I really, really like most of We've Come For You All.

Ya, SOWN is a great album for sure! And you can't beat Stomp with the one and only Dimebag playing some leads. I do enjoy Bush's vocals and the sound of those albums, but Joey and the true thrash sound of their 80's stuff will always be my favorite and new song is sure an indication that it's where they're heading.

treghet
10-10-2010, 10:22 PM
That's a very good point about the main setlists section. I'm just super excited about it is all.

That's no excuse, because you're ALWAYS super excited about the things you post.

maidenpriest
10-10-2010, 10:28 PM
That's no excuse, because you're ALWAYS super excited about the things you post.

+1

MPF
10-10-2010, 10:56 PM

Why? It's a great album!

The Greater of Two Evils, I will say, is the worst idea Anthrax ever had.

zgodt
10-11-2010, 04:57 AM
Question: what's infinitely more tedious than anything Fonz posts?

Answer: piling on with complaints about everything Fonz posts!

I mean, take a deep breath and get on with your life, FFS.

SomewhereInTime72
10-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Question: what's infinitely more tedious than anything Fonz posts?

Answer: piling on with complaints about everything Fonz posts!

I mean, take a deep breath and get on with your life, FFS.

The new reason for fonz to stop posting unnecessary threads: to avoid 3 pages of GODDAMMIT FONZY :D

Maiden33
10-11-2010, 07:22 AM
Why? It's a great album!

The Greater of Two Evils, I will say, is the worst idea Anthrax ever had.

It's just very different from the type of stuff I typically like. There's this very modern edge to it that usually I would hate, but I like it on that album.

Natrlhi
10-11-2010, 09:01 AM
The new reason for fonz to stop posting unnecessary threads: to avoid 3 pages of GODDAMMIT FONZY :D
I honestly think he enjoys the attention, be it negative or otherwise (which is why zgodt's post is the most relevant one in this thread).

El Gordo
10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
The first fast riff reminds me a hell of a lot of Gridlock off of Persistence of Time. The song is decent enough, but I have a real hard time listening to Anthrax these days. There are so many better thrash bands around, new and old.

TonyD
10-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I honestly think he enjoys the attention, be it negative or otherwise (which is why zgodt's post is the most relevant one in this thread).

That makes sense.
It's sad hearing musicians (Joey in this case, but it can be seen elsewhere) trying to act like what they're playing/singing actually means something to themselves when they're actually just going through the motions of playing a song.

Sanitarium78
10-11-2010, 03:43 PM
That makes sense.
It's sad hearing musicians (Joey in this case, but it can be seen elsewhere) trying to act like what they're playing/singing actually means something to themselves when they're actually just going through the motions of playing a song.

Nothing's changed there at all. That was Joey's role during his first run with Anthrax. As far as I know Joey wrote very little if anything at all on the four albums he recorded with them. For the most part it was Charlie who wrote the music and Scott did the lyrics.

Joey was fortunate enough to have some great material written for him to sing. Thus, it was easier to disguise the fact that he was just going through the motions then to. That's why getting Bush was a good move, he has a better voice than Joey and actually sings with feeling and emotion. Which is something I felt Joey never did even though I love the stuff he did with Anthrax.

Travis The Dragon
10-11-2010, 04:03 PM

And those that have over 10,000 posts don't enjoy the attention? :lol: Sure, some of my threads are GDIF threads, but I have posted some decent ones and contributed to posting setlists so it's not like I'm here to cause trouble. It's all in good fun, hey? :)

I truly am VERY excited about Anthrax's future though! :party:

Sanitarium78
10-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I truly am VERY excited about Anthrax's future though! :party:

Just don't get your hopes up too high. Remember last time Joey came back it fell apart and that was only 3 or 4 years ago. I don't think their attitudes have changed that drastically in that time. Everyone is doing this for a cash grab and if you think they got back together for any other reason than you're fooling yourself. A reunion album and tour with Joey will give them more hype and money than they've seen since 1993.

Anthrax is struggling to keep what little credibility they have left and haven't had a new album now in over seven years:wow: Getting back with Joey gets them in the spotlight again and more importantly gets them paid and on better tours.

I'd love more than anything for it to work out this time but i'm not optimistic at all until the band shows they've actually grown up and are willing to proceed onward with this lineup.

BloodoftheKings
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Just don't get your hopes up too high. Remember last time Joey came back it fell apart and that was only 3 or 4 years ago.

Scott and Charlie said that was only supposed to be a temporary reunion and that they intended for John to return once they were done with the ATL reunion tour, but then John didn't want to return and that's where things got fucked up. Im not saying that everything is gonna work out fine but im just pointing out that this time he's actually back in the band.

Sanitarium78
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Scott and Charlie said that was only supposed to be a temporary reunion and that they intended for John to return once they were done with the ATL reunion tour, but then John didn't want to return and that's where things got fucked up. Im not saying that everything is gonna work out fine but im just pointing out that this time he's actually back in the band.

They also said that the plan was to do an album with Joey but he decided to bail out on them because he was asking for too much money. Maybe that was true, maybe it wasn't. But they are conflicting stories on the matter so it's hard to tell which one, if either are right.

The only man associated with Anthrax who's word i've trusted over the last few years has been John Bush. He was always straight up in his thoughts about the situation, while Scott and Charlie seem to wanna give everybody a runaround.

Travis The Dragon
10-12-2010, 05:05 PM
What has John had to say about it all?