PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Symphony X/Nevermore/Soilwork US Tour?

MPF
10-10-2010, 01:39 AM
To quote it as I heard just right NOW on a local Metal radio show...

It will be a SYMPHONY to X cite your ears. You will NEVER want MORE metal. But don't let it SOIL your WORK.

:rocker::rocker::rocker:

*This won't be announced for a long time, but there this is at least hitting Minnesota, either Station 4 or the Cabooze......Oh yeah this wasn't suppose to be announced yet, so keep it on the down low! :D *

maidenpriest
10-10-2010, 01:41 AM
SYMPHONY, NEVERMORE AND SOILWORK?!??!?!! Oh HELL yeah! I am so there!

Hopefully Symphony headlines though, they deserve the top slot.

HugeRockStar
10-10-2010, 01:44 AM
This is already all but confirmed in Montreal, but I didn't know about Nevermore and Soilwork, that's amazing! I think I'll skip Nevermore this fall and wait to see them on this show.

mankvill
10-10-2010, 01:57 AM
from what you're saying, is it blink-182, the strokes and katy perry?

sweet, dude!

MPF
10-10-2010, 01:59 AM
from what you're saying, is it blink-182, the strokes and katy perry?

sweet, dude!

I Know, Right?!?!?!

makethemsuffer12
10-10-2010, 06:30 AM
So is this going to be the lineup for the shows previously announced? If so,
FUCKIN' A.

JuuKun
10-10-2010, 06:40 AM
Soilwork is not Psychotic Waltz :bouville:

Nevermore/Sym X is cool too. This makes me not feel so bad about possibly missing Nevermore on Saturday.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
10-10-2010, 08:46 AM
I'll be there. Just saw Nevermore 3 days ago, but I won't pass up a chance to see Symphony X.

DethMaiden
10-10-2010, 08:58 AM
May? Shit, I'll be in England.

Maiden33
10-10-2010, 09:23 AM
:bouville:

idrinkwine732
10-10-2010, 09:30 AM
May? Shit, I'll be in England.

Don't worry, you'll be getting great shows there.

makethemsuffer12
10-10-2010, 09:35 AM

What's the matter?

Davemeistro
10-10-2010, 09:49 AM
To quote it as I heard just right NOW on a local Metal radio show...

It will be a SYMPHONY to X cite your ears. You will NEVER want MORE metal. But don't let it SOIL your WORK.

*This won't be announced for a long time, but there this is at least hitting Minnesota, either Station 4 or the Cabooze......Oh yeah this wasn't suppose to be announced yet, so keep it on the down low! :D *

Was it the Root of All Evil on KFAI? Did Swordlord announce this??

DethMaiden
10-10-2010, 10:23 AM

I certainly hope so! :fist:

SomewhereInTime72
10-10-2010, 10:37 AM
SX and Nevermore definitely more than make up for having to sit through Soilwork. :D

es156
10-10-2010, 11:34 AM
SX and Nevermore definitely more than make up for having to sit through Soilwork. :D

Yeah, it was originally supposed to be Candlemass not Soilwork.

maidenpriest
10-10-2010, 12:14 PM
What's the matter?

Think Maiden33 doesn't like the other two bands and the fact that they are much heavier bands so Symphony X will more then likely play a set with a lot more of their heavier stuff compared to their more proggy stuff like Communion and the Oracle. (I think that was his reasoning when the Sym X/Nevermore/Candlemass post went up).

ravenheart
10-10-2010, 12:15 PM

Wow... we win this one then!

ravenheart
10-10-2010, 12:16 PM

Don't bet on it. He's here in the Summer. The Summer blows.

MPF
10-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Was it the Root of All Evil on KFAI? Did Swordlord announce this??

Yes and Yes.

mankvill
10-10-2010, 12:34 PM
It will be a SYMPHONY to X cite your ears. You will NEVER want MORE metal. You might want to visit a CEMETERY to visit a RAPIST.

:party:

TonyD
10-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Meh

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I hope Symphony X hasn't been here recently because that means they might skip here next year.

IrritatedTrout
10-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Meh

Pretty much. Although I do kinda like both Sym X and Nevermore.

JLRedWing13
10-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Symphony X won't headline this, so I'm not incredibly happy, but I want to see them enough to go to this....

MPF
10-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I hope Symphony X hasn't been here recently because that means they might skip here next year.

Considering this was a Twin Cities radio station and the promoter of the show was talking about it, and the fact I mentioned it will be at Station 4 or The Cabooze. I think there's a 99.9% repeating chance that this tour will hit the Twin Cities....

The last time Symphony X was in town was at Station 4 for the Paradise Lost tour, which I sadly missed. That will not be the case this time.

Maiden33
10-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Think Maiden33 doesn't like the other two bands and the fact that they are much heavier bands so Symphony X will more then likely play a set with a lot more of their heavier stuff compared to their more proggy stuff like Communion and the Oracle. (I think that was his reasoning when the Sym X/Nevermore/Candlemass post went up).

More or less. Kinda hard to get excited about seeing a good 2 hours worth of material I know I won't really like. And yes, Symphony X will most likely play an incredibly boring, one-dimensional set as a result.

YES OMG WTF GTFO someone doesn't like Nevermore. So sue me.

TonyD
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
Also, no matter how omfg a piece of news is, please don't use a generic omfg title without mentioning the bands so that people actually know what it is, and Fonz doesn't have an excuse to start another thread about it ;)

MPF
10-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Also, no matter how omfg a piece of news is, please don't use a generic omfg title without mentioning the bands so that people actually know what it is, and Fonz doesn't have an excuse to start another thread about it ;)

Shit I didn't think about that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

MPF
10-10-2010, 09:05 PM
I see the title has ben edited. Thank you!

Maiden33
10-10-2010, 09:06 PM
I see the title has ben edited. Thank you!

My first thought was that Fonzy posted a new thread. Totally serious. :lol:

MPF
10-10-2010, 09:08 PM

I did the same thing. :lol:

Magson13
10-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Blackguard is part of this tour

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Considering this was a Twin Cities radio station and the promoter of the show was talking about it, and the fact I mentioned it will be at Station 4 or The Cabooze. I think there's a 99.9% repeating chance that this tour will hit the Twin Cities....

The last time Symphony X was in town was at Station 4 for the Paradise Lost tour, which I sadly missed. That will not be the case this time.

Now I'm very excited!

Travis The Dragon
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM

:lol: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c352/fonzbear2000/fonzy.png :lol:

mankvill
10-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Blackguard is part of this tour

AND THE FACELESS AND WARBRINGER AND MUTINY WITHIN AND SWASHBUCKLE AND INTO ETERNITY AND ARSIS (not anymore though ;_; )

MPF
10-10-2010, 10:50 PM

AND THE FACELESS AND WARBRINGER AND MUTINY WITHIN AND SWASHBUCKLE AND INTO ETERNITY AND ARSIS (not anymore though ;_; )

Actually from the announcement it sounds like there will be local opening acts and Soilwork as the first band of the major bands.

As for Symphony X or Nevermore headlining. Well Symphony X was the first band mentioned followed by Soilwork then Nevermore, so I'm guessing Symphony X will headline. But Nevermore is bigger...

Hell, Fuck it, let them both have a 90 minute set!

maidenpriest
10-10-2010, 10:58 PM

I completely agree with that statement. I would think that even though Nevermore is bigger, Symphony X is big in there own right so it will probably be a co-headline tour.

SomewhereInTime72
10-10-2010, 11:00 PM
More or less. Kinda hard to get excited about seeing a good 2 hours worth of material I know I won't really like. And yes, Symphony X will most likely play an incredibly boring, one-dimensional set as a result.

YES OMG WTF GTFO someone doesn't like Nevermore. So sue me.

Hate to be a douche~ but I do find it somewhat surprising that you particularly don't like Nevermore. I mean... yeah they're kinda thrashy, and Warrel Dane's voice does take some getting used to. But they share a lot in common with traditional metal, and keep a fair amount of prog elements and don't resort to growling vocals, which I would think are all pluses for you.

The concern you raise about the SX set is upsetting, I would hate to see a band I like that much play something bland (and they could pull it off).

maidenpriest
10-10-2010, 11:36 PM
The concern you raise about the SX set is upsetting, I would hate to see a band I like that much play something bland (and they could pull it off).

I think that Symphony could still pull off a normal set with that crowd. Sure the crowd overall may be on the heavier side of things but if they like Nevermore they must have some likings of prog music I would think. Symphony only did one or two slower songs when they headlined last so I would expect something similar this go around.

MPF
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I gotta admit. I don't see why Symphony X has to change their set just because of touring with Nevermore.

They are both technical bands, Symphony X is Proggier and Nevermore is Thrashier. As long as they play right I don't get why they need to change their set at all.

Magson13
10-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Actually from the announcement it sounds like there will be local opening acts and Soilwork as the first band of the major bands.
[QUOTE]

Blackguard will be one of the openers. I think there was another opener, but I cannot think of who they said. As for local openers, that is completely up to the promoter, and will vary by city.

[QUOTE=MPF;309347]

There is no way that will happen. I would say 60 minutes tops. WHich bands get what depends on who is headlining, and who is actually involved in planning the tour, and who is just signing on to play on it.

MPF
10-11-2010, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=MPF;309347]Actually from the announcement it sounds like there will be local opening acts and Soilwork as the first band of the major bands.
[QUOTE]

Blackguard will be one of the openers. I think there was another opener, but I cannot think of who they said. As for local openers, that is completely up to the promoter, and will vary by city.

There is no way that will happen. I would say 60 minutes tops. WHich bands get what depends on who is headlining, and who is actually involved in planning the tour, and who is just signing on to play on it.

1.) I was really hoping that was trying to be a smart ass comment. Nothing against Blackguard, but they need to lay off touring the states for a while.

2.) I know what would never happen just more of a wish.

MPF
10-11-2010, 12:41 AM
just so I know, you are talking about the tour in May and not the current Nevermore tour which has Blackguard filling in for Mutiny Within right?

HugeRockStar
10-11-2010, 02:47 AM
Blackguard lol. Talk about overexposure. This is why a lot of bands don't stay popular for very long I think, cuz the labels keep pushing them down people's throats and they play in any given city 4-5 times a year. People here in Montreal are sick of them which is a shame cuz this is their hometown crowd but they're on every freaking show.

Magson13
10-11-2010, 02:55 AM
Yes, the Soilwork, Nevermore, Symphony X tour. Blackguard is a great live band, lots of energy. I don't mind seeing them repeatedly, at all. For the naysayers, would you all rather see Blackguard again, or see some shitcore band open up? :tongue:

ravenheart
10-11-2010, 04:14 AM
For the naysayers, would you all rather see Blackguard again, or see some shitcore band open up? :tongue:

Arrive late in both cases :finger:

xStructualDefect
10-11-2010, 04:26 AM
huge Symphony X fan, not a fan of Nevermore but enjoyed their latest release, and i enjoy Soilwork. if Blackguard is true then i'm fine with that they were fun from the last time i saw them. pretty solid lineup imo.

ravenheart
10-11-2010, 09:30 AM
huge Symphony X fan, not a fan of Nevermore but enjoyed their latest release, and i enjoy Soilwork. if Blackguard is true then i'm fine with that they were fun from the last time i saw them. pretty solid lineup imo.

And yet, still not as good as having Psychotic Waltz open :D

MPF
10-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Yes, the Soilwork, Nevermore, Symphony X tour. Blackguard is a great live band, lots of energy. I don't mind seeing them repeatedly, at all. For the naysayers, would you all rather see Blackguard again, or see some shitcore band open up? :tongue:

I'm not trying to be a naysayer. Hell, I've yet to see them live. but like Mutiny Within and others, when you constantly open for bands in one area, you get over saturated.

That's why I'm honestly happy Mutiny Within isn't touring the rest of the year now. IT will give them time to refresh and maybe even change their damn setlist.

Magson13
10-11-2010, 05:35 PM
It doesn't make any sense that you're saying that Blackguard has oversaturated the market, when you yourself have still yet to see them live.

MPF
10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
It doesn't make any sense that you're saying that Blackguard has oversaturated the market, when you yourself have still yet to see them live.

I'm seeing them on Halloween with Nevermore.

It does make sense in the overall scheme. They've been here a few times. Last time on the Soilwork/Death Angel tour. I had to miss that show. But like Mutiny within it's 3 times in 6 months they've been here. That's quite a lot.

Akumu
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I did watch a video interview with Paul a few nights ago where he said that they were going to get on "something big" in April - my immediate guess was the Symphony X tour...

I don't think Soilwork will be my thang (I really would have preferred Candlemass!), but I'll definitely give them a chance, since the rest of the lineup is pretty awesome. NEW ENGLAND DATE PLZ. :rocker:

Maiden33
10-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Speaking of oversaturation, I've managed to go over 2 years without seeing Into Eternity now. Damn. Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for being jinxed. Still can't believe a band I don't even like holds my #2 spot for band I've seen the most times, tied with Maiden at SIX.

maidenpriest
10-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Speaking of oversaturation, I've managed to go over 2 years without seeing Into Eternity now. Damn. Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for being jinxed. Still can't believe a band I don't even like holds my #2 spot for band I've seen the most times, tied with Maiden at SIX.

i get what you mean (not as often though). Seen Leave's Eyes twice...tied with Maiden and Symphony X which is quite sad imo. Only Rush is ahead of them all with 3 times haha

Akumu
10-11-2010, 09:39 PM
I've actually never seen Into Eternity! I wonder how I pulled that off. :lol: I will, however, have seen Blackguard five times by the end of 2010, and it'll make 6 next year if they're on this tour...

Maiden33
10-11-2010, 09:43 PM
I've actually never seen Into Eternity! I wonder how I pulled that off. :lol: I will, however, have seen Blackguard five times by the end of 2010, and it'll make 6 next year if they're on this tour...

I think one or two of my times seeing IE may have been regional, not part of an actual tour. They were, as I recall:

-Edguy/Hammerfall - New York, NY - August 16th, 2005
-Stratovarius - Philadelphia, PA - September 20th, 2005
-Gamma Ray - New York, NY - May 1st, 2006
-Edguy - New York, NY - September 16th, 2007
-Iced Earth - Philadelphia, PA - September 24th, 2008

...I think the one I can't remember was with Symphony X in either 2007 or 2008. If anyone knows, helps me out. I've done my best to block them out.

maidenpriest
10-11-2010, 09:46 PM
Think they were with Symphony X the second leg when Epica was the main opener. They were crap if i remember correctly.

xStructualDefect
10-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Into Eternity toured with Symphony X in 2008. Epica was also on the lineup. i enjoy Into Eternity and can't really figure out why people hate them so much, maybe it's because they've seen them as an opening band too many times.

Maiden33
10-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Yeah, with SX in 08 sounds right. Thanks.

For me, the hatred is mostly oversaturation, because six times is WAY too many times to see a band you don't like to begin with. I've seen that band play a total of about 3 and a half hours. Ridiculous.

But overall it's just not my thing at all. I didn't give them MUCH of a shot on studio recordings, but it came off as very prog-for-the-sake-of-prog when it tried to be progressive - the songs just came off sounding random to me, like they threw 6 parts in a blender and made a song. And the vocals... don't get me started. I hate that Stu Block's vocals like you can't believe. Tim Roth sounded like both a better clean vocalist AND growler from what I can remember. Again, I don't have anything to compare it to really, but they sounded pretty damn sloppy most of the times I saw them.

Magson13
10-11-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm seeing them on Halloween with Nevermore.

It does make sense in the overall scheme. They've been here a few times. Last time on the Soilwork/Death Angel tour. I had to miss that show. But like Mutiny within it's 3 times in 6 months they've been here. That's quite a lot.

They weren't on the Soilwork/Death Angel tour....?

MPF
10-12-2010, 03:01 AM
They weren't on the Soilwork/Death Angel tour....?

Really? I swear I saw the promo poster with them listed. I very well could be wrong.

JLRedWing13
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Blackguard wasn't on the Soilwork tour, it was Swashbuckle and Mutiny Within...

MPF
10-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Blackguard wasn't on the Soilwork tour, it was Swashbuckle and Mutiny Within...

Ok that's who I was thinking of.

BloodoftheKings
10-18-2010, 04:21 PM
April 22nd at the Best Buy Theater in NYC. The 3 rumored bands + Blackguard, and powerglove. :rocker:

MPF
10-18-2010, 04:27 PM
April 22nd at the Best Buy Theater in NYC. The 3 rumored bands + Blackguard, and powerglove. :rocker:

:drool::drool::drool:

Maiden33
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM

Jesus christ I'm not going. Wow. :tp:

DethMaiden
10-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Very top-heavy lineup. Symphony X and Nevermore are two of the bands I haven't seen that I most want to see, Soilwork are pretty bad, and Blackguard and Powerglove are two of the cancers killing metal. I'd probably still go and try to come late if a date came close on a convenient date.

MPF
10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Jesus christ I'm not going. Wow. :tp:

I see why you feel that way, but as of right now this is the concert I'm most looking forward to in 2011 as of right now.

maidenpriest
10-18-2010, 07:08 PM
Still going regardless of how much Blackguard and Powerglove suck imo...I've sat through worse opening bands. Worth seeing the 3 other ones

MPF
10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Very top-heavy lineup. Symphony X and Nevermore are two of the bands I haven't seen that I most want to see, Soilwork are pretty bad, and Blackguard and Powerglove are two of the cancers killing metal. I'd probably still go and try to come late if a date came close on a convenient date.

You're kidding right?

Blackguard and Powerglove are killing Metal? Have you heard Suicide Silence, Attack Attack! or We Butter Our Bread With Butter?

DethMaiden
10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
You're kidding right?

Blackguard and Powerglove are killing Metal? Have you heard Suicide Silence, Attack Attack! or We Butter Our Bread With Butter?

For the most part, those bands you're talking about aren't getting on legitimate metal tours. They're just going on tour together and creating packages that I'm not tempted to see. Awful bands who can get onto otherwise good tours are a much bigger problem in my opinion.

MPF
10-18-2010, 07:17 PM
For the most part, those bands you're talking about aren't getting on legitimate metal tours. They're just going on tour together and creating packages that I'm not tempted to see. Awful bands who can get onto otherwise good tours are a much bigger problem in my opinion.

I can't speak for Blackguard, but I got to hang out with Powerglove on the Sonata Arctica tour and they were 4 of the coolest guys in Metal I've met. They really know their shit when it comes to Metal. Not just a poser Video Game band most people take them for. Their instrumentation is fucking stellar. They also said they are planning on creating some original music in the future to prove this point. I really hope they do so people won't typecast them anymore.

Derelict
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
Seriously, who the fuck does blackguard have blackmail pictures of?

Dextrimental
10-18-2010, 08:10 PM
I personally think Powerglove represent whats good for metal these days, four guys who are a) great musicians, b) having immense fun making music and playing it and c) down to Earth guys to boot. Yeah, what they do isn't to everyones taste, it really relys on novelty, and yeah its not original, but with their musicianship they could create some awesome original music.

DethMaiden
10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, to paraphrase TonyD in MPF's signature, I don't listen to music to hear musicianship, I listen to hear good ass songs. Powerglove can play the shit out of their instruments, sure, but they don't do it in a context that I give a shit about.

Dextrimental
10-18-2010, 08:36 PM
Well, to paraphrase TonyD in MPF's signature, I don't listen to music to hear musicianship, I listen to hear good ass songs. Powerglove can play the shit out of their instruments, sure, but they don't do it in a context that I give a shit about.

Oh I get that, as I said, they've a novelty value, and tap into a rather small niche all to themselves, but to say they're part of the cancer killing metal? Thats a bit harsh..

DethMaiden
10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Oh I get that, as I said, they've a novelty value, and tap into a rather small niche all to themselves, but to say they're part of the cancer killing metal? Thats a bit harsh..

Eh, so I exaggerated a little... ;)

SomewhereInTime72
10-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Powerglove are the cancer killing video game music.

Not joking.

idrinkwine732
10-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Seriously, who the fuck does blackguard have blackmail pictures of?

Someone really really really really important.

MPF
10-18-2010, 09:42 PM
I respect that. I like Powerglove, you don't. No bubbles no troubles.

But odds are, they'll be playing first so in your case, you won't necessarily have to be there as the doors open.

I of course will.

Sanitarium78
10-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Considering i've never seen Blackguard live before can somebody tell me some of the bands they've toured with recently. Maybe I missed them at a show I was at because I honestly don't recall ever seeing them:confused:

ShatteredFlame
10-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Considering i've never seen Blackguard live before can somebody tell me some of the bands they've toured with recently. Maybe I missed them at a show I was at because I honestly don't recall ever seeing them:confused:
Since last year them and Swashbuckle have just randomly hoped on every tour it seems.
2009:
April-May - Paganfest (Korpiklaani, Primordial, Moonsorrow)
June-July - Summer Slaughter (Necrophagist, Suffocation, Origin)
November-December - Tour From Afar (Ensiferum, Ex Deo)

2010:
January-February - Epica
May-June - Hypocrisy, Scar Symmetry
And they were on the cancelled Kamelot tour and now are touring with Nevermore and Warbringer and will immediately hop on to Epica again.

And already in 2011 we have this apparently and Decide/Belphegor

Sanitarium78
10-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Since last year them and Swashbuckle have just randomly hoped on every tour it seems.
2009:
April-May - Paganfest (Korpiklaani, Primordial, Moonsorrow)
June-July - Summer Slaughter (Necrophagist, Suffocation, Origin)
November-December - Tour From Afar (Ensiferum, Ex Deo)

2010:
January-February - Epica
May-June - Hypocrisy, Scar Symmetry
And they were on the cancelled Kamelot tour and now are touring with Nevermore and Warbringer and will immediately hop on to Epica again.

And already in 2011 we have this apparently and Decide/Belphegor

The only bands listed here that I like are Epica and Nevermore. So that'll explain why i've never seen Blackguard before.

DementedX14
10-19-2010, 12:59 PM
I could care less if blackgaurd and powerglove tour with these 3 great metal acts. I hope it swings by Chicago because I can't see Nevermore on their current tour.

DementedX14
11-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Here are the dates:

Apr. 21 - The Trocadero - Philadelphia, PA
Apr. 22 - Best Buy Theatre - New York, NY
Apr. 23 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA
Apr. 25 - Metropolis - Montreal, QC - CANADA
Apr. 26 - Salle Albert Rosseau - Quebec City, QC - CANADA
Apr. 27 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON - CANADA
Apr. 29 - Peabody's - Cleveland, OH
Apr. 30 - Blondie's - Detroit, MI
May 01 - Bottom Lounge - Chicago, IL :metal:
May 02 - Station 4 - St. Paul, MN
May 04 - Ogden Theater - Denver, CO
May 06 - Showbox - Seattle, WA
May 07 - Hawthorne Theatre - Portland, OR
May 08 - The Grand Ballroom - San Francisco, CA
May 10 - The Wiltern - Los Angeles, CA
May 11 - Marquee Theatre - Tempe, AZ
May 13 - Trees - Dallas, TX
May 14 - Scout Bar - Houston, TX
May 15 - Backstage Live - San Antonio, TX
May 17 - The Club at Firestone - Orlando, FL
May 18 - Culture Room - Ft. Lauderdale, FL
May 19 - The Masquerade - Atlanta, GA
May 20 - Volume 11 - Raleigh, NC
May 21 - Tremont Music Hall - Charlotte, NC
May 22 - Jaxx - W. Springfield, VA

Source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149103

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
This tour is going to be so incredibly epic, mainly because of Symphony and Nevermore. I can't wait.

DethMaiden
11-09-2010, 12:15 PM
I would love to be at that Chicago date, and it's the Sunday night before finals week, meaning it's highly unlikely that I'll have anything going on the next day. My assumption, however, is that I won't be able to get a ride up there. Phooey. :bouville:

IrritatedTrout
11-09-2010, 12:23 PM
That's a lot of crap openers to have to sit through to see Nevermore/Sym X.

maidenpriest
11-09-2010, 01:23 PM
May 11th im there,idc bout the openers lol

JuuKun
11-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Apr. 23 - The Palladium - Worcester, MA

Hell yes I'm there. I still really wish Psychotic Waltz was doing the US dates instead of Soilwork, but I've wanted to see both Nevermore and Symphony X for a while. So this is great.

And it's not the weekend of NEMHF, so that means full sets from the bands. :party: Always have to worry about April tours getting picked up by the fest.

maidenpriest
11-09-2010, 02:07 PM
now its time to hope that SymX/Nevermore get more then one hour sets. not enough time for both bands imo, esp Symphony with how long a lot of their songs are

MPF
11-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm there May 5th! I still can't believe Symphony X is actually headlining over Nevermore. What I'm hoping for somewhat realistically is:

Blackguard: 25 minutes
Powerglove: 30 minutes
Soilwork: 45 minutes
Nevermore: 60 minutes
Symphony X: 90 minutes...then The Odyssey as additional encore

idrinkwine732
11-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I really want to know what Blackguard are using to con their way onto these tours.

MPF
11-09-2010, 05:24 PM
I really want to know what Blackguard are using to con their way onto these tours.

From seeing them and hanging out with them during Halloween I'll say this:

They're young and marketable and play a great style of music that goes well with the tours they are getting offered. I hate the fact they are on Victory Records now *I'd give anything for BTBAM and Darkest Hour to get to their senses and find a respectable label*

Are they getting over saturated? Of course!
Are they shitty band? Not by a long shot!

Sanitarium78
11-09-2010, 05:26 PM
That's a lot of crap openers to have to sit through to see Nevermore/Sym X.

Find out around what time the first band will be getting on stage at and just show up late. That's what i've started doing now when there's too many openers I don't know or don't care about. Symphony X and Nevermore is enough for me, there's nothing that says you have to be there for the openers.

Too bad it's not hitting my town but i'm not the least bit shocked by that. Maybe if I get a new passport by the Toronto date i'll go to that show. Traveling to Cleveland might be an option to, i'll have to see what's going on when April comes around before I know for sure.

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Are they getting over saturated? Of course!
Are they shitty band? Not by a long shot!

Exactly. I don't really understand all the Blackguard hate. I thought they were pretty solid when they opened for Nevermore last month. Then again, I've only seen them once, where I'm sure some people here have seen them multiple times. But they are by no means a bad band.

Maiden33
11-09-2010, 05:53 PM
There's no way Symphony X is playing longer than about 90 minutes, because they don't even do that when they play alone.

xStructualDefect
11-09-2010, 06:00 PM
solid lineup. i'm probably one of the only people who is really interested in seeing the whole lineup. i'm not a fan of Powerglove and Blackguard on studio, but they were pretty good and fun when i saw them live. i'd consider myself a casual fan of Soilwork. not a fan of Nevermore but i'm interested in seeing them. and Symphony X is one of my top 10 favorite bands and were amazing live when i saw them 2 years ago.

idrinkwine732
11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Exactly. I don't really understand all the Blackguard hate. I thought they were pretty solid when they opened for Nevermore last month. Then again, I've only seen them once, where I'm sure some people here have seen them multiple times. But they are by no means a bad band.

I think they're a mediocre to average band at best. It's just annoying as shit when they're the band that you've seen the most and you aren't even a fan of them.

MPF
11-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I think they're a mediocre to average band at best. It's just annoying as shit when they're the band that you've seen the most and you aren't even a fan of them.

That does make sense. But at the same time, you could say that about any band that's been popping up lately. To me I'm happy that it's a band like Blackguard getting bigger rather then any of the Deathcore bands in the last couple years.

Maiden33
11-09-2010, 06:30 PM

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Xrl5GwIaNMAQeM:http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/BucketHead06/Band%20Logos/IntoEternity_logo.jpg&t=1

makethemsuffer12
11-09-2010, 06:35 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Xrl5GwIaNMAQeM:http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/BucketHead06/Band%20Logos/IntoEternity_logo.jpg&t=1

:finger2:

DementedX14
11-09-2010, 06:38 PM
*I'd give anything for BTBAM and Darkest Hour to get to their senses and find a respectable label*

Darkest Hour left Victory Records earlier this year. They are currently signed to E1 Music.

Source: http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/04/12/exclusive-darkest-hour-sign-with-e1/

Maiden33
11-09-2010, 06:39 PM
:finger2:

Jealous that I've seen them 6 times?

Actually, they're no longer in the #1 spot. Tesla is #1 (with 7). Maiden is tied with IE for #2 (at 6 apiece).

MPF
11-09-2010, 06:39 PM

Say what you want about Into Eternity, their ex drummer. Adam Sagen is the shit. He's now opening for GWAR in Infernaeon. I hung out with him a few times while he was working at Guitar Center in Oakdale, MN before he went off on this tour. He knows his shit!

Maiden33
11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Say what you want about Into Eternity, their ex drummer. Adam Sagen is the shit. He's now opening for GWAR in Infernaeon. I hung out with him a few times while he was working at Guitar Center in Oakdale, MN before he went off on this tour. He knows his shit!

I saw Into Eternity with two separate drummers, and I don't think I remember a damn thing about either one. I was too focused on my tangible hatred for Stu Block.

MPF
11-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Darkest Hour left Victory Records earlier this year. They are currently signed to E1 Music.

Source: http://www.noisecreep.com/2010/04/12/exclusive-darkest-hour-sign-with-e1/

Once BTBAM releases their new EP next year, I hope that will fill out their contract and they can leave as well.

DethMaiden
11-09-2010, 06:42 PM
I saw Into Eternity with two separate drummers, and I don't think I remember a damn thing about either one. I was too focused on my tangible hatred for Stu Block.

No way, the fat guitarist is way more annoying.

I liked Into Eternity the one time I saw them (Gigantour 2006) but I can't say I've ever been compelled to listen to them at home since then.

MPF
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM

He was the drummer that wrote and recorded on The Scattering of Ashes. He did the first tour then immediately left after the last show. The combination of driving from Madison, Wisconsin to Canada for band practice on a weekly basis, and the band's attitude made him leave.

Maiden33
11-09-2010, 06:43 PM
No way, the fat guitarist is way more annoying.

I liked Into Eternity the one time I saw them (Gigantour 2006) but I can't say I've ever been compelled to listen to them at home since then.

I actually think Tim Roth is the only member of the band I didn't hate. I thought he was both a better clean singer and growler than Stu, and not a bad guitarist.

DethMaiden
11-09-2010, 06:45 PM
I actually think Tim Roth is the only member of the band I didn't hate. I thought he was both a better clean singer and growler than Stu, and not a bad guitarist.

I dunno, guys who shred who know they can shred so they get up in your face to shred are kind of annoying unless you love the band, and I don't. It was over four years ago though, so I'm probably talking out of my ass. Just my recollection.

Maiden33
11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
I dunno, guys who shred who know they can shred so they get up in your face to shred are kind of annoying unless you love the band, and I don't. It was over four years ago though, so I'm probably talking out of my ass. Just my recollection.

I know what you're talking about, and just about every time I saw them, the whole band reeked of "Look at us, we're hot shit!"

DisasterPiece120
11-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I'm really excited for this tour. Hoping I can get to hear The Odyssey :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
11-09-2010, 09:42 PM
They played the Odyssey as their encore last tour. :rocker:

I'll be at the Dallas show for sure but it's hard to get too excited about a concert that's over 6 months away.

Maiden33
11-09-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Symphony X will not be playing The Odyssey on this tour.

If I had to guess, their set will be:
Of Sins and Shadows, Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, Inferno, like 3 songs off of Paradise Lost (Set the World on Fire, Serpent's Kiss, and the title track), and like 5 songs off the new album. Maybe another older one, like Evolution or a longer track. That's it.

maidenpriest
11-09-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Symphony X will not be playing The Odyssey on this tour.

If I had to guess, their set will be:
Of Sins and Shadows, Sea of Lies, Smoke and Mirrors, Inferno, like 3 songs off of Paradise Lost (Set the World on Fire, Serpent's Kiss, and the title track), and like 5 songs off the new album. Maybe another older one, like Evolution or a longer track. That's it.

im PRAYING for something off V this tour. idc what it is. and I am hoping they play maybe one deep track for the hardcore fans. Like when they did Egypt or Looking Glass (i saw neither :( )

darkguardian50
11-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Definitely going to see them in Lauderdale. Never actually been to the Culture Room. Just as psyched to see Nevermore really. Soilwork is pretty awesome to (prefer the old stuff tho).

ravenheart
11-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Mercenary just got added to the European version of this. Full line-up is now:

Symphony X
Nevermore
Psychotic Waltz
Mercenary
Thaurorod

MPF
11-10-2010, 05:21 PM
Mercenary just got added to the European version of this. Full line-up is now:

Symphony X
Nevermore
Psychotic Waltz
Mercenary
Thaurorod

FUCK!

TO me, both lineups are perfect. but The Euro tour is better simply because Psychotic Waltz is back together. But I'm no way disappointed by the NA tour. Although I have saw 3 of the 5 bands in the last 6 months.

makethemsuffer12
11-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm hoping for Domination and Out of the Ashes.

Damn, I really wish I was more familiar with their material when I saw them back in '08.

Maiden33
11-10-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm hoping for Domination and Out of the Ashes.

Damn, I really wish I was more familiar with their material when I saw them back in '08.

I wouldn't rule out either one. Especially Domination.

DethMaiden
11-10-2010, 07:16 PM
MY

DOMINATION

WALK

ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?

JuuKun
11-10-2010, 07:32 PM
FUCK!

TO me, both lineups are perfect. but The Euro tour is better simply because Psychotic Waltz is back together. But I'm no way disappointed by the NA tour. Although I have saw 3 of the 5 bands in the last 6 months.

Yeah, this makes me jealous.

I don't hate Soilwork. I like a fair bit of their material and if they play a couple of songs from, say, Natural Born Chaos & back, and Sworn to a Great Divide, I won't complain about seeing them. There are far worse bands to be in that spot. However, I'm REALLY jealous that Europe gets Psychotic Waltz and Mercenary. I've only fairly recently gotten into Psychotic Waltz, but I've wanted to see Mercenary for quite awhile.

Speaking of Mercenary, I'm surprised that they haven't gotten on any US tours. They've got the musical potential to feasibly fit in opening for most Melodeath, Prog/Power, or even some Thrash bands. I feel like they could get themselves a decent following over here fairly fast if they toured with the right combination of bands.

AnthG
11-16-2010, 08:39 PM
Apr. 27 - The Opera House - Toronto, ON - CANADA

I'm already there.

I don't even give two shits about the two opening bands or Symphony X, but I missed Nevermore on their last headlining run, and haven't seen Soilwork since 2006. Plus a buddy of mine is a big Symphony X fan. This should work out great.

MPF
03-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Just confirmed from a good freidn of mine who is the local Metal Concert Promoter in the Twin Cities:

"Soilwork dropped off the tour, no reason is given yet, but wait about 24 hours for the official announcement and reasons why."

makethemsuffer12
03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Oh well, not a huge loss. Soilwork are a good band, but I don't listen to them. Maybe they can get someone better...

slapguitarer
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Soilwork dropped off the tour, no reason is given yet, but wait about 24 hours for the official announcement and reasons why

Longer Powerglove set? :D

BloodoftheKings
03-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Oh well, not a huge loss. Soilwork are a good band, but I don't listen to them. Maybe they can get someone better...

Better yet, make Symphony X & Nevermore's sets longer.

MPF
03-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Better yet, make Symphony X & Nevermore's sets longer.

THIS!

....as long as Nevermore switches up their set. I don't want to see the same set I saw on Halloween, which is what they are doing now sans 3-4 songs.

idrinkwine732
03-07-2011, 06:21 PM
MY

DOMINATION

WALK

ARE YOU TALKIN' TO ME?

I read this for the first time right now and burst out laughing.

gilpdawg
03-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Soilwork is not listed for the Cleveland show anymore, so apparently this thing about them dropping off is true. Oh well, longer sets for SX and Nevermore.

JuuKun
03-08-2011, 05:39 AM
It'd be nice if we got Psychotic Waltz for a replacement, but it won't happen...

girnny777
03-08-2011, 05:47 AM
I'm glad Soilwork dropped off. Hopefully it means they're doing another headlining tour.

AnthG
03-08-2011, 08:44 AM
They're not listed for the Toronto show on Inertia Entertainment's website at the moment anymore either.

It'd be cool if they released a statement. They haven't fucking mentioned it yet, and if I didn't curiously browse Inertia a few days ago I wouldn't have noticed. And their website, facebook page, and myspace page still have the dates up and tour posters up.

It's a good thing I didn't buy my ticket yet since Soilwork is the reason I want to go. I'm indifferent to Symphony X and I like Nevermore, but if Soilwork drops off the tour I don't think i'll be going...Lame.

Onioner
03-08-2011, 09:42 AM
That is the best news I've heard about the tour yet. I'm so down for longer Symphony X and Nevermore sets.

DethMaiden
03-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Fuck...gonna be harder to get there before Nevermore without another buffer band. I might have to skip an extremely fucking important meeting for this show. :lol:

gilpdawg
03-09-2011, 03:56 AM
I've been reminded that I'm currently riding solo for this show, so if anybody needs a ride that lives along the I-70 area from say, Indy to Columbus, hit me up.

WOLVERINEKILLS
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Its official, no Soilwork:

http://vdob.blogspot.com/2011/03/soilwork-drop-off-symphony-x-and.html

Akumu
04-11-2011, 11:32 AM
So rumor has it that Nevermore's off the tour as well...

Steev
04-11-2011, 11:55 AM
So rumor has it that Nevermore's off the tour as well...

seriously?

fuck this

Butcher of Birth
04-11-2011, 12:00 PM
Tour is getting better for me!

BlackmoreOfBowling
04-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Death to Melodic/Nerdical Wank Metal.

Derelict
04-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Thanks for the update.

Never understood why some people care so fucking much what other people listen to.

makethemsuffer12
04-11-2011, 12:18 PM

You can go fuck yourself.

I'm seriously pissed about Nevermore dropping. They were half the reason why I'm going. At least I saw them on their headlining tour...

DementedX14
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
LAME! Here is a post (http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/04/11/nevermore-off-symphony-x-tour/) that mentions this sucky announcement.

mankvill
04-11-2011, 12:41 PM

haha lookit this mothafucka.

Indestructible
04-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Lets hope Nevermore doesn't cancell my date, Im suppose to see them on the 20th.

DethMaiden
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
FUCK. DAMMIT.

Symphony X better fucking play The Odyssey and Divine Wings to make up for this shit.

Steev
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Lets hope Nevermore doesn't cancell my date, Im suppose to see them on the 20th.

theyre off the whole tour according to Enter The Vault

Indestructible
04-11-2011, 01:21 PM
theyre off the whole tour according to Enter The Vault

This was an off date so Nevermore is headlining. Symphony X and Soilwork weren't going to be there.

Indestructible
04-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Nevermore facebook update:
"Nevermore has cancelled all upcoming North American tour dates. An official statement from the band will be issued shortly."

this might mean no buffalo date for me:bawling:

BloodoftheKings
04-11-2011, 01:39 PM
this might mean no buffalo date for me:bawling:

What part of all don't you understand?

DethMaiden
04-11-2011, 01:40 PM
What part of all don't you understand?

:lol: That's what I'm saying.

It's okay, dude. They probably couldn't sell enough tickets to make it worth their time. They're pretty underground there.

Indestructible
04-11-2011, 01:46 PM
:lol: That's what I'm saying.

It's okay, dude. They probably couldn't sell enough tickets to make it worth their time. They're pretty underground there.

Im sure you know the metal scene pretty well in a city you don't live in.:rolleyes:

Im sure Nevermore is pretty underground everywhere.

Chyck
04-11-2011, 02:08 PM
So... that sucks. As much as I want to see Symphony X, for the amount I paid for my ticket, they'd better replace Nevermore.

ShatteredFlame
04-11-2011, 02:29 PM
This tour got kicked in the ass

MPF
04-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I'll find out tonight if there is a replacement for Nevermore,m or if Symphony X, Powerglove and Blackguard will be getting longer sets.

BloodoftheKings
04-11-2011, 02:35 PM
I heard Symphony X is leaving the tour now as well :(

Onioner
04-11-2011, 02:37 PM
I heard Symphony X is leaving the tour now as well :(

I would lol if I ever owned a concert ticket with none of the actual bands playing on it.

BloodoftheKings
04-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Just called up the venue to ask if I can get a refund and they said no cause nevermore was only an opener. :mad::flame::finger2:

makethemsuffer12
04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
Just called up the venue to ask if I can get a refund and they said no cause nevermore was only an opener. :mad::flame::finger2:

Dude, honestly, if you want my opinion, start listening to some more SX like now. They really are amazing live. I only knew one fucking song by them when I saw them 3 years ago and I had an awesome time.

Steev
04-11-2011, 04:11 PM
wow fuck this show

to compensate for Nevermore dropping off the Philly date added a shitty local band(like the worst Metallica ripoff possible, seriously Blabbermouth gave their album a more than generous 4, then got attacked by their idiot friends via lame comments)

ugggghh that completely ruined that show for me, atleast Powerglove is coming around on Summer Slaughter

Maiden33
04-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Anyone have tickets for the Trocadero show that wants to not go now since Nevermore cancelled? If you'll sell them to me less than face value, I'll strongly consider.

Steev
04-11-2011, 05:37 PM
as a matter of fact, here's the review

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=1893

yeah, them getting added officially made it "fuck this show"

Wizzbang11
04-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Im sure you know the metal scene pretty well in a city you don't live in.:rolleyes:

Im sure Nevermore is pretty underground everywhere.

He just doesn't get it.

girnny777
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Wow, that's awful news. The only other time I remember seeing a tour fall apart like this was when Misfits dropped off their tour with Motorhead back in 2007 or 2008.

Steev
04-11-2011, 05:42 PM
Anyone have tickets for the Trocadero show that wants to not go now since Nevermore cancelled? If you'll sell them to me less than face value, I'll strongly consider.

Im pretty sure you'd be able to just walk right in

you have a band who does "ok" but doesn't sell big in Philly as a headliner(Symphony X)
a band with some notoriety but isn't a big name yet(Powerglove, who will also probably be back in June)
a band who plays the area alot on the same kind of tours(Blackguard)
and a local band that, well they'll probably get their friends to show up, but they couldn't even sell out a bar with Fuel-remember them?-headlining(Stygian)

that is a pretty weak show IMO, considering how promising it started off

Steev
04-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Wow, that's awful news. The only other time I remember seeing a tour fall apart like this was when Misfits dropped off their tour with Motorhead back in 2007 or 2008.

I remember because Airbourne(who were just getting big) dropped off too

so it was basically Motorhead(who did the Priest tour a month earlier) and a bunch of small bands Volcom endorsed

Maiden33
04-11-2011, 05:44 PM
I wasn't asking because I think it's sold out/will sell out, I know it won't. I was asking because I'm still not interested in paying $26 + charges to go, but if some Nevermore fan who already bought tickets now didn't want to go, and wanted to dump their tickets for like $20 apiece, I'd gladly take them.

Steev
04-11-2011, 05:46 PM
I wasn't asking because I think it's sold out/will sell out, I know it won't. I was asking because I'm still not interested in paying $26 + charges to go, but if some Nevermore fan who already bought tickets now didn't want to go, and wanted to dump their tickets for like $20 apiece, I'd gladly take them.

ah, fair enough

honestly I was only going for Nevermore and Powerglove, and now Im just saying fuck it, Im not paying that much just for Powerglove, Id rather see them at Summer Slaughter(atleast if I pay that much there they have other bands I like)

JuuKun
04-11-2011, 07:08 PM
It sucks that Nevermore's off the tour, I wanted to see them more than I did Symphony X. I'll still almost definitely be buying a ticket, though, because I've had to pass on SymX the last two times they've been through and haven't seen them yet.

MPF
04-11-2011, 07:11 PM
All the more reason I'm glad I saw Nevermore on Halloween.

My sources aren't coming in yet, but I think it's pretty safe to ASSume that local band(s) will be opening with a running order of Blackguard, Powerglove, then Symphony X.

ChildrenofSodom
04-11-2011, 07:19 PM
Truth be told, I only wanted to see Nevermore. But hanging out with my best bro and going home for the weekend should make up for it.

AnthG
04-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Well, the 2 bands I was interested in seeing are now gone. Lame.

slapguitarer
04-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I heard Powerglove is getting a longer set now. :party:

But it's still really fucking lame Nevermore dropped out. :flame:

maidenpriest
04-11-2011, 07:57 PM
not going to lie this really sucks. only way it could be better is if Symphony played a decently long set that wasnt Paradise Lost heavy...and i doubt that would happen. oh well.

Steev
04-11-2011, 08:36 PM
If the articles coming out now are any indication, there's gonna be a lot of people seeking refunds

That could kill this tour

Akumu
04-12-2011, 01:37 AM

I'm strongly reminded of that Hypocrisy/Ensiferum/Ex Deo tour myself...

Sanitarium78
04-12-2011, 06:10 AM
This sucks:mad: I was gonna see them next week. They were doing a few headline gigs before the Symphony X tour started and my show was one of them.

I know the band has been plagued by health issues the last few years. I hope there isn't any more bad news in related to that coming.

GameFreac
04-12-2011, 12:38 PM
I was really only going for Symphony X and Powerglove anyways so this doesn't really affect me at all.

MPF
04-12-2011, 12:51 PM
My sources came back to me.

Considering how short of notice Nevermore canceling was, it will be for ethe most part just Symphony X, Powerglove, and Blackguard all playing longer sets. some venues already had local openers in mind and that is why they are getting promotion now. Had Nevermore not canceled, those bands would have still played.

Here in St. Paul, it just the 3 bands. SWEET!

maidenpriest
04-12-2011, 12:55 PM
My sources came back to me.

Considering how short of notice Nevermore canceling was, it will be for ethe most part just Symphony X, Powerglove, and Blackguard all playing longer sets. some venues already had local openers in mind and that is why they are getting promotion now. Had Nevermore not canceled, those bands would have still played.

Here in St. Paul, it just the 3 bands. SWEET!

i think AZ is only 3 bands as well because the ticket company isn't listing any other bands. (the Marquee doesn't have their own website...) so yay!!!!

Indestructible
04-12-2011, 08:12 PM
From Warrel Danes twitter
"Jim is recovering very well after major brain surgery, the reason for the tour cancellation has nothing to do with him, Jeff and Van cancelled the tour for personal and family issues"

MPF
04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
The rumors are really heating up that Nevermore is history. I really hope that is not true. :(

Indestructible
04-12-2011, 09:02 PM
The rumors are really heating up that Nevermore is history. I really hope that is not true. :(

They can't break up :( Warrel Dane said Jim is doing fine and that Jeff and Van have family and personal issues. It doesn't seem like Nevermore is breaking up, I wouldn't worry until the band talks about breaking up.

MPF
04-12-2011, 09:24 PM
They can't break up :( Warrel Dane said Jim is doing fine and that Jeff and Van have family and personal issues. It doesn't seem like Nevermore is breaking up, I wouldn't worry until the band talks about breaking up.

Sadly it may be true. Warrell Dane announced on his Twitter tonight that Jeff Loomis and Van Williams called off The tour for Personal and family issues....almost always that means that there is major band turmoil going on. Originally, Nevermore was going to breakup after The Godless Endeavor, but they got offered the Gigantour bill with Megadeth and Dream Theater, so they kept things going until they got sick of each other, and went on their seperate ways then reconciled back in 2010 to give it "one last shot". It's not looking good at all.

Again I want this to just be a shitty rumor, I really fucking hope so.

moobys37
04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Sadly it may be true. Warrell Dane announced on his Twitter tonight that Jeff Loomis and Van Williams called off The tour for Personal and family issues....almost always that means that there is major band turmoil going on. Originally, Nevermore was going to breakup after The Godless Endeavor, but they got offered the Gigantour bill with Megadeth and Dream Theater, so they kept things going until they got sick of each other, and went on their seperate ways then reconciled back in 2010 to give it "one last shot". It's not looking good at all.

Again I want this to just be a shitty rumor, I really fucking hope so.

Warrel denied the rumors via twitter.

MPF
04-12-2011, 09:31 PM
Warrel denied the rumors via twitter.

*Wipes forehead* Thank the metal gods.

JuuKun
04-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Sadly it may be true. Warrell Dane announced on his Twitter tonight that Jeff Loomis and Van Williams called off The tour for Personal and family issues....almost always that means that there is major band turmoil going on.

Or, y'know, that they actually have something going on with their family. I'm sure you're not somebody that has to be reminded that these bands are made of real people with real lives outside of music. Almost everyone has to call off prior engagements due to personal or family issues at some point in their life. I know I've done it...had to do it more times than I'd care to admit, actually.

Nevermore could be breaking up. But I'd like to think not because I still haven't seen them yet and I'd be pissed.

MPF
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Or, y'know, that they actually have something going on with their family. I'm sure you're not somebody that has to be reminded that these bands are made of real people with real lives outside of music. Almost everyone has to call off prior engagements due to personal or family issues at some point in their life. I know I've done it...had to do it more times than I'd care to admit, actually.

Nevermore could be breaking up. But I'd like to think not because I still haven't seen them yet and I'd be pissed.

...And I'm not saying that isn't the case, and if they would have just said that it was family issue then I wouldn't have said a word. But when they add "personal issues" it rarely is anything but they don't want to be in a band right now and they need a break. And Of course there are times where it actually it is something personal that is not band related.

I just hope all parties involved are and will be ok.

PlaysWithKnives
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
It sucks Nevermore had to cancel. I was really looking forward to their show here next week. They got to do what they got to do. Hopefully they work out whatever it may be.

electrocute1031
04-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Heres the reason for the tour cancellation
"Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure"

Nevermore guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released a joint statement:

“In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time.”

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band’s first album, 1995’s self titled, Nevermore.

NEVERMORE recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

Stay tuned for more information regarding NEVERMORE.

makethemsuffer12
04-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Heres the reason for the tour cancellation
"Jeff Loomis and Van Williams of Nevermore Announce Their Departure"

Nevermore guitar player Jeff Loomis and drummer Van Williams have announced their departure from the group. The two have released a joint statement:

“In a mutual decision Jeff Loomis and Van Williams have decided to leave Nevermore. The time has come to pursue our own paths from the group. Due to internal struggles and ongoing issues within the band, we feel it is our time to move on. We would like to thank all of our fans around the world for their years of love, support and enthusiasm. This was not an easy decision but a very necessary one at this point, may we all meet again someday, somewhere in time.”

Loomis and Williams had been with Nevermore since the band’s first album, 1995’s self titled, Nevermore.

NEVERMORE recently announced that they would be cancelling their planned tour with Symphony X. No information regarding additional confirmed tour dates is known at this time.

Stay tuned for more information regarding NEVERMORE.
No...fucking...way...

I can't fucking believe this.

MPF
04-21-2011, 11:45 AM
CALLED IT!

This Fucking SUCKS!!!

Steev
04-21-2011, 12:18 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!

I was on the guest list for their show in the fall and couldn't get off work

slapguitarer
04-21-2011, 02:13 PM