PDA

View Full Version : All That Remains-For We Are Many

mastodon421
10-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I got to say I really enjoyed this record. It blends the older ATR sound of This Darkened Heart and The Fall Of Ideals with the newer ATR sound of Overcome. Phil Labonte has really expanded his range of vocals and at times his vocals are death metal esque. Bottom Line Worth checking if you are a fan of ATR, if you don't like them it most likely won't change your mind. Imo It is tied with This Darkened Heart as my 2nd favorite ATR record.

Fires Of Sedition
10-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I listened to Hold On. I am disappoint.

mastodon421
10-09-2010, 10:35 AM

I am not really too big on Hold On either, its the only song I am not too fond of. The rest of it is quite good though.

Fires Of Sedition
10-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Ah, that's good. Hold On is lame.

smearCampaign
10-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Just listened to about 3/4 of the album on their myspace. Little to no improvement over their last album IMO, hot topic-core all the way. I don't have an issue with clean vocals when they are done well. It's just that it sounds so forced and cheesy on this record. I was rolling my eyes about every 30 seconds. I really like Behind Silence and Solitude and This Darkened Heart but beyond that, I'll pass.

Also, Phil's sunglasses in every press photo on their myspace looks pretty goofy. Whata tough guy. :cool:

xStructualDefect
10-09-2010, 02:40 PM
hot topic-core

lol

AnthG
10-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Definitely an improvement over Overcome, but still not great. In fact, if this album came right after The fall of Ideals, i probably wouldn't like it that much since it's essentially a lesser carbon copy of that album.

jhdeity
10-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Just listened to about 3/4 of the album on their myspace. Little to no improvement over their last album IMO, hot topic-core all the way. I don't have an issue with clean vocals when they are done well. It's just that it sounds so forced and cheesy on this record. I was rolling my eyes about every 30 seconds. I really like Behind Silence and Solitude and This Darkened Heart but beyond that, I'll pass.

Also, Phil's sunglasses in every press photo on their myspace looks pretty goofy. Whata tough guy. :cool:

Not hateful but hot topic-core describes it perfectly.

MPF
10-10-2010, 10:53 PM
Yes, outside of the intro track *which actually is pretty Brutal* All the My Chemical Romance/HIM/Fake Dimmu Borgir fans haning out at the Attitude Bunny T-Shirt Section of Hot Topic will go fucking bonkerz for this album.

300%_Density
10-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Yes, outside of the intro track *which actually is pretty Brutal* All the My Chemical Romance/HIM/Fake Dimmu Borgir fans haning out at the Attitude Bunny T-Shirt Section of Hot Topic will go fucking bonkerz for this album.

Yes. No other words. Yes.

Nick_to_the_face
10-15-2010, 08:10 AM
I've only heard "For We Are Many" and "Hold on". For we are many is pretty badass, but when i heard hold on...i almost threw my laptop out the damn window

jd091
10-29-2010, 01:25 AM
I concur. Seeing them live in a couple of weeks, though. Hopefully they can recreate that feeling I got the first time I heard Six, years ago:rocker:

The_jman
10-31-2010, 11:11 AM
Really liked this record, hated it the first listen through, because its clearly not the fall of ideals and isn't really overcome either, and I like both styles for differing reasons.
but its grown on me. the fall of ideals is certainly still much better, as for a comparison to overcome, I've still yet to decide.

Is it album of the year for me? no.

I was reminded of soilwork's latest in listening to this, not to compare the two bands, because soilworks new one is far superior, but I thought ATR was trying to do something like soilwork did, combine the harder earlier style with the more melotic newer style... It just didn't work out as well for ATR as it did for soilwork.