PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax -- Uniondale, NY -- October 8th, 2010

bt11763
10-08-2010, 09:40 PM
Awesome show. Got the first pit started, first time seeing Anthrax and first time seeing Slayer in the pit. Couldn't really enjoy it to the fullest because I think I broke my ankle during Holy Wars, but we'll see.

ANYWAY all of the setlists were the same minus Anthrax's. They added a new song right before Metal Thrashing Mad. A new fucking song. And they said they only played it tonight because it was a home town show, and they're not gonna play it for the rest of the tour. The song was fucking sick, I can't fully remember the name because Joey screamed it. Final something. I'll try posting a video of it, I'm sure one will go up.

That's it for me tonight. My ankle is fucking killing me.

girnny777
10-08-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the new song was "Fight 'Em Till You Can't"

bobbie solo
10-09-2010, 01:40 AM
yes, thats it. they did it with dan nelson a few times too iirc. it sounded really good, i was so psyched when scott announced it. the opening riff is exactly like one of their old songs, cant remember which. the song was really good, could prolly use a slightly different-sounding part towards the end, as it starts to get repetitive.

the show was great. everyone sounded as good as one can hope in that miserable arena. the crowd was worse than any slayer show ive been to. i seriously think the two men in their mid-50's next to me were close to retarded. the amount of boneheads was staggering...shouldnt be surprised i guess...older LI crowd and all.

bt11763
10-09-2010, 08:47 AM
yes, thats it. they did it with dan nelson a few times too iirc. it sounded really good, i was so psyched when scott announced it. the opening riff is exactly like one of their old songs, cant remember which. the song was really good, could prolly use a slightly different-sounding part towards the end, as it starts to get repetitive.

the show was great. everyone sounded as good as one can hope in that miserable arena. the crowd was worse than any slayer show ive been to. i seriously think the two men in their mid-50's next to me were close to retarded. the amount of boneheads was staggering...shouldnt be surprised i guess...older LI crowd and all.

nah the crowd wasn't that bad at all. when i went to american carnage they were pitiful. you are right about the boneheads, but i'm probably just used to their presence :lol:

bt11763
10-09-2010, 09:06 AM
here's a video of the song, good quality too.

and you were right grinny, it is "Fight 'em 'til You Can't"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoL5ptP3Cko

Sanitarium78
10-09-2010, 12:35 PM

:rocker::rocker:

Awesome!! Classic Anthrax right there. I wonder if all they're gonna do is re-record 'Worship Music' with Belladonna on vocals and release it. The need to get a new album out quick to capitalize on Joey's return before this reunion blows up in their faces:lol:

300%_Density
10-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Love that song, had a boot of their first show w/ Nelson and I love that song and got to actually see them on one of the few shows w/ Nelson do that song live. I'm so excited that they are doing this song now. Jealous I can't see it.

bt11763
10-09-2010, 07:26 PM
:rocker::rocker:

Awesome!! Classic Anthrax right there. I wonder if all they're gonna do is re-record 'Worship Music' with Belladonna on vocals and release it. The need to get a new album out quick to capitalize on Joey's return before this reunion blows up in their faces:lol:

:lol: yeah when scott announced that they were gonna have the record out next year he kind of stopped and pointed to joey and nodded his head and joey had such a smirk on his face, hilarious. everyone was cheering for that too haha

davidis138
10-10-2010, 03:52 AM

Sounds like the album should be worth the wait :party:

makethemsuffer12
10-10-2010, 10:29 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147457

Dan Nelson is not happy.

SomewhereInTime72
10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
The riff sounds a shitload like "Gridlock."

JRA
10-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Scott's a lying prick, but I'd rather hear the song with Joey.

ravenheart
10-10-2010, 04:49 PM
Wow, that's... average. And not event remotely like classic Anthrax.

Hope the album's a lot better than that.

DethMaiden
10-10-2010, 04:51 PM
I thought the song sounded just fine. :confused: Very Persistence of Time, which is fine by me. I'd still rather hear another classic than that on Thursday though, honestly.

bobbie solo
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM
The riff sounds a shitload like "Gridlock."

yes, i couldnt think of it. thank u. i think the song sounds great, but that riff is reeeeaally close to gridlock.

300%_Density
10-10-2010, 11:09 PM
Good god both sides need to shut the fuck up already. Worse than one of those celebrity couples that break up then find the need to take shots at each other through FB/Twitter/Whatever else. Let it die already. Thats why so many people hate Anthrax at this point.

davidis138
10-11-2010, 03:25 AM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147457

Dan Nelson is not happy.

He makes a good point.

Good god both sides need to shut the fuck up already. Worse than one of those celebrity couples that break up then find the need to take shots at each other through FB/Twitter/Whatever else. Let it die already. Thats why so many people hate Anthrax at this point.

He makes a good point. They both make good points.

300%_Density
10-11-2010, 10:54 AM
He makes a good point.

He makes a good point. They both make good points.

They are both good points but really thats what 2 years ago. Those 2 sides are the only ones still bitter about it. The rest of the world has moved on.

davidis138
10-12-2010, 01:42 AM
They are both good points but really thats what 2 years ago. Those 2 sides are the only ones still bitter about it. The rest of the world has moved on.

Yeah the new album was supposed to be out already but you see how that went. I'll still check it out when it finally comes out and go see them if they do a headlining tour but really Dan Nelson does need to move on and Anthrax needs to fess up to the bullshit they pulled.