PDA

View Full Version : In Flames to enter the studio next week

Travis The Dragon
10-05-2010, 02:45 PM
Swedish metallers IN FLAMES will enter their own IF studios in Gothenburg, Sweden next week to begin pre-production on their next album. According to the band, "The plan is to spend the remaining part of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 creating and recording the follow-up to 'A Sense Of Purpose'."

Guitarist Jesper Strömblad quit IN FLAMES in February in order to continue receiving treatment for his alcohol addiction.

The band spent the last few months touring the world with Strömblad's temporary replacement, Niclas Engelin from the Swedish band ENGEL.

Engelin had helped IN FLAMES on a couple of occasions in the past and is no stranger to the band's songs or the touring life.SOURCE (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147181)

That's great! But what I'm wondering is Jesper or Niclas going to be the guitar player on the album? I guess only time will tell.

Derelict
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm old enough to remember in flames being good

mankvill
10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
I'm old enough to remember in flames being good

Damn, Grandpa.

daimonos
10-05-2010, 03:23 PM
:zzz:

Derelict
10-05-2010, 03:28 PM
I used to walk 36 miles in the snow with no shoes to school, listening to in flames on my portable phonograph

Travis The Dragon
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Personally, their last 4 albums are my favorites with ASOP being my most favorite.

idrinkwine732
10-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Personally, their last 4 albums are my favorites with ASOP being my most favorite.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/58.jpg

bt11763
10-05-2010, 04:09 PM
http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/58.jpg

as much as i agree with this, i got into them after ASOP so i don't hate it.

i just know how much it blows compared to the real in flames.

Indestructible
10-05-2010, 04:11 PM
The only In Flames Album I don't like much is A Sense Of Purpose. Let's hope the new album is better than ASOP

makethemsuffer12
10-05-2010, 04:51 PM
GODDAMMIT FONZY

(that was my first one, I think.)
The only In Flames Album I don't like much is A Sense Of Purpose. Let's hope the new album is better than ASOP

With Jesper being out of the picture, don't count on it. If I remember reading correctly, Bjorn was the one who wanted to go in their current direction, so I can't see much good coming out of this album, assuming Bjorn and Anders are the sole writers now.

BTW, I'm not saying that I hate their recent stuff, I'm just saying that I, like most of us, prefer their Jester Race/Whoracle era sound.

mastodon421
10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm intrested to see how this record turns out. I didn't like A Sense Of Purpose either and I am not expecting another Clayman or Colony, but I am intrigued to see how this record pans out.

JLRedWing13
10-05-2010, 05:11 PM
I'm not holding out hope for this.......

Indestructible
10-05-2010, 05:24 PM
I love the new In flames expect for the last one. Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to You Escape are two of my favorite In Flames albums. Yes I put Reroute,Soundtrack and Come Clarity up there with Whoracle,Colony and Clayman.

daimonos
10-05-2010, 05:31 PM
A Sense of Purpose actually isn't a bad album if you just pretend it's not In Flames.

Travis The Dragon
10-05-2010, 06:40 PM
With Jesper being out of the picture, don't count on it. If I remember reading correctly, Bjorn was the one who wanted to go in their current direction, so I can't see much good coming out of this album, assuming Bjorn and Anders are the sole writers now.
There is no proof that Jesper won't be playing guitar on the next album. It has been stated that he is welcome to return back to the band any time he wants. Until an official announcement is made, we don't know who the guitar player will be.

makethemsuffer12
10-05-2010, 07:15 PM
There is no proof that Jesper won't be playing guitar on the next album. It has been stated that he is welcome to return back to the band any time he wants. Until an official announcement is made, we don't know who the guitar player will be.

Considering that it was his own choice to leave the band, I don't think it would be very likely for him to just come back and play on this new album. If anything Bjorn and Anders will just write the songs and Bjorn will track all the guitars himself. For touring they'll probably just get the same guy that filled in on their last run of dates.

SomewhereInTime72
10-05-2010, 09:28 PM
I want to have hope for this but my face was already in the :( shape as I was reading this.....

The_jman
10-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I want to have hope for this but my face was already in the :( shape as I was reading this.....
I too would like to have high hopes for this album... not sure if I do though.

xStructualDefect
10-08-2010, 01:09 AM
i just listened to The Jester Race and Colony for the first time in awhile. makes me sad to know that this album will most likely be nothing compared to those albums.

AnthG
10-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Colony/Clayman is their best era. Best blend of the "old" with the "new" before they went too much into the new. Although I seem to be one of the 5 people who like Soundtrack to your Escape. Or I should say one of the 5 people that admits to liking STYE on message boards.

mastodon421
10-08-2010, 12:25 PM
I like Soundtrack To Your Escape but imo its the 2nd worst In Flames record.

Derelict
10-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I love the new In flames expect for the last one. Reroute to Remain and Soundtrack to You Escape are two of my favorite In Flames albums. Yes I put Reroute,Soundtrack and Come Clarity up there with Whoracle,Colony and Clayman.

http://wsilva.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/facepalm_implied.jpg

El Gordo
10-08-2010, 06:21 PM
Considering Colony was their last good album, I'm not putting too much hope in this actually being good...

On another note, Reroute to Remain is the only CD to this day that I've thrown out of a car window after its first listen.

SomewhereInTime72
10-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Considering Colony was their last good album, I'm not putting too much hope in this actually being good...

On another note, Reroute to Remain is the only CD to this day that I've thrown out of a car window after its first listen.

Bitch have you forgotten about Clayman? That shit was good.

xStructualDefect
10-09-2010, 09:42 PM

agreed Clayman is underrated. everyone always forgets about it and says Colony was the last good album. i'd say Clayman was the last good before they turned into what they are now. i didn't think Retroute to Remain was horrible, but it wasn't great and the only song that stands out to me is Cloud Connected, since that is the song that introduced me to them when i was into nu-metal back then.

El Gordo
10-10-2010, 06:50 AM

Bitch I never got into Clayman. It was decent enough, but when I say good I mean GOOOOOD. :tongue:

stevepwn
10-16-2010, 08:35 PM
in flames was my favorite band for about a year... their old stuff is alot better than new but admit it their new stuff isnt horrible. a sense a purpose is the worst album ill admit that but soundtrack to your escape and reroute to remain arent bad at all.

Travis The Dragon
10-17-2010, 04:05 PM
ASOP is my personal most favorite album. Their old stuff rules too! Seeing Satellites And Astronauts in 2008 was AMAZING!!! :party: :rocker:

LTD Soloist
10-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I'm intrested to see how this record turns out. I didn't like A Sense Of Purpose either and I am not expecting another Clayman or Colony, but I am intrigued to see how this record pans out.

ASOP had a few good tracks. It's pointless to expect them to write another jesters race or colony with Jesper Stromblad now out of the band, but I do agree w/ you....it'll be interesting to hear.

Indestructible
10-24-2010, 01:23 PM
As long as the new album is better than A Sense of Purpose I'll be fine.

ChildrenofSodom
10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
I've honestly only ever listened to STYE, Reroute, Come Clarity, and A Sense of Purpose (only two listens.)

I like the first three, wasn't impressed with ASOP. Never felt like buying the early stuff, but I bet I'd probably like it.

xStructualDefect
10-24-2010, 06:43 PM
I've honestly only ever listened to STYE, Reroute, Come Clarity, and A Sense of Purpose (only two listens.)

I like the first three, wasn't impressed with ASOP. Never felt like buying the early stuff, but I bet I'd probably like it.

i'd say check out The Jester Race and Colony.

The_jman
10-27-2010, 10:18 AM
i'd say check out The Jester Race and Colony.
I honestly prefer whoracle and clayman myself of those 4

Travis The Dragon
10-31-2010, 02:32 PM
UPDATE (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148577)

xStructualDefect
10-31-2010, 03:40 PM
I honestly prefer whoracle and clayman myself of those 4

yea it's all about preference. all 4 of them are great though.

Travis The Dragon
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
ANOTHER UPDATE. Looks like a May/June release. (http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=148863)

moobys37
11-12-2010, 10:02 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1154.snc4/149674_141438799238221_134855083229926_199439_3418 557_n.jpg

Via their facebook page. It's promising that Anders is at least involved in the project, but I guess it could just be to film a behind the scenes. Either way, intriguing.