PDA

View Full Version : Clutch contest/giveaway

Derelict
10-05-2010, 08:12 AM
from pro-rock.com

Beginning at midnight (e.s.t.) October 1st, 2010, Weathermaker Music will celebrate the launch of this brand new website, (in addition to Neil, Tim, Jean Paul and Dan’s 20th year together as Clutch), by conducting a very special fan-intensive music poll and rewarding you with some amazing Weathermaker prizes. Once our prize vault is emptied, Weathermakermusic.com will tally your votes, then count down (via a special 4 hour podcast) the Top 20 Clutch songs of ALL TIME, as voted by you–the fans! This podcast will stream once per day for 30 straight days right here at Weathermakermusic.com beginning on Thanksgiving Day (November 25, 2010). It will then be available to all those on our mailing list as a free (4) part downloadable audio file starting X-mas Day 12/25/10.

Make yourself eligable for one of the many prizes and make your voice heard by simply emailing your favorite FIVE Clutch (or Bakerton Group) songs to SQUALL@Weathermakermusic.com. Once you do this, make sure to check the site every day, beginning 10/22/10, as we will draw a different prize winning email address every day for 30 straight days! Each winner will be contacted via email, with instructions on how to claim their vinyl, tickets, swag, etc..

Simply put… this is Pure Rock Fury…

JN

Holy shit, its hard to pick my top 5 clutch songs...

DethMaiden
10-05-2010, 08:16 AM
HOLY SHIT SO AWESOME :rocker: Everybody post your lists once you decide on 'em. :fist:

DethMaiden
10-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Alright, I went with:

1. Spacegrass
2. White's Ferry
3. The Elephant Riders
4. Drink to the Dead
5. Ghost

Animal Farm and Burning Beard would probably have to be the closest ones that didn't make the cut, but yeah, a top 100 Clutch songs would be hard enough, let alone five. :lol:

ADD
10-05-2010, 09:58 AM
1.Promoter of Earthbound Causes
2.Spacegrass
3.Muchas Veces
4.White's Ferry
5.Droid

One of the hardest bands to make a favorite songs list for I think, since a lot of their jams sounds pretty similar yet the songs stand out and stick in the brain easily because of the memorable vocal hooks and lyrics.

evildeadjedi
10-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Fuck, where is that thread I posted my top 50 when I need it?:mad:

Edit: found it!

1. Dragonfly
2. Spacegrass
3. Red Horse Rainbow
4. Impetus
5. The Soapmakers

Derelict
10-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Liking everyone's lists, here's mine

1. Promoter (of Earthbound Causes)
2. Spacegrass
3. Soapmakers
4. Never Be Moved
5. Red Horse Rainbow

daimonos
10-05-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm still pretty new to Clutch, and I haven't heard all of their material yet, but I'll make a list just for the sake of prizes ;)

1. Escape from the Prison Planet
2. Spacegrass
3. Animal Farm
4. The Soapmakers
5. The Devil and Me

DethMaiden
10-05-2010, 02:28 PM
1. Spacegrass

2.Spacegrass

2. Spacegrass

2. Spacegrass

2. Spacegrass

Gee, I wonder what will win?

MPF
10-05-2010, 05:52 PM
1. Texan Book Of The Dead
2. Spacegrass
3. The Mob Goes Wild
4. Immortal
5. Mice And Gods

Natrlhi
10-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Gee, I wonder what will win?

:lol: If it doesn't, something is very, very wrong. Spacegrass will also be in my top five, if I ever get around to posting one. So difficult. Like you said, a Top 100 isn't even fair. :D

DethMaiden
10-05-2010, 05:57 PM
:lol: If it doesn't, something is very, very wrong. Spacegrass will also be in my top five, if I ever get around to posting one. So difficult. Like you said, a Top 100 isn't even fair. :D

Yeah, I wouldn't say my list is definitive because I like so much of their catalog, but since entering a list makes it possible for me to win a prize, it's definitely worth throwing something out there. :lol:

Derelict
10-05-2010, 06:05 PM
The four hour podcast of the results sounds interesting - I'm sure there will be a lot of neat stuff about the history of the band

SomewhereInTime72
10-05-2010, 08:26 PM
1. Spacegrass
2. Cypress Grove
3. Drink To The Dead
4. Rock N Roll Outlaw
5. Droid

Hard to choose, but this might be it for me.

This is an awesome concept, btw.

300%_Density
10-05-2010, 08:36 PM
1. Pure Rock Fury
2. Dragonfly
3. El Jefe Speaks
4. Spacegrass
5. Green Buckets

Thats a bitch trying to come up with just 5.

evildeadjedi
10-06-2010, 08:28 AM
The four hour podcast of the results sounds interesting - I'm sure there will be a lot of neat stuff about the history of the band

I can't wait for it! :party: One thing that would be absolutely amazing is if they announce the second edition of the "An Evening With Tour". :drool:

Exactly, there is a reason why people yell "Spacegrass" at every show that song is tits! I did a top 50 in the top 10 thread and that was a huge challenge!

DethMaiden
10-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I can see the list going one of two ways. Either diehard gearheads swarm and the top 20 will include half of TNL, or everyone will hear about this and the top 10 will include The Mob Goes Wild, Burning Beard, Electric Worry, and 50,000 Unstoppable Watts.

I'd prefer it if the latter happened, but I'd really rather neither did. :lol:

evildeadjedi
10-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Here are some examples from The Cove http://sassafrascove.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18706

La Curandera is on many lists:

1. Red Horse Rainbows
2. Profits of Doom
3. Brazenhead
4. La Curandera
5. Rising Son

1. The Yeti
2. Gravel Road
3. Easy Breeze
4. Texan Book of the Dead
5. Burning Beard

Guild of Mute Assassins
Escape From The Prison Planet
Slow Hole To China
(Notes From The Trial of) La Curandera
Ship of Gold

Gravel Road, 50K, Border, JWB, and Animal Farm could easily replace Ship, maybe even Curandera. So many cool tunes.

Pure Rock Fury
Big Fat Pig
The Yeti
Oregon

Easy Breeze
Sea of Destruction
WWTR?
Release The Kraken
Gifted & Talented

1.Big News 1
2.Big News 2
3.Pure Rock Fury
4. WWTR
5. EL. Jefe

1. "Tight Like That"
2. "Oregon"
3. "05"
4. "Big Fat Pig"
5. "Walking in the Great Shining Path of Monster Trucks"

Ghost
Poor Man
Abraham
Ship
White's

Profits of Doom
Guild of Mute Assassins
Juggernaut
Never be moved

La Curandera
Gravel Road
Prison Planet
Cypress Grove
Dragonfly

5. Burning Beard
4. Rock'N'Roll Outlaw
3. Cypress Grove
2. Big News I
1. (notes from the trial of) La Curandera

American Sleep
Beard
Monster Trucks
Animal Farm
Dragonfly

1. Brazenhead
2. Bottums Up, Socrates
3. Big News I
4. (Notes From The Trial of) La Curandera
5. Gravel Road

Earthworm
American Sleep
The Yeti
Raised By Horses
The House That Peterbilt

1. The House That Peterbuilt
2. Droid
3. 7 Jam
4. Release The Kraken
5. Guild of Mute Assasins

1. Army of Bono
2. Peterbilt
3. Gullah
4. El Jefe Speaks
5. Elephant Riders

1. WYSIWYG
2. The Yeti
3. Brazenhead
4. The Swollen Goat
5. Mr. Shiny Caddylackness

1. The Soapmakers
2. Red Horse Rainbow
3. Gravel Road
4. Rising Son
5. Animal Farm

DethMaiden
10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Easy Breeze
Sea of Destruction
WWTR?
Release The Kraken
Gifted & Talented

Is this person fucking kidding?

Derelict
10-06-2010, 08:44 AM

i spend some time lurking on that board, there's out-old schooling each other going on there sometimes

evildeadjedi
10-06-2010, 08:45 AM

Well it is Mike, so that is possible, though Sea of Destruction, Release The Kraken, and Easy Breeze are awesome songs!

I'm honestly surprised no one has put Molt or 24 Earth Years as of yet.

Derelict - Yes that seems to come up in the top album lists however, it's sometimes really strange. For instance the last top album poll had S/T and Blast Tyrant neck and neck then BT pulled away. The odd thing was JAM ROOM got eight votes and TSL ONLY 4! WTF?!?

DethMaiden
10-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Sea of Destruction is very awesome - I actually got that song at my first ever Clutch show and never since - but I don't care much for those other four, and it's downright irresponsible to look over their entire career and pick two songs from Slow Hole, two from Jam Room and a goddamn hidden track.

And none of the lists you posted even have Spacegrass. These people really think they're too good for the rest of the world.

Derelict
10-06-2010, 08:50 AM
5 songs from Jam Room

Cool list, man.

evildeadjedi
10-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Sea of Destruction is very awesome - I actually got that song at my first ever Clutch show and never since - but I don't care much for those other four, and it's downright irresponsible to look over their entire career and pick two songs from Slow Hole, two from Jam Room and a goddamn hidden track.

And none of the lists you posted even have Spacegrass. These people really think they're too good for the rest of the world.

Feb 07' the opening of FBSTO tour at Newport I too was there sir, quite an awesome Clutch show!

I'm thinking the ones that chose Spacegrass didn't post their list or they posted it with more obscure stuff. There are also a few people that admitted they just took the first five songs off the top of their heads. However, there are several of those lists that I can agree with overall.

It's just such a challenge. :lol:

Clutch, breaking down race barriers where ever they go.

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk320/k1uvze/groupphoto1.jpg

DethMaiden
10-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Feb 08' the opening of FBSTO tour at Newport I too was there sir, quite an awesome Clutch show!

I'm thinking the ones that chose Spacegrass didn't post their list or they posted it with more obscure stuff. However, there are several of those lists that I can agree with overall.

February '07, I think, because it was the day before Beale Street dropped. But yeah, it was a memorable show for sure.

evildeadjedi
10-06-2010, 09:05 AM
February '07, I think, because it was the day before Beale Street dropped. But yeah, it was a memorable show for sure.

Yes, you are correct it was '07.

Derelict
10-06-2010, 09:13 AM
That's a nice Chaos AD shirt being rocked in that picture too

evildeadjedi
10-06-2010, 09:16 AM
That's a nice Chaos AD shirt being rocked in that picture too

Hell yea Timmy is the man! :horns:

maxpower
10-21-2010, 01:38 PM
Forgot about this but just put in my picks:

Wicker
The Dragonfly
La Curandera
Binge and Purge
Basket of Eggs

Dextrimental
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Im not familiar with their back catalogue fully yet, but I'll give this a shot..

1. Power Player
2. Spacegrass
3. Burning Beard
4. The Mob Goes Wild
5. Escape From The Prison Planet

evildeadjedi
10-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Forgot about this but just put in my picks:

Wicker
The Dragonfly
La Curandera
Binge and Purge