PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Hootenanny -- Universal City, CA -- September 30th, 2010

ijwthstd
10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
MURDERDOLLS

01. Slit My Wrist
02. Die My Bride
03. My Dark Place Alone
04. Drag Me To Hell
05. Nowhere
06. Motherfucker, I Don't Care
07. Rock 'N' Roll Is All I Got

I walked in at 7:10 and they were already on (ticket said 7:15). Not sure if they played anything else.

ALICE COOPER

01. School's Out
02. No More Mr Nice Guy
03. I'm Eighteen
04. Wicked Young Man
05. Ballad Of Dwight Fry
06. Go To Hell
07. Cold Ethyl
08. Poison
09. From The Inside
10. Nurse Rozetta
11. Be My Lover
12. Only Women Bleed
13. I Never Cry
14. Black Widow jam
15. Vengeance Is Mine
16. Dirty Diamonds
17. Billion Dollar Babies
18. Killer
19. I Love The Dead
20. Feed My Frankenstein
21. Under My Wheels
--------
22. Elected

ROB ZOMBIE

01. Jesus Frankenstein
02. Superbeast
03. Scum Of The Earth
04. Living Dead Girl
05. More Human Than Human
06. Sick Bubble Gum
07. Demon Speeding
-drum solo-
08. Pussy Liquor (live debut)
09. Mars Needs Women
10. Thunderkiss '65
-guitar solo-
11. School's Out (partial)
-------
12. Werewolf Women Of The SS
-------
13. Dragula

DethMaiden
10-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Interesting Zombie set. Should be a lot longer and should have at least one song from Educated Horses, but not awful I guess.

makethemsuffer12
10-03-2010, 05:46 PM
Just based on the the size of his set alone makes it clear that Cooper should've been headlining over Zombie this whole time.

Also, why the fuck would he play a part of School's Out when Alice Cooper is on the same damn bill??? Is this the right set?

rjturtle9
10-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Just based on the the size of his set alone makes it clear that Cooper should've been headlining over Zombie this whole time.

Also, why the fuck would he play a part of School's Out when Alice Cooper is on the same damn bill??? Is this the right set?

Agree to both. Oh well, still wish I had gone to see this :bouville:

JudasPriest89
10-03-2010, 06:24 PM
UGH, WHY IS ZOMBIE HEADLINING OVER COOPER?!?! HE'S NOT THAT WORTHY!!!! :mad:

JLRedWing13
10-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Hmm...good to see Pussy Liquor in there though. I'm still sad this isn't coming here....

300%_Density
10-03-2010, 06:50 PM
I'm a little pissed about the Zombie set I won't lie. I was considering seeing him here in a few days. Nothing is new from his set. From playing in areas around here in the last 12 months I would figure that he could do better than throwing in Jesus Frankenstein & Liquor as the 2 ways of changing up the set. Nothing from Educated Horses is a crime. IMO it's his best album. How there can be an 8 song difference w/ 2 encores, a guitar & drum solo between him and Zombie doesn't even begin to make sense.

I love Zombie live. But really it needs to be thrown around alot. I'm hoping since it's first show there are still adjustments to be made but it's not exactly like Alice Cooper is playing Napalm Death 45 second songs or anything. He still has theatrics as well. Sadly I'm probably done seeing Zombie unless either he has different openers or a longer/different set. *whew* and now I can breathe again. Had to get that out....

elturtleboy
10-03-2010, 08:22 PM
will alice ever play Generation Landslide?!

Travis The Dragon
10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Alice needs to get to Minnesota and do that set!

MPF
10-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Alice needs to get to Minnesota and do that set!

This tour was in Rochester a few months back...I couldn't make it either.

rjmartinez91
10-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I missed Pussy Liquor :boohoo:

jhdeity
10-03-2010, 09:50 PM
will alice ever play Generation Landslide?!

One of my favorites also. Would love to hear all of Billion Dollar Babies. His masterpiece by far to me.

Nice seeing Pussy Liquor but i agree Zombie set should be longer. Our show is like 9 bands so I'd be happy to get both of these in all reality.

IrritatedTrout
10-03-2010, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to go to this in VA. I saw Alice last year but he didn't do Frankenstein or Elected and Frankenstein is my favorite by him. Plus it'd be cool to see Zombie.

bobbie solo
10-03-2010, 10:11 PM
sigh...white zombie reunion PLEASE!

300%_Density
10-04-2010, 12:54 AM
For anyone else that has seen Zombie lately does anybody else seem to think his set is crap compared to Alice or even headlining shows in general? Or am I just being too much of a dick about it? That has been known to happen sometimes as well I suppose.

Indestructible
10-04-2010, 05:03 AM
For anyone else that has seen Zombie lately does anybody else seem to think his set is crap compared to Alice or even headlining shows in general? Or am I just being too much of a dick about it? That has been known to happen sometimes as well I suppose.

Zombies setlist should be a little better. I saw Zombie and Alice back in may. Alice was amazing like always. Zombie sucked. I don't know if it was an off night or maybe it is just hard to watch someone else play after Alice Cooper.

Sanitarium78
10-04-2010, 08:26 AM
UGH, WHY IS ZOMBIE HEADLINING OVER COOPER?!?! HE'S NOT THAT WORTHY!!!! :mad:

He's not worthy period. I know Cooper shortens some of his songs live but when he's coming on first and plays over 20 songs it makes Zombie look weak and it shows people what most already know and that's Zombie should not headline over Cooper.

It's nice to see Zombie add in Jesus Frankenstein though. One of the few songs off the new album that's actually worth the time to play. Demon Speeding is cool as well he didn't do that on the Gruesome Twosome tour when I saw it.

Still there are very few acts Cooper should open for and Zombie isn't on that short list.

And no 300% Density you're not alone in thinking Zombie's set is crap compared to Alice's. You're right on the money with that.

mankvill
10-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Pretty nice Alice set!

300%_Density
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM
He's not worthy period. I know Cooper shortens some of his songs live but when he's coming on first and plays over 20 songs it makes Zombie look weak and it shows people what most already know and that's Zombie should not headline over Cooper.

It's nice to see Zombie add in Jesus Frankenstein though. One of the few songs off the new album that's actually worth the time to play. Demon Speeding is cool as well he didn't do that on the Gruesome Twosome tour when I saw it.

Still there are very few acts Cooper should open for and Zombie isn't on that short list.

And no 300% Density you're not alone in thinking Zombie's set is crap compared to Alice's. You're right on the money with that.

Ahhh ok good. In the last 11 months I have seen him in Kansas City, Springfield, & Oklahoma City and Independence is basically near Kansas City and its basically the same set. To me it seems like coming off lazy. I like alot of the songs but who the hell wants to hear the same songs and drum & guitar solos 4x in a row? I figured the thought process is if you play at places that are relatively close together you play different songs each time to get people to continue to come. I'm not expecting Dream Theater like where you are conscious of what songs you play and make sure not to play those songs again but more than 2 songs tho...I know that my $40 won't make a dent but I am curious for others if they share that same thought process.

ijwthstd
10-04-2010, 04:51 PM

This IS a co-headline tour...

DethMaiden
10-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe a bunch of old men with no interest in Rob Zombie cut out after the Alice set and that's why he's playing before Rob but also playing more songs than him?

andrew_metalhead
10-05-2010, 02:03 AM

I can verify that it is the right set. He played it as a tribute to Alice Cooper for getting nominated to the Hall of Fame, and I thought it was a great gesture by him \m/

And Alice Cooper didn't headline because of the way Rob Zombie has the stage set up. RZ uses pyro, giant screen and a lot of other stuff that Alice Cooper doesn't, hence it wouldn't make much sense to waste time in bringing all of that down to clear the stage for Alice Cooper, had Alice Cooper played last. I hope that made sense.

The relatively more complex stage setup is also the reason why Slayer play after Megadeth even though both are playing the same duration.

Technically RZ and AC are co-headlining this tour, but with RZ wasting a lot of time with the drum solo and guitar solo as parts of the set, it felt like a shorter set than AC's in terms of the actual duration of the songs played.

Having said all that, I almost cried when Alice Cooper appeared on stage with School's Out. One of the best moments of the year for me \m/ Also, RZ's "Mars Needs Women" was fucking cool :D

Here are my videos if anyone's interested. The sound and video both came out great.

Alice Cooper: Under My Wheels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNe8w9f7zMQ

Rob Zombie: Pussy Liquor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbuoMztwxds

Rob Zombie: Mars Needs Women http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNDEgl0fWf0

Lastly, my photographer got some great shots of Alice Cooper (we weren't allowed to shoot Rob Zombie) http://metalassault.com/Pictures/Alice_Cooper/093010.php

andrew_metalhead
10-05-2010, 02:41 AM
Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe a bunch of old men with no interest in Rob Zombie cut out after the Alice set and that's why he's playing before Rob but also playing more songs than him?

In my opinion, age has nothing to do with liking Alice Cooper/disliking Rob Zombie. I'm not old and Alice Cooper is one of my favorite artists. My brother is 21 and he's a bigger fan of classic rock than me.

DethMaiden
10-05-2010, 07:46 AM
In my opinion, age has nothing to do with liking Alice Cooper/disliking Rob Zombie. I'm not old and Alice Cooper is one of my favorite artists. My brother is 21 and he's a bigger fan of classic rock than me.

I think you can probably see how that would be different for other people, though. If you were in high school when Billion Dollar Babies came out, you were probably married with kids by the time Hellbilly Deluxe came out and didn't bother caring about it. Not everyone is as interested in music as people who come to an online message board for it; most people "move on" at some point and seeing Cooper is a nostalgia thing for them.

Sanitarium78
10-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Having said all that, I almost cried when Alice Cooper appeared on stage

Oh, good at least i'm not the only one that happens to:lol:

It does make sense that Zombie would headline having the bigger stage setup. My love for Alice and the legend he is will always tell me he should be headlining though:D

jhdeity
10-05-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah I'm with Andrew. I saw Zombie on the Mayhem Tour and was blown away. 3 HUGE different Eddie-like robots and props. Huge pyro going off all over the place. Other explosions happeining in the crowd. It was nuts. I agree he should be playing a few more songs but Alice Cooper is the true headliner here. It's just logical to have Zombie play after him because of the crazy stage show.