PDA

View Full Version : RIP Greg Giraldo

b_halperin
09-29-2010, 03:03 PM
:( I just found out that one of my favorite comedians, Greg Giraldo, died from an accidental overdose of prescription pills. He always made me laugh, no matter what he said, and he seemed like an all-around nice guy. RIP.

Source: http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/29/comedian-greg-giraldo-dies-overdose-prescription-pills/

makethemsuffer12
09-29-2010, 03:25 PM
RIP. He always said some of the most fucked up, funny shit during the Comedy Central Roasts.

BloodoftheKings
09-29-2010, 03:55 PM
:bawling:

This is horrible, the comedy central roast will never be the same :bouville:

mastodon421
09-29-2010, 04:17 PM
RIP he was a pretty funny dude. Wow, this is really unexpected.

MPF
09-29-2010, 04:31 PM
One of the most unexpected deaths of 2010...WHAT THE FUCK?

R.I.P.

Sanitarium78
09-29-2010, 04:36 PM
WTF?? He was one of my favorite comedians out there today:(

He had some of the funniest stand up you'll ever hear. The guy worked hard for a lot of years to get respect and to be recognized as one of the top comedians in the country. Which he did accomplish over the last few years.

Very sad news. In terms of popularity he was just getting started and still had a lot of time left.

RIP Greg Giraldo:bawling:

smearCampaign
09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Too fucking bad. Greg's comedy is great.

Why can't fucking Jeff Dunham and Carlos Mencia be drug addicts?

RIP Greg Giraldo

Sanitarium78
09-30-2010, 10:53 AM

RIP Greg Giraldo

Mencia might have turned into one by now considering how bad of a dive his career has taken the last couple years. I guess once people realized he only had like three jokes and kept recycling the same stick over and over he turned out to be not as funny as originally thought.

Jeff Dunham is OK. At least his act is different.

I'm not sure if Geraldo was a drug addict at all. It's believed to be an OD of perscription pills. Probably sleeping pills I would imagine since being on the road so much can get you sleep schedule out of sync. I read that it took him a few days to die. So whatever he took obviously it was enough to cause slow organ failure and when that happens there isn't anything a doctor can do.

I was hoping he would be the guy in some way to fill the void in comedy left by George Carlin's passing. Now i'm not sure who that'll be.

smearCampaign
09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure if Geraldo was a drug addict at all. It's believed to be an OD of perscription pills.

When they say an OD on prescription pills in a situation like this I usually take it as someone who was a former heroin user who probably was using Oxycontin or Vicodin or some opiate to maintain without shooting up. But I don't know if Greg was ever a user. Regardless of the situation it's a damn shame.

Jon Stewart had a great tribute to Greg on last night's Daily Show.

BloodoftheKings
09-30-2010, 06:19 PM

RIP Greg Giraldo

Dont forget Dane Cook ;)

ChildrenofSodom
09-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Holy shit. Greg Giraldo had a Bachelors degree from Columbia and got a JD from Harvard. That is fucking impressive.

RIP