PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Essen, Germany -- November 6th, 2000

tolvis
09-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Essen, GER - Grugahalle
2000-11-06

Maiden returned to Germany for this make-up-date since they had to cancel a couple of shows during the summer when Janick fell of the stage. With Halford opening with a KILLER-set for 60 minutes and the Maiden slaughtering the audience as usual you could not go wrong. Me and a friend drove 9 hours straight, saw the gig, then drove for 9 hours to get home again. It was worth it.

Halford setlist:
Resurrection:rocker:
Made in hell
Locked and loaded
Into the pit
Stained class:rocker:
Jawbreaker:rocker:
Running wild
Saviour
Silent screams
Cyberworld
Night fall
Electric eye
Riding on the wind:rocker:
Metal gods
Breaking the law
Tyrant:rocker:

Iron Maiden:
The wickerman
Ghost of the navigator:rocker:
Brave new world
Wrathchild
2 minutes to midnight
Blood brothers
Sign of the cross:rocker:
The mercenary
The trooper
Dream of mirrors
The clansman
The evil that men do
Fear of the dark
Iron maiden
The number of the beast
Hallowed be thy name
Sanctuary

/Al

Chrispat
09-29-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm pretty sure maiden played the fallen angel. One of the few shows they played that song.

bt11763
09-29-2010, 08:15 AM
wow that halford set is so much better than the one at ozzfest :bouville:

makethemsuffer12
09-29-2010, 08:32 AM
wow that halford set is so much better than the one at ozzfest :bouville:

Because he actually played the songs people cared about (i.e. Priest songs).

tolvis
09-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Chrispat: Sorry, but they didnīt. I had high hopes they would cut out the awful Mercenary and replace it with Fallen Angel, but they didnīt. Apart from my correct memory I have a full cd-recording and full dvd from the gig too.

/Al

idrinkwine732
09-29-2010, 09:40 AM

:flame:

bt11763
09-29-2010, 10:10 AM

bingo.

makethemsuffer12
09-29-2010, 10:19 AM
:flame:

:lol: I'm not knoking his solo stuff at all, but let's be real, what would you rather hear? Made of Metal or Tyrant? He could at least throw in a Priest song that people actually know/care about, because I don't think anyone was jumping for joy when they found out he was playing a song from Rock 'n' Rolla.

idrinkwine732
09-29-2010, 10:39 AM
:lol: I'm not knoking his solo stuff at all, but let's be real, what would you rather hear? Made of Metal or Tyrant? He could at least throw in a Priest song that people actually know/care about, because I don't think anyone was jumping for joy when they found out he was playing a song from Rock 'n' Rolla.

I would prefer if Halford played Halford and Priest played Priest.

elturtleboy
09-29-2010, 01:51 PM

sad but true.

Travis The Dragon
09-29-2010, 01:56 PM
The Fallen Angel LIVE! PRO recorded video! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-QFsY1zY14)

bt11763
09-29-2010, 02:38 PM
I would prefer if Halford played Halford and Priest played Priest.

i respect that, but in the press release he made it a point to say that he would be playing a variety that everyone would know, specifically including priest.

Kapper
09-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Sign of the Crosss!!!!!!!! :eek:

Travis The Dragon
09-29-2010, 03:52 PM
Sign of the Crosss!!!!!!!! :eek:

I take it you've never heard Rock In Rio.

Sanitarium78
09-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I saw this tour when it was in the US and it was an excellent show. Queensryche also opened and their set actually wasn't filled with shitty songs like it is now:D

Here's what they played at my show:

Revolution Calling
Empire
Falling Down
Speak
Damaged
The Lady Wore Black
Walk In The Shadows
Queen Of The Reich
Take Hold Of The Flame
Eyes Of A Stranger

Halford's Set:

Resurrection
Made in Hell
Into the Pit
Stained Class
Cyberworld
Night Fall
The Hellion
Electric Eye
Riding on the Wind
Breaking the Law
Tyrant

People may have not have known Halford's solo stuff but the crowd response to him was great.

Maiden's set of course was the same. They were awesome and with it being their big comback album/tour with Bruce there was a magic in the air that couldn't be described.

Dissimulate
09-29-2010, 05:14 PM
Halford playing lots of Priest was acceptable at that point as he had only one album out. He has a lot of solid material now and does not need to rely on Priest. However, he could make better choices about the few Priest songs he will inevitably play.

iggus
09-29-2010, 06:12 PM

I may be in that minority, I really dig never Satisfied so i would like to hear that. priest wont play it. At this point since he is back in priest I'd rather he do more solo and fight then priest. I saw this tour and since he was not in priest at the time i did nearly shit myself when he busted out tyrant. best song of the night.

JRA
09-29-2010, 07:33 PM

I mean the thing is, his set at Ozzfest was only what...45 minutes? I actually kind of understand why he chose more solo stuff over Priest stuff with that amount of time. With any luck he'll get an hour at Ozzfest and he'll be able to squeeze more Priest stuff in.

Kapper
09-29-2010, 07:48 PM
I take it you've never heard Rock In Rio.

Yeah of course I have, it's just that I assumed that they had retired that song, along with all the Blaze-era tunes.

Chrispat
09-30-2010, 12:41 AM
I saw this show twice: dynamo open air and graspop metal meeting. I wanted to go to Essen but my parrents wouldnt borrow me their car. I really thought afterwards I saw reviews and setlists from that show including the fallen angel. I really hated dream of mirrors in that set.

Kapper
09-30-2010, 03:26 AM
oh i just realised it was 2000... what a fool! hahaha

Travis The Dragon
09-30-2010, 01:02 PM
oh i just realised it was 2000... what a fool! hahaha

:lol: That explains it.

JLRedWing13
09-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Oh how I wish I was into metal and going to concerts when I was 10.... :mad:

treghet
09-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Oh how I wish I was into metal and going to concerts when I was 10.... :mad:

+1

I feel like I missed out on a lot of the best tours due to being young. I remember seeing a poster for (I think) a Death, Pestilence, and Gorguts tour. :(

idrinkwine732
09-30-2010, 06:23 PM
+1

I feel like I missed out on a lot of the best tours due to being young. I remember seeing a poster for (I think) a Death, Pestilence, and Gorguts tour. :(

We'll have the same benefits when we're into our twenties and thirties. I used to be saddened by the same fact, but if Gojira broke up tomorrow I'd be pretty happy how I've spent the time they've been active.

JLRedWing13
09-30-2010, 08:08 PM
We'll have the same benefits when we're into our twenties and thirties. I used to be saddened by the same fact, but if Gojira broke up tomorrow I'd be pretty happy how I've spent the time they've been active.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I need to see them first. :mad: