PDA

View Full Version : New Bring Me The Horizon

mankvill
09-28-2010, 10:42 PM
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7605/tiahbmisitiahlkias.jpg

Because "Bring Me The Horizon - There Is A Hell Believe Me I've Seen It, There Is A Heaven Let's Keep It A Secret" is too long of a thread title.

Track by track:

Crucify Me (feat. Lights)

Is this the right album? Yep, it's the new BMTH album and they are trying their damndest to leave behind the deathcore sound, both in music and in vocals. A few melodic guitar licks here and there in this opening track set the foundation for (most of) the album. Also the use of electronics, vocal distortions and clean female vocals. Lights adds a pretty good element to this song, and I'm so glad Oli Sykes doesn't try to shriek or do guttural vocals a lot on this album, he was never good at either of them. Track 1 has a good groove and shows a more mature band. 8/10

Anthem

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction, right? The second track sounds like it could regress to BMTH's old, tired deathcore style, but it teeters along the correct edge of that line. Here comes a little taste of just how Oli hasn't advanced one bit as a metal vocalist. This song sounds like a B-Side from their last album. "Get the fuck up" should never be in any song ever. 6/10

It Never Ends

This track is amazing. Synths, catchy melodies, and one of the greatest "good" breakdowns I've heard in recent years. If the whole album was full of tracks like these, there might be some hope to save the current generation of scene kids from further drifting down the dark path. The lyrics on this one are pretty good as well. Anyone who listens to this song and says it sounds like Bring Me The Horizon is a liar. 10/10

Fuck (featuring Josh Franceschi of You Me at Six)

With a title like "Fuck", you think this would just be a gimmicky song for the crowds to scream along with, but it turns out it holds a little bit more depth than that. First of all, the music is one of the most breakneck songs on this album with a great melody and the clean vocals by the guy from You Me At Six work pretty well. Stereotypical faux-brutal breakdown, but everything else in the song sounds pretty good. By the end of the song, it sounds like the track is split into 2 very different parts, almost. 7.5/10

Don't Go (feat. Lights)

A Bring Me The Horizon ballad? This is probably the closest the world will ever get. "God forgive me for all my sins/God forgive me" is going to piss off a lot of scenesters, but the song actually isn't all that bad. If any sense of emotion in lyrics makes you scream "OMG EMO!" then go ahead and skip this song. The Lights portion almost seems more like a duet than featuring her. "Tell me that you need me 'cause I love you so much." Oli Sykes writing emotionally evoking prose, or amateur LiveJournal poetry? Make up your own mind. 7.5/10

Home Sweet Hole

Second best song on the album. Clean guitars (almost akin in sound to Explosions In The Sky *GASP BLASPHEMY*) really make this track. It's a non-stop attack, even during the "slow" parts. Should satisfy fans of AFI, In Flames and Pantera. There's even a fucking acoustic guitar at the end. 9/10

Alligator Blood

Shit. I was just beginning to think we'd escaped the BMTH of old. The same boring, downtuned -core riff plays throughout this entire song. This one's going to make the "tr00" fans of the band happy, but it's definitely a step back, especially from the pretty good tracks that preceded it. Protip: you don't have to shove the fact that you're trying to be brutal in someone's face to prove that your music is brutal. 4/10

Visions

Is Alligator Blood still going on, or what? This song starts out sounding exactly like the previous song, and it pretty much stays that way. Same down-tuning, same "riffs", same breakdown. C'mon, we were doing so good...4/10

Blacklist

Again, we start off with the same down-tuned breakdown shit. Going for a hat trick, are we? This track, somehow, is even more boring than the two before it. Cut this shit out! 3/10

Memorial

Just an instrumental track that segue's pretty nicely into the penultimate track, but it's a welcome respite from the garbage that followed it. The organ with the nice drum beat and soft guitar sound sounds more akin to a post-rock band than BMTH. Surprising. 8/10

Blessed With A Curse

Electronic overtones kick off the second-to-last track with an "epic" vibe to the song, continuing some of the style from the instrumental track before it. It explodes, only to revert back to just vocals + piano and a drum beat. Surprising stuff from them. Maturity? Well, it's better than their last albums. A guitar solo! 7.5/10

The Fox And The Wolf (feat. Josh Scogin of The Chariot)

Thought it was over? Nope, and this track clocks in as a sonic facepunch under two minutes in length. It's the closest BMTH have gotten to thrash and it actually isn't too bad. I couldn't really tell you where Josh Scogin (who did vocals on the first AND BEST Norma Jean album) does vox on this one, but it all sounds really, really good. Will leave you with your blood pumping. 9/10

Final words:

Will this album win over earlier skeptics and critics? Well, it won me over. I'm not saying I think Bring Me The Horizon is a legitimate musical act that can write good "heavy music" just yet, but they're certainly headed in the right direction. Let's put it this way: I think this album will lose them a lot of worthless fans, but gain a few good fans. They haven't quite matured enough to write a modern metalcore masterpiece just yet, but give them at least one more album to iron out the kinks. I just hope they continue down this path. Deathcore has lost one of its kings.

Overall: 7.5/10

And now:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/2073/flameshield.jpg

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp342/Jisaku/Kuso/1280723106071.jpg

powerslave_85
09-28-2010, 10:56 PM
GODDAMNIT MANKS

treghet
09-29-2010, 07:02 AM
We need to save him before he starts writing favorable reviews for Emmure.

mastodon421
09-29-2010, 11:59 AM
I never thought I would see the day where mankvill was writing a review for a BMTH record. Personally I loathe BMTH but props for checking out their record and giving them another chance.

I personally feel like I am going to hear this record against my will(like the past 2 BMTH records) because a few of my friends love them.

Dextrimental
09-29-2010, 02:51 PM
Actually, the one person on this board whom I start wouldn't agree with me has just posted a review agreeing with me! Haha, from what I've heard on Suicide Season, this band are definitely moving away from trying to be deathcore, and this album really accentuates that. The seeds they sowed on Suicide Season are starting to flourish, lets just hope they don't lose momentum.

Also, am I the only one here who had to give these guys a chance cuz the chick he was dating at the time LOVED them? Just checkin'..

xStructualDefect
09-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I never thought I would see the day where mankvill was writing a review for a BMTH record. Personally I loathe BMTH but props for checking out their record and giving them another chance.

I personally feel like I am going to hear this record against my will(like the past 2 BMTH records) because a few of my friends love them.

this. everything. except i think i'm actually going to give this album a chance. i didn't like the last 2 albums, but i still thought this band honestly had a lot of potential.

Dissimulate
09-29-2010, 05:48 PM
I thought you were the truest person on this forum. Fuck you. I just lost a role model, I'm going to go into a closet and cry.

Seriously, what have they moved from deathcore to? Metalcore? Crabcore?

treghet
09-29-2010, 05:52 PM
Metalcore now.

smearCampaign
09-29-2010, 06:53 PM
medio-core

treghet
09-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Well I listened to about half the songs on the album to see if it was good. It's definitely a step up from the previous works, but aside from a few catchy riffs I felt pretty bored. "It Never Ends" is probably the best song on the album, but it didn't wow me.

mankvill
09-29-2010, 07:50 PM
Great:

It Never Ends

Good:

Home Sweet Hole
The Fox And The Wolf

Average:

Crucify Me
Fuck
Don't Go
Blessed With A Curse
Memorial

Bad:

Anthem

Terrible:

Alligator Blood
Visions
Blacklist

elturtleboy
09-29-2010, 08:03 PM
I thought you were the truest person on this forum. Fuck you. I just lost a role model, I'm going to go into a closet and cry.

Seriously, what have they moved from deathcore to? Metalcore? Crabcore?

THIS

idrinkwine732
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/96/261659109_06401703c9_z.jpg

This is now Manks.

mankvill
09-29-2010, 08:11 PM
THIS

Don't hate me!

They're pretty much straight-up metalcore now. Barely any guttural/squealing vocals on this album.

mankvill
09-29-2010, 08:16 PM

This is now Manks.

http://www.tomtaylorphotography.com/blog/uploaded_images/kungfu2-706787.jpg

Derelict
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM

This is now Manks.

look at the asshole on the right in the braves hat

idrinkwine732
09-30-2010, 05:17 PM
mankvill you sit here and rant about everyone elses music tastes and you like the epitome of fake consumer garbage
umad?

look at the asshole on the right in the braves hat

Good thing you mentioned the Braves hat, "asshole on the right" wouldn't have sufficed.

treghet
09-30-2010, 05:19 PM
mankvill you sit here and rant about everyone elses music tastes and you like the epitome of fake consumer garbage

I assume he has hurt your feelings before.

Derelict
09-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Good thing you mentioned the Braves hat, "asshole on the right" wouldn't have sufficed.

yeah, i knew i had to be as specific as possible. also, look how beat those chicks are - all of them have horrible bangs. And if i were the photographer, i def wouldnt have my name all over it.

idrinkwine732
09-30-2010, 06:26 PM
yeah, i knew i had to be as specific as possible. also, look how beat those chicks are - all of them have horrible bangs. And if i were the photographer, i def wouldnt have my name all over it.

I consider the worst part to be that they wake up every morning, make themselves up like that then look in the mirror and say "Damn, I look good."

mankvill
09-30-2010, 07:01 PM

umad? When Lamb of God makes an album that is actually listenable and isn't shit, I'll like it too.

Derelict
09-30-2010, 07:25 PM
I consider the worst part to be that they wake up every morning, make themselves up like that then look in the mirror and say "Damn, I look good."

I wonder that myself about a lot of people. I've come to the conclusion that most people don't own mirrors.

Addicted2metal
09-30-2010, 07:34 PM
I really hate this band but the new album is ok I really like Crucify Me, It Never ends, Fuck and Don't Go

the rest of the CD needs another listen. the cover art is interesting

illuminatus917
10-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Fuck. I wake up every morning and go to school looking like shit... wearing my clothes I buy from goodwill and grocery stores. I wash my long ass hair three or so nights a week... any more would be too much trouble. I've been wearing the same pair of shoes for six years. I've thought about buying a mirror, but they're too expensive. I know dick about fashion. But I do know I hate crocks. And I also hate those Fidel Castro hats those emo chicks wear.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/images/not_castro8.jpg

For the new BMTH album... one of the best albums of the last 3 decades. Right up there with Rust in Peace and Bonded by Blood.

mankvill
10-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Fuck. I wake up every morning and go to school looking like shit... wearing my clothes I buy from goodwill and grocery stores. I wash my long ass hair three or so nights a week... any more would be too much trouble. I've been wearing the same pair of shoes for six years. I've thought about buying a mirror, but they're too expensive. I know dick about fashion. But I do know I hate crocks. And I also hate those Fidel Castro hats those emo chicks wear.

For the new BMTH album... one of the best albums of the last 3 decades. Right up there with Rust in Peace and Bonded by Blood.

this post hurts my brain

bt11763
10-04-2010, 02:20 PM
this post hurts my brain

okay good, i'm glad i'm not the only one

treghet
10-04-2010, 03:57 PM
okay good, i'm glad i'm not the only one

Me too.

mastodon421
10-05-2010, 04:56 AM
As I expected I heard this record yesterday because of a couple of my friends and it sucked. That being said I did like 2 songs which is a first for BMTH but it was still pretty weak.

Leviathan
10-07-2010, 05:40 AM
I assume he has hurt your feelings before.

nah man just seems pretty lame coming from what seemed to be someone who actually liked true metal. Now he just seems like all my poser friends who like deathcore hah

idrinkwine732
10-07-2010, 06:19 AM
nah man just seems pretty lame coming from what seemed to be someone who actually liked true metal. Now he just seems like all my poser friends who like deathcore hah

Something tells me you were that kid who ate paste in kindergarten.

Derelict
10-07-2010, 09:54 AM

y u mad

Leviathan
10-07-2010, 12:07 PM
umad? When Lamb of God makes an album that is actually listenable and isn't shit, I'll like it too.

ahh fair game dude. I just find bmth incredibly overrated and boring

mankvill
10-07-2010, 12:30 PM

did you know that

1. you are only allowed to like one genre

and

2. bands can't get better over time

because they can certainly get worse over time.

Crionics
10-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I gave "It Never Ends" a fair chance. While it does sound like a whole new band, it still didn't do it for me. But I'm not very fond of their new style either, so I'm not the best to judge.

:2cents:

larvtard
10-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I listened to "It never ends" and "Crucify me." It doesn't sound anything like Suicide Seasons, but it still sucks. Probably more now, actually.

manks, I congratulate you on your trollmanship. :party:

jd091
10-29-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm trying real, real hard not to post what I think about this band. Real, real hard...
:finger2::finger2::finger2:

mankvill
10-29-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm trying real, real hard not to post what I think about this band. Real, real hard...
:finger2::finger2::finger2:

Do it!

jd091
10-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Do it!

Fine. You asked for it. Keep in mind, this is my opinion. If you like BMTH, all the power to ya. I don't want to incite or offend anyone.

1. They were never anything special. BMTH started off as a mediocre deathcore band with Count Your Blessings, even by deathcore standards. Their riffs were pretty average, but at least they were playing their instruments, not punching the strings and ignoring their fuckin' left hands in a drunken stupor to create the pathetic excuse of songs consisting only of breakdowns.

2. Oh god. The hair. Why? Jesus H. fuckin' tapdancing Christ, why? That isn't metal. That isn't even masculine. What is that mop of complete fail on Oli Syke's head? Its like the entire piss poor excuse of a musical genre known as "emo" came and took a shit on the poor guy's head.

3. The pants. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOUR BALLS NOT EXPLODING FROM THE PRESSURE?

4. The girls. What. The. Hell. Have you actually youtubed a concert by them? I would say at least 75% the crowd are 14 year old emo girls. You see Oli jump up and yell, "Pray For Plagues! Yeah!", and the cacophony ensuing afterwards sounds like they're watching Justin Bieber butt fucking the Jonas Brothers. Oh god, this is making me sick...

5. Suicide Season. Okay, let me get this straight: Lets take out the only elements that made your band somewhat mediocre (not bad or good, just mediocre) and throw them out the fuckin' window. Lets not do those deathcore growls, its scaring all the little girls that go to your shows. Lets not solo, or play technical, or, nay, play the instruments with a left hand AT ALL. Lets just bang out some emo sounding chords, and put a retarded whiny yell over it all. Yeah, that will appeal to the mainstream! Cool!

6. Basically, they are leading the way in giving metal (and deathcore) a bad name. Bands like BMTH are one of the main reasons why people dismiss deathcore as shit. And frankly, I don't blame them. Its a shame, because there are some deathcore bands that I really like (Winds of Plague, All Shall Perish, early Whitechapel, Veil of Maya), and appreciate their musicianship. Coming from a background of playing the guitar and appreciating anything technical or created with soul and feeling, I cannot understand how BMTH is musical. What they're playing is becoming the new "Nu-Metal". It makes me sick to see the millions of views they get on myspace and youtube every day, knowing theres hundreds of other upcoming bands, twice as talented, that will never get that attention.

7. Emo Album Title. Any title more that 5 Words is an automatic :flame: for me. It wasn't too bad before, and I think they managed to fool enough true metal listeners into checking them out. But now, they've finally realized, "fuck it. We're not fooling anyone."

Overall, They're just a bad band. Especially musically. And I can't stand the image they give off. It literally makes me nauseous. Oh god, and don't even START me on slam dancing... If I was in a band of that level, and people were doing that at my show, I would immediately stop the music and call them out. We're all brothers and sisters in metal; we don't fuck around like we're on a violent powertrip. We look out for each other, and make sure we're all having a good time. The despicable image that follows this mediocre band makes me want to punch a wall. Disgusting.

mankvill
10-29-2010, 03:39 PM
:lol: All fantastic points. I never would've given the new album a chance but I really liked "It Never Ends" so I decided to bite the bullet. I definitely wouldn't call them just a deathcore band anymore, nor would I call them "good" but they're better than what I expected.

And fuck dat hair

jd091
10-29-2010, 09:14 PM
:lol: All fantastic points. I never would've given the new album a chance but I really liked "It Never Ends" so I decided to bite the bullet. I definitely wouldn't call them just a deathcore band anymore, nor would I call them "good" but they're better than what I expected.

And fuck dat hair

Fair enough. They have moved on from deathcore musically, but are still the posterboys for that whole scene, and influence a lot of bands by their first album and their image. Especially that fucking hair.

Case in point: look at the band Asking Alexandria. I have to suffer through watching them open for All That Remains in a couple weeks. Literally, every single member has the Oli Sykes hair. Every one. Just look at the huge image of them splashed across their myspace; it is quite possibly the greatest display of faggotry I have ever witnessed.

http://www.myspace.com/askingalexandria

Nick_to_the_face
10-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Fine. You asked for it. Keep in mind, this is my opinion. If you like BMTH, all the power to ya. I don't want to incite or offend anyone.

1. They were never anything special. BMTH started off as a mediocre deathcore band with Count Your Blessings, even by deathcore standards. Their riffs were pretty average, but at least they were playing their instruments, not punching the strings and ignoring their fuckin' left hands in a drunken stupor to create the pathetic excuse of songs consisting only of breakdowns.

2. Oh god. The hair. Why? Jesus H. fuckin' tapdancing Christ, why? That isn't metal. That isn't even masculine. What is that mop of complete fail on Oli Syke's head? Its like the entire piss poor excuse of a musical genre known as "emo" came and took a shit on the poor guy's head.

3. The pants. HOW THE FUCK ARE YOUR BALLS NOT EXPLODING FROM THE PRESSURE?

4. The girls. What. The. Hell. Have you actually youtubed a concert by them? I would say at least 75% the crowd are 14 year old emo girls. You see Oli jump up and yell, "Pray For Plagues! Yeah!", and the cacophony ensuing afterwards sounds like they're watching Justin Bieber butt fucking the Jonas Brothers. Oh god, this is making me sick...

5. Suicide Season. Okay, let me get this straight: Lets take out the only elements that made your band somewhat mediocre (not bad or good, just mediocre) and throw them out the fuckin' window. Lets not do those deathcore growls, its scaring all the little girls that go to your shows. Lets not solo, or play technical, or, nay, play the instruments with a left hand AT ALL. Lets just bang out some emo sounding chords, and put a retarded whiny yell over it all. Yeah, that will appeal to the mainstream! Cool!

6. Basically, they are leading the way in giving metal (and deathcore) a bad name. Bands like BMTH are one of the main reasons why people dismiss deathcore as shit. And frankly, I don't blame them. Its a shame, because there are some deathcore bands that I really like (Winds of Plague, All Shall Perish, early Whitechapel, Veil of Maya), and appreciate their musicianship. Coming from a background of playing the guitar and appreciating anything technical or created with soul and feeling, I cannot understand how BMTH is musical. What they're playing is becoming the new "Nu-Metal". It makes me sick to see the millions of views they get on myspace and youtube every day, knowing theres hundreds of other upcoming bands, twice as talented, that will never get that attention.

7. Emo Album Title. Any title more that 5 Words is an automatic :flame: for me. It wasn't too bad before, and I think they managed to fool enough true metal listeners into checking them out. But now, they've finally realized, "fuck it. We're not fooling anyone."

Overall, They're just a bad band. Especially musically. And I can't stand the image they give off. It literally makes me nauseous. Oh god, and don't even START me on slam dancing... If I was in a band of that level, and people were doing that at my show, I would immediately stop the music and call them out. We're all brothers and sisters in metal; we don't fuck around like we're on a violent powertrip. We look out for each other, and make sure we're all having a good time. The despicable image that follows this mediocre band makes me want to punch a wall. Disgusting.

*sniff*....you are my hero

mankvill
04-22-2011, 01:48 AM
bump

treghet
04-22-2011, 03:07 AM
bump

WHY DO YOU DO THESE THINGS

brutal_descent
04-22-2011, 05:01 AM
bump

I love you manks :lol:

jd091
04-22-2011, 07:12 AM
*sniff*....you are my hero

Wow, I forgot I wrote that...

illuminatus917
04-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow, I forgot I wrote that...

...and...

I forgot I wrote that.

Did I mention I drool a lot? Like Slipknot, I drool...

illuminatus917
04-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Why was this thread resurrected?

jd091
04-22-2011, 10:26 PM
...and...

I forgot I wrote that.

Did I mention I drool a lot? Like Slipknot, I drool...

:lol:

Why was this thread resurrected?

BECAUSE. :fist:

Actually, blame manks for being manks :3

illuminatus917
04-22-2011, 10:37 PM
BECAUSE. :fist:

Actually, blame manks for being manks :3

I like a lot of the stuff that mankvill likes. But, I'm afraid we have to part ways when to comes to BMTH...

jd091
07-10-2011, 09:20 PM
You guys are gonna hate me... but I'm bumping this thread

BECAUSE

I decided to hunker down and listen to this album front-to-back to decide if I want to see BMTH on their upcoming headliner with Parkway Drive and Architects... and I can say that I actually really, really like it! Now don't dismiss me straight out, because Manks had some legitimate points here: this album sounds way different than all the "scene" stuff right now. Nothing at all like their first album, and much more mature than Suicide Season, evolving on that sound. I don't quite know what genre to lump it in, but its really interesting. The more I hear them, the more I love Oli's yelling vocals as opposed to his old, generic lows and generic highs.

This album isn't deathcore, and I'm not even sure if I would call it metalcore. To be honest, its unlike anything I've heard at this point. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm really glad I gave this band another chance, and tried to put their whole "image" and fans out of my mind. Its a lot better than the whole crabcore/scenecore shit going on right now.

Hate me. :)

illuminatus917
07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Goddamn it.

Just, goddamn it.

Who will resurrect it next? We should have a wager.

BloodoftheKings
07-10-2011, 09:30 PM
This thread needs to be locked away never to be seen (or should I say scene) again.

llama lom
07-10-2011, 10:07 PM
My God. What the fuck?

mankvill
07-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Ah, my greatest work

Nick_to_the_face
07-15-2011, 11:32 PM
oh hey guise what's up

llama lom
07-16-2011, 06:16 AM
O HAI

jd091
07-16-2011, 06:21 AM
We should just make this the "What are you doing" thread version 2.0

llama lom
07-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Fapping

Nick_to_the_face
07-16-2011, 09:39 AM
http://files.myopera.com/SupeXjnh/blog/bringmethehorizon.jpg

Rocco44
07-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Just read the whole thread. Great work gents

treghet
07-16-2011, 11:11 AM
http://files.myopera.com/SupeXjnh/blog/bringmethehorizon.jpg

This photo is better.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/154434/Bring+Me+The+Horizon.jpg

larvtard
07-16-2011, 11:14 AM
This photo is better.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/154434/Bring+Me+The+Horizon.jpg

They look more manly in that one.

Nick_to_the_face
07-16-2011, 11:18 AM
I think this takes the cake.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/10614553/Bring+Me+The+Horizon+bmth.jpg

treghet
07-16-2011, 11:26 AM
You're right. That tub is filled to the brim with semen.

Nick_to_the_face
07-16-2011, 11:35 AM
You're right. That tub is filled to the brim with semen.

And they seem so happy about it..

jd091
07-16-2011, 11:52 AM
I think this takes the cake.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/10614553/Bring+Me+The+Horizon+bmth.jpg

:lol: I don't think they actually look too bad nowadays.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/60707929/Bring+Me+The+Horizon++Live+2011+site.jpg
Trimming up the hair a bit.

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/56938591/Bring+Me+The+Horizon+tumblr_lbtltxBwV91qazmfko1_12 8.png
And Oli has on a Dropdead shirt! Do approve.

Nick_to_the_face
07-16-2011, 11:57 AM
This is now JD

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/127443_main.jpg

treghet
07-16-2011, 12:03 PM
And Oli has on a Dropdead shirt! Do approve.

It's not the band, Drop Dead is his clothing line.

jd091
07-16-2011, 12:09 PM
This is now JD

http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/127443_main.jpg

:lol: :ass:

It's not the band, Drop Dead is his clothing line.

Oh.

I lost big respect for him. :nonono:

Nick_to_the_face
07-16-2011, 12:28 PM

Oh.

I lost big respect for him. :nonono:

You had respect for him in the first place? :confused:

jd091
07-16-2011, 12:32 PM
You had respect for him in the first place? :confused:

If he was wearing an actual Dropdead shirt, then yes!

And I do gotta actually hand it to all the guys in that band that they managed to ride the wave of musical success at such a young age. Weren't they like, 15 and 16 when they recorded their first demo? At least they had the sense to go get their foot in the door and get their shit together early, despite what you think of the music they actually wrote.

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Meh. I guess. But that's like saying any band who gets big at a young age deserves props. Which not all of them do. Some get lucky. I'll admit..I do like the song Chelsea Smile :eyes:

jd091
08-15-2011, 05:43 AM
o hey guise

treghet
08-15-2011, 05:56 AM
http://troll.me/images/ronald-mcdonald-call/listen-bitch-go-fuck-yourself-thumb.jpg

Nick_to_the_face
08-17-2011, 06:52 PM
o hey guise

o hai

BloodoftheKings
09-02-2011, 06:42 PM

I saw a girl wearing one of those today and it reminded me of this thread :lol:

jd091
09-02-2011, 06:47 PM
I saw a girl wearing one of those today and it reminded me of this thread :lol:

:fist: Good job keeping it alive. I approve.

Nick_to_the_face
10-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Hai guise, just-a-stoppin in

brutal_descent
10-24-2011, 08:52 AM

Nick, is there any other reason you remain on this board other than to necro this thread every time we forget about it?

jd091
10-24-2011, 09:26 AM

O hey der

Guess what I just did irl? Stopped at the House of Blues to buy my ticket for The Devil Wears Prada! :ass:

GarageMetal468
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM
O hey der

Guess what I just did irl? Stopped at the House of Blues to buy my ticket for The Devil Wears Prada! :ass:

Fuck, if I knew you were gonna be doing that I would've asked you to buy something useful and good, like my GWAR ticket!

Nick_to_the_face
10-25-2011, 09:29 AM
Nick, is there any other reason you remain on this board other than to necro this thread every time we forget about it?

Nope, I don't believe so :D

O hey der

You are a terrible person with a terrible life

jd091
10-25-2011, 09:43 AM
You are a terrible person with a terrible life

It's okay, Whitechapel is opening for 'em!

Nick_to_the_face
10-25-2011, 12:49 PM
It's okay, Whitechapel is opening for 'em!

Broooo, make sure to slam for me ;)

daimonos
10-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Broooo, make sure to slam for me ;)

Don't worry, he'll be flailing ALL over the place ;)

dcmetal108
10-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Both times I've saw Whitechapel there was never one a hardcore dancer which is a plus.

jd091
10-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't worry, he'll be flailing ALL over the place ;)

:tongue:

Whitechapel =/= hardcore. Even if they were, there's never enough room in the house of blues to slam when it's packed.

Nick_to_the_face
10-26-2011, 08:26 AM
Have fun listening to the same song over and over ;)

Nick_to_the_face
04-17-2012, 10:09 PM

Michael515616
01-29-2013, 09:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k9qDxyxS3s

mankvill
01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
IT NEVER ENDS IS STILL A FUCKING GREAT SONG

smearCampaign
01-29-2013, 10:36 AM
IT NEVER ENDS IS STILL A FUCKING GREAT SONG

http://i.qkme.me/3p3vo7.jpg

Nick_to_the_face
01-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Go home Manks, you're drunk

mankvill
01-29-2013, 12:02 PM
whatever brahs!

GarageMetal468
01-29-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k9qDxyxS3s

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country. "

MURICA

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 06:19 PM

MURICA

I saw that and said thank god! Already saw the video though and it sucks. Your not missing anything.

kalfitegrdan
01-29-2013, 07:20 PM

MURICA

PANTERA VIDEOS ONLY!

Mental Pain
03-08-2013, 06:38 AM
This album it by far their best work and Oli's voice has matured a lot and sounds different.

dcmetal108
03-08-2013, 07:09 AM
The album is like half coldplay half generic metalcore.

mankvill
04-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Bumping this up in preparation of my review of their new album which I'll post later today.

mastodon421
04-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Bumping this up in preparation of my review of their new album which I'll post later today.

Sempiternal would be great if Oli Sykes wasn't the fucking vocalist.

dcmetal108
04-03-2013, 07:15 PM
Sempiternal would be great if Oli Sykes wasn't the fucking vocalist.

This.

mankvill
04-03-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't mind Oli as a vocalist on album, he is horrendous live though.