PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden to tour in 2011.

SirLardsAlot
09-28-2010, 06:35 PM
Source: Iron Maiden Fan Club Magazine Issue 87

"Next year's tour promises to be out of this world. No pun intended!" - Laz

"We will be back on tour sometime in 2011, looking forward to playing some songs from the new album live for the first time." - Steve Harris

I hope they play a lot of stuff off The X Factor and Virtual XI!!! :blaze:

DethMaiden
09-28-2010, 06:40 PM
:party: See you in London if it's summer and Cleveland/Chicago if it's not! :fist:

JRA
09-28-2010, 06:42 PM
At least its "some" this time. Here's hoping those assholes learned their lesson.

IrritatedTrout
09-28-2010, 06:46 PM
AMOLAD tour > your family.

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 06:51 PM
At least its "some" this time. Here's hoping those assholes learned their lesson.

:tp:

I am actually very upset they're not doing the full album. Mostly because I am pretty fucking sure they'll drop the ball setlist wise if they don't. All of the tracks on the new album are good enough that they deserve to be played live once, so only choosing to do 6 period is stupid. Now, if Maiden were other bands, they would do 4 of the same tunes every night and leave 2 or 3 spots to rotate the rest around so they could play them all. But they won't. They'll do 6 new songs and that will be it - tough titty for the other 4.

Also, I'm sorry but again, this is Maiden, not other bands. Consider what we're getting if they DON'T play new songs on an album tour... I'd much rather see Starblind or Isle of Avalon for the first (and only) time than 2 Minutes to Midnight or Wrathchild for the who-knows-what at this point. Especially because let's face it, Maiden will do at least one straight hits tour before retirement, those songs ALWAYS have more chances to be played live.

Now, if instead of the whole album, Maiden decides to play great songs they haven't played to death over the past ten years, that'd be great. But they won't. The set will most likely look something like this:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.Wrathchild
04.2 Minutes to Midnight
05.The Trooper
06.Mother of Mercy
07.Coming Home
08.The Evil That Men Do
09.Brave New World
10.The Clairvoyant
11.When the Wild Wind Blows (because it's Steve's song, so let's face it, they're gonna do it)
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Run to the Hills
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

JRA
09-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Now, if Maiden were other bands, they would do 4 of the same tunes every night and leave 2 or 3 spots to rotate the rest around so they could play them all. But they won't. They'll do 6 new songs and that will be it - tough titty for the other 4.

I actually think that's a good idea.

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 06:59 PM
I actually think that's a good idea.

Which do you think is a good idea? A rotation or only arbitrarily playing 6 of the 10 songs?

mankvill
09-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Bruce can stick the mic up his asshole and Steve can dropkick him in the stomach over and over again and I'd still go as long as it came to KC.

bt11763
09-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Bruce can stick the mic up his asshole and Steve can dropkick him in the stomach over and over again and I'd still go as long as it came to KC.

i literally lol'd

Sanitarium78
09-28-2010, 07:29 PM
:tp:

I am actually very upset they're not doing the full album. Mostly because I am pretty fucking sure they'll drop the ball setlist wise if they don't. All of the tracks on the new album are good enough that they deserve to be played live once, so only choosing to do 6 period is stupid. Now, if Maiden were other bands, they would do 4 of the same tunes every night and leave 2 or 3 spots to rotate the rest around so they could play them all. But they won't. They'll do 6 new songs and that will be it - tough titty for the other 4.

Also, I'm sorry but again, this is Maiden, not other bands. Consider what we're getting if they DON'T play new songs on an album tour... I'd much rather see Starblind or Isle of Avalon for the first (and only) time than 2 Minutes to Midnight or Wrathchild for the who-knows-what at this point. Especially because let's face it, Maiden will do at least one straight hits tour before retirement, those songs ALWAYS have more chances to be played live.

Now, if instead of the whole album, Maiden decides to play great songs they haven't played to death over the past ten years, that'd be great. But they won't. The set will most likely look something like this:

01.The Final Frontier
02.El Dorado
03.Wrathchild
04.2 Minutes to Midnight
05.The Trooper
06.Mother of Mercy
07.Coming Home
08.The Evil That Men Do
09.Brave New World
10.The Clairvoyant
11.When the Wild Wind Blows (because it's Steve's song, so let's face it, they're gonna do it)
12.Fear of the Dark
13.Iron Maiden
Encore:
14.Number of the Beast
15.Run to the Hills
16.Hallowed Be Thy Name

I like the set you've come up with here. Mainly because POM, PS and SSOASS are represented. That was the main thing that was missing for me with this summer's set. I don't give a fuck if they've played the songs over and over as long as those albums make an appearance in the set i'm fine with whatever they do off them.

Also, there is nothing wrong with WTWWB. I think it's a very good epic. I think Starblind needs to be in the set to. You're right this would be the better album to do in full live. The only reunion album I like better is BNW.

I still don't understand how they are not bored to death with Wrathchild by now:confused:

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
I like the set you've come up with here. Mainly because POM, PS and SSOASS are represented. That was the main thing that was missing for me with this summer's set. I don't give a fuck if they've played the songs over and over as long as those albums make an appearance in the set i'm fine with whatever they do off them.

Also, there is nothing wrong with WTWWB. I think it's a very good epic. I think Starblind needs to be in the set to. You're right this would be the better album to do in full live. The only reunion album I like better is BNW.

I still don't understand how they are not bored to death with Wrathchild by now:confused:

(buries head in hands)

maidenpriest
09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
besides one or two overplayed songs on that set (Wrathchild), i would be very happy with that set. Even though I would prefer if they didnt play Where the Wild Wind Blows

mankvill
09-28-2010, 08:00 PM
I think Blood Brothers and Brave New World should be in every Maiden setlist ever.

SomewhereInTime72
09-28-2010, 08:22 PM
I think Blood Brothers...should be in every Maiden setlist ever.

unparalleled_agreement.gif

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I think Blood Brothers and Brave New World should be in every Maiden setlist ever.

No Maiden song should be in every Maiden setlist ever except Iron Maiden and Hallowed Be Thy Name. Those are certainly two songs I wouldn't be upset to have to see again though, even though I've seen them twice and three times respectively.

JLRedWing13
09-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Why is everyone so hellbent against them playing When The Wild Wind Blows live? It's easily one of the best three songs on the album, imo, and it's definitely the best epic Steve has made in a while.

Anyway, I hope they will come back to Detroit, but I would gladly go to Ohio or Chicago to see them again.

Travis The Dragon
09-28-2010, 09:04 PM
http://forum.maidenfans.com/index.php?topic=19769.0
Look at the 6th question down. Whether or not those are the ones that will be played is hard to say, but I would be quite happy if that was the way it was especially considering the fact that The Talisman is my favorite song from the album.

BTW, this isn't news since Maiden first announced some 2011 tour dates almost 2 months ago. (http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1245)

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 09:06 PM
If they wind up not playing Starblind live there'll be hell to pay. The only song on this album I really wouldn't want to see live is The Man Who Would Be King... though I would still take it over seeing a boring hit for the 6th time.

DethMaiden
09-28-2010, 09:08 PM
If they wind up not playing Starblind live there'll be hell to pay. The only song on this album I really wouldn't want to see live is The Man Who Would Be King... though I would still take it over seeing a boring hit for the 6th time.

That's not true. You know you would rather hear 2 Minutes to Midnight or The Trooper than one of the half dozen worst songs of the reunion era. If you honestly would rather hear TMWWBK than something like those...I can't help you.

JLRedWing13
09-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I also don't see what the hate with TMWWBK is all about, but I'm in the clear minority on that one.

I would be ecstatic if they pulled out anything off the second half of the album, especially Starblind, Isle of Avalon, or WTWWB.

Maiden33
09-28-2010, 09:16 PM
That's not true. You know you would rather hear 2 Minutes to Midnight or The Trooper than one of the half dozen worst songs of the reunion era. If you honestly would rather hear TMWWBK than something like those...I can't help you.

Honestly, no. Not in theory at least. I've seen 2 Minutes and The Trooper enough times at this point, and as I've said, there's more opportunities coming. I honestly kinda want diversity of the sake of diversity at this point. Even the "worst" tracks of the reunion era are hardly Maiden's worst tracks in my opinion.

I also don't see what the hate with TMWWBK is all about, but I'm in the clear minority on that one.

I would be ecstatic if they pulled out anything off the second half of the album, especially Starblind, Isle of Avalon, or WTWWB.

It's not hate. It's still a decent song, IMO. It's not even my least favorite on the album - that would have to go to The Final Frontier. The song is solid, but I really don't like the whole intro, which is half the track, it drags down the decency of the song, thus making it my least favorite.

JLRedWing13
09-28-2010, 09:24 PM
.It's not hate. It's still a decent song, IMO. It's not even my least favorite on the album - that would have to go to The Final Frontier. The song is solid, but I really don't like the whole intro, which is half the track, it drags down the decency of the song, thus making it my least favorite.
I can understand that, and the comment wasn't necessarily directed towards you. I specifically recall someone on here saying it sucks copious amounts of dick, and after hearing it many, many times, I don't get why.

IrritatedTrout
09-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Why is everyone so hellbent against them playing When The Wild Wind Blows live? It's easily one of the best three songs on the album, imo, and it's definitely the best epic Steve has made in a while.

Anyway, I hope they will come back to Detroit, but I would gladly go to Ohio or Chicago to see them again.

I'd love to see WTWWB, it's one of the best on the new album.

SomewhereInTime72
09-28-2010, 09:36 PM
I almost wish they would play the new album in full so I wouldn't have to be saddened by missing the other songs. :lol:

Travis The Dragon
09-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Oops, I almost forgot this:
http://msghelp.net/images/old_news.jpg
Again, this isn't news since Maiden first announced some 2011 tour dates almost 2 months ago. (http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1245)

Derelict
09-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Oops, I almost forgot this:
http://msghelp.net/images/old_news.jpg
Again, this isn't news since Maiden first announced some 2011 tour dates almost 2 months ago. (http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=1245)

http://www.breworganic.com/ProductImages/pots_and_systems/7.5-gal-pot.jpeg

http://www.globalvoipphoneservice.com/voipservice/images/phone_call.jpg

http://www.copperbrasstraditions.com/images/pictures/old-dutch-2-qt.-solid-copper-tea-kettle.jpg

http://www.papermarc.com.au/images/mat-black-lg.jpg

Travis The Dragon
09-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Pot listen kettle black?

Maiden33
09-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Pot listen kettle black?

Are you in denial or just dumb?

Dissimulate
09-29-2010, 06:16 PM
I can understand that, and the comment wasn't necessarily directed towards you. I specifically recall someone on here saying it sucks copious amounts of dick, and after hearing it many, many times, I don't get why.
Personal preference? To me, the lyrics are stupid and the song doesn't go anywhere interesting.

Dextrimental
09-29-2010, 06:39 PM
I will be there regardless, hoping for some more hits though, I haven't seen the trooper, or 2 minutes to midnight, or evil that men do live yet, so seeing those, with the newer stuff, will be really nice :)

Dissimulate
09-29-2010, 06:44 PM
I will be there regardless, hoping for some more hits though, I haven't seen the trooper, or 2 minutes to midnight, or evil that men do live yet, so seeing those, with the newer stuff, will be really nice :)
They'll probably play six songs from the new album, a few token reunion era songs, and the rest will be their hits.

Dextrimental
09-29-2010, 06:49 PM
They'll probably play six songs from the new album, a few token reunion era songs, and the rest will be their hits.

I'm thinking that, I'm not going to complain though, I acknowledge bands feel an obligation to play the hits for the fans seeing them for the first time, and I acknowledge that some of these hits the band happen to enjoy playing anyway.

Travis The Dragon
09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Are you in denial or just dumb?

Just dumb. I have nothing to be in denial over.

SirLardsAlot
09-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Ehh go to hell.

JLRedWing13
09-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Pot listen kettle black?
*Facepalm*

Travis The Dragon
09-30-2010, 02:01 PM
This is no more news than my thread about Metallica. We all knew Maiden was going to tour next year. Especially when tour dates were announced.

SirLardsAlot
09-30-2010, 02:48 PM
This is no more news than my thread about Metallica. We all knew Maiden was going to tour next year. Especially when tour dates were announced.Durrrr I didn't see it obviously. Therefore, I repeat, go to hell.

JLRedWing13
09-30-2010, 06:18 PM
I'd call the thread a success anyway...

Butcher of Birth
09-30-2010, 10:19 PM
They announced the Nordic Dates, and I bought pitch tickets to the Ullevi Stadia date! Gothenburg here I come!

Also, Nicko has said that they will use the plane for the 1st leg of the tour, which hits OZ and such as seen, but would also include South America, and according to Nicko, at least one Florida date.

But on the Iron Maiden forums, a member with inside source says:
"Maiden is skipping NA in 2011. It`ll be 2012 when they play here again. They are doing S. America(spring of 2011), then S. Africa(late spring/early summer), then the Nordics(summer). After that they will do a full UK tour(late summer/early fall, or autumn as you Brits prefer). Then they will be in N. America for a mid-winter tour in January of 2012 extending through March/April). Don`t ask me how I know this either. Or else I`d have to kill you. ;)"

Travis The Dragon
09-30-2010, 10:51 PM
Durrrr I didn't see it obviously. Therefore, I repeat, go to hell.

Since you didn't see it, I'm sorry about what I said. I'll still go to hell if you want me to. :tongue:

Travis The Dragon
09-30-2010, 11:00 PM
They announced the Nordic Dates, and I bought pitch tickets to the Ullevi Stadia date! Gothenburg here I come!

Also, Nicko has said that they will use the plane for the 1st leg of the tour, which hits OZ and such as seen, but would also include South America, and according to Nicko, at least one Florida date.

"Maiden is skipping NA in 2011. It`ll be 2012 when they play here again. They are doing S. America(spring of 2011), then S. Africa(late spring/early summer), then the Nordics(summer). After that they will do a full UK tour(late summer/early fall, or autumn as you Brits prefer). Then they will be in N. America for a mid-winter tour in January of 2012 extending through March/April). Don`t ask me how I know this either. Or else I`d have to kill you. "
If all of that is true, January-March/April would be 3-4 months of touring NA which would mean a lot more than the usual 15-20 dates.

IrritatedTrout
10-01-2010, 12:37 PM

He was trolling.

Maiden33
10-01-2010, 01:31 PM
He was trolling.

I hope not. I actually legitimately hope that's true. I'd love to not have to spend $100 on a Maiden ticket until a year from now. It also gives me ample time to see the setlist and live videos and weigh all pros/cons involved.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Maiden. But I only have the patience to deal with buying tickets and going to see them about once every 2 years. Every time I am more reminded of why I love underground metal and bands I can see play at GA clubs.

DethMaiden
10-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Well, if that's when they're in the UK, I'll miss them, and if that's when they're in the USA, I'll have to drive a long fucking way to see them.

Worth it.

Maiden33
10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Well, if that's when they're in the UK, I'll miss them, and if that's when they're in the USA, I'll have to drive a long fucking way to see them.

Worth it.

Save now and actually come here, like was talked about prior to the dates being announced for this past tour!

DethMaiden
10-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Save now and actually come here, like was talked about prior to the dates being announced for this past tour!

If they play during school I can't really miss any time and I'll end up having to go to Chicago or MAYBE Toronto, especially since that'll be my last semester before graduation and I'll be loaded up on credits even more than usual. If it were to happen after May 10th or so, the prospects would be better.

Or worse, potentially, since I have no idea where the fuck I'm going to live after I graduate. :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
10-01-2010, 02:04 PM
I hope not. I actually legitimately hope that's true. I'd love to not have to spend $100 on a Maiden ticket until a year from now. It also gives me ample time to see the setlist and live videos and weigh all pros/cons involved.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Maiden. But I only have the patience to deal with buying tickets and going to see them about once every 2 years. Every time I am more reminded of why I love underground metal and bands I can see play at GA clubs.

He admitted he made it all up.

JLRedWing13
10-01-2010, 04:26 PM
He admitted he made it all up.
LOL! Busted.

Anyway, maybe it's just me and I don't go to enough shows, but I don't see how external problems such as First To The Barrier or dumb audience members should detract from someone seeing his/her favorite band. If it bothers you that much, I feel bad for you, especially if the band they're keeping you from seeing is Iron Maiden.

Not directed at anyone, just a general comment. :bliss:

PowerMaiden
10-01-2010, 05:27 PM
fucking bring it on !!!

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TonyD
10-01-2010, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the did skip the states, or even just do Canada and Mexico out of spite :lol:

Butcher of Birth
10-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the did skip the states, or even just do Canada and Mexico out of spite :lol:

^This

But honestly, they charted well in the States, played to good crowds, I mean what more do they want? America is a world apart from everything, just like Brazil is, and Europe, different types of crowds and what not. In the end, skipping the States I feel wouldn't be smart from a business stand point.

Travis The Dragon
10-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I'm sure they won't skip here. They'll probably limit it to the usual 15 cities which I don't understand with their increasing popularity over here. I'll bet they could do tours similar to Metallica, AC/DC, and Rush and do just as well or VERY close to it. In fact, Rush has only sold half of the number of albums world wide as Maiden and look at how well they do here.

mankvill
10-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm sure they won't skip here. They'll probably limit it to the usual 15 cities which I don't understand with their increasing popularity over here. I'll bet they could do tours similar to Metallica, AC/DC, and Rush and do just as well or VERY close to it. In fact, Rush has only sold half of the number of albums world wide as Maiden and look at how well they do here.

Except I hear Rush on the radio ALL the time.

JLRedWing13
10-02-2010, 10:56 AM
After the success they had here on the first leg of this tour, there's no doubt they'll be back sooner rather than later.

Sanitarium78
10-02-2010, 11:04 AM

Rush may have only sold half of what Maiden has worldwide but in North America Rush out sells Maiden buy a pretty big margine. That's why Rush tours around here so much and Maiden tours the rest of the world more.

Don't forget Rush is thrid all time in the US with most consecutive gold/platinum records behind the Beatles and Rolling Stones.

It would suck if Maiden skipped North America next year. But i'll just take the money I would've spent on them and try to see Rush one extra time next summer, since there's no chance of Maiden even hitting my area if they do tour anyways.

Maiden33
10-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Except I hear Rush on the radio ALL the time.

Exactly. There are seriously about FIFTEEN Rush songs played in at least casual rotation on rock radio. No disrespect to the band whatsoever, but I've noticed Rush fans LOVE to compare Rush to Maiden as if the two are comparable in terms of success for the same reasons, but it's not really the same thing. Maiden has, at absolute most, 4 songs that EVER get played on US radio in the past decade. And only one of them is truly an actual "hit".

Maiden33
10-02-2010, 11:13 AM
And also:
First to the Barrier and Paperless Tickets won't stop me from seeing Maiden. They may very well influence my decision about which show I go to or what type of tickets I buy, but I'll go no matter what. I doubt I'll ever skip a Maiden tour, but after the IMMENSE amount of bullshit I dealt with this past tour, my desire to enter the whole rat race of trying to get good tickets, showing up at 11 AM, etc is practically non-existent. I will NEVER do GA tickets for a paperless ticket show ever again. Maybe if it were at a smaller venue, where people go in in a single or double-file line, so if there's a problem, everyone waits. But with 25 gates letting people in, it's so easy to get rammed in the butt like me, IrritatedTrout, and Butcher of Birth did in VA this year.

Also, I get awfully sick of typical Maiden fanboys every single time I go to see them. It annoys me that it seems like there is no middle ground between people who see them once in a while and only want hits, and obsessive fanboys who will not speak any ill of them and go to as many shows on every tour as they can. Also, I couldn't stand the amount of disrespect shown towards Dream Theater, easily one of the best and (like it or not) most appropriate support bands Maiden have had in America in a long time, if not ever.

The 2008 tour left a very good taste in my mouth, but my experience from this summer's tour did quite the opposite. Damn shame since I LOVED the show itself. As I said, I won't stop going to see Maiden or anything, but I may only be buying lawn tickets or at least just trying to get good seats from now on. Because it's just not worth the bullshit to me anymore.

Travis The Dragon
10-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I still say Maiden has gained enough popularity here and could do a 40 city tour of arenas that hold at lest 15,000 and come very close to selling them all out. Sigh, we'll probably never know for sure. It kind of sucks what happened in the 90's and that they sort of had to regain their popularity after Bruce rejoined.

Maiden33
10-02-2010, 07:15 PM
I still say Maiden has gained enough popularity here and could do a 40 city tour of arenas that hold at lest 15,000 and come very close to selling them all out. Sigh, we'll probably never know for sure. It kind of sucks what happened in the 90's and that they sort of had to regain their popularity after Bruce rejoined.

I wouldn't be so hasty. 25-30 is probably realistic, but 40 is probably being a bit hasty, even for North America total and not just the USA. Remember that in 2008, Camden, NJ - which is practically Philadelphia, all things considered - didn't sell out, actually, not even close. I would know, I was there. The numbers are online as well.

I think Maiden (or more importantly, their management) are at the point where from a business standpoint, they would rather do 15 shows and guarantee sell-outs rather than do 30 shows and have lots of empty seats in half of them. Yes, the shows wouldn't be a bust, and many bands make due with much worse turnouts than Maiden would have under those circumstances - but I think doing things the way they are is a smart business move - and frankly smart business moves is WHY Maiden are not only still around, but just about the biggest they've ever been.

Sanitarium78
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM

40 city tour? They're not Metallica when it comes to popularity. I'd love for Maiden to do that but that's a bit much fonz.

Especially if they do sets like they did this summer and on the AMOLAD tour. You're gonna piss off a lot of people and turn them away from seeing you when you're a classic band like them and you focus on the newer stuff and not the more popular older stuff most people are there for.

There's a lot of people who won't see them anymore just based on that. So a 40 city tour is really is out of reach in the US. If the SBIT tour didn't get that length in the US I don't see any other tour ever getting it.

Travis The Dragon
10-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Ya, I see your points.

I thought AMOLAD and this summer's sets were received pretty good though. I could be wrong about that.

I wonder how big the venue in Camdem is and how well they did. If they played at least 25 cities and sold at least 10,000 tickets each, that would be great, but like you said, from a business standpoint, it's not a good thing.

Dextrimental
10-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Both were received somehwat on an average scale, some people loved them, others hated them. The people who've been following Maiden for years and seen the previous tours didn't mind the chance to hear newer stuff, but the fans seeing them for the first time weren't all too happy. And of course theres the fanboys, who would be happy with the band coming out and shitting on their face anyway.

Maiden33
10-02-2010, 07:46 PM
40 city tour? They're not Metallica when it comes to popularity. I'd love for Maiden to do that but that's a bit much fonz.

Especially if they do sets like they did this summer and on the AMOLAD tour. You're gonna piss off a lot of people and turn them away from seeing you when you're a classic band like them and you focus on the newer stuff and not the more popular older stuff most people are there for.

There's a lot of people who won't see them anymore just based on that. So a 40 city tour is really is out of reach in the US. If the SBIT tour didn't get that length in the US I don't see any other tour ever getting it.

This really, really bothers you, doesn't it? :lol:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The people who PMS and throw a shit-fit because of a tour focusing on new material or playing an entire new album are fans the band doesn't need. They're NOT in the position where they need to please everyone, so why would they worry about it when the grand majority of their fanbase doesn't care?

Also - the AMOLAD/2010 tours allowed me to see (guesstimate) about a dozen songs I never would've seen otherwise and will NEVER be played again. Yeah, I would've MUCH rather just seen songs I've already seen 3-4 times an EXTRA two times. Makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

And before someone chimes in and says: "But they could've used those spots in the setlist to play older, golden-era less-played tracks!", because someone ALWAYS makes that irrelevant point. Yes, they could, but they don't, and they won't. Maiden is just not the kind of band that breaks out rarities on album tours. It's always just new material + hits + whatever might be left in the set from the album before. It's been that way for about 2 decades now. Someone can feel free to blow the bullshit whistle on me if I'm wrong, but with the exception of a few tunes resurrected on the Seventh Son tour - any time Maiden drops a song completely out of a set from an album tour, it will not come back until a "hits" tour, particularly one focusing on that period. Sometimes (see: Revelations) the song will then start to become semi-regular again, but they just simply don't resurrect old songs that aren't hits on album tours. Which is why the empty spots (meaning not new songs, NOTB, Hallowed, Fear, RTTH, and Iron Maiden) on this upcoming tour's set will be filled with tunes like Wrathchild, The Trooper, The Evil That Men Do, The Clairvoyant, Can I Play With Madness, 2 Minutes to Midnight, and Heaven Can Wait. Pretty much all great songs, but at this point... :zzz:

Maiden33
10-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Ya, I see your points.

I thought AMOLAD and this summer's sets were received pretty good though. I could be wrong about that.

I wonder how big the venue in Camdem is and how well they did. If they played at least 25 cities and sold at least 10,000 tickets each, that would be great, but like you said, from a business standpoint, it's not a good thing.

Almost all "sheds" are about the same size: ~15,000-18,000 capacity. They're all built with roughly the exact same design plan, just like most basketball/hockey arenas.

AMOLAD was received very badly, but I thought overall this summer's tour was received pretty well. I think the 2006 tour suffered because it was the first time in over 3 years Maiden had done a real US tour by themselves. So a higher than average number of casual fans/first-time attendees were at the shows.

JRA
10-02-2010, 08:08 PM
Exactly. There are seriously about FIFTEEN Rush songs played in at least casual rotation on rock radio.

Which songs are these? :confused:

Sanitarium78
10-02-2010, 08:17 PM

I haven't listed to my local classic rock station in many years but in my area the songs below were always played and since classic rock stations never change their formats they probably still play these:

Working Man
Fly By Night
Bastille Day
Overture/TOS
Closer To The Heart
The Trees
The Spirit Of Radio
Freewill
The first four off Moving Pictures
Subdivisions
New World Man
Distant Early Warning
The Big Money
Time Stand Still
Dreamline
Roll The Bones

DethMaiden
10-02-2010, 08:17 PM

In Dayton, at least:

Working Man
Fly By Night
Closer to the Heart
The Trees
The Spirit of Radio
Freewill
Tom Sawyer
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight
Subdivisions
Far Cry
Caravan

Fourteen off the top of my head.

Maiden33
10-02-2010, 08:18 PM

Working Man
Fly By Night
Tom Sawyer
Freewill
Limelight
The Spirit of Radio
Closer to the Heart
2112 Overture/Temples of Syrinx
Subdivisions
Distant Early Warning
Far Cry

I've also heard Red Barchetta, The Trees, and YYZ on the radio, but not enough to consider them "in rotation". Also, my local station is now playing "Caravan" regularly.

Travis The Dragon
10-02-2010, 08:30 PM
I know it will NEVER happen, but it would be beyond amazing if they did a tour of 80's songs never played such as Invaders, Gangland, Sun And Steel, Flash Of The Blade, The Duellists, Deja Vu, Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner, Alexander The Great, The Prophecy, and Only The Good Die Young. Those 10 plus 5 overplayed classics and you have a full set.

Maiden33
10-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I know it will NEVER happen, but it would be beyond amazing if they did a tour of 80's songs never played such as Invaders, Sun And Steel, Flash Of The Blade, The Duellists, Deja Vu, Alexander The Great, The Prophecy, and Only The Good Die Young. In fact, if Maiden did just those songs and nothing else, I would be VERY happy.

:drool:

JLRedWing13
10-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Infinite Dreams anyone? Only The Good Die Young is an incredibly overlooked song as well.

In fact, any rarity off of Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son should be in consideration for the setlist of the next classic tour. ;)

Wizzbang11
10-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Infinite Dreams anyone?

Best Maiden song EVER!:)

idrinkwine732
10-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Infinite Dreams anyone? Only The Good Die Young is an incredibly overlooked song as well.

In fact, any rarity off of Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son should be in consideration for the setlist of the next classic tour. ;)

Caught Somewhere in Time, Alexander the Great and Deja Vu for SIT and Infinite Dreams, 7th Son and Only the Good Die Young for SSOASS deserve to be in there for the next classics tour, all of which would be fitting with their trends.

Early Days
World Slavery
...7th Son?

Travis The Dragon
10-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Since 7 Son material was already covered in SBIT and even though it wasn't as popular, I wonder if the next history tour will focus more on the 90's material.

idrinkwine732
10-02-2010, 10:01 PM
Since 7 Son material was already covered in SBIT and even though it wasn't as popular, I wonder if the next history tour will focus more on the 90's material.

I'm at least 100% sure they won't focus on the 90's material for the next classics tour.

Travis The Dragon
10-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Ya, they probably won't focus on it, but some of it will probably be included in the setlist.

idrinkwine732
10-02-2010, 11:04 PM
Ya, they probably won't focus on it, but some of it will probably be included in the setlist.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put a blaze song in there somewhere, but a focus on it isn't likely.

JLRedWing13
10-03-2010, 11:54 AM
The next classics tour is rumored to coincide with the release of Maiden England, meaning the setlist would be similar to that of the Seventh Son tour, heavy on SIT and SSOASS songs. I hope that is the case. :drool:

TonyD
10-03-2010, 01:48 PM
Does anyone have attendance figures for the 2008 and 2010 tours at the same venues?

Travis The Dragon
10-03-2010, 01:50 PM
The next classics tour is rumored to coincide with the release of Maiden England, meaning the setlist would be similar to that of the Seventh Son tour, heavy on SIT and SSOASS songs. I hope that is the case. :drool:

That would be great! But it would be nice if they threw a couple of 90's songs in the set since it's been so long since they've done some of them. These 4 would be sweet: Tailgunner, Holy Smoke, Be Quick Or Be Dead, Wasting Love.

JLRedWing13
10-03-2010, 02:37 PM
That would be great! But it would be nice if they threw a couple of 90's songs in the set since it's been so long since they've done some of them. These 4 would be sweet: Tailgunner, Holy Smoke, Be Quick Or Be Dead, Wasting Love.
Tailgunner and BQOBD are probably two of the select few songs from those two albums that I wouldn't mind seeing live. The rest....no thanks..

Sanitarium78
10-03-2010, 05:14 PM
This really, really bothers you, doesn't it? :lol:

Yeah it does:D As you know I like the new stuff but completely ignoring material from POT through SSOASS is just something that's always gonna bother me.

Anyways you and I have gone argued on and off all summer about this subject and we've both said more than out fair share on the matter. So let's just put that debate to bed and we'll move on to some other stuff now.

JLRedWing13
10-03-2010, 06:30 PM
but completely ignoring material from POT
:lol:

idrinkwine732
10-03-2010, 07:22 PM
:lol:

Piece of Time

I dig it.

Sanitarium78
10-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Damn you both Iron Maiden and Anthrax for having album abbreviations so close to each other:mad:

Travis The Dragon
10-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Piece of Time

I dig it.

That should be the name of their next album. NOT!

Sanitarium78
10-04-2010, 08:37 AM
That should be the name of their next album. NOT!

Wow, dusting off the "NOT!" huh fonz? I think the last time I heard anyone use that was in the Wayne's World movies:D

What's next are you gonna call something "bodacious" or tell someone to "eat my shorts":lol:

Derelict
10-04-2010, 08:43 AM
That chick is totally a Baberham Lincoln

Travis The Dragon
10-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Wow, dusting off the "NOT!" huh fonz? I think the last time I heard anyone use that was in the Wayne's World movies:D

What's next are you gonna call something "bodacious" or tell someone to "eat my shorts":lol:

:lol: That would be groovy and far out if Maiden came to Minnesota next year. :tongue:

Wizzbang11
10-04-2010, 05:47 PM
:lol: That would be groovy and far out if Maiden came to Minnesota next year. :tongue:

Way to fuck up the decade, Fonz.

Crionics
10-04-2010, 06:56 PM
You know, I always thought Maiden should do an "epic" tour with a set that contains mostly epics like

Caught Somewhere in Time
Alexander the Great
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son
etc.

But the next tour will focus on TFF material.

Sanitarium78
10-05-2010, 09:57 AM
You know, I always thought Maiden should do an "epic" tour with a set that contains mostly epics like

Caught Somewhere in Time
Alexander the Great
Infinite Dreams
Seventh Son
etc.

But the next tour will focus on TFF material.

That's an intresting concept. Though the set would have to be a few songs shorter than normal since all the songs would be longer

1. Caught Somewhere In Time
2. Heaven Can Wait
3. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
4. To Tame A Land
6. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
7. The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
8. When The Wild Wind Blows
9. Paschendale
10. Infinite Dreams
11. Where Eagles Dare

12. Alexander The Great
13. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name

That would be a fun set to see:D

ADD
10-05-2010, 11:02 AM
I won't go if they play a lot of newer songs but I understand if they wanna tour to support the album, power to the people :fist:

es156
10-05-2010, 09:30 PM
That's an intresting concept. Though the set would have to be a few songs shorter than normal since all the songs would be longer

2. Heaven Can Wait
4. To Tame A Land
9. Paschendale
10. Infinite Dreams
11. Where Eagles Dare

12. Alexander The Great
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name

My head would explode from the awesomeness.

idrinkwine732
10-05-2010, 09:48 PM

2. Heaven Can Wait
4. To Tame A Land
9. Paschendale
10. Infinite Dreams
11. Where Eagles Dare

12. Alexander The Great
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Eh. That'd be okay.

Travis The Dragon
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM

2. Heaven Can Wait
4. To Tame A Land
9. Paschendale
10. Infinite Dreams
11. Where Eagles Dare

12. Alexander The Great
14. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Replace HCW with The Legacy and WED with Dream Of Mirrors= :drool: :drool: :drool:

DethMaiden
10-05-2010, 09:58 PM
That set has a lot of good songs in it, but would flow horribly. A Maiden set needs four or five short sharp shocks in it or even the diehards will fall asleep.

Maiden33
10-05-2010, 10:53 PM
That set has a lot of good songs in it, but would flow horribly. A Maiden set needs four or five short sharp shocks in it or even the diehards will fall asleep.

This. I was gonna post it myself, thanks for saving me the trouble, haha.

Sanitarium78
10-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Replace HCW with The Legacy and WED with Dream Of Mirrors= :drool: :drool: :drool:

While The Legacy and DOM are good songs the only trade that is more uneven than the one you've proposed is if the Houston Texans traded Andre Johnson to the Buffalo Bills for Lee Evans.

You're right that a Maiden set needs a few shorter songs but I made a playlist of this on my iPOD and it doesn't flow too bad at all. Plus, when I saw Maiden from the pit this summer there were a good number of people around me who were dead for certian songs anyways. The people in the pit for the most part are the diehards that you speak of. El Dorado (because nobody knew it yet), DOD, Ben Breeg and NML didn't exactly get the people going wild at all.

But whatever, it's not like they'll ever do a tour like that at all. I was just having some fun with it.

SomewhereInTime72
10-06-2010, 09:20 AM

Replace ...WED .
GET THE FUCK OUT

JLRedWing13
10-06-2010, 09:42 AM
I love The Legacy and Dream of Mirrors....but you're crazy.

Derelict
10-06-2010, 10:26 AM
can we at least wait for tour dates before complaining about the setlist?

TonyD
10-06-2010, 10:27 AM
GET THE FUCK OUT

Seriously
can we at least wait for tour dates before complaining about the setlist?

:lol: yes. And if it's another "fuck you, lazy Americans" set, I'm not goin.

Travis The Dragon
10-06-2010, 04:39 PM
DOM and The Legacy are much more epic than HWC and WED. In fact, I don't even consider those 2 to be epics at all.

PowerMaiden
10-06-2010, 04:46 PM

you don't replace Eagles with anything, ever

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TonyD
10-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't listen to music to hear epics, I listen to hear good ass songs.

Travis The Dragon
10-06-2010, 05:04 PM

Same here, but it's always the longer songs that have that epic feel to them that are my favorites on Maiden's albums.

MPF
10-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Quoted and Sigged' for truth!

Sanitarium78
10-06-2010, 06:19 PM
DOM and The Legacy are much more epic than HWC and WED. In fact, I don't even consider those 2 to be epics at all.

A song doesn't have to be long to be considered and epic. Sometimes it just needs to have an "epic" feel to it and HCW and WED have that. Moonchild is another song that isn't epic by length but in terms of the vibe the song gives off, it is.

Travis The Dragon
10-06-2010, 06:57 PM
A song doesn't have to be long to be considered and epic. Sometimes it just needs to have an "epic" feel to it and HCW and WED have that. Moonchild is another song that isn't epic by length but in terms of the vibe the song gives off, it is.

That's very true. Actually, a lot of Maiden's songs overall have an epic, magical feel to them.

DethMaiden
10-06-2010, 06:58 PM
That's very true. Actually, a lot of Maiden's songs overall have an epic, magical feel to them.

Aww, now you went and made Iron Maiden gay. :(

zgodt
10-06-2010, 07:03 PM

:hecho:

Derelict
10-06-2010, 07:31 PM

Um, magical? Do you have a lot of hit points?

Wizzbang11
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
:hecho:

Ahhhhhhh and he was one of the guys on your side!
In Brad's defense, he was actually speaking about them being stereotypically homosexual with the wording Fonz used, clearly not the synonym for 'lame' that you are so quick to jump at.

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Fucking L o L.

SomewhereInTime72
10-07-2010, 12:57 PM

http://i52.tinypic.com/2s15h6b.jpg

DethMaiden
10-07-2010, 02:08 PM

This is what I really meant.

Dissimulate
10-07-2010, 03:24 PM
As I play a wizard, I would be quite offended if someone said that to me. Also, that ad campaign is so gay.

Travis The Dragon
10-07-2010, 07:32 PM
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/pictures/bootlegs/1981/1981-11-15_a_vsmall.jpg

Crionics
10-07-2010, 07:36 PM
This should be interesting...

IrritatedTrout
10-07-2010, 07:43 PM
http://www.ironmaidencommentary.com/pictures/bootlegs/1981/1981-11-15_a_vsmall.jpg

Great success.

Butcher of Birth
10-12-2010, 10:09 PM
Good read I feel (Taken from IMFC Forums)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/STEVEHUNTER/6c448061e7.jpg
Okay, Hopefully you all know how it works. If you don't then here goes - Iron Maiden have for the last few tours released dates in dribs and drabs and often other sites have announced them first. This thread has been started in order to have a one stop place to see all the confirmed, rumoured and speculated gigs. It is not set up as a wish list or a I want Maiden to play my hometown thread.

Confirmed (Bold and underlined) gigs are ones quoted from the www.ironmaiden.com (http://www.ironmaiden.com/fanclub/../), will not be labelled as a gig confirmed until is confirmed on that site, even though they may have been confirmed elsewhere.

I will only add rumours from reliable sources that have provided info that has come true previously or links an official website. strong rumours are in bold

Speculated ones are based on educated guesses and previous tours as Rod has stated that they prefer to play in the summer, these have nothing to do with rumours as speculation and rumours are not the same thing.

If you know of any other dates please feel free to add them here.

I will update the first post regularly when new info comes in.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/STEVEHUNTER/Iron-Maiden-Australian-Tour-Final-Frontier.jpg

ED FORCE ONE LEG (for want of a better name)

Well it is now common knowledge that Maiden will be taking the plane out again in February through March, April.

It looks like we will get gigs in Asia, Oceania, very likely South And Central America, bracketed very possibly by "Fuel Stop Gigs" In North America and Europe. No previous album tour to base this on, so using 2008 and 2009 instead, possible number of dates in this leg - 22

2011-02-xx Mumbai
2011-02-17 (Thu) - Jakarta (or 2011-02-18)
2011-02-19 (Sat) - Bali (or 2011-02-20)
2011-02-23 (Wed) - Melbourne Hisense Arena
2011-02-24 (Thu) - Sydney Entertainment Centre
2011-02-26 (Sat) - Brisbane (Soundwave)
2011-02-27 (Sun) - Sydney (Soundwave)
2011-02-xx Christchurch - speculation
2011-03-xx Auckland - speculation
2011-03-04 (Fri) - Melbourne (Soundwave)
2011-03-05 (Sat) - Adelaide (Soundwave)
2011-03-07 (Mon) - Perth (Soundwave)
2011-03-12 (Sat) - Singapore - rumoured
2011-03-xx Yokohama - speculation
2011-03-xx Tokyo -speculation
2011-03-xx Mexico - rumoured
2011-03-xx Caracass
2011-03-xx Bogota
2011-03-xx Santiago
2011-03-xx Rio - rumoured, not confirmed but Maiden are the band most voted for
2011-03-xx Port Allegre
2011-03-xx Brasilia
2011-03-25 (Fri) - Belem
2011-03-27 (Sun) - Recife
2011-03-xx Beunos Aires - speculation
2011-04-xx Tampa
2011-04-xx Fort Lauderdale

The main deciding factors on when and in which order Maiden play NA or Europe are

1) If they decide to take a break after the "Ed Force One" leg - it would be a sensible thing to do but since it is Maiden then there is no gaurentees :lol:

2) Have Maiden signed a similar contract for Sonisphere as Metallica did for 2009/2010

NORTH AMERICAN LEG

Although nothing has been confirmed it can be assumed that they will hit North America next year, opinion differs on when they will play there - could be anytime being May-June or August. Maiden play in Europe in July. The band have already stated that it will be a long tour, so there maybe as many as 25 gigs in North America. Do not expect North American dates for awhile yet and when they do eventually come then it is likely they will be announced in one block. Florida dates have been added to the previous leg as potential fuel stops

likely cities are :

2011-xx-xx San Antonio
2011-xx-xx Denver
2011-xx-xx LA
2011-xx-xx Chicago
2011-xx-xx Cleveland
2011-xx-xx Camden
2011-xx-xx Columbus
2011-xx-xx NY
2011-xx-xx East Rutherford
2011-xx-xx Washington
2011-xx-xx Seattle
2011-xx-xx Vancouver
2011-xx-xx Edmonton
2011-xx-xx Winnipeg
2011-xx-xx Quebec City
2011-xx-xx Montreal
2011-xx-xx Toronto

EUROPEAN LEG

Maiden announced dates in July in the Nordics so it is possible we will see Festival dates again in Europe in the Summer months. European gigs tend to be announced in dribs and drabs, it also likely additional dates will be announced very close to the tour. Previous album tours have had approximately 25 dates in Europe

Dates confirmed so far are

2011-06-xx - Thessaloniki
2011-07-01 (Fri) - Gothenburg Ullevi Stadium
2011-07-03 (Sun) - Roskilde Festival - Maiden are playing there, might be the 2010-06-30 or 2010-07-02
2011-07-06 (Wed) -Oslo Telenor Arena
2011-07-08 (Fri) - Helsinki Olympiastadion
2011-07-09 (Sat) - Tampere Ratina Stadium
2011-07-31 (Sun) - Sonisphere France - Amneville (very strong rumour but might be 2010-07-30, hang on wasn't that the rumoured date for Nimes) :)

Speculation - after all these are likely destinations ;)

2011-xx-xx - Germany - speculation
2011-xx-xx - Italy - speculation
2011-xx-xx - Spain - speculation
2011-xx-xx - Belgium - speculation
plus a few more

There have been the usual rumours of Maiden at Graspop, this again would depends on Sonisphere next year as Graspop clashed with Sonisphere - Turkey/Romania/Bulgaria in 2010. In addition it will also depend if Maiden are to fulfil contractual agreements with Sonisphere. It does not necessarily mean they will play the same countries as Metallica did this year. there are rumours already of a French Sonisphere which did not happen this year.

UK Arena Tour has been rumoured for some time, strong rumours are for August from some sources and September from others, again time will tell, the most likely destinations would be:

2011-xx-xx Cardiff
2011-xx-xx Birmingham
2011-xx-xx Manchester
2011-xx-xx Glasgow
2011-xx-xx Newcastle
2011-xx-xx Sheffield
2011-xx-xx London

[B]However it is very possible that we might get a one-off gig in a muddy field somewhere. I think it is unlikely that Maiden will try their own stadium gig in the Uk again. With number of threads about UK tours in this forum and the number of fans (who love the band enough to join the FC) saying that they would not go to a one-off stadium gig in 2008 and festival in 2010 then I wonder if they will actually listen to a growing fan base in the UK that want a UK tour. Maiden are a global business aiming for new markets and new fans every year. How many new fans would they get going to gigs in the UK if they even only played Glasgow, Manchester, Birmingham and London like they did in 2000?

Maiden33
10-12-2010, 10:29 PM
That's one helluva big read. The only thing that interests me is Camden really. I like the Tweeter/Susquehanna Bank Arts Center - both my 2006 and 2008 Maiden experiences there were fantastic. If I can get GA Pit tickets without paperless tickets I'll probably go for that. Izod (East Rutherford) and NYC (MSG) can suck my balls. If they played Holmdel instead of East Rutherford I'd probably try my luck with seats or just buy lawn tickets too. I had a great time there this past summer.

JLRedWing13
10-12-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm hoping the North American itinerary is similar to this past one and they come back to Detroit, ideally in an arena so I can actually see them from the pit....

idrinkwine732
10-12-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm hoping the North American itinerary is similar to this past one and they come back to Detroit, ideally in an arena so I can actually see them from the pit....

Don't hold your breath. The IMFC consensus is somewhat close to a shortened tour, although I personally don't think there's too much to it. Just speculation from the weirdest group of fans I've ever seen.

mankvill
10-13-2010, 12:19 AM
2011-xx-xx San Antonio
2011-xx-xx Denver
2011-xx-xx LA
2011-xx-xx Chicago
2011-xx-xx Cleveland
2011-xx-xx Camden
2011-xx-xx Columbus
2011-xx-xx NY
2011-xx-xx East Rutherford
2011-xx-xx Washington
2011-xx-xx Seattle
2011-xx-xx Vancouver
2011-xx-xx Edmonton
2011-xx-xx Winnipeg
2011-xx-xx Quebec City
2011-xx-xx Montreal
2011-xx-xx Toronto

fuck all yall muthafuckas

TonyD
10-13-2010, 01:03 AM
fuck all yall muthafuckas

Suck it up and go to Denver woman

AnglOvDeth
10-13-2010, 02:53 AM
^^^^^ I think I just pissed a little from laughing so hard. Thanks! :lol::lol::lol:

Butcher of Birth
10-13-2010, 06:56 AM
Tony made a friend!!!!! :) There is hope for world peace yet!

But seriously... If I have to fly to Chicago, DC, and Sweden to see them you can certainly suck it up and/or grow a pair and drive to Denver. Think of it this way: WWSD; What Would Skeletonwitch Do.

Maiden33
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM

But seriously... If I have to fly to Chicago, DC, and Sweden to see them you can certainly suck it up and/or grow a pair and drive to Denver. Think of it this way: WWSD; What Would Skeletonwitch Do.

Wrong, they came to Florida in 2009 and apparently plan to next year. Sure, if you wanna go to 5 duplicates of the same show, you have to travel that far, but otherwise, no. :lol: Or at least only to one of them.

But Manks should just suck it up and travel already. He's running out of opportunities.

Dextrimental
10-13-2010, 07:41 AM
Wrong, they came to Florida in 2009 and apparently plan to next year. Sure, if you wanna go to 5 duplicates of the same show, you have to travel that far, but otherwise, no. :lol: Or at least only to one of them.

Funny yopu should say that, thats literally what a mate of mine did, travelled to that States for the MSG show, then the Dublin show, followed immediately by Sonisphere in the UK, then Wacken, then Bruce Air Italy.. His bank account got raped but he did get to meet Bruce Dickinson!

Maiden33
10-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Funny yopu should say that, thats literally what a mate of mine did, travelled to that States for the MSG show, then the Dublin show, followed immediately by Sonisphere in the UK, then Wacken, then Bruce Air Italy.. His bank account got raped but he did get to meet Bruce Dickinson!

I'd consider that the biggest victory of the experience. I just don't have the desire to see the same show so many times. Two is my limit: 1 show with the best tickets I can get, 1 show with cheap tickets so I can have a great time with friends.

I still haven't ever "traveled" much for a show (Maiden in DC this past year was the most ever - about a 4-hour drive). But I just can't imagine it ever being Maiden, especially if it's going to Europe. I love so many bands that are never going to come here - why would I pay top dollar to see one I can see here almost every or every other year?

mankvill
10-13-2010, 01:50 PM

pfft i wouldn't drive to denver for Skeletonwitch

Travis The Dragon
10-13-2010, 05:49 PM
It wouldn't hurt Maiden to add another 5-10 cities to their US tour.

Maiden33
10-13-2010, 09:11 PM
It really takes picky fans to bitch about the itinerary of a tour that is months from being announced. :lol:

mankvill
10-13-2010, 11:23 PM
It really takes picky fans to bitch about the itinerary of a tour that is months from being announced. :lol:

If there's any songs that aren't from NOTB, POM, Powerslave or SIT then I'M FUCKING OUT

Butcher of Birth
10-14-2010, 12:45 AM
If there's any songs that aren't from NOTB, POM, Powerslave or SIT then I'M FUCKING OUT

WRONG! If they don't play all of Powerslave, front to back, I'm gonna leave. Honestly that's what all the die hard Maiden fans want! They want one of two things... 1) Classics and nothing but and 2) CLASSICS YOU IDIOT!

Why can't Maiden see that no one is paying for the new shit, no one cares its all the same "Oh look we are evolved musicians, we are still new and fresh after 30 years... We stand up for what we believe..." YAWN! 80-88 is all I want, or retire.

mankvill
10-14-2010, 12:54 AM
WRONG! If they don't play all of Powerslave, front to back, I'm gonna leave. Honestly that's what all the die hard Maiden fans want! They want one of two things... 1) Classics and nothing but and 2) CLASSICS YOU IDIOT!

Why can't Maiden see that no one is paying for the new shit, no one cares its all the same "Oh look we are evolved musicians, we are still new and fresh after 30 years... We stand up for what we believe..." YAWN! 80-88 is all I want, or retire.

exactly. if i hear one song that isn't an album t-shirt at hot topic, i'm boycotting the band.

TonyD
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM

Yep :cool:

Nick_to_the_face
10-14-2010, 10:48 AM

Cheers to that! :party:

Dextrimental
10-14-2010, 11:43 AM
I'd consider that the biggest victory of the experience. I just don't have the desire to see the same show so many times. Two is my limit: 1 show with the best tickets I can get, 1 show with cheap tickets so I can have a great time with friends.

I still haven't ever "traveled" much for a show (Maiden in DC this past year was the most ever - about a 4-hour drive). But I just can't imagine it ever being Maiden, especially if it's going to Europe. I love so many bands that are never going to come here - why would I pay top dollar to see one I can see here almost every or every other year?

Fair point, if you hit almost any major European festival you would see alot of the bands on your must see list in one weekend.. I've gone to the UK to see bands these past few years, starting with Atreyu in 07, and been to Graspop twice so far, with both times knocking ALOT of bands off my must-see list..